PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the rest?

aussie_texan
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Just wondering where Darryl Sharpton, Zach diles and Xavier Adibi will play now that we have moved to the 3-4

where will they play at OLB or ILB as back ups for the starters??

FlyingTexan
01-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Sharpton will start at ILB with Demeco, and out of Adibi/Diles i think one will be let go

Jackie Chiles
01-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Sharpton will start at ILB with Demeco, and out of Adibi/Diles i think one will be let go

Sharpton can backup DeMeco who will be playing beside Cushing in the middle.

Wolf6151
01-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Diles will probably be a backup at ILB behind Ryans.
Adibi will probably be a backup at SOLB behind Barwin.
Sharpton, not sure, maybe a backup at ILB behind Cushing.

aussie_texan
01-12-2011, 04:25 AM

this is what i was thinking

otisbean
01-12-2011, 07:05 AM
I think Adibi gets cut, the guy can't stay on the field. Diles and Sharpton become back up ILBs

Corrosion
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I think a lot of people take for granted that Demeco will be back to his pre injury self ..... Thats not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

Sharpton could very well start inside if he isnt ready or isnt the same player we have come to expect.

BigBull17
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I think Diles will be depth or traded. He can't be trotted out there for another season.

disaacks3
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
My take...

Adibi will probably be a backup at SOLB behind Barwin/Cushing.
Sharpton may start at ILB beside Ryans.

drs23
01-13-2011, 02:18 PM
I think like some others that Adibi will be released. He just can't stay healthy enough to see the field. A wasted roster spot.

thunderkyss
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM

I think Diles is a free agent. I doubt we'll pay him very much to stay. If someone else wants him, he may not be here.

I'm thinking Anderson & Barwin would be our starting OLBs.

Cushing & Ryans in the middle.

Bently, Sharpton, Bing & Adibi will be fighting for ILB back-up spots & we'll probably be looking for some OLB depth.

Chance_C
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm thinking Von Miller, & Barwin would be our starting OLBs.

Cushing & Ryans in the middle.

Fixed it for you TK!!

J_R
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Sharpton ILB

Adibi, Diles:

http://www.commercialdoorcompany.com/assets/images/exit_door.jpg

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I originally felt like having Cushing in the middle next to Demeco. I'm hoping we can draft Casey Matthews for ILB and have Cushing outside. I also think we should spend an early pick on an OLB pass rusher. Ayers/Clayborn in the 1st or Moch in the 2nd or so. I know this may be "overkill" but we would have an incredible LB crew, starters and depth.

Clayborn (R) - Demeco - Matthews (R) - Cushing
Barwin-------Sharpton----Diles------Adibi
--------------Bentley------------

Throw in Asomugha/Bailey at CB and possibly a free agent NT and we have a killer defense.

GP
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking Ryans doesn't come back to the form we need him to come back at.

3-4 defenses are built for speed. I can't think that his injury is going to permit him to be quick enough for the role. I'm just being realistic here.

We could very well draft a linebacker at no. 11 overall.

The "drafting a cornerback" ship has sailed for round 1. It's going to be defensive lineman or LB with our no. 11 overall. With a slim chance we go for a Safety. Also a chance of Kubiak doing the whole "trade down" gig, too. Yay.

MFG16
01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I originally felt like having Cushing in the middle next to Demeco. I'm hoping we can draft Casey Matthews for ILB and have Cushing outside. I also think we should spend an early pick on an OLB pass rusher. Ayers/Clayborn in the 1st or Moch in the 2nd or so. I know this may be "overkill" but we would have an incredible LB crew, starters and depth.

Clayborn (R) - Demeco - Matthews (R) - Cushing
Barwin-------Sharpton----Diles------Adibi
--------------Bentley------------

Throw in Asomugha/Bailey at CB and possibly a free agent NT and we have a killer defense.

