PDA

View Full Version : Time to get winners in here

panamamyers
12-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Time for Kubiak and Schaub to find new homes.
Some people are winners and some people are losers.

MEGA SWATT
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Schaub can stay. Problem is on defense and coaching(2 Q team )

devo-x
12-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I agree - Let's see how Schaub plays with a new coaching staff (and defense)

ziggy29
12-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm not too down on Schaub. The head coach and the defensive coaching need to go.

97roc
12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Here we go again with the Schaub haters.

Hervoyel
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Here we go again with the Schaub haters.

Schaub is not above criticism. He makes mistakes and they hurt the team. He tried to throw the damn ball through a Denver defender today and it cost us a shot at a game winning FG when it deflected into an interception. He's been starting for four years now and he's still trying to do shit like that.

But I would like to see what another coach could do with him from this point forward. I think we're asking too much of Schaub. Our offense plays to some of his strengths and unfortunately into a number of his weaknesses.

fiasco west
12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Matt always throws the one bad pass that ends up hurting the team. Partly because the other team scores off the TO. Other times because it's in a clutch situation where QBs tend to get risky and throw these type of passes.

I still have a lot of faith in Matt

stingray
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Let's see what Schaub does with a consistently good defense first.

Grforces
12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't understand the Schaub haters. There are only a few Qb's I would rather have. While he may not be perfect, he is still top ten.
Do these people realize how hard it is to find a Qb that is atleast as good as Schaub? Having back to back over 4k passing yard seasons is crap?
You can say well we been behind and had to catch up in almost all our games, but how many other Qbs have been in the same situation and havent been able to do what he has done?
I would fire the coaching staff and matt turk, and let the new HC with his staff put this team back together. Especially the D.
To the Schaub haters, get real!

buddyboy
12-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Schaub is not above criticism. He makes mistakes and they hurt the team. He tried to throw the damn ball through a Denver defender today and it cost us a shot at a game winning FG when it deflected into an interception. He's been starting for four years now and he's still trying to do shit like that.

But I would like to see what another coach could do with him from this point forward. I think we're asking too much of Schaub. Our offense plays to some of his strengths and unfortunately into a number of his weaknesses.

You're completely right that Schaub is not above criticism, and he certainly deserves it after certain games.

However, to call for the Texans to get rid of Schaub is stupid. No, he's not a top flight quarterback, but he's also not of the MANY problems that need to be addressed for this team to start winning.

Texecutioner
12-26-2010, 10:54 PM

Exactly. We ask way to much of Schaub all of the time and have for years. This team is currently on pace to being the worst defense of all time points wise for that unit. I think another coach could do much better with a Schaub ran team on offense. Schaub is good enough production wise to be a big time team. Coaching is what needs to change.

Thorn
12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Agreed on Schaub is NOT the problem, but is also not above criticism. We've scored a lot of points this season with Foster's running and Schaubs passing. Most teams would get a lot of wins out of our offensive output, but not if you HAVE THE WORST DAMN DEFENSE EVER TO DISGRACE AN NFL SEASON.

DX-TEX
12-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Schaub has shown a lot of guts, emotion and leadership this year. I believe hos coach and co-ordinators have let him down badly at times. That vain comeback against the Ravens was HIS doing. When Kubiak got involved the first series in OT you saw what happened.

texansdrummer
12-26-2010, 11:21 PM
It's hard to find your offense at fault when they are required to score at least 30 points to win a game.

If that were the case.....basically EVERY offense in the NFL "sucks".

TheRealJoker
12-26-2010, 11:24 PM
This team will only succeed if Schaub can be Peyton Manning. Unfortunately for us, there is only one Peyton Manning in the NFL.

Mr. White
12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Blaming Schaub is misguided.

It's like playing music on a broken record player and then blaming the musician. Just get a new record player.

Dutchrudder
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Ala Bart Simpson...

Schaub is NOT the problem.

Is this getting through to anyone?

JB
12-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Ala Bart Simpson...

Is this getting through to anyone?

Yeah! But... do you think Schaub might really be the problem?

Dutchrudder
12-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah! But... do you think Schaub might really be the problem?

Kubiak and Bush ARE the problem.

!!!!!!!!

houstonspartan
12-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Regarding Matt: I'd like to see what another coach can do with him. I really think if he were allowed to audible, he'd be an elite qb.

Yes, he defintely makes mistakes. But I think he's tougher than we give him credit for.

