PDA

View Full Version : I've never been critical of Bob McNair, but...

Rey
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I was listening to sportsradio 610 and they were playing snippets from an interview he did today...

He basically threw the coaches he fired under the bus saying that they gave bad advice.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but who the hell has the final say over there regarding football decisions?

If I am the manager of a project, sure I listen to what my employees are saying, but ultimately it is me who has to make the final decisions.

He also said that he though Kubiak had a good seeason.

I understand trying to support your head coach, but that is just ridiculous....IMO...

Anyways, Winston is on right now if you guys wanna listen...http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.10477&station=63

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n7RltmTdk-g/TKidVWJXB0I/AAAAAAAAWeY/GMzBFq0Er7o/s1600/scapegoat.jpg

infantrycak
01-04-2011, 05:16 PM
OK can somebody lay out the rules for coach and owner speak other than "criticize everything Kubiak and McNair do?" They take it on themselves and people *****. Now they answer a direct question about the young secondary and say they made a mistake based on advice of the team's experts on that particular position and that's wrong too. If they made the decision over the advice of the position coaches people would be howling about the owner and an offensive guy overruling their experts.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
OK can somebody lay out the rules for coach and owner speak other than "criticize everything Kubiak and McNair do?" They take it on themselves and people *****. Now they answer a direct question about the young secondary and say they made a mistake based on advice of the team's experts on that particular position and that's wrong too. If they made the decision over the advice of the position coaches people would be howling about the owner and an offensive guy overruling their experts.

Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperienced corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.

Double Barrel
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Kubiak had a "good season"? What a doofus. Seriously. 6-10 is crap, garbage, and this is his standard for "good season"??

All those "almost wons" and $5 gets you a latte at Starbucks.

Comparing this owner and staff with successful franchises reveals fundamental flaws that are not conducive to putting a winning product on the field.

I was a fan of the Oilers and hated Bud Adams, as is the case for many Houston football fans. So it is that we arrive full circle. Our owner is a joke, and those of you not laughing just refuse to see the punchline.

I guess I need to turn in my membership card for the Super Duper Über-Fan Club. I'm just a cynical fan these days.

infantrycak
01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperience corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.

The McNair clip said they interviewed several veteran corners but were advised by the position coaches the vets weren't needed and so they went with that. He admitted it was a mistake to do so. So beyond the all responsibility goes to the top position the decision was basically made by the position coaches.

Wolf
01-04-2011, 05:40 PM
"because good coaching is underrated"

signed
Jacques Reeves (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77883&highlight=Reeves)

BullNation4Life
01-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperienced corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.

I would venture to guess it was Gibbs that made the suggestion to go with young corners. He had done the same thing in KC and had some success in doing so, so I would bet dollars to donuts he told McNair and Kubiak he could do the same thing here and it blew up in his face...

just thinking...

mussop
01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Kubiak had a "good season"? What a doofus. Seriously. 6-10 is crap, garbage, and this is his standard for "good season"??

Comparing this owner and staff with successful franchises reveals fundamental flaws that are not conducive to putting a winning product on the field.

I was a fan of the Oilers and hated Bud Adams, as is the case for many Houston football fans. So it is that we arrive full circle. Our owner is a joke, and those of you not laughing just refuse to see the punchline.

I guess I need to turn in my membership card for the Super Duper Über-Fan Club. I'm just a cynical fan these days.

Yeh in a radio interview the reporter asked Gary how he felt about this train wreck of a season and Gary immediately responds "well in dont know about train wreck, we had alot of things go wrong blablabalablabalabla".

Really Gary, really? You dont consider this season a train wreck? This is the guy that is giong to take us to the promise land? :scarygirl:

J_R
01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeh in a radio interview the reporter asked Gary how he felt about this train wreck of a season and Gary immediately responds "well in dont know about train wreck, we had alot of things go wrong blablabalablabalabla".

Really Gary, really? You dont consider this season a train wreck? This is the guy that is giong to take us to the promise land? :scarygirl:

Ha, he was also asked why he didnt make a change in-season at DC. His response: "I didnt think one was necessary then."

