PDA

View Full Version : Tennesee to part ways with Vince Young

dc_txtech
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110105/SPORTS01/110105052/Titans+to+trade+or+cut+Vince+Young

stingray
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Old man Adams actually played it smart.

BigBull17
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow. That's crazy.

dc_txtech
01-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Old man Adams actually played it smart.

Yeah, I thought for sure that Bud was going to ditch Fisher and keep Vince.

Ryan
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Now's our chance. :stirpot:

ChampionTexan
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Very disappointing. I hate it when the competition wises up.

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
YES!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

Showtime100
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
So, will Bud call him into his office and gently explain his decision or will he get in his limo and give the Young House a drive-by birdie..lol.

Stemp
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
I wonder if he boots Fischer anyway.

MojoMan
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
The guy has Oakland Raiders written all over him.

stingray
01-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Yep... And he can change his name to Jamarcus Young.

Imatexanfan
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM

BINGO!! I was thinkin the samething...:bubbles:

infantrycak
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
There's no trade option after statements like those. Where does he have a chance to start? - Arizona, Cleveland (irony there), San Francisco (again irony), Miami? Any others?

spurstexanstros
01-05-2011, 06:16 PM
VY FANBOYS DONT EVEN SUGGEST IT>>>FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY DONT DO IT

the start vince thread will be the death of this board....if you thought fire kubiak as bad....

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd bring Vince here...haha i had to say it.

ChampionTexan
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
There's no trade option after statements like those. Where does he have a chance to start? - Arizona, Cleveland (irony there), San Francisco (again irony), Miami? Any others?

Minnesota leaps to mind, along with the aforementioned Oakland.

Pollardized
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd bring Vince here...haha i had to say it.

Does he live in Montrose already?

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Does he live in Montrose already?

lmaooooooo

False Start
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I F'ing love this! :lol:

VY: He just gets traded.

Koolaid Time
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
So, will Bud call him into his office and gently explain his decision or will he get in his limo and give the Young House a drive-by birdie..lol.

Maybe he will send him a Text Message

JB
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM

Yep! He will tell him to call when he gets back from OZ...

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Honestly, I'd bring Vince in for a work-out atleast...

With Leinart most likely going to test the waters, it wouldn't hurt having VY as a back-up...

I think he'd bring more to the table than Orvlosky...

Honoring Earl 34
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
http://mjrobinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/TOR.gif

DexmanC
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Vince is gonna become the new 49ers QB, and paired with Gore
and Crabtree, they'll easily be the best team in the AFC West.

BSofA04
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Although it might piss Bud off to see Young in a Texans uniform, no way in hell does he come here.

Then again, Bottom Line Bob would love the merchandise sales.

:smiliepalm:

Doppelganger
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqYhFa7mWA

houstonspartan
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I'd bring Vince in for a work-out atleast...

With Leinart most likely going to test the waters, it wouldn't hurt having VY as a back-up...

I think he'd bring more to the table than Orvlosky...

Hell no

Texan_Bill
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM

This^^^^^!! ****, they're gonna go out and get a real quarterback, because Collins' 57 year old ass ain't their future.... **** ME!! :facepalm:

HoustonFrog
01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Great, now Jerry can get him for a 3rd stringer and he and Roy Williams can infect the team with laziness.:kubepalm::gun:

Bulluck53
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm very surprised by this, but I think it's a good decision. One of them had to go and VY was the right choice. He can still play and will do fine somewhere else. He just hasn't matured as much as I'd thought.

JB
01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm very surprised by this, but I think it's a good decision. One of them had to go and VY was the right choice. He can still play and will do fine somewhere else. He just hasn't matured as much as I'd thought.

Yeah, him, A. Smith and HWSNBN will make a hell of a triplett in S.F.

And VY will fit right in on the Hill!

drs23
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM

May be just me but I don't see any way he goes to Cleveland with Colt looking as good as he has but the main stopper there is the head of football operations, Mr. Mike Holmgren. No way is he gonna sign off on that sausage case. IMHO.

:hobie:

Doppelganger
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
May be just me but I don't see any way he goes to Cleveland with Colt looking as good as he has but the main stopper there is the head of football operations, Mr. Mike Holmgren. No way is he gonna sign off on that sausage case. IMHO.

