PDA

View Full Version : "Young wanted in Houston" ????

Grams
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
"Vince Young is wanted in Houston
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 6, 2011, 4:26 PM EST
Well, we suppose it was inevitable. Someone has penned an article saying the Texans should sign Vince Young, the hometown kid.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle did the honors, writing the Texans should pursue Young as a backup. (This assumes Young is released, as expected.) Justice then chastises the Texans for being “uninteresting” and wanting to paint the town “beige.” He wants buzz.

The argument almost makes sense in a world where Young would have to accept a clear backup role. He doesn’t.

Young has warts, but he’s not without value. He’s won consistently and his stats are impressive. He’s thrown 20 touchdowns to 10 interceptions over the last two years. He averaged 8 yards-per-attempt and had a 98 quarterback rating in 2010.

Young has major leadership and maturity questions to answer. Of course. That’s why he’s available and won’t get a monster contract.

Despite that, Young could upgrade the quarterback position on a lot of teams. He shouldn’t have to settle for a clear backup role. Let Matt Leinart do that."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/06/vince-young-is-wanted-in-houston/

If he is signed by the Texans, I will turn in my fan card.

Blake
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
In the immortal words of VY after the first Rose Bowl victory. "Ill be baaaaack"

Drew_Smoke
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
We need no tumors on this team.

Drew_Smoke
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Pick one....

Dutchrudder
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Skip Bayless is to ESPN as Richard Justice is to the Houston Chronicle.

^ from the other thread... It's kind of sad people can earn a living just by 'stirring the pot'.

Dutchrudder
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Where is the '**** NO!' option?

Norg
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Butt we do need some winners

b0ng
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Where's the "No. **** You" button? That's the one I would've pressed.

Norg
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure would be a goodbackup if matty goes down

burro
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
http://angels.ocregister.com/files/2010/11/noooooo.gif

stingray
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Butt we do need some winners

But not Wieners....:hobie:

The1ApplePie
01-06-2011, 03:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If I were the Jags, I would be trading for him right now though. Get back some of that lost Tebow money by selling VY jersies and getting games broadcast in Austin

michaelm
01-06-2011, 03:49 PM
A they say, this is tooooo delicious... in a soap opera kind of way.

Don't you all have a sinking feeling that this will actually happen?

It's too freaking perfect not to, just like the touchdown he scored to win the first game he played in Reliant.

It's almost like... destiny.

Thorn
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
The only time I ever want to see Vince Young near a Texans uniform is when he is under a pile of Texans defensive players.

Esoom
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
If the Texans sign VY, I will personally hunt down everyone responsible for it, lock them in a room with a shirtless VY and let the tequila flow.

Ole Miss Texan
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Guys to be completely honest, if Schaub were to go down in a game I think VY would give us a better opportunity to win than either Dan-O or Leinart.

With that said, I'll completely understand if the the Texans don't want to sign a guy who recently told his Head Coach "I'm not walking out on them (teammates), I'm walking out on you."

If he matures, grows up, and separates from his yes-men posse then it could be a good thing. Otherwise, VY is just another physically talented dumbass.

michaelm
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I think I'll abstain from voting.

I'm a Longhorn fan, but I never thought VY would be a good QB. He has well publicized issues, and would instantly have the VY fanboys crying for him to start.

The only problem is that he is a much better backup than Dano or Lienart. If Schaub went down for any length of time, from a purely on-field perspective, I'd rather have him than the two "QBs" we have as backups now...

MojoX
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Depends on Young.

I see him as a scorched-earth talent. Sure he is exciting and will win you games, but look at the damage he does in the process. Having him on the field of play is nice, but you also have to deal with his Wonderlick-iness off the field.

Now if the light is on...

Norg
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Who are we kidding this is the good ol boy team no way we are signing him he will prob go to cincy or the Seahawks or somethin

Ole Miss Texan
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Who are we kidding this is the good ol boy team no way we are signing him he will prob go to cincy or the Seahawks or somethin

LOL I love all the slight to Kubiak & Co. these days. Honestly, the decision to pick VY up or not has little to do with us and more to do with VY. He's his own worst enemy and will be the reason why teams pass on him.

b0ng
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Vince Young only plays well in Houston. The Texans play home games in Houston. . . wheels turning. . .

championship.

Showtime100
01-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Guys to be completely honest, if Schaub were to go down in a game I think VY would give us a better opportunity to win than either Dan-O or Leinart.

With that said, I'll completely understand if the the Texans don't want to sign a guy who recently told his Head Coach "I'm not walking out on them (teammates), I'm walking out on you."

If he matures, grows up, and separates from his yes-men posse then it could be a good thing. Otherwise, VY is just another physically talented dumbass.

OMT, with all respect due to my enjoyment of most all your posts, I don't buy into the "if he grows up" scenario anymore much as I don't buy into the "expansion" label some still insist on giving the Texans.

The "talented dumbass" scenario is where I'm at at this point. :D

I see this as a lose-lose for the Texans however. At least in the short-term. (See Mario getting drafted). If we pass the sniffers will vilify us, at least more now. If we take him we have VY on the team, not a popular choice either.

I say we plant a kilo of cocaine on him and forget about the whole thing. :D

Hervoyel
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Vince Young is a head case. He belongs in Oakland really if you think about it. He's what Al Davis was looking for when he tried to resurrect Jason Campbell and drafted JaFatty Russell.

But Young doesn't belong in Houston. Not really. I think it would be kind of funny if the Texans brought him in..... Funny "scary" or funny "strange". Not funny "Ha Ha".

Imatexanfan
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Look as talent VY is spectacular, but as a man, he is indeed a headcase in need of intense counseling. This poses a potential problem when leading a team. All that said, there are currently only about 10 guys on the planet earth who are successful NFL QBs. He still has a shot at being elite, with the right people around him. I seriously think Kubiak would be the perfect candidate for the job. You can talk crap, give me negative rep, delete my posts and kick me off again but the guy WINS GAMES...always has and always will...:pissed:

Brisco_County
01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Take this from a Longhorn who once considered Vince a hero: Anyone who thinks Vince should replace Schaub either doesn't fully comprehend the way the game is played in this league, or he's a member of the media who is intentionally trying to separate himself from his peers.

Those two distinctions pretty much describe fanboys, Skip Bayless, and Richard Justice.

In this league, the quarterback is the offensive coordinator on the field. Someone who scored a 6, then a 16 on the Wonderlic isn't who you want in that role. Someone who prefers to abide by his emotions rather than coaching is not who you want in that role.

Good luck to Vince, though. I hope he lands on his feet.

J_R
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/j_reyes091/vince-young-facepalm4-1.jpg?t=1294352054

Honoring Earl 34
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Screw it , VY would buy Bob a couple of years with Kubiak . I'd say it's a done deal right behind Wade .

Malloy
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
But not Wieners....:hobie:

Or butt

Dutchrudder
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Why isn't this a public poll? Are we not allowed to tar and feather the people who chose 'yes'?

texansdrummer
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
"If he grows up?"

He's 28....how much older do you think he should be before he's just considered to be an *****?

No VY, No thanks

markn
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Talk about emotional roller-coaster reading this... "Young wanted in Houston" Noooooooooo!!! (Heart rate 130, BP 180/90...) "By Richard Justice".... and relax.

Imatexanfan
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Why isn't this a public poll? Are we not allowed to tar and feather the people who chose 'yes'?

I picked yes and don't give a shit cuz the guy's a winner. He wins period...

texansdrummer
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
You can't say "i d i o t" here? Really?

Hookem Horns
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
If I were a season ticket holder I would be praying for the Texans to sign him. Even with him on the sidelines the exposure and popularity of the team would skyrocket in this state. Let's face it, it's at an all-time low right now.

Showtime100
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
If I were a season ticket holder I would be praying for the Texans to sign him. Even with him on the sidelines the exposure and popularity of the team would skyrocket in this state. Let's face it, it's at an all-time low right now.