Norg
12-27-2010, 02:34 AM
FIne lets keep Schauby but ill look ahead to the future maybe a year in a half from now maybe 2 years Schaub will be benched and thus the end of Matty i can forsee it i can already tell Matt is not going to take us to the promise land

machineo
12-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Let's see how Schaub does when
1- they get consistent field position outside their 20.
2- they don't abandon the run in the 2nd half of a game.

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Time for Kubiak and Schaub to find new homes.
Some people are winners and some people are losers.

Gtfo, EABOD, and DIAF.

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Gtfo, EABOD, and DIAF.

Apparently I must spread positive rep before giving it to you again.

Oh noes, I thought I only gave negative rep to people.

///

leebigeztx
12-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Those who say Matt isnt a problem is not looking at the whole picture. Matt is not the only problem,but he is a guy that cant win. His stats look good and the old excuse was about the running game,but look at this year. How many 3 and outs to start the game did the texans start the game with? Its easy to blame it all on the defense,but this team was built on the premise the offense would get early leads and the defense would manage. Well, all the 3 and outs put a suspect defense on the field too much. Then,once the other team went man under,2 deep,here comes the offense clicking. Its a mirage and schaub is the new version of bulger and palmer. Guys who put up good numbers when it doesnt matter.

Texanmike02
12-27-2010, 08:43 AM
When you have a WR that is, league wide, considered elite, a TE that is in the top 5 in almost every category (pre injury) and a QB that passes for 4000+ yards back to back, if you think your QB is the problem you are an i d i o t.

I'm not calling anyone an i d i o t, I'm just saying if the shoe fits...

This team puts up 25-30 pts in most of their games and the QB goes into every game knowing he is going to have to do extra to make up for the fact that the defense seems determined to give up 1 or more points than the offense can score.

How many times have we seen Schaub lead the Texans to a game winning/tying score only to watch the other team out-amazing him while the defense is over talking to cheer leaders? WAY TOO MANY!

Mike

leebigeztx
12-27-2010, 09:09 AM
When you have a WR that is, league wide, considered elite, a TE that is in the top 5 in almost every category (pre injury) and a QB that passes for 4000+ yards back to back, if you think your QB is the problem you are an i d i o t.

I'm not calling anyone an i d i o t, I'm just saying if the shoe fits...

This team puts up 25-30 pts in most of their games and the QB goes into every game knowing he is going to have to do extra to make up for the fact that the defense seems determined to give up 1 or more points than the offense can score.

How many times have we seen Schaub lead the Texans to a game winning/tying score only to watch the other team out-amazing him while the defense is over talking to cheer leaders? WAY TOO MANY!

Mike

How many 3 and out have this offense put up early in games? How many yards and points have this offense produced once the other team has gone into safe mode? How many critical ,drive ending,momentum stopping plays have schaub produced? Fact is,he is a limited qb. He cant throw a out route to save his life and he has slow feet. Recently or most importantly this year, he has been holding the ball alot longer and getting sacked. I didnt say he was the only problem,but if i were the texans,i would draft his replacement this year. Not saying the replacement would play this year,but I would work on getting him ready.Whatever you want your qb to have in a close even game,schaub doesnt have it.

Schaub in my opinion is a volume passer. He cant manage a even ballgame. A good running game is suppose to make a qb more effecient,but with schaub,its more of a hinderance. When the other team is in safe mode or the team has to pass to get back in it, he plays better,but when the team is cranking out rushes,he becomes inaccurate and a poor decision maker. Look no further than game 1 of this season vs the colts.

As a qb, you need to do what you need to do to win. Yesterday, after being up by a good margin,the defense started to falter and couldnt get a stop,but the offense scored 6 pts in the 2nd half against a terrible defense. I mean the raiders scored 50 on that defense. They dont have any pass rush and is the 32nd ranked defense and the matt schaub led offense scored 6 freaking points in the 2nd half.

Hervoyel
12-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Those who say Matt isnt a problem is not looking at the whole picture. Matt is not the only problem,but he is a guy that cant win. His stats look good and the old excuse was about the running game,but look at this year. How many 3 and outs to start the game did the texans start the game with? Its easy to blame it all on the defense,but this team was built on the premise the offense would get early leads and the defense would manage. Well, all the 3 and outs put a suspect defense on the field too much. Then,once the other team went man under,2 deep,here comes the offense clicking. Its a mirage and schaub is the new version of bulger and palmer. Guys who put up good numbers when it doesnt matter.

