PDA

View Full Version : If Kubiak DOESN'T Fire Bush after today's game...

Dread-Head
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Then his ass needs to be unemployed too. Someone get ready to pass me some green soap.

JB
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Frank Bush ought to resign, and turn in his Man Card after today.

WolverineFan
12-26-2010, 05:57 PM
They both ought to resign. This is pathetic.

Dread-Head
12-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Frank Bush ought to resign, and turn in his Man Card after today.

He's to damned stupid to know that.

Section516
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I feel bad for the players, but I'm glad this happened...We need no more :kubepalm:

JB
12-26-2010, 06:01 PM
He's to damned stupid to know that.

Maybe his wife will jap-slap him when he gets home!

kiwitexansfan
Only one game left to go, why bother.

Hookem Horns
If McNair DOESN'T Fire Kubiak after today's game ...

Buffi2
12-26-2010, 06:03 PM
If McNair DOESN'T Fire Kubiak after today's game ...

then he is as clueless as dirt

Mr. Texan
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
both their sorry asses should be fired

GuerillaBlack
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
One game left, and the Kubiak era is (hopefully) over.... One more game...

Pantherstang84
12-26-2010, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Koolaid Time
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM

Nothing short of a "torches and pitchforks crowd" next week at Reliant will cause McNair to fire Capt. Facepalm and hisband of fools. :kubepalm:

Its time for "Texans Regime Change." Out with Smith, Kubiak, and all the Coaches and Coordinators.

Dread-Head
12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Bush You're FIRED!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DnqW3F57E you big dummy!

eriadoc
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Why Bush? There's one guy that hired Richard Smith. When Smith couldn't run a defense, that same guy hired Frank Bush. Now Bush can't run a defense. When the players he inherited weren't cutting it, the same guy that hired Smith and Bush drafted a bunch of new players and put them on the field. Every single player on the field was selected by one guy. When various defensive position coaches weren't cutting it, that same person hired new DL coaches, new DB coaches, etc.

Every single problem on this team can be traced back to a single point of failure - Kubiak.

Mr. Texan
12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9692/bossmcnair.jpg

TEXANRED
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Bush You're FIRED!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DnqW3F57E you big dummy!

That's funny. Every time things go wrong this is the exact song that runs through my head.

nut
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
How can people still be apologists for Koobeyack? Look at the body of work. Our lack of any semblance of an NFL team can not be blamed on some inexperienced assistant coaches that Kubiak hired. :kubepalm:

JB
Why Bush? There's one guy that hired Richard Smith. When Smith couldn't run a defense, that same guy hired Frank Bush. Now Bush can't run a defense. When the players he inherited weren't cutting it, the same guy that hired Smith and Bush drafted a bunch of new players and put them on the field. Every single player on the field was selected by one guy. When various defensive position coaches weren't cutting it, that same person hired new DL coaches, new DB coaches, etc.

Every single problem on this team can be traced back to a single point of failure - Kubiak.

A lot of people think that like it or not, Kubiak is here next year. If that is the case, don't you think that at the very least Bush needs to be gone?

And probably Gibbs as well. They may be good coaches, but not here, not with these players.

JB
How can people still be apologists for Koobeyack? Look at the body of work. Our lack of any semblance of an NFL team can not be blamed on some inexperienced assistant coaches that Kubiak hired. :kubepalm:

Who is still an apologist for Kubiak?

eriadoc
12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
A lot of people think that like it or not, Kubiak is here next year. If that is the case, don't you think that at the very least Bush needs to be gone?

Nope. Kubiak made this team, now he needs to live or die with it. He told us that we didn't need to draft a safety because we would be fine with what we had. OK, show us. He told us that we'd be OK going young in the secondary and we had to make the playoffs. OK, show us. He told us that the team philosophy was to draft smaller, agile linemen (both sides). OK, show us. He hired the coaches. He hired the GM. He drafted all the players. He decided who got a spot on the team and who didn't. He decided who got playing time and who didn't. He decided everything. OK, show us.

Oh, he has shown us. He's done such a great job of showing us that I'm convinced. The man is a failure.

P.S. - Dread also seems to be saying that Bush is the main problem and that he only wants Kubiak fired if Kubiak doesn't fire Bush. I contend that Kubiak hasn't put anyone on the defensive side of the ball in a position to succeed - players or coaches.

nut
12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Who is still an apologist for Kubiak?

In no way am I trying to insult any forum people. In my opinion, anybody blaming an assistant that was hired with no experience as the cause of our troubles is a Koobeyack apologist. Kubiak is the source of our troubles. He needs to go.

TEXANRED
12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't expect Kubiak to get fired at the end of the season even if McNair wanted too.

With a lock out hanging over everyone's head I would be real surprised to see if we make any changes.

Thorn
12-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't expect Kubiak to get fired at the end of the season even if McNair wanted too.

With a lock out hanging over everyone's head I would be real surprised to see if we make any changes.

The problem with that is, is that there are teams out there looking to make a move right now. If the Texans don't, they could be left behind. Again.

Kimmy
12-26-2010, 07:27 PM
The problem with that is, is that there are teams out there looking to make a move right now. If the Texans don't, they could be left behind. Again.

You are SO RIGHT!

For the love of God, something needs to be done; and soon.

Dishman
12-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Other teams made changes when they saw failure. The Texans?

Naw - there's a lockout coming.

wildroot
12-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Where's Bud Adams when you really need him?!?

JB
12-26-2010, 07:33 PM
In no way am I trying to insult any forum people. In my opinion, anybody blaming an assistant that was hired with no experience as the cause of our troubles is a Koobeyack apologist. Kubiak is the source of our troubles. He needs to go.

Please see my post at #19.

nut
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope McNair doesn't use that damn lockout as an excuse to not fire Kubiak. That would be a copout. If he cans him now, he can go to Denver and they can pick up his un-earned check. When he gave him that ridiculous extension last year, it reminded me of the one he gave Carr. End of last season, the Texans said the reason was he had to give him an extension so he could hire the best assistants so they wouldn't think Kubiak was a lame duck and the assistants wouldn't be worried about being unemployed after a short time. What a joke that was. Look at the title of this thread.

JB
12-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Nope. Kubiak made this team, now he needs to live or die with it. He told us that we didn't need to draft a safety because we would be fine with what we had. OK, show us. He told us that we'd be OK going young in the secondary and we had to make the playoffs. OK, show us. He told us that the team philosophy was to draft smaller, agile linemen (both sides). OK, show us. He hired the coaches. He hired the GM. He drafted all the players. He decided who got a spot on the team and who didn't. He decided who got playing time and who didn't. He decided everything. OK, show us.

Oh, he has shown us. He's done such a great job of showing us that I'm convinced. The man is a failure.

P.S. - Dread also seems to be saying that Bush is the main problem and that he only wants Kubiak fired if Kubiak doesn't fire Bush. I contend that Kubiak hasn't put anyone on the defensive side of the ball in a position to succeed - players or coaches.

I get what you are saying, but I think Dread is assuming that Kubiak is going to be here, and that at the very least Bush needs to go.

Kimmy
12-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I get what you are saying, but I think Dread is assuming that Kubiak is going to be here, and that at the very least Bush needs to go.

Sometimes I think of this picture when reading the boards LOL

http://www.made2mentor.com/Images/far-side-what-dogs-hear.jpg

Napa Auto Parts
12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I totally agree Frank Bush Managed to score two field goals in the second half.

Wolf
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Today's innovative loss was to a 3-11 team with a rookie QB who most pro football experts vehemently challenge CAN EVER BE a quality pro QB. As if that weren't special enough, we gave up a 17 point lead, and surrendered an NFL record 24 points in a game for the tenth time this season which now stands as the NFL record for defensive ineptitude.

Take a bow, Texans.

We've now lost 8 of our last 9 games - the only win coming against a third string rookie QB at home.

We've given up 400 total yards in eight games.

http://blogs.chron.com/onfurtherreview/2010/12/its_a_texans_festivus_miracle.html

Heath Shuler
12-26-2010, 09:52 PM

what about McNair?

eriadoc
12-26-2010, 10:04 PM
what about McNair?

He shares in it, but unless you want an owner who meddles, I'd argue that I expect him to hire football people, monitor the situation, give the team four years, and then make changes as appropriate. Kubiak is in charge of football operations, and that is what's failed. The team as a whole has succeeded in all the ways I'd expect McNair to oversee. I expect McNair to hand football operations to competent people, and in that aspect, he has failed. The #1 thing I blame McNair for is handing over his business to a team of rookies. That's just bad business. Neither Kubiak nor Rick Smith had any prior experience in their current position. If you want to give Kubiak a shot, give him a GM that has prior experience. If you want to give Rick Smith a shot, give him a HC with prior experience.

At any rate, blaming McNair doesn't matter because that's the one thing that will not change. So get over it or get on, IMO.

DX-TEX
12-26-2010, 10:06 PM

John McClain that you? ;)

Texan4Ever
12-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm bored and couldn't resist, thought this was funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk&feature=player_embedded#!

I want Kubes, Bush, our GM, and probably everyone on our defensive staff gone. Hell, get new trainers if we have to, the current guy is too soft and boring (I think we had a thread about this).

TEXANRED
12-26-2010, 11:09 PM
John McClain that you? ;)

Ha, no. Wish I had his contacts though.

But seriously look at the corner McNair has painted himself into and not just with the lock out but the contract extension too.

Technically without the extension this would have been his last year. But McNair extends it through the 2012 season so if Kubes gets fired now Bob pays the man for 2 years he wasn't gonna get to begin with.

And

If the NFL does lock out then I would think Bob is out only one year b/c the 2011 season is skipped. Unless the contract would then roll from 2012 to 2013. So why would McNair pay 2 head coaches in a year where there was no football?

Not to mention the staff. 15-20 million combined with Rick Smith, Kubiak and staff? Plus hire another staff for 20+ million?

Bob is not a football guy. He is a business man, and a great business man. McNair is not going to make a decision based on emotion or championships so long as the games keep selling out, the season tickets are bought, the sponsors keep rolling in, etc, etc, etc.

GuerillaBlack
12-27-2010, 08:39 AM

F all that. There have been four coach firings midseason this year. Kubiak can be fired. The lockout mess is so overrated on here.

Second Honeymoon
12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Kubiak is cheap to begin with
The contract should have no bearing imho

Double Barrel
12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Four other NFL teams have clearly placed winning over being scared wusses for a potential (but not certain) lock out. I hope McNair is paying attention when four HCs have lost their jobs already because their teams suck, and most likely there will be more coaches losing jobs next Monday. We can only hope our owner is truly dedicated to winning and not perpetuating a losing atmosphere because he's scare of the unknown. This decision will really show us what he's made of as an owner.