Plus my anxiety borne from getting the game here would all but vanish. :doot:

ESAD2-14
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Just think how it will be if Cleveland signs him.
:spin:

False Start
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
It would be a sad day in Texans history for me personally. I think I would puke. :headhurts:

texansdrummer
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM

I'd prefer that they win quite a few more games next season. I think people would respond to that FAR more favorably than watching VY on the sideline. I get that you're a UT fan, but which would get you more excited about the Texans - winning enough games to make the playoffs or seeing your guy ride pine?

Mr. White
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I guess it's an idea worth entertaining, but there's no way that I would want him in this town as a backup.

This would cause a QB controversy to say the least. Reliant would become a war zone. Every time Schaub would throw an INT, there would be rioting to put VY in. No way Schaub could get a fair shake with VY on the sideline.

Anyone remember the time period between January and April of 2006? When every post was about David Carr, Vince Young and Reggie Bush? When every sports radio phone call was about David Carr, Vince Young and Reggie Bush? Anyone remember how much drama that caused? It would be like that the whole time Vince is under contract.

The only way I would want him here is as a starter when Schaub's done here. And that's only if he got his head straight.

Hookem Horns
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I'd prefer that they win quite a few more games next season. I think people would respond to that FAR more favorably than watching VY on the sideline. I get that you're a UT fan, but which would get you more excited about the Texans - winning enough games to make the playoffs or seeing your guy ride pine?

First off all I root for uniforms not players. VY is not my guy unless he plays for the Texans or Giants. However it is nice that I don't have to hate on him anymore.

Obviously winning is the only solution however since that is not going to happen since McNair decided to sit on his hands it would bring some excitement to the team.

Dutchrudder
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I picked yes and don't give a shit cuz the guy's a winner. He wins period...

except in the playoffs...

:)

I was kidding in my other post, but I don't believe Young will even be considered by this team. This town had a lot of issues in 2008 when Schaub and Rosenfels both had their crowds fighting over which one of them should start. Eventually Schaub won, but it wasn't good for the team and with Vince, it would be even worse. In 2006, choosing Vince would have made sense to build the fanbase, make the name/logo more nationally recognized and maybe win some games with him, but in 2011 it's would not be nearly as effective. We don't need a QB controversy right now, we already have enough issues to deal with.

HJam72
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Maybe some day...

Right now, it's a HORRIBLE idea. He needs to do a LOT of growing up and McNair won't go for a guy like that anyway.

Rasputin
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't ****ing stand Richard Justice. He's the armpit of Houston journalism (such as it is). He doesn't believe 90% of what he writes. Just tries to get web hits writing controversial ****. His opinion is not important....move along.

TEXANRED
01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
My hate for Vince is gone now that he is no longer a Titan.

Bring'em in. Maybe Kubes can turn him around and get a draft pick or two out of him.

FirstTexansFan
01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
As anyone who knows my history (And God knows all the neg rep I received at the time), I was a strong anti-Vince guy in '06. But, I would probably be ok with the signing. He's always had potential, it was the posse and attitude (immaturity) I was against then, and now. I think if Vince had the right guidance, learn to be a pocket passer, and save the 'tude for his opponents, he could develop, and who better to develop than the supposed "quarterback guru", Gary Kubiak? :)

Playoffs
01-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Good coaches get rid of locker room poison like VY, they don't hire them.

Buffi2
01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Not only no but hayull no. I have remained a staunch fan thru losing seasons, sporadic playing, worst defense in the league, HWSNBN, Casserly, Capers etc.

Vince coming here would force me to put all Texan gear in a basement and become a Saints fan.

Ryan
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
If we made this dumbass decision to sign VY, the very first incomplete throw Schaub makes next season we'll start hearing VY chants. Not just no, but hell no.

GP
01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Guys to be completely honest, if Schaub were to go down on VY it would give us a better opportunity to win than either Dan-O or Leinart.

If he matures and separates his physical ass, then it could be a good thing.

Ole Miss Texan, I am not sure but I think there's a glitch on the forum or maybe with my computer.

It re-arranged your post in a weird way. ;)

Bizarre, isn't it?

GP
01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
If Vince Young cannot call plays in the huddle, why would Gary Kubiak even for one tiny second allow Vince Young to come here?

Gary Kubiak, for all his other warts, at least has found a QB capable of commanding the huddle and running the offense to his liking.

And we're supposed to sit here and actually think this could happen?

I know things are jacked up right now, but this is nothing more than a few VY fans (Dick Justice in the lead) who are projecting their fantasies upon us.

Kubiak has headaches, he doesn't want a migraine. I would imagine this might be a way to get him to actually quit early. So, maybe it WOULD be a good idea.

David Carr couldn't hack it here. Neither could Vince Young. It's a non-issue.

Playoffs
01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Moderators should hide this topic from VY's IP address ...

he'll go into another emotional spiral downward if he sees those poll results. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/vypalm2.gif

spurstexanstros
01-06-2011, 07:52 PM
sigh its going to be a long offseason and can you imagine if they sign the dude......fire up the start vy thread now

I hate VY fanboys.

Corrosion
01-06-2011, 07:58 PM
When a Longhorn says no ..... :smiliepalm:

There was a time when I thought VY could be a really good QB. Dont think he was quite ready (despite the record) when he was inserted into the lineup.
He's got all the physical tools but none of the smarts , savy nor the maturity to lead an NFL offense.

Dude got a 16 on the wonderlic ? ..... I think he musta cheated cause he's a full blown dumbass.

Please , keep this fool as far away from the Texans lockerroom as possible. :bat:

RTP2110
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Ha. Kubiak would never put Matt in that situation.

wildroot
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
If he is signed by the Texans, I will turn in my fan card.

Keeping a charity case for a HC will keep you here, but signing a back-up QB sends you packing?

drs23
01-06-2011, 09:11 PM

There was a time when I thought VY could be a really good QB. Dont think he was quite ready (despite the record) when he was inserted into the lineup.
He's got all the physical tools but none of the smarts , savy nor the maturity to lead an NFL offense.

Dude got a 16 on the wonderlic ? ..... I think he musta cheated cause he's a full blown dumbass.

Please , keep this fool as far away from the Texans lockerroom as possible. :bat:

Thank you. :goodpost:

burro
01-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Vince Young is a cancer that we don't need. Despite a lot of inane rambling to the contrary, we are set at QB. Move it along. Congrats to Texans fans in Austin who do not have to deal with the slap in the face of watching the Tits play on Sunday.

Texan_Bill
01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
:gun:

Norg
01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Just Win baby !!!!!!!!!! thats all vince does

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Would absolutely love to see Vince play for the Texans.

Shame it won't happen.

wagonhed
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Why does everyone here have their panties in such a bunch about Vince Young? I don't want him on the Texans, I don't think he fits what we do, but I don't see why everyone gets so emotional about a player that has nothing to do with this organization and really, where he goes doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the Texans.

What's the deal, people?

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Why does everyone here have their panties in such a bunch about Vince Young? I don't want him on the Texans, I don't think he fits what we do, but I don't see why everyone gets so emotional about a player that has nothing to do with this organization and really, where he goes doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the Texans.

What's the deal, people?

Excellent question.

If I had to guess I'd say just about every Texans fan who hates VY is either one of or both of the following:

(1) someone who roots against the Longhorns

(2) someone who is tired of hearing that the Texans effed up by not taking Vince over Mario in 2006.

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Excellent question.

If I had to guess I'd say just about every Texans fan who hates VY is either one of or both of the following:

(1) someone who roots against the Longhorns

(2) someone who is tired of hearing that the Texans effed up by not taking Vince over Mario in 2006.

Guess you missed this -

I bleed burnt orange ..... I want that dude as far away from the Texans as possible. Whole rest of my family are Aggies ..... takes a dozen of them to figure out how to open a damn beer.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Whole rest of my family are Aggies ..... takes a dozen of them to figure out how to open a damn beer.

That's pretty funny.

Vince's supposed Wonderlic score was actually a 6.

Still not clear to me why you have a problem with a guy who has won about 3 out of every 4 games he's played. Vince may not be a rocket surgeon, but there's nobody on the Texans who comes close to having that kind of winning percentage.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
That's pretty funny.

Still not clear to me why you have a problem with a guy who has won about 3 out of every 4 games he's played. Vince may not be a rocket surgeon, but there's nobody on the Texans who comes close to having that kind of winning percentage.