Your willing to go with two rookies starting at very important positions, after last season? We need to get a 3-4 ILB in FA, and depending on how Barwin comes back from injury, an OLB too. Players like Von Miller and Casey Matthews would be great pick ups for this team, but we cant just throw them into the starting lineup.

Dutchrudder
01-13-2011, 04:38 PM
I think Diles will be depth or traded. He can't be trotted out there for another season.

I don't think Diles could be traded, he will be cut/let go if anything. He was a 7th round pick who played the way a 7th round pick is expected. He's nothing special, but if they can re-sign him for a minimum contract, I don't see why they wouldn't want to keep him for depth.

thunderkyss
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Your willing to go with two rookies starting at very important positions, after last season? We need to get a 3-4 ILB in FA, and depending on how Barwin comes back from injury, an OLB too. Players like Von Miller and Casey Matthews would be great pick ups for this team, but we cant just throw them into the starting lineup.

Mario, Demeco, Dwayne Brown, Dunta Robinson, Owen Daniels, Okoye Cushing, Quin all started as rookies, in very important positions.... they were more or less successful.

Kareem Jackson started as a rookie......... meh...

Lets not allow rookies to ever start at any position again.

:kubepalm:

:wadepalm:

:kitten:

Insideop
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM

3-4 defenses are built for speed. I can't think that his injury is going to permit him to be quick enough for the role. I'm just being realistic here.

The "drafting a cornerback" ship has sailed for round 1. It's going to be defensive lineman or LB with our no. 11 overall. With a slim chance we go for a Safety. Also a chance of Kubiak doing the whole "trade down" gig, too. Yay.

I don't think there is a Safety (I assume you want a FS) in this class worth an early 1st round pick. It looks like a very weak class. Maybe Rahim Moore or Quinton Carter in the 2nd. I'm thinking, like you, it's going to be an OLB or NT in the 1st.

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I understand the hesitation and do agree with you, to an extent. A lot really depends on the health of our players... and who the rookies are. If Demeco is a 16+ game starter for us next season that alone will pay huge dividends for the LB crew. He's the true leader of our defense.

I think Matthews is a very smart player and can lock down a starting spot much like Demeco and Cushing did their rookie seasons. Plus it helps with him being between the two, IMO.

I'm starting to like the idea of Cushing outside (if Phillips thinks is a good idea) and have him attack the LOS alot and even play up on the line some. Puts Cushing in a situation where he can play to his strengths.

As far as the other OLB spot, there's your other rookie you're talking about. I think that may be the 1st rounder because it appears there's could be some stud- Clay Matthews type guys. At #11 you of course want him to start and play all the time. I havn't forgotten about Barwin, I think they'll split some time together but also Barwin is coming off a injury. I don't feel any better about him being a starter penciled in (an unknown) as I would about a stud rookie OLB.

This also hinges on getting a quality CB like Asomugha or Bailey, which every team wants. I think our coverage from our LBs and DBs will be much better than last year with this line up.... and it also sets up to a fast attacking type of defense.

The rookie OLB, Barwin, Anderson can also bump up to DE when we play in 4-3 situations with Smith bumping in as a DT like we did last year. I love the versatility and depth of this.

thunderkyss
01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of Cushing outside (if Phillips thinks is a good idea) and have him attack the LOS alot and even play up on the line some. Puts Cushing in a situation where he can play to his strengths.

As far as the other OLB spot, there's your other rookie you're talking about. I think that may be the 1st rounder because it appears there's could be some stud- Clay Matthews type guys.

If Cushing ends up outside, I'd bet money you'll see Anderson or Barwin starting on the weakside.

Which would leave space for a rookie, or Sharpton next to Demeco in the middle. Sharpton would be nice, in the event Demeco can't get us 16 games, he can slide over & we can move that rookie up.... or Adibi, or Bing.

Either way, I think we need more LBs first round, third, 4th..... don't matter, we need more LBs.

MFG16
01-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Mario, Demeco, Dwayne Brown, Dunta Robinson, Owen Daniels, Okoye Cushing, Quin all started as rookies, in very important positions.... they were more or less successful.

