PDA

View Full Version : Hoping and praying that the Jags humiliate the Texans on Sunday

TexansFight
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM
This train wreck that is coming in keeping Kubiak and pairing him with another dumbass fool and failure can only be prevented now if the Jags come in and rape and romp all over this soft pathetic band of losers.

Frank Bush please keep doing what you're doing. Hell you are getting shit canned regardless, shine the national spotlight on this farce with a historically bad performance. Garrard is out, let his backup tear the Texans to shreds.

I'd love to see the Jags put up 60 points on these fools.

Mixgosu
12-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Frank Bush might be drinking a margarita on the sidelines or come to the game wasted after closing the bar again the night before at 4 am......

Would love to see the Jags hang 70 on us.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
I agree with you, but, I don't think that will do any good at this point. And, it's kind of sad that McNair is STILL waiting until the very last day of the season to decide on his lame coach.

I hope the Jags beat us 200 to 0.

But it won't do any good.

McNair will likely keep him anyway.

TexansFanatic
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
So the Jags beat the crap out of the Texans and the Texans get a really high pick in the draft and they blow the pick on another Amobi Okoye or Kareem Jackson and they go 5-11 again next year and round and round we go.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:38 AM
So the Jags beat the crap out of the Texans and the Texans get a really high pick in the draft and they blow the pick on another Amobi Okoye or Kareem Jackson and they go 5-11 again next year and round and round we go.

Exactly.

NitroGSXR
12-31-2010, 01:42 AM
Win! Win! Win! Go Texans!!!! Beat the Jaguars!!!!

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 01:46 AM

Well wouldn't that just be status quo? That's what happens when you stay with status quo and a losing front office/coaching staff.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:53 AM
One more thing: The big talk is how they plan to make sure Airian gets the rushing record on Sunday.

Do they honestly think Jack DelRio lives in a underground bunker someplace and doesn't know these things? You can bet your ass his HUGE defensive line will game plan and stop Airian with all they got.

Good coaches PLAN for these types of things on game day.

Hoss
12-31-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm hoping the Jags move to S.A. soon!!!

CretorFrigg
12-31-2010, 01:58 AM

I hope we get a new coach.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:59 AM

Texas will never have a third NFL team.

Sorry.

NitroGSXR
12-31-2010, 02:00 AM

Never. Being in Austin myself... my loyalty will never waver. It didn't when I lived in DC, Las Vegas, and Austin. I root for Houston whatever for life.

MFG16
12-31-2010, 02:03 AM
No Garrard, MJD is Doubtful, The Texans will probably win. :kubepalm: The only thing I want from this game is for Arian to have the league's rushing title, but with kubes he might bench him in fear of injury for the playoffs. :kubepalm:

Hoss
12-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Never. Being in Austin myself... my loyalty will never waver. It didn't when I lived in DC, Las Vegas, and Austin. I root for Houston whatever for life.Born and raised...wishfull thinking:kubepalm: lol i know LA will get the next...

Hoss
12-31-2010, 02:06 AM

Sorry.

Texas shouldn't even have two..

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 02:07 AM
No Garrard, MJD is Doubtful, The Texans will probably win. :kubepalm: The only thing I want from this game is for Arian to have the league's rushing title, but with kubes he might bench him in fear of injury for the playoffs. :kubepalm:

LOL!!!!!

Well, even without Garrard, the Jags are still a better coached team. DelRio is a shark, and will likely punch us in the mouth regardless.

And, you better believe DelRio will have something to say about Arian getting the rushing title.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Arian, but, I'm just being real. Arian has a terrible coach.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Texas shouldn't even have two..

There's plenty of room and money in Texas for two NFL teams. The state is huge, and wealthy.

Now, if you want to talk oversaturation, look at Florida...

MFG16
12-31-2010, 02:14 AM
LOL!!!!!

Well, even without Garrard, the Jags are still a better coached team. DelRio is a shark, and will likely punch us in the mouth regardless.

And, you better believe DelRio will have something to say about Arian getting the rushing title.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Arian, but, I'm just being real. Arian has a terrible coach.

This is true. The Texans do have an almost average run defense, however, and this might be enough to handle the Jags backup rb (forget his name, good player). I just dont see trent edwards tearing it up. I put him in the same category as rusty smith.

Hoss
12-31-2010, 02:16 AM
There's plenty of room and money in Texas for two NFL teams. The state is huge, and wealthy.

Now, if you want to talk oversaturation, look at Florida...

:bravo:

Mistasofly
12-31-2010, 03:07 AM
This is true. The Texans do have an almost average run defense, however, and this might be enough to handle the Jags backup rb (forget his name, good player). I just dont see trent edwards tearing it up. I put him in the same category as rusty smith.

I would'nt be so sure about this. Trent Edwards may not be very good but he does have experience in this league and he's certainly an upgrade over rusty smith. Hell Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Tebow, and matt cassel lit us up this season, I can definately see Trent Edwards doing it.

GuerillaBlack
12-31-2010, 04:22 AM
I would'nt be so sure about this. Trent Edwards may not be very good but he does have experience in this league and he's certainly an upgrade over rusty smith. Hell Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Tebow, and matt cassel lit us up this season, I can definately see Trent Edwards doing it.

Exactly. Tim freaking Tebow in his second game ever. And Kubiak is still coaching in Houston...

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 05:50 AM
This train wreck that is coming in keeping Kubiak and pairing him with another dumbass fool and failure can only be prevented now if the Jags come in and rape and romp all over this soft pathetic band of losers.

Frank Bush please keep doing what you're doing. Hell you are getting shit canned regardless, shine the national spotlight on this farce with a historically bad performance. Garrard is out, let his backup tear the Texans to shreds.

Not only do I hope the rumors are true, but I hope they keep Frank Bush as an assistant to the assistant head coach.

Maddict5
12-31-2010, 07:23 AM
One more thing: The big talk is how they plan to make sure Airian gets the rushing record on Sunday.

Do they honestly think Jack DelRio lives in a underground bunker someplace and doesn't know these things? You can bet your ass his HUGE defensive line will game plan and stop Airian with all they got.

Good coaches PLAN for these types of things on game day.

:rolleyes:

oh no. del rio knows we're going to use the leagues leading rusher on sunday

Yesterday
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Aren't we all

steelbtexan
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM

I could see myself rooting for the S.A. Jags.

Corrosion
12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
For all of you complaining about McNairs decision - Pony up $700,000,000 and change to buy your own toy.

Its pretty easy to see why Mcnair believes what he does when you look at statistics - No matter if they are skewed or not.
Bob's a business man who's looking at the metrics presented and making as educated decision as one possibly could when looking at it from that perspective.

As for wanting the Jaq's to hang 70 on them just for spite .... thats just sad.