A few options:
1. seattle: Hasselbeck is nearing the end of his career and Whitehurst isnt much
2. SF: The Smiths:Troy and Alex can't play
3. Arizona: why not?
4. Minnesota: Is TJ better than inVINCEable?!
5. Buffalo!!!!

b0ng
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Vince is gonna become the new 49ers QB, and paired with Gore
and Crabtree, they'll easily be the best team in the AFC West.

:clap::clap::clap:

Really though, He could go to a lot of places, because I'm sure everybody would like to have him as a backup.

Buffi2
01-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Given Vince's "diva-ness," he might have a tough time finding a job. I think SF would be a nice fit. He could end up being QB coach for Mack Brown.

gwallaia
01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Good news for you Texan fans in Austin. No more Titan games on tv.

Bulluck53
01-05-2011, 08:46 PM

It wasn't his ability that annoyed me the most. Sure he's limited, but his record does show he has been successful. He just never showed he could handle adversity and that's what did him in for me. I think he would do well in San Fran and pretty easily lead them to the playoffs.

Honoring Earl 34
01-05-2011, 08:46 PM

VY and HWSNBN hosting a QB camp .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWYv-KRSDRg

gtexan02
01-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow, incredible shocker to me at least.

He was quietly having an incredible season this year. Before his injury, he was

93/156 for 1255 yards 10 TDs and only 3 INTs
Plus some pretty decent rushes

Those are some excellent numbers. Everything other than his completion percentage was higher than Schaub or Manning or Garrard

His talent level had definiately taken a huge shot in the arm, and he and Britt were doing great together.

Honoring Earl 34
01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
It wasn't his ability that annoyed me the most. Sure he's limited, but his record does show he has been successful. He just never showed he could handle adversity and that's what did him in for me. I think he would do well in San Fran and pretty easily lead them to the playoffs.

He might .

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DPyvAyxnRwI/Sbfzl4KTZnI/AAAAAAAAAl4/8UqEDYDv_7U/s320/vince-young-shirtless.jpg

GP
01-05-2011, 09:04 PM

LMAO!

"...sausage case...."

First time I have literally laughed out loud, on here, in probably a week.

Thank you for that. Needed that pretty badly.

Rep your way.

GP
01-05-2011, 09:12 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110105/SPORTS01/110105052/Titans+to+trade+or+cut+Vince+Young

Wow.

KABOOM!!!!

And so it officially ends like that? Awesome.

No more Vince Young vs. Texans twice-per-year. He tore us up, if we're going to be brutally honest for a second. The times he was healthy, he and Chris Johnson just ran rings around us on the field.

Now it makes his TD run at Reliant just a tiny footnote that will one day not even be a blip on the radar, due to how he never got over on the Texans (and was then dumped by Bud in unceremonious fashion).

McNair isn't a total dolt. He said he wouldn't go after this guy in the draft, and so there's something to thank McNair for I suppose.

TexanSam
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Hell, if he were willing to be a backup I'd bring him to the Texans.

gwallaia
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
The VY jock sniffers over at shaggybevo are simply beside themselves.:voodoo:
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/80485-Vince-Young-Is-No-Longer-a-Titan

This post from a UT VY fanboy in San Fran sums it up pretty well on the possibility of Vince playing for the 49ers.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

i just got a boner!!

please please please please please, i've got season tickets and would love to see VY play more often. PLUS we play the Browns so I could see VY vs Colt McCoy!!!!

boner boner boner

GP
01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Hell, if he were willing to be a backup I'd bring him to the Texans.

TexanSam....

Why?

He got major issues, man. He never thought this day would come. He thought he was renting space inside Bud Adams' heart. And he just got evicted.

If we didn't draft him, and now after how he treated Fisher (who has done more than Kubiak ever has, btw) there's no way we'd pick him up.

Going to be verrrry interesting to see which team picks him up, though.

Bulluck53
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Plus there would be a ton of threads here pleading VYs case whenever the Texans didn't win or Schaub played poorly. That would annoy even me.

Pollardized
01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/80485-Vince-Young-Is-No-Longer-a-Titan

This post from a UT VY fanboy in San Fran sums it up pretty well on the possibility of Vince playing for the 49ers.

Yep, he will fit right in over in San Fran....

Heh heh.... he said BONER....

