PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - Please whup the Texans

ToxicButt
12-24-2010, 11:08 PM
This is going to tick some people off but, as per the title, I'm hoping for a lopsided win by the Broncos. Here is why:

- this season is a huge failure, whether we win or lose the last two games.

- Bob McNair needs to be embarrassed into firing Kubiak. Nothing short of two more decisive losses to cap off a 5-11 season will do it. We're talking about startin 4-2, and then closing with a 1-9 record. Hell, I'm not 100% sure that two more horrific losses will do the trick, but it's important that this happen. Critical.

- Losing the last two games will enhance our draft pick status, which is damn important since we need all the help we can get.

- I want AJ to sit. He is too damn valuable and has given as much or more than anyone else on the team. I also want him to sit to help us lose this game.

- For those of you that want us to win the game, you better be huge kubiak supporters.

- For those of you that are thinking it's worth winning two meaningless games, just consider that dropping a few draft spots could cost us a prized prospect.

- Just four years ago, Jeff Van Gundy insisted that the Rockets win a meaningless season finale, which cost the Rockets the ability to draft Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees are now shot, but that's beside the point.

- I'm not saying that a team should openly tank.

- I'm saying that as a fan, you should want to lose every game after you're eliminated from the playoffs, unless you're wanting to protect the coaching staff.

Texecutioner
12-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Agree 100%.

burro
12-24-2010, 11:13 PM
It seems to me that this topic is a dead horse. If you want to root for the team to lose, that's your prerogative - but I doubt you're going to convince anyone to root against their team for the sake of drafting high (its not like good draft positions have been of much use to use in the past). Besides, considering McNair's attitude, I doubt 5-11 will make much of a difference from 7-9. If he's going to dump Kubiak, he will do so.

Yesterday
12-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Agree completely. However, I'm not sure I can watch the game and not root for the Texans so I may just watch highlights and read the summaries/box score.

TexCanada
12-24-2010, 11:49 PM
:deadhorse

steelbtexan
12-25-2010, 01:03 AM
This is going to tick some people off but, as per the title, I'm hoping for a lopsided win by the Broncos. Here is why:

- Bob McNair needs to be embarrassed into firing Kubiak. Nothing short of two more decisive losses to cap off a 5-11 season will do it. We're talking about startin 4-2, and then closing with a 1-9 record. Hell, I'm not 100% sure that two more horrific losses will do the trick, but it's important that this happen. Critical.

- Losing the last two games will enhance our draft pick status, which is damn important since we need all the help we can get.

- I want AJ to sit. He is too damn valuable and has given as much or more than anyone else on the team. I also want him to sit to help us lose this game.

- For those of you that want us to win the game, you better be huge kubiak supporters.

- For those of you that are thinking it's worth winning two meaningless games, just consider that dropping a few draft spots could cost us a prized prospect.

- Just four years ago, Jeff Van Gundy insisted that the Rockets win a meaningless season finale, which cost the Rockets the ability to draft Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees are now shot, but that's beside the point.

- I'm saying that as a fan, you should want to lose every game after you're eliminated from the playoffs, unless you're wanting to protect the coaching staff.

While I get what you are saying.

It's not in my DNA to wish for the Texans to lose.

VTexan
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM
I think Kubes is gone no matter what now. I'm not hoping we lose but at the same time it would be nice getting a solid draft pick.

I am pretty indifferent of the outcome this weekend.

dream_team
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Call me what you want... But I want the Texans to win every game it plays! I don't ever want to be associated with a team that openly losses on purpose.

BSofA04
12-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I agree. But your post reminded me of a game in 2005 against the 49ers. Too bad Kris Brown isn't here to shank (wink wink) a chip shot field goal. At least we knew then we were playing in the Reggie Bush Bowl (and we took Mario hahahaha). Is this the Bill Cowher Bowl?

steelbtexan
12-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Call me what you want... But I want the Texans to win every game it plays! I don't ever want to be associated with a team that openly losses on purpose.

Says the Rocket fan

Hakeem was aquired thru tanking.

Same with Duncan

DexmanC
12-25-2010, 01:20 AM

I was gonna consider this thread blasphemy, but I can't disagree
with a damn bit of it.

