PDA

View Full Version : Grade Cushing's Season ( I give him an D)

Mixgosu
01-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow, I have never seen a year on year decline in performance as I did with Cushing..and possibly Merriman

SpringTexan
01-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow, I have never seen a year on year decline in performance as I did with Cushing..and possibly Merriman

And Steve Slaton.

To be fair to Cushing he was moved around and was gone for four games. He never really had a chance to get settled in.

2slik4u
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Pollard???

Mixgosu
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I think Pollard's was a function of the secondary being soo awful

2slik4u
01-01-2011, 08:45 PM

Well, with that being said, Cushings was a function of the defense being so awful.

Chicken or the egg????

Brisco_County
01-01-2011, 08:47 PM
That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had some big games.

2slik4u
01-01-2011, 08:48 PM

I dont buy that at all. There is always bright spots in crappy defenses. Every time Pollard was asked to cover as opposed to the limited blitzes that we sent him on, he was continually getting burned or blowing coverage.

Also, he missed numerous tackles that didnt seem as apparent last season. Maybe I didnt notice last season, but Ive been glued this year.

Am I the only seeing this???

Mixgosu
01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had one game.

fixed it for ya

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
All Cushing's stats changed drastically for the worst when he went from pregnant last year to just plain feminine this year.:kitten:

Showtime100
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
To be fair to Cushing he was moved around and was gone for four games. He never really had a chance to get settled in.

That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had some big games.

Two letters for ya, BS.

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I would give him a C

Next yr we will see if it was OTA syndrome or the juice.

houstonhurricane
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah, if the guy was out four games due to injury I would be more lenient in grading him; however, any missed time was solely brought about by his own actions so a C- seems appropriate.

Ghostform
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
C+. Hopefully he doesn't overtrain or find anymore tumors this offseason.

SpringTexan
01-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Two letters for ya, BS.

How so?

76Texan
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
All Cushing's stats changed drastically for the worst when he went from pregnant last year to just plain feminine this year.:kitten:

Nice! LOL!

Showtime100
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
How so?

Cushing was a piece of **** this year IMO. I give him an F.

Hervoyel
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I have to call it "Incomplete".

Brisco_County
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
fixed it for ya

I'm surprised that someone so clever didn't stop to do a little homework before talking out his ass:

2009:

Games: 16
Tackles: 134
Yards for loss: 41
Interceptions: 4
Forced Fumbles: 2
Sacks: 5
Passes deflected: 10

2010:

Games: 11
Tackles: 71
Yards for loss: 12
Interceptions: 0
Forced Fumbles: 1
Sacks: 2
Passes deflected: 4

That's after missing four games, playing MLB at least two games, and with the worst secondary in the NFL giving him no support.

Comparing Cushing's 2010 stats to those of the other OLB, Zach Diles:

Games: 14
Tackles: 79
Yards for loss: 0
Forced Fumbles: 0
Sacks: 0
Passes deflected: 0

Stick to the Dragonball forums if you're not going to support your arguments.

Texaninlild
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm surprised that someone so clever didn't stop to do a little homework before talking out his ass:

2009:

2010:

That's after missing four games, playing MLB at least two games, and with the worst secondary in the NFL giving him no support.

'A' on the illustration of stats. The inside out, pathetic defense, and missed games helped to contribute to his less than stellar year. The Texans have bigger problems.

Big Lou
01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
In overall terms: B-

However if you compare it to last years game and add that level of expectation C-.

He missed 4 games, was moved around, lost a Pro-Bowler beside him and played next to several different guys. Its easy to overlook knowing what the guy beside you is gonna do.

I was dissappointed in some plays I keyed in to Cushing on this year, last year he would have blown the other guy up, this year he got burned a couple of times.

Mixgosu
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM

2009:

2010:

lol? No need to , the numbers speak for themselves. Interceptions down to ZERO...that's a four hundred percent decline year on year. Forced Fumbles, Sacks, and Passes deflected production fell by over HALF year on year.

Only an ***** would think that's acceptable.....don't even get me started on when some of the plays last year occurred vs. this year. Most of this year's production was Insignificant.

Rey
01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
I can't blame Cushing too much.

