PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com interview with John Mclain

Ghostform
01-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Not sure if its been posted with so many similar threads around here but if it has then ignore/delete this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81d58d2b/Will-Kubiak-keep-his-job

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
LOST AND FOUND

LOST: John McClain's neck

Reward offered if found: 2 donuts and a milkshake.:shades:

FOUND: Same ole digested and regurgitated boring McClain material.

JB
01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
LOST AND FOUND

LOST: John McClain's neck

Reward offered if found: 2 donuts and a milkshake.:shades:

FOUND: Same ole digested and regurgitated boring McClain material.

I don't know why McClain still has any credibility.

Heath Shuler
01-01-2011, 07:31 PM
He sure can backpedal for a fat man.

Yesterday
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Jesus he has balooned

Maddict5
01-01-2011, 08:01 PM
He sure can backpedal for a fat man.

too bad our CB's shuffle instead of backpedaling, or kareems spot might be in trouble :pirate:

Pantherstang84
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Anyone have any doubt this interview was arranged by the Texans PR machine. Looks like it was conducted in the press room at Reliant Stadium.

JB
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Anyone have any doubt this interview was arranged by the Texans PR machine. Looks like it was conducted in the press room at Reliant Stadium.

They do this every year. The Texans are not part of it, other than in McClain's dreams.

Big Lou
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
HOLY CRAP I THINK WE FOUND OUR BIG DT FOR THE 3-4 DEFENSE!!!!!!

Rick pay the man!!!!!

I ussually don't like to make fun of someones weight but everyone else was doing it so it felt right.....

otisbean
01-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I've never understood all the hatred towards McClain. The man just states his opinion and fans bash him relentlessly. Justice I can see as he intentionally flip flops and tries to be inflammatory.

JB
01-02-2011, 07:37 AM
I've never understood all the hatred towards McClain. The man just states his opinion and fans bash him relentlessly. Justice I can see as he intentionally flip flops and tries to be inflammatory.

You haven't noticed McClain flip flopping like a gigged flounder?

Hervoyel
01-02-2011, 08:02 AM
McClain is little more than a paid shill for the Texans at this point. They use him as their mouthpiece when they want a story to have legs because he's the most recognizable Houston sports writer (mostly because he's visible from space). For his part I think he's just happy with the information the spoon out to him. It helps him try to maintain the illusion that he's an "insider" of some sort.

With him writing non-stop about it and talking to anyone who will listen I'm sure he's right and it will be the Gary & Wade show next year. John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.

I'm waiting for the announcement and then I'm out.

Hervoyel
01-02-2011, 08:09 AM

After reading him for years I've noticed a general decline in the quality of his writing along with a gradual change in attitude toward being an insufferable jackass. The guy drones on and on about crap nobody cares about (Baylor, people he knows who have nothing to do with the primary reason folks listen to him, and various movie roles he has had or wants to have) all while playing the part of the great insider. Then he hosts online chats where he comes off like a petulant child answering only the softball questions and flat out ignoring anything asked with any depth. He ridicules people who don't kiss his ass or who disagree with him.

Personally after going back and forth on McClain for a few years I've decided that he's just as bad as Justice & Solomon. We have some lousy sports writers in this town.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 09:00 AM
John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.

He was pumping up Clay Matthews as the Texans '09 1st round pick. He's missed a few. What sold me for sure was Mark Berman reporting the story. He never misses.

The organization has lost some good fans over the past year. I'll be sad to see you go, but I can certainly understand why. I'll still watch on TV and hope that guys like AJ and DeMeco become winners. I just can't give McNair any more $$$ until he earns it.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Wonder if he ate Anna-Megan ?

On a serious note. He regurgitated basically what has been talked about on here

3rd and Inches
01-02-2011, 09:11 AM
He looks like a fat-ass Cheshire cat..

otisbean
01-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Interesting takes. He doesn't bother me that much, however I definitely don't think of him as a top level journalist either. Interesting note about Berman, I used to work with a guy that worked for the Rockets. I remember Berman calling my buddy ALOT fishing for info.

Pantherstang84
01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
McClain is little more than a paid shill for the Texans at this point. They use him as their mouthpiece when they want a story to have legs because he's the most recognizable Houston sports writer (mostly because he's visible from space). For his part I think he's just happy with the information the spoon out to him. It helps him try to maintain the illusion that he's an "insider" of some sort.

With him writing non-stop about it and talking to anyone who will listen I'm sure he's right and it will be the Gary & Wade show next year. John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.

I'm waiting for the announcement and then I'm out.

Hate to see you go Herv but I feel ya man. It just seems this organization is stuck on stupid and as Ron White says, "Ya can't fix stupid." I figure I'll be spending less Sunday afternoons watching this team also. Maybe I'll get Sunday Ticket and then I can pick a game of the week to watch.

I'll probably hang around here to antagonize the home town hero brigades for a little while myself.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I'll probably hang around here to antagonize the home town hero brigades for a little while myself.
Have to have some rain to balance out the sunshine.