Have a little objectivity .... Who knows , Maybe Bob is right and next season the whole lot will say they were on board from the word go.

Damnit I almost feel like Im reading shit posted from the melonheads on Clutchfans .... :rake:

Not only do I hope the rumors are true, but I hope they keep Frank Bush as an assistant to the assistant head coach.

But he did fix a broken defense 3 games in last season. Everyone was singing his praises then , now they want to hang the guy.
That said , I dont know if I would keep him around ....

At least someone gets it ....

Mixgosu
12-31-2010, 01:12 PM
For all of you complaining about McNairs decision - Pony up $700,000,000 and change to buy your own toy.

Its pretty easy to see why Mcnair believes what he does when you look at statistics - No matter if they are skewed or not.
Bob's a business man who's looking at the metrics presented and making as educated decision as one possibly could when looking at it from that perspective.

As for wanting the Jaq's to hang 70 on them just for spite .... thats just sad.

Have a little objectivity .... Who knows , Maybe Bob is right and next season the whole lot will say they were on board from the word go.

Damnit I almost feel like Im reading shit posted from the melonheads on Clutchfans .... :rake:

But he did fix a broken defense 3 games in last season. Everyone was singing his praises then , now they want to hang the guy.

I can tell you've never worked at a top fortune company.

You under-perform 5 years in a row, you get fired. Simple as that.

Wolf
12-31-2010, 01:17 PM
hell lot of corporate companies have it down to this

Just follow SOP and you will be fine

CretorFrigg
12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
If losing means McNair will change his mind about keeping Kubiak, please lose. Of course I'll say that, but once the game is on, I'll find it terribly difficult to root against my Texans.

:smiliepalm:

Wolf
as Jack Del Rio would say

http://canyonchasers.net/albums/dlnz/Danny_chopping_wood_Small.jpg

"keep chopping wood"

Corrosion

You dont know where Ive worked .... For what its worth I retired at the ripe old age of 34. I know a thing or three about the business of makin $$ .....

As for underperforming for 5 years .... what the hell did he have to start with but a 2-14 team devoid of talent , he went 6-10 with HWWNBM at QB for cryin out loud. But hey , dont let facts get in the way of your pissin and moanin.

I dont think they underperformed at any point up until this season.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM

I mean that only to spite those wishing we get blown out against Jacksonville at home.

I appreciate the work Bush did last season, I still think it was impressive. This year, seems his problem was injury (or in Cushing's case suspension).

Even at LB, which we all thought we were pretty deep at, there were games where we were starting guys we picked up off the street.

But to figure this out (once again) after the start of the season is simply unforgivable. I mean it wasn't until week 2 (or week 3) that we figured Frank Okam wasn't going to make it? Nading... Jamison.. Nading.. Jamison...... I bet we still haven't got that puzzle figured out yet. Then Mark Anderson comes in & plays better than anyone on our roster save Mario & Anotnio...... c'mon man.

Then, we're rotating Nolan with Wilson (haven't seen Barber, is he hurt), Sharper with Diles, & Allen with KJack....... It's week 17, haven't we figured out who our best players are yet?

Then, Jason Allen is another guy, we picked up off the street who plays more than a guy we drafted in Antuaan Molden....... why is this guy still on the team & Jaques Reeves isn't?

Kubiak's fault, Rick Smith's fault, Frank Bush's fault... who cares as long as we fix it.

Will Wade Phillips be able to fix it? I think so.

But still, this is Rumor. All rumor. Remember Mike Shanahan would still be in Denver, if he would have fired his defensive coordinator, similar situation. He said no, he had to go.....

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:50 PM
You dont know where Ive worked .... For what its worth I retired at the ripe old age of 34. I know a thing or three about the business of makin $$ .....

As for underperforming for 5 years .... what the hell did he have to start with but a 2-14 team devoid of talent , he went 6-10 with HWWNBM at QB for cryin out loud. But hey , dont let facts get in the way of your pissin and moanin.

Oh, sweet Jesus. Here we go with the "look at what they started with" argument. Dude, that is SO lame.

Look at what Mike Smith started with in Atlanta a few years ago. That team was a DISASTER. Now they're making a Super Bowl Push. Look at the previous 0-16 Lions had not too long ago. That team was the most talentless in all of sports. Suddenly, they have the same record as we do.

But don't let facts get in the way of your pissin and moanin.

Rey
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Then Mark Anderson comes in & plays better than anyone on our roster save Mario & Anotnio...... c'mon man.

Barber is on IR...

But to your point above...

For Mark's sake, I hope they bring in a lot of new defensive coaches, because if they don't he will probably regress......

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 02:04 PM
as Jack Del Rio would say

http://canyonchasers.net/albums/dlnz/Danny_chopping_wood_Small.jpg

"keep chopping wood"

That's exactly what Del Rio would say.

Though this franchise hasn't achieved the status of New England, Indianapolis... I think we are right there with Jacksonville & Tennessee. We've done as well as they have at least over the last two years.

I'm not saying we've reached the play-offs like they have in the past. I'm saying over the last two years, we've been as good (or they have been as bad) as they have.

& that's progress. Not good progress. Not keep Kubiak around progress, not I'm satisfied with where we are progress.

But progress all the same.

Rey
12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
5-10 is progress????

Pantherstang84
12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
That's exactly what Del Rio would say.

Though this franchise hasn't achieved the status of New England, Indianapolis... I think we are right there with Jacksonville & Tennessee. We've done as well as they have at least over the last two years.

I'm not saying we've reached the play-offs like they have in the past. I'm saying over the last two years, we've been as good (or they have been as bad) as they have.

& that's progress. Not good progress. Not keep Kubiak around progress, not I'm satisfied with where we are progress.

But progress all the same.

Really? Really?

mussop
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Sorry.

We have a second one?

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Really? Really?

a bit much??

Perhaps you're right.

Corrosion
12-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, sweet Jesus. Here we go with the "look at what they started with" argument. Dude, that is SO lame.

Here we go with this shit again .... Reading comprehension , some just dont have it.

You tell me , have they under performed for FIVE years as Mixgosu stated or have the under performed for this season and possibly last season at most ?

No , they didnt win the superbowl in any of those seasons , I guess they have under performed.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
You tell me , have they under performed for FIVE years as Mixgosu stated or have the under performed for this season and possibly last season at most ?

No , they didnt win the superbowl in any of those seasons , I guess they have under performed.

Tricky question.... are we really as talented as we think we are? If we are, then we've underperformed for at least 3 years. If we're still not as talented as we think we are...... no.

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Here we go with this shit again .... Reading comprehension , some just dont have it.

You still didn't answer my question. Why do the Detroit Lions, who had zero talent a couple of years ago and went 0-16, now have the same record as the Houston Texans?

