PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak has mailed it in

RagingBull
12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I was at todays game and sat right behind the Texans bench. Kubiak seems to have completely mailed it in. He barely spoke to anyone. He stayed on the opposite end of the field from the play. People would come try to talk to him and he would walk away. E.g. the Texans would be on the Broncos twenty and Kubiak would be standing on the Texans 35-40. My wife was joking that he had a copy of the Denver Post in his Denny's menu and was looking for houses.

In short, I have never seen a coach so disinterested in a game. He acted exactly the way he sounded on the last press conference: like a beaten dog.

It kind of makes me sad as I had high hopes for him, but clearly this experiment has run its course and failed miserably. 1-10 after the 4-1 start.

As bad as the Broncos are, they played with some fire today under Tebows leadership.

After moving from Houston to Colorado and giving up my Texans tickets that I have had since opening day, we decided to support the Broncos. That was in Shanahan's last season. They have sucked progressively worse since then. In my heart though, I still supported the Texans > Broncos and watched every Texans game on Sunday Ticket. When it was a Broncos away game and they played at the same time, I would always choose the Texans over the Broncos even though I spent $$$ on Broncos tickets.

Anyway, if the Texans keep Kubiak after this season, I am going to stop following the team. It is just not worth the effort...

Yankee_In_TX
12-27-2010, 12:22 AM
We were behind the bench too, and noticed he was off by himself most of the time.

Is he that ready to cash his Denver paycheck?

Brisco_County
12-27-2010, 12:45 AM
I think this has less to do with his job security than it does missing the playoffs. Winning is actually detrimental to us now, considering the draft.

Lucky
12-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I was at todays game and sat right behind the Texans bench. Kubiak seems to have completely mailed it in. He barely spoke to anyone. He stayed on the opposite end of the field from the play. People would come try to talk to him and he would walk away. E.g. the Texans would be on the Broncos twenty and Kubiak would be standing on the Texans 35-40. My wife was joking that he had a copy of the Denver Post in his Denny's menu and was looking for houses.
That's SOP for Kubiak. Rarely does he speak to any player other than Schaub. One notable exception was the Ravens MNF game, where Kubiak called the offense together on the sideline after another 3&out. The players looked at him like "WTF are you doing this for, now?". It looked awkward and contrived. The real Kubiak keeps a good distance from his players and stares blankly at his menu, hoping it reveals an answer.

In 5 years, the menu has yet to provide a clue.

Norg
12-27-2010, 02:22 AM
THat fool needs a new menu THEN !!!!!!!!!

Mr. White
12-27-2010, 10:24 AM
That's SOP for Kubiak. Rarely does he speak to any player other than Schaub. One notable exception was the Ravens MNF game, where Kubiak called the offense together on the sideline after another 3&out. The players looked at him like "WTF are you doing this for, now?". It looked awkward and contrived. The real Kubiak keeps a good distance from his players and stares blankly at his menu, hoping it reveals an answer.

I remember you mentioning this a few years ago and it made total sense. It even made more sense watching the games since then.

The team takes on the personality of the guy at the top. In this case, the guy at the top has his head buried in the offensive gameplan. And then we wonder why he has problems running the clock, problems with the red flags, and why we keep giving up these huge leads.

RagingBull
12-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Even on the big plays, he doesn't even watch them. He looks at the menu or turns his back. Weird.

Mr. White
12-27-2010, 10:34 AM
From what I always heard, Capers (the defensive mastermind) was too worried about the "big picture" and the defense suffered because of it. The defenses never looked like Capers defenses.

Now we have an offensive guru that focuses too much on the offense and now that's the only phase of the game that works.

Pollardized
12-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I think he is already on Denver's payroll, and was calling plays for both teams yesterday. The Broncos looked like the normal Texans in the first half, then mounted the normal Texan second half rally after being down by 3 scores. Because he is already on the Bronco payroll, Kubiak decided to call his normal 1st half plays in the second half for the Texans, thereby giving the Broncos the victory and a successful start to Gary Kubiak's Denver head coaching tenure...

RagingBull
12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I think he is already on Denver's payroll, and was calling plays for both teams yesterday. The Broncos looked like the normal Texans in the first half, then mounted the normal Texan second half rally after being down by 3 scores. Because he is already on the Bronco payroll, Kubiak decided to call his normal 1st half plays in the second half for the Texans, thereby giving the Broncos the victory and a successful start to Gary Kubiak's Denver head coaching tenure...

We were joking that they were going to announce at halftime that he had been signed as the new Broncos coach and go to the other sideline.

Hervoyel
12-27-2010, 10:43 AM

If he is retained by the team following this season I think we should all go out and "borrow" menus from a variety of resturants and send them to Kubiak with notes attached saying "Perhaps what you're looking for is in this one?"