Kareem Jackson started as a rookie......... meh...

Lets not allow rookies to ever start at any position again.

:kubepalm:

:wadepalm:

:kitten:

I understand what your saying, but to your point a lot of those players had no choice (with the exception of Daniels and Quin). This team needs to have Vets starting and rookies learning from them. We can't just rely on a "good" draft class to get us by. The only rookie that should atleast be considered to start is our 1st rounder, Von Miller :).

Ndevine7
01-13-2011, 05:33 PM
I understand what your saying, but to your point a lot of those players had no choice (with the exception of Daniels and Quin). This team needs to have Vets starting and rookies learning from them. We can't just rely on a "good" draft class to get us by. The only rookie that should atleast be considered to start is our 1st rounder, Von Miller :).

And possibly our second rounder depending on who we draft. If we draft a NT like Taylor from Baylor or even Powe from Ole Miss in the 2/3rd round they could be a starter right away. Also drafting a s such as Tate from Maryland Williams from UNC or Sands from WVU could also be an immediate impact

drs23
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Much like what CND posted when the injury occurred and since he's been spot on with his other projections reguarding recovery, I've got to agree.

That and the fact (IIRC) CND stated a two year window for full recovery.

There are others that agree with you here looking at the mock draft board.

I'm not really adverse to that since we have a lot of holes to fill in one draft and FA. Rick, Wade and Coach K really need to put thier heads together and hit one out of the park in this round of player acquisition. Their jobs depend on it and I think they KNOW that. We'll see.

Carr Bombed
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM

The LBer position is like the RB position.....it's mostly instincts and you either have those instincts or you don't. Rookies come in all the time and dominate at the LBer position and the guys who can play, make plays from day 1.

I'd have no problem starting a rookie LBer if the kid has the goods and can play.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
If Cushing ends up outside, I'd bet money you'll see Anderson or Barwin starting on the weakside.

Which would leave space for a rookie, or Sharpton next to Demeco in the middle. Sharpton would be nice, in the event Demeco can't get us 16 games, he can slide over & we can move that rookie up.... or Adibi, or Bing.

Either way, I think we need more LBs first round, third, 4th..... don't matter, we need more LBs.

I agree with needing more LB's. We are already short with decent LB's and we are not certain of Demeco's health status.(Hope, he will be able to come back strong)

Go Texans!!!

DexmanC
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I think a lot of people take for granted that Demeco will be back to his pre injury self ..... Thats not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

Demeco wasn't a pro bowler based on his athletic ability. The thing
that makes him special is his ability to dissect a play before it happens.
Dude should be back to his hold self, as he is not rehabbing a brain injury.

Texan_Bill
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Fixed it for you TK!!

Hey psycho :secret: DON"T jinx my wish!!! ;)

thunderkyss
01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey psycho :secret: DON"T jinx my wish!!! ;)

That's my thing. It doesn't matter, & it never fails. Whoever we (the consensus) think is best suited for this team... whoever we believe the most impactful player might be.........

We ain't gonna pick them.

It pains me to see so many get so worked up about things like this.

The Texans won't ever do anything that makes sense.

so go ahead & get it out of your system now.

Doppelganger
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Demeco wasn't a pro bowler based on his athletic ability. The thing
that makes him special is his ability to dissect a play before it happens.
Dude should be back to his hold self, as he is not rehabbing a brain injury.

True. Meco is a very intelligent player. But just becuase someone has the processing speed to intellectually dissect the play as/before it happens, they still need the athletic ability to followup. Meco was a probowler becuase of his intelligence AND his athleticism.

He is coming off a significant injury. I am not sure he will be back to his preinjury self out of the game and think we need to plan as if he never returns so we are not screwed if the worst case scenario occurs.

devo-x
01-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Texans need to either draft or acquire a FA Safety this year (Pollard & Wilson didn't work too well)