PDA

View Full Version : Texan Fans

Joe Texan
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
If you are gonna bash Bob McNair then your not a Texan fan. If you cannot get along with the changes we are making then your not a Texan fan. This is my opinion and is probably not the view of some. This is a big business and it is being run by a very Classy Man that is a 360 change from the piece of crap we had running our football team in tha 80s and early 90s. We were 5 minutes from being a Playoff team this year. We had a severe hole in our defense, it was almost like Courtney Love was playing Safety. Our owner felt that the teams direction was in the right direction but did focus his frustrations on the exact point that I thought we needed to. We also lost many defensive people during the year and we will be getting them back. If your coming in here to discuss your thoughts of how you think we should proceed in our quest for a champion then fine but if you come in here and post drivel to the likes of what ran grandma off you will get called out. I am sure there are some of you that just cannot wait to turn this into an "all about you" then you will be called out. This is the greatest Texans Message Board and we stand behind it with pride, Now who must we go after in our defense to be better in 2011?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
You aren't a Texan fan. You're a Bob McNair fan.

IlliniJen
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
If you are gonna bash Bob McNair then your not a Texan fan. If you cannot get along with the changes we are making then your not a Texan fan.

It's crap like this, Texans fans. Crap like this. "UR NOT A REEL FAN IF...."

:facepalm:

Htownsportsfan
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
You aren't a Texan fan. You're a Bob McNair fan.

LOL I disagree with you but that $hit was funny!! After todays presser I needed a laugh. Thanks.

Dishman
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Troll.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
If you are gonna bash Bob McNair then your not a Texan fan. If you cannot get along with the changes we are making then your not a Texan fan. This is my opinion and is probably not the view of some. This is a big business and it is being run by a very Classy Man that is a 360 change from the piece of crap we had running our football team in tha 80s and early 90s. We were 5 minutes from being a Playoff team this year. We had a severe hole in our defense, it was almost like Courtney Love was playing Safety. Our owner felt that the teams direction was in the right direction but did focus his frustrations on the exact point that I thought we needed to. We also lost many defensive people during the year and we will be getting them back. If your coming in here to discuss your thoughts of how you think we should proceed in our quest for a champion then fine but if you come in here and post drivel to the likes of what ran grandma off you will get called out. I am sure there are some of you that just cannot wait to turn this into an "all about you" then you will be called out. This is the greatest Texans Message Board and we stand behind it with pride, Now who must we go after in our defense to be better in 2011?

As for the rest of your drivel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Carr Bombed
:backsout:

Heath Shuler
You honestly believe you are judge and jury of who is a Texans fan?

:toropalm::kubepalm::wadepalm:

axman40
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Bob McLoser can suck it!
Have a good day!
:toropalm:

Pollardized
01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
LMAO Joe!!! I was just sitting here thinking that although I wanted a new head coach, I am a fan of the Texans, so I am ready to embrace the changes and get ready for next year. We don't know all the dynamics that go into Bob's decisions. All I know is that we have a team in Houston and I am a fan. Sometimes I'm a frustrated fan, but a fan none-the-less!!! I'm not saying others are not fans, but I am ready to move on and accept the changes!!!

JB
01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey folks, JT is allowed his opinions just like you are allowed yours. No one that has ever met him can deny he is a Texan fan.

Pollardized
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey folks, JT is allowed his opinions just like you are allowed yours. No one that has ever met him can deny he is a Texan fan.

JT is a hell of a fan. Damn I think I saw him on Bob Allen show's video montage last night...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM

JoeTexan is definitely the kind of fan Bob McNair is looking for... a sucker.

steelbtexan
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
But.... But....

If we fire Gary it will take another 2 yrs to become a .500 team.

We dont have that much time with the myan calender and everything. LOL

JB
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Doesn't make his opinion any less valid or meaningful than yours.

gary
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
It is an opinion from a fan guys. Lord have mercy.

steelbtexan
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM

^^^^

This

There are many more like him

Bob is counting on fans like JT

Do you honestly think Kubiak is a better HC than several candidates out there?

TheIronDuke
01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_02/sheep240307_486x386.jpg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Doesn't make his opinion any less valid or meaningful than yours.

Which makes it pointless for him to judge who is or isn't a Texans fan. Everyone on this board has been here for the few highs and the many lows, and for him to call out anybody on this board for not being a fan is completely irrational.

JB
01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Irrational is becoming commonplace.

brakos82
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Carr Bombed
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM

The world is going to end next year, we want to see this team win the big one. :pissed:

JB
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
The world is going to end next year, we want to see this team win the big one. :pissed:

Yes. Yes we do!

:handshake:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM

And I see you have no problem with it as long as its one of your buds spewing the garbage. This thread is exactly what we don't need on this board.

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM

This is why a few weeks ago I said I enjoyed football a lot more before there was the internet.

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
And I see you have no problem with it as long as its one of your buds spewing the garbage. This thread is exactly what we don't need on this board.

C'mon blue. That is like saying if you bash McNair you're not a Texan fan.

This is the same debate we have had for 9 years and counting. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion unless I disagree with them.

This is going to be worse than 2006.

Pantherstang84
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
C'mon blue. That is like saying if you bash McNair you're not a Texan fan.

This is the same debate we have had for 9 years and counting. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion unless I disagree with them.

This is going to be worse than 2006.

It already is. I believe 2012 will be like 2007. The last of the Kubiak holdouts will finally put up their soap. Back in 2007 the last of the HWWNBN fans realized their folly (I was one of them I am ashamed to say).

JB
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM

While I don't agree with what he is saying, I defend his right to say it. And he is not doing anything more than what "The Soapers" (crap, it feels like the West Side Story) are doing, he is just a lot blunter.

This thread will serve a better purpose than a Movie called Wary, or whatever it was.

Point is, everyone is taking shots, no one is right!

JB
01-03-2011, 10:56 PM
It already is. I believe 2012 will be like 2007. The last of the Kubiak holdouts will finally put up their soap. Back in 2007 the last of the HWWNBN fans realized their folly (I was one of them I am ashamed to say).

The real problem with this board at this point in time, is that everyone that is not actively bashing Kubiak and McNair are considered Kubiak holdouts. Some of us are fans of the team and want to talk about football. The past is out of our control, and the future is out of our hands.

Instead of endless posting about how things suck, let's talk about how the Texans can get better? We know Kubiak is going to be here. Is Smith?

Is WP the best we can do for a DC? Maybe we should talk to Lewis if he is let go? Who else is out there?

This board can get very vicious in the next few months, or it could be a fun place to exchange ideas.

PapaL
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
360 degree change from the old owner?!?
FAIL
Hahaha. Guess we are right back where we started.

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
The real problem with this board at this point in time, is that everyone that is not actively bashing Kubiak and McNair are considered Kubiak holdouts. Some of us are fans of the team and want to talk about football. The past is out of our control, and the future is out of our hands.

Instead of endless posting about how things suck, let's talk about how the Texans can get better? We know Kubiak is going to be here. Is Smith?

Is WP the best we can do for a DC? Maybe we should talk to Lewis if he is let go? Who else is out there?

This board can get very vicious in the next few months, or it could be a fun place to exchange ideas.

I am not a holdout but I am not a tar and feather him either.

It would be nice to discuss football. Maybe we should have a Texans Talk get together and be in a more social setting rather than a faceless internet chat board.

gary
01-03-2011, 11:03 PM

Agreed.

Lucky
01-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey folks, JT is allowed his opinions just like you are allowed yours.
If Joe is going to call out a (very large) group of fans, then he should be able to handle the criticism.

Didn't Joe want Kubiak gone as late as last week? Talk about flip-flops.

For the record, I think McNair is a good guy. A classy guy. I also think he hasn't learned a damn thing about the NFL after 9 seasons. He'll have to luck into a winner, because he certainly isn't planning for one.