Dutchrudder
01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I bet he winds up in Jacksonville. He's a similar QB to Garrard and would fit right into their system. Granted he wouldn't have anyone to throw to, but i'm sure he can just use his legs instead.

GP
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I bet he winds up in Jacksonville. He's a similar QB to Garrard and would fit right into their system. Granted he wouldn't have anyone to throw to, but i'm sure he can just use his legs instead.

That's something I was thinking about (Jags).

Plus, they have no depth after Garrard.

Plausible.

Texecutioner
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Miami and San Fran are both good destinations for him currently.

TexansFanatic
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM

Pretty sure Vince is undefeated against the Texans. I for one couldn't be happier he won't be playing for the Titans any more.

jaayteetx
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM

Man, I'm quite sure just about every one of the posters over there would love to perform fell at io on one Mr. Vince Young....it's disgusting I tell ya.

Spled
01-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I love the way the shaggybevo crowd talks about all of Vince's victories while calling Fisher a bad coach. I guess Vince coached those victories too.

Hookem Horns
01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
LOL, what's going on at the shaggybevo is classic right now. Reading all of the Titans/Bud Adams hate is pretty satisfying. Especially where one poster said he feels dirty for ever forgiving Bud Adams and rooting for this team because of VY.

In other news the dirt is starting to come out of Titans camp. These next few days and weeks are going to be real entertaining.

Here is an article with someone within the Titans organization saying Vince Young couldn't call plays in the huddle.

"The fact that he still has a hard time calling plays in the huddle, that's a problem for us," a Titans source said. "There's not indifference here about Vince. There's some serious animosity. A lot of guys would want out of here if he came back. Everyone knows he's the guy who's supposed to drive the car, he's supposed to be our leader. But he doesn't do the things you have to have your quarterback do. Guys can't trust him. Even after all this time. It had to start with not having No. 10 back here."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/05/titans.young/index.html?eref=sihp

houstonspartan
01-06-2011, 01:26 AM
LOL, what's going on at the shaggybevo is classic right now. Reading all of the Titans/Bud Adams hate is pretty satisfying. Especially where one poster said he feels dirty for ever forgiving Bud Adams and rooting for this team because of VY.

In other news the dirt is starting to come out of Titans camp. These next few days and weeks are going to be real entertaining.

Here is an article with someone within the Titans organization saying Vince Young couldn't call plays in the huddle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/05/titans.young/index.html?eref=sihp

Look, the guy is simply not a leader. I think people forget that a huge chunk of a QB's job is mental. David Carr had one of the most amazing arms I've ever seen, but he was as lazy and as dumb as a bag of rocks. Matt Schaub is built like a gangly totem pole, but is very smart and dedicated and driven. How many times have we read stories about how Matt and Andre goes over film of EACH game and they discuss EACH play?

That's leadership, people.

Vince ain't got it.

Bulluck53
01-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Hookem's right, its about to get ugly for VY if stuff continues to leak. Some guys on the team were done with him.

houstonspartan, gold star for you. You're absolutely correct.

Texan_Bill
01-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Yep, he will fit right in over in San Fran....

Heh heh.... he said BONER....

:spit:

I hear they like :hobie: in San Fran.

Marcus
01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Do any of you seriously think that Jerry Jones won't give VY a shot, considering past history and all that?

GlassHalfFull
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Do any of you seriously think that Jerry Jones won't give VY a shot, considering past history and all that?

Steven McGee and VY on the same team :popcorn:

chicagotexan2
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM

I could see that. Jeramyra would love to build the fan base even more. But VY is just not a good QB. He has ability, but is lacking is leadership, dedication and heart. I just think he is mentally soft and too much of a baby. VY hurt the Texans, but it would really kill me to see the titans draft a Houston QB with serious pro potential in Andrew Luck. Hopefully he'll be long gone and they won't move up to get him. But it's Bud and he's crazy enough to try to make it happen.

El Tejano
01-06-2011, 08:36 AM

This is the post I was looking for. I could easily see him WANTING to go there. Florida, people want Garrard out of there, and a chance to give it back to Tennessee and us.

El Tejano
01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I've given my thoughts on where VY may end up but now I wanna take this thread in another direction.