Here's to Kubiak's (post)-Christmas looking like this:
:kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm: :kubepalm:

machineo
12-25-2010, 03:03 AM
If the team doesn't show up in Denver, all the owners will be patting McNair on the back for not overtraining his team over the holidays.

Maddict5
12-25-2010, 05:06 AM
i dont want to lose but im indifferent about the game. i think kubiaks staying on regardless. the broncos wont blow us out btw. i also think a good draft pick would help and to continue the basketball analogies we're kinda like that 40 win team stuck in purgatory cos we havent been quite good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to draft the elite talent it takes to get there.

obviously basketball drafts have far less overall talent in them but i d ont see that much harm in a team tanking a lost season. hell the jags did it last yr and now they playing hard for the division this year

Showtime100
12-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Texans - Please whup the Broncos. After you're done get rid of Kubiak and Company.

Grams
12-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Losing the game to get a higher draft pick is not going to work out very well if Kubiak is still here.

While I believe that Kubiak needs to go - and go now, I cannot root for my team to loose to anyone.

Go Texans!!!

Malloy
12-25-2010, 06:10 AM
If you want the Texans to lose tomorrow, then you must be a Broncos fan. End of story.

Thorn
12-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Texans - Please whup the Broncos. After you're done get rid of Kubiak and Company.

This.

Perhaps they can just leave Kubiak in Denver afterwards.

False Start
12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I will never wish for the Texans to lose, no matter the circumstances. :texflag:

JB
12-25-2010, 08:21 AM
If you want the Texans to lose tomorrow, then you must be a Broncos fan. End of story.

I will never wish for the Texans to lose, no matter the circumstances. :texflag:

This!

/thread

NitroGSXR
12-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Go Texans!! Kick some ToxicButt tomorrow!!

:fans:

Allstar
12-25-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll be rooting for the Texans, but it won't really sting as much if we lose.

2slik4u
12-25-2010, 09:39 AM

This thread is laughable. I will never in my life of fandom, ever route for our team to lose. Its absolutely ridiculous. People (you are probably in this group Toxicbutt) ***** all the time about our owner, coach, and team not having that "winning" attitude and how we're/they're ok with mediocrity but then the same fans come along and ask for a loss!!!

Unreal, in no form or fashion is wanting your team to lose acceptable. I am embarrased of being associated with some of you fans. I really hope we do not get any Denver fans on this board because they will laugh their asses off on what a pathetic show of support we are putting up.

I want Kubiak gone just like the rest of you but not at the expense of routing for our team to lose. By the way, if you starting asking for your team to lose, whats the point of being a fan in the first place?

You play to win the game. End of story.

Revolution
12-25-2010, 09:44 AM

As Thorn said - THIS!!

Revolution
12-25-2010, 09:48 AM
This thread is laughable. I will never in my life of fandom, ever route for our team to lose. Its absolutely ridiculous. People (you are probably in this group Toxicbutt) ***** all the time about our owner, coach, and team not having that "winning" attitude and how we're/they're ok with mediocrity but then the same fans come along and ask for a loss!!!

Unreal, in no form or fashion is wanting your team to lose acceptable. I am embarrased of being associated with some of you fans. I really hope we do not get any Denver fans on this board because they will laugh their asses off on what a pathetic show of support we are putting up.

I want Kubiak gone just like the rest of you but not at the expense of routing for our team to lose. By the way, if you starting asking for your team to lose, whats the point of being a fan in the first place?

Thank you! This is even better! Not to be the spelling police, but it is root!

ToxicButt
12-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Pretend for a moment that this is reality -- if the texans win one of two meaningless games, kubiak stays. If the texans lose both, he is fired.

You can challenge this premise, but let's say it is true.

As a fan - what do you choose. Win a meaningless game and get stuck with kubiak next year, or lose two meaningless games and get a new HC.

--------

If you don't accept this premise as absolutely true, then consider that losing the two games dramatically increase the likelihood of kubiak being fired. Is winning two meaningless games really worth the cost of increasing the odds.

2slik4u
12-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Pretend for a moment that this is reality -- if the texans win one of two meaningless games, kubiak stays. If the texans lose both, he is fired.

You can challenge this premise, but let's say it is true.

As a fan - what do you choose. Win a meaningless game and get stuck with kubiak next year, or lose two meaningless games and get a new HC.

