PDA

View Full Version : Before you guys cancel your PSLs and burn your gear...

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Check with me first. See, I'm a fan for life, win or lose, and would be interested in buying some of your stuff that's so worthless to you that you'll cancel, send it back, and/or burn it.

That is all.

JB
12-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I could probably buy a bit too.

Brando
12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I want a bit of the action too.

BetaV1
12-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Same here. If you guys have any Texans sweaters, hoodies, beanies, tallies, etc., I'd be more than happy to buy them at a reasonable rate and pay for shipping.

Double Barrel
12-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I'll outlive the owner, so my gear ain't going anywhere.

However, I will pack it up for awhile if they want the logo to epitomize mediocrity.

I'll pull out the hard hat and jersey to attend a game, though. I'm not going to let a perpetually crappy product end that streak. :texflag:

Pantherstang84
12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Wait a minute. This isn't the Team Gruden thread? :backsout:

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm going to wait until after FA,Draft before I make that decision.

But I will keep y'all in mind.

I'm still a Texans fan. But I'm not giving any more of my $$$$ to McNair and his shell game. Unless I see massive upgrades in talent in FA/Draft.

I dont see this happening so I'll get back with you.

Lifes too short to be wasting on an owner that doesn't care about winning or his fan base. Time will be better spent with my family on Sundays.

cardiactgaters
12-30-2010, 07:38 PM
hey sign me up ill take what ever you dont want too :) facebook me at cardiac tailgaters for pickup :fans:

FOREVER A TEXAN!!!!! :fans: :bender:

Mr. White
12-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Did we really need to start a new thread just to stir up more shit?

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm going to wait until after FA,Draft before I make that decision.

But I will keep y'all in mind.

I'm still a Texans fan. But I'm not giving any more of my $$$$ to McNair and his shell game. Unless I see massive upgrades in talent in FA/Draft.

I dont see this happening so I'll get back with you.

Lifes too short to be wasting on an owner that doesn't care about winning or his fan base. Time will be better spent with my family on Sundays.

I'm not spending another dollar on this team either until they start showing a commitment to building a winning franchise. Bringing a loser of a head coach back so he can drag this team down for yet another season is not the kind of commitment I'm looking for....

And before any of you start asking for my Texans' swag, don't bother. Just because I'm not going to spend another dollar on this team as long as Kubiak is conducting this "Fail Train" doesn't mean I'm not a Texans fan or I'm some how not as big of a "Texan fan" as the rest of you. It just means y'all have more expendable income than I do and y'all don't mind throwing your dollars at a loser of a franchise (which is exactly what the Texans are right now and have been under McNair)

I'm a Houston sports fan first, so I'd rather reallocate my "entertainment dollars" and spend my expendable income on a team that's headed in the right direction and actually makes moves like they give a damn about winning. The money I'll save by not buying the bullshit that McNair is selling and has been selling for years is going to allow me to purchase Houston Rockets season tickets next year and I can guarantee you, I'll be much more entertained spending my money on that product than the one down on Kirby dr. This isn't Nashville, Jacksonville, or Buffalo....it's the city of Houston and there's more than one show in town. I'm tired of spending my money on the same crappy movie.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Yeah, what's the purpose of this thread? LOL :) It's like a Texans fan pissing contest.

Hookem Horns
12-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Check with me first. See, I'm a fan for life, win or lose, and would be interested in buying some of your stuff that's so worthless to you that you'll cancel, send it back, and/or burn it.

That is all.

... and that is why it doesn't matter if this team wins or loses. Everything is always rainbows and marshmallows down in H-Town.

http://rlv.zcache.com/rainbow_marshmallows_mousepad-p144138035177755902trak_400.jpg

BTW, I wish my business was like the NFL. I would be rich too if I could sell a horrible product and suckers keep buying.

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 08:08 PM

No we did not.

Derek Lee just couldn't substansiate his position on other threads.

So he felt the need to start up a thread to get his smart a** point across.

The Texans on field product sucks and you're willing to waste your $$$$ on it. Point Taken

thegr8fan
12-30-2010, 08:12 PM
cool, been looking for interested fans to purchase my PSL's from me. Since your the "uber fan for life" along with the rest of the gang of 'Best Fans Forever', go ahead an PM me your 'reasonable' offer for 2 seats in the 137 section of the stadium.

I'm sure we can make a deal, cause I am not going to make another trip to Houston and waste my time and money on this mediocre excuse for an owner and team.

I will however re-invest it into a very good HD TV, DirecTV NFL package, and popcorn to watch the games on Sunday.

BetaV1
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
... and that is why it doesn't matter if this team wins or loses. Everything is always rainbows and marshmallows down in H-Town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

JB
12-30-2010, 08:15 PM
cool, been looking for interested fans to purchase my PSL's from me. Since your the "uber fan for life" along with the rest of the gang of 'Best Fans Forever', go ahead an PM me your 'reasonable' offer for 2 seats in the 137 section of the stadium.

I'm sure we can make a deal, cause I am not going to make another trip to Houston and waste my time and money on this mediocre excuse for an owner and team.

I will however re-invest it into a very good HD TV, DirecTV NFL package, and popcorn to watch the games on Sunday.

Can you provide more info on your PSL's? What row & seats?

HTown2ATX
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM

That is all.

Dude....it's just not clicking is it?

I and most of my mindset are not getting rid of our gear nor dropping the Texans as our team. But yes, we are pissed about what is happening with the franchise.

:kubepalm:

JB
12-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Dude....it's just not clicking is it?

I and most of my mindset are not getting rid of our gear nor dropping the Texans as our team. But yes, we are pissed about what is happening with the franchise.

There have been more than a few that said they were going to sell psl's and not renew their season tickets. And yes, it has been mentioned that someone was sending all their Texans gear back.

What's wrong with letting people know that there are buyer's if people want to get rid of their stuff?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 08:23 PM
There have been more than a few that said they were going to sell psl's and not renew their season tickets. And yes, it has been mentioned that someone was sending all their Texans gear back.

What's wrong with letting people know that there are buyer's if people want to get rid of their stuff?

He should have posted this thread in the Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear section if thats the case. Instead this thread looks like a desperate cry for attention.

JB
12-30-2010, 08:27 PM
He should have posted this thread in the Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear section if thats the case. Instead this thread looks like a desperate cry for attention.

Sorry, I didn't even pay attention to which section it was in. I just use the new thread feature. Yeah, it should be moved out of the Texans Talk forum.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 08:28 PM
He should have posted this thread in the Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear section if thats the case.

LOL and are we really to believe that was his sole motive behind this thread? That's kinda nave.

HTown2ATX
12-30-2010, 08:30 PM

True. This is why I tried to qualify it with "most" because that is a small faction that would actually do that and aren't just saying that in the heat of the moment or who even would have said it at all.

Nothing is wrong with buying it if someone else doesn't want it.

thunderkyss
12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm hoping the prices plummet, so I can move down closer to the field.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM

Yeah with Bob McNair...I wouldn't hold my breath. :) He does have to stay in the top ten you know.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok Derek,

My tix are 71.50 a pop. Total price of $720 for the season. That's in addition to the $1200 psl fee, and the $250 psl transfer fee. I also have parking, which is something like $30 per game.

Put your money where your mouth is and send me a private message if interested, "fan for life."

HTown2ATX
12-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok Derek,

My tix are 71.50 a pop. Total price of $720 for the season. That's in addition to the $1200 psl fee, and the $250 psl transfer fee. I also have parking, which is something like $30 per game.

Put your money where your mouth is and send me a private message if interested, "fan for life."

Looking at about $2,410 with those numbers.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Ok Derek,

Yeah and all of y'all who are offering up y'all's PSLs....let us know exactly how many PMs y'all get. I'm curious. :)

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 08:42 PM

Thunder, it's not as expensive as you think to re-locate. You should look into it.

thunderkyss
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM

Is that on the Texans' side?

thunderkyss
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah with Bob McNair...I wouldn't hold my breath. :) He does have to stay in the top ten you know.

I'm sure the season tickets will go up..... 18 games & all.

I'm talking about the going price for the PSLs....... from dissatisfied owners.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Looking at about $2,410 with those numbers.

The parking is optional. Though, I will say it's nice to have. Parking rates actually went up like 25 percent this year. They gouged parking pass holders.

TexansFanatic
12-30-2010, 08:55 PM

Man, you got that right. Amazing isn't it?

Zero accountability from the top down.

The players are unaccountable to the coach. The coach is unaccountable to the owner. And the owner is unaccountable to the fans.

What a racket! McNair is essentially printing money.

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Ok Derek,

Yeah but you forget about all of the $$$$$$ you spent on beer,food and merchendise for the wife and kids for the last 9yrs. It adds up and the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve a he** of alot better than they are currently getting.

infantrycak
12-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm sure the season tickets will go up..... 18 games & all.

18 games is irrelevant since the idea is same number total and pre-season already costs the same as regular season.

CloakNNNdagger
12-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Fret no more, my fellow fans. For McNair has assured us that the Texans are on the right track and he is holding a perfect hand to building a winner for the next season.
http://www.poker-babes.com/poker/definitions/bluff/Bluff.jpg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
As was stated earlier, shouldn't this be put in the correct forum, or was the OP just trying to puff his chest out with no intent of actually purchasing anything.

JB
12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok Derek,

Where are your tickets? And that is for each ticket right? How many do you have?

thunderkyss
12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Fret no more, my fellow fans. For McNair has assured us that the Texans are on the right track and he is holding a perfect hand to building a winner for the next season.
http://www.poker-babes.com/poker/definitions/bluff/Bluff.jpg

For the record.. again, he wasn't assuring us, he was trying to motivate his team.

As far as the poker hand, where is he sitting, & what's the action??

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM

The players are unaccountable to the coach. The coach is unaccountable to the owner. And the owner is unaccountable to the fans.

And yet, we're all crappy fans for recognizing the "Ponzi scheme" that's taking place down on Kirby dr.

When McNair finally wises up and starts caring about winning and the product on the field and not just his bottom line......it'll be because of "FANS" like us that force him to give a shit about the product on the field in order to protect his bottom line. That's called accountability.

Yesterday
12-30-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm not spending another dollar on this team either until they start showing a commitment to building a winning franchise. Bringing a loser of a head coach back, so he can drag this team down for yet another season is not the kind of commitment I'm looking for....

And before any of you start asking for my Texans' swag, don't bother. Just because I'm not going to spend another dollar on this team as long as Kubiak is conducting this "Fail Train" doesn't mean I'm not a Texans fan or I'm some how not as big of a "Texan fan" as the rest of you. It just means y'all have more expendable income than I do and y'all don't mind throwing your dollars at a loser of a franchise (which is exactly what the Texans are right now and have been under McNair)

I'm a Houston sports fan first, so I'd rather reallocate my "entertainment dollars" and spend my expendable income on a team that's headed in the right direction and actually makes moves like they give a damn about winning. The money I'll save by not buying the bullshit that McNair is selling and has been selling for years is going to allow me to purchase Houston Rockets season tickets next year and I can guarantee you, I'll be much more entertained spending my money on that product than the one down on Kirby dr. This isn't Nashville, Jacksonville, or Buffalo....it's the city of Houston and there's more than one show in town. I'm tired of spending my money on the same crappy movie.

This

Loyalty is a two-way street. Why should we be loyal to this organization when they aren't loyal to us?

97roc
12-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Count me in.

Yo... My man... hook me up!!

Corrosion
12-30-2010, 09:19 PM

http://rlv.zcache.com/rainbow_marshmallows_mousepad-p144138035177755902trak_400.jpg

BTW, I wish my business was like the NFL. I would be rich too if I could sell a horrible product and suckers keep buying.

I was thinking of Uncle Drayton when I read this ..... :kitten:

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Ok Derek,

Row and seat number? I'm looking for 2 more, and although they're a pretty long way from my current first and second row seats in the Bull Pen, I'd consider it for a decent location.

My point in this thread isn't for attention. It isn't for a swap shop either. It's to say that for every one of you who wants to jump off the bandwagon, there are others of us willing to ride the storm. And we'll take your castoffs, too, because you'll come crawling back for it when it turns around.