Where are all the Texan haters now? Where are all the business' that talked so much crap about The Texans and made fun of our 2006 draft that produced more Pro Bowlers than alot of other teams. Is Mattress Max gonna take out a full page ad in the Chronicle apologizing for the crap he pulled in 2006?

How about some of you posters who said you were going to be Titan fans from that point on? Have you hung yourself or are you ready to ask to come back? Just want you to know that you aren't welcomed back.

Dread-Head
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
:thinking: I wonder if Vince found out he'd lost his job by turning on his television. It's so unlike Bud to fire someone and letting them find out on tv. It's not like he did that to:

a. Bum Phillips
b. Earl Campbell
c. Hugh Campbell
d. Mr. Warren Moon
or

e. The Late Steve McNair.

Vince isn't a bad QB and he (much like Vick) will learn a dose of humility from this and will immerge a better athlete and person because of it.

Dutchrudder
01-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I could see that. Jeramyra would love to build the fan base even more. But VY is just not a good QB. He has ability, but is lacking is leadership, dedication and heart. I just think he is mentally soft and too much of a baby. VY hurt the Texans, but it would really kill me to see the titans draft a Houston QB with serious pro potential in Andrew Luck. Hopefully he'll be long gone and they won't move up to get him. But it's Bud and he's crazy enough to try to make it happen.

This is the worst case scenario for the Texans. We have had to suffer through a decade of being in Peyton Manning's shadow, I can't imagine how tough our division would be to have Manning and Luck. Fortunately for us, I think Carolina is smart enough to realize how incredible Andrew Luck is, and they wouldn't trade away that 1st pick for anything less than a decent QB, two 1sts, and the rest of the team's 2011 draft.

I think the Titans will try to get Mallet, who looks good and has potential, but he's not Andrew Luck.

BigBull17
01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I think VY is about to be a Raider. Big arm, flashy, fast. We wont touch him, cause the ***** Shorthorn fans will chant his name every time Matt throws an incomplete pass. There are two things that could happen. He could learn from it and move on, or he will blame his short comings on Fisher and will never correct the flaws in his game.

NitroGSXR
01-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Whoever gets him... check off a win (or two if within division) vs the Titans. Vince plays with a vengence on those who passed on him.

:toropalm:

The1ApplePie
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I hate VY, but Fisher screwed him from day one. VY would pick his nose and get pulled for the rest of the season. He was having a damn good season before he hurt his finger.

Yes, I actually said something positive about VY for the first time ever

wagonhed
01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
I hear stuff about some pro Vince Young crowd, but the "We Hate Vince" crowd on this message board is a hundred times louder and more annoying. Seems like that's all some people mention when talking about the Titans.

TexansLucky13
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I hear stuff about some pro Vince Young crowd, but the "We Hate Vince" crowd on this message board is a hundred times louder and more annoying. Seems like that's all some people mention when talking about the Titans.

Think back to the 2006 NFL Draft on this board. That's where this stems from.

BullNation4Life
01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I hate VY, but Fisher screwed him from day one. VY would pick his nose and get pulled for the rest of the season. He was having a damn good season before he hurt his finger.

Because Fisher, and at the time Norm Chow, NEVER wanted Vince, they want Leinart because Leinart knew Chow's system and is Fisher's kind of QB.

Vince was Bud's middle finger to the city of Houston and now is a 3rd pick of the 2006 NFL draft bust he has to live with.

BullNation4Life
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Because Fisher, and at the time Norm Chow, NEVER wanted Vince, they want Leinart because Leinart knew Chow's system and is Fisher's kind of QB.

Vince was Bud's middle finger to the city of Houston and now is a 3rd pick of the 2006 NFL draft bust he has to live with. Now Houston gets to do this...:lol: to Bud Adams....

BullNation4Life
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM

How soon we forget that the Texans took "THE WORST PICK IN NFL HISTORY" by not drafting Bush or Vince according to the talking heads.....

DonnyMost
01-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Welp, the great debate is over.

The Texans made the right choice.

Mailman
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
How soon we forget that the Texans took "THE WORST PICK IN NFL HISTORY" by not drafting Bush or Vince according to the talking heads.....

And the same drooling jackbags on shaggybevo still hate the Texans because their superhero was disrespected by the franchise when they picked Mario Williams. No matter the result, Mario Williams and Matt Schaub could team up to win five Super Bowls and cure cancer and these tossheads would refuse to get over the 2006 NFL draft.