--------

If you don't accept this premise as absolutely true, then consider that losing the two games dramatically increase the likelihood of kubiak being fired. Is winning two meaningless games really worth the cost of increasing the odds.

I understand what you are "trying" to do here but the fact of the matter remains that we have no idea what will happen. For all we know, Cowher is having Christmas dinner with the Mcnairs right now and its a done deal. On the other hand Kubiak could be sitting at the table. What Im saying is I seriously doubt that if Kubiak beats a horrible Denver team that he will retain his coaching job. The same goes for beating Jax. Mcnair will decide on keeping him with or without these wins.

Also, its going to be his choice regardless of who we ROOT for! If we cheer on our Texans or against them, it will have no bearing on Mcnair's choice. Root your team on and let the chips fall where they may.

Mcnair will do what he wants when he wants, not because of a few guys on TT.com wants him to.

Cheer for your team. Go Texans.

Revolution
12-25-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm a fan and when the team takes the field, I want them to win. Period. I can never root for my team to lose while they are on the field. I just don't think you are a true fan when you let the politics get in the way of your passion. JMHO.

infantrycak
12-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm a fan and when the team takes the field, I want them to win. Period. I can never root for my team to lose while they are on the field. I just don't think you are a true fan when you let the politics get in the way of your passion. JMHO.

What he said.

TexCanada
12-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't believe I'm actually longing for the off-season to get here... :gun:

FirstTexansFan
12-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I believe our best hope is for Kubiak to win the game big, enticing Pat Bowen to bring him in, and saving face for Bob McNair to graciously allow him to go. Losing only helps our draft position, and personally, I don't see that as a reason to root for a loss.

gary
12-25-2010, 11:30 AM
If Bob has not made up his mind by now about Gary then he never will. GO TEXANS fan for life.

jaayteetx
12-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I got money on who has a better season, Texans or Cards, with a friend of mine. Funny, thought I pretty much had it wrapped up in week six. So, for that reason, I say, Go Texans!

Yankee_In_TX
12-25-2010, 11:51 AM
It seems to me that this topic is a dead horse. If you want to root for the team to lose, that's your prerogative - but I doubt you're going to convince anyone to root against their team for the sake of drafting high (its not like good draft positions have been of much use to use in the past). Besides, considering McNair's attitude, I doubt 5-11 will make much of a difference from 7-9. If he's going to dump Kubiak, he will do so.

/thread

GuerillaBlack
12-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I can't root for my team to lose, but at this point in the season, I could care less. Winning means Kubiak has a greater chance of staying. Losing means a better draft position and less of a chance that Kubiak stays. The team has already quit though. Pretty evident by the game last Sunday. No point in yelling your ass off for them if they quit themselves already, already planning their offseason trips.

PapaL
12-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't have to root for them to lose, I know they will...yet I still yell at the tv and jump up and down like they will win.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Lucky
12-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Tell this to the Texans. Too often this season they've forgotten this.

Thorn
12-25-2010, 02:07 PM
As I said once elsewhere in another thread, I am not going to root for these players to lose. A lot of them will be back next year, and I want nothing more than for them to be winners...now and next year.

Doesn't mean I'm not getting that old time Oilers sinking feeling about the future of my home team though. Hopefully McNair will do the right thing this off season.

Big Lou
12-25-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't care if we are 0-15 heading into week 17, I always root for the Texans to win. I don't agree with the whole draft pick deal, the first 20 guys should be good enough.

Thorn
12-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't care if we are 0-15 heading into week 17, I always root for the Texans to win. I don't agree with the whole draft pick deal, the first 20 guys should be good enough.

draft picks are hit an miss anyways. There is a lot of banging on Rick Smith about his drafting, but drafting a college player is always a risk, most especially in the first couple of rounds where you have to pay a college boy who's never been in a pro locker room a ton of money.

I don't care who you are in the drafting room, out of the first 32 players taken in the first round, how many of those really end up earning their pay and their 1st round pick status?

Rey
12-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I've been rooting for the Texans to lose for a few weeks now.

When the game comes on I like to see the players do well, but ultimately I want them to lose.

I could care less about what other fans do or how they react after spending their hard earned money and time...But this FAN right here will not waste my time hoping and wishing for wins when it ultimately means nothing.

Lose out Texans...Get rid of Kubiak....Sit your key players...Realize how much you suck...