Kubiak may not be the answer, but it's Bob's decision to make. And I'm telling you, regardless of what the majority of blowhards on this board may say, that dude WANTS TO WIN. If you invested in the team, you invested in Bob McNair. You gotta live with his decision(s).

CloakNNNdagger
12-30-2010, 09:26 PM
18 games is irrelevant since the idea is same number total and pre-season already costs the same as regular season.

Cak, I've spoken to a Direct TV executive who tells me that with the salary cap mandated to go up with the structure of an 18 game regular schedule, the owners plan on raising ticket prices and concessions, while cable issues such as NFL TICKET are likewise sure to see an increase.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Row and seat number? I'm looking for 2 more, and although they're a pretty long way from my current first and second row seats in the Bull Pen, I'd consider it for a decent location.

My point in this thread isn't for attention. It isn't for a swap shop either. It's to say that for every one of you who wants to jump off the bandwagon, there are others of us willing to ride the storm. And we'll take your castoffs, too, because you'll come crawling back for it when it turns around.

Kubiak may not be the answer, but it's Bob's decision to make. And I'm telling you, regardless of what the majority of blowhards on this board may say, that dude WANTS TO WIN. If you invested in the team, you invested in Bob McNair. You gotta live with his decision(s).

So we aren't fans and have to jump off the wagon if we don't agree with the decisions being made by the organization. Gotcha.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
So we aren't fans and have to jump off the wagon if we don't agree with the decisions being made by the organization. Gotcha.

Yep, we're all blowhards...but he's the guy who has to start his own thread in the wrong Forum to tell everybody how great of a fan he is.

P.S.

I'm glad that he informed me how I'm not a fan of the Texans just because I want to spend my entertainment dollars on something that's actually going to entertain me. I mean gee...if we're all not fans of this team, what the hell are we doing here posting on a Houston Texans' fan site? :rolleyes:

infantrycak
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Cak, I've spoken to a Direct TV executive who tells me that with the salary cap mandated to go up with the structure of an 18 game regular schedule, the owners plan on raising ticket prices and concessions, while cable issues such as NFL TICKET are likewise sure to see an increase.

Not sure why a DirectTV person would have any knowledge of this and frankly no agreement has been reached so I doubt any hard decisions have been made. The expectation is the salary cap will go up (even though the % is expected to go down) because the networks will pay more for regular season games. I have no doubt ticket prices will continue to increase incrementally. That's what they do. But the fact is people will still be paying for 10 full priced tickets just like they are now.

GP
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
As was stated earlier, shouldn't this be put in the correct forum, or was the OP just trying to puff his chest out with no intent of actually purchasing anything.

Yeah, typical Real Fan vs. Not A Real Fan thread.

Just gotta' love those threads. Full bucket of awesome.

CloakNNNdagger
12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Not sure why a DirectTV person would have any knowledge of this and frankly no agreement has been reached so I doubt any hard decisions have been made. The expectation is the salary cap will go up (even though the % is expected to go down) because the networks will pay more for regular season games. I have no doubt ticket prices will continue to increase incrementally. That's what they do. But the fact is people will still be paying for 10 full priced tickets just like they are now.

I can understand the skepticim. But the players in general before it's all over will negotiate substantially higher salaries than what the owners would want to admit now. A significant number of "tester" players are getting peanuts during the present preseason games. Other players, rookies and vets, are skipping games to heal their injuries before the games that count. The intensity of play and length of play of most of players in general are much lesser than regular season, with a lesser chance of injury. Preseason players will seldom play an average of more than 1-2 quarters and many not even that much. All these factors, along with the obvious need for expansion of the rosters are sure to bloat NFL expenses, despite increase of TV revenues and less sharing with the players. And, whether the owners want it or not, they will have to give reasonable concessions to the players. The owners are not about to lose anything. The players are not about to lose everything. All this will translate in one way or another to placing the burden on the fan faithfull.

Double Barrel
12-30-2010, 10:19 PM

Because all he wants is to win...with class...and, you know, class costs money.

Well, you're obviously just a regular fan and not an ber-fan-for-life.

The entire idea that any criticism of the front office somehow makes you less of a fan is goofy. It reeks of elitism to take that stance with other fans, somehow placing that perspective on a pedestal to cast judgment on everyone else.

I don't care if you're a Sunshine Club or Fire Kubiak Club member, you're ALL fans in my book. There is no degree of it, either. If you actually care about this garbage team at this point in time, you've got my respect as a fellow Texans fan regardless of your chosen perspective.

And the idea that a 54-89 franchise, who has never sniffed the playoffs, has a freakin' bandwagon cracks me up. Only a marshmallow myopic fanbase believes a losing franchise has a bandwagon and fairweather fans.

And yes, I'm not laughing with this opinion but directly at it. :lol:

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah but you forget about all of the $$$$$$ you spent on beer,food and merchendise for the wife and kids for the last 9yrs. It adds up and the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve a he** of alot better than they are currently getting.

Trust me. I've done the math. Considering tickets, psl fees, parking, beer, concessions, and the $1,500 I dropped flying up to the Green Bay game, in five and a half years, I've dropped a little more than $10,000 on the Texans brand.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 10:23 PM

Section 324, row N, seat 4. My buddy has seat 3, and I'm sure we'd sell the set to you for $5000.

Pm me.
Money, meet mouth.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Section 324, row N, seat 4. My buddy has seat 3, and I'm sure we'd sell the set to you for $5000.

Pm me.
Money, meet mouth.

Don't hold your breath.

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Do you really think Bob McNair is going to back off the % mrchandise thing. He want a bigger share and he's going to get it. Sad thing is this has very little to do with the CBA but it's one of the major things holding up the CBA.

When it's all said and done, there will be 18 regular season games and a regular Thursday night game. The players will get extended rosters. Probably up to 60-65 and they will set up some retired player benefits package. Seems like a fair deal to me.

I wonder if the TV contracts will have to be renegociated?

Yankee_In_TX
12-30-2010, 10:26 PM

That is all.

Like I said in another thread - after 2-14 there was no great flood on the open market or with the Texans, nor was there a large discount on the ones available. I call everyone's bluff.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Like I said in another thread - after 2-14 there was no great flood on the open market or with the Texans, nor was there a large discount on the ones available. I call everyone's bluff.

Exactly. I know for a fact that the Texans had trouble selling tickets in my section the last two seasons.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Lol. Carr, I'm not

JB
12-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Pm me.
Money, meet mouth.

If you sell the PSL, why should someone pay you for the tickets and parking passes? Can't they just buy them from the Texans?

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 10:36 PM

The difference is that after the 2-14 season (which was only the 4th season in franchise history, so that needs to be taken into account) there was a thing called, I don't know and obviously McNair has forgotten too....A COACHING CHANGE!

We'll see how season ticket holders respond after 9 seasons of losing (and yes I'm throwing the 9-7 season into the loser category also, we underachieved that season), except after this disappointing season (which is the most disappointing season since the 2-14 year) we don't even get a coaching change or any real hope for the future. Atleast after the 2-14 year, we had false hope that the hometown hero was going to save the day. LMAO remember when we referred to these clowns as Smithiak, like they were the up and coming brain trust in this league.

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 10:37 PM
If you sell the PSL, why should someone pay you for the tickets and parking passes? Can't they just buy them from the Texans?

Yes. As I said, the parking passes are definitely optional. The tickets would be bought from the Texans, but only after I gave up psl rights.

JB
12-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes. As I said, the parking passes are definitely optional. The tickets would be bought from the Texans, but only after I gave up psl rights.

So would you sell your psl for $1200?

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 10:41 PM
So would you sell your psl for $1200?

What does it matter... Derek is the superfan of all superfans, what's a few hundred bucks? That's chump change for the superfan of all superfans. :) Hell McNair has been taking advantage of his blind loyalty for years, why can't Houstonspartan?

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 10:47 PM
What does it matter... Derek is the superfan of all superfans. What's a few hundred bucks, that's chump change for the superfan of all superfans. :) Hell McNair has been taking advantage of his blind loyalty for years, why can't Houstonspartan?

Good ?

LOL

TheMatrix31
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm interested in some jerseys and hoodies, if you guys are indeed getting rid of stuff.

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM

Pm me.
Money, meet mouth.

5K for seats 2 sections behind me? No thanks. Even in a winning season Got something comparable to where I sit? Sure, I'm game.

JB
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I would like to find season tickets in section 508

txwoodchuck
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm a TEXANS fan and I've had enough. The treck from The Woodlands 10 times a year, to watch a bad team is over. If they bring in WADE, I'm gone. I'll take what I can get for my PSL's and stay home. McNair must think I'm a fool. I have had enough. Wade is another "nice" guy. A great coach? The BEST DC available,,, NOT. I want to win,,, period. This dog and pony show is over for me. I love the TEXANS, and their fans deserve better. Say what you want about Jerry Jones, George Steinbrener (I know he's dead), or MANY other distasteful owners, BUT they don't sit on their hands hoping for a good team. Show me a GOOD LOSER, and I'll show you a LOSER, sadly The Texans. My 2 PSL's in the FRONT row of Section 504 are available....

djohn2oo8
12-30-2010, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't blame Andre if he asks for a trade

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I would like to find season tickets in section 508

Will front row seats in section 504 work for you?

I'm a TEXANS fan and I've had enough. The treck from The Woodlands 10 times a year, to watch a bad team is over. If they bring in WADE, I'm gone. I'll take what I can get for my PSL's and stay home. McNair must think I'm a fool. I have had enough. Wade is another "nice" guy. A great coach? The BEST DC available,,, NOT. I want to win,,, period. This dog and pony show is over for me. I love the TEXANS, and their fans deserve better. Say what you want about Jerry Jones, George Steinbrener (I know he's dead), or MANY other distasteful owners, BUT they don't sit on their hands hoping for a good team. Show me a GOOD LOSER, and I'll show you a LOSER, sadly The Texans. My 2 PSL's in the FRONT row of Section 504 are available....

houstonspartan
12-30-2010, 11:14 PM
5K for seats 2 sections behind me? No thanks. Even in a winning season Got something comparable to where I sit? Sure, I'm game.

Lol. Shocker. All talk.

Btw: my tickets cost more than a buddy who sits in 134. Didn't understand why at first, but turns out our seats are on the mezzanine level, and we can see the entire field from where we are. Sometimes, being slightly higher is better.

JB
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Will front row seats in section 504 work for you?

Yeah, maybe... I sent him a PM

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, maybe... I sent him a PM

They do sound like pretty good seats. Good luck.

JB
12-30-2010, 11:26 PM
They do sound like pretty good seats. Good luck.

Yeah, I don't know if I can afford the PSL's actually. But who knows. And maybe I can swing it if they are realistic.

bckey
12-30-2010, 11:30 PM

That is all.

You are just what old Bob wants. Carry on.

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
You guys can blast me all you want, but I'm not here to start sh*t. I can take whatever you want to dish out. I'm not saying people don't have a right to be angry or frustrated. All I'm saying is if you're ready to bail, there are people ready to jump in and take your spots. I am DYING to get a couple of extra seats next to where I am in 116; so I'm calling out all you people (particularly in my area) that are ready to bail. And to say, "oh, you're all talk and you're just puffing out your chest" is a load of crap and just fanning the flames. Why would I buy 2 extra seats 15 sections away or 2 levels behind me and split up my family? Come on, be real. I said CHECK WITH ME, not "I'll buy anything".

There are obviously others (JB?) ready to buy from those ready to ditch. I'm not calling myself an uber-fan any more than the next guy, BUT...if you're NOT an uber-fan, I'll help pick up the slack. I, for one, will never bail, but if you do - that's your prerogative. But I love NFL football, I love this team, and win or lose, I love watching the game live. There's no other experience like it in the world.

Hookem Horns
12-30-2010, 11:35 PM
This thread is indeed very entertaining. It was worth the read and I am with guys like Pete (gr8fan), etc on this. Actually I took that action a few years ago.

I sent back in my season tix in disgust a few seasons back. Living in Austin it was literally an investment since I couldn't go to every game and had to rely on selling a few each season. Well that didn't go well when I had to start eating tickets.