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
You still didn't answer my question. Why do the Detroit Lions, who had zero talent a couple of years ago and went 0-16, now have the same record as the Houston Texans?

Why did Payton & the Saints go 10-6 one year, & to the NFC Championship game, then go 7-9, 8-8 the two following years?

We never peaked as high as they did, their valleys haven't been as low as ours..... They eventually got to & won the Super-Bowl, so 2006 was only their peak at that time.

Who knows where our next peak will be.

Wolf
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM

because they don't have Frank Bush operating the Red Sea Defense?

http://www.anat.creativedreamers.com/Gallery/Parting-of-The-Red-Sea-web.jpg

Corrosion
12-31-2010, 04:46 PM

Look , if you are so pissed off .... why dont you donate those seats to a good chairty so you dont have to subject yourself to watching a team you dont like.

SheTexan
12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Look , if you are so pissed off .... why dont you donate those seats to a good chairty so you dont have to subject yourself to watching a team you dont like.

AMEN!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!! Beat the hell out of the Jags!!! WHY??????? Because at the end of the day it matters NOT what any of you negative minded "fans" think or want!! It's Bob McNair's $700,000,000 toy and he can do as he pleases!! If you don't like how he plays the GAME, then hop off the wagon and look around for another team to piss you off. 32 teams in the NFL and maybe 5 are worth rooting for this year!! You think the TEXANS are the only team with issues???? Look around! Just because some fired their coaches and made changes during the season does NOT make them a winning franchise next year. Just like getting the "chin" would not guarantee us a winning season in 2011. It's a crapshoot people. Pure and simple! JMO!!

SheTexan
12-31-2010, 05:04 PM

AMEN!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!! Beat the hell out of the Jags!!! WHY??????? Because at the end of the day it matters NOT what any of you negative minded "fans" think or want!! It's Bob McNair's $700,000,000 toy and he can do as he pleases!! If you don't like how he plays the GAME, then hop off the wagon and look around for another team to piss you off. 32 teams in the NFL and maybe 5 are worth rooting for this year!! You think the TEXANS are the only team with issues???? Look around! Just because some fired their coaches and made changes during the season does NOT make them a winning franchise next year. Just like getting the "chin" would not guarantee us a winning season in 2011. It's a crapshoot people. Pure and simple! JMO!!

djohn2oo8
12-31-2010, 05:16 PM
It's amazing how many people can embrace a loser mentality. With Cowher you know you're getting someone with a backbone

Mixgosu
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM

lol. Yea and the year before texans went 5-11....nice that you use only the year before as a comparison point.

Reality is under-performing should be measured whether the team makes the playoffs or not. Kubiak has not made the playoffs in 5 years. Last year's defense was ranked 13th overall in the NFL and they still didn't make the playoffs.

In the corporate world, as it appears that you may know, your performance should be measured based on certain metrics along with against your peers; which in this case is playoffs and other coaches. Kubiak should rank dead last considering those variables.

Ckw
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM

They didn't even make the ****ing playoffs in "any of those seasons".

Kubiak is a proven failure, and it has been proven he can't do the most important jobs of a head coach: prepare the team to play 60 minutes of quality football and manage the clock.

JB
12-31-2010, 05:32 PM
They didn't even make the ****ing playoffs in "any of those seasons".

Kubiak is a proven failure, and it has been proven he can't do the most important jobs of a head coach: prepare the team to play 60 minutes of quality football and manage the clock.

nevermind

spurstexanstros
12-31-2010, 06:28 PM

Sorry.

thanks to Jerry

Hardcore Texan
12-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Never. Being in Austin myself... my loyalty will never waver. It didn't when I lived in DC, Las Vegas, and Austin. I root for Houston whatever for life.

Must spread rep......

Hervoyel
12-31-2010, 07:23 PM

Sorry.

There was a time when I would have thought that and don't get me wrong, I am not saying I think this is likely or imminent or anything like that. I don't. I'm just saying that I can definitely see a day when Texas has a third NFL team. With franchises able to move the way they do now and with the population of the United States moving west as well as the growth of San Antonio I think it's only a matter of time before San Antonio joins the league. It will come at some poor cities loss no doubt but it will one day happen. I'm certain of it.

I suspect you'll tell me that Jerry Jones will never let another team move to San Antonio but that's a myth. I hear people say that all the time and frankly, I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap a better argument against a team coming to SA. Jerry Jones by himself can't keep a team from moving to another city that's closer to Houston than it is to Dallas. Don't expect McNair to come to Jerry's aid either. They both might be "Have's" in the league as opposed to "Have Not's" but I think Bob would dig a team in SA. He's kind of Forrest Gump that way. He'd probably think it was a great marketing opportunity or something.

GNTLEWOLF
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM

As for underperforming for 5 years .... what the hell did he have to start with but a 2-14 team devoid of talent , he went 6-10 with HWWNBM at QB for cryin out loud. But hey , dont let facts get in the way of your pissin and moanin.I dont think they underperformed at any point up until this season.

Why is it when people talk about Capers all they talk about was 2-14 season? The safety in mediocrity crowd(of which McNair is the CEO) always seam to forget that the year before, Capers' Texans were 7-9...that is two games better than this years version of Kubiak and co. Also until the 2-14 year Capers showed improvement every season. Have we really netted that many more wins under Kubiak that he merits an eternal contract? Is the team really that much better that a better coach couldn't get us over the hump? So I'm not really buying the devoid of talent excuse five years in. That old saw won't hack it anymore. All these players were Gary's and yes they underperformed after Five years, if winning means anything. It's not like we were just now coming off the 2-14 season. It has been five full years.
But then again, why let facts get in the way of our hiding under Gary's failed tenure?

BTW didn't Capers also go 6-10 one year with Carr also?

Corrosion
01-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Why is it when people talk about Capers all they talk about was 2-14 season? The safety in mediocrity crowd(of which McNair is the CEO) always seam to forget that the year before, Capers' Texans were 7-9...that is two games better than this years version of Kubiak and co. Also until the 2-14 year Capers showed improvement every season. Have we really netted that many more wins under Kubiak that he merits an eternal contract? Is the team really that much better that a better coach couldn't get us over the hump? So I'm not really buying the devoid of talent excuse five years in. That old saw won't hack it anymore. All these players were Gary's and yes they underperformed after Five years, if winning means anything. It's not like we were just now coming off the 2-14 season. It has been five full years.
But then again, why let facts get in the way of our hiding under Gary's failed tenure?

BTW didn't Capers also go 6-10 one year with Carr also?

I think that 2-14 team of Capers suffered from the same thing that hurt this team this year - a lack of talent on the back end. AG left , they moved Coleman to FS and had Faggins and a bunch of nuttin at the corners.