This coaching staff doesn't a poor job of developing talent.

Big Lou
01-01-2011, 11:18 PM
lol? No need to , the numbers speak for themselves. Interceptions down to ZERO...that's a four hundred percent decline year on year. Forced Fumbles, Sacks, and Passes deflected production fell by over HALF year on year.

Only an ***** would think that's acceptable.....don't even get me started on when some of the plays last year occurred vs. this year. Most of this year's production was Insignificant.

Actually it's a 100% decline. Defenses atacked the CB's a lot this year, and although TE's had a lot of success I don't know that he was covering the TE's a lot when the D was blown up because it seems like it was Pollard most of the time. I don't have a lot of data to support my argument, just recolection.

Cushing certainly didn't play to 2009's level in 2010, but I think I would hold on to him one more year before considering cutting him.

As with the "Schaub Sucks" crowd, this team has a lot more issues to deal with before we get to Brian Cushing...............Unless maybe you look at the fact that we were 3-1 with out Cushing in line up, so who knows maybe you're on to something.

Maddict5
01-01-2011, 11:25 PM
a C. he was mostly JAG this season. diles regressed alot more imo.

cushings stats went down aswell as him not really making plays, missed alot more tackles which is more technique than 'overtraining'.

he made some stupid decisions on plays also like the titans game 2 weeks ago when he showed CJ the corner on his long run instead of funnelling him back into the middle of the D where we had cover to tackle him

dream_team
01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
IMO, there's only three guys on defense I felt didn't regress from last season. That's Shaun Cody, Amobi Okoye, and Antonio Smith. Everyone else regressed.

It's kind of amazing, and I couldn't explain it myself.

Specifically speaking of Cushing, the only part of his game I see has regressed are his angles and tackling. He has been taking bad angles to the ball carrier, and I've never seen him miss so many tackles.

I really hope he turns it around next season, or else everyone will blame the juice for his rookie performance.

GP
01-02-2011, 01:06 AM
I give him an "A" for finding a creative way to be absent for four games.

I don't think it was a fluke year in 2009. Something went completely wrong in 2010 for the whole defense. And it affected everyone.

Cowher could build a Texans defense around Cushing. He's a throwback LB of the type that Cowher could go to war with.

Too bad it appears we'll never know for sure.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
F

Might as well slap Jay Foreman on the back of his jersey with the way he has been a total nonfactor this season.

Hoping for a better 2011 from Cush.

Esoom
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Actually it's a 100% decline. Defenses atacked the CB's a lot this year, and although TE's had a lot of success I don't know that he was covering the TE's a lot when the D was blown up because it seems like it was Pollard most of the time. I don't have a lot of data to support my argument, just recolection.

Cushing certainly didn't play to 2009's level in 2010, but I think I would hold on to him one more year before considering cutting him.

As with the "Schaub Sucks" crowd, this team has a lot more issues to deal with before we get to Brian Cushing...............Unless maybe you look at the fact that we were 3-1 with out Cushing in line up, so who knows maybe you're on to something.

Come on now. The rest of your post was semi-ok, but that is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. Cush is going to be a Texan for a long time, and I am 100% certain that he will return to form next year. He had a solid year, especially considering he missed 4 games and was moved around upon return. Even more remarkable when you consider the fact that he was surrounded by tragically awful cornerbacks, linebackers, safeties and defensive tackles.

Brisco_County
01-02-2011, 02:44 AM

Going from four to zero is a 100% decline, not 400%.

But a simple math mistake isn't nearly as embarrassing as posting a thread with an extreme opinion before doing any research, analysis, or provision of supporting data. If you are unfamiliar with how this works, let me show you:

This is called research:

Our secondary has allowed 277 passing yards per game, worst in the league. They have allowed 55 completions of over 20 yards, which is tied for 3rd worst with the Cowboys and Redskins. We have allowed 17 completions of over 40 yards, worst in the league.

This is called analysis:

The data poses these questions: How has an unsupportive secondary effected the stats of the front seven? How do Cushing's stats compare to the rest of the front seven? How do Cushing's stats compare to the rest of the linebackers in the league?

