PDA

View Full Version : Broncos-Texans Post Game quotes

Wolf
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM
“It’s tough to find the words right now to kind of describe how I’m feeling, how we’re feeling,” quarterback Matt Schaub said.

“It’s inexcusable as a team to let go of a 17-0 lead on the road,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. “Everybody has their part in it, but the fact that we could not stop them the whole second half after we played pretty good defense in the first half was just, to me, inexcusable.”

We had a good call for the coverage and the blitz that they were bringing,” Schaub said. “If I can get that one into OD’s hands, then he might score on that. The guy went in and got his hand on it and tipped the ball in the air.”

well that is it on that article, but I am still looking for mere (really don't know why)

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Texans-squander-17-0-lead-in-last-minute-loss-at-Denver/b58447ab-577a-48bd-8ee1-208725cce694

eriadoc
12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Doesn't he use the word inexcusable every week?

Hervoyel
12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
How tall is Schaub? I ask not because I think he's too short (obviously he's not) but because I can't help but notice how often he has balls batted at the line of scrimmage. Defenders seem to get a hand on a lot of passes he throws and it makes me wonder if there's something we could do to try and get some of these passing lanes opened up. Is it a case of Schaub's delivery taking too long? Are our linemen not giving him lanes to throw through? Is this just my imagination? He just seems to have a lot of passes tipped/batted at the line of scrimmage to me.

eriadoc
12-26-2010, 08:05 PM
He's 6'5".

JB
12-26-2010, 08:06 PM
How tall is Schaub? I ask not because I think he's too short (obviously he's not) but because I can't help but notice how often he has balls batted at the line of scrimmage. Defenders seem to get a hand on a lot of passes he throws and it makes me wonder if there's something we could do to try and get some of these passing lanes opened up. Is it a case of Schaub's delivery taking too long? Are our linemen not giving him lanes to throw through? Is this just my imagination? He just seems to have a lot of passes tipped/batted at the line of scrimmage to me.

I think he has a pretty slow release.

Wolf
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
"He's impressive. He's a winner."
—Texans coach Gary Kubiak on Tim Tebow.

We found another way to get beat today. We were pretty darn good in the first half. But if you go back and look, I don't know if we stopped (the Broncos) one time in the second half. We had a chance to win the game at the end, but that's the way it's been (going)."
—Kubiak, after his team lost for the fifth time this season when blowing a fourth-quarter lead.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16947462

nut
12-26-2010, 08:12 PM
The announcers said the ball was not tipped by the guy's hand but hit the defender in the helmet. I did not tape the game and could not check that, anybody know if that was the case?

mussop
12-26-2010, 08:15 PM
"He's impressive. He's a winner."
—Texans coach Gary Kubiak on Tim Tebow.

Good I hope you enjoy coaching him in Denver next year!

mussop
12-26-2010, 08:16 PM
The announcers said the ball was not tipped by the guy's hand but hit the defender in the helmet. I did not tape the game and could not check that, anybody know if that was the case?

yes thats what happened

nut
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM
If that is the case, the pass was thrown too low. That has happened before at the end of games.

bigfan77801
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Yep, the commentators even made a joke about the defender using his head on that play.

hot pickle
12-26-2010, 08:24 PM
so glad i watch the team canada game today and not this garbage lol i jsut laughed when i saw the score lol

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Schaub (6'5") took about 7 seconds to release the ball. Brian Dawkings with a feeble jump deflected the ball..........not with his hands (although he had his hands up)..........with his helmet. Dawkins is their safety.........He's only 6' tall. The closer a defender gets, the higher the trajectory the ball needs to be thrown.........or there better be an open lane. Neither option was taken or open. That's the recurrent theme you have witnessed on these Schaub passes. If you replay that play, you will notice that the ball was released at a short arm straight trajectory off the shoulder level, not too much different than a high side arm trajectory.

Wolf
12-27-2010, 05:35 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Postgame-quotes-Texans-at-Broncos/fc3c047c-0206-473c-95d7-24c85894232f

(on tipped balls) “A long, long time ago, George Seifert put me in a room for about two days and told me to study tipped passes. I still haven’t come up with the answer, so they get tipped sometimes.”

(on Broncos progress) “I don’t know about the Broncos. I know the Texans are really struggling right now. That was my first look at them – getting ready to play them this week. They were good enough to beat us so I am impressed with what they did.”

(on low points throughout the season) “There have been a few of them. But this is today, so it is a very low point.”