PDA

View Full Version : McNair all but said Kubiak will be back

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Recap the Texans' win by watching "Inside the Game" tonight at 10:35pm on ABC-13/KTRK. In-studio guests are owner Bob McNair & DeMeco Ryans

-----

Guess he just can't wait to give us more Kool Aid ....

Pantherstang84
01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Recap the Texans' win by watching "Inside the Game" tonight at 10:35pm on ABC-13/KTRK. In-studio guests are owner Bob McNair & DeMeco Ryans

-----

Guess he just can't wait to give us more Kool Aid ....

I plan on watching it but I don't think he will tell anything without talking to Kubiak first. Kubiak says he will meet tomorrow morning with Uncle Bob.

Nawzer
01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Bob McNair will make sure that Bob Allen doesn't ask the hard questions when he goes on tonight. But then again when was the last time Bob Allen asked a tough question or done any kind of actual reporting besides stating the obvious....

Carr Bombed
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Man he says the same thing at the end of every season. "Tough plays here and there"

Carr Bombed
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh...there's something new.

"It's a tough ass business". - Gary Kubiak

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh my gawd ... he is making me sick watching him ....

Trap_Star
blah blah blah, translation: gary is coming back.

cdollaz
I'm not liking what I'm hearing.

wagonhed
wish i could see a video of this. im a masochist.

Pantherstang84
01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Kubiak will be back. Suckville 2011.

HoustonFrog
He is basically making excuses for Gary...he said replacing Gary is "traumatic" and that it sets them back 2 years so you need to diagnose the problem and solve that problem. He then said the defense is the problem. He is so short sighted it is stupid. I'm deflated. He basically is giving Gary a pass despite him hiring the D guy.

RTP2110
Just watched it, Kubiak's staying.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Wade Phillips is going to be our aspirin.

redwhiteANDblue
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
There was something weird about those "thank you bob"'s

Runner
01-02-2011, 10:51 PM
McNair following a process. Process. Process. Process.

Indicated he wants to achieve success in the shortest period of time; mentions "setting the team back two years" with too many changes.

I guess he should have started two years ago, last year at the latest......

Carr Bombed
WTF is wrong with our ownership? It's true, we are the Detroit Lions.

:kubepalm:

Kimmy
He basically said you have to identify what the problem is
Decoded - The problem is the defense
Then he said you have to fix the problem
Decoded - Frank Bush is gone
Then he said is it that bad that you have to bring in a new coach who wants new players and even threw in 'scouts', really Bob? You're talking about SCOUTS??
Decoded - I'm not willing to start over, sorry fans, we'll get there ..... someday ....

J_R
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
As others have said, without actually saying it, he said Kubiak will be back. GUys on D staff getting fired

RTP2110
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
McNair truly believes that hiring a new HC sets the team back two years. Wow, where does he get that idea from? He's wasting two years on Kubiak anyway, and then when he has no choice but to fire Kubiak it will be another two years from there. SMH

ToxicButt
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
During "Inside the Game" - Boob McNair said that:

- hiring a new coach will be "major trauma" to the organization and would set us back 2 years. the new coach would want new scouts and new players. (what bullcrap!!!!!)

- you need to identify the problem. our offense is top 5 and defense is bottom 5. You have to determine if you can fix this problem quickly and be successful, without major trauma to the team.

Bob Allen said -- so you are going to keep Gary and get a new defensive coordinator. Boob McNair hemmed and hawed but all but said he would do just that.

It's over guys. Kubiak will be back.

Trap_Star
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
it's patheric...mcnair would fail the owners version of the wonderlic.

Jackie Chiles
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
He is basically making excuses for Gary...he said replacing Gary is "traumatic" and that it sets them back 2 years so you need to diagnose the problem and solve that problem. He then said the defense is the problem. He is so short sighted it is stupid. I'm deflated. He basically is giving Gary a pass despite him hiring the D guy.

Yeah, Bob fears change. I wish he would have been asked how traumatic those changes were for KC and ATL. As if defense is the only problem this team has. I swear I picked up a hint of defiance in his tone on occasion too, just baffling.

Carr Bombed
McNair following a process. Process. Process. Process.

Indicated he wants to achieve success in the shortest period of time; mentions "setting the team back two years" with too many changes.

I guess he should have started two years ago, last year at the latest......

Last year was the time to fire him. Even McNair said playoffs or bust and Gary busted. However instead of firing him he celebrated mediocrity with him and sold everybody on the "first winning season ever".

:rolleyes: Now McNair is just riding this thing out until the wheels fall completely off.

Kimmy

- hiring a new coach will be "major trauma" to the organization and would set us back 2 years. the new coach would want new scouts and new players. (what bullcrap!!!!!)

- you need to identify the problem. our offense is top 5 and defense is bottom 5. You have to determine if you can fix this problem quickly and be successful, without major trauma to the team.

Bob Allen said -- so you are going to keep Gary and get a new defensive coordinator. Boob McNair hemmed and hawed but all but said he would do just that.

Yeah, just said that in another thread ... when have we EVER been worried about SCOUTS?? He is really, REALLY, REALLY reaching ...

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
http://uncapp.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/atomic-blast-images.jpg

Carr Bombed
01-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, Bob fears change. I wish he would have been asked how traumatic those changes were for KC and ATL. As if defense is the only problem this team has. I swear I picked up a hint of defiance in his tone on occasion too, just baffling.

So did I... It was almost like he was mad people were getting on his brofriend. The love affair between these two is strong.

RTP2110
01-02-2011, 10:56 PM

And he didn't verbally confirm it, but he was nodding his head as he dodged the question.

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
http://kbarts.hu/tmp2/city_dest_03.jpg

J_R
01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Kubiak

Feelings after this season?

Frustration. Been tough. Lost a lot of tough games. Didnt lose them getting blown out or lack of effort but didnt make the plays. Proud of the effort today.

This had to be a taxing year.

Toughest one I been through. Been to Super Bowls and had other end of stick too. Team had problems but played through it and had our chances but didnt get over the hump.

What have you learned as a coach?

What I've already known. This is a tough ass business.

Think you'll be back?