Here's a link to the 2005 roster .... (http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/2005-hou)

I will agree that they underperformed "After" five years .... but not "For" five years. That was my arguement with dude with 13 total posts that joined yesterday.

Lucky
01-01-2011, 12:00 PM
That was my arguement with dude with 13 total posts that joined yesterday.
Sometimes posters return to the forum under new handles.

I'm not saying that's the case here. Just saying.

SpringTexan
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
AMEN!!

1st bolded point-That mentality pisses me off. That's like saying Barack Obama can do whatever the hell he wants with the country. He's the one who runs it! If you don't like it then get out. Give me a break and demand a winning team to Houston.

2nd bolded point-The Texans are the only team who would let a coach stay around 5 seasons with only one winning season and no playoff appearances.

I will be hoping that the Texans for the sake of next years season. Call me a fake fan, but I'm rooting for the future.

houstonspartan
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Again: Why do the Detroit Lions have the same record as the Houston Texans? I really want your thoughts on this, since Gary started with such a terrible team.

Maddict5
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Again: Why do the Detroit Lions have the same record as the Houston Texans? I really want your thoughts on this, since Gary started with such a terrible team.

why do you care what the lions are doing? nobody's saying this team hant underperformed & shouldnt have more wins this season

why are you keep comparing us to a team on a texans-patented 4 game win streak to end the season? im sure the lions fans have plenty 'schwartz:1-11 in first 12 games: when playoff teams are made' threads

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
why do you care what the lions are doing? nobody's saying this team hant underperformed & shouldnt have more wins this season

why are you keep comparing us to a team on a texans-patented 4 game win streak to end the season? im sure the lions fans have plenty 'schwartz:1-11 in first 12 games: when playoff teams are made' threads

Because when do you ever see the Lions do that? You always see the Texans do that (except for this year, when they're about to go 1-9 to end the season...but that's progress according to McNair and his supporters). And I decided to check the Lions forum and didn't see any threads like that on there. The Lions also haven't had a coach for five years who has never made the playoffs.

houstonspartan
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Have you even been following this thread? Corrosion said that Kubiak should be given a break because he started with a terrible team. I responded that that was five years ago, and that I'm tired of hearing that argument. I then wanted to know how is it that Detroit, which went 0-16 a couple of years ago, and had ZERO talent, is able to make strides and have the same record as the very talented Houston Texans.

As long as people toss out the "Kubiak started with no talent" argument, it's a fair comparison.

thunderkyss
01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Because when do you ever see the Lions do that? You always see the Texans do that (except for this year, when they're about to go 1-9 to end the season...but that's progress according to McNair and his supporters). And I decided to check the Lions forum and didn't see any threads like that on there. The Lions also haven't had a coach for five years who has never made the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure the progress he's talking about is the red-zone efficiency, 3rd down effectiveness, the run game, & our records within the division.

Big problems we've had for a couple of years now.

SpringTexan
01-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the progress he's talking about is the red-zone efficiency, 3rd down effectiveness, the run game, & our records within the division.

Those are all great, but I'm mainly concerned about the record. He hasn't done a thing about that.

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 05:47 PM

I got one better for you: 6-10, 8-8*, 8-8*, 9-7*, 5-10*

Record was 5-7 after the first twelve games. Not sure where the progress is there. I see the same mediocrity, different ways of losing, and actually some regressing this year. I've seen players fight each other on the field and have no care in the world in their eyes. They've quit on their coach. If McNair honestly thinks keeping Kubiak is the best thing to do, when you have a chance at a Cowher this offseason? We need a McNair facepalm.

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 06:35 PM
If McNair honestly thinks keeping Kubiak is the best thing to do, when you have a chance at a Cowher this offseason? We need a McNair facepalm.

As much as I'm in agreement, I've given in to the fact it's probably going to be bad news, and as a fan, I'm just going to have to ride this trainwreck all the way to it's conclusion.

thunderkyss
01-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I got one better for you: 6-10, 8-8*, 8-8*, 9-7*, 5-10*

Record was 5-7 after the first twelve games. Not sure where the progress is there. I see the same mediocrity, different ways of losing, and actually some regressing this year. I've seen players fight each other on the field and have no care in the world in their eyes. They've quit on their coach. If McNair honestly thinks keeping Kubiak is the best thing to do, when you have a chance at a Cowher this offseason? We need a McNair facepalm.

There are a lot of negatives out there. IMO, they far outweigh whatever progress McNair sees (if he sees any at all).

I'm just saying, if he does see progress, it's probably in the areas I mentioned.

I don't think the team quit on Kubiak.

& I don't think we have a shot at Bill Cowher. We can't attract a freak'n Wide receiver like David Givens. Why in the world would Cowher want to come here?

JB
01-01-2011, 06:38 PM
As much as I'm in agreement, I've given in to the fact it's probably going to be bad news, and as a fan, I'm just going to have to ride this trainwreck all the way to it's conclusion.

I'll be drinkin' on top of the boxcar the entire way.

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 06:39 PM
I'll be drinkin' on top of the boxcar the entire way.

Well save me a seat brother, you know I can't turn down a drink :)

JB
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Well save me a seat brother, you know I can't turn down a drink :)

Lot's of room up here, but the view stinks right now.

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Lot's of room up here, but the view stinks right now.

You know what they say........it's always lonely at the top.:mcnugget:

JB
01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
You know what they say........it's always lonely at the top.:mcnugget:

Well, it's lonely and the seating sucks, but the air is a lot better. And while the wind is noisy, it's not as irritating.

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, it's lonely and the seating sucks, but the air is a lot better. And while the wind is noisy, it's not as irritating.

And it beats the hell out of riding in the livestock car :)

JB
01-01-2011, 06:55 PM
And it beats the hell out of riding in the livestock car :)

Yup!

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 06:56 PM
There are a lot of negatives out there. IMO, they far outweigh whatever progress McNair sees (if he sees any at all).

I'm just saying, if he does see progress, it's probably in the areas I mentioned.

& I don't think we have a shot at Bill Cowher. We can't attract a freak'n Wide receiver like David Givens. Why in the world would Cowher want to come here?

Because this team has the talent. Kubiak did a good job at that. Kubiak is just not a good leader for this team. Cowher would have this team at 10 wins right now, at least.

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Because this team has the talent. Kubiak did a good job at that. Kubiak is just not a good leader for this team. Cowher would have this team at 10 wins right now, at least.

