PDA

View Full Version : Is Gary Kubiak as nice a guy as we are told?

TheRealJoker
01-07-2011, 05:23 PM
It was hilarious how badly Kubiak threw his 2nd handpicked Dc under the bus at the end of the season. He even blamed the uncharacteristic special teams problems this year on Frank Bush pullong the quality STers due to injuries!!! I keep hearing Kubiak is a "nice guy" but that is 2 DCs in a row HE PICKED that he threw under the bus to save his own ass.

At least Wade Phillips went down with his assistants in Buffalo despite being given the opportunity to pull a Kubiak.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I saw him kick a puppy once.

Showtime100
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
He's been pretty f'ing mean to me for quite some time. I guess that counts as a "no" from me. :foottap:

ThaShark316
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I remember when he screamed at Schaub in the Carolina game in 2007.

Texans scored 34 unanswered after that. lol

infantrycak
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
He didn't throw Marciano under the bus at all. What he said was Marciano was having to deal with different players all the time due to injuries. For the most part Kubiak doesn't like starters playing special teams. So the opposite is true. He was defending Marciano as having to deal with new players all the time with LB's and TE's going down.

J_R
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Gary's a good kid. A tough kid. A kid who also has great character. Always battle coachin' out there, bustin' his tail off. That's all you can ask for. Just gotta keep fightin' and pushing through and he'll get to where he wants to be, I have no doubts.

michaelm
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Gary's a good kid. A tough kid. A kid who also has great character. Always battle coachin' out there, bustin' his tail off. That's all you can ask for. Just gotta keep fightin' and pushing through and he'll get to where he wants to be, I have no doubts.

I disagree... but he is on the right track.

PapaL
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM
He stole my bike in 4th grade...

Thorn
01-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I heard his eyes sometimes go all black with some kind of oily substance. I notified Mulder and Scully.

DocBar
01-07-2011, 07:03 PM
He didn't throw Marciano under the bus at all. What he said was Marciano was having to deal with different players all the time due to injuries. For the most part Kubiak doesn't like starters playing special teams. So the opposite is true. He was defending Marciano as having to deal with new players all the time with LB's and TE's going down.

Who's brilliant idea was it to have SS returning kick offs? Bueller? Bueller?
It must be the last name that does it. Pelosi stated it's Bush's fault that Dems lost control of congress last November. I wonder if they're related....

thunderkyss
01-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Remember Carr didn't like being yelled at..... & I think I've heard at least two players say that Kubiak can & frequently does get nasty.....

He just keeps his cool in public, & on the sidelines. I kinda like that really.

texanhead08
01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Guys this ones on me . Its hard to win in this league. The kids played hard but in the end we just came up short.

steelbtexan
01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
It was hilarious how badly Kubiak threw his 2nd handpicked Dc under the bus at the end of the season. He even blamed the uncharacteristic special teams problems this year on Frank Bush pullong the quality STers due to injuries!!! I keep hearing Kubiak is a "nice guy" but that is 2 DCs in a row HE PICKED that he threw under the bus to save his own ass.

At least Wade Phillips went down with his assistants in Buffalo despite being given the opportunity to pull a Kubiak.

This happens all of the time. Blame somebody else to save your job.

I hope Gary is meaner to his underachieving players than he has been in the past.

Garys' problems have nothing to do with this. His problems are his inability to think on his feet. Go off script/Timeout useage/Replay Challenges etc.....

DocBar
01-07-2011, 07:33 PM
This happens all of the time. Blame somebody else to save your job.

I hope Gary is meaner to his underachieving players than he has been in the past.

Garys' problems have nothing to do with this. His problems are his inability to think on his feet. Go off script/Timeout useage/Replay Challenges etc.....

Kubes does seem to have a problem when the fur is flying. He should hire an assistant just for replays. He sux at 'em.

GP
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
EFF the man.

You guys realize what has now happened?

a. Vikings make their interim coach the HC.
b. Cowboys make their interim coach the HC.
c. Giants retain their HC.
d. Bengals retain their HC.
e. Dolphins retain their HC.
f. Jags retain their HC.
g. Chargers retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh
i. Broncos want our o-coord

That leaves the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders seeking new head coaches. With the Raiders possibly hiring within.

NINE teams who each could have pursued Bill Cowher. Two teams, Panthers and Browns, who didn't immediately reach out and make a highly public effort to get Bill Cowher in for an interview. With Cowher alluding that he will probably stay in TV for another year.

And I am supposed to discuss if Gary is a nice person or not.

The real story, folks, is how incredibly dense, or cheap, or short-sighted, or ignorant, or foolish Bob McNair is for not taking advantage of a situation.

Which is what happens with this team, too: Unable to capitalize on situations.

It's only fitting.

I don't want to stay on topic, either. Gary Kubiak is an obstacle now.

But we got Bum's boy out of it. Super Bowl bound now. The highest paid DC is somehow going to nullify or make up for the HC's well-documented mistakes, in addition to sporting a great defense next year. And could possibly become, drum roll please....OUR interim head coach! LOL. YAY!

What a perfect storm was in existence for us to get Cowher! It all came together except for Bob McNair.

Showtime100
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
EFF the man.

f. Jags retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh

That leaves the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders seeking new head coaches. With the Raiders possibly hiring within.

NINE teams who each could have pursued Bill Cowher. Two teams, Panthers and Browns, who didn't immediately reach out and make a highly public effort to get Bill Cowher in for an interview. With Cowher alluding that he will probably stay in TV for another year.

The real story, folks, is how incredibly dense, or cheap, or short-sighted, or ignorant, or foolish Bob McNair is for not taking advantage of a situation.

It's only fitting.

But we got Bum's boy out of it. Super Bowl bound now. The highest paid DC is somehow going to nullify or make up for the HC's well-documented mistakes, in addition to sporting a great defense next year. And could possibly become, drum roll please....OUR interim head coach! LOL. YAY!

What a perfect storm was in existence for us to get Cowher! It all came together except for Bob McNair.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/gJtAR.jpg

DocBar
01-07-2011, 07:58 PM
EFF the man.

f. Jags retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh

It's only fitting.