The team will not make significant strides to get better until they realize how much they suck. Losing out helps them to further realize realize they aren't even close to be as good as they thought they were.

NitroGSXR
12-25-2010, 05:27 PM
draft picks are hit an miss anyways. There is a lot of banging on Rick Smith about his drafting, but drafting a college player is always a risk, most especially in the first couple of rounds where you have to pay a college boy who's never been in a pro locker room a ton of money.

I don't care who you are in the drafting room, out of the first 32 players taken in the first round, how many of those really end up earning their pay and their 1st round pick status?

Look past the high-dollar contracts and you'll have a hell of a lot more success with the first rounders than the 2nd-7th rounders. A hell lot more, mate. If a GM is consistently drafting high then the problem has to be deeper than merely playing the "poor luck" draw. So far Smith has struck out on 4 first rounders (Cushing's been on my ****list this season). Yeah Smith has done well in the 4th round. I say bleh to that. A "good" middle round team wastes more money than any other teams because of their failures at the top of the order.

We must fire Rick.

bo orlando
12-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about this happening as the Broncos are TERRIBLE. They quit on the season a long, long, time ago. Anybody who watched their game last week against the Raiders knows that Tebow had a mostly awful game, like Rusty Smith awful. I'd be really surprised if the Texans don't win this game by at least two touchdowns, and I mean that.

Rey
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about this happening as the Broncos are TERRIBLE. They quit on the season a long, long, time ago. Anybody who watched their game last week against the Raiders knows that Tebow had a mostly awful game, like Rusty Smith awful. I'd be really surprised if the Texans don't win this game by at least two touchdowns, and I mean that.

He ran for a long TD....

That one play trumps Rusty's day...

Also, The Raiders pass defense is much better than ours....

I look for Tebow to do a bit better against us than against the Raiders...

But that's why the games are played...we shall see...

bo orlando
12-25-2010, 06:00 PM
He ran for a long TD....

That one play trumps Rusty's day...

Also, The Raiders pass defense is much better than ours....

I look for Tebow to do a bit better against us than against the Raiders...

But that's why the games are played...we shall see...

He did run for a long TD, but it was a busted play on 3rd and 25 where the Raiders inexplicably had nobody in the middle of the field. Still, certainly that's a skill Rusty Smith doesn't have. But as far as pass defense goes, I'd actually give Rusty the edge as a passer. Tebow threw nothing but floaters and screens all day, and still has that awful looping throwing motion. Even the Texans D will dominate this game, bet on it.

Surreal McCoy
12-25-2010, 07:03 PM

Being a fan is really quite simple, yet it's painfully hilarious that you're having to continually point this stuff out to the majority of Houston "fans".

BetaV1
12-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't understand this talk about "draft status" for tanking. The people with this logic have a hard time understanding one single player isn't going to turn this defense around. You have to replace perhaps 8 starters on this defense, meaning you essentially must take the best defensive player on the board. At that point, there's not much of a difference whether we draft 7th or 10th.

I've also mentioned before that until a rookie cap is put in place, I don't want no part of a high draft pick. I would much rather spend that high draft pick money on proven veterans who can come and make a difference immediately than take a chance with picks that seem to go bust more than boom.

Props to those of you in this thread who got the Texans' back when the whistle blows (Dream_Team, JB, False Start, and others). I hate the coaching staff and want changes just as much as anyone else, but when it's game time, you gotta throw all that petty, emotional crap out the window. I'm rooting for the Texans to win tomorrow not for Kubiak and Co., but in spite of them.

gary
12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
If you don't draft well from wherever your draft spot is then that is your own fault. All drafting is just taking one huge gamble after another wether or not you draft first or last.

GuerillaBlack
12-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't understand this talk about "draft status" for tanking. The people with this logic have a hard time understanding one single player isn't going to turn this defense around. You have to replace perhaps 8 starters on this defense, meaning you essentially must take the best defensive player on the board. At that point, there's not much of a difference whether we draft 7th or 10th.

I've also mentioned before that until a rookie cap is put in place, I don't want no part of a high draft pick. I would much rather spend that high draft pick money on proven veterans who can come and make a difference immediately than take a chance with picks that seem to go bust more than boom.