I dont know. I said I want to enjoy coaching today and get some sleep tonight. We'll talk tomorrow.

McNair:

First question, will Kubiak be back?

We'll be talking tomorrow. Once that is done, we'll make our decisions.

You havent made up your mind?

Havent finished the process. We look at players, coaches, GM, scout. We started discussions with Gary but havent concluded.

Written in the paper that a decision has been made. Anything to Wade Phillips rumor?

Not my decision. Someone elses decision. We havent made a decision.

You dont know about any changes?

No. We dont make decisions until we analyze everything. When we conclude, I'll make a deicison.

This week?

Yes

As soon as tomorrow?

We have to look at coaches, players and personnel. We do those things one at a time. We'll get done with coaches first. Then players. Then personnel from what we've done with scouts and draft, etc.

When you say we, your GM under scrutiny too. Who is we?

Depends on what we're talking about. Talking about evaluatining team, we're talking to coaches with me and Cal. When looking at scouting, same thing there. Even people we are evalutationg, they participate.

Possible lockout have any effect?

No I dont think so. People ask about it and say what are you gonna do. You have to identify the problem. Didnt perform the way we wanted to. I'm upset about it. We have to find the basis or cause for the record. Until you do that, you cant solve it. You identify the problem. Find where you fall short and then find your options. You can replace everyone. Doing that is tramatic. New coaches wanna replace all the players and everyone. If there is no other recourse than to tear down everything, if you have to do that, you do it. If you can isolate it and not severe, you find what is needed.

Reading between the lines, Gary will be back.

We'll evaluate it. Dont need to be a football expert to determine on O, we'll be a top 5 teams. On D, a bottom 5 team. How can we solve this problem with success in shortest time? Thats how you deal with it.

We're disappointed. We wont quit.

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
http://images.epilogue.net/users/skingraver/ruin_sample.jpg

Maddict5
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
yay, im actually in the minority of 'uber fans' that thinks we'll win next yr with kubiak and an established DC so glad bob is once again ignoring the masses and keeping kubiak around. hope it works out as well as the last time

Marcus
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
He says if he replaces the HC, the new HC will want to "replace the players", therefore the team will be "set back two years". Hmmmm.

So, how is bringing in Wade Phillips as DC, who will want to switch to 3-4, NOT a two year set back?

IMO, if you're gonna have a two-year setback with the defense anyway . . .

J_R
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Kubiak

Feelings after this season?

Frustration. Been tough. Lost a lot of tough games. Didnt lose them getting blown out or lack of effort but didnt make the plays. Proud of the effort today.

This had to be a taxing year.

Toughest one I been through. Been to Super Bowls and had other end of stick too. Team had problems but played through it and had our chances but didnt get over the hump.

What have you learned as a coach?

What I've already known. This is a tough ass business.

Think you'll be back?

I dont know. I said I want to enjoy coaching today and get some sleep tonight. We'll talk tomorrow.

McNair:

First question, will Kubiak be back?

We'll be talking tomorrow. Once that is done, we'll make our decisions.

You havent made up your mind?

Havent finished the process. We look at players, coaches, GM, scout. We started discussions with Gary but havent concluded.

Written in the paper that a decision has been made. Anything to Wade Phillips rumor?

Not my decision. Someone elses decision. We havent made a decision.

You dont know about any changes?

No. We dont make decisions until we analyze everything. When we conclude, I'll make a deicison.

This week?

Yes

As soon as tomorrow?

We have to look at coaches, players and personnel. We do those things one at a time. We'll get done with coaches first. Then players. Then personnel from what we've done with scouts and draft, etc.

When you say we, your GM under scrutiny too. Who is we?

Depends on what we're talking about. Talking about evaluatining team, we're talking to coaches with me and Cal. When looking at scouting, same thing there. Even people we are evalutationg, they participate.

Possible lockout have any effect?

No I dont think so. People ask about it and say what are you gonna do. You have to identify the problem. Didnt perform the way we wanted to. I'm upset about it. We have to find the basis or cause for the record. Until you do that, you cant solve it. You identify the problem. Find where you fall short and then find your options. You can replace everyone. Doing that is tramatic. New coaches wanna replace all the players and everyone. If there is no other recourse than to tear down everything, if you have to do that, you do it. If you can isolate it and not severe, you find what is needed.

Reading between the lines, Gary will be back.

We'll evaluate it. Dont need to be a football expert to determine on O, we'll be a top 5 teams. On D, a bottom 5 team. How can we solve this problem with success in shortest time? Thats how you deal with it.

We're disappointed. We wont quit.

Trap_Star
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
av check

Hookem Horns
01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
This guy is so out of touch with reality. He apparently doesn't even follow the rest of the league by making stupid comments like that.

I really feel for the city of Houston, the fans, and even the players, especially guys like AJ who are all victims of this guy's idiocy. What a moron.

Trap_Star
01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
this team is in the right path.

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 11:03 PM
This.

Can I sport your sig too? I think it's pretty dead on.

I got it from Hookem. I'm sure he won't mind.

BSofA04
01-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Cool, thanks.
:mariopalm:

Trap_Star
01-02-2011, 11:04 PM

all aboard the Wary train! Choo Choooooo!

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 11:05 PM
This guy is so out of touch with reality. He apparently doesn't even follow the rest of the league by making stupid comments like that.

I really feel for the city of Houston, the fans, and even the players, especially guys like AJ who are all victims of this guy's idiocy. What a moron.

I feel the worse for AJ, he is another year older, now with an injury and has not yet, and will probably never get what he has DESERVED!

Then again .. neither did Earl Campbell ... sigh ... time to start drinking

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Detroit South baby! :doot:

CloakNNNdagger
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
SOMEBODY PLEASE CREATE A BOB MCNAIR FACEPALM! THIS MB needs one desperately!

houstonhurricane
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Well, I am glad I don't have to give a crap about the Texans for the next several months, if not longer. I can't wait to see my ticket renewal forms and if they are actually stupid enough to try and raise prices again.

BSofA04
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM

All Aboard!

Mr. White
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
People need to start repping the hell outta HoustonSportsFan09.

He's doing us a hell of a service by transcribing these interviews.....and he does it all the time.