Let's list the data:

Antonio Smith: Tackles- 35 // Sacks- 4 // F Fumbles- 1 // Int- 0 // Pass Def- 2
Mark Anderson: Tackles- 25 // Sacks- 4 // F Fumbles- 0 // Int- 0 // Pass Def-2
Shaun Cody: Tackles- 35 // Sacks- 0 // F Fumbles- 1 // Int- 0 // Pass Def-0
Amobi Okoye: Tackles- 39 // Sacks- 2 // F Fumbles- 0 // Int- 0 // Pass Def-0
Earl Mitchell: Tackles- 27 // Sacks- 1 // F Fumbles- 0 // Int- 0 // Pass Def- 0
Mario Williams: Tackles- 28 // Sacks- 8.5 // F Fumbles- 1 // Int- 0 // Pass Def- 2
Kevin Bentley: Tackles- 50 // Sacks- 0 // F Fumbles- 0 // Int- 1 // Pass Def- 1
Zach Diles: Tackles- 79 // Sacks- 0 // F Fumbles- 0 // Int- 0 // Pass Def-0

Brian Cushing: Tackles- 71 // Sacks- 2 // F Fumbles- 1 // Int- 0 // Pass Def-4

The front seven have one interception, credited to Bentley. They have four forced fumbles, of which Cushing is credited for one. The entire defense has 28 sacks, of which Mario has 8.5 and Cushing has 2. The front seven have 9 passes defensed, of which Cushing has 4.

Cushing has 6.45 tackles per game, and Zach Diles has 5.26. Glover Quin has 80 tackles, and 5.3 per game. Bernard Pollard leads the defense in total tackles (112) and tackles per game (7.46).

Comparing this to the rest of the league:

There is a three way tie among linebackers for the most interceptions: AJ Hawk, EJ Henderson, and Takeo Spikes. They each have three.

James Harrison leads all linebackers in forced fumbles with 6.

Derrick Johnson of KC leads all linebackers in passes defensed with 15. Second place is London Fletcher with 11.

Cameron Wake of Miami has 15 sacks. He plays in a 3-4.

Jared Mayo leads all linebackers in tackles with 169. Stephen Tolluck has 155.

This is called a conclusion:

Cushing leads the front seven in tackles per game with 6.45.

Cushing leads the front seven in passes defensed with 4.

Cushing leads the linebackers in sacks with 2.

Cushing has more tackles than Demarcus Ware (61), Terrell Suggs (65), and safety Troy Palomalu (62).

At Cushing's current rate of 6.45 tackles per game, he would have 96 to 97 total tackles if he played 15 games, a stat that still does not account for playing two games at MLB. This year, James Laurenitis leads all second-year defenders with 105 tackles.

Cushing missed four games, was taken out of his natural position for two, and plays for a secondary that allows footballs to be thrown over his head the entire game, yet he can still hang with the upper tier of linebackers in the league.

I'm not making this case because I want to unconditionally defend Cushing; I just don't like it when erroneous ideas are spread because people act on popular sentiment without checking their facts.

But being the nice guy that I am, I'll share with you my secret source for my vast football knowledge. It's here (http://www.nfl.com/stats/player). But it's a secret, so don't tell anyone.

GP
01-02-2011, 02:54 AM
I can't pass one single bit of judgment upon Cushing when I know this entire defense and its coach, and the chief indian who is over it all, has been a complete fail.

Cushing gets a "Pass" from me. Not an "Incomplete." A "Pass."

It's what you give students when there isn't a true way to assign a single, definitive grade.

Kubiak and Bush can screw off. Cowher would have Cushing running through the fires of hell carrying jugs of gasoline along the way. Cushing is a guy you could build your defense around. But oh well.

I'm sure Wade Phillips can do just as well. And Kubiak's offense will play a full 60 minutes each game next year. Nothing to worry about.

Maddict5
01-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Kubiak and Bush can screw off. Cowher would have Cushing running through the fires of hell carrying jugs of gasoline along the way. Cushing is a guy you could build your defense around. But oh well.

I'm sure Wade Phillips can do just as well. And Kubiak's offense will play a full 60 minutes each game next year. Nothing to worry about.

ya cushing seems like a guy that needs a fiery coach to motivate him to play well or else he'll coast. if cowher was here, cushing would probably be doing MMA in the offse....