JB
01-03-2011, 11:07 PM

It would be nice to discuss football. Maybe we should have a Texans Talk get together and be in a more social setting rather than a faceless internet chat board.

Yeah, we may be due for another one. But perhaps in March. Healing time is needed.

Pollardized
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Party at TEXANRED'S house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Party at TEXANRED'S house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool. Just take your shoes off at the door.

Texan_Bill
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm glad I have a chance to hang out 10 times a year with an excuse to drink, eat and be merry with some very good friends!!!! Eff all y'all pieces of shite that can't have fun with that!!!

Got a problem with that? I ain't hard to find!!

Joe Texan
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Man it worked faster than a speeding bullet, and that bullet really hit home to some of yall. You can bash me to or call me a Bob Lover but YOUR WRONG. "I am Joe Texan and thats what I do", You bring it and I will, well laugh at the spew. This team is sitting in a better position than anyother team with nour record. We are a corner and a few safety's frome plaYing next weekend; Get over yourself AND LETS WIN IN 2011

Lucky
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
The real problem with this board at this point in time, is that everyone that is not actively bashing Kubiak and McNair are considered Kubiak holdouts. Some of us are fans of the team and want to talk about football.
The announcement that Kubiak will return just happened today. Sure, it was rumored for some time. But, is it really unreasonable for these frustrated fans to vent? If you're not venting, the logical conclusion to some is that you're satisfied with what went down. That may or may not be true, but it's reasonable to think that is the case.

JB
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
The announcement that Kubiak will return just happened today. Sure, it was rumored for some time. But, is it really unreasonable for these frustrated fans to vent? If you're not venting, the logical conclusion to some is that you're satisfied with what went down. That may or may not be true, but it's reasonable to think that is the case.

I understand that, but truly it has felt like months already.

And some of us vent in different ways...

I have holes in my walls to prove it!

Mixgosu
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM

You are a fan of losing.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM

Showing frustration with Bob McNair and the organization? Guess you aren't a fan too. Either you're all in or all out according to Joe. :kitten:

Hookem Horns
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
If you are gonna bash Bob McNair then your not a Texan fan.

So Joe, I take it by this that you are telling us until 1996 you were a Bud Adams fan?

Not sure about you but I was a HUGE Oilers fan however hated Bud Adams. It is possible to be a fan of the team but not the owner. I lived it. Unfortunately that is happening again.

michaelm
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM
So Joe, I take it by this that you are telling us until 1996 you were a Bud Adams fan?

Not sure about you but I was a HUGE Oilers fan however hated Bud Adams. It is possible to be a fan of the team but not the owner. I lived it. Unfortunately that is happening again.

Nicely put into perspective.

Hookem Horns
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Nicely put into perspective.

I am curious Joe's take on that because I know he was a big Oilers fan like myself. I also know that he hated Bud Adams.

Mr. White
01-03-2011, 11:26 PM

The negativity in the posts probably won't go away for another couple of weeks. There's lots of pissed-off fans on this board right now as there are all over Texas. You hear them all over the radio, and they're all over the TV and internet. Almost every poster on the board is spewing venom.

Seems like the Blue Crew is the only opposition, and there's lot's more of them then there are of you. I understand why you guys are at your wits' end.

I think the board will get back to football talk once Wade gets named DC. There'll be a lot to talk about after that happens. The Kubiak-bashing will also die down during that time period.

Then it'll start back up the first time Kubiak makes a mistake this season. Hopefully, Wade will be able to pick up some slack for him by then.

GP
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I understand that, but truly it has felt like months already.

And some of us vent in different ways...

Soapers venting on a message board = Unreasonable.

JB causing physical damage to his home = Reasonable.

brakos82
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM

Brakos posting pictures of Judge Judy = Unreasoned.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2gxnqqe.gif

Texan_Bill
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
You are a fan of losing.

http://www.business-strategy-innovation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/British-Fail.jpg

You sir are a loser if you can't allow a fan to express their feelings and/or thoughts!!!

Mr. White
01-03-2011, 11:31 PM

I don't think that Bud Adams had any fans at all after he fired Bum Phillips. We always had a healthy level of distrust of that man even when he was trying to get the Oilers to the Super Bowl.

We all knew the rug was gonna get pulled out from under us sometime.

brakos82
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't think that Bud Adams had any fans at all after he fired Bum Phillips. We always had a healthy level of distrust of that man even when he was trying to get the Oilers to the Super Bowl.

There are at least 11 jokes to be made with this.

Texan_Bill

:facepalm: Brakos!

JB

At least I'm not subjecting others with meaningless drivel and pathetic attempts at humor.

Joe Texan
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Kevin I hated Bud Adams And Loved me some blue. It is My Opinion that Bob is doing 100 percent better than the fat bad haired owner of the titans. You might not like mY opinions but you will still get called out/

michaelm
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM

ar·bi·trar·y (ärb-trr)
adj.
1. Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle.
2. Based on or subject to individual judgment or preference.
3. That which initiates, or perpetuates a WTF double-take.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
At least I'm not subjecting others with meaningless drivel and pathetic attempts at humor.

The original post in this thread is every bit as meaningless and pathetic as anything I have seen posted by anyone in the anti-McSmithiak camp.

brakos82
01-03-2011, 11:40 PM
ar·bi·trar·y (ärb-trr)
adj.
1. Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle.
2. Based on or subject to individual judgment or preference.
3. That which initiates, or perpetuates a WTF double-take.

I think my picture's right next to that. :spin:

michaelm
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I think my picture's right next to that. :spin:

Breesus Saves, brother.

Texan_Bill

Hey Kev... I agree with Mr. White in this regard!!!

http://kontraband.se/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/clapping.gif

http://www.forbes.com/images/2001/04/26/bud_adams_250X260.jpg =http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/80s/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.80s/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/52199.6a00d83451b05569e20133edbc8aec970b-450wi.jpg

Dutchrudder

You don't have to be angry to disagree with the coaching decisions. I don't like Kubiak coming back, but I'm not hammering people who do. People will eventually get over it or move on, but knocking eachother for thinking differently isn't helping anyone (see first post in this thread). Maybe the mods need to take a more proactive stance towards these silly "your not a fan if..." threads and posts, because every one one of them has just made the situation worse. I think it's obvious the posters aren't going to police themselves.

Lucky
01-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Maybe the mods need to take a more proactive stance towards these silly "your not a fan if..." threads and posts, because every one one of them has just made the situation worse.
Thanks for the advice. Sure, we could put the forum on lockdown until the Kubiak Krisis dies down. Or, we could just ride it out. As we did with the Carr Wars, and the Bush/VY/Mario Wars.

This ain't our first rodeo.

michaelm
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM

Oh, so that explains the inordinate number of clowns around here... :slapfight:

J/K

Texan_Bill
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

J/K

:worm:

Hookem Horns
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Kevin I hated Bud Adams And Loved me some blue. It is My Opinion that Bob is doing 100 percent better than the fat bad haired owner of the titans. You might not like mY opinions but you will still get called out/

OK, so that was my point. Many on this board do not feel like McNair is doing a good job. Many don't feel he is even doing a better job than Adams which is leading them not to like McNair. However they can still be fans of the team despite not liking the owner.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 11:52 PM
OK, so that was my point. Many on this board do not feel like McNair is doing a good job. Many don't feel he is even doing a better job than Adams which is leading them not to like McNair. However they can still be fans of the team despite not liking the owner.

QFT :clap:

Dutchrudder
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. Sure, we could put the forum on lockdown until the Kubiak Krisis dies down. Or, we could just ride it out. As we did with the Carr Wars, and the Bush/VY/Mario Wars.

I think it's pretty easy to spot the posts that attack people and the ones that are actually beneficial to the forum. No need for a 'lockdown' just because a few cross the line.

brakos82
01-03-2011, 11:58 PM

J/K

:clown:

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I ran out of rep just repping people on the first page of this thread. Hilarious. Can we get this stickied?

