PDA

View Full Version : Solomon's latest take...

disaacks3
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I absolutely loathe the guy, but at this point in the season, humor is all we have left.

Snippets:

In lieu of winning seasons, playoff appearances and the like, step up your game when it comes to Fan Appreciation Day.

Why couldn't you draw names for some lucky fan to take the field for a play on defense?

Preferably at cornerback, but anywhere would be just fine.

You really think Tipsy Tom from the club level could do worse than Kareem Jackson or Jason Allen for one play?

And since the Texans went pee wee football on the Broncos and tried to run a couple of defensive plays with only 10 men on the field last week, Tipsy could stand on the sideline and run in whenever he noticed the team was short a player.

Any ***** can count to 11, right?

Hey, you could call it the 11th Man program and it wouldn't even infringe on the Aggies' 12th Man copyright.

Maybe you should allow a fan to call a defensive play during the game, or better yet borrow that breakfast diner menu Kubiak carries on the sideline to pick out an offensive play.

"Let's run Grand Slam Right with scrambled eggs, extra bacon and a side of grits on two. Break!"

How about putting up a spinning wheel at midfield at halftime with the stipulation that the unlucky
Texans coach on whose face the needle landed would be let go on the spot?

Perhaps you could hold open auditions for a fan to be given the job to stand at the podium after the loss and say, "It's on me." Thousands would want to play the role of head coach.

Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7360647.html)

CloakNNNdagger
12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
I absolutely loathe the guy, but at this point in the season, humor is all we have left.

Snippets:

Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7360647.html)

Thanks, guy. I really needed that. If it only just weren't true.

Fred
12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah his article was funny but he still shows his ignorance.

He mocks the $15,000 in giveaways for "Fan Appreciation Day" as less than $5 per person of the 70,000 tickets sold. Well, OK. It's also less than $100 per person, or $1 million per person. $300,000 is "less than $5 per person" for 70,000 people. $15,000 is less than 25 cents per person.

Jerome, hire a 2nd grader to help you with math next time.

disaacks3
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah his article was funny but he still shows his ignorance.

He mocks the $15,000 in giveaways for "Fan Appreciation Day" as less than $5 per person of the 70,000 tickets sold. Well, OK. It's also less than $100 per person, or $1 million per person. $300,000 is "less than $5 per person" for 70,000 people. $15,000 is less than 25 cents per person.
Jerome, hire a 2nd grader to help you with math next time. Caught that myself...yet another reason I don't particularly care for him.

HoustonFrog
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I loved it. Love the challenge toss idea. It's about time one of the hacks went guns blazing. Justice couldn't be flip flopped outdone so he did the same today

Yesterday
12-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I found this article entertaining. I generally either enjoy Solomon's articles, or really despise them and wonder how this guy got a job.