Corrosion
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
You have to give Mcnair some credit here - He's willing to go against the vast majority here because he believes thats what gives him the best chance at success.

He could very well be right and if he is .... many of these detractors will say they approved of his decision even when we have it here in print that they didnt.

Then again he may be dead wrong ....

Lets all hope for the sake of the fans , players and the city that Bob is right and this team puts it together next season and goes on a deep playoff run.

Pollardized
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM

He's doing us a hell of a service by transcribing these interviews.....and he does it all the time.

got him

Nawzer
Bob McNair is in the way of this team getting on the right path.

houstonhurricane
You have to give Mcnair some credit here - He's willing to go against the vast majority here because he believes thats what gives him the best chance at success.

He could very well be right and if he is .... many of these detractors will say they approved of his decision even when we have it here in print that they didnt.

Lets all hope for the sake of the fans , players and the city that Bob is right and this team puts it together next season and goes on a deep playoff run.

If he is wrong and we have another year of suckitude, things are going to implode locally - especially if the available coaching options are much less attractive as this year's crop. Folks like Cowher, Gruden, probably Fisher are all here for the taking...but probably won't be next year.

Mixgosu
01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
hopefully he gags on his metamucil margarita tonight.

Mixgosu
01-02-2011, 11:15 PM

Hope is not a strategy.

djohn2oo8
01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
The movie "inception" comes to mind at this very moment

Mixgosu
01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
The movie "inception" comes to mind at this very moment

actually this photo comes to mind

http://blstb.msn.com/i/AC/266F466CAD7FA74987A20386C9AEE.jpg

Bush surveying the katrina disaster firsthand

houstonspartan

And if he's wrong, people like you will never admit you backed the wrong horse - again.

devo-x
I hope someone close to McNair argues against keeping Kubiak for his sake

It won't necessarily set the offense back

Playoffs
Best decision, imo.

Hope we're watching football next season.

Hoss
01-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Well good luck Texans...

Corrosion
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
And if he's wrong, people like you will never admit you backed the wrong horse - again.

I have no problem eating crow ....

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Bob McNair is in the way of this team getting on the right path.

He knows EXACTLY what he's doing ... selling a product that doesn't exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ezuFFFF38

houstonspartan
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM

Yep. If you were to ask McNair, and many Texans fans, who Raheem Morris, Mike Smith, Sean Payton and Todd Haley were, the response would be "who?".

Sad.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
What is McNair so afraid of? Bringing in a new coach does not mean a clean sweep of the organization. Does he enjoy mediocrity? Does he not realize that when the other NFL owners said the Texans were on the right track, that they were really seeing the true talent on the team and hoping Kubiak would stay so that talent wouldn't reach it's potential? Sick of this. Give me a Jerry Jones type owner anyday. At least he wants to win.

Mixgosu
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/9a90e1.gif

Texans next season

Mr. White
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I understand Bob's reasoning.

"When you hire a new coach, they want their own players and scouts. It sets an organization back 2 years."

I understand it, but I don't agree in the least.

Sean Payton made a worst-to-first turnaround in one season. And in doing so, he turned over almost the whole roster.

Hoss
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Hell give me any team that shows me they want to win.Not just ok with being 500 and under every season..

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Does Kubiak even want to come back? Ugh. **** this.

djohn2oo8
01-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Does Kubiak even want to come back? Ugh. **** this.

Doesn't sound like he wants to...hopefully he actually doesnt want to

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 11:36 PM
yay, im actually in the minority of 'uber fans' that thinks we'll win next yr with kubiak and an established DC so glad bob is once again ignoring the masses and keeping kubiak around. hope it works out as well as the last time

Works out as well as the last time? This will be Kubiak's third DC if/when Frank Bush is fired. Someone is remaining a common denominator in all of this and that is Kubiak. He needs to go. No playoffs in five years! As we sit and watch the Bucs go 10-6, Falcons post a 13 win season, Saints won the SB last year, Chiefs won their division this year, etc. Yet we keep Kubiak for what? A 9-7 season and our offense is awesome? Stats are for losers. Only thing that matters are wins and Gary isn't getting them.

houstonspartan
01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I understand Bob's reasoning.

"When you hire a new coach, they want their own players and scouts. It sets an organization back 2 years."

I understand it, but I don't agree in the least.

Sean Payton made a worst-to-first turnaround in one season. And in doing so, he turned over almost the whole roster.

Yep. Also, had he fired Gary LAST year, as he should have, the team would - using his theory - be set up for NEXT year.

Instead, the team is still stuck waiting for NEXT year, anyway.

That's the real tragedy of this year: it's a lost year. Bob is just putting off the inevitable.

thunderkyss
I still say, all the "hemming & hawing" sounds like they both know McNair is going to "demand" Kubiak fires Frank Bush tomorrow. Neither guy knows what Gary is going to say.

I'd be very disappointed if Gary does fire Frank Bush..... it's just not the "right thing to do" it's not the Gary thing. The biggest problem on defense (personnel) was way beyond Frank Bush's control. All those players were here, minus Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, & Bernard Pollard before he was the DC....

Well, maybe that's reason enough to fire him.... Pollard, Quin, & Jackson.

But I doubt Gary does it.

TEXANRED

I can't say I am backing the horse but it's the correct decision.

Hopefully it's Wade Phillips that gets the nod for our D. If it is, with the talent we have on staff, we have a real good shot at winning the division.

AJ is not getting any younger and the average RB lasts 3 years in the NFL which means by the time the new coach comes in and makes changes Foster is nothing more than a memory.

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
If he had fired Kubiak last yr we would be talking about the future next yr.

Instead of debating what ultimately will be SOS next offseason.

Guess BoB wasn't willing to step up to the plate and get this franchise a proven winner. (Cowher,Billick,Gruden etc....)

Hookem Horns
01-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I still say, all the "hemming & hawing" sounds like they both know McNair is going to "demand" Kubiak fires Frank Bush tomorrow. Neither guy knows what Gary is going to say.

I'd be very disappointed if Gary does fire Frank Bush..... it's just not the "right thing to do" it's not the Gary thing. The biggest problem on defense (personnel) was way beyond Frank Bush's control. All those players were here, minus Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, & Bernard Pollard before he was the DC....

Gary did a crappy thing to land this job. What makes you think he will do no less to save his job?

Hookem Horns
01-02-2011, 11:44 PM

Hopefully it's Wade Phillips that gets the nod for our D. If it is, with the talent we have on staff, we have a real good shot at winning the division.

AJ is not getting any younger and the average RB lasts 3 years in the NFL which means by the time the new coach comes in and makes changes Foster is nothing more than a memory.

No offense Red but your post reminded me of this ... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM

Oh please. We were saying the same things last offseason when our defense was ranked 13th in the league. Rinse and repeat. This team is going nowhere with Kubiak as the HC and it's not even a given that Wade will come to Houston because he has better opportunities, according to his sister.

I'm convinced Kubiak and McNair have some kind of bromance going on.

TEXANRED
01-02-2011, 11:47 PM

Rick Smith plays a big part in this season.

Rick Smith lies to DRob and tags him. And not just tag him but waits to the last second and DRob finds out through the media.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves even got sideways with Smith and thats why he ended up cut. (C'mon folks, tackles, INT's, PD's, he was above average CB)

I would fire Rick Smith before I fired Kubiak.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Wade Phillips is going to be our aspirin.
Or placebo.
hope it works out as well as the last time
What???

Done. Thanks again, HSF09.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 11:52 PM

To be fair, McNair knows that it isn't always going to happen in 2 or 3 years. He's already hired two coaches that couldn't deliver in 2 or 3 years.

If I were McNair, I'd be cautious as well. It would really, really suck to make another change, then 3 years from now, not be as close as he believes we are today.

So hire a "proven winner"....... no such thing. Parcells was that guy when he went to Dallas, Jimmy Johnson was that guy when he went to Miami, Mike Ditka was that guy when he went to New Orleans.....

What is worse than that, is that he may now very well, how Houston can not attract FA players.... they decide to go to other teams, for less money. He may have spoken to Cowher's people, and is sold that he is not serious in the slightest about being the Texans' head coach.

That he just wants to use us in a bidding war.

We'll never know everything that Mr. McNair knows, all the inputs to his decision. All we'll ever know, is the final decision.

Mr. White
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves even got sideways with Smith and thats why he ended up cut. (C'mon folks, tackles, INT's, PD's, he was above average CB)

I think you're right, but I also think there's more to the story.

Seems like there are a lot of guys out there who get exiled from the league even after they have a good season in Houston. Will Demps and Ron Dayne come to mind right away.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Then why wasn't Reeves picked up by another team? Above average CBs don't stay unemployed.

Reeves stunk. Another example of the Texans inability to identify defensive backfield talent.

Nawzer
01-02-2011, 11:57 PM
I really hope McNair comes up with a better reason than its going to be traumatic for the team to change head coaches now. Its actually a pathetic reason if for keeping Kubiak. Teams like the Saints, Chiefs, Bucs, and others have changed coaches and even the SeaHawks (i know they're 7-9) made the playoffs this year with a new coach. And hell yeah I want player changes. Did he see the players we have on defense this year??? I want most of the defensive players gone anyway!!! Really disappointing that he doesn't even seem to have a good reason for keeping Kubiak in his own head.

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 11:57 PM

Yeah. I'm still trying to figure out something appropriately grim for my avatar.

wagonhed
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I really hope McNair comes up with a better reason than its going to be traumatic for the team to change head coaches now. Its actually a pathetic reason if for keeping Kubiak. Teams like the Saints, Chiefs, Bucs, and others have changed coaches and even the SeaHawks (i know they're 7-9) made the playoffs this year with a new coach. And hell yeah I want player changes. Did he see the players we have on defense this year??? I want most of the defensive players gone anyway!!! Really disappointing that he doesn't even seem to have a good reason for keeping Kubiak in his own head.

There simply is no good reason. Any reason he pulls out of his ass is any good/bad as any other. Who the **** cares. We have Kubiak for another year, it can't get much worse than that no matter how Bob tries to shine the **** he is giving us.

Carr Bombed

If he is right next season, I'd GLADLY come on here and tell people how much of a moron I was, because if I'm wrong and Bob's right, that means the Texans had a great year and that's the only thing people want.

I already started a thread talking about the great season Chris Myers had...I have no problem being wrong if it means my team did well.

I just don't think he'll be right. I'm one of those "look at the past" kind of guys and you are what your record says you are.

TEXANRED
Oh please. We were saying the same things last offseason when our defense was ranked 13th in the league. Rinse and repeat. This team is going nowhere with Kubiak as the HC and it's not even a given that Wade will come to Houston because he has better opportunities, according to his sister.

I'm convinced Kubiak and McNair have some kind of bromance going on.

You can't replace both of your starting corners and think you will get better. It's not like we had corners in waiting.

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Then why wasn't Reeves picked up by another team? Above average CBs don't stay unemployed.

Reeves stunk. Another example of the Texans inability to identify defensive backfield talent.

Explain to me how he stunk?

How many TD's did he give up in 2008? 3? 4 INT's? 19 PD's?
I have no idea what happened in 2009. 5 games started? Why? He was always with his guy step for step.

He probably gave Bush and Smith lip. Questioned Bush's 15 yard cushion and defensive positioning.

But who knows.

Nawzer
01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
You can't replace both of your starting corners and think you will get better. It's not like we had corners in waiting.

You said it right there. If they knew our corner situation was going to be weak, why did they not do something about it? How could these professionals have so badly misjudged the talent we have at that position? Our secondary has been an issue ever since this new regime was hired but they always went for the stopgap route instead of trying to fix it properly. So, my point is that they knew that our secondary was going to be an issue going into this critical year and miscalculated horribly. That in and of itself is a legitimate reason for firing the entire coaching staff along with the GM. But to McNair we're on the right path.

Lucky
01-03-2011, 12:13 AM

I have no idea what happened in 2009. 5 games started? Why? He was always with his guy step for step.

He probably gave Bush and Smith lip. Questioned Bush's 15 yard cushion and defensive positioning.

But who knows.
How many PIs did Reeves get due to not looking back for the ball? I don't know where you got the stats from, but 19 PDs indicate that QBs were looking his way. For a reason.

Bottom line is, Reeves is out of the league. So 32 NFL teams agree with me.

steelbtexan
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Traumatic= Having to pay 2 coaches during lockout.. Says McNair.

TEXANRED
01-03-2011, 12:21 AM
How many PIs did Reeves get due to not looking back for the ball? I don't know where you got the stats from, but 19 PDs indicate that QBs were looking his way. For a reason.

Bottom line is, Reeves is out of the league. So 32 NFL teams agree with me.

I can't find the stats. It's one of those IIRC from an article I read at the beginning of last season.

I can't verify it. That's why I put the ??? at the end.

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. But to me, what I watched, Reeves was a really good CB and the only reason why he even got flack on this board was b/c we all listened to Crygirl fans who made him their scape goat for sucking.

houstonspartan
01-03-2011, 12:24 AM
To be fair, McNair knows that it isn't always going to happen in 2 or 3 years. He's already hired two coaches that couldn't deliver in 2 or 3 years.

If I were McNair, I'd be cautious as well. It would really, really suck to make another change, then 3 years from now, not be as close as he believes we are today.

So hire a "proven winner"....... no such thing. Parcells was that guy when he went to Dallas, Jimmy Johnson was that guy when he went to Miami, Mike Ditka was that guy when he went to New Orleans.....

What is worse than that, is that he may now very well, how Houston can not attract FA players.... they decide to go to other teams, for less money. He may have spoken to Cowher's people, and is sold that he is not serious in the slightest about being the Texans' head coach.

That he just wants to use us in a bidding war.

We'll never know everything that Mr. McNair knows, all the inputs to his decision. All we'll ever know, is the final decision.

I don't believe that you believe a word of what you just wrote.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 12:29 AM
If he is right next season, I'd GLADLY come on here and tell people how much of a moron I was, because if I'm wrong and Bob's right, that means the Texans had a great year and that's the only thing people want.

I already started a thread talking about the great season Chris Myers had...I have no problem being wrong if it means my team did well.

I just don't think he'll be right. I'm one of those "look at the past" kind of guys and you are what your record says you are.

Exactly. I'd love to be wrong about Kubiak next year. I said the same thing this season and was prepared for the crow buffet when we were 4-2 heading into the bye, facing an Indy team that sucked against the run. I was thinking "man, Kubiak is just going to run Arian down the Colts' throats and we'll be 5-2!". Little did I know....:kubepalm:

Maddict5
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Works out as well as the last time? This will be Kubiak's third DC if/when Frank Bush is fired. Someone is remaining a common denominator in all of this and that is Kubiak. He needs to go. No playoffs in five years! As we sit and watch the Bucs go 10-6, Falcons post a 13 win season, Saints won the SB last year, Chiefs won their division this year, etc. Yet we keep Kubiak for what? A 9-7 season and our offense is awesome? Stats are for losers. Only thing that matters are wins and Gary isn't getting them.

the last time this many ppl were calling the texans idiots, a laughing stock & out of touch was when they passed on a HoF rb for some raw, combine wonder DE from NC State.

im not going to argue with anyone over this again when theres plenty of that in every other thread so il just put forward my view & why im looking forward reasonably optimistically.

our offence only 'put up stats' because they dont have a defence to complement it. yes that is partly kubiak fault for not having the right coaches in place but we all knew coming in he was an offensive guy so its not like hes flip flopped on this to just save his own ass

richard smith was a mistake- but he wasnt kubiak's first choice. he had to hire somebody- he was a rookie HC on a terrible team. its not like respected DC's were flocking to houston to come work for him.

frank bush, in hindsight & to a lesser extent- due to the fact he actually showed he could coordinate a semi decent D last yr, was also a mistake hire due to the inexcusable performance this year. although he was kubiaks first day preferred choice, he was still another rookie DC.

now i think kubiak knows it was a mistake and wont make that same mistake again and from now on will hand over the reigns to established, successful DC's (something he should be able to do now with the talent amassed). should he have done this after the richard smith era- probably but its somewhat understandable that he wanted to give a shot to a coach he believed in & wanted from the get go

yes, the offence hasnt played many full games this year but next yr with a fully healthy squad (100% AJ & OD, tate) and the improvements we have made this year (foster, ward and the line). i actually think a healthy OD was a huge loss to us this year and a big reason why the offence sputtered at times. you look at the last few years and OD was a huge 3rd down player for us. without him, we've relied on others including JJ & dreessen who have dropped quite a few of these drive ending balls

this problem was once again compounded by the fact our terrible D would let the other teams offence hold the ball for huge chunks at a time before letting them score so our offence would usually only have around 3 drives a half in which to keep up

so thats why im good with this decision. sometimes the hardest thing to see is the simple answer and i think thats whats going on here. with a capable, even average defence this team should win alot of games like all those teams you've mentioned. many are bringing up culture, soft mentality etc and other intangible problems & i dont really see it tbh. is the offence soft? cos theyve been pushing around alot of 'tough defences' like the ravens, raiders, chargers titans even jags when they get going. to me, its just a pretty simple question of talent & execution which the D has lacked this yr

kubiak has shown he can, has & will get the offence to execute for the most part, despite being a 'marsh-mallow' :rolleyes: something wade has also done in the past with defences.

***** all you want now. i dont really care. il be here enjoying the ride. most of ye will aswell by the time the new season rolls around

i will now finish my longest post by far ever. now i know how herv & GP etc feel

thunderkyss
01-03-2011, 12:37 AM

But who knows.

He was probably sleeping in team meetings, showing up late, breaking curfew..... etc.