Props to those of you in this thread who got the Texans' back when the whistle blows (Dream_Team, JB, False Start, and others). I hate the coaching staff and want changes just as much as anyone else, but when it's game time, you gotta throw all that petty, emotional crap out the window. I'm rooting for the Texans to win tomorrow not for Kubiak and Co., but in spite of them.

Lets just talk about players in general. There can be big differences between 7th and 10th. See Adrian Peterson and our own Amobi Okoye in 2007. And just because it takes more than one player doesn't mean much. Lets just say we could have drafted Suh for this Dline, that's one player that makes a huge difference. There are other examples, too. You get a better chance at drafting a better player if you draft higher up in the top ten.

BetaV1
12-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Lets just talk about players in general. There can be big differences between 7th and 10th. See Adrian Peterson and our own Amobi Okoye in 2007.

This is actually a good point and I most certainly will give you that difference is one of major note. I, however, see situations like that are more the exception than the norm. Just look at the draft that sandwiched the Peterson draft:

2006:
7 Oakland Raiders Michael Huff
8 Buffalo Bills Donte Whitner
9 Detroit Lions Ernie Sims
10 Arizona Cardinals Matt Leinart

2008:
7 New Orleans Saints Sedrick Ellis
8 Jacksonville Jaguars Derrick Harvey
9 Cincinnati Bengals Keith Rivers
10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo

Great players here? For the most part, sure. You got yourself many locks, particularly on defense. Pro-bowlers? A majority of the time, no (and not a single pro-bowler The most recent draft has panned out the same way, with the exception of Rolando McClain, who I feel has what it takes to be a pro-bowler in his near future (drafted 8 by the Raiders).

To return to your 2007 draft, you'd also notice that Patrick Willis and Revis were taken after the Texans drafted Okoye. :kubepalm: I think it's pretty clear that your first five picks are suppose to be locks. From then on, you enter your tier system: picks 6-15 tier I, picks 16-32 tier II, and so forth. This is simply showing the means of the math, and on average, there is not much of a difference in the overall talent pool from 7th to 10th.

And just because it takes more than one player doesn't mean much. Lets just say we could have drafted Suh for this Dline, that's one player that makes a huge difference. There are other examples, too. You get a better chance at drafting a better player if you draft higher up in the top ten.

I didn't say a player doesn't make a huge difference; I said one player won't turn this defense around when we are statistically one of the worst since the NFL has come into existence. Football is the ultimate team sport, and teams will simply (and easily) gameplan against the one or two difference makers on the defense. Of course Suh would be a nice upgrade for our defensive line, but I highly doubt his presence alone would've suddenly had us in games where we weren't constantly spotting opposing offenses 14+ points. Such is the reason why, again, I'd rather draft lower so we can spread the money around to acquire proven talent.

SheTexan
12-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I've been rooting for the Texans to lose for a few weeks now.

When the game comes on I like to see the players do well, but ultimately I want them to lose.

I could care less about what other fans do or how they react after spending their hard earned money and time...But this FAN right here will not waste my time hoping and wishing for wins when it ultimately means nothing.

Lose out Texans...Get rid of Kubiak....Sit your key players...Realize how much you suck...

The team will not make significant strides to get better until they realize how much they suck. Losing out helps them to further realize realize they aren't even close to be as good as they thought they were.

I will probalby get dinged for posting this, but, at this point in time, I reallly don't CARE!!

YOU SUCK AS A FAN!!!!!!!!

TheMatrix31
12-26-2010, 12:20 PM
If you root for your team to lose, you disgust me as a sports fan and as a human being.

Rey
12-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I will probalby get dinged for posting this, but, at this point in time, I reallly don't CARE!!

YOU SUCK AS A FAN!!!!!!!!

Why would I neg rep you?

I said in my post I don't care what other fans think or do.

It's your perogative to root for meaningless wins much like its my perogative to root for a tough lesson to be learned.

jaayteetx
12-26-2010, 12:44 PM
If you root for your team to lose, you disgust me as a sports fan and as a human being.

Really? Geez, lighten up people. Its just sports.

TheMatrix31
12-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Really? Geez, lighten up people. Its just sports.

No, it's not. It's reflective of your personality and mindset as a human being.

jaayteetx
12-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Well, lets just agree to disagree then.

SheTexan
12-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Why would I neg rep you?

I said in my post I don't care what other fans think or do.