Maybe all those other teams passing on Cowher is telling. He might only be a hot commodity in the eyes of other media types. If Cowher and Gruden were such end-all be-all, coaching gurus, they would have teams falling all over themselves fighing for them. There HAS to be a reason they aren't. Where there's no smoke, their usually isn't a fire. San Diego is almost custom-made for Cowher. Denver too, now that I think about it. Just saying....

GP
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/gJtAR.jpg

LOL.

OK, OK, I honestly laughed at myself when I saw that photo.

So true, so true....

"Dr. Leo! Dr. Leo! You didn't return my phone call, Dr. Leo!"

GP
01-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Maybe all those other teams passing on Cowher is telling. He might only be a hot commodity in the eyes of other media types. If Cowher and Gruden were such end-all be-all, coaching gurus, they would have teams falling all over themselves fighing for them. There HAS to be a reason they aren't. Where there's no smoke, their usually isn't a fire. San Diego is almost custom-made for Cowher. Denver too, now that I think about it. Just saying....

I have thought about that, too.

We also don't know that each of those teams have or haven't called Cowher's agent, and Cowher's agent said "Thanks, but not thanks."

If it's widely known that Cowher wants one specific team, maybe the other fish are scared off?

But, "Yes," it is possible that Cowher wants to coach more than any team actually wants HIM. It's possible.

I just think that's a lot of teams to pass on a guy who did pretty well in Pittsburgh. It wasn't a fluke. It was a sustained legacy there.

Kimmy
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Remember Carr didn't like being yelled at..... & I think I've heard at least two players say that Kubiak can & frequently does get nasty.....

He just keeps his cool in public, & on the sidelines. I kinda like that really.

We saw James Casey once at some radio thing and I asked him the same thing. He never showed any fire on the sidelines, so I flat out asked James if he did in the locker room.

James kinda laughed and was like, "Oh yeah, you have NO IDEA how bad we get chewed"

That satisfied me ... till the next loss.

DexmanC
01-07-2011, 08:18 PM

About half of those 34 unanswered came from defense and
special teams. The Panthers turned the ball over a million times
it seemed.

Interesting how the defensive star of the game was Dunta Robinson,
who replaced Petey Jackson,err Faggins from the horror of defending
Steve Smith.

Texecutioner
01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
All of a sudden Kubiak isn't a total softy?? Lol!

Stop kidding yourselves. He's a total player's coach to a fault and that's exactly why his players are so undisciplined.

DexmanC
01-07-2011, 08:57 PM

Stop kidding yourselves. He's a total player's coach to a fault and that's exactly why his players are so undisciplined.

Now that you mention it, didn't Wade Phillips squad lose a million
games at the beginning of last season due to lack of discipline?

Who's the disciplinarian that's gonna solve that problem for the Texans
in 2011?

Gotta love the Texans' Marketing Department. They work better than any
other facet of the organization.

DocBar
01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Now that you mention it, didn't Wade Phillips squad lose a million
games at the beginning of last season due to lack of discipline?

Who's the disciplinarian that's gonna solve that problem for the Texans
in 2011?Gotta love the Texans' Marketing Department. They work better than any
other facet of the organization.

That's what I'm asking

DocBar
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I have thought about that, too.

We also don't know that each of those teams have or haven't called Cowher's agent, and Cowher's agent said "Thanks, but not thanks."

If it's widely known that Cowher wants one specific team, maybe the other fish are scared off?

But, "Yes," it is possible that Cowher wants to coach more than any team actually wants HIM. It's possible.

I just think that's a lot of teams to pass on a guy who did pretty well in Pittsburgh. It wasn't a fluke. It was a sustained legacy there.

Maybe he put himself out of a HC job this offseason. That worls for us. We suck next year, have Cowher as HC and Phillips as DC. Makes the 85 Bears look like Girl Scouts guarding cookies at a weight watchers convention. McNair is a bloody genius. Thjink Kubes would stay on as OC?

4Texans
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
We saw James Casey once at some radio thing and I asked him the same thing. He never showed any fire on the sidelines, so I flat out asked James if he did in the locker room.

James kinda laughed and was like, "Oh yeah, you have NO IDEA how bad we get chewed"

That satisfied me ... till the next loss.

Eric Winston has pretty much said the same thing on his 610 show.

infantrycak
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM

Yeah despite every report like Sage complaining he was too harsh. The only reports that have come out have him being a big disciplinarian in the locker room rather than a softee that I know off. If you can find a softee report please post it.

ThaShark316
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
About half of those 34 unanswered came from defense and
special teams. The Panthers turned the ball over a million times
it seemed.

Interesting how the defensive star of the game was Dunta Robinson,
who replaced Petey Jackson,err Faggins from the horror of defending
Steve Smith.

LOL @ you thinking I was trying to defend Kubiak.

lmao @ half when the only non offensive TD was on special teams.

JB
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah despite every report like Sage complaining he was too harsh. The only reports that have come out have him being a big disciplinarian in the locker room rather than a softee that I know off. If you can find a softee report please post it.

You know that truth is not near as impressive as fitting in with the current bash theme of the day.

Mr. White
01-07-2011, 10:05 PM

I think there's 2 reasons.

1. They both want too much money.
2. They both want too much control.

From what I've heard on NFLN, there were some teams that kicked the tires on both guys, but they got turned off when they found out what it would take to get them.

Honoring Earl 34
01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Gary's best friends .

http://26.media.tumblr.com/doaPTW5knnbinv243ATvjVxfo1_400.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/411/350/77854626_display_image.jpg?1285363982

steelbtexan
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
You know that truth is not near as impressive as fitting in with the current bash theme of the day.

Kubiak is fine as a disciplinarian and as a leader of his team.

What the last 5 yrs have proven is that he's unable to think on his feet.

I-cak, He's like the legal assistant, he can get all of the info, legal briefs together and depose witnesses in the confrence room at the law offices.

Put the same guy talking in front of a jury and he freezes up. That's Kubiak on gameday.

Playoffs
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
He doesn't like kids,
He doesn't like dogs,
And he doesn't like old people.

JB
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Kubiak is fine as a disciplinarian and as a leader of his team.