Better than 0!

Go Texans!!!

Hookem Horns
01-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Better than 0!

Go Texans!!!

So you are saying that if he went to A&M he would have scored a zero?

houstonspartan
01-07-2011, 01:38 AM

What's the deal, people?

Co-sign. Gary Kubiak's offense is pretty detailed and intricate. I just don't see Vince Young fitting in with what we do here.

I admit that my hatred of him has more to do with his fans than he. I'm tired of hearing about how stupid the Texans were for not taking him.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 01:42 AM
I admit that my hatred of him has more to do with his fans than he. I'm tired of hearing about how stupid the Texans were for not taking him.

Bingo. That's what I thought.

Even as a Longhorn fan, I got tired of that.

It was hell having to root against him. I'm with Hookem----I'm glad that nightmare is over.

wagonhed
01-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Who says this, especially 5 years later????

I wasn't around football message boards at the time of the draft, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard someone say that in person. At least, it hasn't happened enough times for me to remember that it happened, and I lived in Austin until 2009.

Besides, there is a whole slew of people on this message board that apparently hate Mario Williams and thinks he is a mediocre player who we should trade away or simply cut. Just goes to show that most people don't know what the **** they're talking about.

Imatexanfan
01-07-2011, 05:50 AM
except in the playoffs...

:)

I was kidding in my other post, but I don't believe Young will even be considered by this team. This town had a lot of issues in 2008 when Schaub and Rosenfels both had their crowds fighting over which one of them should start. Eventually Schaub won, but it wasn't good for the team and with Vince, it would be even worse. In 2006, choosing Vince would have made sense to build the fanbase, make the name/logo more nationally recognized and maybe win some games with him, but in 2011 it's would not be nearly as effective. We don't need a QB controversy right now, we already have enough issues to deal with.
Exactly it would be a QB controversy because Schaub is our guy and VY would hate to NOT be the guy....

El Tejano
01-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Sign him so that you can add a player with a personal vendetta against the Titans. Then if you want, you can trade him. He would easily be an upgrade over Dan O and Leinhart.

BIG TORO
01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
I voted yes, we need a toilet cleaner at reliant!:whip:

HuttoKarl
01-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I think he'll end up in Minnesota and ride Peterson to the playoffs.

Rey
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd take VY as a back-up in a heartbeat...

This thread sounds an awful lot like some of the old Vick threads from back in the day...

GP
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I think he'll end up in Minnesota and ride Peterson to the playoffs.

Oh boy, that sounds splendid! I'd pay good money to see that.

:popcorn:

GP
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
double post. deleted.

Pollardized
01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
The only backing up vince will be doing in Houston is down at the gloryhole inside the adult bookstore on Westheimer...

chicagotexan2
01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I'd vote Yes for "the rent is too damn high" guy before I vote for this little wuss boy.

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
That's pretty funny.

I am of the opinion that he greatly benefited from a stellar defense , a good running game and a coaching staff who kept his exposure to potential mistakes to a minimum.

Yes , he made some plays .... but Football is the ultimate team game. The QB position in the NFL requires a certain level of leadership ability and I just dont believe that he has that nor the maturity or respect of his peers at this point because of the many "moments" off the field ...

Sure he's probably an upgrade to Dan-O but what does bringing him in here do to Schaub ?

I dont see Young as worth the risk of the potential locker room problems he might bring with him.

Is this the guy you want ?

http://deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/05/vincetequillajpg.jpg

Didnt think so ....

Dread-Head
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I think getting fired gave Vince something he DIDN'T have in Tennessee a dose of humility. I've been hating on the guy SINCE he was at UT, but he's been improving as a QB and I think having him in the stable will keep Schaub and Lienert on their toes. Vugg it. Give Sausage boy another shot. :hobie:

Rey
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I am of the opinion that he greatly benefited from a stellar defense , a good running game and a coaching staff who kept his exposure to potential mistakes to a minimum.

Yes , he made some plays .... but Football is the ultimate team game. The QB position in the NFL requires a certain level of leadership ability and I just dont believe that he has that nor the maturity or respect of his peers at this point because of the many "moments" off the field ...

Sure he's probably an upgrade to Dan-O but what does bringing him in here do to Schaub ?

I dont see Young as worth the risk of the potential locker room problems he might bring with him.

Is this the guy you want ?

http://deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/05/vincetequillajpg.jpg

Didnt think so ....

Sounds a lot like the arguments against Vick before he started playing well...

I think the Texans would be foolish to automatically dismiss the notion and not even talk to the guy...

I thought they should have talked to Vick as well...

I think both of those guys would be really good in this system...They cause all kinds of headaches for defenses on bootlegs and play actions...

BigBull17
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok, I admit that he is a better option at back up than Dan O and maybe Lienart, but there is no way he is a Texan next year. First reason, what about his attitude, demeanor, and maturity level leads you to believe that he can come here and back up Matt Schaub. He would start out OK, but then get worse and worse as the play time didn't come. Second, he doesn't want to put in the work that is needed to be a pro QB. People mention Vick and the 180 he did, but seriously he got smacked by reality and had 2 years to beat it into his brain that he had to change or he wouldn't be a NFL QB. Vince has blamed everyone else for his short comings so I doubt he is gonna change his attitude all that much.

Rey
01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
People mention Vick and the 180 he did, but seriously he got smacked by reality and had 2 years to beat it into his brain that he had to change or he wouldn't be a NFL QB. Vince has blamed everyone else for his short comings so I doubt he is gonna change his attitude all that much.

How do you know how long it took Vick to decide he needed to make a change?

Just because he had two years to do it doesn't mean it actually took him two years...

He could have decided he needed to do it the moment he found out he'd no longer be a falcon and used the two years to actually make the change.

How do you know VY hasn't already decided that wherever he lands next he will do the right things?

Like I said earlier, the Texans should at least talk to him and see where he is at. We don't have that option as fans...

BigBull17
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
How do you know how long it took Vick to decide he needed to make a change?

Just because he had two years to do it doesn't mean it actually took him two years...

He could have decided he needed to do it the moment he found out he'd no longer be a falcon and used the two years to actually make the change.

How do you know VY hasn't already decided that wherever he lands next he will do the right things?

Like I said earlier, the Texans should at least talk to him and see where he is at. We don't have that option as fans...

Just a hunch since everyone spends hours blaming everyone but him for his short comings. However, why do people want him anyway? He quit on his team at least three times. Just blows my mind. I've never seen more support for a completely average player.

BigBull17
01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
The only backing up vince will be doing in Houston is down at the gloryhole inside the adult bookstore on Westheimer...

....you're grounded sir...

Rey
01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Just a hunch since everyone spends hours blaming everyone but him for his short comings.

Not sure what that has to do with VY himself.

However, why do people want him anyway? He quit on his team at least three times. Just blows my mind. I've never seen more support for a completely average player.

He is a talented player. He is still young, has big game experience, is mobile, has been improving his passing efficiency.

I don't see anyone saying bring him in and start him.

There have been lots of troubled players than have had a change of scenery and have become at least serviceable if not great with their new teams.

I honestly think that if this player we were talking about had not been such a lighting rod in the past there would be more people saying at least bring him in and see how he does.

The Texans have a good locker room. They are not going to let one player who has not been here come in and destroy their chemistry. Not only that, but I highly doubt VY would come here and do that.

I like to win. If VY is willing to accept a back-up role here he is probably one of the more talented options out there. That's really all it boils down to for me.

GP
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't see anyone saying bring him in and start him.

See, this is the same type of logic that says "It's OK to bring Wade Phillips in as d-coord."

Yeah, sure it is. And then guess what? A misstep by Kubiak and who is going to be interim coach? Wade. And I'd rather stick with Gurry than Wade.

Once VY lands on a team, his ONLY focus will be to prove the Titans wrong. And you don't do that from the bench. You do it by becoming the starter and earning the snaps during TC, Preseason, and Reg season.

This is a myth, IMO, that he would just come here (or anywhere else) and automatically be all cool and OK with being the backup.

I continue to be amazed at this. Vick was a guy who was 100% rock bottom when the Eagles picked him up. VY? He's only three feet under the rough waters right now.