Maddict5
01-03-2011, 12:57 AM

while i appreciate the honesty and say fair play etc. i think its fair to ask (not only of you but everyone who acts/posts this way about myers/mario/kubiak & bob now etc) also whether posting a thread a year or whatever later basically saying 'i was wrong' makes up for the constant barrage of insults & criticism in loads of posts/threads.

to me, making an effort not to make such rash judgements etc would take alot more effort & id have alot more respect for actions instead of words.

btw reading that back, parts of it sound self-righteous which im not trying to be so sorry if it sounds like that but hopefully ppl can try to see what im saying

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 01:06 AM
while i appreciate the honesty and say fair play etc. i think its fair to ask (not only of you but everyone who acts/posts this way about myers/mario/kubiak & bob now etc) also whether posting a thread a year or whatever later basically saying 'i was wrong' makes up for the constant barrage of insults & criticism in loads of posts/threads.

to me, making an effort not to make such rash judgements etc would take alot more effort & id have alot more respect for actions instead of words.

btw reading that back, parts of it sound self-righteous which im not trying to be so sorry if it sounds like that but hopefully ppl can try to see what im saying

And when Kubiak shows once again next season that he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team anywhere, will all the people calling other people "fake fans" because they want to return PSLs/season tickets make a thread apologizing? I doubt it happens. So far, the Kubiak supporters have been dead wrong. Dude hasn't shown anything except that he can assemble talent (and forgets about the talent he has...Arian Foster last season as an example). I'm prepared for another 5-7 record after 12 games for the fifth straight year.

houstonspartan
01-03-2011, 01:10 AM

Yes, you sound self-righteous.

Go back at look at the fire Kubiak thread, and pay attention to right after Kubiak got his extension. Those of us who wanted Kubiak gone were getting laughed at and slammed left and right. People were making rash judgements against those who thought the extension was a mistake.

The difference is that those who want Kubiak gone WANT to be wrong, and will gladly eat as much crow as necessary. Those who worship him wi do so regardless, and will play victim.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 01:28 AM
the last time this many ppl were calling the texans idiots, a laughing stock & out of touch was when they passed on a HoF rb for some raw, combine wonder DE from NC State.

And that "HOF RB" helped his team win a Super Bowl last season (and he actually had a great postseason last year, too). He probably thanks God every night that the Texans didn't draft him.

our offence only 'put up stats' because they dont have a defence to complement it. yes that is partly kubiak fault for not having the right coaches in place but we all knew coming in he was an offensive guy so its not like hes flip flopped on this to just save his own ass

BS. The defense was ranked 13th in 2009 and we still didn't make the playoffs (and with a pretty weak schedule at that). Plus, our offense still only plays on half of football. That's on Kubiak.

richard smith was a mistake- but he wasnt kubiak's first choice. he had to hire somebody- he was a rookie HC on a terrible team. its not like respected DC's were flocking to houston to come work for him.

frank bush, in hindsight & to a lesser extent- due to the fact he actually showed he could coordinate a semi decent D last yr, was also a mistake hire due to the inexcusable performance this year. although he was kubiaks first day preferred choice, he was still another rookie DC.

And do you think respected DCs will flock to the Texans this coming season? Especially when Kubiak's job is on the line (boy I hated writing this last sentence...his job was suppose to be on the line this year if there were no playoffs). Wade Phillips probably isn't even coming here, according to his sister. He has "better opportunities" and I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to come to Houston with Kubiak as the HC. The entire defense regressed this season under Frank Bush. The scheme is so vanilla and QBs love playing against us because of it. Why would Kubiak hire an unproven DC like Frank Bush? He did it, so he should have to live with his decision. You can't blame this season's failures all on the DC. Kubiak should leave along with the DC that he had picked, without even checking around for other candidates (Gregg Williams and his Super Bowl ring with New Orleans say hello). I don't even think Kubiak interviewed anybody else BUT Frank Bush.

now i think kubiak knows it was a mistake and wont make that same mistake again and from now on will hand over the reigns to established, successful DC's (something he should be able to do now with the talent amassed). should he have done this after the richard smith era- probably but its somewhat understandable that he wanted to give a shot to a coach he believed in & wanted from the get go

So, Kubiak continues to get a pass? Like I said, it isn't all on the defense. The DC didn't decide to not run Arian Foster against a Colts D that was terrible against the run (on MNF). The DC isn't responsible for the horrible timeout/clock/challenge management that Kubiak is in charge of. Yeah, it's understandable that Kubiak wanted to give a shot to his friend, but his friend failed (as did Kubiak) and they both should be gone. Kubiak needs to live with his decision. Not be cradled like a baby by McNair and given a free pass.

yes, the offence hasnt played many full games this year but next yr with a fully healthy squad (100% AJ & OD, tate) and the improvements we have made this year (foster, ward and the line). i actually think a healthy OD was a huge loss to us this year and a big reason why the offence sputtered at times. you look at the last few years and OD was a huge 3rd down player for us. without him, we've relied on others including JJ & dreessen who have dropped quite a few of these drive ending balls

The Texans aren't the only team with injuries you know. Ryan Grant was lost for the year and the Packers offense still did great. It's like Kubiak's supporters feel everything must go right in order for Kubiak to succeed. All the players must be 100% healthy, the schedule has to be easy, etc. If something doesn't go right, then it's not on Gary and we should give him another year. I hate that kind of mindset. Real HCs know to to adapt when injuries and things happen. According to Darwinism, Kubiak would be extinct right now.

this problem was once again compounded by the fact our terrible D would let the other teams offence hold the ball for huge chunks at a time before letting them score so our offence would usually only have around 3 drives a half in which to keep up

Let's be clear here, the defense did its part in many games this year. The offense just didn't come through and had short drives at the beginning. This put the defense on the field longer, thus tiring them out. This has been a one half football team the entire time Gary has been the HC. Now, obviously there were games where the opposing team just game out throwing haymakers to the defense, but let's not act like the offense was high powered from the get-go. That didn't happen until after halftime when they started playing desperate. Why can't they play desperate from the beginning?

so thats why im good with this decision. sometimes the hardest thing to see is the simple answer and i think thats whats going on here. with a capable, even average defence this team should win alot of games like all those teams you've mentioned. many are bringing up culture, soft mentality etc and other intangible problems & i dont really see it tbh. is the offence soft? cos theyve been pushing around alot of 'tough defences' like the ravens, raiders, chargers titans even jags when they get going. to me, its just a pretty simple question of talent & execution which the D has lacked this yr

Like I said, our defense was ranked 13th last year and the Texans still didn't make the playoffs (with a cupcake schedule at that). I think the excuse last year was we didn't have a running game until Foster came in at the end of the season. There are so many other things besides just the offense. You have to look at the entire body of work and Gary Kubiak has failed. 5-7 after 12 for four straight seasons now. No playoffs in the five years he has been here. Horrible clock management and gameplanning. Not realizing the talent he has rotting away on the roster. I just can't believe people are okay with bringing back Kubiak for ANOTHER year. Your post is almost no different than what people were saying in defense of Kubiak last year. It's the same ol', same ol'. Rinse and repeat.

kubiak has shown he can, has & will get the offence to execute for the most part, despite being a 'marsh-mallow' :rolleyes: something wade has also done in the past with defences.

