PDA

View Full Version : what is Arian Foster's contract status next yr

ToxicButt
01-04-2011, 12:51 AM
is he under contract?

how about after next year.

Mixgosu
01-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if Kubiak will let him go, he wasn't one of "his" guys and was forced to let him play.

michaelm
01-04-2011, 12:54 AM
is he under contract?

Going totally from memory, I think he is under contract through next year.
I could be mistaken.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2011, 12:55 AM
is he under contract?

Exclusive-rights free agents

Exclusive-rights free agents are players who have completed fewer than three "accrued seasons" of service whose contracts have expired.[1] An accrued season consists of a player being on a team's active/inactive roster, or reserved-injured or "physically unable to perform" lists for at least six weeks of a season. If the franchise makes a "qualifying offer" (a contract at a salary level based on the player's tenure as predetermined by the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players' union) the player has no negotiating rights with other clubs and must either sign the tender with their current club or sit out the season.[1]

Goatcheese
01-04-2011, 12:56 AM
2011: Exclusive rights Free Agent

For all your contract needs. (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_contracts.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=HOU)

dream_team
01-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if Kubiak will let him go, he wasn't one of "his" guys and was forced to let him play.

Why do you say this? I have never heard of anything like this before.

michaelm
01-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Why do you say this? I have never heard of anything like this before.

I guess he forgot the sarcasm smilie.

TexansFanatic
01-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Exclusive-rights free agents

So, what does this mean if you're Arian? Does he get a big payday before next season starts?

dream_team
01-04-2011, 01:34 AM

Sorry. I'm using Tapatalk. I don't see smilies.

scourge
01-04-2011, 01:38 AM
So, what does this mean if you're Arian? Does he get a big payday before next season starts?

He either signs for what we offer, or he doesn't play in the NFL in '11. That's pretty much it, if I understand it correctly. Haven't checked out Goatcheese's link, but it probably explains better there.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2011, 01:40 AM

I suspect the Texans will make a qualifying offer to Arian and make him prove he isn't just another 1 year wonder.

ArlingtonTexan
01-04-2011, 02:10 AM
I suspect the Texans will make a qualifying offer to Arian and make him prove he isn't just another 1 year wonder.

In the past both Ryan Grant and antonio Gates have used the threat of sitting out as level enough to get long-term contracts with real signing bonuses. Foster has some leverage here, assuming that the new CBA does not have different rules than in the past.

ThaShark316
01-04-2011, 03:06 AM

Nah, he didn't. Dude's one of the worst posters here...