Look, I'll take this more seriously when we don't have these bizarre spells of forgetting that the NFL's leading rusher resides in our backfield getting in the way. We are effective on offense but extrememly "random". Sometimes it seems like we almost don't have a game plan at all. I think we get cute too often for our own good and that our players (particularly our receivers) aren't ready to play when they walk out on the field. Thinking too much maybe? I don't know but guys hit the field and take a few drives to remember how to catch the damn ball. These are players who we have seen play at a high level so why aren't they ready to go?

I want to see him play under a different coach when he's only being asked to do what he's capable of. I want to see us focus on punishing defense and running the football. We tailor our offense to a man who doesn't exist. Schaub isn't John Elway II. He's a good QB but he's not going to take over games and Gary won't accept that for some reason.

panamamyers
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
If Schaub needs to score 30, he scores 28. If he needs to score 28, he will score 27. If he needs to score 24, he will score 21.... He scores just enough to get beat.

The fact that we have a bad defense is masking the fact that Schaub does not contain a single intangible in his entire body.

He is in a great system for him. He has the best receiver in the league. He has a good offensive coordinator as head coach.

Some players are winners and some are not.
Schaub went scoreless in winning time yesterday.
He didn't have to score 30. And Denver has one of the worst defenses in the league.

You can continue thinking Schaub is not part of the problem if you like, but you would be wrong. Maybe another coach can come in and mask the fact that Schaub falls apart in winning time. If so, then that would be great.

Texanator
12-27-2010, 10:20 AM

If the coaching staff had not called pass play after pass play when they should have ran Foster, this would be a non-issue. It's the piss poor coaching that ultimately led to that turn over, just like in all these other past games lately.

Texanmike02
12-27-2010, 01:03 PM
How many 3 and out have this offense put up early in games? How many yards and points have this offense produced once the other team has gone into safe mode? How many critical ,drive ending,momentum stopping plays have schaub produced? Fact is,he is a limited qb. He cant throw a out route to save his life and he has slow feet. Recently or most importantly this year, he has been holding the ball alot longer and getting sacked. I didnt say he was the only problem,but if i were the texans,i would draft his replacement this year. Not saying the replacement would play this year,but I would work on getting him ready.Whatever you want your qb to have in a close even game,schaub doesnt have it.

Schaub in my opinion is a volume passer. He cant manage a even ballgame. A good running game is suppose to make a qb more effecient,but with schaub,its more of a hinderance. When the other team is in safe mode or the team has to pass to get back in it, he plays better,but when the team is cranking out rushes,he becomes inaccurate and a poor decision maker. Look no further than game 1 of this season vs the colts.

As a qb, you need to do what you need to do to win. Yesterday, after being up by a good margin,the defense started to falter and couldnt get a stop,but the offense scored 6 pts in the 2nd half against a terrible defense. I mean the raiders scored 50 on that defense. They dont have any pass rush and is the 32nd ranked defense and the matt schaub led offense scored 6 freaking points in the 2nd half.

I just disagree with your assesment. First, the whole offense has trouble getting in sync early in games but you can't blame that on Schaub. Last year they started well and didn't end well. You really think that Schaub is just not capable of playing for 60 minutes? The coaching staff/playcalling has to be a problem here. Go back to the Balt and Jets games (just off of the top of my head), in both cases the receivers had at least 8 drops in the first half. Jacoby in the endzone, the Arian TD that is called back(not in that game, just an example), Daniels gets the dropsies... As for not being able to throw an out route? I just don't buy it.

There have been several times when I think that Kubes (and I've been a supporter until the last 2 or 3 weeks) has just tried to outsmart the numbers. He makes bad decisions in critical situations. You have a QB that has had multiple 24pt HALVES from his offense and somehow he's the problem? Look, this isn't the Capers/Asserly era Texans. There is talent on this team and our coach seems less able to exploit it now than ever before.

AJ's been hurt, OD has missed forever, Jones gets the dropsies more than anyone I've ever seen and this guy is still cranking out production. Last year he led the league in yards and everyone said "its because they don't have a running game" this year he's 4th AND has the leagues's top rusher.

And honestly, he's having a bad year. His completion percentage is a pedestrian 63%. For HIM that's a bad year. Oh, by the way... that is still eleventh in the league. His Yard's/Attempt is 7.5. That's good for 7th in the league. He's tied for 10 th in TDs.

Oh, and you're right... he HAS held onto the ball longer this season. I don't know if that's because AJ has been hurt all year and OD hasn't been himself or what, but I'll agree to that. It accounts for his high sack total (though the protection hasn't been stellar either).