GP
01-04-2011, 12:13 AM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
While I don't agree with what he is saying, I defend his right to say it. And he is not doing anything more than what "The Soapers" (crap, it feels like the West Side Story) are doing, he is just a lot blunter.

This thread will serve a better purpose than a Movie called Wary, or whatever it was.

Point is, everyone is taking shots, no one is right!

Yeah, a thread to make people laugh serves no purpose, but a thread calling 90% of the people who post here not real fans is doing a whole lot of good.

****ing clueless.

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM

freaking love it!

thanks for the laughs GP :)

GP
01-04-2011, 12:20 AM

That's right, you're just putting holes in your walls.

What I am doing is completely SENSELESS!!!!

:howarddeanscream:

LOL.

Your joke bone is broken. Take two chill pills and don't call me in the morning.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0909/lighten-up-anyone-touches-my-stuff-and-i-ll-kill-you-demotivational-poster-1253664846.jpg

Remember, JB, per your own advice to all of us: "Respect our opinions and our viewpoints, too!"

LOL.

Dash
01-04-2011, 12:28 AM

I understand that everyone has their own opinion but you sir do not have to right to question other posters fandoms. Just because you feel that you are more intelligent does not make you any more of a real fan than the angry drunkard at the bar. A real Texans fan is an individual that was born/currently resides in the great city of Houston (or the suburbs surrounding it), nothing more nothing less.

I'm a Texans fan and I hate Bob McNair's guts. That is all.

darnbni99a
01-04-2011, 12:29 AM
lol @ this thread

Hoss
01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
This is the greatest Texans Message Board and we stand behind it with prideThat's because this is the only Texans board out there..Now i no why...:toropalm:

GP
01-04-2011, 12:37 AM
I understand that everyone has their own opinion but you sir do not have to right to question other posters fandoms. Just because you feel that you are more intelligent does not make you any more of a real fan than the angry drunkard at the bar. A real Texans fan is an individual that was born/currently resides in the great city of Houston (or the suburbs surrounding it), nothing more nothing less.

You said:

"... but you sir do not have to right to question other posters fandoms."

Then you said:

"A real Texans fan is an individual that was born/currently resides in the great city of Houston (or the suburbs surrounding it), nothing more nothing less."

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4399236303_573fe134d6_o.gif

GP
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
lol @ this thread

I know, right?

This thread made my day. LOLsszzz.

michaelm
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
You said:

Then you said:

"A real Texans fan is an individual that was born/currently resides in the great city of Houston (or the suburbs surrounding it), nothing more nothing less."

That picture freaks me out.

Dash
01-04-2011, 12:44 AM
You said:

Then you said:

Crap, well you get the jest of it. =/

Ckw
01-04-2011, 12:54 AM

JT defines all that is a "Texan" fan. Take it in the ass whenever the owner gives it to you regardless of what is being doled out. No matter what the repercussions, always accept the decisions of the leader of your clan. No matter how much money you give to your leader, it is always YOUR leader's toy to do with it what he will, and you will bend to his will no matter how degrading it may be.

Yes, Joe really is a "Texan" fan...

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
That's right, you're just putting holes in your walls.

What I am doing is completely SENSELESS!!!!

:howarddeanscream:

LOL.

Your joke bone is broken. Take two chill pills and don't call me in the morning.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0909/lighten-up-anyone-touches-my-stuff-and-i-ll-kill-you-demotivational-poster-1253664846.jpg

Remember, JB, per your own advice to all of us: "Respect our opinions and our viewpoints, too!"

LOL.

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm.jpg

:facepalm:

Joe Texan
01-04-2011, 01:01 AM

I am good friends with Texans fans all over the US, And it is My rite to do as I please cause I am Joe Texan and thats what I do.
You actually really believe you have the rite to tell me what my rites are, OK God I am listening

Ckw
01-04-2011, 01:02 AM

This right here sums it up. This is what "we" Texans are and it is exactly what Bob McNair knew and knows he bought into. We all experienced "loss" when the Oilers bolted for Nashville, and Bob knew that no matter what "we" would be desperate enough to accept whatever product was put out onto the field "just because we are happy to have football in Houston once again."

Honestly if I had known this was how it would be and this would be the owner we would end up with, I wish I had just put my energy into rooting for Texas A&M Football and another NFL franchise.

Sad but true. Joe, you are exactly what McNair wants. You are as diehard as they come, but that in it's greatness is your downfall. When things are grand, you are the model fan. But when things are bad, you ride the ship down like the Titanic no matter the consequences when you could be the leader of the fans that causes them to riot and make Bob McNair turn from his Bottom Line Bob ways.

brakos82
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
ok, I think Judge Judy was reading this thread. :heh:

Joe Texan
01-04-2011, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=Ckw5814;1627409]This right here sums it up. This is what "we" Texans are and it is exactly what Bob McNair knew and knows he bought into. We all experienced "loss" when the Oilers bolted for Nashville, and Bob knew that no matter what "we" would be desperate enough to accept whatever product was put out onto the field "just because we are happy to have football in Houston once again."

Honestly if I had known this was how it would be and this would be the owner we would end up with, I wish I had just put my energy into rooting for Texas A&M Football and another NFL franchise.

Sad but true. Joe, you are exactly what McNair wants. You are as diehard as they come, but that in it's greatness is your downfall. When things are grand, you are the model fan. But when things are bad, you ride the ship down like the Titanic no matter the consequences when you could be the leader of the fans that causes them to riot and make Bob McNair turn from his Bottom Line Bob ways.[/QUOTE}

I am not one to want to cause riots as I am an american, and I like football, I am a fan of the Houston Texans and I will be way longer than anybody that wants to bash me cause I believe in a Team. I do not care what these people on the board say I just see where they are and laugh. Is it my place to step up and cause riots because I get seen every day. I am sorry but this is America and we do things differently in a peaceful manor. I would frown if that is what people want because a man came here 13 years ago and snatched the 32nd NFL franchise from the grip of LA and built a franchise that is on the heals of the Cowboys as far as worth. I am a football fan of a team that is Classy and will at some point get good and I will root for said team through the defeats as well as the victories. I will not ever insite other people to riot or destroy what I had to wait 5 lonely years for and which I thought we would never have again.

ZachLV27
01-04-2011, 01:46 AM
If I switched around some names in this thread (and the colors of the board) I could make this into a thread about Jeff Fisher, Vince Young, and the Titans.

I came here tonight to get away from those threads!

I hate all of you a little right now! :runaway:

(This may only be my first or second post here, but I've been reading this site ever since us Titans fans were adopted, so please don't kill me for my humor!)

brakos82
01-04-2011, 01:51 AM
If I switched around some names in this thread (and the colors of the board) I could make this into a thread about Jeff Fisher, Vince Young, and the Titans.

I came here tonight to get away from those threads!

I hate all of you a little right now! :runaway:

(This may only be my first or second post here, but I've been reading this site ever since us Titans fans were adopted, so please don't kill me for my humor!)

Yeah well in the words of Thorn, kiss my ass!
:cow:

SAMURAITEXAN
01-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Everyone has rights for their opinion. This is how Joe sees as "Texans' fan" and we should respect his opinion. I for one, I consider myself "Texans' fan" no matter we win or lose. I do get tired of seeing negative threads when we lose and usually I stay away for a while from this site so that I don't have to see many negative thread titles. But like I said, everyone has rights for their opinion.

FirstTexansFan
01-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Do any of our opinions really matter? Not a single posting here had any weight with the FO and their decisions. It's a personal experience for each of us. You choose, no one else can do it for you. I'm not happy, I don't think it was a good decision, but I may be wrong. It's time to lay it aside, and move on, because it makes no difference in the end result anyway. I just hope one day I can eat crow and celebrate a Super Bowl victory with my fellow fans.
Well, I've already accomplished the first task, thanks HWWNBN'd :)

Kimmy
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
As I said in another post ... no one has the right to question someone else's Fandom. It just don't work that way.