And his no nonsense demeanor would have the players all wearing diaper protection during practices.:cowboy1:

Dutchrudder
01-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Lots of reasons.
He knows he should get at least 4 years to build the team his way.
He knows McNair is not a meddling owner, like Davis, Jones or Snyder.
He knows this is a rich franchise with lots of money to spend on free agents and coaches, and nice facilities to attract them.
He knows Peyton will be on the downside of his career in the next year or two, and when that happens the AFC South will be a relatively weak division, but easy to win.
He knows McNair is willing to pay 5 million a year for Kubiak, which means he can ask for somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 mill a year for four years.
He knows that this team has a good offense, but needs a lot of help on defense, which makes it more attractive than many of the other vacancies currently in the NFL.

The Texans are an attractive franchise to potential coaches, but without the vacancy at the HC position, none of this will matter anyways.

Maddict5
01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Have you even been following this thread? Corrosion said that Kubiak should be given a break because he started with a terrible team. I responded that that was five years ago, and that I'm tired of hearing that argument. I then wanted to know how is it that Detroit, which went 0-16 a couple of years ago, and had ZERO talent, is able to make strides and have the same record as the very talented Houston Texans.

As long as people toss out the "Kubiak started with no talent" argument, it's a fair comparison.

and i responded to that by saying they're having a late season surge. they're overperforming & we're underperforming this season. its not v complicated. plus easier schedule due to last placed finish last yr etc.

kubiak took our undertalented team to 8-8 his second season so not really seeing the point of the comparison where we finished ahead or level with alot more talented teams

thunderkyss
01-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Like I said, can't get a David Givens, or Orlando Pace.... our biggest FA acquisition has been Ahman Green. If Cowher mentions the word Texans, it's only to start a bidding war. He has no intention of coming to Houston.

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 08:14 PM
The Texans are favored by 3..............by only home field advantage. That 12th man may not show up.

JB
01-01-2011, 08:16 PM
The Texans are favored by 3..............by only home field advantage. That 12th man may not show up.

They were 2 1//2 point underdogs.

False Start
01-01-2011, 08:16 PM

Yeah, that might be an issue, lol. I sure as hell hope we win though. :fans: :texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
They were 2 1//2 point underdogs.

Evidently, loss of AJ does not impress the bookies as much of loss of MJD and DG.

JB
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Evidently, loss of AJ does not impress the bookies as much of loss of MJD and DG.

Just trying to get the betting to even out.

Revolution
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Thanks for being the first Texans fan to actually post in this thread.

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for being the first Texans fan to actually post in this thread.

I'm sure I posted in this thread :)

Revolution
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm sure I posted in this thread :)

Unless you were one of the first five posts, I wasn't referring to you! :)

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Unless you were one of the first five posts, I wasn't referring to you! :)

Hue Mer :)

JB
01-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Hue Mer :)

Lost!

Revolution
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Lost!

Humor, but he does have a sack for an avatar, so I wasn't too sure....

"FirstTexansFan" equals first Texans fan...

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I only wear the sack because my real pic is too ugly :)

JB
01-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Humor, but he does have a sack for an avatar, so I wasn't too sure....

It's kinda dry.

wildroot
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM

I think KC is a better comparison. New coach, new system, little talent 2 years ago....now Division winner. Same as us except we're in year 5 and still below .500

Funny how other teams can turn things around so quickly.

Wolf
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Texans lack a QB for the secondary called a safety

SheTexan
01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
1st bolded point-That mentality pisses me off. That's like saying Barack Obama can do whatever the hell he wants with the country. He's the one who runs it! If you don't like it then get out. Give me a break and demand a winning team to Houston.

2nd bolded point-The Texans are the only team who would let a coach stay around 5 seasons with only one winning season and no playoff appearances.

I will be hoping that the Texans for the sake of next years season. Call me a fake fan, but I'm rooting for the future.

#1 BO did not pay ONE dime for this Country, he DOES DO whatever he wants with this Country, and it took him less than a year to F it up!!

#2 Not true!

#3 Why hold out and root for a team that you think has NO future? I'm not calling anyone a "fake" fan. What the hell is that? I thought they all belonged to the Dallas Cowboys!! :D

Big Lou
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM

^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^:kingkong::koolaid:

SpringTexan
01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
#1 BO did not pay ONE dime for this Country, he DOES DO whatever he wants with this Country, and it took him less than a year to F it up!!

#2 Not true!

#3 Why hold out and root for a team that you think has NO future? I'm not calling anyone a "fake" fan. What the hell is that? I thought they all belonged to the Dallas Cowboys!! :D

#1- You missed the point. Just because he basically runs the country doesn't mean he gets to do whatever the hell he wants to.

#2- Name one other team who has?

#3- I'm not saying the team has no future, i'm saying the coach has no future.

JB
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
#1- You missed the point. Just because he basically runs the country doesn't mean he gets to do whatever the hell he wants to.

#2- Name one other team who has?

#3- I'm not saying the team has no future, i'm saying the coach has no future.

#1 BO does not own the country.

#2 Dallas Cowboys

3. Opinion only, though it is shared by many.

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I think KC is a better comparison. New coach, new system, little talent 2 years ago....now Division winner. Same as us except we're in year 5 and still below .500

The Falcons are another.

Marcus
01-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Sorry.

I'd be happy if they only had one team. If McNair called in the moving vans after the game tomorrow and announced that the Houston Texans were changing it's name to the Los Angeles Los Angeleons, there wouldn't be one ounce of skin off my ass.

I liked it better when we didn't have a team.

And no, I'm not sorry to say that.

GP
01-02-2011, 01:55 AM
I'd be happy if they only had one team. If McNair called in the moving vans after the game tomorrow and announced that the Houston Texans were changing it's name to the Los Angeles Los Angeleons, there wouldn't be one ounce of skin off my ass.

WTH?

So we're all sitting here throwing rocks at one another, and you are off by yourself (up in the peanut gallery) throwing merely verbal insults down at us all and have no vested interest in this whole friggin' thing?

What in the HELL is your motivation for being here then?

I can understand (and even value) the opposing viewpoint, but to read what you just posted...well, I can see why you have over 5,000 posts and under 1,000 rep points. It's crystal clear now. You have no interest in this. You have no dog in this fight.

Unless I somehow misunderstood your post, that is.

Maybe you should pack up your keyboard and mouse and move it to the Raiders or 49ers forum? Go get your jollies off some other fan base other than this one, if you indeed wouldn't care if this team packed up and left?

Things are bad, for many of us right now, but in the grand scheme of things it's not as bad as being someone who wouldn't care if the team left tomorrow. Is this your way of saying your a Cowboys fan and come here for some weird, random reason or something?

More confused for having read your post, Marcus. :mcnugget:

Carr Bombed
01-02-2011, 04:11 AM
WTH?

More confused for having read your post, Marcus. :mcnugget:

Yeah, I didn't really understand it either.

I'm mad at the direction our owner is taking our team, but I'd never want them to pack up and move.