What the last 5 yrs have proven is that he's unable to think on his feet.

I-cak, He's like the legal assistant, he can get all of the info, legal briefs together and depose witnesses in the confrence room at the law offices.

Put the same guy talking in front of a jury and he freezes up. That's Kubiak on gameday.

Dammit! I hate that I can not dispute this!

JB
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
He doesn't like kids,
He doesn't like dogs,
And he doesn't like old people.

:bat:

IDEXAN
01-08-2011, 08:53 AM

Does Kubiak still get anxious when the Texans attempt a FG, does he still turn away from the view of the kick ? His behavior in those situations always
gave me angst.

thunderkyss
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Statistically, we're among the most disciplined teams in the NFL.

michaelm
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM

I'd really like someone to explain exactly what it is the Texans do, or don't do that makes people say they're undisciplined.
What's the measuring stick?

Can you quantify it?
Qualify it?
Define it, or substantiate it in any way?

Not trying to come down on you specifically, but there are tons of negative assertions flying around here lately, but I'm not seeing a lot of people actually backing up their claims.

What shall we base this supposed lack of discipline on?

Penalties?
5.6 per game - NFL Rank #10

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Interceptions?
0.8 per game - NFL Rank #7

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game

Fumbles?
1.0 per game - NFL Rank #6

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

I guess, technically, they are undisciplined since they're not perfect, but still above average in the categories I came up with that could reflect on team discipline.

Having said all that, I'm not saying you're wrong.

All I'm asking is for a clear definition of what it is that makes them undisciplined.
Other than the fact that throwing that word out there supports your opinion of Kubiak.

HJam72
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Definition of undisciplined: 6-10. :slapfight:

DexmanC
01-08-2011, 10:22 AM
LOL @ you thinking I was trying to defend Kubiak.

lmao @ half when the only non offensive TD was on special teams.

Thank god for your LOL's. I almost thought you were off your rocker!
Rep.

DexmanC
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Definition of undisciplined: 6-10. :slapfight:

Most of those 10 losses came on brainfarts due to lack of concentration.
Discipline is MOST important on the WINNING plays.

michaelm
01-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Most of those 10 losses came on brainfarts due to lack of concentration.
Discipline is MOST important on the WINNING plays.

See that's kind of what I'm talking about. Your statement is very general.
Explain exactly how discipline caused Schaub to throw that pick 6 against Baltimore.
How did discipline cause the batted pass to go into the receiver's hands on the hail mary against the Jags.
How about the TD pas in the back of the end zone against the Jets?

If your assertion is true, then I'm very happy. That means everything on the team is hunky dory except discipline. We can keep all the players, all the coaches, and the scheme.

By your reasoning, improved discipline would have won us >5 games.

Hell yeah. Improved discipline = 11-5 baby!!!

Wolf
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Frank,Gibbs and staff threw themselves under the bus for that defense out there. Frank would have been gone last year if it weren't for Pollard coming in and knowing how to tackle RB's (we see his liability in coverage though)

with that said..I sure the hell hope the Texans get some safeties in this offseason

michaelm
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Having said what I said earlier, I will say one thing.
The Texans are terrible tacklers, and that could indicate a lack of discipline in that area.
On the other hand, they might not be undisciplined, but rather just suck ass tacklers.

DexmanC
01-08-2011, 11:22 AM
How did discipline cause the batted pass to go into the receiver's hands on the hail mary against the Jags.

The play BEFORE the hail Mary, Antonio Smith gave the Jags 5 yards
closer to the endzone. That was a CLEAR breakdown in discipline.

How about the TD pas in the back of the end zone against the Jets?

The play PREVIOUS to that was a CLEAR busted coverage by
TWO defenders. It was an easy sideline route when the sideline
shouldn't have even BEEN AN OPTION. A CLEAR breakdown in discipline.

Wade Phillips was fired in Dallas due to his team losing poise after
scoring touchdowns, amongst other game-changing lack-of-focus.

You don't need discipline on just a couple plays. You need discipline on
EVERY play.

Wolf
01-08-2011, 11:30 AM
The play BEFORE the hail Mary, Antonio Smith gave the Jags 5 yards
closer to the endzone. That was a CLEAR breakdown in discipline.

and another reason why Bush is gone (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78309&highlight=frank+bush+antonio+smith)

burro
01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd really like someone to explain exactly what it is the Texans do, or don't do that makes people say they're undisciplined.

Can you quantify it?
Qualify it?

Not trying to come down on you specifically, but there are tons of negative assertions flying around here lately, but I'm not seeing a lot of people actually backing up their claims.

Penalties?

Interceptions?

Fumbles?

I guess, technically, they are undisciplined since they're not perfect, but still above average in the categories I came up with that could reflect on team discipline.

All I'm asking is for a clear definition of what it is that makes them undisciplined.
Other than the fact that throwing that word out there supports your opinion of Kubiak.

It's pretty simple. This past year's teams made the same dumb mistakes week after week after week after week (KJ falls down, Schaub under throws the deepball, no motivation anywhere on either side of the ball, Jacoby drops a pass, etc) without any semblance of improvement. That stems from a lack of discipline, or if not that then it means that Kubiak is far more inept than we give him credit for (unlikely). Properly disciplined teams don't close out the season 2-8. Just sayin'.

Texan Asylum
01-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Can you quantify it?
Qualify it?

Penalties?

Interceptions?

Fumbles?

Disciplined but uninspired comes to mind.

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
EFF the man.

f. Jags retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh

<snip>

See, I look at that and come to an entirely different conclusion.

1. The owners are preparing for a lockout and it's easier and cheaper to just stick with who you've got for now. Why pay multiple coaching staffs and why pay some guy big money to come in and sit around for part of a season?

2. Cowher/Gruden/Parcells/etc. may not be as interested OR as interesting as fans like to think.

Wolf
01-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I heard a rumor that Cowher was looking for a 7-8 million dollar range deal

but it is a rumor

ChampionTexan
01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
and another reason why Bush is gone (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78309&highlight=frank+bush+antonio+smith)

Did you read through that entire thread?

Rey
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't really know how Gary is with his players.

