PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery

CloakNNNdagger
01-12-2011, 06:45 PM
No information of what the findings or extent of injuries were.

Andre Johnson underwent what he called successful ankle surgery Wednesday, the same day he was named first-team Sporting News All-Pro.

Johnson, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, missed the final two games of the regular season after playing through a high-ankle sprain throughout all but one game of the regular season.

Johnson said via Twitter he underwent surgery Wednesday.

"Thanks everyone for your support," Johnson tweeted Wednesday afternoon. "The procedure on my ankle went very well."

LINK (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/12/andre-johnson-undergoes-successful-ankle-surgery/)

Thorn
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Best of luck to you AJ! :)

Showtime100
01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that Cloak! Much obliged. :tiphat:

Doppelganger
01-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Will he be ready to go next year...provided there is a next year?

2slik4u
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Will he be ready to go next year...provided there is a next year?

And the plot thickens.......

HJam72
01-12-2011, 09:12 PM
He'll be good to go when the Colts sign him. (JK)

drewmar74
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM

:eek:

Can you imagine AJ against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!

HJam72
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM

Can you imagine aj against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!

300 :)

JB
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM

Can you imagine AJ against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!

300 :)

Surely you jest...

With PM as his qb, gonna be 600 easy!

steelbtexan
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Good News

Have you ever heard a surgeon say that a surgery on an athlete didn't go well?

Texan_Bill
01-12-2011, 10:07 PM
No information of what the findings or extent of injuries were.

LINK (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/12/andre-johnson-undergoes-successful-ankle-surgery/)

Hey Doc Jean, just curious.... I thought this type of injury (high ankle sprain) only required rest for recovery. That said, my question is, why would surgery be required???

It goes without saying that I appreciate your response and explanation.... You make me feel smarter, that way! ;)

Big Lou
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM

I cast you out of this forum sir!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey Doc Jean, just curious.... I thought this type of injury (high ankle sprain) only required rest for recovery. That said, my question is, why would surgery be required???

It goes without saying that I appreciate your response and explanation.... You make me feel smarter, that way! ;)

Because he kept playing on it and eventually suffered more extensive injuries to the ankle.

ArlingtonTexan
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Good News

This. Give us some indication as to when we will know if the surgery really worked or not.

I always assume that this means there was no immediate issues like infection or more damage than thought, etc., but if CND could explain the "successful" surgery stuff, I would really appreciate it.

The Pencil Neck
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
To me, this is just another case of "ignore what they say." All I get from this is that AJ had surgery.

No surgery on an athlete can be considered successful until they're back on the field and performing up to their previous ability for several games.

CloakNNNdagger
01-13-2011, 09:18 AM

Because he kept playing on it and eventually suffered more extensive injuries to the ankle.

Good News

This. Give us some indication as to when we will know if the surgery really worked or not.

I always assume that this means there was no immediate issues like infection or more damage than thought, etc., but if CND could explain the "successful" surgery stuff, I would really appreciate it.

To me, this is just another case of "ignore what they say." All I get from this is that AJ had surgery.
No surgery on an athlete can be considered successful until they're back on the field and performing up to their previous ability for several games.

For those interested, it would probably be worthwhile to paruse my posts on on at least the last 3 pages of this ANDRE JOHNSON THREAD (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78299&highlight=andre&page=4)

Pencil Neck is correct, WHAT WE KNOW: AJ HAD SURGERY........AND LIVED THROUGH IT. It doesn't even mean that there weren't any intra-operative "complications," just that it is implied that if there were, they were overcome. We don't know what the MRI showed going into the surgery. We only know that he definitely had high ligament damage which progressed to at least low ligament damage (from continued trauma/play) and probably cartilage and/or boney damage requiring arthroscopic surgery. Success could just refer to removal or repair of loose cartilage or bone. If you remove it, then you may have been left with still a poor prognosis of what I first referred to in the past as "bone on bone" with DD. A surgery gone well does not necessarily correlate with the ultimate outcome of the athlete's performance. For example, Charles Spencer had a massive set of injuries. The jigsaw puzzle pieces were put together.........."successful surgery." Performance outcome?....................

Dutchrudder
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Good News

This is what I was thinking. I can't imagine a surgeon or a team spokesman coming out saying something to the contrary. I doubt the doctors would every operate on an athlete again if they screwed up on someone like ANDRE JOHNSON. How could you live that down?

Even if it didn't go well and it required follow up surgery, I doubt we would hear about it until after everything was fixed. No reason to give a negative report and dismay the team and fans.