Rey
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
See, this is the same type of logic that says "It's OK to bring Wade Phillips in as d-coord."

Yeah, sure it is. And then guess what? A misstep by Kubiak and who is going to be interim coach? Wade. And I'd rather stick with Gurry than Wade.

Once VY lands on a team, his ONLY focus will be to prove the Titans wrong. And you don't do that from the bench. You do it by becoming the starter and earning the snaps during TC, Preseason, and Reg season.

That's complete speculation.

Leinart didn't come here and act crazy because he had a chip on his shoulder. He's had his share of maturity issues too.

Vick didn't get in the game when the Eagles had McNabb and act crazy. He didn't do anything to try and prove people wrong.

Heck Terrance Williams from the Rockets has been labled a troubled player and he was quoted in the paper talking about how he is just going to accept a fresh start with the Rockets and do the right things...yada, yada....

A lot of times when guys hit rocky roads and another team gives them a chance, they are tremendously grateful to that organization and they show it through their actions.

Look at Mike Williams in Seattle...Braylon Edwards in NY...Ron Artest in the NBA...

There are lots of players.....No scratch that....

There are lots of people who have been troubled in the past that have turned their lives around due to 1) getting punished for their actions and being humbled by the consequences 2) feeling gratitude by someone or some organization showing that they believe they could still be an asset

This is a myth, IMO, that he would just come here (or anywhere else) and automatically be all cool and OK with being the backup.

LOL...Ok....

You have no idea, just like I have no idea.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying.

I am not claiming it will be a perfect fit. I am not saying that he will be ok with coming in and being a back up.

All I'm saying is that the Texans shouldn't automatically dismiss it and should do their due diligence. Talk to the guy. See where his head is at. Evaluate him as a player.

If your people decide it won't work. Don't sign him.

I continue to be amazed at this. Vick was a guy who was 100% rock bottom when the Eagles picked him up. VY? He's only three feet under the rough waters right now.

If VY is as egotistical as you and others claim he is, THIS is rock bottom for him.

If people though he may kill himself after being benched, what do they think he will do after being cut?

But even with that said, hitting rock bottom is not a pre-cursor to becoming a better person or player.

It only boils down to one thing for me. VY is more talented than just about every other potential back-up I can think about....Nothing more, nothing less.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM

I get that. I'm at peace with not making a move for Vince-----much more so than not making a move for a new head coach.

I'm really more intrigued by what Wagonhed commented on: the unabated hatred toward Vince among Texans fans, and where that hate comes from. I feel like, with Vince no longer a Titan, the reason for that hatred is sort of baseless.

GP
01-07-2011, 09:55 AM
That's complete speculation.

Leinart didn't come here and act crazy because he had a chip on his shoulder. He's had his share of maturity issues too.

Are you for real?

When did Matt go ape-crap crazy, rey?

You're comparing apples-to-sausages here.

Look at the long list of things VY has done, to his teammates and coaches, and look at the time he fled his home and the cops had to go find him because people were scared he would do something to himself.

Leinart's biggest flaw is that he's a self-conceited ass who thinks he's God's gift to football. "I have paid my dues" is laughable. He hasn't. I won't sit here and say he isn't flawed, but he's sight better than "loco en cabeza" VY is.

VY is a mental midget of gigantic proportions. You continue to sit here and completely ignore that his teammates said VY can't even call plays in a huddle. He doesn't know them. Can't remember them. The QB can't call the plays in the huddle. He storms out on his team, cusses out his coach, runs off in a car and cries in some abandoned parking lot at midnight, throws his shoulder pads into the stands, has a momma and a pastor who say people need to treat him right, etc. etc.

It's a nightmare. Even Bud Adams figured it out.

I don't see this happening with Leinart. Have I missed it?

You like VY. I get that. When we like someone, we want them to succeed.

But to sit here and say that VY would fit in with this team? Not happening. Kubiak axed David Carr, and I'm pretty sure David studied enough film to have at least been able to call plays in a huddle. The NFL game is just too big for VY. He did well facing a poorly-ranked USC defense. He did well facing sophomores. The jump to Big Boy Football has been a troubling experience for him.

How is how he going to right the ship?

You guys think that right now, he's sitting there going "Man, I messed up. I need to be a man." He's NOT!!! LOL.

Did you see his reply to the news he will be traded/cut? "I felt like I was never given a chance. Coach never had my back. He never trusted me. He didn't treat me like a man."

What part of that, rey, tells us that he is going to go somewhere and start fresh? In his world, Jeff Fisher is the one who screwed up.

I just don't see what you see. I don't get it.

GP
01-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I get that. I'm at peace with not making a move for Vince-----much more so than not making a move for a new head coach.

I'm really more intrigued by what Wagonhed commented on: the unabated hatred toward Vince among Texans fans, and where that hate comes from. I feel like, with Vince no longer a Titan, the reason for that hatred is sort of baseless.

Because until VY is 100% out of football and working elsewhere, there will be threads like this and people who have conVINCEd themselves that he's still a workable project that can be salvaged. On OUR team, to boot!

I mean, this is like twilight zone around here.

I guess people think that since McNair is such a doofus for not firing Kubiak that it means ANYTHING is possible around here.

Dick Justice is a genius. He types it up, posts it, and look at this. So much talk (hey, I admit I'm here too. LOL.) about nothing significant.

When is the draft again? Oy.

HTown2ATX
01-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Are you for real?

:lol:

http://thequarterbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/v-y-sausages_0001.jpg

Rey
01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Are you for real?

Look at the long list of things VY has done, to his teammates and coaches, and look at the time he fled his home and the cops had to go find him because people were scared he would do something to himself.

Leinart's biggest flaw is that he's a self-conceited ass who thinks he's God's gift to football. "I have paid my dues" is laughable. He hasn't. I won't sit here and say he isn't flawed, but he's sight better than "loco en cabeza" VY is.

I was talking about one specific assertion you made, which was that he wanted to be a starter.

That's where the comparison came from.

Pretty sure both guys wanted to be a starter.

VY is a mental midget of gigantic proportions. You continue to sit here and completely ignore that his teammates said VY can't even call plays in a huddle. He doesn't know them. Can't remember them. The QB can't call the plays in the huddle. He storms out on his team, cusses out his coach, runs off in a car and cries in some abandoned parking lot at midnight, throws his shoulder pads into the stands, has a momma and a pastor who say people need to treat him right, etc. etc.

Not sure why you feel the need to inform me of things I already know.

VY has done some awful things in his football career. Pretty sure we are all aware of this.

I couldn't care less about what Bud Adams figured out. Like I said, there are plenty examples of people getting shunned from one organization and shining with another.

And no, you don't get it. I don't give two shyts about VY other than what I think he can do on the field. I am not here to defend his honor or any of that.

All I'm saying is that I think he could come in and be a good back-up for us. That's it.

But to sit here and say that VY would fit in with this team? Not happening. Kubiak axed David Carr, and I'm pretty sure David studied enough film to have at least been able to call plays in a huddle. The NFL game is just too big for VY. He did well facing a poorly-ranked USC defense. He did well facing sophomores. The jump to Big Boy Football has been a troubling experience for him.

VY has been improving as a passer since he came into the league. I am not saying that he has done everything in his power to become a great QB, but I do think he has improved his skills. Michael Vick was another guy who people said couldn't pass the ball, couldn't be a good QB...Yada Yada...

I think this is a QB friendly offense. I think Kubiak has worked with enough QB's and he knows offense. I think that he may be able to get more out of him than what others have.

You guys think that right now, he's sitting there going "Man, I messed up. I need to be a man." He's NOT!!! LOL.

Did you see his reply to the news he will be traded/cut? "I felt like I was never given a chance. Coach never had my back. He never trusted me. He didn't treat me like a man."

What part of that, rey, tells us that he is going to go somewhere and start fresh? In his world, Jeff Fisher is the one who screwed up.

Have you paid attention to anything I wrote?

Where in this conversation did I say the Texans should go out and sign him? Where did I say that I think he has righted the ship and is truly sorry for his actions?

Where did I say that he will turn his career around?

Nowhere.