:strangle:

Grams
01-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Stats point to him having a pretty good year.

But watching the games, he did not seem to be near as noticible as last year.
Without looking at the stats, I would have assumed he had a horrible year and I would have been wrong.

Thanks Brisco County for the info.

Think at least a B+.

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Stats point to him having a pretty good year.

But watching the games, he did not seem to be near as noticible as last year.
Without looking at the stats, I would have assumed he had a horrible year and I would have been wrong.

Thanks Brisco County for the info.

Think at least a B+.

I watched every game except the last one and I can say without question he was horrible without drugs. As of now I hate the guy. F him and his BS.

Thorn
01-02-2011, 08:22 AM
The entire defense sunk to new lows this season and took Cushing with it. From his stats, he had a fairly decent year. So, guess what folks, let's wait until next year to see what he really is. LOL

I'm afraid cynicism will rule these forums until the Texans organization gives us a decent product on the field. I wonder what year that'll be in? I hope I'm still alive.

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
The entire defense sunk to new lows this season and took Cushing with it. From his stats, he had a fairly decent year. So, guess what folks, let's wait until next year to see what he really is. LOL

I'm afraid cynicism will rule these forums until the Texans organization gives us a decent product on the field. I wonder what year that'll be in? I hope I'm still alive.

You and me both, my friend.

CloakNNNdagger
01-02-2011, 08:28 AM
We can only hope that these extremely cold days continue into the early spring and keep Cushing bored and in bed doing the dirty. Pregnancy should bring his hormones back up for at least 9 months. Oh, scratch that. I almost forgot about NFL testing.:kitten:

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I watched every game except the last one and I can say without question he was horrible without drugs. As of now I hate the guy. F him and his BS.

His stats disagree with you. Not to mention the ENTIRE defense took three steps backwards.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Are we grading on a McNair-like curve? If Coach Teflon gets a passing grade, then I have to give Cushing an A+.

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
His stats disagree with you. Not to mention the ENTIRE defense took three steps backwards.

If you argue with stats you must not watch the game........simple.

Kaiser Toro
01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Brisco County gets an A. Cushing gets a D in my book.

Just like I cringe when Jacoby fields a punt, Cushing one on one in space is an embarrassment.

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Are we grading on a McNair-like curve? If Coach Teflon gets a passing grade, then I have to give Cushing an A+.

This is known as the McNair curve.

BetaV1
01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Ya know, I entered this thread with the intention of simply giving Cush an F. Brisco, however, has presented good evidence that made me reconsider and I must say that Cush for this year gets a C. He has lead the team in quite a few categories, yes, but we can't really say that is much of an accomplishment because the entire defense set the bar pretty low.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't know. Offenses are attacking the defense differently this year

I am not saying he gets an A or anything. But the whole defense gets F

Wolf
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Ya know, I entered this thread with the intention of simply giving Cush an F. Brisco, however, has presented good evidence that made me reconsider and I must say that Cush for this year gets a C. He has lead the team in quite a few categories, yes, but we can't really say that is much of an accomplishment because the entire defense set the bar pretty low.

True

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM

LOL. Stats aren't everything. Watch the freaking game. F....period. AND he's a druggie.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM
This is known as the McNair curve.

http://bytescout.com/images/examples/bytescoutpdf/circle.png

The Battle Red version.

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
http://bytescout.com/images/examples/bytescoutpdf/circle.png

the battle red version.

lmao

BetaV1
01-02-2011, 09:47 AM
LOL. Stats aren't everything. Watch the freaking game. F....period. AND he's a druggie.

And there's Showtime on cue.

I do watch the "freaking" game. And before I read Brisco's, I said that I came into this thread with the mindset of him getting an F because of the fact that I watch the games. You say stats aren't everything; then what do you base an individual player's performance on? "Boooo! Cushing didn't get a sack or an interception on every single passing play! He didn't get the tackle on every single rushing play!" Boo freakin' hoo.

Here's my rough estimate of Cushing's numbers, based on this year's performance, on how he'd look had he played 16 games at his current pace (numbers rounded up or down).