Grams
01-02-2011, 08:17 AM

I am sorry you said that.

I do not like the way the Texans are heading, but it sure is a lot better with a team in Houston than no team at all here.

Corrosion
01-02-2011, 09:16 AM

No , thats not what I said.

Mixgosu stated the Texans had under performed for five consecutive seasons. I simply stated that wasnt the case. They were a crappy 2-14 team that improved each year until this season. Did they under perform this year ? Absolutely.

Here's the begining of the discussion .... since you cant seem to get your facts straight , I'll set it strainght for you.

And he's where you jump in ....

Meh , reading comprehension .....

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
blah blah blah

That's what I think.

Corrosion
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
blah blah blah

That's what I think.

At least you think .... :barman:

A lot of these jokers on here dont even have the capacity to do so.

Showtime100
01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
At least you think .... :barman:

I wish there was an emoticon to express how hard I laughed at that. Great response Corrosion. :spit:

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 09:29 AM
They've actually underperfomed for the last 3 yrs.

With this team having no depth and the SOS being the hardest in the NFL. It wasn't hard to see this season coming.

Where Kubiak lost me was when he failed to make the playoffs last yr. They played all of the crappy teams and still couldn't make the -playoffs.

That proved to me that Kubiak isn't a championship level coach. So in my mind kepping him on from that point is a colossal waste of time.

That's if you really care about the Texans winning a SB.

Oh well looks like 2 more yrs of my team only showing up 2 qtrs every game. Thanks BoB.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 09:54 AM

I know it seems I'm always making excuses for Kubiak. But it seems to me people don't take everything into account when making comparisons. Yes it appears the Chiefs have done in two years what we couldn't do in five.

Never mind we've never played against a S.O.S. Below .500, which the Chiefs have this year, 22nd (.488), their S.O.S. Is going to turn out even better, as only two teams have winning schedules right now.

Never mind every other team in their division is currently below .500, which we've never had. As bad as the AFC South looks this year, it's still stronger than the AFC West.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 10:03 AM
The Falcons are another.

Falcons .496 S.O.S

They've got some good wins, New Orleans, Tampa Bay (x2), Green Bay, Baltimore. Defense jus as bad as ours.

Definitely a better team, in less time.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Defense jus as bad as ours.

Absurd. The Falcons are a better team across the board.

Corrosion
01-02-2011, 10:12 AM

With this team having no depth and the SOS being the hardest in the NFL. It wasn't hard to see this season coming.

I could see last year as an underperform. The previous years not so much ....

As for seeing this shitstorm of a season coming , Sure. Prior to the season many were concerned about the Texans SoS. But after the way they started the season 4-2 its hard to fathom their 1-8 free fall SoS be damned. 5-10 is totally unacceptable.
There's a lot of things wrong with this team .... I just have to wonder how much of that should be placed on the coach and how much should be placed on the guy who gives him players and those players themselves.

Going with that young secondary was a monumental mistake - Who's call was that , Smith's , Kubiak's ? McNair's for not wanting to pony up the $$ to keep D-Rob ?

We are into the second regime here and have yet to spend a quality pick on a safety .... The Safety play has been total crap since this franchise played its first game .... who do ya put that on ?

Steve Slaton returning kicks ? What better option do they have ? Who made that decision ?

Unless you are privy to the answers to those questions its impossible to place blame ... and unless you are a part of the orginization , you likely have zero clue who made those decisions. That goes for the media as well.

The coaches job is to put the players he's given in a position to have a positive outcome each and every play - I think the current staff has done that for the most part. The failure has been on the players themselves. Dropped passes , missed tackles , blown assignments .... cant really blame that on the coaches. Thats on the players .... The Ravens game is a prime example.

The Ravens first offensive possession - 3rd and a mile from inside their 10 a harmless pass in the middle of the field , three defenders between the reciever and the first down marker. No one makes a play. The drive doesnt result in points for the Ravens but it does result in poor field position for the Texans and later a short field for the Ravens.
The offense had a horible start to that game. Why ? Schaub was 1 for 12 with 5-6 drops.
Late in the game , JJ drops a TD. Make that catch and there is no overtime.

The Jets game - They have the lead with less than two minutes on the clock and the Jets burried deep in their on end. A blown coverage assignment by the Safety results in a long gain .... and eventually a Jets TD.

The talent level in the NFL is so close that one mistake can screw up the best laid plans. More often than not this season , its been the players who have made those mistakes .... while the coaches have put them in a position to succeed.

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I know it seems I'm always making excuses for Kubiak. But it seems to me people don't take everything into account when making comparisons. Yes it appears the Chiefs have done in two years what we couldn't do in five.

Never mind we've never played against a S.O.S. Below .500, which the Chiefs have this year, 22nd (.488), their S.O.S. Is going to turn out even better, as only two teams have winning schedules right now.

Never mind every other team in their division is currently below .500, which we've never had. As bad as the AFC South looks this year, it's still stronger than the AFC West.

Remember before the season when people were saying SOS didn't matter. LOL

The Texans had their shot to make the playoffs last yr. Kubes blew it by not getting his team to show up for 4qtrs.

Think abots this if they had let Kubiak go after last yr. that 2 to 3 yr transition period would now only be 1/2 yrs. People would be looking forward to next yr. Instead it looks like it will be another 3/4 yrs before this team will be good.

I see 1 more yr of Smithiak. Then a 2 yr transformation period. How long will AJ and his bad ankle have been in the league at that point?

Can you see the cycle repeating itself. I sure can.

This is why Smithiak needed to be fired. Oh well BoB can count his $$$$.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Where Kubiak lost me was when he failed to make the playoffs last yr. They played all of the crappy teams and still couldn't make the -playoffs.

That proved to me that Kubiak isn't a championship level coach. So in my mind kepping him on from that point is a colossal waste of time.

That's if you really care about the Texans winning a SB.

Oh well looks like 2 more yrs of my team only showing up 2 qtrs every game. Thanks BoB.

Again, though last years schedule was easier than this years, easier than 2008, that was not an easy schedule.

You say we "under performed" yet mentioned we had no depth. Considering the injuries we had last season, how is that?

I think Kubiak did an adequate job of continuing on last season, despite injuries,but it looks as if we were prepared to. Studdard, Caldwell, Dresson, even Jacoby stepping up.

Frank Bush (Kubiak) couldn't do the same on defense, Bently, and Sharpton, IMO aren't adequate replacement for Demeco & Diles. What's really bad about that, is that Adibi was supposed to be able to step in for Diles, heck, that used to be his spot.

Then we struggle at DB & Molden still can't get on the field, why is he still here?

We suddenly realize we don't have a place for Okam on this team, so he is just released outright??