I'm not saying he's John Elway or Montana or Favre, I'm saying that the list of QB's I'd rather have on my team is rather short. I don't know if there are 4 names on it to be honest. Oh, by the way... he's been forced to spread the ball around (more receivers with 450+ yards than any other team) because of injuries. He has 5 with more than 450 and 6 with more than 400 (If Jacoby gets 8 yards next game he'll finish the season with 5 more than 500.

As best as I can tell he's done everything he's been asked to do.

And if you ask me, the fact that our hurry up offense looks better than our normal offense of late means that our QB is probably capable... its probably the playcalling.

Did I mention he is excellent at the PA and he rolls out much better than anyone is giving him credit for?

Mike

Norg
12-27-2010, 01:44 PM
didnt all the grat legendary QB never took longer then 6+ years to reach the playoffs at least much less win a SB

Just sayin

Texanmike02
12-27-2010, 01:48 PM
didnt all the grat legendary QB never took longer then 6+ years to reach the playoffs at least much less win a SB

Just sayin

Find me with a "grat legendary QB" with a historically bad defense.

Mike

leebigeztx
12-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Texan Mike, stats are for suckers. He will do just enough to lose. All those stats look nice,but he doesnt produce wins. He is carson palmer and all the number beaters like bulger. Garrad has a equally poor defense in jacksonville and they're still in the playoff hunt.

Mr teX
12-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Texan Mike, stats are for suckers. He will do just enough to lose. All those stats look nice,but he doesnt produce wins. He is carson palmer and all the number beaters like bulger. Garrad has a equally poor defense in jacksonville and they're still in the playoff hunt.

And last year we were & the jags weren't what's your point? Only the elite of the elite (Manning, Brady) can flourish with no help.

The guy consistently has to drive 80 + yards b/c his ST are so bad, The guy has to score 30 pts a game just to have a chance for his team to win b/c his defense refuses to get TO's & neither his ST or defense can get him a short field to save their lives. He's looks alot like Brees & Rodgers in 2008 when they dealt with the exact same problems. Both of those guys now have solid defenses behind them getting them all of the above & they look like world beaters. He's capable, he just needs some help from somewhere & he's definitely not getting it from his defense, ST or coaching staff.

Pantherstang84
12-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I just want to back up what Mike is saying here. Arguing that Schaub is one of the major issues with this team is like complaining about a flat tire when the car won't even freaking start. Get the car running first then address the tire. Noone is arguing that Schaub is as good as Manning or Brady. We are just saying that there are bigger more pressing issues with this entire damn franchise. Until those issues are addressed, we can get by with Schaub for now. Get some decent coaching in here and then see what happens.

texanhead08
12-27-2010, 09:59 PM
It really doesn't matter what Matt does because if there is time on the clock our matador defense would just allow the other team to zip down the field and score anyway. I am sick of our DB's not in the ****ing area code when a reciever catches the ball.

Texanmike02
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Stats when shown to people who don't know anything about stats are for suckers. I'll agree to that. I look at stats all day for work. I have an idea of how to weed out stats that are useless vs the ones that hold water. Doesn't mean you should listen to me... I'm just saying. Chinese instructions are garbage, unless you speak chinese.

As for in the playoff hunt vs not in the playoff hunt.. its only because the South is historically bad this year that they were in the hunt.

Mike

Ole Miss Texan
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Washington - come back win by Schaub
Kansas City - come back win by Schaub
New York Jets - Schaub rallied troops and score 20 pts in 4th Qtr. Led drive to get up by 4 pts with 55 seconds remaining. Defense failed, cost us the game.
Baltimore - 21 points scored in 2nd half to tie game. 95 yard TD drive to score game tieing TD and 2 pt conversion with 21 seconds remaining. Also had a 99 yard TD drive. Of course we all know about OT.

Sure he's made his mistakes but that's what is going to happen when you put the game on your QB. He's asked to carry this team. Without exceptional play by Schaub game in and game out we're going to lose. So yes he's going to make mistakes. But he also showed a lot this year of being able to handle it. He's just not going to do it every game like Manning or Brady could.

There might be a handful of QBs in the league that would be able to lead their team to victory at the very end, game in and game out. Manning was FORCED to do that this year because of the lack of talent and injuries around him and he barely won 10 games. I don't know of any other QB that was asked to shoulder their team like Schaub and Peyton were this season where every game seemed like a struggle to win.