In their little bubble Orangeblood world, VY is the sun whose rising we await each day. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge His brilliance does not deserve His warmth! His glow! His excellence!

I know I am not supposed to use this word, but Fu** those mother****ing piece of shit FAKE fans in their Titans 10 jerseys who used the Oilers as an excuse to root for VY and that traitorous organization. **** you all! You have no right to EVER claim the Oilers as your own when you only did so because you didn't have the balls to admit then what you admit now!

It was never about the name on the front and always about the name on the back of the jersey. Frauds, all of you. Stick to Saturday football watching and let us real NFL fans have our Sundays unencumbered from your patethic, teenage mancrushes.

houstonspartan
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Is Mattress Max gonna take out a full page ad in the Chronicle apologizing for the crap he pulled in 2006?

What did Mattress Mack do in 2006?

Mailman
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
What did Mattress Mack do in 2006?

Spent a small fortune on a huge full page ad in the Chron imploring the Texans to draft Vince Young.

Honoring Earl 34
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM

In the NSZ , I've stated what I think certain phrases actually mean . I think Houston sports radio has the same stuff like Schaub is not an athlete , he's soft , he can't win the big one , he can't put the team on his back . Who do you think they're comparing Matt to ?

GP
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Spent a small fortune on a huge full page ad in the Chron imploring the Texans to draft Vince Young.

Didn't he also pull some sponsoring dollars or ads or something?

Seems I remember he got mad, when we didn't draft him, and he took his toys and went to play somewhere else.

The1ApplePie
01-06-2011, 02:34 PM

No crap.

Should have been Ngata:pissed:

chicagotexan2
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM

That's right. I forgot about that. I wish I'd kept it because I can't find it online.

houstonspartan
01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
No matter the result, Mario Williams and Matt Schaub could team up to win five Super Bowls and cure cancer and these tossheads would refuse to get over the 2006 NFL draft.

Yep. I've always said the same thing. Matt Schab could win multiple Super Bowls, cure cancer, fix the economy, create famine relief for starving kids in Africa, repair the hole in the Ozone and win the Nobel Prize and people would STILL say he hasn't done enough as Vince Young.

The problem isn't Young per se, it's his fans.

Buffi2
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Didn't he also pull some sponsoring dollars or ads or something?

Seems I remember he got mad, when we didn't draft him, and he took his toys and went to play somewhere else.

There was a Gallery Furniture Gate at Reliant once upon a time - Mattress Mack pulled whatever it is one pulls to no longer have a gate named after one's business. He was one pi**ed off dude.

As to Vince, maybe this little episode will help him grow up. Talent isn't his problem, Maturity is....maybe more brain power would help also.

houstonspartan
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
There was a Gallery Furniture Gate at Reliant once upon a time - Mattress Mack pulled whatever it is one pulls to no longer have a gate named after one's business. He was one pi**ed off dude.

As to Vince, maybe this little episode will help him grow up. Talent isn't his problem, Maturity is....maybe more brain power would help also.

Hmm. I'm fairly certain that during the U2 Concert last year, I walked up the "Gallery Furniture Ramp" (yep, even the ramps are named).

infantrycak
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
And now Dickie Justice wants the Texans to sign VY actually even trade for him. Not happening and just Dick being dick again.

Hookem Horns
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Welp, the great debate is over.

The Texans made the right choice.

True, however that is not saying a ton. Many of the 1st round picks that season are either not with their original teams now or will not be next season.

VY out
Reggie Bust likely out next season
Matt Leinhart out
AJ Hawk out
Jay Cutler out
Bobby Carpenter out
Santonio Holmes out
Kamerion Wimbley out

At least Mario is still a contributor to the Texans. Unfortunately he just can't stay healthy and has only had 1 real solid season so far.

ChampionTexan
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
True, however that is not saying a ton. Many of the 1st round picks that season are either not with their original teams now or will not be next season.

VY out
Matt Leinhart out
AJ Hawk out
Jay Cutler out
Bobby Carpenter out
Santonio Holmes out
Kamerion Wimbley out

At least Mario is still a contributor to the Texans. Unfortunately he just can't stay healthy and has only had 1 real solid season so far.