So Frank Bush gets fired because these guys aren't adequate depth. Okam, Adibi, Molden, Nolan (I didn't even talk about Nolan, but he's another one)... How much say did he have in any of those decisions?

Lucky
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
So Frank Bush gets fired because these guys aren't adequate depth. Okam, Adibi, Molden, Nolan (I didn't even talk about Nolan, but he's another one)... How much say did he have in any of those decisions?
Frank (Call me Patsy) Bush.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Absurd. The Falcons are a better team across the board.

Saying the Falcons are as bad as we are, is a knock against Kubiak. Because they are 12-4 with wins against the Ravens & several other teams we couldn't beat, even tough we have a better offense.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
SOS wouldn't look so tough if we just win
:kitten:

Lucky
01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Saying the Falcons are as bad as we are, is a knock against Kubiak. Because they are 12-4 with wins against the Ravens & several other teams we couldn't beat, even tough we have a better offense.
You can say it all you want, but it doesn't make it true. The Falcons play on the gridiron is superior in every way to the Texans.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Remember before the season when people were saying SOS didn't matter. LOL

SOS doesn't matter for teams that win at least some of the tough games on their schedule, the Ravens, the Jets, The Falcons...

We're not one of those teams.

The Texans had their shot to make the playoffs last yr. Kubes blew it by not getting his team to show up for 4qtrs.

No team shows up for 4qtrs, not the way our fans expect the Texans to "show up for 4qtrs"

Kubes blew it last year, for being stupid & scared. Whoever made the decision not to bring Larry Johnson in at the bye week blew it just as well. Too many things went wrong last season, heck, I beleuve had we let D.Rob leave, and started Reeves, we'd have had a better shot at getting in the play-offs last year, & not felt the pressure to start Kareem this year.

Think abots this if they had let Kubiak go after last yr. that 2 to 3 yr transition period would now only be 1/2 yrs. People would be looking forward to next yr. Instead it looks like it will be another 3/4 yrs before this team will be good.

Even though I saw a few things I didn't like about Kubiak, I would have had a hard time firing him after our first winning season ever. Not extending his contract, I can see, but replacing him after getting this team to perform better, more consistently than it ever has prior to his arrival?

Sounds like haterade, sounds like we're upset at Kubiak or McNair for not doing something totally unrelated, like drafting Mario Williams, or Amobi Okoye, or being totally wrong about Slaton, Moats, Brown to carry the run game. Or maybe we're upset that he expects Jacoby, Foster, & who knows who ekes to carry themselves, to handle their business a certain way before they can see the field.

I see 1 more yr of Smithiak. Then a 2 yr transformation period. How long will AJ and his bad ankle have been in the league at that point?

Can you see the cycle repeating itself. I sure can.

This is why Smithiak needed to be fired. Oh well BoB can count his $$$$.

It would make sense to fire Kubiak this yea, to bring ohm back doesn't make sense. However, I believe the GM has been a bigger waste of money. I don't want to see replacing them both again so soon. If the rumors are true, Wade Phillips comes in as DC, I fully expect Rick Smith to be on his way out. & someone with the credibility to fire Kubiak & hire our next coach.... Some one to take McNair out of that position.

houstonhurricane
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
We should win this game easily. Sure, not having AJ in the lineup hurts, but not as much as MJD and DG for the Jags. Should be nothing less than another 20-plus point victory for the hometown team...

Thus, not only do we keep Kubes and Smith tomorrow, we will be working from a much lower draft position.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 11:21 AM
...If the rumors are true, Wade Phillips comes in as DC, I fully expect Rick Smith to be on his way out. & someone with the credibility to fire Kubiak & hire our next coach...
Why do you expect that? What history do you have to base that on?

Smith's not going anywhere. Coach Teflon's not going anywhere. Bottom Line Bob is sure the team is on the right track.

Just ask anyone at the next owners meeting you go to.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I agree with lucky. Smith won't go anywhere esp if they are keeping Kubiak

just the defense

spurstexanstros
01-02-2011, 11:32 AM

thpppt.....rooting for your team to lose is a giant suck.

gary
01-02-2011, 11:37 AM
If you are going to be so angry to not support your team just because what you want did not happen or maybe you are one who feels hoe hum about the Texans that you don't even give a lick if they leave. If you are one of those people then you should rethink about posting here IMHO.

Lucky
01-02-2011, 11:39 AM
If you are one of those people then you should rethink about posting here IMHO.
If you follow the rules, you can post here. That's how it's always been.

There is an ignore feature available, FYI.

gary
01-02-2011, 11:57 AM
If you follow the rules, you can post here. That's how it's always been.

There is an ignore feature available, FYI.Sure, but I am just asking people to think about why thry are a fan. Do they care too much? Or too little about their team? Most fans want their team to stay put when it comes to down to it I don't care enough for my blood presure to boil over my team but I do care enough that I want them to stay here. Does that make sense? I hope so. Just think about it that is all but at the end of the day post on if you wish.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
With the news coming out more and more that Kubiak is staying, I'm hoping now that the Texans get curbstomped so McNair can change his mind. It's for the best.

Thorn
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
With the news coming out more and more that Kubiak is staying, I'm hoping now that the Texans get curbstomped so McNair can change his mind. It's for the best.

While I agree with your logic, I just can't bring myself to root for them to lose. Oh well. I think McNair has already made up his mind, and unless the Texans lose by 30 points or something really silly, it sounds like we get another year of Smithiak.

ziggy29
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I can't root for the Texans to lose -- especially if it doesn't influence the unfortunate idea that Kubiak returns for another year. Having said that, IF the Tacks beat the Colts, at least a Jags win keeps Peyton and the Colts out of the playoffs. I'd rather see the Jags there than the Colts.

Can't believe I'm rooting for the Titans...

Hookem Horns
01-02-2011, 02:21 PM
While I agree with your logic, I just can't bring myself to root for them to lose. Oh well. I think McNair has already made up his mind, and unless the Texans lose by 30 points or something really silly, it sounds like we get another year of Smithiak.

... or a season to be wary of.

CretorFrigg
01-02-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm usually extremely excited for Sunday because I get to watch the Texans play. This Sunday, I almost forgot we had a game. I turned on the TV at 1PM and switched the channel to CBS, only to discover that the Texans game is at 3:15 today.

I'd always root for the Texans to win. It's difficult not to once you begin to watch the game. However, if losing means McNair's conversion regarding Kubiak and Smith's job security, then I might be able to root for us to lose. It's for the betterment of the team's future.

midway
01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
If you are going to be so angry to not support your team just because what you want did not happen or maybe you are one who feels hoe hum about the Texans that you don't even give a lick if they leave. If you are one of those people then you should rethink about posting here IMHO.

