PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins decide to keep Sparano

ChampionTexan
01-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Per Jay Glazer via twitter

LINK (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/status/23225623656800256)

Jackie Chiles
01-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Awkward.....

Carr Bombed
01-06-2011, 11:56 PM
LOL, they didn't decide to keep Sparano...Harbaugh chose not to go there. What a awkward situation.

gg no re
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
You know what the next step is... they trade Sparano for Kyle Orton.

Hookem Horns
01-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I am really starting to think the CBA is keeping a lot of these guys employed. There have been too many coaches that should have been fired not fired this season. Also the teams that fired guys during the season have retained their interim guys.

We thought a lot of teams would need to hire new coaches however which teams are looking to hire now?

Cleveland
Carolina

Anyone else?

J_R
01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Broncos
Browns
49ers
Panthers
Raiders

houstonspartan
01-07-2011, 01:14 AM
The way the Dolphins handled this was beyond classless.

Yes, it's true that the Texans were likely behind the scenes talking to Wade, but at the very least, they waited until they fired the guy until they admitted it openly. The Dolpins were OPENLY recruiting other coaches while still having the current coach employed.

They should have flat out fired the guy. Or, at the very least, given him a "one more year" ultimatium."

So now, Sporano stays, but they have totally undermined his authority and decision-making.

Classless.

Dutchrudder
01-07-2011, 02:15 AM
The way the Dolphins handled this was beyond classless.

Yes, it's true that the Texans were likely behind the scenes talking to Wade, but at the very least, they waited until they fired the guy until they admitted it openly. The Dolpins were OPENLY recruiting other coaches while still having the current coach employed.

They should have flat out fired the guy. Or, at the very least, given him a "one more year" ultimatium."

So now, Sporano stays, but they have totally undermined his authority and decision-making.

Classless.

So they should have fired Sparano, gone after Harbaugh unsuccessfully, and then been left with nothing and paying off Sparano's contract? I don't think that's a smart business decision.

I get where you're coming from, but Sparano can resign if he feels shafted. He's only staying with the Dolphins if he wants to do so.

houstonspartan
01-07-2011, 02:32 AM
So they should have fired Sparano, gone after Harbaugh unsuccessfully, and then been left with nothing and paying off Sparano's contract? I don't think that's a smart business decision.

I get where you're coming from, but Sparano can resign if he feels shafted. He's only staying with the Dolphins if he wants to do so.

Are you serious? The man would have voided his contract had he quit, and leaving millions of dollars on the table. More importantly, he would come off as a quitter, and would have a very hard time getting another head coaching job. Those two reasons are why you rarely see coaches quit.

And, yes, they should have fired Sporano, and gone after Harbaugh, and let the chips fall. If they didn't get Harbaugh, they would have had to hire another coach. They don't like Sparano anyway, so what difference would it have made?

If they were smart, they would have had very DISCRETE, backroom conversations with these coaches. It happens in sports and in business all the time. Instead, they chose to openly recruit, and sent a freaking calvary out to go after these coaches.

Sorry, but I disagree. This was a LOUSY business decision. One of the worst ever by a sports franchise.

HoustonFrog
01-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Sparano should have walked out. They basically neutered him with that fiasco.

gtexan02
01-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Carolina has not shot at Luck
Dolphins are sticking with their HC
Giants are sticking with their HC

Texans would have been shoe ins for Cowher

sakebomb
01-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Sparano should have walked out. They basically neutered him with that fiasco.

Yes he's neutered but he's still getting paid.