PDA

View Full Version : Newest rumor: Coaches go, Rick Smith stays

Pages : 1 [2]

ThaShark316
12-29-2010, 07:54 PM
And that was the moment that Stupiak jumped the shark with me. I was done with him after he celebrated mediocrity and was ashamed at our owner for lapping it up. It was flat out embarrassing.

Someone say shark? :jogger:

thunderkyss
12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I agree, which is why I find any comparison between Kubiak and Belichick to be silly at best, spurious and reaching at worst.

There are so many other factors involved that comparisons must ignore some of the fundamental aspects of each coach's tenure.

Belichick did not get to pick his GM. He also posted an 11-5 record and went to the playoffs (winning one playoff game). Both of these key facts seem to be omitted by folks trying to make the comparison.

I do find it funny that Belichick's record was 36-44 in Cleveland and his last year was 5-11. Almost identical to Kubiak (if we lose to the Jags, that will be his record on both accounts). Yet folks want to use him in support of keeping Kubiak?

As far as "failed coach", again he took them to the playoffs with an 11-5 record. We could only wish Kubiak had that kind of "failure" on his resume.

Our front office would have to magically transform to that of NE if we were to keep Kubiak and hope/expect the same emergence of football genius. I'm afraid that our FO is just as big a part of the problem as our coaching staff has been in this debacle.

Forget that Belichick is a HOF coach. The comparison is to the failure that left Cleveland, then turned success after learning a lesson he obviously didn't get until he was fired.

6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-9........ That doesn't spell HOF..... better than Kubiak maybe, but by only a matter of degrees...

I believe if Kubaik is going to be successful in the future, he's going to have to be fired first.... to complete the comparison.

So I find it curious that you're so "against" this comparison. It sounds like the perfect argument to fire Kubiak (or Rick Smith, or somebody). Think Belichick would be Belichick if he stayed with Cleveland/Baltimore?? I don't think so. I don't think he would be Belichick if Bledsoe was able to continue to do just enough to get the Patriots close...... so I don't see Belicheck going far with Trent Dilfer or Kyle Bollar, or whoever they had in Baltimore.

Either Kubiak has to go somewhere else to be successful, or the Texans are going to have to change dramatically. This environment is not conducive to his success. I think he needs a real GM, not a puppet, not a buddy or friend.

thunderkyss
12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Consequently, he may have requested Smith to have a shadow HC search in order to deduce his network outside of the circle he shares with Kubiak, who was a major advocate in hiring him with the Texans.

That's quality right there...... I'm serious. That makes sense, & really needed to happen.

thunderkyss
12-29-2010, 08:42 PM
we had scored on 5 consecutive drives & forced the ravens D into submission by the end if regulation through the pass game and the only turnover had come off a tipped ball which shouldve been caught (but nobody was doing much of that early on).

im ok with continuing to do what had caused that to happen until they stop it..which unfortunately they did because of one bad block that forced matt to throw a bad ball

im totally fine with kubiak staying aggressive in that situation.

The Ravens are 15 against the pass. 4th against the run. If we'd have done 3 yards & a cloud of dust a couple of times.....

Kubiak couldn't win...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-29-2010, 08:48 PM
The Ravens are 15 against the pass. 4th against the run. If we'd have done 3 yards & a cloud of dust a couple of times.....

Kubiak couldn't win...

Apparently he can't lose either in your eyes.

thunderkyss
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Apparently he can't lose either in your eyes.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

Just because I don't bash Kubiak with stupid shit doesn't mean I'm in his corner.

Double Barrel
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Forget that Belichick is a HOF coach. The comparison is to the failure that left Cleveland, then turned success after learning a lesson he obviously didn't get until he was fired.

6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-9........ That doesn't spell HOF..... better than Kubiak maybe, but by only a matter of degrees...

I believe if Kubaik is going to be successful in the future, he's going to have to be fired first.... to complete the comparison.

So I find it curious that you're so "against" this comparison. It sounds like the perfect argument to fire Kubiak (or Rick Smith, or somebody). Think Belichick would be Belichick if he stayed with Cleveland/Baltimore?? I don't think so. I don't think he would be Belichick if Bledsoe was able to continue to do just enough to get the Patriots close...... so I don't see Belicheck going far with Trent Dilfer or Kyle Bollar, or whoever they had in Baltimore.

Either Kubiak has to go somewhere else to be successful, or the Texans are going to have to change dramatically. This environment is not conducive to his success. I think he needs a real GM, not a puppet, not a buddy or friend.

I'm against using the comparison in support of keeping Kubiak as Texans head coach.

I agree with you that it works in support of firing him so he can go elsewhere to become the football genius and champion.

And like I said, Kubiak is a true failure in Houston. At least Belichick had some success in Cleveland by winning 11 games and winning a playoff game. I think if Kubiak had that on his resume, he'd have a lot more supporters (along with a 10 year contract from McNair to complete the Landry comparison).