PDA

View Full Version : We won but "Good Grief!!!"

nut
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I guess it looks like the same crap next year. McNair seems hell bent for leather on keeping Gary Kubiak around again in 2011. Man, those tickets are expensive and we get nothing but grief for our dough. Instead of paying the whole tab, why not give McNair half the money, forget about the tickets, go out in Reliant parking lot, let Kubiak kick you in the nuts and call it even.

BetaV1
01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Boy I'm sure glad we don't have enough of these topics already.

CretorFrigg
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, did you guys notice how empty the stadium was today?

nut
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM

It was empty but all the seats were paid for. That is part of the problem.

gwallaia
01-02-2011, 07:26 PM
It felt good to stick it to the Jags.

sakebomb
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
It felt good to stick it to the Jags.

It pissed me off actually. Damn losers can't win a game when they need to. Thanks for winning another meaningless game in December. Our guys are great at that. Here's to 2011.

The only thing this game told us is Trent Edwards is slightly better than Rusty Smith.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Shhhh....you must spout the line. FALL IN LINE, NEWBIE.

/

axman40
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
It pissed me off actually. Damn losers can't win a game when they need to. Thanks for winning another meaningless game in December. Our guys are great at that. Here's to 2011.

The only thing this game told us is Trent Edwards is slightly better than Rusty Smith.
Man it's January!The Texans are 1-0 in January!
:kubepalm:

GNTLEWOLF
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM

It's not like anybody is forcing you to read it....
You have the right to go make a "all joy King Kubiak is back" thread if you desire....

Big Lou
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Shhhh....you must spout the line. FALL IN LINE, NEWBIE.

/

When we were 4-2 the board was blowing up with newbies, and now it's blowing up
when we suck. Who says 8 and 8 was so bad!!!!!!

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
It's not like anybody is forcing you to read it....
You have the right to go make a "all joy King Kubiak is back" thread if you desire....

Where in his post did it indicate that that was his position?

Clutter is unnecessary.

CloakNNNdagger
01-02-2011, 10:27 PM

It was empty but all the seats were paid for. That is part of the problem.

Did you notice there was hardly any traffic coming to the stadium,

that parking space was doubled because tailgating areas were less than half occupied,

that there was a record number of empty seats,

that the fan noise level was very low,

that the fan exiting began at half time (despite our lead), continued increasingly by 3rd Q, and 3/4 empty within 10 minutes of the end of the game.

Did you notice that you could hear the person sitting next to you (and across the aisle) clearly even during peak noise levels. In fact you could hear the peanut man 2 aisles down.

Did you notice that the "excitement" had really left the building before the game even started.

Yes, the seats were all evidently paid for. However, I feel that the fans have given their first sign that "Mr. McNair, we've all but had it."

The most telling picture I saw was when 2 young boys........couldn't have been any more than 10 years old..........shouted out to a ticket holder in unison as they were leaving, "Hey mister, that sign was AWESOME!" "The sign? BOTTOM LINE BOB!

I hope that McNair gets the message by the time our next generation in this city shows their preference for and turns all their interest to basketball, baseball.................or ping pong.

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
[SIZE="3"]Did you notice there was hardly any traffic coming to the stadium,

snip

Did you notice me falling asleep in the 1st quarter? :) True story.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Glad to hear that CND. Could be a reason why McNair hasn't said Kubiak is for sure staying, unlike the Giants, Cowboys, and Vikings owners all did today. And with the Giants supporting Coughlin, that's less competition for Cowher. I'm sure McNair knows that.

GNTLEWOLF
01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Where in his post did it indicate that that was his position?

Clutter is unnecessary.
I never said I thought that was his position.
My point was that anybody has a right to make any thread, or any number of threads about any topic they wish to.
Oh, and if somebody else doesn't like it, they don't have to read it.
As for clutter...what is and isn't clutter is in the eyes of the beholder and at the discretion of the author.

DerekLee1
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM

Actually the upper level was packed, and the lower bowl mostly full. It was the middle levels in particular that were incredibly barren.

Of course, by midway throughout the 4th there were like 200 people left in the whole stadium. Odd, even in victory people leave early.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I never said I thought that was his position.
My point was that anybody has a right to make any thread, or any number of threads about any topic they wish to.
Oh, and if somebody else doesn't like it, they don't have to read it.
As for clutter...what is and isn't clutter is in the eyes of the beholder and at the discretion of the author.

Well, if you didnt think that was his position, then you wouldn't have thrown that in there.

As for clutter, yes, but you'd think people could throw crap into other existing threads.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Actually the upper level was packed, and the lower bowl mostly full. It was the middle levels in particular that were incredibly barren.

Of course, by midway throughout the 4th there were like 200 people left in the whole stadium. Odd, even in victory people leave early.

Because people don't give a damn about this Kubiak-led team. It's why the stadium was pretty empty throughout the game and got REALLY empty in the fourth. Like I said, there is a reason why McNair hasn't officially said Kubiak is back. He knows people are tired of it now.

GNTLEWOLF
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Well, if you didnt think that was his position, then you wouldn't have thrown that in there.

As for clutter, yes, but you'd think people could throw crap into other existing threads.

Actually, That is not true...I threw that in there not because I thought that was his position, but because that would be a thread I would not be interested in reading, nor would I.