And now you think one is? Ha. :smiliepalm:

Wolf
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I think he said it was multiple problems and not just one coach is why Bush wasn't fired in the middle of the season

question is.. who would have been good enough on the staff to bump up in the middle of the season?

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Bolded

Starting with the "on the right track comments." Now he is saying that no one complained about the coach last year when he did a god job at 9-7..false. He also said on Bob Allen that the work stoppage had nothing to do with a hire and then said it did. The guy just shouldn't open his mouth. He is like a little kid at the circus oooing and ahhinh about almost wins. Seriously, he is clueless.

This interview floors me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d7517b/article/texans-owner-mcnair-says-bad-year-will-make-kubiak-better?module=HP_headlines

Dishman
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM

What does it matter? The DC was fired, all else is forgotten now! When have the Texans ever been straight-forward about, well, anything?

ob·fus·cate
   /ˈɒbfəˌskeɪt, ɒbˈfʌskeɪt/ Show Spelled[ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object),-cat·ed, -cat·ing.
to confuse, bewilder, or stupify.
to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.
to darken.

Dishman
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I think he said it was multiple problems and not just one coach is why Bush wasn't fired in the middle of the season

question is.. who would have been good enough on the staff to bump up in the middle of the season?

Hmm, seeing as how we just hired Wade Phillips, maybe he should have just been hired after being fired from Dallas?? I'm not sure I see the downside of having done that. Why bump someone from the existing staff? They should have just cut the cord way-back-when.

Wolf
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
are some of y'all new fans of the Texans or ever listened to a press conference?

save y'all a little trouble.(it has basically been the same thing for 9 years) . as frustrating as it is the Texans are very PC and they really don't say anything bad about anyone ..

early in the season, I was frustrated with the same weekly talk, but late in the season, I have accepted the fact that they aren't going to say anything

Wolf
01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Hmm, seeing as how we just hired Wade Phillips, maybe he should have just been hired after being fired from Dallas?? I'm not sure I see the downside of having done that. Why bump someone from the existing staff? They should have just cut the cord way-back-when.

I thought so too after a few weeks but that just doesn't happen

the kids gotta have time to learn before they play on gameday

:whip::texanbill:

Rey
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
are some of y'all new fans of the Texans or ever listened to a press conference?

save y'all a little trouble.(it has basically been the same thing for 9 years) . as frustrating as it is the Texans are very PC and they really don't say anything bad about anyone ..

early in the season, I was frustrated with the same weekly talk, but late in the season, I have accepted the fact that they aren't going to say anything

He sure didn't mind throwing his ex coaches under the bus at the expense of Kubiak...

I mean really? It's just laughable...really it is...

Kubiak is the head man in charge and he blames the position coaches for the decision to go young???? Really???

LMAOOOOOO!!!

That's like upper management going straight to an assembly line worker and dismissing the fact that he has managers and supervisors over seeing the departments....

Kubiak is ultimately in charge...Who cares if they suggested it.....Kubiak and Crew obviously ok'ed it....

JB
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
He sure didn't mind throwing his ex coaches under the bus at the expense of Kubiak...

I mean really? It's just laughable...really it is...

Kubiak is the head man in charge and he blames the position coaches for the decision to go young???? Really???

LMAOOOOOO!!!

That's like upper management going straight to an assembly line worker and dismissing the fact that he has managers and supervisors over seeing the departments....

Kubiak is ultimately in charge...Who cares if they suggested it.....Kubiak and Crew obviously ok'ed it....

No, it's more like a manager going to his experts for advice and then following it. It happens in business every day, but whatever...

Rey
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
No, it's more like a manager going to his experts for advice and then following it. It happens in business every day, but whatever...

How do you draw that comparison?

The assistant coaches are "experts" on what players to keep????

And what is Kubiak?

I'm sorry, but I can't see any credible head coach following his assistants advice and not having a mind of his own...

McNair said they received bad advice from the assistant coaches that they were ok going with the personnel they went with...

I don't think that should matter one bit....Part of being the lead is telling your employees that you appreciate their advice but it's best to go in a different direction. If you decide to follow your employees advice that means you thought it was a pretty good idea too...

If you follow an "experts" advice that usually means you have no clue about the area of their expertise...That's why you would call an expert JB...