The only people who think that wanting the Texans to lose today is "not supporting the team" are people who are incapable of long-term thought. It is a bullshit argument put out by people who are incapable of understanding how anyone could disagree with them and their sunshine pumping and is a transparent attempt at making themselves superior to everyone else. No one believes it or thinks you're a better fan because of it, except yourself.

Case in point. I love the USA. I think it's the best country in the world. I do NOT think it is infallible. There are some who try to crucify me for this. I love the Texans, they're my team. I desperately want them to win a Super Bowl. This does not mean that I have to approve of everything (or anything) that they are doing at a given moment in time. To think otherwise is foolhardy.

ziggy29
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
The only people who think that wanting the Texans to lose today is "not supporting the team" are people who are incapable of long-term thought. It is a bullshit argument put out by people who are incapable of understanding how anyone could disagree with them and their sunshine pumping and is a transparent attempt at making themselves superior to everyone else. No one believes it or thinks you're a better fan because of it, except yourself.
Depends. If Kubiak's return is already a done deal, there's no real long-term advantage to be gained if the Texans get drilled. So if the reports are true and McNair is determined to keep Captain Hazelwood at the helm of the Valdez for another year, then there's no reason why a loss helps the team (except for a small change in draft position).

Thorn
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Depends. If Kubiak's return is already a done deal, there's no real long-term advantage to be gained if the Texans get drilled. So if the reports are true and McNair is determined to keep Captain Hazelwood at the helm of the Valdez for another year, then there's no reason why a loss helps the team (except for a small change in draft position).

Actually it's not small at all. Depending on what goes down today, we could draft anywhere from about 6th to 14th.

Wolf
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
well good news possibly on the draft pick scenario.. with Minnesota beating Philly last Tuesday they moved to 6 wins and with Detroit beating Minnesota they now move to 6 wins

gary
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
McNair should have his mind made up by now and this game should not matter regarding Gary Kubiak. Period.

Surreal McCoy
01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
McNair should have his mind made up by now and this game should not matter regarding Gary Kubiak. Period.

It (wanting them to lose) has absolutely nothing to do with McNair changing his mind or draft position in the slightest. It's simply a matter of ego with poster/caller/writer wanting to claim superior intellect as having foresight of the impending debacle.

It would be funny if it weren't so predictable and transparent.

gary
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
It (wanting them to lose) has absolutely nothing to do with McNair changing his mind or draft position in the slightest. It's simply a matter of ego with poster/caller/writer wanting to claim superior intellect as having foresight of the impending debacle.

Exactly, why I am rooting for a win to support my team.

Marcus
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Yeah.

It's people llike TexansFight and 2nd Honeymoon who will make it impossible for me to participate in any form of group-hugging if/when the team starts becoming successful. That's just not going to happen.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah.

It's people llike TexansFight and 2nd Honeymoon who will make it impossible for me to participate in any form of group-hugging if/when the team starts becoming successful. That's just not going to happen.

Funny how guys like you have the adacity to continue to bash on 2nd Honeymoon when that guy has been spon on regarding the Texans every year after your insults and tantrums thrown at him. 2nd Honeymoon was the only guy that went as far as to say that the Texans would go 6-10 before this season when the Texans did nothing in the off season to improve this team, and yet the Texans could actually do worse. Any apologies from you to 2nd Honeymoon regarding that? Any apologies ever been thrown in Honeymoon's direction?? Don't think I've ever seen any. So before you strut your arrogant complex out there bashing Honeymoon, you might want to check your history of being wrong on what the current state of this franchise was or is and how on point his opinions actually were because Honeymoon has caught more flack than anyone I've ever witnessed on this site and all for being "right", yet no one ever goes back and gives the man his due after they slayed him for being constructive and objective about this regime.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Funny how guys like you have the adacity to continue to bash on 2nd Honeymoon when that guy has been spon on regarding the Texans every year after your insults and tantrums thrown at him. 2nd Honeymoon was the only guy that went as far as to say that the Texans would go 6-10 before this season when the Texans did nothing in the off season to improve this team, and yet the Texans could actually do worse. Any apologies from you to 2nd Honeymoon regarding that? Any apologies ever been thrown in Honeymoon's direction?? Don't think I've ever seen any. So before you strut your arrogant complex out there bashing Honeymoon, you might want to check your history of being wrong on what the current state of this franchise was or is and how on point his opinions actually were because Honeymoon has caught more flack than anyone I've ever witnessed on this site and all for being "right", yet no one ever goes back and gives the man his due after they slayed him for being constructive and objective about this regime.

Must spread rep...etc. :bravo:

Marcus
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM

Bullshit!

I didn't have a problem with what he said or predicted, or how right or wrong he was.

It was the arrogant, belligerent manner in how he expressed himself.

Constructive and objective? I never NEVER read anything from him that was constructive or objective. His posts are always destructive, and vile.

Know the difference? Probably not.

Doppelganger
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Unless there is a major blunder, the Texans will win. The Jags will not humiliate the Texans.

GP
01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Bullshit!

I didn't have a problem with what he said or predicted, or how right or wrong he was.

Constructive and objective? I never NEVER read anything from him that was constructive or objective. His posts are always destructive, and vile.

Know the difference? Probably not.

Hilarious.

Have you ever been banned, even temporarily for not treating people correctly on here?

I seem to remember you serving a few time-outs a few years back.

You condemn others for doing what you are guilty of, as well.

Marcus
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Hilarious.

Have you ever been banned, even temporarily for not treating people correctly on here?

I seem to remember you serving a few time-outs a few years back.

You condemn others for doing what you are guilty of, as well.

I have never been banned. Don't believe me, PM the mods and ask them.

Have I flamed the rude and the impolite, you betcha. (including you a few times) And I don't regret it one bit.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Bullshit!

Constructive and objective? I never NEVER read anything from him that wasn't constructive or objective. His posts have always been constructive, and historically accurate.

Know the difference? Of course I don't.

Fixed it for you.

Just like I thought, and that's exactly why I won't lend any credibility your way and a few others on stuff like this. You blast a guy before a season or in mid season for making unpopular predictions or stances about this team, this HC, this owner, or some player you like because he plays here, all because it's not some overly optimistic sunshiny opinion that gives everyone hope. But when the guy ends up being dead on, you're in no way shape or form willing to give the guy his due or apologize for blasting the guy and calling him names even though YOU had things wrong. Whether he or anyone else comes off arrogant or if you don't like their attitude is besides the point and irrelevant really. If you were wrong then you were wrong, then give the other guy that you shit on for having the unpopular opinion his due, especially when he's been right for several years now. But no, instead of doing that, you continue to insult him. And that says a lot more about you then it does him when it comes to being vile.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Hah....so much for the original topic.