Tackles: 103
Yards for loss: 15
Sacks: 3
Passes deflected: 6

While the bottom four numbers are down, his number of tackles (which is essentially what the linebacker needs to do best) gets him just into the top quarter of the league. There are a lot of NFL coaches out there who would like to have a linebacker get 100+ tackles on the season, believe you me. As far as in the interceptions go, he likely isn't getting the same number of looks this year as he did last year. After all, if you're a quarterback, who are you going to attack: Brian Cushing or Kareem Jackson?

But who am I kidding. You say stats don't matter. So I'm curious what does matter to you with regards to grading Cush's individual performance? The fact that our secondary is on pace to be one of the worst in NFL history? You seem to lack the ability to comprehend that players in this league have a tough time repeating stellar performances from the previous year.

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
And there's Showtime on cue.

I do watch the "freaking" game. And before I read Brisco's, I said that I came into this thread with the mindset of him getting an F because of the fact that I watch the games. You say stats aren't everything; then what do you base an individual player's performance on? "Boooo! Cushing didn't get a sack or an interception on every single passing play! He didn't get the tackle on every single rushing play!" Boo freakin' hoo.

Here's my rough estimate of Cushing's numbers, based on this year's performance, on how he'd look had he played 16 games at his current pace (numbers rounded up or down).

Tackles: 103
Yards for loss: 15
Sacks: 3
Passes deflected: 6

While the bottom four numbers are down, his number of tackles (which is essentially what the linebacker needs to do best) gets him just into the top quarter of the league. There are a lot of NFL coaches out there who would like to have a linebacker get 100+ tackles on the season, believe you me. As far as in the interceptions go, he likely isn't getting the same number of looks this year as he did last year. After all, if you're a quarterback, who are you going to attack: Brian Cushing or Kareem Jackson?

But who am I kidding. You say stats don't matter. So I'm curious what does matter to you with regards to grading Cush's individual performance? The fact that our secondary is on pace to be one of the worst in NFL history? You seem to lack the ability to comprehend that players in this league have a tough time repeating stellar performances from the previous year.

Kidding I must assume. If not you are a non-football-watching-moron-being-no-baseball-watching-fool. If you think Cushing is worth a damn OFF steroids I am sorry for you.

BetaV1
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Kidding I must assume.

Hardly.

If not you are a non-football-watching-moron-being-no-baseball-watching-fool. If you think Cushing is worth a damn OFF steroids I am sorry for you.

I didn't say he was worth a damn off the juice, but he's far from garbage. I could've sworn that's called "average," and if you can't understand that average translates to a C, then I am sorry for you.

CloakNNNdagger
01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
If Cowher were brought in, his well-thought out and proven coaching techniques could assure us of getting at least "good" out of our average players.

http://www.horsesass.org/wp-content/uploads/dunce.jpg

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Hardly.

I didn't say he was worth a damn off the juice, but he's far from garbage. I could've sworn that's called "average," and if you can't understand that average translates to a C, then I am sorry for you.

You crack me up. Cushing is garbage.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Cushing had a down year and by his own stupidity with whatever he was taking,(from what I have heard, he was still getting tested during the reg season)started out late and trying to get back into the flow and getting in midseason form

but losing barwin and Demeco and moving position,it affected the whole linebacking corp

was he great? hell no

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Agreed. He's really hard to grade. I'll give Cushing a C+ since his expectations were high. He came from being the ROTY, so the expectations were him being one of the best LB"s in the league. He didn't play close to that this year though.

Thorn
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Agreed. He's really hard to grade. I'll give Cushing a C+ since his expectations were high. He came from being the ROTY, so the expectations were him being one of the best LB"s in the league. He didn't play close to that this year though.

Wait 'till next year!! :lol:

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Brisco County and to a lesser extent GP knocked this one out of the park.

I would have said it's nearly impossible to grade him, or pretty much anyone else on the defense for that matter. But Brisco County showed that if Cushing gets a D, most others on the defense get a D- or an F.