Not sure I agree with you on Reggie Bush likely being out next season (although that doesn't mean he would have been a better pick).

Also, Hawk started 15 games for the Packers this year, so again, he may not be everything they hoped, but he's still there.

False Start
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Here (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3820173.html) is the link to the story in the Chronic. :mariopalm:

Jackie Chiles
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM

VY out
Matt Leinhart out
AJ Hawk out
Jay Cutler out
Bobby Carpenter out
Santonio Holmes out
Kamerion Wimbley out

Ernie Sims, Tye Hill, Jason Allen, and Laruence Maroney as well. Donte Whitner, Manny Lawson, and John McCargo look to be on their way out very soon. 2006 looked like such a talented draft too. I wonder if this is norm with so many players not on their original teams 4-5 years later.

Hookem Horns
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Not sure I agree with you on Reggie Bush likely being out next season (although that doesn't mean he would have been a better pick).

Did you see the astonomical number the Saints would have to kick in to keep him? I can't remember where I saw that however the gist is the Saints would have to way overpay for what they are getting out of him. The word is the Saints are going to let him walk.

Basically what that means is he was way overhyped and a bust for being the 2nd overall pick. If he were a 2nd rounder that would be a different story.

The1ApplePie
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Did you see the astonomical number the Saints have to kick in if he stays? I can't remember where I saw that however the gist is the Saints would have to way overpay for what they are getting out of him. The word is the Saints are going to let him walk.

Sweet.

I would love to have my boy Reggie here (even if I am the only one).

AJ/Foster/Bush/Schaub would be entertaining if nothing else.

Marcus
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Yep. I've always said the same thing. Matt Schab could win multiple Super Bowls, cure cancer, fix the economy, create famine relief for starving kids in Africa, repair the hole in the Ozone and win the Nobel Prize and people would STILL say he hasn't done enough as Vince Young.

The problem isn't Young per se, it's his fans.

This.

I've never hated a football player more than Vince Young. Nothing personal agaisnt Vince himself, but because of the way his fans have acted, I want him to fail in the worst way, and I still hope he does.

Vince's rabid fans wonder why there is so much vitrolic hate against Vince.

They have NOBODY to blame but themselves.

As for where Vince goes now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's blackballed. The NFL coaching community is a pretty tight-knit group. Any team considering taking a flyer on Vince is going to drill Fisher and his staff as to what his problems are. If he can't call plays in the huddle as has been reported, that's pretty serious.

You might get a second chance in the NFL if you kill dogs, but finding a team to "let Vince be Vince", not likely.

GP
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
This.

I've never hated a football player more than Vince Young. Nothing personal agaisnt Vince himself, but because of the way his fans have acted, I want him to fail in the worst way, and I still hope he does.

Vince's rabid fans wonder why there is so much vitrolic hate against Vince.

They have NOBODY to blame but themselves.

As for where Vince goes now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's blackballed. The NFL coaching community is a pretty tight-knit group. Any team considering taking a flyer on Vince is going to drill Fisher and his staff as to what his problems are. If he can't call plays in the huddle as has been reported, that's pretty serious.

You might get a second chance in the NFL if you kill dogs, but finding a team to "let Vince be Vince", not likely.

Blackballed, you say? :mariopalm:

Anywho, he'll always have a job in the Arena League. Run and gun, just create like it's back at UT. Then some sucker GM and HC in the NFL will think he's capable...and BAM! he's back again.

Someone, somwehere, is always going to try and turn a broken player around. Carr has found three suckers (Panthers, Giants, and 9ers). THREE.

JPPT1974
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Well VY had so many opportunities that the team has given him. And really he didn't take advantage of them. So, good luck VY. Hope you can find a better team to your advantage! He is best better as a backup!

infantrycak
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Did you see the astonomical number the Saints would have to kick in to keep him? I can't remember where I saw that however the gist is the Saints would have to way overpay for what they are getting out of him. The word is the Saints are going to let him walk.

Basically what that means is he was way overhyped and a bust for being the 2nd overall pick. If he were a 2nd rounder that would be a different story.

He is due $11.8 mil if he stays with the Saints next year. They are going to have to rely on him as a RB in the playoffs and that will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see a contract extension announced where he gets something like 5 years 25 mil - something that gives him more money but they aren't paying 12 mil in a year.