Even back then I just didn't see things in place that would make me think the team would get better. So after losing money and seeing it was a bad investment I folded.

Every season that decision keeps looking wiser and wiser. It's a shame really.

Just think of the potential this organization has had. They overcame the odds to even land a team. The NFL pushed so hard to give the team to LA, yet McNair overcame that. Then the very first game, started by tailgating that had never been seen in the city of Houston before, followed by beating the hated Cowboys. How could a franchise get off to a better start??

The day after that game it sure looked like wow, the NFL is going to be so much different now in Houston. What a difference. Well, it would be different. We gave up the Houston Oilers for the Detroit Lions (minus the Thanksgiving game).

Man, who would have thunk how bad things would go down hill from there. How can something start our so perfectly and then turn into the turd that we now know as the Houston Texans? What a shame really, so much potential blown.

Yankee_In_TX
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm with Derek on calling folk's bluff of bailing on their tickets. And seeing Kevin's post above, I really think he is in the minority of people who actually take the action.

I bet I see no more lower bowl PSL's for sale in the off-season than usual and the ones I see are still listed at super inflated prices.

I can't speak for anything above the 100 level because I don't keep an eye on those prices.

For example - if you bought 2 PSL's for $500 each in 2002, think the team blows and you want to bail but then try to sell them for $5,000, are you REALLY serious about bailing?

(that being said if you're bailing on 100 level seats in between the 20's or lower 116/117, PM me!)

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 11:44 PM
This thread is indeed very entertaining. It was worth the read and I am with guys like Pete (gr8fan), etc on this. Actually I took that action a few years ago.

...and it was you that turned me on to this - YOUR board - 7 years ago when I met you to exchange tix in Pearland.

I'm not dissing anyone at ALL for turning in their season tickets or cancelling PSL's. BUT...when they do crap like that, they get turned over to brokers and "investors" instead of fans. I got tired of opposing fans behind me pouring beers down my back and yelling at me to sit down, until Ted and Kathy bought those seats. SO...again, if you're bailing, PLEASE sell them to FANS, not just release them for generic sale.

I have a buddy who's been a Jets fan since he was born (30 years), and he retells his tales of heartache and letdowns over and over and over. He gives me crap, but then pats me on the back and says, "hang in there; it's been WAYYYY longer for me". The majority of franchises ARE failures for long stretches (look at the Saints!). We'll get there, fellas. Just hang in there. And if you can't, sell your sh*t to other fans and we'll welcome you back with open arms when we turn it around for good.

Yankee_In_TX
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
...and it was you that turned me on to this - YOUR board - 7 years ago when I met you to exchange tix in Pearland.

I remember meeting you in a dark parking lot once for tickets. I had 9-1 dialed.:kitten:

DerekLee1
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm with Derek on calling folk's bluff of bailing on their tickets. And seeing Kevin's post above, I really think he is in the minority of people who actually take the action.

I bet I see no more lower bowl PSL's for sale in the off-season than usual and the ones I see are still listed at super inflated prices.

I can't speak for anything above the 100 level because I don't keep an eye on those prices.

For example - if you bought 2 PSL's for $500 each in 2002, think the team blows and you want to bail but then try to sell them for $5,000, are you REALLY serious about bailing?

(that being said if you're bailing on 100 level seats in between the 20's or lower 116/117, PM me!)

Thanks for having my back, Yankee.

I'd pay DOUBLE the PSL price for a pair of extra tix in 116 within 5 rows of my seats so my other kids could go with us every game.

Carr Bombed
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM

I bet I see no more lower bowl PSLs for sale in the off-season than usual and the ones I see are still listed at super inflated prices.

For example - if you bought 2 PSLs for $500 each in 2002, think the team blows and you want to bail but then try to sell them for $5,000, are you REALLY serious about bailing?

Me and my uncle split the cost of 4 seats in section 128.....we've already sold our seats for next season. People are genuinely pissed off, it isn't a bluff. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some people bluffing and some people that are speaking out in anger, but make no mistake...if McNair brings back Kubiak there will be people pulling the plug on their season tickets.

We aren't in a honeymoon stage anymore and people are no longer scared of losing a NFL team...that's been the biggest bluff of all. People act like if fans cancel their season tickets this team is going to pack up and move next year...it isn't that easy and the traumatic fear of losing a team like the Oilers is starting to fade and doesn't hold fans hostage anymore.

As far as anger, I've moved past "anger" a long time ago. It's comical to me now. Also I haven't seen Derek call anybody's bluff. He started this thread and we've had multiple people list their PSLs and seats and only ONE FAN has said he sent out a PM and even JB said he's not for sure if he's going to be able to buy them, where is the bluff being called? Y'all might not like to hear that fans would ever dare to do something like cancel their season tickets, but that's what happens when you have a team that's ran as crappy as the Texans have been ran and have a team that loses as much as they do. The only unrealistic thing here is to actually believe that Houstonians will just continue to take it up the rear for a decade without waking up and saying no more...that's what is unrealistic here.

This team no longer has a grace period and fans now want results, not empty promises...that's not going to work anymore. Let's put it this way, the Texans PR department sure as hell has their work cut out for them this offseason.

steelbtexan
12-30-2010, 11:54 PM

I'm not dissing anyone at ALL for turning in their season tickets or cancelling PSL's. BUT...when they do crap like that, they get turned over to brokers and "investors" instead of fans. I got tired of opposing fans behind me pouring beers down my back and yelling at me to sit down, until Ted and Kathy bought those seats. SO...again, if you're bailing, PLEASE sell them to FANS, not just release them for generic sale.

I have a buddy who's been a Jets fan since he was born (30 years), and he retells his tales of heartache and letdowns over and over and over. He gives me crap, but then pats me on the back and says, "hang in there; it's been WAYYYY longer for me". The majority of franchises ARE failures for long stretches (look at the Saints!). We'll get there, fellas. Just hang in there. And if you can't, sell your sh*t to other fans and we'll welcome you back with open arms when we turn it around for good.

See that's the thing Uncle Bob cant control. I may renw my tickets and sell them to the visiting team. If I can make half of money back and keep the PSL atleast I haven't lost my investment. In a couple of yrs things will change and Kubiak will be gone.

In the meantime people who I sit around will have to deal with foreigners.

Yankee_In_TX
12-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks for having my back, Yankee.

I'd pay DOUBLE the PSL price for a pair of extra tix in 116 within 5 rows of my seats so my other kids could go with us every game.

I need a solo for Manuel because I always end up having to split a pair and selling a solo every year is hard!

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
See that's the thing Uncle Bob cant control. I may renw my tickets and sell them to the visiting team. If I can make half of money back and keep the PSL atleast I haven't lost my investment. In a couple of yrs things will change and Kubiak will be gone.

That's moreso what I expect will happen.

Just looked at the Texans PSL site. I wonder if I can sell Manuel on 116 M, lol....

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Anyone wanna' go halvsies, lol?

http://texans.seasonticketrights.com/Permanent-Seat-Licenses/21154/Listing-Details-Marketplace.aspx

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 12:04 AM

And that's one of the reasons why we decided to sell our tickets, having to sit directly infront of 8 thug Giant fans who yelled obscenities at us the entire game was the last straw. I spent the second half of that game watching the game on a TV inside the stadium and not at my seats.....because I knew if I stayed in my seat I'd lose my cool and end up going to jail. Now will somebody please tell me how that's "entertainment" and worth the 100 bucks we were paying for each seat?

JB
12-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Anyone wanna' go halvsies, lol?

http://texans.seasonticketrights.com/Permanent-Seat-Licenses/21154/Listing-Details-Marketplace.aspx

I was thinking maybe but...

:yikes:

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I was thinking maybe but...

:yikes:

We could offer $1,000? They're behind the bench!

JB
12-31-2010, 12:13 AM
We could offer $1,000? They're behind the bench!

When I clicked on the link, I thought you were looking in the bullpen...

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
When I clicked on the link, I thought you were looking in the bullpen...

There's 2 in 116 M for $4,000.

Hookem Horns
12-31-2010, 12:36 AM

Wow, I do remember that. Were you buying tix from me or I was I buying them from you? I can't remember.

As for the Jets fan. Ask him how he would have felt if the Jets sat on Rick Kotite for 6 years because he was a "good ole local boy from Brooklyn" and Leon Hess just felt he was nice guy.

Actually Kotite is the longest tenured head coach of the Jets that never took them to the playoffs. You know how long he lasted? 2 seasons.

The only Jets coaches that lasted as long as Kubiak were Super Bowl winner Weeb Ewbank (10 seasons) and Walt Michaels (6 seasons) who took them to the AFC Championship game.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm still waiting to see where Texan fans were called on their bluff and how there's many fans who are willing to step up and buy these PSLs.

Has anybody bought any other fans PSLs in this thread yet? I'm guessing not. So if not, what was the point in posting this thread?

houstonspartan
12-31-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm still waiting to see where Texan fans were called on their bluff....

Has anybody bought any other fans PSLs in this thread yet? I'm guessing not. So if not, what was the point in posting this thread?

I have gotten zero emails.

Talk is cheap.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Maybe no one is biting because the thread is in the wrong section. :heh:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 02:06 AM
You guys can blast me all you want, but I'm not here to start sh*t. I can take whatever you want to dish out. I'm not saying people don't have a right to be angry or frustrated. All I'm saying is if you're ready to bail, there are people ready to jump in and take your spots. I am DYING to get a couple of extra seats next to where I am in 116; so I'm calling out all you people (particularly in my area) that are ready to bail. And to say, "oh, you're all talk and you're just puffing out your chest" is a load of crap and just fanning the flames. Why would I buy 2 extra seats 15 sections away or 2 levels behind me and split up my family? Come on, be real. I said CHECK WITH ME, not "I'll buy anything".

There are obviously others (JB?) ready to buy from those ready to ditch. I'm not calling myself an uber-fan any more than the next guy, BUT...if you're NOT an uber-fan, I'll help pick up the slack. I, for one, will never bail, but if you do - that's your prerogative. But I love NFL football, I love this team, and win or lose, I love watching the game live. There's no other experience like it in the world.

There's a difference between bailing and refusing to dump more money into an underwhelming product.

This thread still reeks of "I am Superfan, hear me roar."

Mr. White
12-31-2010, 02:11 AM

Just as I figured. You're trying to start another "pissed off fans" vs "positive fans" argument.

Only you couldn't pick from the whole front page of threads that already had these arguments. You wanted to go start up one of your own.

So, thanks for answering my question from post 9.

Looks like your answer is yes. There wasn't sufficient shit to stir in the other threads, so you had to start up your own for just that purpose.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Maybe we'll finally find out for sure who the real fans are.

Mr. White
12-31-2010, 02:16 AM

So you're not looking to start shit and you're looking for tickets, then why didn't you post this in the "Tickets" forum?

TheMatrix31
12-31-2010, 02:18 AM
And here I am, wishing I freakin' lived in Houston so I could enjoy the tickets.

Ugh....one day.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 02:21 AM
So you're not looking to start shit and you're looking for tickets, then why didn't you post this in the "Tickets" forum?

Ooooo, its story time. :popcorn:

Mr. White
12-31-2010, 02:27 AM
And here I am, wishing I freakin' lived in Houston so I could enjoy the tickets.

Ugh....one day.

Good news on that front. Houston's pretty easy to get to for anyone who wants to live here. No matter what kind of job you have, there's probably one over here that pays better.

There are obviously exceptions. And no doubt, the recession's put a damper on the job scene out here just like everywhere else.

Mr. White
12-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Ooooo, its story time. :popcorn:

The thing about this thread that really bothers me is that every thread on this board is "positive fans" vs "negative fans." The "positive fan" that started this thread easily could have made his point in any other thread on the board.

You aren't really a positive fan when you egg on negative shit. Like CarrBombed said....this guy wants another pissing match in a board full of pissing matches.

If any posters on this board wanted to go "off the bandwagon" and root for another team, then they already did it. Lots of people jumped over to the Titans and Cowboys and whatever team Carr plays for since I joined this board. These guys are preaching to the converted nowadays.