But I think that he is tougher with his guys than a lot of people think.

JMO.

Wolf
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Did you read through that entire thread?

yep, when CnD said he might have missed the first part of it

steelbtexan
01-08-2011, 01:12 PM
See, I look at that and come to an entirely different conclusion.

1. The owners are preparing for a lockout and it's easier and cheaper to just stick with who you've got for now. Why pay multiple coaching staffs and why pay some guy big money to come in and sit around for part of a season?

Because you have a chance to hire one of the best in the business. Gruden or Cowher would automatically be the best HC in Texans history. McNair has made between 700/800 mil off of his investment on the Texans. He could certianly afford to pay 2 coaching staffs and give the Texans fans that have unconditionally supported his crappy product. It would be a way for McNair to say thank you to the fans for all of their support. Instead BoB chose to basically give his loyal fan base the middle finger.

BoB went on the cheap, Thanks BoB.

2. Cowher/Gruden/Parcells/etc. may not be as interested OR as interesting as fans like to think.

Top notch people to run a franchise usually go where the $$$$ and a comittment to winning is. This is why no respectable Parcells/Cowher/Gruden would ever want to hire on to lead the Texans organization. What has BoB ever done that has suggested he has ever truly cared about putting a winning product on the field.

ChampionTexan
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
yep, when CnD said he might have missed the first part of it

And apologized for beginning the thread if what he said was inaccurate (which it was)?

Texecutioner
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM

How many years are you going to spin things for Kubiak Icak? Honestly? I just don't understand this unconditional support you've given him all these years. When I think back over the last few years just about every argument you've made for Kubiak and Rick Smith have been proven wrong at this point. Are you going to wait 10 years to lose the confidence him finally?

As far as softee report, there's 5 plus years to diagnose the guy on. He's never held his players accountable for playing like trash. He's been far to loyal to a fault to his players and his staff and that's exactly why Chris Brown hung around here as long as he did and ruined games, and that's exactly why he stuck with Frank Bush and hired him. To say that owe we heard he chews his players out in the locker room. Well woopity doo!! Every coach in the NFL does that from time to time. He has no control and no strong force that brings the urgency that the majority of this team needs. The lack of focus and discipline since he's been here has been pure evidence of that which can't be disputed at this time period now. His teams still have many of the similar problems they had in year 2 of the Smithiak era and when he does occasionally fix a problem in the next season a huge new one arises that holds this team down. The only players that really seem to go all out all of the time that have gotten better and better in this regime are the self motivated players that hardly need a coach for that and that's far and few between on this team.

houstonspartan
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Bill Cowher has his eyes set on one job, and he is going to wait it until he gets it: Houston.

burro
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Bill Cowher has his eyes set on one job, and he is going to wait it until he gets it: Houston.

I agree until that last word. I would imagine Cowher wants the New York job.

drs23
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Was that via text, tweeter, ect...?

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 06:07 PM
If Bill Cowher was half the coach you guys think he is then why aren't the several NFL teams in need of a coach beating his door down? Oh well, I guess TT knows more than the collective brain-trusts that run the NFL. lol

Mr. White
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
If Bill Cowher was half the coach you guys think he is then why aren't the several NFL teams in need of a coach beating his door down? Oh well, I guess TT knows more than the collective brain-trusts that run the NFL. lol

This looks a lot like what DocBar said in post 17 minus the snark factor. If you'd read through the thread, then you'd see that TT doesn't really seem to be arguing with this point.

infantrycak
01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
How many years are you going to spin things for Kubiak Icak?

I don't consider stating the truth to be spinning. Every report we have had on his locker room demeanor has been that he is much more fiery than on the sideline. I am sorry if everything doesn't fit your agenda of everything about Kubiak must be bad.

Honestly? I just don't understand this unconditional support you've given him all these years.

Yeah, unconditional like when I said make a play for Cowher.

When I think back over the last few years just about every argument you've made for Kubiak and Rick Smith have been proven wrong at this point.

Nice self-serving statement. Name some of them.

GP
01-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Troll.

Maddict5
01-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Troll.

hes right & you have to kinda agree with him. there seems to be little to no interest in cowher (or gruden) for ANY of the HC gigs. if cowher was the be all and end all why isnt anybody giving him a shot??

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Troll.

Perspective's a b***h, huh?

GP
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM

Yeah, McNair knows what he's doing.

That's why we're sitting at home and Pete Caroll and the Seahawks (who aren't "great" but at least found a way to win their division) just beat the defending champs and are in round 2 of the playoffs.

Yeah, the past nine years has been awesome. Wouldn't change a thing.

Do you ever talk football, or is this troll crap all you can do?

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 09:04 PM
hes right & you have to kinda agree with him. there seems to be little to no interest in cowher (or gruden) for ANY of the HC gigs. if cowher was the be all and end all why isnt anybody giving him a shot??

troll :popcorn:

GP
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM

No, it's about how EVERY thing he says is laced with "The people on here are sheep, they can't be reasoned with, 'the status quo' can't be changed here," blah blah blah.

He's THE most disrespectful person here. He came on here, coming on strong with so much thunder, and I tried to tell him "Hey, look. Have your ideas, but stop this crap of slamming everyone in ever single post."

THAT is the definition of a troll: A guy who just wants to irritate people and get a response. Attention whore. Baits people, like what's happening now. I've done a good job of ignoring his crap, but it adds up.

So I gave him the first neg rep I've given in 9 years. Although I might have neg rep'd a Titans troll before too.

Trolls are trolls. It's their gig. I already have one troll on my ignore list, might as well give him some company.

Do a post research on the guy, and look at the consistency of what he posts. It's him exalting himself as being smarter than everyone us...yet you'll rarely see opinions, ideas, dialogue with others, etc.

Most times, he parrots others that he's aligned himself with and then talks shit at the same time. No originality. Just trolling.

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
No, it's about how EVERY thing he says is laced with "The people on here are sheep, they can't be reasoned with, 'the status quo' can't be changed here," blah blah blah.

He's THE most disrespectful person here. He came on here, coming on strong with so much thunder, and I tried to tell him "Hey, look. Have your ideas, but stop this crap of slamming everyone in ever single post."