For a half. I haven't see the offense play a full game of football until today. And apparently, Gary stood far away from the line of scrimmage the entire game. Maybe that's a sign. The farther Gary is away from the team, the better they will be.

***** all you want now. i dont really care. il be here enjoying the ride. most of ye will aswell by the time the new season rolls around

i will now finish my longest post by far ever. now i know how herv & GP etc feel

I just find nothing to be optimistic about. At least if we would have lost today, we would have had the sixth pick in the draft and a chance at one of the top defensive prospects. Now, we're picking 11th and the top defensive prospects will all be gone by the time we pick.

6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, 6-10. That's Kubiak's body of work, and people are actually okay with that? No playoffs at all. I envy teams like the Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Chiefs, and hell, even the Lions now that aren't afraid to make head coaching changes if things aren't going right. It's just downright embarrassing for the City of Houston to be represented by this bumbling franchise and owner. The other owners see the talent in this team. That's why they told McNair that we're on the right track...so he can keep Kubiak. They know Kubiak can't lead this team and don't want the Texans to get a HC that can (Cowher).

I'm glad the stadium was empty for the game today, but looks like that wasn't enough.

Wolf6151
01-03-2011, 01:37 AM

I agree and am thinking we don't need new coaches, we need a new owner.

Maddict5
01-03-2011, 01:54 AM
could go quote all your parts too but like i said not going to argue, esp since you're kinda defending bush & kinda somehow making it out that we didnt make the right decision (although cant rly understand what you're saying there actually tbh), everything with the texans was/is absolutely turrible with the texans in your eyes.

- you're right. the D did their part last yr for the most part. no running game or kicker cost us at least 3 games- and arguably nearly all of them bar the jets game. we shouldve been a double digit win team. in fairness, kubiak fixed those problems on that side of the ball that he specialises in. so wouldnt it be fair to assume that, witha solid D, and those problems fixed, we could easily get there next yr?

- i think the last few weeks have shown kubiaks offence doesnt have to be 100% healthy to be successful. any game AJ has missed this yr, the offence hardly missed a beat. it was still effective with sage at the helm a few yrs back. its just imo the loss of OD caused quite a few drives to stall & the D exposed that more by not holding.

- you say the D did their part in most of the games? really? not even going to bother

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 02:08 AM
could go quote all your parts too but like i said not going to argue, esp since you're kinda defending bush & kinda somehow making it out that we didnt make the right decision (although cant rly understand what you're saying there actually tbh), everything with the texans was/is absolutely turrible with the texans in your eyes.

I'm not defending Bush. I'm saying if Kubiak thought Bush was right for the job, then he should have to live with that decision. If Bush trotted out a great defense this year, Kubiak would look like a genius. But, he didn't and Kubiak should be fired, along with Bush. But everything with the Texans is terrible in my eyes? You damn right. I have no idea what they are doing, or how they plan on winning anything in this league with keeping Kubiak even longer. We are seriously the laughing stock of the league. A joke of a franchise. The Lions have more respect than us now. Everyone was laughing at the Bucs last year, but they are 10-6 this year. Meanwhile, the Texans won three less games than last year (bringing Kubiak back to his win total of his rookie coaching season), yet Kubiak should stay?

- you're right. the D did their part last yr for the most part. no running game or kicker cost us at least 3 games- and arguably nearly all of them bar the jets game. we shouldve been a double digit win team. in fairness, kubiak fixed those problems on that side of the ball that he specialises in. so wouldnt it be fair to assume that, witha solid D, and those problems fixed, we could easily get there next yr?

No kicker? Who does that fall on? How many times in one season do we see a coach release a kicker, higher a new one, and move on? It's like we couldn't release Kris Brown for some nostalgic reason. He was an "original Texan". And yeah, we should have been a double-digit win team last year, but Kubiak wanted to throw half-back passes with Chris Brown instead of keeping the ball in Schaub's hands. Kubiak wanted to trot out Chris Brown on MNF like it was some fairy tale (he would get revenge on his old team). So many other examples. And Kubiak fixed those problems on the side of the ball he specializes in? ****, I think you just proved my point. Kubiak is an OC, and NOT a head coach. Head coaches oversee the entire team. It's obvious that Kubiak can't handle that. After the 2008 season, people said we finally had a running game and that 2009 would be our year. We finally had a running game! What happened? Another average season.

And as far as the "no running game", Kubiak had Foster riding the pine in 2009. We could have had a running game, but Kubiak doesn't know who he has.

- i think the last few weeks have shown kubiaks offence doesnt have to be 100% healthy to be successful. any game AJ has missed this yr, the offence hardly missed a beat. it was still effective with sage at the helm a few yrs back. its just imo the loss of OD caused quite a few drives to stall & the D exposed that more by not holding.

Sounds like another lame excuse to me. Many teams deal with injuries, but continue winning. Why is it that the Texans can't?

- you say the D did their part in most of the games? really? not even going to bother

I didn't say most of the games. I said many games and yes, they did (at least in the first half of the season). The offense would continue to get three and outs and put the defense back out on the field. Then, the opposing team would start racking up the yards on the tired defense due to the inept offense in the first half. The rest is history.

scourge
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm not defending Bush. I'm saying if Kubiak thought Bush was right for the job, then he should have to live with that decision. If Bush trotted out a great defense this year, Kubiak would look like a genius. But, he didn't and Kubiak should be fired, along with Bush. But everything with the Texans is terrible in my eyes? You damn right. I have no idea what they are doing, or how they plan on winning anything in this league with keeping Kubiak even longer. We are seriously the laughing stock of the league. A joke of a franchise. The Lions have more respect than us now. Everyone was laughing at the Bucs last year, but they are 10-6 this year. Meanwhile, the Texans won three less games than last year (bringing Kubiak back to his win total of his rookie coaching season), yet Kubiak should stay?

