View Full Version : What should fans expect this season?
06-13-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't live in Houston, but I am a huge fan. Just curious, for other out of city/state fans, what should we expect? Maybe in city/state fans want to know too.
Improvement. thats all I expect. If ya go into every season expecting a certain number, or to go so far in the playoffs, or to win a superbowl.. you are gonna get disappointed alot. I want to stay a fan for years to come.. so I keep my expectations low. That way when we do great im having a great time.. and when we do bad, i can always see the silver lining.
so.. even if we go 1-15.. if we show alot of improvement over last season.. and just get some unlucky breaks.. ill still be happy.
im hoping for the superbowl though :).
06-13-2004, 11:25 PM
I want 15 and 1
I will be happy with winning our first game
06-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Im expecting at least an 8-8 finish without the injuries suffered to our team last year. But I think we have chance of going 10-6 and making a play-off push, we have just improved in so many areas this offseason, its really exciting. :jumpbanan
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Now what was this thread about again? Expectations?
Here's what I think I "should" expect this season.
I expect the Texans to win more games than they did last season. I expect them to play better on both sides of the ball. I expect to see them win two games in a row for the first time and I expect them to come out on the winning side of a few more of those "nail biters" than they did in their first two seasons due to having better players with more experience than they had previously.
If numbers are a requirement then I expect to be witness to at least 7 wins this year, and quite possibly more than that. I expect that this season the Texans will turn something of a corner. They're as deep as anyone else (with a handful of exceptions) and have a young team well sprinkled with veterans.
In short this season I expect them to take it to every single team they play with no excuses (not that they've ever used an "excuse" even when they had good ones). Certainly they won't beat them all but I expect them to be be at least as competitive as they've been in their first two seasons with more results to show when they're done.
06-14-2004, 02:54 PM
I expect to see back to back wins this season and at least 2 more wins than last season. This should be expected because of the major upgrades made with the only excuse as an exception being injuries.....injuries can bring down even the best teams.
06-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I expect two wins in a row, even a three game win streak. I also expect Carr having a few games with multiple TD passes, I expect a .500 showing against our division rivals. I also expect to win more home games, I expect to see a player on our defense with 10 + sacks.
06-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Id like to see Domanick Davis with over 1700 rushing yards and at least 500 recieving. Id like to see Andre Johnson with more than 1100 recieving. id like to have a defensive player with more than 8 sacks and more than 8 ints.(not the same player, but directed at the rookies).Id also like to see Davis Carr have over 20 TD and less than 10 ints, to go with his 3500 passing yards. On a special request, id like to see Sloane Thomas emerge as a reliable second reciever and have over 500 recieving yards.
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Obviously you would like the see the team win more but realistically I'd be happy to see improvement across the board. I'd like to see David Carr play a whole season this year and I want to see him do well this year, show the fans something to look forward to. Considering the injuries we had on our team, I think we'll be much improved but we still have a lot of young players on both sides of the ball. I know Dunta Robinson will have his moments but he will make a lot of mistakes too, it's just part of the deal. I just want to see us play hard, play smart, and show improvement.
06-15-2004, 10:46 AM
I expect Palmer to open up the offense. I think Palmer is not a good fit for this team
06-15-2004, 11:43 AM
I "expect" us to work hard, compete in every game and show improvement. I would "like" to see us with a .500 record or better. I also expect to see the offensive line to gel by the end of they year and for us to be in positon to make a serious playoff run in 2005 with one more good draft. It takes about 4 years of drafting to fill 22 starters and 22 reserves with NFL quality players.
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Here are my goals for this season:
1. Win a minimum of 7 games.
2. Carr to have more TD's than INT's, AND Carr to have more TD's than INT's in the 4th quarter.
3. The combination of D.D. and Hollings to equal 1400+ rushing yards. Hopefully the YPC will exceed 4.5 also.
4. A.J. to have a 1000 yard season.
5. The team to double its sack output from last season. Babin to have at least 7 sacks too.
6. The defense finish in the top half of the league.
7. The offense to finish 22nd or better statistically.
06-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I wear the "steel blue, battle red glasses" and love being optimistic, and sadistically love getting my heart torn out when we lose (go figure). However I don't feel these expectations are unrealistic:
1. The defense will be surprisingly tough. I expect sack totals to jump, the D getting turnovers, and causing mistakes and making teams earn their yardage (with fewer penalities).
2. The O line will be consistent and sufficient to provide Carr's protection, and Davis some fine holes from week to week.
3. I doubt we will lead the league in injuries two years in a row, and so I expect fewer injuries - which will be huge.
4. Having Davis starting all year, I expect 1,200 yards rushing from him, and some "home run" runs by Hollings.
5. Because the running game will be consistent, our QB in his 3rd year, chemistry forming between him and his recievers, and better line - the passing game will be greatly improved. AJ and Carr, I expect will have a great year!
6. I expect this season we will see 2 and 3 game win streaks - and furthermore, I expect this monkey will get off our backs in the first 2 games of the season (SD, and Detroit).
7. Because of the improvement on both sides of the ball, the consistency of our special teams in the past 2 years, apparently a lighter schedule, I believe we can expect 8 to 10 wins. I qualify the "8" becasue of the level of competition in the NFL. Personally I expect 10 wins and a play off run.
06-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I expect two wins in a row, even a three game win streak. .
That's something I've been thinking about for a while now. I believe that when the Texans finally do win their first back to back games they will proceed to win a third. I think they will get that third win because there will be so much attention on them finally winning two in a row that it will spill over and they'll get the third right away. I can already see the newspaper articles. "It took the Texans more than two years to win back to back games but just another week to make it three in a row".
In fact I'm sure of it. That's my preseason prediction that I'm sure of. Last year I was positive the Texans would beat Miami over a month before the season started and this year I am positive that they will win three in a row.
I'm also certain that we win our opener against San Diego. Absolutely positive.
06-15-2004, 01:39 PM
It's good to know we have our own in-house swami :). I really hope you're right about getting our first win-streak. I expect:
1. Babin to have 5+ sacks
2. The O-line to perform like a well oiled machine by the end of the year
3. Wand to step up as our new LT, and Pitts to dominate at LG
4. Davis to run for 1200 yds, Hollings to run for 200+ with no inhibitions
5. Carr to have 15+ tds, < 8 interceptions. Better clutch game management
6. AJ to have 1000+ yds
7. 8-10 wins depending on injuries
8. Our first 2 game win streak
9. Dunta Robinson will impress with his tackling and reel in 2+ ints.
I expect the Texans to beat the Titans at least once...
06-16-2004, 02:57 PM
This year is the beginning of the end for the Titans who are in cap hall and for the Colts who in a couple of years will only have Peyton Manning left on their roster because of his salary. This year is the year the Texans and Jags will start to rise in the AFC South...
06-16-2004, 03:06 PM
The Texans should and will make the playoffs, even if its just the wild card. I counted up the games that were barely lost and it added up to around 4-5 more wins this past season. With major editions to the Texans, they are a playoff team thats ready to make their own run to the superbowl.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.