THAT is the definition of a troll: A guy who just wants to irritate people and get a response. Attention whore. Baits people, like what's happening now. I've done a good job of ignoring his crap, but it adds up.

So I gave him the first neg rep I've given in 9 years. Although I might have neg rep'd a Titans troll before too.

Trolls are trolls. It's their gig. I already have one troll on my ignore list, might as well give him some company.

Do a post research on the guy, and look at the consistency of what he posts. It's him exalting himself as being smarter than everyone us...yet you'll rarely see opinions, ideas, dialogue with others, etc.

Most times, he parrots others that he's aligned himself with and then talks shit at the same time. No originality. Just trolling.

Awww diddums. Listen, the only people exhalting themselves as more informed on this board are you and your sycophants. I don't care if you don't agree with me, it's simply a bit of perspective which doesn't fit into your carefully crafted schema that you can't seem to handle, which I guess is to be expected.

But don't allow me to interrupt the "football talk" going on here - please do continue :rolleyes:

GP
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
troll :popcorn:

Nope. I get along with Maddict. You can ask him yourself.

Your problem is that you are new here, and you are trying too hard to fit in.

Most people let it come naturally, you're forcing it. And the label you're earning yourself is the label you deserve.

I listed several original thoughts, whether those are right or wrong is not the issue, you don't DIALOGUE with people. You just talk shit. Period.

And it pisses me off. Quit parroting others, claiming their thoughts as your own, and then lighting up your flame-thrower. Some people on here, I don't agree with 'em and we'l have a back-and-forth and even get nasty sometimes.

I have YET to enter into any substantial dialogue with you at all. And for that, I gotta' call it like I see it. Remember the time I listed out some talking points and then I said "OK, McCoy. I DARE you to respond to my post and to enter into dialogue"? LOL. You didn't. Because it's no fun for you. Your only schtick is the gig of talking shit.

You're one-dimensional. I believe in throwing jabs and barbs at each other on here, I'm not saying you can't do that. Hell, I do that a lot. But I am very consistent to level it out and have lots of dialogue with people.

You just slam people here. It's amazing to me. It really is.

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Nope. I get along with Maddict. You can ask him yourself.

Your problem is that you are new here, and you are trying too hard to fit in.

Most people let it come naturally, you're forcing it. And the label you're earning yourself is the label you deserve.

I listed several original thoughts, whether those are right or wrong is not the issue, you don't DIALOGUE with people. You just talk shit. Period.

And it pisses me off. Quit parroting others, claiming their thoughts as your own, and then lighting up your flame-thrower. Some people on here, I don't agree with 'em and we'l have a back-and-forth and even get nasty sometimes.

I have YET to enter into any substantial dialogue with you at all. And for that, I gotta' call it like I see it. Remember the time I listed out some talking points and then I said "OK, McCoy. I DARE you to respond to my post and to enter into dialogue"? LOL. You didn't. Because it's no fun for you. Your only schtick is the gig of talking shit.

You're one-dimensional. I believe in throwing jabs and barbs at each other on here, I'm not saying you can't do that. Hell, I do that a lot. But I am very consistent to level it out and have lots of dialogue with people.

You just slam people here. It's amazing to me. It really is.

Trying to hard to fit in? Yet trolling, seriously buddy, listen to yourself...

You're right there's no point in entering dialogue with a no-hoper. You know what they say, about never arguing with an *****, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. Here's a little advice son, don't take yourself so seriously

GP
01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Awww diddums. Listen, the only people exhalting themselves as more informed on this board are you and your sycophants. I don't care if you don't agree with me, it's simply a bit of perspective which doesn't fit into your carefully crafted schema that you can't seem to handle, which I guess is to be expected.

See? You label people here as being "sycophants"!!!!

No substance. At all.

You have a label of people here, and you are but a resounding gong and a clanging cymbal. I know where Thunderkyss stands, I know where Carr Bombed stands, I know where Porky stands, I know where Lucky stands, and DoubleBarrell, and FirstTexansFan, and Pollardized, and I'cak, and Thorn, and rey, and SecondHoneymoon, and DutchRudder, and Malloy, and NitroHonda, and on and on and on. I know their stances. I know their reasonings. Because they DIALOGUE about them.

But you? Al I know is that you are the guy who talks shit and doesn't add to the conversation. And you call US the "sycophants?" And you use the "Perspective is a *****?" card?

OK.

Whatever.

I think you see where I am coming from. You're one-dimensional. I even have the ability to list NINE things Kubiak does right, because truth is truth and there's no denying what he has done well. If you weren't roaming around looking for how you can just use one-line zingers, you'd be able to admit that I do indeed bring a lot to the table.

If you think I am lying, ask people on here to tell you about me. Even the ones who might not like my stance on things will tell you that I will enter in dialogue with them and there will be a level of reciprocation between me and others.

This is my last one to you. If you want to start a poll and have people ask to verify what I am saying, go ahead. Do it. Because I know the answer in advance.

I won't have to worry about this anymore. Ignore list is available and I know the mods are going to tell me to use it. So I will. Problem solved, for me.

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
If you think I am lying, ask people on here to tell you about me.

I don't need to ask anyone about you. ****s tend to stand out in a crowd.

Lucky
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
It takes two to tango. It could be that the jobs Cowher had interest in (Giants, Bears, Texans) never opened up. That's not his fault or a reflection on his coaching acumen. The Bears became winners this year, Coughlin did enough to keep his job.

Why didn't the Texans give Cowher a shot? Because the owner is still an incompetent newbie. Because the owner is a cheapskate. Because the owner is soft and lacks the passion to win. Take your pick.

Lucky
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
This is Gary Kubiak's thread. Let's keep it about Gary and what directly or indirectly pertains to him.

