PDA

View Full Version : Frank Bush, dead man walking.

Jrod7451
12-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Also in the Chron, Bush talks about the season and how "we had the right approach". What a jackass.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7361256.html

JB
12-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Also in the Chron, Bush talks about the season and how "we had the right approach". What a jackass.

Yeah, that can be thrown out alot around here...

What else should he say? "Well, we knew it was all wrong but we went with it anyway"?

:facepalm:

Rey
12-31-2010, 06:11 PM
What else should he say? "Well, we knew it was all wrong but we went with it anyway"?

:facepalm:

What he says doesn't really matter much to me, but since you asked...

He coulda said, "We thought we were going about it the right way but in the end it didn't work"

Nawzer
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Goodluck getting another job in the NFL after the "job" he did this year with the Texans.

JB
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
What he says doesn't really matter much to me, but since you asked...

He coulda said, "We thought we were going about it the right way but in the end it didn't work"

I think that is pretty much what he said...

"Quite frankly, I felt like we had the right approach," Bush said. "Things didn't work out, but I'll still go out and stay positive about the whole situation and keep moving forward."

Ckw
12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
I really don't have much hatred for Frank Bush. Sure, the guy failed but at the same time, our fearless leader, the chosen one, and Bob's choir boy Coach Kubiak didn't do Frank any favors by giving him Glover Quinn, Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain, Jason Allen, Eugene Wilson, Troy Nolan, etc. to work with.

Could other DCs have done better? Probably, but the personnel decisions by Kubiak and Rick Smith severely handicapped this team.

Fred
12-31-2010, 06:26 PM
How come it is a heinous breach of etiquette for someone who knows Bill Cowher to leak out that he would consider the Giants, Dolphins, and Texans jobs when - OH MY GOD - those teams still have head coaches, but it is perfectly OK for Bum Phillips to say fire Frank Bush and hire my son? Doesn't Frank Bush still have a job and a family just as much as the head coaches do?

jaayteetx
12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
How come it is a heinous breach of etiquette for someone who knows Bill Cowher to leak out that he would consider the Giants, Dolphins, and Texans jobs when - OH MY GOD - those teams still have head coaches, but it is perfectly OK for Bum Phillips to say fire Frank Bush and hire my son? Doesn't Frank Bush still have a job and a family just as much as the head coaches do?

When did he say that?

Lucky
12-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Bush, who has been with the Texans for three seasons, including the past two as defensive coordinator, is expected to be fired and replaced by Wade Phillips (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Wade_Phillips).

“I’ve got to find a way to sell myself to another organization,” Bush said. “I’ll stay positive. I’ll stay upbeat. I’ll keep believing in the things I do.”
Wow, what's the point of the end of the year presser? Bush is admitting that he's out. Bum shows up for practice and says his son would love to work in Houston. Unless McNair pulls a 2006-like draft day surprise, this is a done deal with Bush and only Bush taking the heat.

What a freakin' joke.

Thorn
12-31-2010, 10:34 PM
What a freakin' joke.

Yeah, but the joke's on us.

HoustonFrog
12-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Agree completely. The media was all over Cowher yet this is cool. This organization is hitting all time lows with their b.s. this off season. Trotting out Bum was the cherry. McNair must really think people are stupid. Many show him he is right. I really hope Mcnair somehow changes his mind. My only hope is all this was a balloon floated to gauge reactions.

Dutchrudder
01-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Oh boo hoo for Frank, his severence package is going to be worth more than most of us make in 10 years. He failed, it's all on him, no one else to blame.

Corrosion
01-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I really don't have much hatred for Frank Bush. Sure, the guy failed but at the same time, our fearless leader, the chosen one, and Bob's choir boy GM Rick Smith didn't do Frank any favors by giving him Glover Quinn, Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain, Jason Allen, Eugene Wilson, Troy Nolan, etc. to work with.

Could other DCs have done better? Probably, but the personnel decisions by Kubiak and Rick Smith severely handicapped this team.

Fixed that for ya .... and yes , bottom line thats who you blame for personel decisions.

BTW Jason Allen played pretty well during his time here ....

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Fixed that for ya .... and yes , bottom line thats who you blame for personel decisions.

BTW Jason Allen played pretty well during his time here ....

A lot of players seem to come here and play well their first year. Second year they get a heavier dose of Texans coaching and their level of play plummets.

bckey
01-01-2011, 02:18 AM
I really hope Mcnair somehow changes his mind. My only hope is all this was a balloon floated to gauge reactions.

This is about all we can hope for at this point. Not likely though.

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 02:19 AM
I feel for Bush.

Unless he made the decision to go young. (Doubtful)

His carrer is in the crapper I hate this for him.

Corrosion
01-01-2011, 02:22 AM
I feel for Bush.

I kinda feel for the guy too , same dude that came in and fix a broken defense last season and made them respectable.

DexmanC
01-01-2011, 02:25 AM
I feel for Bush.