I've said the whole time that the Texans should at least look into it. They have resources that we don't they have people that evaluate players and can get a first hand look at the situation.

If they talk to the guy and evaluate him and feel he is not a good fit...Don't sign him.

If they talk to him and think that they can work with him, sign him up.

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM

I agree with that .... I dont believe that there is anyone in the NFL who's content with being a backup. If there is , that guy doesnt belong on an NFL roster.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 10:17 AM
The QB can't call the plays in the huddle.

That came from a story written by Don Banks for SI. Here's the quote:
A source told me the vast majority of Titans players had grown frustrated with Young's repeated maturity issues, and he still hadn't progressed to the point where he could seamlessly call plays in the huddle, or commit himself to the work and preparation required of an NFL starting quarterback. Adams was made aware of how widespread the rest of the locker room felt hamstrung and held back by Young's lack of development.

A source told me....

We don't know who told Banks that or what that person's intentions were when he said that. I look at Vince's numbers from this year and I see a guy who may just be coming around to being a really good NFL quarterback. He's 27 years old and still has a lot of upside.

Again, I get why the Texans aren't going to bring him in. I get that he's had a troubled career filled with melodrama. But the hatred is out of balance with his missteps.

Rey
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree with that .... I dont believe that there is anyone in the NFL who's content with being a backup. If there is , that guy doesnt belong on an NFL roster.

Plenty of guys are content with being a back-up "for the time being" or until they get their shot. Doesn't mean they want to be that guy for their entire career.

GP
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
VY shouldn't even be considered. Period. For this organization to even approach his agent, would be, IMO, a really goofy idea by somebody somewhere.

QB friendly offense? Wasn't friendly to David Carr, was it?

You're projecting things here, rey, that is more speculative than anything I have speculated. Fact.

THE most speculative situation in the NFL today is Vince Young. Hands down. He has that contest won all by himself.

1. McNair came out and curtly said "We will not be drafting VY." I mean, for a guy of McNair's graciousness...that's pretty harsh, rey. To flat out say that there exists some 200+ OTHER players on draft day that we would take, other than VY, is pretty pointed. We know what McNair thinks about VY, just like we know what he thinks of Gary Kubiak. See the correlation there: McNair, for all his hem-hawing and double-talk will, sometimes, actually come right out and show you who he is. This stance on VY, IMO, hasn't changed for McNair. Nowhere do I see "facts," since that's so important to the Science Rules All crowd that McNair would even spend two seconds thinking about this idea that you guys have.

2. Laundry list of troubles with VY. It's a long rap sheet.

3. Our offense is not QB Friendly. It's anything but. David Carr couldn't make pre-snap reads. He couldn't find the target, make progressions, etc. And David, for all his warts, wasn't the head case that VY is.

4. As the evidence piles up, it becomes clear that some people root for people to a fault. McNair is one of those guys, too, obviously, since he certainly can't fire Gary Kubiak and move on in another direction.

The paralysis by analysis is bad mojo in the NFL. Shortest season in all of the major pro sports--16 games and done. An owner can't spend 5+ years and ignore 16-game season's worth of data and expect everything to just click one day for his team. It is either working, or it is not.

I have a sliver of hope, though. Sliver.

I would bet Kubiak becomes a winner way before VY does. That is the rung I place VY on in my "Guy Likely To Finally 'Get it'" ladder.

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2011, 10:23 AM
After reading this last page of posts, I conclude that we need to bring in VY as our primary backup........... and sign Jamarcus Russell to back him up.............You know, you can't have enought quarterbacks.:spin:

GP
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
After reading this last page of posts, I conclude that we need to bring in VY as our primary backup........... and sign Jamarcus Russell to back him up.............You know, you can't have enought quarterbacks.:spin:

Well, if Gruden was our HC...like some wanted..then that is a 100% possibility.

Rey
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
QB friendly offense? Wasn't friendly to David Carr, was it?

Actually, Yes it was...

More friendly to him than any other offense he's been in.

GP
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Actually, Yes it was...

(Sigh)

Rey, come on man.

This isn't degrees of skill here. It is an "either/or" game in the NFL.

You either have it, or you don't. That's why I crave this game. Because in the NFL, all else is stripped away. The great players are great, the great coaches are great, and there's none of the endless subjective debate like we find in other sports discussions.

Subjectivity is ruling the day here. There is so much so-called evidence that shows VY is incapable of changing his spots. There is so much so-called evidence that shows Kubiak is in the same boat, too.

Vick, IMO, was never a bad QB. He was just caught up in his own hype. Spending two years in prison is a helluva' lot different than VY spending two hours after getting the news he is done in Tennessee. Night and day. Vick woke up on the day he was sentenced to prison, but his rehab as a person (which affected his turnaround in the NFL) was a two-year process that was a daily reckoning for him.

VY is nowhere near the place that VY was. The story isn't the same. Nowhere close to being the same, rey.

EDIT: I think it's a huge slap in the face, to Vick, to place VY in the same sort of category as Vick.

Rey
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
(Sigh)

Rey, come on man.

This isn't degrees of skill here. It is an "either/or" game in the NFL.

Actually, yes...It is about degrees of skill when you're talking about NFL players...

Not sure what you mean here...

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Actually, Yes it was...

Have to agree with that , he put up some decent numbers with excellent completion percentages.

Sometimes I wonder if HHWNBM would have had to sit a while behind a veteran and didnt develop happy feet how much different things may have worked out for him.

GP
01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Actually, yes...It is about degrees of skill when you're talking about NFL players...

Not sure what you mean here...

Where is VY right now?

All this hype has drowned him.

And here's another thing: For all the great stats VY put up, he would then throw the most ridiculous pass you have ever seen, at some point in the game, and then it's downhill from there. That's where the "trust" issue comes in, IMO, that VY is talking about between him and Coach Fisher. Well hell, I wouldn't trust VY either if I saw him brainfart as much as he did.

There's empty, dormant areas inside VY's head. The Wonderlic measured it and agrees with me.

One last time: Look at all he has done, he's two days into being told he is done in Tennessee, and he's just going to go hop onto some team who will take him as a project....never knowing that they are getting a big bag of pissed off hornets just waiting to be let out.

I have felt this way about Terrell Owens, too. With those two guys, they perceive that nobody respects them and they can't trust anybody. VY talks about "trust" way too much. There's nothing a coach can do but let Vince be Vince. Only Mack Brown decided to do that, in VY's last season at UT, and just because it panned out for UT that year that's been the script ever since: Let Vince be Vince.

What was the USC defense ranked anyways? Wasn't it like in the 30-something range? I mean, I think that one game has been the worst thing for VY's entire NFL career. He's deluded. And others are enabling him.

So be it.

infantrycak
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I think this is a QB friendly offense.

It is only QB friendly for a smart QB with good vision and an ability to go through his progressions - all things VY has been noted as lacking. VY needs to go to a team that wants to play lots of screens, RB dumps and TE passes on a check one (or none) long route and go system.

BigBull17
01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Actually, Yes it was...

More friendly than a 2000 yard rusher and two reads? Look deep, look for tight end, look for CJ, run. That's it. Two offensive coordinators couldn't make him better. A coach risked his job to replace him as a QB. He has been given 5 years and he really hasn't improved that much. Our offense is precision based. VY has NO accuracy. It requires pre snap reads, VY cant read Dr. Seuss. Just a bad fit. Oakland is his home. Go deep baby.

Marcus
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Where is the '**** NO!' option?

Just got on this thread, so I don't know how many times you've been quoted.

But yeah, where's the '**** NO' option!

And yeah, if they sign him, even bring him in for a tryout, I'm no longer a Texans fan. And that's no idle threat either. I always root for the Cowboys to lose. There isn't any law that says I can't root for the Texans to lose, either.

Thorn
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Just got on this thread, so I don't know how many times you've been quoted.

But yeah, where's the '**** NO' option!

And yeah, if they sign him, even bring him in for a tryout, I'm no longer a Texans fan. And that's no idle threat either. I always root for the Cowboys to lose. There isn't any law that says I can't root for the Texans to lose, either.

I can't believe anyone in the Texans organization wants sausage boy on this team. Bringing him in is like smashing your toe with a hammer before going out to walk.