Wolf
01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
he is what he is, he even answered this question on (on if he is too soft and not vocal) one of the last press conferences

http://http://torotimes.com/files/2009/12/Kubiak-7870151-300x215.jpg

Maddict5
01-08-2011, 10:00 PM

tbh i think its us 'uber fans' that get way more 'sheeple' tags so i wont feel too sorry for the soapers in that regard yet! ;)

i agree- the way he posts is a bit inflammatory at times but if you dont think they're are soapers that post in the exact (or worse) same way, you havent been reading the posts very closely

listen i have no problem with ppl that THINK kubiak will never be a good HC etc. i dont agree with them because like you said kubiak, while far from perfect, does do alot of good (tangible) coaching imo (since its generally accepted by all hes basically the OC). his intangibles are questionable to this pt but imo intangibles are overrated. if the D play well next year and we win a load of games, will his intangibles suddenly get better or is it just talent & coaching on the defensive side catches up with the offence??

my problem is that the majority of the soapers act like they KNOW kubiak will fail next yr and therefore the only way we do well is a 'blind squirrel' situation which i think is ridiculous. its the same way they KNOW bob is a cheapskate/goober/loser. its incomprehendible to them that he believed in a coach who has done good things with his speciality side of the ball & pairs him with an equally good defensive mind

It takes two to tango. It could be that the jobs Cowher had interest in (Giants, Bears, Texans) never opened up. That's not his fault or a reflection on his coaching acumen. The Bears became winners this year, Coughlin did enough to keep his job.

agreed.. but what about the dolphins (rumoured to be on his 'job' list)? they didnt go after him. they went hard after an expensive college HC instead. same with SF. hes not even being linked or interviewed by any of the teams looking for a HC. why not even try it if hes such a great coach and none of his rumoured dream jobs are available?

Lucky
01-09-2011, 01:58 AM
why not even try it if hes such a great coach...
If? Cowher ranks among the top 20 coaches all time in wins, games over .500, playoff seasons, and playoff games won. How can you qualify all that with an "if"?

Matt Schaub's a pretty good, solid QB. But, what if you had the chance to get a Manning, Brady, or Brees? You'd have to say, "Sorry, Matt. It's been nice knowing ya." As a head coach, Kubiak is closer to a David Carr than a Matt Schaub. It's a no-brainer to replace him with a proven winner. I don't know how much $$$ Cowher was asking for, and it's not (directly) my $$$. But if I'm Bob McNair, and it's my burning passion to own a championship football team, Gary Kubiak has already cleaned out his office and Bill Cowher has called in the decorators.

But hey, the Keep Kubiak club got their wish. I hope they're right, and the next sucker...er, defensive coordinator gets the job done. And Kubiak magically learns how to be a head coach, rather than the head coach of the offense. He probably is a nice guy, and it's great when good things happen to good people. But if he does somehow get this team into the playoffs in his 6th season, that doesn't make him a good coach. One out of six is still a piss poor record.

houstonspartan
01-09-2011, 02:39 AM
my problem is that the majority of the soapers act like they KNOW kubiak will fail next yr and therefore the only way we do well is a 'blind squirrel' situation which i think is ridiculous. its the same way they KNOW bob is a cheapskate/goober/loser. its incomprehendible to them that he believed in a coach who has done good things with his speciality side of the ball & pairs him with an equally good defensive mind

Lol. Dude, no one KNOWS anything for sure. None of us claim to be Nostradamus.

However, Gary Kubiak is a predictable coach. I predicted 7-9 before the season started, while a lot of people were thinking playoffs. It wasn't that hard of a prediction to make.

For example, all of the AFC South teams are keeping their coaches. Know that what means? It means we're f----d. Why? Because Jim Caldwell, Jack DelRio and Jeff Fisher has Kubiak's number. They know how he is, and how he thinks and what his weaknesses are. They know that he's going to be so focused on play calling that he'll forget things like challenges.

I can tell you right now, 2011 will bring roughly four losses in our division.

This ain't brain surgery.

Grams
01-09-2011, 07:56 AM

How do you know they arn't?
How do you know if several teams have called his agent and asked to set up a meeting and been told Cowher was not interested?

ObsiWan
01-09-2011, 08:06 AM
How do you know they arn't?
How do you know if several teams have called his agent and asked to set up a meeting and been told Cowher was not interested?
Well, that's the part that befuddles me. If he still has the love and the fire for coaching, why wouldn't he be interested in any open job? ...okay, maybe except for working for Crazy Al in Oakland. If Cowher is still up for the challenge, why wouldn't any open spot be appealing to him?? I don't get that.

Dishman
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Does Kubiak still get anxious when the Texans attempt a FG, does he still turn away from the view of the kick ? His behavior in those situations always
gave me angst.

And because of things like this, I really don't think he's all that much of a leader. Is that how a leader should behave in those types of game situations?

thunderkyss
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Because you have a chance to hire one of the best in the business. Gruden or Cowher would automatically be the best HC in Texans history. McNair has made between 700/800 mil off of his investment on the Texans. He could certianly afford to pay 2 coaching staffs and give the Texans fans that have unconditionally supported his crappy product. It would be a way for McNair to say thank you to the fans for all of their support. Instead BoB chose to basically give his loyal fan base the middle finger.

BoB went on the cheap, Thanks BoB.

Top notch people to run a franchise usually go where the $$$$ and a comittment to winning is. This is why no respectable Parcells/Cowher/Gruden would ever want to hire on to lead the Texans organization. What has BoB ever done that has suggested he has ever truly cared about putting a winning product on the field.

If Cowher is truly one of the best in the business, why does he have so many stipulations? Must have a good team, he must have complete control, he must have $7+ million dollars, it must be 1 of three places?

If he's that good, what's wrong with Detroit? Or Buffalo, he turned down Buffalo last year, & they were willing to give him everything he asked for. With control of player personnel, he would be one year closer to his "dream team."

Then Gruden. They had one magical year, then nothing but turmoil. & you put him in that group?

thunderkyss
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM

I don't consider myself to be a soaper...... I'm probably more in the "5 years? REallY??" club.

When we look at a drafted player, three years after he was drafted, we say..... he is what he is. We know after three years, if he's going to be a star in this league (those are the guys we want, the guys worth keeping at all costs), a decent starter, depth, or extra weight.

In your opinion, 5 years later, where do you rank Kubiak?
1) is he a star? is he going to take us to the promised land?
2) is he a decent starter? Can he get us multiple winning seasons?
3) is he depth? Should he go back to a coordinator role?
4) is he extra weight? Is he here simply because of a poorly thought out contract?