I think he was referring to you Reggie Bush comment.

J_R
01-03-2011, 06:11 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7876261

Heath Shuler
01-03-2011, 07:38 AM
McNair wouldn’t know a football if Bob Allen shoved one up his ass.

HTown2ATX
01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Wow.......what an epic joke. Knowing that we were probably going to keep Stupiak thanks to Boob McNair and our craptastic season that was had is why I watched maybe about 10 minutes total of the game yesterday.

Apathy level is sky high and thank GOD this season is finally over. :mariopalm:

:flush:

Buffi2
01-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I was with old Bob when he said the defense was a problem. But - does he not see that the offense doesn't play but one quarter of a game? Doesn't he see that the offense rarely scores in the first half of any game? That isn't a problem that equals the problem on the defensive side? What we have here is an owner with blinders on.

Wolf6151
01-03-2011, 09:34 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7876261

This just proved how detached and clueless McNair really is. I just have to shake my head and walk away.

Why should I care about the Texans when it's obvious that the owner doesn't?

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I think he was referring to you Reggie Bush comment.

Oh. I was being sarcastic with calling him a HOF RB (hence the quotations I used), but Reggie Bush was an integral part of the Saints Super Bowl run. He also had a great postseason for them. He's VERY happy the Texans didn't pick them.

Double Barrel
01-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I am now thoroughly convinced that the perpetual mediocrity of this franchise year after year is directly attributable to the owner. Dude is a goober, and while he probably wants to win, he is clueless how to achieve it.

Enjoy the ReliantWorld Gameday Experience®, because that is the only thing this franchise has going for it.

Runner
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I am now thoroughly convinced that the perpetual mediocrity of this franchise year after year is directly attributable to the owner. Dude is a goober, and while he probably wants to win, he is clueless how to achieve it.

Enjoy the ReliantWorld Gameday Experience®, because that is the only thing this franchise has going for it.

I find it funny that he is concerned that changing the coaches could set the team back a couple of years. This was also an argument used on the board last year in favor of keeping Kubiak.

Keeping the coaches set them back from 9-7 to 6-10. Someone is missing something.

Double Barrel
01-03-2011, 11:07 AM
I find it funny that he is concerned that changing the coaches could set the team back a couple of years. This was also an argument used on the board last year in favor of keeping Kubiak.

Keeping the coaches set them back from 9-7 to 6-10. Someone is missing something.

yeah, fans are missing money from their bank accounts to support this garbage franchise. :winky:

I hate to be so blunt, but it is what it is. The Texans are crap, and they always have been. And I think they will remain that way as long as this owner places myopic loyalty to losers above accountability and finding the most qualified people to run his little franchise.

This team is an embarrassment to the city, the fan base, and the NFL. And yet Bob carries that goofy little ****-eating grin, revealing the depth of clueless ineptness inside his head. It is an amazingly pathetic cycle year after year after year.

wagonhed
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
yeah, fans are missing money from their bank accounts to support this garbage franchise. :winky:

I hate to be so blunt, but it is what it is. The Texans are crap, and they always have been. And I think they will remain that way as long as this owner places myopic loyalty to losers above accountability and finding the most qualified people to run his little franchise.

This team is an embarrassment to the city, the fan base, and the NFL. And yet Bob carries that goofy little ****-eating grin, revealing the depth of clueless ineptness inside his head. It is an amazingly pathetic cycle year after year after year.

great post, I love it.

gwallaia
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM

I am especially looking forward to another fun filled Hispanic Heritage Day. What surprises will be in store for us next season during this special day?

The1ApplePie
01-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Isn't Bob one of the guys that will be most responsible for a lockout?

I know him and Jerry don't want to share revenue with the Buffalo Bills, but come on!

NitroGSXR
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
*snores*

Wake me up when press conference is up. We got all week.

Porky
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
"I wish I knew how to quit you"
http://culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2010-12-27/Bob_McNair_Gary_Kubiak.800w_600h.jpg

Playoffs
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
...Give me a Jerry Jones type owner anyday...
Huh? You're cooking in the wrong parking lot, there, buddy.

I would fire Rick Smith before I fired Kubiak.Exactly. Hire a real GM, give him the power to hire a DC -- not necessarily someone Gary gets along with philosophically or otherwise.

If Kubes does not work out next season -- if there is a season -- the GM will be in place & knowledgeable enough about the organization to know what to keep and what to scrap. Our drafting has been sub-par with current setup.

OzzO
01-03-2011, 12:38 PM
So, does that mean Wade (or any DC worth a poo) is coming in for one year? 'Cause if the Texans don't make it NEXT year.... then by golly in the FOLLOWING year of 2012 Mr. McNair absolutley, defintely, positively, with a cherry on top Kubiak is gone if he doesn't make the playoffs THAT year.

Hmmm, so last year was playoffs or bust....

This year was we'll absolutely make it considering how we ended the previous year...

With next year being our (supposed) 3rd year in the playoffs - we oughta be bowl bound or bust!

Championship!

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Huh? You're cooking in the wrong parking lot, there, buddy.

Why? At least Jones cares about winning and makes the changes for his team to have success. McNair is content with being average. You think Kubiak would still be the coach of the Cowboys after going 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, and then 6-10 again? Wade Phillips got fired after going 13-3, 9-7, 11-5 (and won their first playoff game in a decade), and then finally started the season 1-6 (with a win over Kubiak).

Part of it could be the sports media. I live in DFW currently, and their sports media is loads better than Houston's. They ask the tough questions. It seems Houston sports media is afraid to ask Kubiak and McNair the tough questions, because they'd have their credentials revoked and not allowed into Reliant.

Do explain your reasoning why McNair should not have an ounce of Jerry Jones' mindset in him.