But whatever...Kubiak is here for another year, and I will root him on no matter what....I am a Texans fan and will be one until they leave or I die...

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
"because good coaching is underrated"

signed
Jacques Reeves (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77883&highlight=Reeves)

He's right. That's why his SORRY ass is still on the street.

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
BTW...Kubiak is gone if the Texans don't make the playoffs. Take it for what it's worth.

McNair made the Phillips hire. PERIOD.

Textan
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Excellent post. It's as if this franchise accepts mediocre and failure as good enough.
True fans get angry and disillusioned with attitudes and decisions such as these.
The franchise as a whole has lost a ton of respect. Sure, I'll still watch and hope they win, but not with rose colored glasses on.

michaelm
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Excellent post. It's as if this franchise accepts mediocre and failure as good enough.
True fans get angry and disillusioned with attitudes and decisions such as these.
The franchise as a whole has lost a ton of respect. Sure, I'll still watch and hope they win, but not with rose colored glasses on.

Welcome to Texans Talk, Textan.
You've chosen one of the worst times in Texans history to join the MB, but welcome just the same!

Hervoyel
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
McNair is a child in the NFL world and what's worse, he's a slow child.

I feel like that guy in the joke about him crying on his 20th wedding anniversary (shotgun wedding, threatened with jail time) and saying "I'd be getting out today".

Bud Adams is going to die and Houstonians will be stuck with this dipstick short-bus lifetime-noob owner for another 20-30 years. We'd have been better off if we'd just given Bud whatever he wanted and out-lived him.

Texanmike02
01-05-2011, 05:21 PM

And what is Kubiak?

I'm sorry, but I can't see any credible head coach following his assistants advice and not having a mind of his own...

McNair said they received bad advice from the assistant coaches that they were ok going with the personnel they went with...

I don't think that should matter one bit....Part of being the lead is telling your employees that you appreciate their advice but it's best to go in a different direction. If you decide to follow your employees advice that means you thought it was a pretty good idea too...

If you follow an "experts" advice that usually means you have no clue about the area of their expertise...That's why you would call an expert JB...

But whatever...Kubiak is here for another year, and I will root him on no matter what....I am a Texans fan and will be one until they leave or I die...

Actually, wait. Do you consider Gary to be an expert on defensive backs? What about Mcnair? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Mcnair doesn't do everything the right way. But he is letting football people make football decisions. Now you've got to have good football people doing it for it to pay off.. but between Kubiak and Phillips, I think you've got good people making a decision.

Anyone hear ND talk about Andy Reid and Jimmy Johnson while he was an Eagle? He said in 6 years there he might have talked to Reid 4 times. That the two sides were almost like two different teams. Maybe this is more like GK is the OC and WP is the DC we just don't recognize it yet.

Mike

Rey
01-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Actually, wait. Do you consider Gary to be an expert on defensive backs? What about Mcnair? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Mcnair doesn't do everything the right way. But he is letting football people make football decisions. Now you've got to have good football people doing it for it to pay off.. but between Kubiak and Phillips, I think you've got good people making a decision.

Anyone hear ND talk about Andy Reid and Jimmy Johnson while he was an Eagle? He said in 6 years there he might have talked to Reid 4 times. That the two sides were almost like two different teams. Maybe this is more like GK is the OC and WP is the DC we just don't recognize it yet.

Mike

I've already recognized it...

Wade is going to probably have complete control of the defense...I think McNair has even said something to that effect...

My only point with the thread is that McNair threw the people he fired under the bus and said Kubiak had a "good" season...

Why not acknowledge the fact that Kubiak did not perform as well as he should have?

It makes me question him and his football decisions...I've never done that before...

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt, but now that I think about it, I really had no reason to do so...

He originally wanted to bring an NHL team to the city...Maybe football isn't something he's as passionate about or maybe he's just not that knowledgeable and has made/is making a lot of mistakes...

Nothing that McNair has done has screamed to me "that man knows what he's doing"....

I fear he may be making another mistake here...I hope that he isn't....

Grams
01-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I've already recognized it...

Wade is going to probably have complete control of the defense...I think McNair has even said something to that effect...