It's a long way till September. Texans fans need to get into a headspace that's going to get them through the off-season. Starting up more of these threads won't help that cause.

Texan_Bill
12-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Whatever..... I'm burning some money and will be back for more........... More abuse, but yeah, I'll be back for more!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 02:53 AM
It's also funny how he said we are the ones fanning the flames for calling him out on his schtick. Umm, what was the purpose of him making this thread again? lol

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 08:00 AM
The entire idea that any criticism of the front office somehow makes you less of a fan is goofy. It reeks of elitism to take that stance with other fans, somehow placing that perspective on a pedestal to cast judgment on everyone else.

Where has anyone made such a claim?

It's not "any" criticism......... I don't believe anyone has said anything to anybody about criticizing the team or it's management or it's owner.

The beef, is when you root for the team to lose..... I believe that is where we are drawing the line.

Boo on game-day (if they deserve it), rally outside reliant, write a letter to the owner, call in to the local radio show.... we don't care. There are plenty of outlets for you to "express your displeasure" about the current (apparent) direction of the franchise.

And we're all fine with that.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 08:16 AM

That's when I bought mine. Figured there would be a lot of people dumping. But I ended up paying the original price of the PSL to an individual..... the Texans did waive the transfer fee though.

Truth be told, there has been a lot of people not renewing their season tickets, & a lot of people newly buying season tickets, I believe up until two years ago. The first three years, I requested to move down in my section (608-609) & I was able to move down quite a bit.

If you've ever been that high, it's a big difference being in Row F (where I am now) & being in the dozens of rows higher. Reliant is so steep, just moving from F to C is a huge upgrade.

But the last two years, I haven't been able to get any closer than Row F.

I don't know if that is because the people in rows A-E understand how good their seats are, or because the outlook on the team had gotten better.

I'll try again to get closer to the rail this offseason, so we'll see.

CloakNNNdagger
12-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Wow, I do remember that. Were you buying tix from me or I was I buying them from you? I can't remember.

As for the Jets fan. Ask him how he would have felt if the Jets sat on Rick Kotite for 6 years because he was a "good ole local boy from Brooklyn" and Leon Hess just felt he was nice guy.

Actually Kotite is the longest tenured head coach of the Jets that never took them to the playoffs. You know how long he lasted? 2 seasons.

The only Jets coaches that lasted as long as Kubiak were Super Bowl winner Weeb Ewbank (10 seasons) and Walt Michaels (6 seasons) who took them to the AFC Championship game.

That's the problem with hiring the "good ole local boy from Houston," the nice guy, the friend or the friend of a friend.

DON'T HIRE 'EM IF YOU CAN'T FIRE 'EM!

http://streetbonersandtvcarnage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fired.jpg:kubepalm::wadepalm:

NitroGSXR
12-31-2010, 08:38 AM
That's when I bought mine. Figured there would be a lot of people dumping. But I ended up paying the original price of the PSL to an individual..... the Texans did waive the transfer fee though.

Truth be told, there has been a lot of people not renewing their season tickets, & a lot of people newly buying season tickets, I believe up until two years ago. The first three years, I requested to move down in my section (608-609) & I was able to move down quite a bit.

If you've ever been that high, it's a big difference being in Row F (where I am now) & being in the dozens of rows higher. Reliant is so steep, just moving from F to C is a huge upgrade.

But the last two years, I haven't been able to get any closer than Row F.

I don't know if that is because the people in rows A-E understand how good their seats are, or because the outlook on the team had gotten better.

I'll try again to get closer to the rail this offseason, so we'll see.

Smack dab in the middle of row B on the upper corner right here. Been trying to move more to the sidelines for two years now. I have been offered but at the price of sacrificing my row and closer to the aisle. I'm not willing to move over and sit in the upper middle of the section. I do not enjoy getting up and down all gane long for others so aisle seats are not for me. Middle row A-B-C are the only ones I'd consider. It's hard to find those through the Texans because nobody just gives those up. We know exactly how good we've got it there.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Exactly. I know for a fact that the Texans had trouble selling tickets in my section the last two seasons.

I think his point an yours are diametrically opposed.

"Exactly" doesn't quite fit.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Me and my uncle split the cost of 4 seats in section 128.....we've already sold our seats for next season. People are genuinely pissed off, it isn't a bluff. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some people bluffing and some people that are speaking out in anger, but make no mistake...if McNair brings back Kubiak there will be people pulling the plug on their season tickets.

Well hell, if you already sold your seats for next season, then you know there are people waiting to jump in.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Y'all might not like to hear that fans would ever dare to do something like cancel their season tickets, but that's what happens when you have a team that's ran as crappy as the Texans have been ran and have a team that loses as much as they do. The only unrealistic thing here is to actually believe that Houstonians will just continue to take it up the rear for a decade without waking up and saying no more...that's what is unrealistic here.

This team no longer has a grace period and fans now want results, not empty promises...that's not going to work anymore. Let's put it this way, the Texans PR department sure as hell has their work cut out for them this offseason.

I don't think it's a simple as you believe. Otherwise a winning Jacksonville team, or a Tampa Bay team would not be blacking out games.

There's more to it.

& what about the 12th man in Seattle? Is that storied franchise the exception to the rule? Before they were winning, that's been a hell of a place to play, a hell of a homefield advantage.

There were 4 high schools within 20 miles of my house when I was growing up. 2 of those schools had fans that only showed up when the team was winning... & they'd cuss & make all kinds of noise exiting the game when "their" team would happen to lose that day. I went to one of those schools, & I was very ashamed because of our fans (even though they "demanded" results.)

The other two schools fans showed up rain or shine, good seasons or bad. They'd sell out. To this day, you can't buy season tickets to those games until someone dies the only way you can get a seat, is by buying the general tickets they have for the opposing teams. Those tickets are generally bought by fans of the home school, it is rare to see a "bunch" or group of opposing teams colors in the stands.

My kids now go to one of those schools & it feels great to be part of that atmosphere.

We love to win, but we love the kids more. We love the organization.

As a side note, one of the schools with the fairweather fans had won more state championships than either of the two schools with "awesome" fans. But neither of those two schools are still around, they were combined to create a new school.

But if you've followed 4A-5A highschool football, you know the teams I'm talking about, & you know which fans travelled well in support of their teams. Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson, Port Arthur Abraham Lincoln, Nederland, & Port Neches Groves.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Thunder, it's not as expensive as you think to re-locate. You should look into it.

My thing is that I'm in 609. My seats are on the North 45 yard line behind the Texans' bench. I want to stay inside the 40s, & go straight down.

I'm hoping someone gets so disgusted that they'll be willing to let go of their PSLs at a lost... instead of not getting anything at all.

I own the rights to 2 seats, I don't believe I can recoup my costs on those. So I'll have to see a real good deal for me to make a move.

Like the deal you're offering, I can do better going through the Texans. All I'd have to pay is the difference in the cost of your PSL & mine, which sounds like $400, & there is no transfer fee. So to take your deal (for me) you'd have to be willing to sell for $150.

I don't think I'll ever get the deal I want, to be between the 40s at field level, behind the Texans' bench.... But if anyone is interested in giving up their PSLs(2) inside the 20s for $2,000 I'm your man.

I know it's below "market value" (way below) but if you're just walking away from them, at least I'll put a little money in your pocket.

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
I think his point an yours are diametrically opposed.

"Exactly" doesn't quite fit.

LMAO, I let it go :kubepalm:

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 10:28 AM
I do not enjoy getting up and down all gane long for others so aisle seats are not for me.

You're in 608-609??

I know exactly what you mean about the middle. In 2006, I was on the aisle. It was my first year, & I was smack dab on the 50. I thought it was great, until kick-off.

I mean how hard is it to at least wait until the play has been ran???

It took me a while to learn, but now I'm in seats 13-14 of Row F (609). One chair off the middle, so I don't have that problem any more.

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2010, 10:30 AM
It took me a while to learn, but now I'm in seats 13-14 of Row F (609). One chair off the middle, so I don't have that problem any more.

Except for the people who decide to take the long way :)

2 of my seats are against a camera pit, so we NEVER have to worry about it, lol.

NitroGSXR
12-31-2010, 10:37 AM
You're in 608-609??

I know exactly what you mean about the middle. In 2006, I was on the aisle. It was my first year, & I was smack dab on the 50. I thought it was great, until kick-off.

I mean how hard is it to at least wait until the play has been ran???

No. I'm in 651. I've had 608 and similar offered to me but they either were aisles or a much higher row. I really want to move more towards facing the sideline like you but I think it's more important to me to be where I am (in the shitty corners) for any combo of these reasons... low row, next to exit, safe walk to seats, middle of section, great regular seatmates, etc.

Speaking of fans...I sat in 551 a couple times. Great view but the most boring fans of them all. No vibe. I'd hate to sit there and they didn't really like me much.

CloakNNNdagger
12-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Where has anyone made such a claim?

It's not "any" criticism......... I don't believe anyone has said anything to anybody about criticizing the team or it's management or it's owner.

The beef, is when you root for the team to lose..... I believe that is where we are drawing the line.

Boo on game-day (if they deserve it), rally outside reliant, write a letter to the owner, call in to the local radio show.... we don't care. There are plenty of outlets for you to "express your displeasure" about the current (apparent) direction of the franchise.

And we're all fine with that.

I won't be on rooting for the team to lose............But I won't be in the least disappointed if that does occur.

You have to honestly ask yourself, "What is the ADVANTAGE to this team WINNING this upcoming game?" Then tab "What could be the ADVANTAGE to this team LOSING this game?"

With the former, another on-the-right track "moral victory?"...........I think we've had enough of those over the past decade. With the latter, a higher draft pick and, hopefully, the greater incentive to "do the right things" with the front office, coaching staff and player personel retention and acquisition.

steelbtexan
12-31-2010, 11:31 AM
We can only hope Greir gets the ax too.

ensign_lee
12-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Okay. Sure. I am at the point of disgust.

Signed Matt Schaub Liberty White Authentic Jersey (signatures on both sides) size 52: $250, PM me and we can meet up.

To put that in perspective, a normal authentic jersey is $300, unsigned.

thunderkyss
12-31-2010, 12:09 PM
I won't be on rooting for the team to lose............But I won't be in the least disappointed if that does occur.

& I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

"I'll be rooting for the Texans to win, but I'll be absolutely giddy if we lose."

nothing wrong with that. Not to me.

CloakNNNdagger
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
& I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

"I'll be rooting for the Texans to win, but I'll be absolutely giddy if we lose."

nothing wrong with that. Not to me.:handshake:

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Well hell, if you already sold your seats for next season, then you know there are people waiting to jump in.

Yeah, we sold them to another family member who owns his own business....he's going to give the tickets away to his clients and other customers. He isn't going to games, because he's not really into sports. Which works out for me, because I can still occasionally go to games...I just don't have to pay for them anymore. It's called a win, win. Why the hell would I pass up a deal like that? :)

Pantherstang84
12-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, we sold them to another family member who owns his own business....he's going to give the tickets away to his clients and other customers. He isn't going to games, because he's not really into sports. Which works out for me, because I can still occasionally go to games...I just don't have to pay for them anymore. It's called a win, win. Why the hell would I pass up a deal like that? :)

Because you're not a real fan? Just kidding. I have to crack jokes now days.

DerekLee1
12-31-2010, 06:57 PM
I need a solo for Manuel because I always end up having to split a pair and selling a solo every year is hard!

I wish those yokels that own the seats next to Lennon's in the front row would sell theirs. They always give those prime seats away to people who show up late and leave between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

And to you people trying to "call me out", shove off. I just made a bid on 2 extra bull pen seats from someone trying to bail.

Pantherstang84
12-31-2010, 07:06 PM
I wish those yokels that own the seats next to Lennon's in the front row would sell theirs. They always give those prime seats away to people who show up late and leave between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

And to you people trying to "call me out", shove off. I just made a bid on 2 extra bull pen seats from someone trying to bail.

:clap:

DerekLee1
12-31-2010, 07:14 PM

I believe I was buying an extra from you so my kid could go with me and the wife before we got our third seat for him.

The difference between Kotite and Kubiak is that Kubiak's teams at least show fight and promise (although not always victories, obviously). Kotite's Jets teams were just dead in the water. I think they won 4 games TOTAL during his tenure.

Let's hope that Kubiak is more Landry and less Kotite.

Marcus
12-31-2010, 07:22 PM

So, threatening to sell PSLs and tickets is NOT a desparate cry for attention???

Sorry, but that's exactly what is. Just sell your stuff, or not buy anything, or whatever, and keep your fricken mouth shut about it. Else, it's nothing but a cry for help.:ok:

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't think it's a simple as you believe. Otherwise a winning Jacksonville team, or a Tampa Bay team would not be blacking out games.

There's more to it.

& what about the 12th man in Seattle? Is that storied franchise the exception to the rule? Before they were winning, that's been a hell of a place to play, a hell of a homefield advantage.

There were 4 high schools within 20 miles of my house when I was growing up. 2 of those schools had fans that only showed up when the team was winning... & they'd cuss & make all kinds of noise exiting the game when "their" team would happen to lose that day. I went to one of those schools, & I was very ashamed because of our fans (even though they "demanded" results.)

The other two schools fans showed up rain or shine, good seasons or bad. They'd sell out. To this day, you can't buy season tickets to those games until someone dies the only way you can get a seat, is by buying the general tickets they have for the opposing teams. Those tickets are generally bought by fans of the home school, it is rare to see a "bunch" or group of opposing teams colors in the stands.

My kids now go to one of those schools & it feels great to be part of that atmosphere.

We love to win, but we love the kids more. We love the organization.

As a side note, one of the schools with the fairweather fans had won more state championships than either of the two schools with "awesome" fans. But neither of those two schools are still around, they were combined to create a new school.

But if you've followed 4A-5A highschool football, you know the teams I'm talking about, & you know which fans traveled well in support of their teams. Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson, Port Arthur Abraham Lincoln, Nederland, & Port Neches Groves.

Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are transit cities....and Jacksonville built a stadium so large, that they'll never be able to realistically support that franchise. I don't see where my comments are comparable to a couple of high schools. This is the NFL and the stakes are much higher. Outside of a few teams (Green Bay ect), if you go on a decade long run of crappy football, blackouts start looming.

It may not happen next season or the season after that, but if McNair doesn't change his ways and he fails to get this team on track, the stadium will stop filling up every week. It did with the Oilers, it has happened before with the Rockets, and it has has also happened with the Astros. Bob McNair doesn't have some magical golden ticket where he's free to do what ever he wants and fans will keep showing up regardless of the blatant lack of wins. It might seem that way now, but eventually the guy is going to have to win if he wants to put butts in the seats. Houstonians only take so much, they aren't a bunch of blind sheep. The fans deserve a winner and it's not being provided....it's blatantly being ignored. Fans have a right to be upset. What coach gets a 6th year after a record like Kubiak's?

Fred
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Let's hope that Kubiak is more Landry and less Kotite.

So after 5 years of Kubiak, the best his number 1 apologist defender can come up with is let's hope he's not Rich Kotite? Ouch.

To your original smartie-pants post of the thread: I'll work with you and the Texans to transfer my 50 yardline seats in Section 635 from my account to your account, only $250 per seat.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
So, threatening to sell PSLs and tickets is NOT a desparate cry for attention???

Sorry, but that's exactly what is. Just sell your stuff, or not buy anything, or whatever, and keep your fricken mouth shut about it. Else, it's nothing but a cry for help.:ok:

I don't see anyone starting threads in the Texans Talk section trying to sell PSLs and/or tickets. Only reason the OP started this thread was to thump his chest. Capiche?

JB
12-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't see anyone starting threads in the Texans Talk section trying to sell PSLs and/or tickets. Only reason the OP started this thread was to thump his chest. Capiche?

OP started this thread because of all the numerous posts all over the board about people not renewing and getting rid of their stuff. And he just wanted them to know that there were Texans fans that would step up. Capiche?

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 07:42 PM

We didn't start this thread, you might want to go read the OP.

And how is saying "I'm selling my tickets" a cry for help?

I thought this was a message board about the Houston Texans? Where people discuss things about the team. Right now the team sucks and the fans are not happy. Then you have a fan start a thread in the wrong forum just to stir the pot.

How about instead of telling people to "Keep their fricken mouth shut about it", you just move to another thread where the subject matter doesn't upset you.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
OP started this thread because of all the numerous posts all over the board about people not renewing and getting rid of their stuff. And he just wanted them to know that there were Texans fans that would step up. Capiche?

Then he should have posted it in the correct forum, comprende? The OP's intent of this thread was to call attention to himself and fan the flames.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 07:45 PM

And....

Does that change the fact that he was just stirring the pot?

Nope,

The guy had to know the response he'd get by starting a thread like that especially with the smart ass comments in his posts. Like he is the judge of who is a fan of this team or something. What did he seriously expect to happen?

JB
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Then he should have posted it in the correct forum, comprende? The OP's intent of this thread was to call attention to himself and fan the flames.

And that is exactly what most of these doom & gloom posts are all about.

And....

Does that change the fact that he was just stirring the pot?

Nope,

The guy had to know the response he'd get by starting a thread like that especially with the smart ass comments in his posts. Like he is the judge of who is a fan of this team or something. What did he seriously expect to happen?

No, I agree he was stirring the pot. Just like you and most of the people on this board do. They post to get a reaction.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 07:49 PM

No, I agree he was stirring the pot. Just like you and most of the people on this board do. They post to get a reaction.

What you call doom and gloom, we call reality.....I guess it's all relative huh?

Wolf
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I have already seen the doom and gloom

and that is a defense that is historically bad.. It can't get worse than that

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 07:52 PM

Fans wanting accountability within the organization is now categorized as doom and gloom?

JB
12-31-2010, 07:59 PM
What you call doom and gloom, we call reality.....I guess it's all relative huh?

Yep! And that's the way it should be.

Btw, if you knew me, you would know how pissed I am about this entire situation. And how I have apoplexy every Sunday. I just don't think that expressing my frustration here on this board accomplishes anything.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Fans wanting accountability within the organization is now categorized as doom and gloom?

And by posting your anger and frustration ad nauseum on this board brings accountability how?

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Yep! And that's the way it should be.

Btw, if you knew me, you would know how pissed I am about this entire situation. And how I have apoplexy every Sunday. I just don't think that expressing my frustration here on this board accomplishes anything.

That's fine, but for other people this is a place to vent with others how care about the team as much as they do and they don't need stupid threads like this one trying to ridicule them.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
That's fine, but for other people this is a place to vent with others how care about the team as much as they do and they don't need stupid threads like this one trying to ridicule them.

And I understand that, and I would agree with it, if those venting did not ridicule those that do not agree with them to the extent that they do.

It's a vicious circle when fan turns against fan.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:07 PM
And by posting your anger and frustration ad nauseum on this board brings accountability how?

The only reason why people are "posting their anger and frustration ad nauseum" is because we have threads like this one, where they'll told to keep quiet and just get in line.

Accountability comes from people finally saying enough is enough.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:09 PM
The only reason why people are "posting their anger and frustration ad nauseum" is because we have threads like this one, where they'll told to keep quiet and just get in line.
Accountability comes from people finally saying enough is enough.

Sorry, I call BS here. This thread is more of an effect than it is causality. Look at the timeline.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 08:11 PM

What's the purpose of a message board if we can't voice our opinions?

JB
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
What's the purpose of a message board if we can't voice our opinions?

Perfectly acceptable. That's why it is here. Why get upset when someone else voices theirs?

steelbtexan
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
I have already seen the doom and gloom

and that is a defense that is historically bad.. It can't get worse than that

Never say never

Who thought the Texans defense would be this bad? A couple of injuries next yr. After BoB sits out FA and it could be alot worse. Believe it or not.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Never say never

Who thought the Texans defense would be this bad? A couple of injuries next yr. After BoB sits out FA and it could be alot worse. Believe it or not.

But you would still be a fan, wouldn't you? A very bitchy one maybe, but a fan none the less.

Wolf
12-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Never say never

naa, I'd be more worried about AJ or Schaub going down

steelbtexan
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
And I understand that, and I would agree with it, if those venting did not ridicule those that do not agree with them to the extent that they do.

It's a vicious circle when fan turns against fan.

Yeah keeping this regime together for a 6th yr seems like a good idea.

Everything is hunky dory and if you dont believe it you're not a real fan.

BTW When do you predict the Texans will make the playoffs? I say 3-4 more yrs when a new regime comes in. Kubiak is that bad. Hate to break it to you.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry, I call BS here. This thread is more of an effect than it is causality. Look at the timeline.

Yes...and the time table ties directly with our owner talking about retaining a loser of a head coach and telling people "we're on the right track". So if you want to look at the causality, look at the franchise.

Seriously, why are people acting so surprised that fans get outraged or aren't satisfied with their investment or the product on the field, when the franchise is making current decisions like they are?

Sorry, but things aren't going to be hunky dory when the team fails year after year and no changes are made at the top.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Perfectly acceptable. That's why it is here. Why get upset when someone else voices theirs?

Do you see me attacking anyone for voicing their opinion? The OP is catching heat because he tried to put himself on a pedestal and place judgement on those who do not fall in the company line. Do you see anywhere in this thread where the OP is forming any type of opinion having to do with the product on the field? All of this would have been avoided had he posted this in the correct forum which is what I stated on the first page.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM

BTW When do you predict the Texans will make the playoffs? I say 3-4 more yrs when a new regime comes in. Kubiak is that bad. Hate to break it to you.

LOL, damn...what's the odds of that? :)

Pinch poke, you owe me a coke.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:21 PM

How does this relate to the post of mine that you quoted?

JB
12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Yes...and the time table ties directly with our owner talking about retaining a loser of a head coach and telling people "we're on the right track". So if you want to look at the causality, look at the franchise.

Seriously, why are people acting so surprised that fans get outraged or aren't satisfied with their investment or the product on the field, when the franchise is making current decisions like they are?

Sorry, but things aren't going to be hunky dory when the team fails year after year and no changes are made at the top.

Seriously, why are people getting so surprised and upset when other fan's don't agree with them?

If you want to be outraged, that is fine. I don't have a problem with that. But don't call me out for being blind and myopic because I don't agree with you.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Seriously, why are people getting so surprised and upset when other fan's don't agree with them?

If you want to be outraged, that is fine. I don't have a problem with that. But don't call me out for being blind and myopic because I don't agree with you.

First of all, I never called you out for being blind and myopic, don't try to spin my post into something it wasn't... You brought up effect and causality and I simply told you what the causality was. You think people like feeling this way? Do you think we enjoy this?

Also fans are acting surprised that other fans would even fathom the thought of canceling/selling their tickets.. It's why the OP felt compelled to hop on his high horse and start a thread like this one...like how dare other Texan fans for even mention that there might be something better to spend their hard earned money on in a strapped economy.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry CB, it was a metaphorical 'you'.

Wolf
12-31-2010, 08:34 PM
so what is being sold?
:texanbill:

Carr Bombed
12-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I have to run now... Going to a New Year party. Chat with y'all later.

JB
12-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I got to run now... Going to a New Year party. Chat with y'all later.

Have a great time and be careful. It gets crazy out there!

txwoodchuck
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
2 PSL's in middle of row "G", sect #504,,,, the FRONT ROW....

DerekLee1
12-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Do you see me attacking anyone for voicing their opinion? The OP is catching heat because he tried to put himself on a pedestal and place judgement on those who do not fall in the company line. Do you see anywhere in this thread where the OP is forming any type of opinion having to do with the product on the field? All of this would have been avoided had he posted this in the correct forum which is what I stated on the first page.

Whoa...whoa....WHOA.

I never put myself on a pedestal NOR did I place any judgment on anyone in any way. Maybe you should go back and READ my OP. Bah, I'll make it easy for ya.

So where again did I put myself on a pedestal or pass judgment? Oh, that's right. Because it's in the - and I quote - "wrong forum". Well, it's getting a hell of a lot more attention here (8 pages' worth) *EDIT: 9 pages now and counting* , so I dare say it's in the RIGHT forum. So all the people saying they're shipping back their gear or dumping their PSL's should ALSO be posting in the Tickets and Gear thread, right?

Don't throw stones in a glass house, my friends. By snottily implying I'm putting myself on a pedestal, you're mounting your OWN pedestals and thumping your OWN chests.

And BTW, I actually found some PSLs for sale thanks to this thread that are pretty damn close to my seats. Negotiating now, so mission accomplished.

Texan_Bill
12-31-2010, 10:29 PM
I ain't given up shite, nor burning shite!!! Those that wanna do so, I respect their decision, but at the end of the day, I say this:

C'Ya!!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Whoa...whoa....WHOA.

I never put myself on a pedestal NOR did I place any judgment on anyone in any way. Maybe you should go back and READ my OP. Bah, I'll make it easy for ya.

So where again did I put myself on a pedestal or pass judgment? Oh, that's right. Because it's in the - and I quote - "wrong forum". Well, it's getting a hell of a lot more attention here (8 pages' worth) *EDIT: 9 pages now and counting* , so I dare say it's in the RIGHT forum. So all the people saying they're shipping back their gear or dumping their PSL's should ALSO be posting in the Tickets and Gear thread, right?

Don't throw stones in a glass house, my friends. By snottily implying I'm putting myself on a pedestal, you're mounting your OWN pedestals and thumping your OWN chests.

And BTW, I actually found some PSLs for sale thanks to this thread that are pretty damn close to my seats. Negotiating now, so mission accomplished.

You must really think we're naive. This thread was made as a continuation of a conversation you had in another thread. When you start a thread and one of the first things you say is "See, im a fan for life" you are putting the spotlight on yourself and insinuating others are not real fans as if a team that has 1 winning season and zero playoff appearances in 9 years has a bandwagon to jump off of. And this thread was posted in the wrong forum contrary to your own belief. Theres a Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear section for a reason. The only reason the thread got to 9 pages was because you were successful in stirring the pot, which was your motive from the start. Grats.

DerekLee1
12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
You must really think we're naive. This thread was made as a continuation of a conversation you had in another thread. When you start a thread and one of the first things you say is "See, im a fan for life" you are putting the spotlight on yourself and insinuating others are not real fans as if a team that has 1 winning season and zero playoff appearances in 9 years has a bandwagon to jump off of. And this thread was posted in the wrong forum contrary to your own belief. Theres a Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear section for a reason. The only reason the thread got to 9 pages was because you were successful in stirring the pot, which was your motive from the start. Grats.

People that send back their gear and cancel their PSLs and mail in their tickets are not "fans for life". I never said I was any BIGGER fan or a MORE REAL fan than anyone else. But if you bail on a team because they're sucking and you don't like the direction, how can you call yourself a fan for life? You just bailed on your team.

Read into the thread what you want, but I haven't ragged on anyone or called anyone out. I found my extra PSLs thanks to this thread, so I'm a happy camper. You and CB are the ones "stirring the pot".

Oh...and Happy New Year.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
People that send back their gear and cancel their PSLs and mail in their tickets are not "fans for life". I never said I was any BIGGER fan or a MORE REAL fan than anyone else. But if you bail on a team because they're sucking and you don't like the direction, how can you call yourself a fan for life? You just bailed on your team.

So you believe that if people are not happy with the direction the Texans are going and decide to stop spending their own money on said product, they are bailing on the team and are not to be considered fans for life.

Happy New Year to you too.

CloakNNNdagger
01-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I guess that this scene from Animal House would then define "a fan for life." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ)

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
But you would still be a fan, wouldn't you? A very bitchy one maybe, but a fan none the less.

Unfortunately, True

I seem to be the type of person who likes to punish myself.

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 12:21 AM
How does this relate to the post of mine that you quoted?

It doesn't

I just had to get some crap out of my mind.

I picked your post because I thought you would understand.

I've been bringing in the New Year for a while now. I'll post this in another thread. But if I dont get around to it I just want to wish you a

HAPPY NEW YEAR

steelbtexan
01-01-2011, 12:25 AM
I ain't given up shite, nor burning shite!!! Those that wanna do so, I respect their decision, but at the end of the day, I say this:

C'Ya!!!!

Me either

But Check out my BOTTOM LINE BOB sign Sunday.

wagonhed
01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I'll send you this pair of pom-poms my niece doesn't use anymore, that would probably suit you well. Did you also want her custom battle red cheerleading skirt?

wagonhed
01-01-2011, 12:38 AM
You must really think we're naive. This thread was made as a continuation of a conversation you had in another thread. When you start a thread and one of the first things you say is "See, im a fan for life" you are putting the spotlight on yourself and insinuating others are not real fans as if a team that has 1 winning season and zero playoff appearances in 9 years has a bandwagon to jump off of. Grats.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lzRf9b1vduk/SqStXX-4V2I/AAAAAAAAACc/0CphKSkYiQY/s320/nailed+it.jpg

Dutchrudder
01-01-2011, 02:05 AM

That is all.

I must have missed something on this board, but when did people say they were mailing in their gear? I saw the thing about sending in the Jags tickets, which are mostly worthless now, but who the hell is claiming they mailed in their Texans jerseys, hats or boxers?

Someone please link me a post showing this.

Oh, and burning gear? Really? This isn't Lebron leaving Cleveland behind as a pile of rubble.

drs23
01-01-2011, 02:23 AM
I must have missed something on this board, but when did people say they were mailing in their gear? I saw the thing about sending in the Jags tickets, which are mostly worthless now, but who the hell is claiming they mailed in their Texans jerseys, hats or boxers?

Oh, and burning gear? Really? This isn't Lebron leaving Cleveland behind as a pile of rubble.

This link, I think...http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78611

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-01-2011, 02:39 AM
This link, I think...http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78611

I'd hope not. From that entire thread only 1 person (the OP) said anything about sending their gear back. No mention of burning Texans gear or cancelling PSLs either.

drs23
01-01-2011, 03:07 AM
I'd hope not. From that entire thread only 1 person (the OP) said anything about sending their gear back. No mention of burning Texans gear or cancelling PSLs either.

1st bolded: You would "hope not" what?

2nd " " : Read the first bolded statement below:

I must have missed something on this board, but when did people say they were mailing in their gear? I saw the thing about sending in the Jags tickets, which are mostly worthless now, but who the hell is claiming they mailed in their Texans jerseys, hats or boxers? [/Q]

That's where we started?

I gave DR a link he asked for. Don't know where the burning thing came in. ??

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-01-2011, 03:12 AM
1st bolded: You would "hope not" what?

2nd " " : Read the first bolded statement below:

I gave DR a link he asked for. Don't know where the burning thing came in. ??

Meant i'd hope that thread you linked wasn't the reason the OP felt the need to make this thread. Would be a bit of an overreaction. Not really sure where he got the burning gear stuff either.

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Read into the thread what you want, but I haven't ragged on anyone or called anyone out. I found my extra PSLs thanks to this thread, so I'm a happy camper. You and CB are the ones "stirring the pot".

Oh...and Happy New Year.

LMAO at this post.......lay off the eggnog, Christmas is over.

So now I'm not a fan of the Houston Texans, because I decided that in a strapped economy the negatives outweigh the positives in keeping season tickets. Get over yourself and take responsibility for a bullshit thread, nobody is "stirring the pot" here except you. You obviously wanted a response with this thread and now you've got it. You're trying to act like your better than people who decided that they can't justify dumping money into this team anymore and it's a joke.

You don't know what our income is and you have absolutely no clue what our emotional and financial investment is and has been in this team, so stop spewing bullcrap. I'm glad you can afford to buy up everybody's season tickets.....good luck with that, but don't sit there and try to tell people they're "bailing on their team" and how they're not a fan, because that does nothing but stirs a big pot of crap. Which in reality was your entire purpose with this thread. I've been a fan of this team since day one and I'm not going to entertain some jackass who's trying to tell me how I'm bailing on my team or how I'm not a fan. You don't know me from Adam so stop acting like you do.

BTW, there's been numerous fans who have offered up their PSLs in this thread, I wonder how many have even gotten offers for their tickets, but being the superfan that you are....I'm sure your going to purchase them all huh?

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 05:52 PM
This is how much of a non fan that I am or how much of a non "fan for life" I am.

Last night I went to a party wearing a Texans cap and when I got there, there was Kuda Brown (dude was drunk off his ass at 8:30) sitting there giving a verbal fellatio to Peyton Manning and the Colts and talking about how much the Texans suck. He kept coming at me and kept threatening me just because I wore a Texans cap and it ended up going to blows. (Which I'm not proud of, but it happened...I guess you can just chalk that one up as another great experience provided by being a Texans fan :rolleyes:) So I'm not going to listen to anybody who tries to tell me how I'm not a fan of this team. I'm a fan, I'm just done spending thousands of dollars on them and I don't need to spend thousands of dollars on them to be a fan. With Derek's logic in a city of multiple millions of people there's only 67,000 fans huh?

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
This is how much of a non fan that I am or how much of a non "fan for life" I am.

Last night I went to a party wearing a Texans cap and when I got there, there was Kuda Brown (dude was drunk off his ass at 8:30) sitting there giving a verbal fellatio to Peyton Manning and the Colts and talking about how much the Texans suck. He kept coming at me and kept threatening me just because I wore a Texans cap and it ended up going to blows. (Which I'm not proud of, but it happened...I guess you can just chalk that one up as another great experience provide by being a Texans fan :rolleyes:) So I'm not going to listen to anybody who tries to tell me how I'm not a fan of this team. I'm a fan, I'm just done spending thousands of dollars on them and I don't need to spend thousands of dollars on them to be a fan. With Derek's logic in a city of multiple millions of people there's only 67,000 fans huh?

So, who won the fight? Did you represent the H, or not? And fighting is a reason why I have slowed my drinking. Give me the herb instead. It has certainly helped with this disaster of a season the Texans, Bob McNair, and Gary Kubiak have provided for us.

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
So, who won the fight? Did you represent the H, or not? And fighting is a reason why I have slowed my drinking. Give me the herb instead. It has certainly helped with this disaster of a season the Texans, Bob McNair, and Gary Kubiak have provided for us.

I used to box and the dude was drunk...so it wasn't really a fair fight.

Needless to say though, I don't enjoy fighting unless it's in the ring (because I enjoy the competition and competing, it's a great sport)....I actually hate getting into fights outside of it and I tried to avoid it, but the guy wouldn't stop and he kept coming at me so it is what it is.

Like Trace Adkins says.... :) you've got to whip a man's ass sometimes .

txwoodchuck
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM
CARR BOMBED, I with you 100%.. I'll be a fan "hope" for success, but never spend any more big $$ on them.. When you have a fan base that accepts being mediocre year after year,, that is all you will ever get.. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser... Wade may have had success as a DC, but I'm tired of the "buddy" system that that kubiac has in place. Look at what KC has done with an inexperienced HC,,,,, he got the best OC and DC he could and the results speak for themselves. Put a list of the BEST DC's in the last 20 years and WADE would NOT be on anyone's..... JMO

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
CARR BOMBED, I with you 100%.. I'll be a fan "hope" for success, but never spend any more big $$ on them.. When you have a fan base that accepts being mediocre year after year,, that is all you will ever get.. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser... Wade may have had success as a DC, but I'm tired of the "buddy" system that that kubiac has in place. Look at what KC has done with an inexperienced HC,,,,, he got the best OC and DC he could and the results speak for themselves. Put a list of the BEST DC's in the last 20 years and WADE would NOT be on anyone's..... JMO

Nah, Wade is a pretty good DC. HC? No. Also, Wade won't work with a Charmin extra soft HC like Kubiak. Wade needs a Cowher to control the team.

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Nah, Wade is a pretty good DC. HC? No. Also, Wade won't work with a Charmin extra soft HC like Kubiak. Wade needs a Cowher to control the team.

Yep, my problem isn't the Wade hire....I actually like that. My beef is with the decision to bring back Kubiak.

txwoodchuck
01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
You need a coach who will put a little fear in the players.. Of course the players support gary... Who doesn't like an soft boss. The Texans are a SOFT team, a sad Fact... They get their butts kicked by the tough teams,,, steelers, ravens, giants, titans, jets, patriots..... They all kick our butt,, almost EVERY time we play them.. We never beat up the bully..

houstonspartan
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Whoa...whoa....WHOA.

Must call bullshit on this. Not only do I not believe you found new PSL's, but I don't think that was the intent. As dozens of other people pointed out, if you wanted tickets, you would have posted this in the ticket forum.

Happy New Year, "fan for life."

lol.

Lauren
01-01-2011, 09:36 PM
116C - right behind Derek. If your offer is better than what has already been offered to us, they're yours.

JB
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
116C - right behind Derek. If your offer is better than what has already been offered to us, they're yours.

Are you really thinking of giving your's up Lauren?

Lauren
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Are you really thinking of giving your's up Lauren?
Yup.

JB
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Yup.

If you have not sold them by the time I get my tax return, would you keep me in mind?

Lauren
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
If you have not sold them by the time I get my tax return, would you keep me in mind?
Absolutely!

And, before I get any "you're not a good fan" BS - we are just so burnt out between D's work and family and every other obligation we have. I think we went to 1 game this season and either sold or gave away our tix to the rest. We realized how much we enjoy watching the games at home or out with friends. We've sorta become homebodies, so it's more personal than "I hate Kubiak and McNair and screw the team" and whatnot.

JB
01-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Absolutely!

And, before I get any "you're not a good fan" BS - we are just so burnt out between D's work and family and every other obligation we have. I think we went to 1 game this season and either sold or gave away our tix to the rest. We realized how much we enjoy watching the games at home or out with friends. We've sorta become homebodies, so it's more personal than "I hate Kubiak and McNair and screw the team" and whatnot.

I know! I have been to a few games, and have been wanting to meet ya'll, but you're never there.

I am hoping I can get tickets for next year, and yours is the best!

Mr. White
01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Absolutely!

You guys sound like sucky fans to me.

I'm a Texan for life!

Lauren
01-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I know! I have been to a few games, and have been wanting to meet ya'll, but you're never there.

I am hoping I can get tickets for next year, and yours is the best!
They are! We've also thought about keeping the PSL and just selling the season tix, so I'll let you know. We are leaning more towards just selling PSL though.

Lauren
01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
You guys sound like sucky fans to me.

I'm a Texan for life!
Hey now!

:)

JB
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
They are! We've also thought about keeping the PSL and just selling the season tix, so I'll let you know. We are leaning more towards just selling PSL though.

If you were just to sell the tickets, that would be wonderful for me. I would take good care of them! Promise!

FirstTexansFan
01-01-2011, 10:14 PM
If you were just to sell the tickets, that would be wonderful for me. I would take good care of them! Promise!

Yeah, then you could invite me every week, I'll buy the ice for the beer :)

DerekLee1
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM

Just sent you a PM.

JB
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, then you could invite me every week, I'll buy the ice for the beer :)

And I would do it too!

JB
01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
just sent you a pm.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!

Lauren
01-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Just sent you a PM.
Just hit you back.

imatexan
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I love how many of you make it sound like it is just the worst thing ever to be a Texans fan. I know it is not easy but I would not change it, so let me be.

I thought this whole message board was for Texans fans?

This is past the point of calling out who is a "real" fan or anything like that, I guess some of you are not fans anymore and like to stick around and tell others how dumb they are for being loyal.

Well I guess I am a dumb loyal fan, that does not mean I don't want changes made FAST and have expectations but I will always be a Texans fan.
Pretty much same things are being said over and over, I am most likely guilty of that as well :shades:

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I love how many of you make it sound like it is just the worst thing ever to be a Texans fan. I know it is not easy but I would not change it, so let me be.

I thought this whole message board was for Texans fans?

This is past the point of calling out who is a "real" fan or anything like that, I guess some of you are not fans anymore and like to stick around and tell others how dumb they are for being loyal.

Well I guess I am a dumb loyal fan, that does not mean I don't want changes made FAST and have expectations but I will always be a Texans fan.
Pretty much same things are being said over and over, I am most likely guilty of that as well :shades:

Who in this thread has called anyone out or called anyone dumb for being a Texans fan.......also who in this thread has said they aren't fans anymore?

You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan of the Houston Texans.

imatexan
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Who in this thread has called anyone out or called anyone dumb for being a Texans fan.......also who in this thread has said they aren't fans anymore?

You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan of the Houston Texans.

Please, you know very well that just because you did not straight up call someone "dumb" for still supporting the Texans you have said many things to support that.
The whole "fans for life" mocking and many other things that I do not have time to go back and look at right now.

When someone says they will not support the team, I consider that not being a Fanatic.

I agree that you do not have to own season tickets to be a fan of the Texans.

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Please, you know very well that just because you did not straight up call someone "dumb" for still supporting the Texans you have said many things to support that.
The whole "fans for life" mocking and many other things that I do not have time to go back and look at right now.

When someone says they will not support the team, I consider that not being a Fanatic.

I agree that you do not have to own season tickets to be a fan of the Texans.

Oh so I've said many things that support that......well list them.

You're doing nothing, but shoving words in people's mouths. Nobody said any of the stuff that you typed in your previous post.

imatexan
01-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh so I've said many things that support that......well list them.

You're doing nothing, but shoving words in people's mouths. Nobody said any of the stuff that you typed in your previous post.

Im on vacation, I am not going to take the time now but I will go back later.
Although I am sure there is enough information in this thread alone to support my statements.
Like I said, if you do not support the team then I do not consider you a fan...simple as that.

Carr Bombed
01-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Im on vacation, I am not going to take the time now but I will go back later.
Although I am sure there is enough information in this thread alone to support my statements.
Like I said, if you do not support the team then I do not consider you a fan...simple as that.

You can take as much time as you want........you won't find anything that supports your claim and there's more ways to support a team that doesn't involve me spending thousands of dollars. I don't have to justify or prove my fandom to you or anyone else on this board.

Enjoy your vacation.

Pantherstang84
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
You can take as much time as you want........you won't find anything that supports your claim and there's more ways to support a team that doesn't involve me spending thousands of dollars. I don't have to justify my fandom to you or anyone else on this board.

Enjoy your vacation.

The vitriol coming from the Kubiak brigade is getting pretty bad around here.

JB
01-01-2011, 11:06 PM
The vitriol coming from the Kubiak brigade is getting pretty bad around here.

Yeah, if it escalates another 400% it might approach that of the anti-Kubiak brigade.

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah, if it escalates another 400% it might approach that of the anti-Kubiak brigade.

You mean the pro-Texans brigade. We just want what's best for our team, which is a new head coach that doesn't take BS (Cowher, Gruden). We don't want our favorite team to be stuck in mediocrity with another lameduck year with Kubiak, who's team has regressed on him this year and frankly, quit on him, too.

thegr8fan
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
still waiting for your offer DerekLee1 via my PM box. Guess your just another 'all hat and no cattle' kinda Texan. :cowboy1:

JB
01-01-2011, 11:15 PM
You mean the pro-Texans brigade. We just want what's best for our team, which is a new head coach that doesn't take BS (Cowher, Gruden). We don't want our favorite team to be stuck in mediocrity with another lameduck year with Kubiak, who's team has regressed on him this year and frankly, quit on him, too.

opiniated semantics

steelbtexan
01-02-2011, 12:11 AM
opiniated semantics

So the Texans dont need another HC?

The team hasn't regressed?

They haven't quit on Kubes?

midway
01-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Friendship is what really matters.:koolaid:

SheTexan
01-02-2011, 12:25 AM

How do YOU know the team is not in full support of Kubiak? I've heard RUMORS that they are, but, I have nothing to back that up. Yes, the team regressed, INJURIES killed us, key players not playing at 100% due to injuries, BUT, hanging in there for their team none the less!! I believe this team played with more heart and passion than I have ever seen. Newbies playing their asses off, taking horrendous flack from fans and the media, but, never giving up. SOMEONE instilled that in them, and I don't think it was anyone other than Kubiak.

NOW! Don't think I'm on Kubiaks bandwagon, cause I'm not. I'm just commenting on your post. Kubes made some of the most boneheaded calls in the NFL, and it's hard to forgive him for some of the dumb crap he did. BUT, MAYBe with a few adjustments, another failed year to learn from, he will improve. I KNOW, DREAM on!! I'm an optimist, and I choose to think positive and have hope than think negative and be miserable. Just pays to take one day at a time.

Dutchrudder
01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
You can take as much time as you want........you won't find anything that supports your claim and there's more ways to support a team that doesn't involve me spending thousands of dollars. I don't have to justify or prove my fandom to you or anyone else on this board.

Enjoy your vacation.

Yes you do. In order to be initiated into the Texans Super-Mega-Ultrafan Group (SMUG for short), you must prove your loyalty to the team in several ways.

First, you must agree to NEVER question the decisions of Bob McNair, the Front Office or the head coach. You must accept their choices and claim that they are always doing the right thing. Any form of dissension will be met with a hearty punishment and derision, repeated offenses will result in you being removed from the group. Remember to always put down anyone who suggests McNair is interested in making money, as it can lead to undermining the respect for the team and make people think this organization is not focused on winning Super Bowls.

Second, you must read John McClain's articles and enjoy their content. John is your lifeline to Texan's activities, and supporting him is supporting the team.

Third, you must purchase a PSL and attend all games. PSLs are like a way of buying stock in the company (but don't think of it like a business), and in order to be a part of it, you must own tickets. Real fans don't sit on their comfy couches drinking reasonably priced beer. Real fans would never be dissuaded by excessive prices, as nothing could possibly keep them from seeing their team compete for 3rd place in the division.

Fourth, you must buy a good amount of Texans gear. Just like the team wears uniforms for the games, you must dress like them to show that you are a true fan of the team. The standard set of Texans items necessary include three jersey's (one of each color), shorts, flip flops a hat and 15 pieces of flair. More swag is encouraged, but not necessary.

Follow these simple guidelines and you'll be on the path to joining the Super-Mega-Ultrafan Group. Cause remember, if you ain't SMUG, you ain't a fan!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Carr Bombed
01-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Yes you do. In order to be initiated into the Texans Super-Mega-Ultrafan Group (SMUG for short), you must prove your loyalty to the team in several ways.

First, you must agree to NEVER question the decisions of Bob McNair, the Front Office or the head coach. You must accept their choices and claim that they are always doing the right thing. Any form of dissension will be met with a hearty punishment and derision, repeated offenses will result in you being removed from the group. Remember to always put down anyone who suggests McNair is interested in making money, as it can lead to undermining the respect for the team and make people think this organization is not focused on winning Super Bowls.

Second, you must read John McClain's articles and enjoy their content. John is your lifeline to Texan's activities, and supporting him is supporting the team.

Third, you must purchase a PSL and attend all games. PSLs are like a way of buying stock in the company (but don't think of it like a business), and in order to be a part of it, you must own tickets. Real fans don't sit on their comfy couches drinking reasonably priced beer. Real fans would never be dissuaded by excessive prices, as nothing could possibly keep them from seeing their team compete for 3rd place in the division.

Fourth, you must buy a good amount of Texans gear. Just like the team wears uniforms for the games, you must dress like them to show that you are a true fan of the team. The standard set of Texans items necessary include three jersey's (one of each color), shorts, flip flops a hat and 15 pieces of flair. More swag is encouraged, but not necessary.

Follow these simple guidelines and you'll be on the path to joining the Super-Mega-Ultrafan Group. Cause remember, if you ain't SMUG, you ain't a fan!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

LMAO, rep

http://www.happyscrappy.com/blog/archives/images/pieces_of_flair.jpg

I guess I need more flair. :)

Dutchrudder
01-02-2011, 01:15 AM
LMAO, rep

http://www.happyscrappy.com/blog/archives/images/pieces_of_flair.jpg

I guess I need more flair. :)

Now, it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like DerekLee, for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a terrific smile. People can get on a forum anywhere, ok? They come to Texanstalk for the atmosphere and the attitude. That's what the flair's about. It's about fun.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
still waiting for your offer DerekLee1 via my PM box. Guess your just another 'all hat and no cattle' kinda Texan. :cowboy1:

Where are your seats again?

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 11:56 AM

That is all.

First off anyone that even bought into this thread as being legit is kidding themselves and anyone that's read any of Derek Lee's posts in here over the years wouldn't be surprised by this. He's been one of the biggest pro Kubiak supporters that's been dead wrong for years on his coaching and on this team. Nothing I've ever read from his posts have been substantial, accurate, or valid in any way.

This is a thread to pump his chest out as a fan and it has nothing to do with buying tickets from anyone. This thread is a joke as is the current state of this franchise and that's just a hard cold fact that can't be disputed unfortunately.

DX-TEX
01-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Any news on the protest today?

DerekLee1
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM

I have offers in for 2 other sets of tix. We'll see how those go first, but thanks for playing.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Any news on the protest today?

Most of the people that planned on doing it, probably stopped on it, since it was already announced that the dumbass was coming back. It will be a waste of time really.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 01:39 PM
First off anyone that even bought into this thread as being legit is kidding themselves and anyone that's read any of Derek Lee's posts in here over the years wouldn't be surprised by this. He's been one of the biggest pro Kubiak supporters that's been dead wrong for years on his coaching and on this team. Nothing I've ever read from his posts have been substantial, accurate, or valid in any way.

This is a thread to pump his chest out as a fan and it has nothing to do with buying tickets from anyone. This thread is a joke as is the current state of this franchise and that's just a hard cold fact that can't be disputed unfortunately.

Spot on. :bravo:

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM

Jesus Christ. Scathing bash, bash bash bash. You bash him here, and TK in another thread basically the same way.

What the hell kind of belittling shit is this?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Jesus Christ. Scathing bash, bash bash bash. You bash him here, and TK in another thread basically the same way.

Calling a spade a spade isn't bashing. He was right about TK too.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Calling a spade a spade isn't bashing. He was right about TK too.

Nothing I've ever read from his posts have been substantial, accurate, or valid in any way.

No, that's bashing. The man is allowed to have an opinion that is contrary to the majority line of thinking around here. TK did what he said he would do---wait and see what'll happen by the end of the year. Just because they tried to be a bit more rational and fair about things doesn't mean they should be subject to that type of condescending, exclusionary bullshit.

Whatever, not my fight.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-02-2011, 02:58 PM
No, that's bashing. The man is allowed to have an opinion that is contrary to the majority line of thinking around here. TK did what he said he would do---wait and see what'll happen by the end of the year. Just because they tried to be a bit more rational and fair about things doesn't mean they should be subject to that type of condescending, exclusionary bullshit.

Whatever, not my fight.

Nowhere in this thread did the OP form any type of opinion. The initial post reeks of arrogance and his intent was to stir the pot. Not my problem if you can't see that. He made his bed, now he's gotta lay it.

TK can't have his cake and eat it too. Hard to be taken seriously when you say you are off the Kubiak bandwagon but continue to make excuses for his subpar performace as a head coach. All Tex did was call him out for it.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Some may see that as "continuing to make excuses", and others will see that as being a bit more rational and fair, trying not to blame everything under the sun on him.

Of course, when people are on edge, I would expect more people to view it as the former. Not surprising. It's tough to be fair sometimes when emotions run high.

thunderkyss
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
TK can't have his cake and eat it too. Hard to be taken seriously when you say you are off the Kubiak bandwagon but continue to make excuses for his subpar performace as a head coach. All Tex did was call him out for it.

Continue to make excuses for his subpar performance??

See, when you said TK, I thought you were talking about me. But since I've yet to make an excuse for Kubiak, you must be talking about TimeKiller or something.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Continue to make excuses for his subpar performance??

See, when you said TK, I thought you were talking about me. But since I've yet to make an excuse for Kubiak, you must be talking about TimeKiller or something.

They think you're making excuses just because you refuse to beat dead horses in every single ****ing post.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM

This thread was a bash from the start at Texans fans. It got the proper response it deserved from a ton of posters way before I even entered it. What I said was the truth and there was nothing incorrect or inaccurate about what I said. And as far as Thunderkyss goes, the man flat out lied and was called out on it. Nothing more than that. And as far as you go yourself, I'm surprised that you're still posting on this site when it was just a few weeks ago that you were bashing people left and right for criticizing Stupiak and the way that this team was playing and yet they've lost like their last 8 out of 9 games. Yeah, you're someone that someone should listen to. Lol! Any validity that you might have had was gone a long time ago as far as I'm concerned with all the bashing you've thrown around here with the Kool Aid posts that are pretty much embarrassing at this point.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Sir yes sir. Whatever you say, sir.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Sir yes sir. Whatever you say, sir.

The next time you want to call me out on posting accurate facts and call it bashing make sure you put your Pot and Kettle suit on, because no one has forgotten about your tantrums and spewage in here at other posters who were dead on about this regime. Your history speaks for itself.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
The next time you want to call me out on posting accurate facts and call it bashing make sure you put your Pot and Kettle suit on, because no one has forgotten about your tantrums and spewage in here at other posters who were dead on about this regime. Your history speaks for itself.

Sure thing boss.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Sure thing boss.

And since you want to keep poking the bear when you're no position to be doing that and I'll go right on ahead and recap some of your recent history here. If you look below, you're bashing all kinds of fans who weren't happy with how the Texans were playing and all saw this team in decline and yet you were comparing Kubiak to Bobby freaking Cox of all people and handing out negative reps like it was going out of style to anyone that would even dare to question this HC.

And if the Colts lose today, we're still "only" one game out of first.

The division is tight. The conference is tight. Let's not be stupid. Anything can happen.

Yeah, maybe.

Then if another coach comes in and does the same shit, what will we blame it on?

This reminds me so much of the Braves board. Everyone busted Bobby Cox's balls, even for games that werent his fault.

I'm not so quick to blame Kubiak for this one.

No. Can you read? I said this board reminds me of the FANS on the Braves board I'm on, blaming the coach for EVERYTHING, even when its not his fault.

Beating a dead horse. Taking EVERYTHING the team does and then laying the blame at his feet. Today was NOT Kubiak's fault. LAST WEEK WAS his fault. The blowout against the Giants WAS his fault. The Cowboys game WAS his fault.

You can't just take EVERYTHING the team does and somehow twist it into some sordid criticism of Kubiak, or like the Braves fans do, of Cox.

Just like you say it's the same thing every week with the team, it's the same thing every week with the fans.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I stand by my statements. I'm going to bash players when the players need to be bashed, and bash coaches when the coaches need to be bashed. Those posts are indicative of my attempt to be fair and rational when assessing blame for a specific game's end result.

It's pretty clear what I was saying with the Cox comparison. If anything, I'm bashing the Braves' board I visit more, because Cox has actually DONE something as manager and Kubiak hasn't done anything as coach.

Why don't you also pull up the many, many posts I've made about Kubiak NOT being the guy, and me NOT wanting him around since last year, and pointing out what I see as his deficiencies? Huh? I've been very clear and consistent about that.

Texecutioner
01-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I stand by my statements. I'm going to bash players when the players need to be bashed, and bash coaches when the coaches need to be bashed. Those posts are indicative of my attempt to be fair and rational when assessing blame for a specific game's end result.

It's pretty clear what I was saying with the Cox comparison. If anything, I'm bashing the Braves' board I visit more, because Cox has actually DONE something as manager and Kubiak hasn't done anything as coach.

You were comparing this board and the fans on this board to that board and acting like they didn't know jack for criticizing the HC. It was still a comparison to Cox who is a HOF coach to Gary Kubiak who has been an under achieving loser here. You were bashing on the fans here which is hypocritical to what you tried to accuse others of.

Why don't you also pull up the many, many posts I've made about Kubiak NOT being the guy, and me NOT wanting him around since last year, and pointing out what I see as his deficiencies? Huh? I've been very clear and consistent about that.

I'm pulling up a few of the posts that you spewed out here at a time where you thought it was unthinkable to criticize this regime and handed out a ton of neg rep while doing it. You like to talk about how certain fans disgust you and all with some high and mighty attitude, but yet you don't hardly seem to have that much football knowledge from what I've observed. Mainly just Kool Aid drinking "Texans are my team" rhetoric where you're demanding fans either be on or off the boat all the way or not. It's the exact attitude of the OP that started this thread to puff his chest out, so before you start waving your hand in the air just remember how inaccurate you've been in the past before calling out other fans who don't homerishly support this regime and owner.

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 06:20 PM
You were comparing this board and the fans on this board to that board and acting like they didn't know jack for criticizing the HC. It was still a comparison to Cox who is a HOF coach to Gary Kubiak who has been an under achieving loser here. You were bashing on the fans here which is hypocritical to what you tried to accuse others of.

I'm pulling up a few of the posts that you spewed out here at a time where you thought it was unthinkable to criticize this regime and handed out a ton of neg rep while doing it. You like to talk about how certain fans disgust you and all with some high and mighty attitude, but yet you don't hardly seem to have that much football knowledge from what I've observed. Mainly just Kool Aid drinking "Texans are my team" rhetoric where you're demanding fans either be on or off the boat all the way or not. It's the exact attitude of the OP that started this thread to puff his chest out, so before you start waving your hand in the air just remember how inaccurate you've been in the past before calling out other fans who don't homerishly support this regime and owner.

For the last ****in' time, the comparison was of the boards, not of the coaches necessarily. And like I said in my LAST POST BEFORE THIS ONE IN THIS THREAD, if you think it was an indictment involving the merits of Cox and Kubiak, then it'd be a much bigger insult towards the Braves board because Cox has actually done something. I REALLY don't understand what's so ****ing hard about understanding it. I'd drop it but it's so frustrating to me.

Sorry I don't have the INFINITE WISDOM that you do, if you think my football knowledge is subpar. What have I been inaccurate about regarding on-the-field stuff? The fact that I said the division is tight and anything can happen? Really bro? The fact that if the Colts lost that day, we'd "only" be one game out of the division? Nevermind that putting "only" in quotes indicates that it's a longshot and highly unlikely to happen because "only" one game would seem like climbing Mount Everest considering how the team was playing?

What about the posts regarding my stance on Kubiak, the management? What about those? Haven't I been consistent in those, too? What do I have to do or say?

It's inflammatory posts like this and either inability to understand or intentionally twisting my words to get me fired up that gets me to "hand out neg rep as if its going out of style". ****ing sorry if it's not acceptable to hit the "negative rep" once in a while. It seems like its your goal to drive people off the board. I really hope Texans arent like this in real life with non-football related issues, because when I move down there, I'm going to have a hard ****ing time.

NitroGSXR
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Tex... What's with the douche act? I don't get it. You have gotten most to own up to it A LONG TIME AGO so how about laying off, brah. It's all good. Season's over and we all hurt the same.

charterTexanfan
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
3 months and we'll have the Astros to be pissed off about. :pissed:

TheMatrix31
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Tex... What's with the douche act? I don't get it. You have gotten most to own up to it A LONG TIME AGO so how about laying off, brah. It's all good. Season's over and we all hurt the same.

It's an act?

Kimmy
01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
We are looking to trade our four PSL's for two.

We have four in section 321 ... Two on row J (seats 1 & 2 on aisle) and two in row K seats 3 & 4 (these are right behind and the rows never mind swapping).

We are looking for two PSLs together in sections 105, 106, 107 or 108, higher rows.

If you are interested, please send me a PM

And I can't burn my gear, unless I burn my house and car along with them ...

Texans Room (http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazykimmy/sets/72157622864838153/)

Texan Mobile (http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazykimmy/sets/72157622688266451/) (My Christmas gift was personalized pink plates)

DerekLee1
01-02-2011, 09:27 PM

I'm sorry, who did I bash again? You and SBT sure like to dish it out, especially to people you don't personally know. I see now why most of my buddies have jumped off of this board. It's been taken over by people who just want to demean others that disagree with them.

If you think it's an attention grab, you're just fanning the flames. I may not be happy with the direction of the team, but it's not my decision to make and I'm not gonna come in here and tell anyone who thinks differently than I do that they're idiots and that their posts aren't "substantial, accurate or valid". I could easily say the same about you or anyone else posting on an internet message board. It's a bleeping opinion. And yours are just as shitty as the next person's.