Malloy
01-04-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm not a real Texan!

Thorn
01-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Typical off season thread. No biggie really.

So, everyone enjoying this nice cool weather?

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Man it worked faster than a speeding bullet, and that bullet really hit home to some of yall. You can bash me to or call me a Bob Lover but YOUR WRONG. "I am Joe Texan and thats what I do", You bring it and I will, well laugh at the spew. This team is sitting in a better position than anyother team with nour record. We are a corner and a few safety's frome plaYing next weekend; Get over yourself AND LETS WIN IN 2011

Yeah and that's the problem..

For the past 3 seasons you could say "This team is sitting in a better position than any other team with our record". That's what happens when you underachieve with the talent you have and fail to take the "next step" or (puke) "turn the corner" for 3 straight years. That's not exactly something to be proud of and if Kubiak's history repeats itself again next year, we'll all be sitting here saying "This team is sitting in a better position than any other team with our record" again next season.

Just so we all know...what all exactly does getting "called out" entail? Because if it's not too bad, Id like to go ahead and get my swats over with. I'll tell you what, I'll just save you the time and call myself out.

I'm a bad bad BAD fan, shame on me. :slapfight:

There now we can get back to posting again :)

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm glad I have a chance to hang out 10 times a year with an excuse to drink, eat and be merry with some very good friends!!!! Eff all y'all pieces of shite that can't have fun with that!!!

Got a problem with that? I ain't hard to find!!

Yeah Bill, but not everybody is allowed in the champagne room. :)

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Weren't you pushing for Kubiak to be gone and making all kinds of negative comments about how sucky the team was playing? You can't just jump back on board. That is where you and many others go wrong. Bob isn't going to punish you for saying something bad. The only way an owner knows his product doesn't hold up is fans telling him. Bob has no football knowledge and his comments yesterday were offensive. He gave Gary the chance to hire 2 defensive coordinators and twice he whiffed while having the team unprepared and uninspired. Gary has his fingerprints all over that defense you blame. He hired all the people. So stop making excuses, get a ball sack and admit where this team stands. Bob is the leader of the dysfunction and the more he talks, the dumber he looks. Look in the mirror if you want to question fandom because blind loyalty is weak. It's ok to let loose and still support a team. They aren't bugging your room.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2011, 07:58 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=841&dateline=1289327854 1

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=28&dateline=1289171892 0

SCOREBOARD SOAPERS!!!!11!

NitroGSXR
01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Joe Texan and Bob McNair... You guys are going to get me killed but I'm in your corner 100%. All in! All in baby!! Go Texans!!!!!!

:texan: :fans: :logo:

Marcus
01-04-2011, 08:01 AM
The unwritten rule that I follow when posting on this board is this . . .

. . . if you want to discuss something, bring facts, but if you just want to throw your opinion around, expect to get called out.

Now, having said that, I will admit that calling someone out is "frowned upon in this establishment".

But I've never let that stop me before.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=841&dateline=1289327854 1

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=28&dateline=1289171892 0

SCOREBOARD SOAPERS!!!!11!

ehh, there's no reason to keep score when both sides are being screwed and everybody (including the team) is losing...even if one side hasn't realized it yet.

Believe it or not, everybody is on the same team and we all want the same end game. We just have different opinions on how to reach that goal.

Second Honeymoon
01-04-2011, 08:06 AM

sorry Joe Texan. You kinda suck. Just sayin.

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 08:08 AM
:facepalm: ****ing stupid people!! It's no wonder why Gma is out!!!

*not far behind her*

Thorn
01-04-2011, 08:09 AM
ehh, there's no reason to keep score when both sides are being screwed and everybody (including the team) is losing...even if one side hasn't realized it yet.

Believe it or not, everybody is on the same team and we all want the same end game. We just have different opinions on how to reach that goal.

Quit making sense. We'll have no part of that!!

Seņor Stan
01-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Just trying to lighten things up...

Everyone is just jealous of the power of the Keep Kubiak Club Avatar.

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 08:12 AM
sorry Joe Texan. You kinda suck. Just sayin.

Stay classy Woodlands Doug!!

I know, I know.... Impossible!!! :gun:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Well shit dude, y'all have sun rays AND balloons.. How the hell do y'all expect us to compete with that? :)

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 08:17 AM

Trent: "You take yourself out of the game, you start talking about puppy dogs and ice cream and of course it's going to end up on the friendship tip."

Seņor Stan
Well shit dude, y'all have sun rays and ballons.. How the do y'all expect us to compete with that? :)

Easy there. Those are lollipops not balloons. Also known to some as suckers.

Some people tried to get me to include balloon animals and marshmallows, but I thought that was overkill. I mean an avatar like that would be on the level of Derek Zoolander's "Magnum." No one is ready to experience that.

Malloy

Thats just loser talk! :)

HuttoKarl
01-04-2011, 08:18 AM

You're not a Texans fan if you don't want improvement and are happy with a 3 game regression in the win column. You're not a Texans fan if you are happy with seeing them lose double digit games. You're not a Texans fan if you don't hold a coaching staff or GM accountable for their many shortcomings and flaws while your team collapses in front of you.

I'm not a fan of any coach or GM or team owner. I'm a fan of the TEAM and want them to do well, not wallow in less-than-mediocrity.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Easy there. Those are lollipops not balloons. Also known to some as suckers.

Some people tried to get me to include balloon animals and marshmallows, but I thought that was overkill. I mean an avatar like that would be on the level of Derek Zoolander's "Magnum." No one is ready to experience that.

Lollipops! Nooo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4&feature=related

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
:facepalm: ****ing stupid people!! It's no wonder why Gma is out!!!

*not far behind her*

Why? Because people have a voice and don't just smile and bend over?

I've seen you say this before TB and I'm wondering who it is aimed at.

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 08:48 AM

*EDIT*

Perfect: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1627540&postcount=22

NitroGSXR
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Frog.. Exactly the ugly, piece of crap mentality that I was referencing. What are you, some sort of Cowgurl fan???

Texans don't let their babies grow up to be cowboys.

:logo:

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 09:02 AM

I've seen you say this before TB and I'm wondering who it is aimed at.

People with a voice makes the world go 'round!! I would have it no other way.

The second part of your first comment is what I reference. How is that someone with a differing view has to somehow be bent over and smiling about it or somehow rendered inferior to your point of view?? Kind of condescending on your part, no?

My comments here (and in the past) are geared at that cyber bullshit...

Surreal McCoy
01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
At this point, the best possible outcome from all of this is for the haters to succeed with their idiotic agendas and boycotts resulting in the team being moved to LA or some place with semi-decent fans. And yet shamefully, even LA has better fans than Houston - it is sadly undebatable. Then you guys could go back to moaning about Drayton, or Les, or the Dynamo, or whatever else you need to make it seem like you know more than the experts.

With the current level of hysteria on this board, and indeed in this city, I bet you could garner substantial support for a "Move the team, Bob" rally. The poor, hard-working, honest people of Houston deserve better than to be scammed just so you can line your pockets, McNair! Come to think of it, this idea probably deserves its own FB page. :spin:

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
People with a voice makes the world go 'round!! I would have it no other way.

The second part of your first comment is what I reference. How is that someone with a differing view has to somehow be bent over and smiling about it or somehow rendered inferior to your point of view?? Kind of condescending on your part, no?

My comments here (and in the past) are geared at that cyber bullshit...

I think you are taking the comments wrong. JMO. You are doing the exact same thing in my book too. Everytime since I've come back here and made a statement about where I stand I've been called a "soaper", "just wanting Kubiak fired for no reason", etc. All of this despite trying to put up reasonable posts. This same thing happened when I first started 5 years ago and Carr was the subject or when Schaub first came in and was up and down while Rosencopter was here. You reference Gma and she basically told everyone off that didn't just fall in line with the decision. Respect that type of fandom but don't agree at all. Doesn't mean I'm stupid.

