PDA

View Full Version : Cushing Switches "Money Man"

CloakNNNdagger
01-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Cushing better be concentrating more on improving his skills and football IQ. If not, his representation, whoever it may be, will get him bupkis.

Cushing doesnít want a new deal, yet (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/12/cushing-doesnt-want-a-new-deal-yet/)

When word emerged on Monday that Texans linebacker Brian Cushing had made an agent change from CAA to Rosenhaus Sports, we commenced the process of sniffing around to obtain information regarding the reason for the change, especially since the maneuver often suggests that the player wants a raise. But with Cushing only two years into his rookie contract and coming off a disappointing second season, now isnít the time for him to try to enhance the slotted deal he received in 2009.

The other potential explanation was that Cushing believed that CAA didnít sufficiently support him last year, when reports emerged of his four-game suspension for violation of the steroids policy.

Weíre hearing that Cushing and his family simply didnít believe that the player was receiving enough ďpersonal attentionĒ from Tom Condon. Thatís not a knock on Condon or CAA; every client is different, and the perceptions and expectations of a player and his family members will vary greatly. (Indeed, itís possible that CAA greeted the decision with quiet relief.)

Based on the information weíve gathered, Rosenhaus ended up being the pick because: (1) Rosenhaus Sports was the runner-up to represent Cushing when he came out of USC; (2) the firm represents some of his best friends; and (3) RSR has negotiated long-term deals for other Texans players like tackle Eric Winston and defensive lineman Antonio Smith.

So rest easy, Texans fans. Your rookie star who had a sophomore slump isnít looking for more money.

Yet

IDEXAN
01-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I expect Cushings leverage for an upgrade in his contract to be adversly affected by the Texans switch to the 3-4, as he most likely will be moved to
an ILB position and everyone knows the big money guys @ LB in the 3-4 are the OLBs who are the ones who rack up the big sack stats.

DexmanC
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I expect Cushings leverage for an upgrade in his contract to be adversly affected by the Texans switch to the 3-4, as he most likely will be moved to
an ILB position and everyone knows the big money guys @ LB in the 3-4 are the OLBs who are the ones who rack up the big sack stats.

Cushing wants to be like his idol, Lawrence Taylor. I believe he's gonna
beg Wade REAL HARD to be moved to OLB.

disaacks3
01-12-2011, 12:28 PM

IMHO -It'd be a supreme waste of Cush's talent to move him inside.

Double Barrel
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM

I hate to say it, but Cushing has a long way to go just be as good as LT's shadow.

GP
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
IMHO -It'd be a supreme waste of Cush's talent to move him inside.

All Cushing wants to do, all he is built to do, is get to the QB and make him ache.

Wade said he was going to NOT force players into roles they aren't geared for. Let's see if he is smart enough to let Cushing be our Clay Mathews.

infantrycak
01-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I believe he's gonna

What move? - he has played SLB for two years except for a couple games this year when DeMeco went down. The question is whether he lobbies not to be moved to ILB.