DexmanC
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't consider myself to be a soaper...... I'm probably more in the "5 years? REallY??" club.

When we look at a drafted player, three years after he was drafted, we say..... he is what he is. We know after three years, if he's going to be a star in this league (those are the guys we want, the guys worth keeping at all costs), a decent starter, depth, or extra weight.

1) is he a star? is he going to take us to the promised land?
2) is he a decent starter? Can he get us multiple winning seasons?
4) is he extra weight? Is he here simply because of a poorly thought out contract?

I'll take a shot:

1) Hell naw, and nope.
2) Hell naw, and nope.
3) Hell naw, and nope.
4) Hell yeah, and yep.

Lucky
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
If Cowher is still up for the challenge, why wouldn't any open spot be appealing to him?? I don't get that.

If he's that good, what's wrong with Detroit? Or Buffalo...?

These are bogus arguments. Cowher's a free agent who already has a good job. He knows what a good organization looks like. He is free to find the right place for what will assuredly be his last coaching gig. Unlike Gary Kubiak in 2006, Cowher is not obliged to take any job and tell the owner he can win with a David Carr. Gary Kubiak was wrong. He can't win with or without a David Carr.
I don't consider myself to be a soaper......
No, I don't think anyone would describe you as "a soaper".

Bingo.

steelbtexan
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
If Cowher is truly one of the best in the business, why does he have so many stipulations? Must have a good team, he must have complete control, he must have $7+ million dollars, it must be 1 of three places?

If he's that good, what's wrong with Detroit? Or Buffalo, he turned down Buffalo last year, & they were willing to give him everything he asked for. With control of player personnel, he would be one year closer to his "dream team."

Then Gruden. They had one magical year, then nothing but turmoil. & you put him in that group?

Gruden and Cowher know what it takes to have a successful organization. They already have great TV gigs.

Since they are FA's. They would be crazy to take on a total rebuilding job. The Texans are an attractive HC position because they havean established QB, the best WR in the game, a good RB situation and the OL while not grat isn't bad.

A guy like Cowher/Gruden knows that the defense can be rebuilt quickly and with better coaching and adding to the talent that's already here they can make a run in the playoffs within 2 yrs.

The same cant be said of the Buffalo,Bengals,Denvers etc.... of the world.

The Pencil Neck
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
And because of things like this, I really don't think he's all that much of a leader. Is that how a leader should behave in those types of game situations?

To me, that's his own little superstition. Most of us, if not all of us, have things that we do during the game trying to get the outcome to go our way when we have absolutely no control over it. We have lucky shirts, lucky breakfasts, don't shave, etc. To me, this is Kubiak's little ritual for getting the kick to go through.

I've got no problem with that. If he wants to turn and look the other way, that's cool.

Double Barrel
01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, that's the part that befuddles me. If he still has the love and the fire for coaching, why wouldn't he be interested in any open job? ...okay, maybe except for working for Crazy Al in Oakland. If Cowher is still up for the challenge, why wouldn't any open spot be appealing to him?? I don't get that.

Why would Tom Brady hook up with a super mode instead of just taking any woman that comes along?

Simple answer: because he can. :shades:

Brian Billick said it best on The Coach's Show last week. He said that he would get back into coaching if the situation was right for him. He's been offered gigs year after year, but he's got a ring and now gets to be picky about where he would coach. He's looking for specifics: the owner, a proven QB, talent already on the team, front office personnel, etc.

I don't see why Cowher (or Chuckie) would be any different.

It's Occam's razor. The simplest answer is probably the correct answer. These guys are not hungry coordinators trying to make names for themselves. They are SUPER BOWL WINNING head coaches, and in the history of the NFL, there's not many of them, much less ones that aren't fully retired, dead, or already coaching a current team.

---------------------------

With regards to the thread's topic: who gives a shit? Really, being firey or being niiiiiiiiice is irrelevant. What matters is results at the end of the day.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
It's Occam's razor. The simplest answer is probably the correct answer. These guys are not hungry coordinators trying to make names for themselves. They are SUPER BOWL WINNING head coaches, and in the history of the NFL, there's not many of them, much less ones that aren't fully retired, dead, or already coaching a current team.

And this is a big reason why you don't want to hire one of these guys. They never come back to coaching and win another Super Bowl.

Sure, they're great coaches. But they don't have the same desire and determination.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you've got to hire either a coach who had gotten to the SB and lost, or had been moderately successful but never gotten to the big one with another team, OR some hot shot coordinator.

Double Barrel
01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
And this is a big reason why you don't want to hire one of these guys. They never come back to coaching and win another Super Bowl.

Sure, they're great coaches. But they don't have the same desire and determination.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you've got to hire either a coach who had gotten to the SB and lost, or had been moderately successful but never gotten to the big one with another team, OR some hot shot coordinator.

That's a solid point, but, there have been lots of Super Bowl winning coaches that not only got their next teams to the playoffs, but also to more Super Bowls. They just didn't win the big game again.

thunderkyss
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM

We're in the walk before you can crawl club. Super Bowls & everything is awesome.... but if we can't beat the good teams, we don't stand a chance.

We should be at that stage already..... The Jets weren't there last year, they're there this year. The Ravens weren't there in 2008, but that's who they were last year & that's who they are this year.

The Colts are falling out of that level....

Winning isn't even an expectation yet here. While I don't like Gruden, or Cowher (because IMHO they've both shown to have team management issues) I think they would help us build a winning mindset.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
That's a solid point, but, there have been lots of Super Bowl winning coaches that not only got their next teams to the playoffs, but also to more Super Bowls. They just didn't win the big game again.

Lots?

2 got back to the SB with another team: Holmgren (after years and years) and Parcells.

Lombardi -- Went to the Redskins for 1 year and did not make the playoffs. Granted, he got cancer and died.

Hank Stram - Went to the Saints and sucked.

Don McCafferty - Went to the Lions and sucked.

Tom Flores - Went to the Seahawks and sucked.

Joe Gibbs - A bit special. He came back to the same team and took them to the playoffs twice in 4 years.

Mike Ditka - Went to the Saints and sucked.