This may be a thin line here but my comments weren't "you like to get bent over and smile." It was more along the lines of why should I get ragged on because I want to ***** and moan and not get bent over by Bob. Because that is what I feel like he did...a big eff you to fans.

Anyways, hope the holidays have been good TB.

HTown2ATX
01-04-2011, 09:14 AM
At this point, the best possible outcome from all of this is for the haters to succeed with their idiotic agendas and boycotts resulting in the team being moved to LA or some place with semi-decent fans. And yet shamefully, even LA has better fans than Houston - it is sadly undebatable. Then you guys could go back to moaning about Drayton, or Les, or the Dynamo, or whatever else you need to make it seem like you know more than the experts.

^ = :flush:

:gun:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 09:19 AM

With the current level of hysteria on this board, and indeed in this city, I bet you could garner substantial support for a "Move the team, Bob" rally. The poor, hard-working, honest people of Houston deserve better than to be scammed just so you can line your pockets, McNair! Come to think of it, this idea probably deserves its own FB page. :spin:

Fans everywhere and every city criticize their teams when they're stuck in mediocrity or losing and it doesn't make fans "bad" when they do it either. This is nothing unique to the city of Houston, Houston is just the only city where people call you a crappy fan for doing it and you have to listen to "the team is going to pack up and move" propaganda. I don't know why people keep bringing that up, this team just can't "pack up and move".

Dutchrudder
01-04-2011, 09:25 AM

http://www.thecommaqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/embarrassed-chimpanzee.jpg

HTown2ATX
01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Fans everywhere and every city criticize their teams when they're stuck in mediocrity and it doesn't make fans "bad" when they do it either. This is nothing unique to the city of Houston, Houston is just the only city where people call you a crappy fan for doing it and you have to listen to "the team is going to pack up and move" propaganda. I don't know why people keep bringing that up, this team just can't "pack up and move".

Lol.....dude you just wasted like 2 minutes of your time typing that and you know it. :)

One day the fans will want to join the big boy leagues with the rest of the NFL. Right now, we are forced to stay at the kids table.

steelbtexan
01-04-2011, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Ckw5814;1627409]This right here sums it up. This is what "we" Texans are and it is exactly what Bob McNair knew and knows he bought into. We all experienced "loss" when the Oilers bolted for Nashville, and Bob knew that no matter what "we" would be desperate enough to accept whatever product was put out onto the field "just because we are happy to have football in Houston once again."

Sad but true. Joe, you are exactly what McNair wants. You are as diehard as they come, but that in it's greatness is your downfall. When things are grand, you are the model fan. But when things are bad, you ride the ship down like the Titanic no matter the consequences when you could be the leader of the fans that causes them to riot and make Bob McNair turn from his Bottom Line Bob ways.[/QUOTE}

I am not one to want to cause riots as I am an american, and I like football, I am a fan of the Houston Texans and I will be way longer than anybody that wants to bash me cause I believe in a Team. I do not care what these people on the board say I just see where they are and laugh. Is it my place to step up and cause riots because I get seen every day. I am sorry but this is America and we do things differently in a peaceful manor. I would frown if that is what people want because a man came here 13 years ago and snatched the 32nd NFL franchise from the grip of LA and built a franchise that is on the heals of the Cowboys as far as worth. I am a football fan of a team that is Classy and will at some point get good and I will root for said team through the defeats as well as the victories. I will not ever insite other people to riot or destroy what I had to wait 5 lonely years for and which I thought we would never have again.

You and I are fans of a loser franchise. While the owner gets to stuff his pockets full of our hard earned $$$$$.

If tht's OK with you that's where we are different.

Whoops, this post was intended as a response to JT.

HOU-TEX
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I just read this whole thread.....:gun:

Can't we all just get along? :kitten:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I've been trying to lighten the mood. :)

At this point I don't really care. What's done is done, First Take just reported that Wade Phillips said he knows and respects Kubiak and McNair and that he wants to coach here....he's here.

HTown2ATX
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Not while these "fake" Texans fans are around these parts durp - durp!!

http://www.meh.ro/original/2009_12/meh.ro3066.jpg

Surreal McCoy
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Fans everywhere and every city criticize their teams when they're stuck in mediocrity or losing and it doesn't make fans "bad" when they do it either. This is nothing unique to the city of Houston, Houston is just the only city where people call you a crappy fan for doing it and you have to listen to "the team is going to pack up and move" propaganda. I don't know why people keep bringing that up, this team just can't "pack up and move".

You don't get out of Houston much, eh? No one is saying the team will move, although it would be pretty damn funny if they did. Look at it this way, it's a win-win for you if they do in that you can select a new team to support (Steelers? Pats?) thus you won't have to feel like your team are losers and you don't have to be "insulted" by the evil McNair anymore :)

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 09:37 AM
You don't get out of Houston much, eh? No one is saying the team will move, although it would be pretty damn funny if they did. Look at it this way, it's a win-win for you if they do in that you can select a new team to support (Steelers? Pats?) thus you won't have to feel like your team are losers and you don't have to be "insulted" by the evil McNair anymore :)

:) I just got back to Houston.

Oh and P.S.

At this point I don't really care. What's done is done, First Take just reported that Wade Phillips said he knows and respects Kubiak and McNair and that he wants to coach here....he's here.

I DO NOT CARE ANY MORE.

Blake
01-04-2011, 09:39 AM
If you are gonna bash Bob McNair then your not a Texan fan. If you cannot get along with the changes we are making then your not a Texan fan.

http://www.lulz.ro/pics/1260654052470.jpg

HOU-TEX
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM

At this point I don't really care. What's done is done, First Take reported that Wade Phillips said he knows and respects Kubiak and McNair and that he he wants to coach here....he's here.

Yeah, this is what I'm worried about CB. Kubiak stated he/they wanted to move fast when hiring a new DC. Are they making a mistake by not doing their due diligence in this process? There are still a few coaches out there that will released soon. I just want them to be sure they get the right guy. Unless, of course, they've had their sights set on Wade and have no interest in looking elsewhere. Which IMO, would be a mistake

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.lulz.ro/pics/1260654052470.jpg

Is that Kubiak on the right? And is he high fiving the guy that got killed in Die Hard, Harry Ellis.."I'm your white knight"

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9112/harryellisdiehard.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/i/harryellisdiehard.jpg/)

HTown2ATX
01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Are they making a mistake by not doing their due diligence in this process?

You dare to question the regime comrade!?

http://www.utdallas.edu/~bxc044000/images/CurranPoster1.jpg

steelbtexan
01-04-2011, 09:45 AM

Agreed, It would be funny,I would rather have no football than bad football in this city. This is where fans like JT and yourself differ from me. That doesn't make me right and you wrong. We just have different opinions.

BTE, do you worship at the alter of all that's BoB McNair?

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 09:48 AM
You know what the first thing that I thought of when I heard that report?

"Wow, Wade and his sister must not be that close." :) She totally whiffed.

Double Barrel
01-04-2011, 10:06 AM

If you are gonna bash President Obama then your not a real American. If you cannot get along with the changes President Obama is making then your not a true American.

Logic evenly applied. :patriot

Blake
01-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Is that Kubiak on the right? And is he high fiving the guy that got killed in Die Hard, Harry Ellis.."I'm your white knight"

Thats not Kubiak, because he isnt looking away. :tiphat:

The1ApplePie
01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Alright, Cowboys and Cowboy fan bashing!

Being born a Cowboys fan that adopted the Texans as my home town team, I have to say:

Cowboys > Texans
Cowboys > Oilers
Jerry Jones > Bob McNair
Jimmy Johnson > Bum Phillips

If McNair and the Texans keep the path their on, they will lose another generation of Houstonians to the Dallas Cowboys (or the Saints). When I was a kid growing up, the Oilers were a joke of a franchise. Unless your parents were diehard Oiler's fans, no one gave a shit about them.

The Texans are heading in the Oilers direction right now. I hope they fix it because I like having a home town team and an AFC team to cheer for.

infantrycak
01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
When I was a kid growing up, the Oilers were a joke of a franchise. Unless your parents were diehard Oiler's fans, no one gave a shit about them.

Huh? - when you were growing up the Oilers went to the playoffs 7 years in a row.

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I just read this whole thread.....:gun:

Yeah, :ok: Rodney!!!

http://brawlmusic.com/files/2010/06/rodney-king.jpg

Surreal McCoy
01-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Agreed, It would be funny,I would rather have no football than bad football in this city. This is where fans like JT and yourself differ from me. That doesn't make me right and you wrong. We just have different opinions.

BTE, do you worship at the alter of all that's BoB McNair?

Agreed, that is where we are different - I would rather have football than no football as I don't care to root for anyone other than the home team. Of course, that means I accept mediocrity and believe we're going to the Super Bowl next year, huh?

The1ApplePie
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Huh? - when you were growing up the Oilers went to the playoffs 7 years in a row.

And everyone knew they were going to get their asses beat anyways.

The Bills comeback in the playoffs finally shifted the fanbase over to Dallas in the early 90s, at least as far as the kids were concerned.

At least that was true where I grew up. Its hard to find some one my age in Houston that was ever an Oilers fan IMO.

I was raised by Cowboys fans, so that didn't help.:cow:

steelbtexan
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Agreed, that is where we are different - I would rather have football than no football as I don't care to root for anyone other than the home team. Of course, that means I accept mediocrity and believe we're going to the Super Bowl next year, huh?

Saint BoB is counting on you and your hard earned $$$$$.

drs23
01-04-2011, 10:33 AM

CB, ya got a link?

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Kids today?? :D

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 10:56 AM
CB, ya got a link?

No, they were just talking about it on ESPN's first take.

b0ng
01-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Man this thread is full of all the stuff I skim through when reading other threads not specifically concerned with measuring up with each other and how big of "fans" they are.

I'll just put this here since this is about the only opinion I have about other "fans":

I will never understand a football "fan" who says they would rather have no football, than "bad" football. When there was no football here I envied the fans of Indy and Philadelphia because even though their teams were in the toilet when Elway was winning the SB, they still had football and I didn't. Maybe having a local team isn't as important to people who have "lived through it all" or whatever that means, but I love having a Houston football team and I don't give a **** how terrible they are. I will always love discussing what changes could be made or what is happening with that team and you won't take that away from me. **** you asshole who thinks I shouldn't root for this team because you have a beef with the owner. I don't give a shit, even owners change, but as long as there is at least a local football team I'll be happy with my football situation. And that's how I don't get somebody who would rather have no football. No football was terrible, and if you're that upset with the local product that you don't want to be a fan anymore that's great, but I don't see why an ex-fan would still want to post here in a Texans forum.

Honoring Earl 34
01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
If you are gonna bash President Obama then your not a real American. If you cannot get along with the changes President Obama is making then your not a true American.

I kinda thought it unique how folks principals fluctuate between sports and politics . :tiphat:

Joe Texan
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM

Name one change he has made I am a True American And a Texan first and fore most. You better be carefull or I will call you out

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Name one change he has made I am a True American And a Texan first and fore most. You better be carefull or I will call you out

He "changed" our hope for "HOPE"!

:stirpot:

Double Barrel
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Look! Up in the sky! Is it a bird?! A plane?! No! It's my point and it just flew right over your head. http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/smileys/smiley%20characters/superman.gif

Did you see what I did there? I used your logic in another example. Interesting that you don't like the taste of your own medicine, but not surprising.

Joe Texan, I know that you're a Texans fan and an American. I'm not questioning your loyalties.

By the same token, I am also a Texans fan and an American. We are alike in that we both dislike Obama. We are different because I no longer think Bob McNair makes good decisions regarding the football operations of his franchise.

Where we are fundamentally different is that I do not possess the arrogance to define someone else's fanaticism toward the Texans. I could care less if you are blindly optimistic or blindingly pessimistic. If you are still rooting for the Houston Texans, then you're a fan in my book.

But hey, you can define a fan however you choose, and it's no sweat off my back. It's a free country and opinions are a dime a dozen, your's and mine included.

Honoring Earl 34
01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
He "changed" our hope for "HOPE"!

:stirpot:

Rush and Beck said Kubiak should have been fired and that Bob screwed up .

:stirpot::stirpot::beerfunnel:

Pollardized
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Rush and Beck said Kubiak should have been fired and that Bob screwed up .

:stirpot::stirpot::beerfunnel:

I heard that Kubiak was calling obummer for advice on game planning this season... :gun:

Honoring Earl 34
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I heard that Kubiak was calling obummer for advice on game planning this season... :gun:

Yep ... and he appointed a play czar in the 2nd half . :whip:

markn
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM

On a related note, is there any truth to the rumour that Bob is planning one game at Reliant next year to honor the loyal Texan fans... (wait for it...) cattle red day?

Honoring Earl 34
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Wow ... this reminds me of the time Bill muzzled those sheep . He called it " Silence of the Lambs " . I'm not sure why he wanted them quiet but it was at a Titan game .

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
On a related note, is there any truth to the rumour that Bob is planning one game at Reliant next year to honor the loyal Texan fans... (wait for it...) cattle red day?

i lol'd

Double Barrel
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM

:spit:

Now your rep is higher than your post count! :D

mussop
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM

He's not a real fan. He doesn't know $hit about football. Getting dresses up like a clown and going to the game is his hobby for him. He's nothing more than a glorified cheerleader!

Dash
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I am good friends with Texans fans all over the US, And it is My rite to do as I please cause I am Joe Texan and thats what I do.
You actually really believe you have the rite to tell me what my rites are, OK God I am listening

I totally worded that last sentence wrong and I'm not just saying that to make some sort of excuse for myself. I love watching Arsenal FC and the Minnesota Timberwolves (yeah, I do realize they suck) and I would even call myself a fan even though I never lived or was born there. Its not hard to get the jest of what I was saying though.

Honoring Earl 34
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
He's not a real fan. He doesn't know $hit about football. Getting dresses up like a clown and going to the game is his hobby for him. He's nothing more than a glorified cheerleader!

Eww ... take it back .

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Eww ... take it back .

lmao

GP
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
These threads exude the sort of character befitting Bob McNair and his precious "image first" organization.

He probably views all of us, even the McNuthuggers here, as filthy swine to never mingle with.

A lot of people say "I wonder if he, or any of his staff, ever come here and read our thoughts on things?"

LOL.

They would probably pour bleach into their eyes and vow Internet celibacy for a year if they came here and scanned through this stuff.

By the way, this team sucks and they had a REAL chance to go get a proven guy (Cowher) who was rested and needs a new outlet for his energies. But our wise owner and his Illuminati counselors have a plan of their own, which doesn't involve calculated risk-taking.

It's all about stringing things out for as long as they can.

McNair wouldn't listen to fans no more than he can listen to wisdom itself no matter what form it presents itself to him. I am convinced that this guy is not nearly as interested in winning a SB title as he is in the efforts to maintain a steady path of travel. To him, it appears, the actual winning of a SB title would be merely gravy upon the nice little chicken-fried steak he's got going on right now.

He had a golden chance present itself to him, and he goofed up. Again. And yet we wonder why the coach ALSO cannot get it right on the field and with the players? LOL.

It starts at the top.

HuttoKarl
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
These threads exude the sort of character befitting Bob McNair and his precious "image first" organization.

He probably views all of us, even the McNuthuggers here, as filthy swine to never mingle with.

A lot of people say "I wonder if he, or any of his staff, ever come here and read our thoughts on things?"

LOL.

They would probably pour bleach into their eyes and vow Internet celibacy for a year if they came here and scanned through this stuff.

By the way, this team sucks and they had a REAL chance to go get a proven guy (Cowher) who was rested and needs a new outlet for his energies. But our wise owner and his Illuminati counselors have a plan of their own, which doesn't involve calculated risk-taking.

It's all about stringing things out for as long as they can.

McNair wouldn't listen to fans no more than he can listen to wisdom itself no matter what form it presents itself to him. I am convinced that this guy is not nearly as interested in winning a SB title as he is in the efforts to maintain a steady path of travel. To him, it appears, the actual winning of a SB title would be merely gravy upon the nice little chicken-fried steak he's got going on right now.

He had a golden chance present itself to him, and he goofed up. Again. And yet we wonder why the coach ALSO cannot get it right on the field and with the players? LOL.

It starts at the top.

Cowher would have given our team instant credibility...for fans...for other teams in the NFL...FOR FREE AGENTS THAT WE NEED.

Our owner is a dope.

Ckw
01-04-2011, 02:08 PM

I think you took my usage of the term "riot" a bit too seriously. I'm not talking about "rioting" as in burning buildings, cars, looting, being violent, etc. All I was talking about was making a statement. Just a few weeks ago you were talking about how you were sick of Gary Kubiak and you now firmly believed that he was no longer the man for the job. I'm not sure if that has changed or if you are just so "diehard" that you are willing to take it up the tailpipe no matter what Bob does with your opinion or your money. Perhaps I give fans in Cleveland, Boston, Pittsburgh, and even Dallas (as much as it pains me to say) too much credit, but I don't believe their "diehard" fans would ever put up with this crap and just stand aside and be a "good soldier" the way you are being. But hey, to each his own.

infantrycak
01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Cowher would have given our team instant credibility...for fans...for other teams in the NFL...FOR FREE AGENTS THAT WE NEED.

Our owner is a dope.

What indication is there Cowher would be a bigger player in the free agent market than the Steelers who have traditionally been a classic build through the draft team?

silvrhand
01-04-2011, 02:23 PM
What indication is there Cowher would be a bigger player in the free agent market than the Steelers who have traditionally been a classic build through the draft team?

Cowher does carry clout with players, I would think his rep alone as being a winner would maybe sway a couple people into coming to Houston. Not only that his options for staff would be a lot better than the Denver connection IMHO..

just my .02.

Ckw
01-04-2011, 02:27 PM

I may seriously disagree with Joe and the Sunshine Club, but I would much rather have bad football than no football. That said, it still gives me every right to ***** and moan when I think the bad football could become good football if the organization would just get their collectives heads out of their asses.

Joe Texan
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I have toured the stadium and I know what goes in to thier decisions and it is circles and circles around anybody on this board. I got sick of losing, not particulary Coach but I would have been happy anyway Bob went cause he wants to win just like we do. You can make all the gay insinuations or sucker spew but my vision of this team is what it is and that is we are very close to a 12 and 4 team and I will be on this wagon for eternity. All this burning tickets and turning tickets in and protests (I did not see one but heard there was going to be one) is to me a childish way to get your opinion heard. This is a Football Team and I am on board with that. I will say that maybe you are a fan when ou bash the owner or disagree with the decisions but your not the kind of fan I would want roting for my team. I agree Kubes is green in areas that have got to be addressed, Clock Issues should be on the short list but we have decided to deal with Kubes and I am On Board. I knew this would stir the pot and it did just that but that is why I did it. It exposes all who hate the Owner, all that like the owner and it exposes the way some might handle and arguement wether it be Childish or they Man Up. Yall can go ahead and continue to throw out the personal attacks cause that to me is hilarious. I basically wanted to know why Grandma got mad and now I know, But I will tell you that Grandma is 10 times above all the yahoos on this message board.

wagonhed
01-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I have toured the stadium and I know what goes in to thier decisions and it is circles and circles around anybody on this board. I got sick of losing, not particulary Coach but I would have been happy anyway Bob went cause he wants to win just like we do. You can make all the gay insinuations or sucker spew but my vision of this team is what it is and that is we are very close to a 12 and 4 team and I will be on this wagon for eternity. All this burning tickets and turning tickets in and protests (I did not see one but heard there was going to be one) is to me a childish way to get your opinion heard. This is a Football Team and I am on board with that. I will say that maybe you are a fan when ou bash the owner or disagree with the decisions but your not the kind of fan I would want roting for my team. I agree Kubes is green in areas that have got to be addressed, Clock Issues should be on the short list but we have decided to deal with Kubes and I am On Board. I knew this would stir the pot and it did just that but that is why I did it. It exposes all who hate the Owner, all that like the owner and it exposes the way some might handle and arguement wether it be Childish or they Man Up. Yall can go ahead and continue to throw out the personal attacks cause that to me is hilarious. I basically wanted to know why Grandma got mad and now I know, But I will tell you that Grandma is 10 times above all the yahoos on this message board.
You guys are like a middle school clique. Same tactics and same intelligence level. One of my first memories of this board is you making constant gay jokes about people with the pink soap, so it's quite a laugh to see you mention gay insinuation (I'm surprised you know what that word means).

Seriously, take your little true fan club buddies and shove it. The lot of you.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM

You can go ahead and put your dick away now. We aren't and never were impressed.

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Well hey, if it helps, it is nice to know that Bob doesn't have a clue what people say or think anyways. He didn't even know that people wanted Gary gone last year. All is Chutes and Ladders in Bob's world

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d7517b/article/texans-owner-mcnair-says-bad-year-will-make-kubiak-better?module=HP_headlines

"I don't think anybody was calling for his head after that season," McNair said. "This year, he has gone through some very difficult times and I think he's a better coach now than he was then because of those experiences. I don't think he went from being a good coach in one year to being a bad coach."

hobie
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM

I have not been on here in a while, and this is what I come back to.. Now I am not going to voice my opinion on the matter, but JT, let me ask you a question...You say you knew this would stir the pot, you get what you asked for, yet you still kept on baiting and stirring it..Why is it that you would do that. I mean you are an adult, and well I don't see the need to keep saying things to defend your point if it was to stir up things...
Now there have been so silly things said in this thread from a few people, but no one person is more of a fan than the next. Some people choose to go out there a little more, such as yourself, and some do not..like me.. I am there every week, we invite people to tailgate from all over, we support our team in wins and loses, and we also have our rights to complain when things are not going well.. just as you do.. but stirring up the pot and to continue on with it to me, well JT, you are a fan, but sometimes you just need to speak your peace and end it..
I just want to know why you kept playing this game, which in all due respect was/is childish for an adult, even if it was to call out those who do not share your opinion..I do think you are a fan, like the thousands of us, and you do go out of your way as well to make sure other fans have a good time with you and the Blue Crew..that cannot be debated...but as I said, make your point and then move on.. no need playing a game with it Joe.

HTown2ATX
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM

FAIL

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z8oAIQGDYlQ/S7yeWN6NWyI/AAAAAAAABes/lFzwjAxqsrg/s1600/elephant-poop.jpg.jpg

:htown2atx:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Again, can you please explain to us how this "punishment" is supposed to work? What all does this entail and how is it supposed to be a deterrent to keep people from posting their opinions? I'm curious as hell, what's a "Joe Texan call out"?

TexansBlood
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
So let me get this straight Joe Texan, I dislike McNair therefore I am not a true fan?

Next thing out of your mouth is gonna be "if you dont sit in the bullpen you're not a true fan" or "if your not part of the BLUE CREW you're not a true fan".

Unbelievable.