My only point with the thread is that McNair threw the people he fired under the bus and said Kubiak had a "good" season...

Why not acknowledge the fact that Kubiak did not perform as well as he should have?

It makes me question him and his football decisions...I've never done that before...

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt, but now that I think about it, I really had no reason to do so...

He originally wanted to bring an NHL team to the city...Maybe football isn't something he's as passionate about or maybe he's just not that knowledgeable and has made/is making a lot of mistakes...

Nothing that McNair has done has screamed to me "that man knows what he's doing"....

I fear he may be making another mistake here...I hope that he isn't....

me too

JB
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM

And what is Kubiak?

Yeah, the defensive coaches should be experts in what defensive players to keep. That's why they were hired in the first place. Now maybe Smith & McNair should not have bitten into their spin quite so hard, but we all know that Kubiak is not a defensive guy, and McNair is not a football guy. I lay this on Rick Smith, as he is supposed to be a personnel evaluator extrodanaire with a specialty in defensive secondary.

If the experts you hire recommend it, and the top talent evaluator endorses it, why would Kubiak and McNair over rule them?

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
BTW...Kubiak is gone if the Texans don't make the playoffs. Take it for what it's worth.

McNair made the Phillips hire. PERIOD.

Nah, some other excuse will come out. They are running out of excuses, though.

ThaShark316
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Nah, some other excuse will come out. They are running out of excuses, though.

That's my point. what can you say next year? Excuses are done for.

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
That's my point. what can you say next year? Excuses are done for.

That's what I thought this year though. Something will happen next year and that something will give Kubiak another year.

thunderkyss
01-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Our corners weren't great. But I don't think they were far from middle of the road.. when compared to other NFL teams. I think it's extremely naive to believe going young with the corners was the single biggest reason our pass coverage was so bad. Our Safeties.... old, wise, veteran safeties played worse than our cornerbacks, neither showing they were talented enough to do their job in coverage, much less cover up mistakes made by the CBs & LBs.... our LBs were hideous in coverage & tackling. Those screens against Denver, when anybody & everybody ran free through the middle of the field, with & without the ball.... extremely similar to what happened against Washington & every game in between, is all the evidence you need to justify firing Johnny Holland.

I'm upset, just as upset as anyone that the buck seemingly has stopped with them, I believe more heads should have rolled. But the DB coach, LB coach, the DC, & any defensive assistant are definitely good starting points.

New England went with young corners, KC went with young corners, Baltimore went with young corners, last year, Indy got to the Super Bowl with rookie corners....... though it may have been a bad decision, I think it's only bad, because of the pathetic play around them.

Brisco_County
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Coaches and owners will never be as transparent about things as fans and media demand, and honestly, that's usually a good thing.

thunderkyss
01-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Personally, I would have asked for a link, before I responded to McNair's words. He may very well have said it, but If I didn't hear it's kinda premature to call someone a doofus...

I think.
:kitten:

thunderkyss
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM

All respect to Mr. Ray Rhodes & everything, but sooner or later, you reach that point where you've got to do what you've got to do.

If the man is going to collect a paycheck, & he continues to collect one to this day..... somebody should have been fired Mid season.

I blame the LBs for the majority of our woes... Fire Jonny Holland in November, Frank Bush could double up in that role. If you blame the DBs... can his ass some time in November & tell Ray to suck it up.

If you felt the DC needed to be replaced ASAP, fire Bush, make Ray step it up........ heck we obviously had a DC assistant or something that also got fired. We could have fired his ass to send a message in October.

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:03 PM
If the experts you hire recommend it, and the top talent evaluator endorses it, why would Kubiak and McNair over rule them?

JB...

Do you think Belichick or any other coach or front office worth their salt is going to make personnel decisions based on what position coaches are suggesting, and then pin that decision on them if it doesn't work out????

Give me a break with that....

Sorry, but McNair is doing some spindle top spinning here...

Pinning that decision on the position coaches? Really JB...Really????

Any Head coach or GM that is worth anything is going to make the final decision.

Doesn't matter if the position coach suggested it. Somebody had to OK the decision.

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Personally, I would have asked for a link, before I responded to McNair's words. He may very well have said it, but If I didn't hear it's kinda premature to call someone a doofus...