Ditto. I'd bet that Frank Bush feels worse than Tom Robinson
in "To Kill A Mockingbird" (obscure reference, figure it out.)

If Bob keeps Kubiak, I won't waste my hopes on the Texans in
2011. They'll just be one of those teams I watch, but won't
put much stock in.

Dishman
01-01-2011, 08:34 AM
If Phillips becomes DC with no other interviewing of (minority) candidates won't this violate the Rooney rule?

IDEXAN
01-01-2011, 09:19 AM
If Phillips becomes DC with no other interviewing of (minority) candidates won't this violate the Rooney rule?
I thought that rule just applied to interviewing HCs ?

Dutchrudder
01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I thought that rule just applied to interviewing HCs ?

It also applies to 'senior positions'. I can't figure out if DC/OC is included in that, but the front office definitely is. The Lions were fined last year for not interviewing any minority candidates for GM after hiring Steve Mariucci.

Heath Shuler
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
scapegoat

houstonhurricane
01-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Wow, what's the point of the end of the year presser? Bush is admitting that he's out. Bum shows up for practice and says his son would love to work in Houston. Unless McNair pulls a 2006-like draft day surprise, this is a done deal with Bush and only Bush taking the heat.

What a freakin' joke.

No kidding, this franchise is a joke right now.

The only guy responsible for this disaster of a season is Bush? Really? what about the folks that decided on the personnel? awful, McNair.

Lucky
01-01-2011, 10:17 AM
It also applies to 'senior positions'. I can't figure out if DC/OC is included in that, but the front office definitely is. The Lions were fined last year for not interviewing any minority candidates for GM after hiring Steve Mariucci.
The Lions' GM is Martin Mayhew, since the firing of Matt Millen. Mayhew was in the Lions front office and took over after Millen's departure.

http://www.lionsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Mayhew_Martin.jpg

Teams do not have to interview minorities for coordinator positions. But in the spirit of the Rooney rule, they should include minorities in the GM search. There may have been an example where a team was fined for not including a minority. It just wasn't the Lions.

ArlingtonTexan
01-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Because someone is not doing their job well and does not understand where it went wrong, does not make him a jackass or some version of evil. Most of us have been there. I don't feel sorry for him because he is well paid and knows that this a very public job.

Jrod7451
01-02-2011, 12:52 AM
It makes you a jackass when you don't admit that you had a bad gameplan instead of insisting that they had the right approach.

GP
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Too many questions for me:

1. Who is the chief and who are the indians?

2. Was it Bush who went with the defensive philosophy we have, giving input on what players he wanted and creating last year's approach and also creating this years, too?

3. Or was it Kubiak AND Bush who designed this mess?

4. Or was it Rick Smith and Frank Bush, since Smith played DB in college and had some work on defense at Purdue and with the Broncos too?

5. Was it a trio of guys: Smith, Kubiak, Bush?

So old man Bum Phillips shows up on the scene and soon thereafter we've got our sad-sack d-coord admitting that he is OUT at the end of the season and has to "find a way to 'sell' himself to another team?"

LOL.

Instead of canning Kubiak and grabbing Cowher, the likely announcement will be Bush is fired and Wade is hired...and as someone else pointed out THIS is not the same type of shenanigans as if we had lured Cowher here?

If this all goes down like it appears it will go down, McNair will have been proven to be foolish AND petty. Proof that not every person who is rich, and "well respected" is actually wise and honorable. Sometimes you really can just get lucky and bluff your way to a life of luxury.

For the first time since I posted on this board, which was back when this board was first created as an alternative to the official Texans message board, all the piss and vinegar has been taken out of me. I am now having to force myself to come to this forum and participate. Where it was once an every day routine and habit, the first website I frequented each day AND the last website I stopped off at, before bedtime, I am now reluctant to come here and read the gossip about Kubiak staying and Wade becoming DC.

After the Capers era, there was hope that the new guy could bring us to the next level. He did alright, but overall he hasn't been (nor will he be) the total answer to the riddle that is The Texans. If he is retained this year, and Wade is the DC for 2011, what incentive is there to care about the team during the off-season, draft, training camp, and preseason? I already know how the reg season turns out: Patterns, patterns, patterns. Patterns that won't get solved in one off-season by the same HC. He's done. He's history. He's just serving out another year as a human magic 8-ball. Shake, shake, shake, peek at the answer that floats to the top. And we know the answers inside that human 8-ball. Nothing new. Nothing dynamic. Just the same static, predictable answer.

I bet the Colts feel like world-class chumps after losing to the Texans the way they did in week 1. We all said they were sore losers afterwards, but you know what? They were right in the smack the talked after the game. Or guys acted we won the Super Bowl and the Colts just took a vacation and didn't play their game like they normally do. How can you blame them for having a sore fist after almost a decade of beating our faces in and then braking off their cleats off in our asses every season? They let up, and they paid for it. Oh well, they got even in game 2, and will likely make Kubiak and our guys suffer in both games in 2011.

This team just drains a guy. Time to fill up and get healthy again :koolaid: