PDA

View Full Version : Sunday: Win or Lose?

DonnyMost
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Curious about what the fanbase would rather do in this situation.

Do you want to win or lose, and why?

Norg
12-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I wanna win TBO im sick of losing

Playoffs
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Doesn't matter what I want ..... I think they win.

steelbtexan
12-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Win

Ole Miss Texan
12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I always want the Texans to win and will be wanting them to win on Sunday. However, deep down in the back of my head, there is a little devil saying "better draft pick! better draft pick!" LOL

houstonhurricane
12-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Win. Kubiak and Co. are staying put and I don't have confidence in their first round value anyway. And just think, if the Jags lose maybe they will be the ones to make the coaching move. Awesome.

gary
12-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Win. Kubiak and Co. are staying put and I don't have confidence in their first round value anyway. And just think, if the Jags lose maybe they will be the ones to make the coaching move. Awesome.Why do people just assume the bolded? Nothing is in stone yet. I am in wait and see mode.

houstonhurricane
12-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Why do people just assume the boded? Nothing is in stone yet. I am in wait and see mode.

It is my opinion that he is staying and I am not happy about it. But that is my gut...

Grams
12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
My team is the Texans and I always want to see them win.

:fans:

Ranger Tom
12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
My team is the Texans and I always want to see them win.

:fans:

This. Always.

Battle Red Flash
12-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Curious about what the fanbase would rather do in this situation.

Do you want to win or lose, and why?

I'd rather them lose. Better draft pick, but if they keep Rick Smith, we may not get the right player anyway. I'm losing faith fast in what Smith does.

Cjeremy635
12-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I've never rooted for them to lose, but I am actually leaning in that direction this time. It doesn't benefit them at all to win this game. I heard on sports radio yesterday that if we lose, we draft somewhere around the # 4 spot. If we win, we draft around the # 12-14 spot. There could be a lot better player available at # 4 and we would give that up to win a game that still doesn't allow us to get to the playoffs or have a winning season? It's a no brainer to me. Bite the bullet, play your backups for evaluation, and go into the offseason with a clear cut idea of what you want this team to be and who you plan on drafting to get it there.

:cutthroat:

Yankee_In_TX
12-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I always want the Texans to win and will be wanting them to win on Sunday. However, deep down in the back of my head, there is a little devil saying "better draft pick! better draft pick!" LOL

In the back of my head, I am thinking, by trying to win/winning:

-you risk injury to AJ, Schaub, others
-worse draft pick
-congrats - you beat Jax minus Garrard and MJD

By playing reserves and, say, losing:

-no risk or injury to our stars
-check out the younger talent/back up QB's
-better draft pick

I'll be there cheering on Sunday - but I am not sure winning nets us ANYTHING.

Hervoyel
12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't really care but I can't actively root for a loss. I just don't have it in me to be happy about the Texans losing even when I know it may actually be to their benefit in the long run.

Seņor Stan
12-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Really interesting couple of polls to me...

The the other one (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1154) has board members wanting the Texans to lose at about 67%
This one has the board members wanting the Texans to lose at 46%

Is the only difference the "public" the poll vs. the anonymous one?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Hopefully a loss to the Garrard-and-MJD-less Jags will knock some sense into Uncle Bob.

97roc
12-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Win... but that devil keeps poking...

Beer and Metal
12-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I want them to play to win. However, I'd like to see most of the starters rest. I'd like to see the backups/depth play their hearts out.

It seems to me that if they go out there and play to lose for a better draft spot, it just reinforces the loser mentality that everyone bitches about.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
It seems to me that if they go out there and play to lose for a better draft spot, it just reinforces the loser mentality that everyone bitches about.

The players are always going to play to win. What we want to happen has no effect on the outcome of the game.

MFG16
12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Ive only rooted for the Texans to lose one other time and that was the SF game to get the 1st overall pick. If someone would have told me the Texans were going to be bad before the season (with a strong argument) I might have believed them. But if someone would have told me we'd be top 5 in the draft bad, potentially 2nd overall, I would have laughed and dissmissed it. Go for the draft pick. We need help whether Kubiak stays or gets fired, and high draft picks (in each round) are a big plus.

Ole Miss Texan
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
In the back of my head, I am thinking, by trying to win/winning:

-you risk injury to AJ, Schaub, others
-worse draft pick
-congrats - you beat Jax minus Garrard and MJD

By playing reserves and, say, losing:

-no risk or injury to our stars
-check out the younger talent/back up QB's
-better draft pick

I'll be there cheering on Sunday - but I am not sure winning nets us ANYTHING.
I totally hear you. I would NOT play AJ at all this game though. Sounds like his ankle is worse although he's getting some help to it. Sit him Sit him sit him. I might treat this like a preseason game. Start our starters (save AJ) but only have Schaub/Foster in there for a quarter or so. We should... SHOULD, jump out to an early lead on them since Garrad/MJD aren't playing. SHOULD! lol. I really really really want to see Leinart get some snaps as well as Dan-O. I think Kubiak needs to play them to evaluate whether what we do with them. Although if he really wants to re-sign Leinart, he may not play him at all so other teams don't have any film on him since last year.
Don't really care but I can't actively root for a loss. I just don't have it in me to be happy about the Texans losing even when I know it may actually be to their benefit in the long run.

Win... but that devil keeps poking...
I personally can't actively root for the Texans to lose. I understand if people do because they want an earlier draft pick. Personally, I just can't... but like roc said, that devil keeps poking. ;)

Seņor Stan
12-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Tie.

That way we have the same slot in each round. None of that rotating with other teams with the same record nonsense.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Tie.

That way we have the same slot in each round. None of that rotating with other teams with the same record nonsense.

Bob McNair might view a tie as progress and reward Kubes with a 6 year contract extension.

Ole Miss Texan
12-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd also like to add: In addition to resting AJ the entire game and limiting Schaub/Foster... this could be a very very important game for the other players we have, particularly backups. I agree 100%.

These players know that if a new coaching change occurs, the new guy will clean out a lot of people he doesn't want. They will (should) play their hearts out for fear of losing their job. Even if Kubiak stays and say, Phillips comes in at DC, he's going to be adding key personnel to what he wants and these players need to have some stuff to show him why they need to stay.

And I'd like to repost that I've really wanted to see what Leinart has in him. If he can actually be a viable backup QB for us, that would be awesome.

scourge
12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I want to see them try to win, but I don't care if they do win or not. Feels weird saying it, as I've never felt that way previously but it's now true. If they win, yay I saw victory to finish the season. If they lose, yay we have a better draft position.

Want to see Foster lock up that rushing title. I think Kubiak wanting AJ to play knowing his ankle is worse than it's ever been is stupid.

If rumors about Gary and Wade being here are even remotely true then it really doesn't matter either way as far as the firing of Kubiak.

I'm not hoping for a loss, but won't feel happy/angry if they do.

Double Barrel
12-30-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm rooting for them to win as I always do, but if they should lose, I hope the Jags hand them their asses.

97roc
12-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd also like to add: In addition to resting AJ the entire game and limiting Schaub/Foster... this could be a very very important game for the other players we have, particularly backups. I agree 100%.

These players know that if a new coaching change occurs, the new guy will clean out a lot of people he doesn't want. They will (should) play their hearts out for fear of losing their job. Even if Kubiak stays and say, Phillips comes in at DC, he's going to be adding key personnel to what he wants and these players need to have some stuff to show him why they need to stay.

And I'd like to repost that I've really wanted to see what Leinart has in him. If he can actually be a viable backup QB for us, that would be awesome.

Agree on resting AJ and letting some other players play. Whats up with Dickerson? Hasn't he been active the last two games? Maybe some special teams but didn't seem him in the offense. I like the 2 TE sets, but you got to see what this kid has to offer, IMO.