I think.

It's probably on the sports radio 610 podcast by now...

I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one to hear the interview on the MB...

JB
01-05-2011, 07:07 PM
JB...

Do you think Belichick or any other coach or front office worth their salt is going to make personnel decisions based on what position coaches are suggesting, and then pin that decision on them if it doesn't work out????

Give me a break with that....

Sorry, but McNair is doing some spindle top spinning here...

Pinning that decision on the position coaches? Really JB...Really????

Any Head coach or GM that is worth anything is going to make the final decision.

Doesn't matter if the position coach suggested it. Somebody had to OK the decision.

I agree that somebody had to OK the decision. The only person qualified to do that in the Texans organization was Rick Smith. Right or wrong, can you really say that Kubiak or McNair is qualified to evaluate defensive backs?

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I agree that somebody had to OK the decision. The only person qualified to do that in the Texans organization was Rick Smith. Right or wrong, can you really say that Kubiak or McNair is qualified to evaluate defensive backs?

Kubiak shouldn't be a head coach then. If he was told, "we're good if we go young in the secondary", and Kubiak was even a little skeptical about it, he should have shot down the decision and kept some veterans back there. He's the boss. Instead, he looks like a chump who is now placing blame on the assistants he hired himself. That's what the buddy system does.

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM

McNair? No...

Kubiak? He should know better....

Between he and Rick Smith, someone should have said no to that notion.

I just cannot fathom a successful franchise where personnel decisions are being made by position coaches...

That just makes me LOL...

JB
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
McNair? No...

Kubiak? He should know better....

Between he and Rick Smith, someone should have said no to that notion.

I just cannot fathom a successful franchise where personnel decisions are being made by position coaches...

That jus tmakes me LOL...

I totally undertand it making you feel sick, but that is the facts of the Texans organization. And while I agree that Kubiak should have been held accountable, I place most of the blame squarely on Rick Smith.

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:18 PM

I think.

Here's your link. (http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/bob-mcnairs-exclusive-interview-with-marc-and-john-1511/)

At about the 4:50 mark he talks about how the defensive coaches thought it was a good decision to go young back there and "we went with it"...

I think he talks about Kubiak doing a "good" job towards the end of the interview...

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
By the way RE: JB's sig???

GP, WTF????

JB
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Here's your link. (http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/bob-mcnairs-exclusive-interview-with-marc-and-john-1511/)

At about the 4:50 mark he talks about how the defensive coaches thought it was a good decision to go young back there and "we went with it"...

I think he talks about Kubiak doing a "good" job towards the end of the interview...

I also recall him mentioning that Kubiak did a "good" job

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM

GP, WTF????

The entire GP quote:

I just don't think he has the "it" factor. What's going to really really make me angry, is if he and Wade Phillips somehow DO end up becoming a dynamic duo and go deep into the 2011 playoffs. This will mean that somewhere, somehow, within the Texans organization the ball was dropped BIG TIME because all we needed as a solid d-coord out there the whole time. This, IMO, will somewhat (potentially, since it's a stretch to say this will happen) exonerate Kubiak and therefore put more blame on an owner and GM who should have told Kubiak to mind his business with the offense and that they (owner and GM) would get him a d-coord. In short: It could be perceived that the top of the food chain is responsible for our woes and poor old Gurry Kubiak was only treading water in the sea of someone else's incompetence.

HOWEVER......

This is all based on the Texans finally doing what they have never done before, which is to put it all together and sustain their efforts for an entire four quarters of football over an entire 16-game season.

I have to say that I still would have my doubts. I think I wouldn't admit to anything positive about 2011 until we are through with the reg season and talking about our playoff opponent a year from this day. Until that day comes, nothing the Texans do can sway me to believe that things are "better."

It might "feel" better. But feelings are fleeting. I know, because I remember how I "felt" after week 1 of this season. That feeling faded over the remainder of the season. The signs were there, but the high of week 1 was too strong. Weeks 2, 3, and 4 a lot of us poo-poo'd the signs that were there, and some of us were screaming it from the rooftops trying to warn us.

