PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Dennison taking any heat????

gafftop
12-31-2010, 03:18 PM
The offense this year was bad more often than good when it counted. At the start of the games the Texan's offense sucked more often than not. When the Texan's fell behind and the other team relaxed or changed defense was the only time this offense shined. You can maybe say Kub ran the offense, OK, then Dennison is nothing more than a YES man. We may be stuck with k but I think we need something other than a YES man in charge of the offense. Maybe Dennison did the gameplan and scripted the plays to begin the game, then he was just not good and he needs to go. Any way you look at it we need a OC also. Bring in only new DC and 2/3 of problem still there. Bring in 2 new coordinators maybe the attitude/mindset changes some. This team is soft in the mind/discipline/physically/will to win . This starts at the top with the owner/gm/head coach/coordinators. We have babies running this whole organization. New owner, new gm, new coaches, just getting pissed offed and depressed now. OUT.

Yesterday
12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Because Dennison = Kubiak. Kubiak is in charge of the offense, so our offensive coordinator's job status is dependent on Koobs' job status.

Dennison is pretty much the puppet OC anyway, just good ole Gary getting his buddy a 6 or 7 figure contract to pretty much do a job Gary does on his own anyway.

Rey
12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Dennison isn't taking any heat because as far as we know all he does is sit there during the games and counts pimples on his ass. Are we even sure that Dennison shows up for the games? Or is it just a plastic dummy that they sit up in the booth?

Seriously though, Dennison isn't taking a lot of heat because the offense isn't an all time worse offense. Also, this ship has been sinking long before he became OC.

Kubiak is the one who should be taking most of the heat.

DerekLee1
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Dennison isn't taking any heat because as far as we know all he does is sit there during the games and counts pimples on his ass. Are we even sure that Dennison shows up for the games? Or is it just a plastic dummy that they sit up in the booth?

Seriously though, Dennison isn't taking a lot of heat because the offense isn't an all time worse offense. Also, this ship has been sinking long before he became OC.

Kubiak is the one who should be taking most of the heat.

Dennison fixed the running game and made an undrafted free agent the league's leading rusher.

Grams
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Kubiak is the one who should be taking ALL of the heat.

Fixed it for you.

Hervoyel
12-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Dennison fixed the running game and made an undrafted free agent the league's leading rusher.

I think this is a true statement, can't be debated really. Now whether he actually is responsible for this I don't know but he's the guy on deck when it happened so he (Dennison) gets to claim some credit for it.

I think the biggest reason though that Dennison isn't getting roasted alive is that the problems with the offense are kind of an expanded version of some of the same asshattery we've seen for most of Gary's time here. They don't feel like problems Dennison brought here. They feel like problems that have been growing for some time and they look like bigger more damaging versions of stuff we saw David Carr do in 2006 (when we just rolled it all up with the other junk he does do badly and blamed him) or like the stuff we saw the current crop of Texans do at times during 2007-2009. The goofy "check my wicked smarts" calls were here before Dennison and costing us games/killing drives. We blamed it on Baby Shanahan being a first time OC or Schaub being a first time starter. We blamed those "Doh!" moments on a lot of things but they were happening then and they still happen today.

Dennison isn't getting the heat because Dennison isn't responsible for it.

Wolf
12-31-2010, 08:26 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/54480/RickDennison.jpg

Big Lou
01-01-2011, 12:47 AM
If Dennison is the whole reason that the run game got better then cool. However it also seems that he is the reason the Offense sucks in the first half. It also seems like Kubes takes over the Offensive Play Calling late in the game.

If (IF!!!) Wade comes in here and fixes the D, then I think the O will improve since it won't have to try so hard.

I know its not popular to say but if the D get in to say the top 12, then Houston makes the playoffs next year, slow starts in games or not.

Also a good D can really cover up poor in game decisions.

If this whole Kubiak/Phillips thing works out great, but if the suckitude is still high and Cowher is off the shelf I'll be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Because Dennison = Kubiak. Kubiak is in charge of the offense, so our offensive coordinator's job status is dependent on Koobs' job status.

Dennison is pretty much the puppet OC anyway, just good ole Gary getting his buddy a 6 or 7 figure contract to pretty much do a job Gary does on his own anyway.

Sennison was brought in to fix the rub game. He's done his job.

But it still wasn't enough to overcome the incompetence of Kubiak and Bush.

That should tell you what BOTTOM LINE BOB's vision of this franchise is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wolf
01-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Sennison was brought in to fix the rub game. He's done his job.

But it still wasn't enough to overcome the incompetence of Kubiak and Bush.

That should tell you what BOTTOM LINE BOB's vision of this franchise is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

whatever LOL

Dutchrudder
01-01-2011, 02:01 AM
If Dennison is the whole reason that the run game got better then cool. However it also seems that he is the reason the Offense sucks in the first half. It also seems like Kubes takes over the Offensive Play Calling late in the game.

If (IF!!!) Wade comes in here and fixes the D, then I think the O will improve since it won't have to try so hard.

I know its not popular to say but if the D get in to say the top 12, then Houston makes the playoffs next year, slow starts in games or not.

Also a good D can really cover up poor in game decisions.

If this whole Kubiak/Phillips thing works out great, but if the suckitude is still high and Cowher is off the shelf I'll be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they get into the top 12 in points against, and the offense continues to be top 10, then sure. But stats are just stats, look at the Chargers. Despite having a historically bad defense, the Texans still managed to win 5 games, which is better than 0-16, but still nothing to be happy about.

Corrosion
01-01-2011, 02:24 AM
I'll respond to this when Im not so drubk :rake: .... bit the OP is on to something here. :kitten:

TheMatrix31
01-01-2011, 05:42 AM
I think Dennison has been less creative, which has been a bit of a detriment. Then again, less creativity = less HB passes.