PDA

View Full Version : What if the new DC doesnt want Koiler?

mussop
01-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Then what? Do the Texans say he has to part of the package? Not after that pretty little speech about how they were going to have to get whatever help the new DC needed.

Or

Do they fire Koiler (sp?)

Mr. White
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I'll bet Wade's already OK'ed Kollar.

Mari-OWNED!
01-03-2011, 07:08 PM
We obviously sensationalize the head coach job position, but to be a defensive coordinator in the NFL is a pretty damn huge opportunity. There's not many people that would turn down the job if it's offered to them just because there may be someone working with them that they're not familiar with.

Bill Kollar is someone that I can guarantee most defensive coordinators would love to work with.

GP
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Kollar remains because he's labeled an untouchable.

The new d-coord will have to take the job and retain Kollar.

All others were fired and are gone. Kollar will stay.

Doppelganger
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Kollar remains because he's labeled an untouchable.

The new d-coord will have to take the job and retain Kollar.

All others were fired and are gone. Kollar will stay.

He has to stick around. When Kubes takes the team to a 1-7 start next year, Kubes will be fired and Kollar will leapfrog Wade to bcome the new Head Coach!

:mariopalm:

Lucky
01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I'll bet Wade's already OK'ed Kollar.
Right, he worked with Wade in Atlanta. About as transparent as it can get. Wade's the DC and he's just making calls to fill his staff before the announcement.

2slik4u
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
He has to stick around. When Kubes takes the team to a 1-7 start next year, Kubes will be fired and Kollar will leapfrog Wade to bcome the new Head Coach!

:mariopalm:

Cant say I would be upset if he took it over in leiu of Wade.

Mr. White
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Right, he worked with Wade in Atlanta. About as transparent as it can get. Wade's the DC and he's just making calls to fill his staff before the announcement.

I was thinking there was a previous connection, but I never found one. They've got some common stops at Buffalo and Atlanta, but the timelines don't match up.

Kollar's bio page (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/bill-kollar/92e30978-6a30-4e27-8728-d5b2afb4679d) at HT.com.

Wade's History page (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/PhilWa0.htm) at Pro Football Reference.

Still, I don't doubt that these 2 lifers don't know each other. No doubt Wade's already signed off on this one.

4Texans
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Bill Kollar is someone that I can guarantee most defensive coordinators would love to work with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This......

He's been around and is well respected by his peers.