Marcus
01-07-2011, 12:21 PM

What's the deal, people?

I noticed that your join date is Aug 2009.

If you were around here back in 2006, you'd very well know what the deal is.

VY isn't the cause of the hate. His fan-boys are. But it's VY hate just the same.

wagonhed
01-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I noticed that your join date is Aug 2009.

If you were around here back in 2006, you'd very well know what the deal is.

VY isn't the cause of the hate. His fan-boys are. But it's VY hate just the same.
So VY "fan-boys" are enough for about half a dozen posters in this thread to say they'd straight up stop being a Texans fan if he got signed?

Forgive me if I have to wonder who the babies are in this situation.

Sorry but this thread is a freaking joke, and I don't give a shit about VY. GPs comments are across the board ridiculous. All the people above me on this page talking about how terrible VY is at QB is hilarious, considering his extremely good stats. It's nothing but spin, spin, spin in here. Many of yall would do well to leave your emotions out of this and take a second to look back into reality.

edit: Oh, and then there's the gay jokes. I can tell the anti-VY side has a really astute argument based on the constant gay jokes they like to employ. Cause, you know, there is something seriously wrong with being gay.

Marcus
01-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Well, you joined in 2004, so I guess you got hit on the head and suffered amnesia or something.

The hate started way way before he became a Titan.

Marcus
01-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Are you for real?

WOW! Good post! Rep!

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, you joined in 2004, so I guess you got hit on the head and suffered amnesia or something.

The hate started way way before he became a Titan.

Please explain.

I'm guessing you're talking about the post-Rose Bowl frenzy when 95% of the callers to local talk radio were saying they wanted Vince in Houston which then became outrage when the Texans went another direction which then begat a need to deride Vince in order to justify the Texans selection of Mario?

Or perhaps I do have amnesia. Help me out: how did the hate start?

rush2112mn
01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Vince Young has maturity issues.....he should have grown out of them before turning pro. I think the guy can play football...it is just he has emotional issues dealing with authority telling him what to do.

Fisher tried to help him, but finally gave up on him.

Vince needs to grow up first......

Marcus
01-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Please explain.

I'm guessing you're talking about the post-Rose Bowl frenzy when 95% of the callers to local talk radio were saying they wanted Vince in Houston which then became outrage when the Texans went another direction which then begat a need to deride Vince in order to justify the Texans selection of Mario?

Or perhaps I do have amnesia. Help me out: how did the hate start?

Yeah, that's pretty much how it started. And it got to the point where it made me sick to my stomach. Completely turned me off.

And it's never stopped. You could turn on local talk-radio right now, and you'd still hear 95% of the callers say they want Vince in Houston.

It's enough to gag a maggot right off the gut wagon.

wagonhed
01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess that's what you get for listening to sports radio. I've never heard this stuff myself.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much how it started. And it got to the point where it made me sick to my stomach. Completely turned me off.

And it's never stopped. You could turn on local talk-radio right now, and you'd still hear 95% of the callers say they want Vince in Houston.

It's enough to gag a maggot right off the gut wagon.

I was one of those fans who wanted the Texans to draft Vince back in '06.

I was pretty outraged when the team went with Mario (especially since the obvious---at the time---choice was Reggie Bush) but I got over it. At this point it looks like the Texans got it right.

What I really hated as a Vince fan was that the Dark Lord, Bud Adams, took Vince for the sole purpose of sticking it to Houston fans. The really delicious irony is that Bud wound up screwing his own organization by taking a player his coach didn't want.

Now that Vince is no longer a Titan, I can relax knowing that Bud will not win a title with the player I originally wanted in a Texans uniform.

But the hate for Vince among Texans fans will clearly not subside until it's clear he will not win a title with any team. If somehow he does, my God, the hate will reach Biblical proportions.

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I guess that's what you get for listening to sports radio. I've never heard this stuff myself.

Just go back and look at some of the draft threads from 06. There were two factions - VY/Bush and the debate was HEATED. Much of it probably had just as much to do with VY coming out of UT as it did VY / Bush. There's a lot of bitterness remaining - The media , most notably McLaim and Dick Justice did their best to stir the pot.

I can only think of one person off hand who had MW coming to the Texans ....Kaiser Toro. The rest were having a love hate bitchfest about the above named.

I was pretty outraged when the team went with Mario (especially since the obvious---at the time---choice was Reggie Bush) but I got over it. At this point it looks like the Texans got it right.

I was pretty much stuck between Bush and VY and in hindsight , Im glad they took MW over those jackholes.

Bush wasnt worth the 54million .... has had injuries. Sure he won a superbowl but that was the TEAM not the individual.

VY has been a head case ....

Grams
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
When you get something shoved in your face repeatedly, one tends to not like it. Sort of like having the Cowboys shoved in your face, on the TV, their obnoxious fans - not all of them (not the Cowboys fans here) - but a large majority of them.

All we heard before that year's draft was either Bush or Young, Young or Bush. After we drafted Mario, all the news outlets, papers, message board ridiculed the Texans for the pick.

I think Vince is an immature, spoiled momma's boy who if things do not go his way, he complains that it is all someone else fault. It is never his fault as he can do no wrong.

Texas had to dumb down their offense so he could play. So probably did the Titans as he still cannot call plays in the huddle. There are several articles on his lack of mental capabilitiy and his "poor me" antics which leads to the reasons he will no longer be a Titan.

He is 27 (?) years old and still acting like a baby. Still blaming others for his inadequacies. He has not grown up, has not matured.

The Texans do not need to even look at him, talk to him or even have it cross thier mind to do so.

drs23
01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
When you get something shoved in your face repeatedly, one tends to not like it. Sort of like having the Cowboys shoved in your face, on the TV, their obnoxious fans - not all of them (not the Cowboys fans here) - but a large majority of them.

All we heard before that year's draft was either Bush or Young, Young or Bush. After we drafted Mario, all the news outlets, papers, message board ridiculed the Texans for the pick.

I think Vince is an immature, spoiled momma's boy who if things do not go his way, he complains that it is all someone else fault. It is never his fault as he can do no wrong.

Texas had to dumb down their offense so he could play. So probably did the Titans as he still cannot call plays in the huddle. There are several articles on his lack of mental capabilitiy and his "poor me" antics which leads to the reasons he will no longer be a Titan.

He is 27 (?) years old and still acting like a baby. Still blaming others for his inadequacies. He has not grown up, has not matured.

The Texans do not need to even look at him, talk to him or even have it cross thier mind to do so.

Ditto.

The1ApplePie
01-07-2011, 01:53 PM
This is going into to turn into blind VY fanboys and blind VY haters isn't it?

I hate the dude for beating my college team in the National Title game, but I don't want the guy's still-beating heart on a sliver platter either.

Corrosion
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Its gonna turn into ..... wtf I dont understand that language.

Grams
01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
This is into to turn into blind VY fanboys and blind VY haters isn't it?

I hate the dude for beating my college team in the National Title game, but I don't want the guy's still-beating heart on a sliver platter either.

I don't want his heart on a silver platter either, I just do not want it here in Houston.

The1ApplePie
01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Its gonna turn into ..... wtf I dont understand that language.

Forgot "going"

God my typing is crap today

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes I AM grown up! Oh! Wait a minute...............

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/19733338/view/1/producttypecolor/2/type/png/width/378/height/378/black-baby-pimmelblick-baby-checking-3c-baby-bodysuits_design.png

midway
01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I have felt this way about Terrell Owens, too. With those two guys, they perceive that nobody respects them and they can't trust anybody. VY talks about "trust" way too much. There's nothing a coach can do but let Vince be Vince. Only Mack Brown decided to do that, in VY's last season at UT, and just because it panned out for UT that year that's been the script ever since: Let Vince be Vince.

I agree with most of your post but while I don't like Terrell Owens' act, he is one of the best wide outs in the history of the game. Vince.... is nowhere near that when it comes to being a QB. TO is a guy who could get away with this behavior because he was so damn good.