This kind of thread and the logic used herein is the kind of thing that has people calling for us to release Mario Williams, our best defensive player. If we followed this kind of advice we'd get rid of Williams, Cushing, Pollard, and Ryans and be minus the 4 best players on D we have. Genius.

wagonhed
01-02-2011, 11:53 AM

:rolleyes:

Yeah, he is total garbage. So is Mario Williams. And Demeco. Hell we should just release every defensive starter that has been to the pro bowl. They're all complete garbage. Get us some real players.

Mixgosu
01-02-2011, 12:42 PM

holy crap...that post made my day LOL!:bender::bender::bravo::bravo:

IDEXAN
01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Lot of guys seem to be blaming the Texans coaching staff for Cushings dramatic decline in producition this year ? That coaching staff is real convenient to have around sometimes isn't it ?

RTP2110
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
56 doing nothing today

Playoffs
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Cush was the wrong pick by Smith, imo.

Always draft pedigree when you can.

TheCD
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Please enlighten us, specifically, what Cushing could have done to be average, and what he could have done to repeat the expectations from his performance last year to on this defense this year.

The1ApplePie
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM

If you are refering to Clay Matthews, his senior season was one of the most obvious cases of steroids I have ever seen.

I'm a USC fan and followed Clay for 4 years. He went from special teamer and situational rusher to a stud in one offseason. Put on a shitload of muscle in a short time.

Of course, he was hanging around with Cush:mariopalm:

CloakNNNdagger
01-03-2011, 12:05 PM
If you are refering to Clay Matthews, his senior season was one of the most obvious cases of steroids I have ever seen.

I'm a USC fan and followed Clay for 4 years. He went from special teamer and situational rusher to a stud in one offseason. Put on a shitload of muscle in a short time.

Of course, he was hanging around with Cush:mariopalm:

But once he got into the NFL, Mathews was at least smart enough not to get himself pregnant.:chef:

Mr teX
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM

yeah, tell that to whomever drafted Chris Simms.

2slik4u
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
yeah, tell that to whomever drafted Chris Simms.

Chris Long, too.

2slik4u
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM

Hey c'mon. He overtrained. It was verified by a doctor.

HuttoKarl
01-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Cushing himself probably would say "F".

I'd say C.

I expect him to improve though. This whole season was a turd.

gary
01-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I give him a C and I'll wait to see how he with a new DC.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Chris Long, too.

Chris Long had a very good season this year.

Mr teX
01-03-2011, 01:03 PM
C is about right. He had next to nothing around him & he still managed to make a solid number of plays. He had a drop off, but i expected it not just b/c of the suspension & everything, just from the stand point of exceeding what he did last year. I don't know of any LB who would stuff his stat sheet like that year after year.....maybe a prime Urlacher, Lewis but that's it.

HOU-TEX
01-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Maybe Cush's success last season had a lot to do with playing next to my boy D-Ryans? I mean, I like Bentley, but he's no Demeco Ryans. I don't want to make excuses for his under-performing, but I'd give him an I for incomplete.

I still think we can have one of, if not the best, LB corps in the league. Let's see what he can do with D-Ryans back and a DC that will let'em eat.

The1ApplePie
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
But once he got into the NFL, Mathews was at least smart enough not to get himself pregnant.:chef:

At least my boy Rey Rey was clean

He was way too drunk to take steroids

H.C.4100-Bloc
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
D...Cushing looked lost without D.Ryans.

Showtime100
01-03-2011, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, he is total garbage. So is Mario Williams. And Demeco. Hell we should just release every defensive starter that has been to the pro bowl. They're all complete garbage. Get us some real players.

Wow. Leave it to you to post incoherence. You never fail...lol.

Please enlighten us, specifically, what Cushing could have done to be average, and what he could have done to repeat the expectations from his performance last year to on this defense this year.

When he was on drugs he whipped ass. He he wasn't on drugs he played like......a Trogan.

TheCD
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
When he was on drugs he whipped ass. He he wasn't on drugs he played like......a Trogan.

Your statement contains no specifics and is very vague. What could Brian have done this season to be average, and what could he have done to deserve an "A"

BullNation4Life
01-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Pollard gave up 9 red zone TDs this by himself....

Texan_Bill
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Meh... I give Cushing a "C". He was "just a guy"... Not terrible, but certainly not spectacular either.

Texanmike02
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM

Fred Bennett

Mike