JB with the manipulation tactic. ;)

Texan_Bill
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
:user: Here's what needs to happen. First, everyone within the Texans organization needs to be fired (this plan includes Alto Gary). Second the Texans (or McNair) needs to hire all the proven, experienced braniacs we have on this message board!!!

Problem sol-ved!!!

:clap:

Rey
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
:user: Here's what needs to happen. First, everyone within the Texans organization needs to be fired (this plan includes Alto Gary). Second the Texans (or McNair) needs to hire all the proven, experienced braniacs we have on this message board!!!

Problem sol-ved!!!

LOL...

Honestly TB, we'd probably do a better job...

What they have been doing in the past sure hasn't gotten it done...:heart::bubbles::bubbles::kitten:

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Problem sol-ved!!!

I'll be in charge of the cheerleaders...

JB
01-05-2011, 07:36 PM
The entire GP quote:

JB with the manipulation tactic. ;)

Manipulation tactic? Really? Who exactly am I manipulating?

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Manipulation tactic? Really? Who exactly am I manipulating?

It was a joke man. Hence the smiley.

JB
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
It was a joke man. Hence the smiley.

:doh: :facepalm:

Sorry, I didn't even notice the smiley.

HoustonFrog
01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm just excited to post Travis Rodgers podcast from today where he destroys McNair and his way of thinking and then goes off on his ox in a ditch comparison. So spot on and funny. Please go back to not talking Bob.

Doppelganger
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
McNair is a child in the NFL world and what's worse, he's a slow child.

I feel like that guy in the joke about him crying on his 20th wedding anniversary (shotgun wedding, threatened with jail time) and saying "I'd be getting out today".

Bud Adams is going to die and Houstonians will be stuck with this dipstick short-bus lifetime-noob owner for another 20-30 years. We'd have been better off if we'd just given Bud whatever he wanted and out-lived him.

http://i.imgur.com/zFxvG.gif

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs224.ash2/50286_119512601397937_5241488_n.jpg

Bart: So, what are you in for?
Gordy: I moved here from Canada, and they think I'm slow, eh?

GP
01-05-2011, 08:55 PM

GP, WTF????

Yeah, I cover this over in the "Cleetus Officially D-Coord Now" thread.

Basically, it's an old dipstick trying to misrepresent what I said.

It's message board libel, but he doesn't care. He's not quick enough to create something unique, just slow enough to copy & paste and think he's a big man about it. Big boy pants.

LOL.

People will see it for what it's truly worth. That's the good thing about this place, they keep score and they know what's up and what's not. In the end, he's only bringing himself down a peg.

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I cover this over in the "Cleetus Officially D-Coord Now" thread.

Basically, it's an old dipstick trying to misrepresent what I said.

It's message board libel, but he doesn't care. He's not quick enough to create something unique, just slow enough to copy & paste and think he's a big man about it. Big boy pants.

LOL.

People will see it for what it's truly worth. That's the good thing about this place, they keep score and they know what's up and what's not. In the end, he's only bringing himself down a peg.

All people have to do is click on the blue triangle to go straight to your entire post in that thread.

JB
01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
All people have to do is click on the blue triangle to go straight to your entire post in that thread.

Shhh! I'm trying to misrepresent remember? ;)

GuerillaBlack
01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Shhh! I'm trying to misrepresent remember? ;)

If you really wanted to misrepresent, you could remove the blue triangle. Just delete the numbers and semicolon after his name.

JB
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
If you really wanted to misrepresent, you could remove the blue triangle. Just delete the numbers and semicolon after his name.

Yeah, but I'm not. I really thought it was a sig worthy statement...

along the lines of a prediction.

EllisUnit
01-05-2011, 10:43 PM

wish i could find the article, but it said it was rick smiths choice to go with our kiddie secondary..... i'm not suprised.

Double Barrel
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM

I think.

If this was Boob McNair the Cleveland Browns owner making these exact same decisions and statements, and we were on the outside looking in, I have little doubt that 'doofus' would be an apt description for such a goofy perspective that 6-10 is a good year for a head coach.

I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt with a homer discount. I call it like I see it, and regardless if people agree with me or not, I'm going to state my perspective and in my mind, I'm right. :D