Surreal McCoy
01-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Well hey, if it helps, it is nice to know that Bob doesn't have a clue what people say or think anyways. He didn't even know that people wanted Gary gone last year. All is Chutes and Ladders in Bob's world

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d7517b/article/texans-owner-mcnair-says-bad-year-will-make-kubiak-better?module=HP_headlines

He meant nobody with an ounce of common sense. I'll leave you to figure out the rest.

HoustonFrog
01-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Don't worry Joe called 610 the other day and spewed something about the Texans sucking and needing to fire the coach. This is just his top fan act for the board....or he is bipolar.

HuttoKarl
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Cowher does carry clout with players, I would think his rep alone as being a winner would maybe sway a couple people into coming to Houston. Not only that his options for staff would be a lot better than the Denver connection IMHO..

just my .02.

+1

What's better?

RS - Hey Free Agent. Want to play for the guy who lost three more games this year than last and hasn't ever made the playoffs or the head coach who has a super bowl ring and multiple conference and division championships?

FA - duh.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
So let me get this straight Joe Texan, I dislike McNair therefore I am not a true fan?

Next thing out of your mouth is gonna be "if you dont sit in the bullpen you're not a true fan" or "if your not part of the BLUE CREW you're not a true fan".

Unbelievable.

Don't forget his mystical wizardry "call out" powers....they scare the absolute crap out of me. :francis:

TexansBlood
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Don't forget his mystical wizardry "call out" powers....they scare the absolute crap out of me. :francis:

Yea he's gonna call me out and tell me why am I sitting in section 352 instead of 116...

gary
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
JT, is spot on many here want to bail on this franchise now but I am not. Some carried on just because they did get what they wanted including myself. But this is not my team or yours and it's only Bob's. If he raises ticket prices once again but you do not think the product on the field is worth your hard earned money then just do not renew but you make the choice just like Bob makes the choice to raise the prise. It is a two way street it is not my job to say who really is a fan or who is not. I cheered for the Cowboys before the inception of the Texans but having a hometown to root for is great because I enjoy all the different aspects that comes along with a hometown team. Meeting other fans, tailgating, going to the stadium on gameday, and talking about how the team will get better or sometimes worse. I truely love every bit of being a fan and there is a lot more to it than just rooting for the team itself. I have met life long friends along the way and Gma is one of them and many members of the Blew Crew. The Rockets won two championships in the mid 90's but the wait before that was a very long one. I look past the wins and losses and go every chance I get to experience an NFL game with my favorite team because others do not always get to go. We are all fans of this team and have been for eight years now and let's not foreget that because that is what really matters. If you jump off the bandwagon now when things are ugly then jump back on when things are better then you are still a fan but a fair wethered one JMHO. I'll be a Houston Texans fan untill I die. GO TEXANS

Shaft75
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm wayyyyyyy more of a true fan than everyone else on here.

I sit on the front row of the endzone... Toro jumps up to me... Cheerleaders talk to me... Game balls are thrown my way... I chat with referees... I've been on tv and the jumbotron at least 20 times...

And last but not least...

I don't have the right to tell anyone else on here what type of fan they are or aren't, just because I consider myself the biggest Texan fan.

JMO

infantrycak
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM

just my .02.

The point wasn't about clout it was about philosophy. What is there to indicate he is philosophically different than the Steelers who have never been big players in the FA market regardless of whether they could have been?

+1

What's better?

RS - Hey Free Agent. Want to play for the guy who lost three more games this year than last and hasn't ever made the playoffs or the head coach who has a super bowl ring and multiple conference and division championships?

FA - duh.

See above and the bottom line answer is players are going to generally go where the money is best.

JB
01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm wayyyyyyy more of a true fan than everyone else on here.

I sit on the front row of the endzone... Toro jumps up to me... Cheerleaders talk to me... Game balls are thrown my way... I chat with referees... I've been on tv and the jumbotron at least 20 times...

And last but not least...

I don't have the right to tell anyone else on here what type of fan they are or aren't, just because I consider myself the biggest Texan fan.

JMO

Let me know next time you have an available ticket! :D

Grams
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM

So I guess I am not a fan anymore.

I haven't "bashed" McNair but I do not like the direction or lack of direction this team is taking. Kubiak should be gone, but because I think he should, and he is still here, I am no longer a fan. Good to Know. Last time I checked there was still Freedom of Speech in this country. You may not like what I have to say, but I have the right to voice my opinion as do you.

I came here to talk and learn about football and the Texans, not to read about which poster has pissed off another poster or who is calling who names because they don't agree with them.

I have been a fan of the Texans from day 1 and will continue to be a fan - win, lose or draw, even if we win only 1 game, I will still be a fan. I may not have season tickets, as I cannot afford season tickets or even tickets to one game, but I watch every single game they play and cheer them on to hopefully a win.

Ticket holder or not, agree with what decisions are made in the Texans Organization or not, people can still be a fan. There is no interviews or applications to be filled out or a voting process to decide if you are a fan or not. You either are a fan or you are not.

I am sorry to say I have lost some respect for some posters on this board in the past couple of months. It is getting to the point of too much bashing each other than actual conversation about the Texans.

Think it is time for a vacation.

GP
01-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Our owner is a dope.

No he's not!

He says Reliant is a fine facility that will draw top free agents.

And everybody, well except for about half-a-dozen or more teams in the playoffs the past three years, knows you DON'T get better by changing coaches dramatically.

In the end, it's pure foolishness to dabble in coaching changes.

Those Falcons are just lucky, that's all.

Dutchrudder
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
No he's not!

He says Reliant is a fine facility that will draw top free agents.

And everybody, well except for about half-a-dozen or more teams in the playoffs the past three years, knows you DON'T get better by changing coaches dramatically.

In the end, it's pure foolishness to dabble in coaching changes.

Those Falcons are just lucky, that's all.

And the Bears, and the chiefs and the Jets.....

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Let me know next time you have an available ticket! :D

Hell, I think Shaft has an extra ticket every week.. Anytime I see a picture of him, he has a fan of the other team sitting next to him.... ;)

NitroGSXR
01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Hell, I think Shaft has an extra ticket every week.. Anytime I see a picture of him, he has a fan of the other team sitting next to him giving him the shaft.... ;)

fify.

Pollardized
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
:spit:

Now your rep is higher than your post count! :D

Hey so is mine!!!!

Craig.
01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
This cat is certifiable

TexansFight
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Who gives a shit what Joe Texan has to say. He thinks he is the ultimate uber fan since he wears horns and gets on TV on occasion. Wow, you won some contest and were named ultimate fan. Want a cookie?

The truth is that Joe Texan is a fall down drunk and a blithering *****. Just read his drivel. It is barely intelligible and is riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes. He is the embodiment of the worst stereotypes imaginable when it comes to NFL fans. **** Joe Texan. He is an embarrassment and I am glad he doesn't want to associate with those of us who use our brains.

Wolf
01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
This thread should be locked and deleted

Some need to take a break from the message board . This is the worst I have seen it.. The nsz shows more respect with posts

gary
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Who gives a shit what Joe Texan has to say. He thinks he is the ultimate uber fan since he wears horns and gets on TV on occasion. Wow, you won some contest and were named ultimate fan. Want a cookie?

The truth is that Joe Texan is a fall down drunk and a blithering *****. Just read his drivel. It is barely intelligible and is riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes. He is the embodiment of the worst stereotypes imaginable when it comes to NFL fans. **** Joe Texan. He is an embarrassment and I am glad he doesn't want to associate with those of us who use our brains.a cookie is much more than you'll ever get with this attiude. Who crapped in your Chreos this moring?

Hoss
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Uh oh...

Ckw
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
a cookie is much more than you'll ever get with this attiude. Who crapped in your Chreos this moring?

Judging by his post, I think Joe crapped in his Cheerios this morning.

gary
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Judging by his post, I think Joe crapped in his Cheerios this morning.It was not needed no matter where you stand.