Honoring Earl 34
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't trade for him cause I wouldn't want that contract . I might talk to him if he gets cut but that's a tricky situation that you may find out isn't worth it .

dickieb
01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
The only way I would take a chance with VY is if he agreed to a league minium deal to compete for a backup QB position. See how bad he wants to be in Houston and how bad he wants to grow up, work hard to get better as a QB, and work on his image. Even then, I don't think Kubiak/Smith/McNair would want him. That being said, there are several teams that will take a chance on him and offer him decent money.

Hookem Horns
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think any of the Texas teams would be wise to bring in VY. Doing that would immediately sabotage the current starting QB. The minute Romo or Schaub throws a bad pass the VY jock munchers would be calling for VY. It would cause way too much drama and wouldn't be fair to either of the starters.

b0ng
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't think any of the Texas teams would be wise to bring in VY. Doing that would immediately sabotage the current starting QB. The minute Romo or Schaub throws a bad pass the VY jock munchers would be calling for VY. It would cause way too much drama and wouldn't be fair to either of the starters.

This is the thing that wagonhead does not understand. Also, saying VY is putting up great stats is the most laughable thing I've read on these forums in awhile. The guy is not a good quarterback and has not been a good quarterback since he has come into the league. This "Just Wins Games" bullshit needs to end because the quarterback isn't the only mother****er on the field for these games being won. The fact of the matter is, up until this year the Titans have had a decent defense and a pretty awesome running game with some good pass catching TE's. He's got all that, and he can't even consistently beat out a liquored up Kerry Collins on a yearly basis.

People believe this is some sort of hatred of VY because. . . well I don't know why somebody from Houston would inherently hate VY, he seems like a nice enough dude with a child-like wonder and amazement for what is going on around him. But the fact is, he's a ****ing terrible QB. ON TOP OF THE FACT that he's a goddamned headcase and has walked out on his coach and team like 2 or 3 times, he turns the ball over a lot. In his sporadic 5 years in the NFL (And remember, he's not playing in a lot of games for being such a great QB) he's fumbled the ball over 20 times and has thrown just as many picks as he has TD's. His completion % is ****ing terrible for a starting QB, and he's not one of those guys that this ejaculatory cannon for an arm that can at least wing deep balls near the spot where they are supposed to be on occasion.

Can he be a decent backup? Yeah, he probably could. But his retarded fans make it so that we have to listen to people talk about how great he is, when he's not, and how much he could help the team, when he probably won't. I say let another team take a whack at him being a QB for them, we can pick up a different FA as a backup for our QB. And if picking the wrong backup QB sinks us for the playoffs again next year, we weren't going to go anyway.

Playoffs
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
This is going into to turn into blind VY fanboys and blind VY haters isn't it?
17% VY fanboys .... 'nuff said.

wildroot
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
What I really hated as a Vince fan was that the Dark Lord, Bud Adams, took Vince for the sole purpose of sticking it to Houston fans. The really delicious irony is that Bud wound up screwing his own organization by taking a player his coach didn't want.

I've never understood the logic on this point.

Did Houston fans think that if Bud passed on VY that he's be there for us to take in the 2nd round when we picked again? After all, we passed on him taking Mario instead.

Hookem Horns
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I've never understood the logic on this point.

Did Houston fans think that if Bud passed on VY that he's be there for us to take in the 2nd round when we picked again? After all, we passed on him taking Mario instead.

Actually Wildroot there is a lot of substance to what TexansFanatic is saying there. It wasn't about the Texans drafting Vince because they were not going to draft Vince. At that point McNair was sold on Carr being the QB of the future. Carr had already been with the Texans for a few seasons and McNair didn't want to set the organization back by drafting a new QB and starting all over again. Carr just needed some tweaking (sounds like the Kubiak situation doesn't it?).

Bud knew that there was a large segment of the Texans fanbase that wanted Vince. Even Bob Lanier's wife was on the radio clamoring for the Texans to draft Vince. Remember it was her husband who was partially responsible for Bud leaving town. Bud lives in Houston so he obviously knew the hysteria that was going on here.

Drafting Vince was Bud's way of saying "screw you" to the city of Houston and it's fanbase. Bud envisioned fans turning on the Texans and sporting Titans gear. The dude knew what he was doing. What is sad is that for the most part it worked. All of us here know fans here in Texas who sold their soul to the Devil (Bud Adams) to root for the Titans because of Vince.

Since Vince was his pawn in his vendetta war against Houston of course he didn't want to let him go. Bud has NEVER been loyal like that to ANY player before, not even Earl Campbell.

As it has played out the entire thing has blown up in his face. Bud seriously screwed himself and his organization in the long run for some short term jollies. I forgot the number however if Bud would have kept VY over Fisher he would have had to pay Fisher 6 million plus next season, pay his new coach whatever salary he would have coming, and then on top of that pay VY whatever outrageous amount of money VY was due to stay on the team.

Bud gave in to his pocketbook. He was quoted yesterday as saying that he made the decision he did because he wasn't going to pay Fisher for not being there. I think I read somewhere that this decision saved him around 21 million dollars. So the bottom line is his war against the Houston fanbase wasn't worth 21 million.

ubecool454
01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll take vince if he can play FS.

ubecool454
01-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I can see Vince ending up in the CFL or the AFL.

GP
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I can see Vince ending up in the CFL or the AFL.

I already called that one.

It's where Vince Can Be Vince.

It's just a street-ball version of football. Everybody run around and get freaky.

He'll light it up, and then some NFL team will lure him back (with the enticement of making him the next Kurt Warner).

Seńor Stan
01-10-2011, 06:17 AM
(with the enticement of making him the next Kurt Warner).

...bagging groceries at the Hy-Vee in Cedar Rapids, Iowa?

TexansFanatic
01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Actually Wildroot there is a lot of substance to what TexansFanatic is saying there. It wasn't about the Texans drafting Vince because they were not going to draft Vince. At that point McNair was sold on Carr being the QB of the future. Carr had already been with the Texans for a few seasons and McNair didn't want to set the organization back by drafting a new QB and starting all over again. Carr just needed some tweaking (sounds like the Kubiak situation doesn't it?).

Bud knew that there was a large segment of the Texans fanbase that wanted Vince. Even Bob Lanier's wife was on the radio clamoring for the Texans to draft Vince. Remember it was her husband who was partially responsible for Bud leaving town. Bud lives in Houston so he obviously knew the hysteria that was going on here.

Drafting Vince was Bud's way of saying "screw you" to the city of Houston and it's fanbase. Bud envisioned fans turning on the Texans and sporting Titans gear. The dude knew what he was doing. What is sad is that for the most part it worked. All of us here know fans here in Texas who sold their soul to the Devil (Bud Adams) to root for the Titans because of Vince.

Since Vince was his pawn in his vendetta war against Houston of course he didn't want to let him go. Bud has NEVER been loyal like that to ANY player before, not even Earl Campbell.

As it has played out the entire thing has blown up in his face. Bud seriously screwed himself and his organization in the long run for some short term jollies. I forgot the number however if Bud would have kept VY over Fisher he would have had to pay Fisher 6 million plus next season, pay his new coach whatever salary he would have coming, and then on top of that pay VY whatever outrageous amount of money VY was due to stay on the team.

Bud gave in to his pocketbook. He was quoted yesterday as saying that he made the decision he did because he wasn't going to pay Fisher for not being there. I think I read somewhere that this decision saved him around 21 million dollars. So the bottom line is his war against the Houston fanbase wasn't worth 21 million.

Outstanding explanation of the way it all unfolded.

thunderkyss
01-17-2011, 08:11 AM
I stayed out of this thread, because I didn't believe anyone would actually think about doing this. I mean.... really.

I don't have the "ire" for Justice as many hear share...... but I'm getting there.

Justice: Outside the Box (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7383789.html)

Could Vince Young make the Texans better? Of course he could. In the end, that ought to be the only thing that matters.

That the Texans probably won't even think about acquiring him speaks volumes about the organization's timidity and lack of creative thinking. But you already knew that.

What the hell is this dude smoking?

Now, I don't consider Schaub to be elite... I understand the argument for it & all that, but to me he just isn't there.

However, you've got to be an idiaat to want to take him off the field. To put the ball in someone else's hand.

Other teams out there that need help offensively (& I don't think our offense is perfect) maybe... but we don't need gimmicks.