It's your perogative to root for meaningless wins much like its my perogative to root for a tough lesson to be learned.

I was referring to the mods dinging me for saying what I did, not you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and we certainly differ in ours. To root for your team to LOSE just disgusts me. There's no tough lesson to be learned from that!! JMO!!!

GuerillaBlack
12-26-2010, 01:01 PM

I really hope we're just being trolled here. No way you actually believe this.

TheMatrix31
12-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I really hope we're just being trolled here. No way you actually believe this.

Yeah, I do. Your actions and words are reflective of your personality and mindset. If they're not, then you have something to fix. Or you're lucky. Or you're fake.

jaayteetx
12-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I do. Your actions and words are reflective of your personality and mindset. If they're not, then you have something to fix. Or you're lucky. Or you're fake.

Little high strung, are we?

steelbtexan
12-26-2010, 01:21 PM

^^^^^

This is BS

For the record I'm rooting for the Texans to win today. But wont be suprised if they lose.

Why is it that fans like you cant seem to admit that as far as W/L's go the Smithiak era has been a failure?

I sure hope I'm wrong and Uncle BoB doesn't agree with you.

gary
12-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I just hope we all care about life and our loved ones much more than a stupid football game because at end of the day a game is all it is. Made to entertain all of us. Thank you.

houstonspartan
12-26-2010, 01:25 PM
^^^^^

This is BS

For the record I'm rooting for the Texans to win today. But wont be suprised if they lose.

Why is it that fans like you cant seem to admit that as far as W/L's go the Smithiak era has been a failure?

What's really scary is that there are fans that are still saying "Let's wait and see how things go these last two games before making a decision on the head coach." As if the last five and a half years hasn't shown enough evidence.

Some people are so dense that they need to be hit across the head with the obvious, so, I'm going to admit that I want us to lose today.

Thorn
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM

If we were discussing religion or politics, I'd understand your post. But football? Really?

Yesterday
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Unless your name is Bill Belichick.

There is also a reason that trading up into the top 10 in the draft is so hard to do: teams cherish these picks.

Thorn
12-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Unless your name is Bill Belichick.

There is also a reason that trading up into the top 10 in the draft is so hard to do: teams cherish these picks.

Your point that some folks draft better than others is an accurate one. But that doesn't always mean those top ten picks are gonna be worth it all the time. Especially for the Texans it would seem.

Mr. White
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Done deal. Another star QB is born.

Rey
12-26-2010, 06:02 PM
I was referring to the mods dinging me for saying what I did, not you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and we certainly differ in ours. To root for your team to LOSE just disgusts me. There's no tough lesson to be learned from that!! JMO!!!

Yes there are lessons to be learned.

They need to learn that they are not as close as they think they are. Going with all young corners and no proven talent at safety is proof of them thinking they can rely on last season's "success". They need to actually make moves to improve and not simply rely on young players getting better.

Our coaching isn't good enough for that.

Rey
12-26-2010, 06:06 PM
He did run for a long TD, but it was a busted play on 3rd and 25 where the Raiders inexplicably had nobody in the middle of the field. Still, certainly that's a skill Rusty Smith doesn't have. But as far as pass defense goes, I'd actually give Rusty the edge as a passer. Tebow threw nothing but floaters and screens all day, and still has that awful looping throwing motion. Even the Texans D will dominate this game, bet on it.

Lol. . I tried to tell you.

jshabang
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
i been on my twitter all day praying for this loss....my prayers have been answered......one more game fellas...u can do it!!

Texecutioner
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Why would any passionate fan care if this disgusts you or bothers you? Since you've been in here all I've seen you demonstrate is homerish excuses for this coaching staff and this regime and poor logic and reasoning for doing so and just a few weeks ago you were having meltdowns in here at people who even questioned this coaching staff. Yeah, you're someone that an informed fan should worry about. People who spend their money and time and emotions into an organization can do whatever the hell they want, and what you think about that means nothing just because you have this unconditional man crush for Bob Mcnair just because he owns a team that operates under the "Houston" name. I've rooted for the Texans to lose out the rest of the games last season and I did this season as well, and by the results it's been proven that I was spot on for doing so. I want change. I want a new general that I can believe in and don't have to question every game, and if you're such a passionate fan like you claim you "should" want the same thing.