Bill Parcells - Been to 3 other teams, coached 11 years, and went to the playoffs 5 times, won 1 AFC championship.

George Seifert - (Who won 2 SBs) Went to the Panthers and pretty much sucked. At least he had one non-losing season.

Jimmy Johnson - Went to Miami and did well. But no Super Bowls.

Mike Holmgren - Although he had a streak of 4 years out of the playoffs, he went to the playoffs his first year with the Seahawks and then had a string of 5 years in the playoffs with 1 SB appearance.

Mike Shanahan - Jury still out but not looking great in Washington.

Dick Vermiel - in 5 seasons with the Chiefs, he went to the playoffs 1 time.

I think that covers it. Out of 12 SB winning coaches that went to another team: 6 sucked, 3 had a little success (although nothing super special), 2 came pretty damned close, and 1 is yet to be determined.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Winning isn't even an expectation yet here. While I don't like Gruden, or Cowher (because IMHO they've both shown to have team management issues) I think they would help us build a winning mindset.

I'm sure the Saints fans thought the same thing about Ditka and the Panthers fans thought the same thing about Seifert.

Double Barrel
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Lots?

2 got back to the SB with another team: Holmgren (after years and years) and Parcells.

Lombardi -- Went to the Redskins for 1 year and did not make the playoffs. Granted, he got cancer and died.

Hank Stram - Went to the Saints and sucked.

Don McCafferty - Went to the Lions and sucked.

Tom Flores - Went to the Seahawks and sucked.

Joe Gibbs - A bit special. He came back to the same team and took them to the playoffs twice in 4 years.

Mike Ditka - Went to the Saints and sucked.

Bill Parcells - Been to 3 other teams, coached 11 years, and went to the playoffs 5 times, won 1 AFC championship.

George Seifert - (Who won 2 SBs) Went to the Panthers and pretty much sucked. At least he had one non-losing season.

Jimmy Johnson - Went to Miami and did well. But no Super Bowls.

Mike Holmgren - Although he had a streak of 4 years out of the playoffs, he went to the playoffs his first year with the Seahawks and then had a string of 5 years in the playoffs with 1 SB appearance.

Mike Shanahan - Jury still out but not looking great in Washington.

Dick Vermiel - in 5 seasons with the Chiefs, he went to the playoffs 1 time.

I think that covers it. Out of 12 SB winning coaches that went to another team: 6 sucked, 3 had a little success (although nothing super special), 2 came pretty damned close, and 1 is yet to be determined.

Very interesting, man. :hmmm:

My perception has obviously been far from reality! Not the first time that has happened, but usually it involves the abuse of substances. :D

Thanks for the heads up correction. Holmgren and Parcells are the two that come to mind, but I never gave it much more thought beyond them. I shall revise my thinking about that point.

But I still want Cowher. :shades:

TEXANS84
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Just sat and talked with an NFL player that used to play for Kubiak.

I asked him this same question. He said "yes, Kubes is a great person to play for...he'll talk to you and try to make things work".

I then asked if he ever saw Kubiak mad. "No, no not really....you could tell when he would get frustrated...he'd take you over and ask you a bunch of questions until you got it wrong...and then would drill you until you answered with the correct one. He was more of a teacher in that aspect, but definitley someone you'd want to always play for".

Hope that helps...

thunderkyss
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm sure the Saints fans thought the same thing about Ditka and the Panthers fans thought the same thing about Seifert.

Well, the Saints were working on 30 years of anonymity, & years behind Jim Mora who very quickly got another HC job, in Indy.

I don't recall the Panthers ever getting so low for so long.

But good point.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, the Saints were working on 30 years of anonymity, & years behind Jim Mora who very quickly got another HC job, in Indy.

I don't recall the Panthers ever getting so low for so long.

But good point.

The thing is, with the Panthers, Capers led them to a 4-12 season in their 4th year after getting to the NFC Championship game in their second season.

Seifert took over in the Panthers' 5th season and immediately got them to 8-8.

The Panther fans were probably psyched. They had a coach who had won 2 SBs coaching them and were on their way back up.

Then it was 7-9. And then it was 1-15. And then came John Fox.

Mr. White
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Just sat and talked with an NFL player that used to play for Kubiak.

I asked him this same question. He said "yes, Kubes is a great person to play for...he'll talk to you and try to make things work".

I then asked if he ever saw Kubiak mad. "No, no not really....you could tell when he would get frustrated...he'd take you over and ask you a bunch of questions until you got it wrong...and then would drill you until you answered with the correct one. He was more of a teacher in that aspect, but definitley someone you'd want to always play for".

Hope that helps...

Thanks for posting this. This is pretty good insight.

Just out of curiosity....which side of the ball did he play on?

TEXANS84
01-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting this. This is pretty good insight.

Just out of curiosity....which side of the ball did he play on?

Offense/Runningback...Denver

Mr. White
01-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Offense/Runningback...Denver

Sounds about right.

Sounds like Richard Smith and Frank Bush had more say than what we thought on defense. I haven't heard anything yet that tells me that Kubiak has had much involvement on that side of the ball.

Not saying it's a bad thing. If that's the way he runs the team, then it's a good thing that Wade's on board now.

TexanSam
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-01-12/iomJiiBvtshrEanzhdrEHiqIAdBJtjBFhpFzqEcjfvhCaEIaaf hEhqxJslrE/kubiak_by-the-numbers.png.scaled1000.png

JB
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
:kubepalm:

Double Barrel
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
wow...crazy that somebody took the time to create such a professional presentation of incompetence.

I'm done ranting or even giving a crap, though. Yeah, I'm a Texans fan and nothing will ever change that, and I can only hope for the best in 2011. But, to be quite honest, I no longer expect or demand it.

"It's just entertainment" should be a Texans motto, and that's the way that I'm going to treat it. :)

False Start
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Just for fun, I'm over the whole thing, and actually looking forward to seeing what will happen.... again. :texflag: .... :gun:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5309/shidkubessayscopy.png

Mr. White
01-12-2011, 11:15 PM
wow...crazy that somebody took the time to create such a professional presentation of incompetence.

That's some damn good graphic design.