:kubepalm:

Stemp
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7383789.html

Hey Dick, your idiocy is showing again!
:wadepalm:

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7383789.html

Hey Dick, your idiocy is showing again!
:wadepalm:

Could Vince Young (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Vince_Young) make the Texans better? Of course he could. In the end, that ought to be the only thing that matters.

Now Stemp, don't jump the gun. He COULD make us better...
Imagine how much of a benefit it'd be to have Vince with his strength and speed; get those water bottles in to the guys during a time out! Huh???

Gotta think outside the box. :wild:

Stemp
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
The problem with bringing him in as backup QB is that all the VY fanboys would be banging pots and demanding he start as soon as he signs. If he couldn't hack it under Fischer, there is no way he gets it done with a HC who is still in the hot seat.

Second Honeymoon
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah tk, I read the article in the Sunday paper
Blatant troll move by Dick

The future of VY is a hot-button in this town
But he knewwhat he was doing even though he tried to have a realistic point

BVince needs to go to a place where he can start
Sf, ariz, Minny (my pick), or carolina...

If it has to be as backup I would say Cleveland with Colt. Colt could help Vince learn how to conduct himself and how to study/prepare

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2011, 11:10 AM
The problem with bringing him in as backup QB is that all the VY fanboys would be banging pots and demanding he start as soon as he signs. If he couldn't hack it under Fischer, there is no way he gets it done with a HC who is still in the hot seat.

If this was in response to MY post, you missed what I was saying...

My comments were 102% a joke!

VY can take his butt somewhere else! WE DON'T NEED HIM!!!
:fans:

Doppelganger
01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
I stayed out of this thread, because I didn't believe anyone would actually think about doing this. I mean.... really.

I don't have the "ire" for Justice as many hear share...... but I'm getting there.

Justice: Outside the Box (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7383789.html)

What the hell is this dude smoking?

Now, I don't consider Schaub to be elite... I understand the argument for it & all that, but to me he just isn't there.

However, you've got to be an idiaat to want to take him off the field. To put the ball in someone else's hand.

Other teams out there that need help offensively (& I don't think our offense is perfect) maybe... but we don't need gimmicks.

:kubepalm:

I don't see why you can't have both Schaub and Young on the field at the same time. As long as Young comes here knowing he has no chance to replace Schaub and he is competing for the backup role, why not bring him in? You could have a wildcat package with Young running the ball or use him as a decoy on some plays. We could use Young the way Philly used Vick: let him get 2-3 wild cat snaps per game just to make the defense have to think about it.

Second Honeymoon
01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh and anyone who doesn't think VY is going to get picked up is high as a kite
The impending lockout may delay the inevitable trade/release by the Titans but I expect him to be traded sooner rather than later. Probably a release though as his contract is high

They will wait till last minute if needed but he will be gone from the titans soon

Honoring Earl 34
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Yep ... it happens on the radio now . VY fan boy calls in ... Yea umm the problem with the Texans is Matt Schaub can't throw and he's not an athlete . They'll never win the big one with him because he doesn't have the arm strength . Schaub threw for 4700 yards in 09 because he didn't have a running game . I'd bet VY ... who only wins ... couldn't have carried that team .

ArlingtonTexan
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Justice claims that the Texans need to "think outside the box" with a move that could not be more "inside the box." I mean bringing the hometown/state hero to be the back-up to an OK, but not great starter was not thought up by anybodyelse.

My objection is not to former 1st round QBs as project (Linert was a correct move), but that Young has too rabid of a fanbase here to help overcome the things that he needs to improve. Young needs to find a place where he is not the hero and not the golden child in waiting to save the franchise. He needs to work on working harder, learning the playbook and just being another guy who is lucky to be in the NFL. When (if) he gets that stuff he probably can be a fine NFL starter. I just think too love already exist here for him to work at his craft w/o expectations of greatness.

texas838
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Young is a cancer. Shaub is a great QB, he just needs some time. However, his time is kind of running out...

SteveSlaton20
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Bob McNair always say that the NFL is business, and VY jerseys would sell. Plus he'd make a better back-up than Leinart, and that other guy would like to run out of the endzone for a safety.

burro
01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Young is a cancer. Shaub is a great QB, he just needs some time. However, his time is kind of running out...

How do you figure this? Like it or not (I like it), Schaub isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

BigBull17
01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Bob McNair always say that the NFL is business, and VY jerseys would sell. Plus he'd make a better back-up than Leinart, and that other guy would like to run out of the endzone for a safety.

I disagree, since everytime Matt would throw an incomplete pass, VY sausage lovers would be drunkenly chanting his name. It's not worth it at all.

Corrosion
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
DIE THREAD DIE. :strangle:

TEXANRED
01-18-2011, 09:48 PM
DIE THREAD DIE. :strangle:

It goes away when you stop posting in it.

houstonspartan
01-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Justice claims that the Texans need to "think outside the box" with a move that could not be more "inside the box." I mean bringing the hometown/state hero to be the back-up to an OK, but not great starter was not thought up by anybodyelse.

My objection is not to former 1st round QBs as project (Linert was a correct move), but that Young has too rabid of a fanbase here to help overcome the things that he needs to improve. Young needs to find a place where he is not the hero and not the golden child in waiting to save the franchise. He needs to work on working harder, learning the playbook and just being another guy who is lucky to be in the NFL. When (if) he gets that stuff he probably can be a fine NFL starter. I just think too love already exist here for him to work at his craft w/o expectations of greatness.

Yep. I have always said that Young need to go to another region of The United States. Even Nashville is too close to both Houston and Austin. Every time I turn around I'm hearing about some party or event or parade in Houston that VY is hosting. It's ridiculous.

A place like Seattle, in the far, remote, Pacific Northwest, would be the perfect location for him and force him to grow up.

Texan4Ever
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I think the only reason the Texans management would want Young is to parade him around and get dumb UT fans to support him and buy tickets to see him pick his nose or something.

:user:

CloakNNNdagger
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.wordsellinc.com/wp-content/uploads/word-sell-napa-wrestlers.JPG

Yeh. I remember when he thought he was an elite quarterback.

houstonspartan
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Just heard that the Vikings may be interested. That would be a great market for him - far from Austin and Houston.

Only problem is, Viking fans have no qualms booing their players, and if he screws up, they will let him know it. Time for VY to grow up a bit.

CloakNNNdagger
01-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Just heard that the Vikings may be interested. That would be a great market for him - far from Austin and Houston.

Only problem is, Viking fans have no qualms booing their players, and if he screws up, they will let him know it. Time for VY to grow up a bit.

Yeh. His old Titans QB coach Craig Johnson is the new Vikings QB coach. They supposedly got along in Tennesse. Still, VY would and will turn on his very best friend, if VY is not continually lauded, or better yet if he is criticized for failing to perform to "his elite standards."

Texan_Bill
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Hellz yeah!!!!! I would take that "elite quarterback" in a second!!! :gun:

texanchris
01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
no way. The only positive thing hes got going is that hes so big headed that Garret Grahams helmet might fit him just in case he loses his own.

Corrosion
01-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Hellz yeah!!!!! I would take that "elite quarterback" in a second!!! :gun:

You'd take him out behind the barn and beat some sense into him ?

ensign_lee
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Where's the "No. **** You" button? That's the one I would've pressed.

Uh yeah. this.

Double Barrel
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM

Wow...I thought they were real fans up there.

:sarcasm:

TexansFanatic
01-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Looks like Jeff Fisher is out in Tennessee.

Could this turn the tables?

Will VY stay with the Tacks?

JB
01-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Looks like Jeff Fisher is out in Tennessee.

Could this turn the tables?

Will VY stay with the Tacks?

I think it is a possibility.

TexansFanatic
01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I think it is a possibility.

I said all along that Bud would side with VY over Fisher.

I underestimated just how insane/senile Bud has become. I mean, I knew he was insane/senile, but this is too delicious.

He announces he's going to release VY. Then he loses his HC.

How satisfying for us Bud haters that everything he touches turns to sh*t!

drs23
01-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Man, just WoW. And McNair's a bad owner?

JB
01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Man, just WoW. And McNair's a bad owner?

Yeah, just ask Tex.