It's unfortunate to me as a fan that so many people that root for this team care more about winning one or two meaningless games than they do the overall success of an organization as a whole. Rooting for the Texans at this point in the season is not rooting for the success of this franchise because there is nothing to gain. It's rooting for Kubiak to keep his job, because that's all that's on the line with these last few games and I can't believe anyone would root for Gary Kubiak at this point. That tells me that they like him more than they like this team.

steelbtexan
12-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Why would any passionate fan care if this disgusts you or bothers you? Since you've been in here all I've seen you demonstrate is homerish excuses for this coaching staff and this regime and poor logic and reasoning for doing so. People who spend their money and time and emotions into an organization can do whatever the hell they want, and what you think about that means nothing just because you have this unconditional man crush for Bob Mcnair just because he owns a team that operates under the "Houston" name. I've rooted for the Texans to lose out the rest of the games last season and I did this season as well, and by the results it's been proven that I was spot on for doing so. I want change. I want a new general that I can believe in and don't have to question every game, and if you're such a passionate fan like you claim you "should" want the same thing.

It's unfortunate to me as a fan that so many people that root for this team care more about winning one or two meaningless games than they do the overall success of an organization as a whole. Rooting for the Texans at this point in the season is not rooting for the success of this franchise because there is nothing to gain. It's rooting for Kubiak to keep his job, because that's all that's on the line with these last few games and I can't believe anyone would root for Gary Kubiak at this point. That tells me that they like him more than they like this team.

Spot On

Agree with you about people questioning my fanhood. Also I understand what you're saying about W/L's.

With that said I cant bring myself to root for the Texans to lose. even though I agree it would be best for the long term health of the franchise.

I would never look down on a fan that wants the Texans to lose meaningless games.

Texecutioner
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
There's no tough lesson to be learned from that!! JMO!!!

I think the lesson that needs to be learned here is mainly by you and a few others who get so down and out and offensive about the fact that other fans see a pile of **** and they don't want it shoved down their throats anymore, so they ask for just a little more of it for just a little while longer so hopefully they won't see several more seasons of it.

You are the one that needs to learn the hard lessons here in my opinion. Did you not watch the Capers era? How on earth did you not learn anything from that? You hang onto a coach to long and your team falls apart. Your quality players leave, and other high end free agents don't want to come here. Not that it matters any way, since this is one of the only teams in the league that hates the idea of "free agency". The capers era and the Carr extension was an easy example to learn from and say "Never Again" will I trust some HC like that unconditionally if he hasn't proven a lot early on to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even the fact that Kubes got extended last season and came back to suck again should have been another example, yet you still can't understand why other people would want to see change and root for whatever needs to happen to execute change.

This whole "I'll root my team on no matter how bad they are" mentality is exactly why Bob Mcnair operates the way he does. He knows he can do anything he wants to in this market and his babies will still sit on his lap like he's Santa Clause. If you have no expectations or standards then just say so, but stop criticizing others who do already. I highly doubt you'd go back to a restaurant that gave you food poisoning and got you sick. That would be going back to a place that gave you a bad product. The Texans are a business and their performance on the field is a bad product that makes it's fans sick. You don't continue to give unconditional support for a poisoned product.

Dishman
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM

The Internet (and you) are serious business.

steelbtexan
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Uncle BoB has away of extending QB's and HC's that stink just before their contracts expire. Uncle BoB's just a peach.

Texecutioner
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Spot On

Agree with you about people questioning my fanhood. Also I understand what you're saying about W/L's.

With that said I cant bring myself to root for the Texans to lose. even though I agree it would be best for the long term health of the franchise.

I would never look down on a fan that wants the Texans to lose meaningless games.

I get what you're saying and anyone who posts here consistently is a about as hard core of a fan as it gets. That's why I don't get this whole holier than thou attitude from the homers in here who think you're supposed to bow at the feet of Mcnair, these players, or this HC just because. They're just people with jobs that happen to work in Houston "for now." I don't know about you but I was here way before the Texans ever got here. I'm a Houstonian and have rooted for football teams here before they were here and if they leave at some point I'll root for whatever team comes next. I want to know that I'm rooting for a team that can win and go for it all though. I want to feel like I'm putting my time and efforts into an organization that cares about winning and is committed to it. When Mcnair fires Kubiak if that ever happens I'll be stoked and ready to root my ass off. Until then, I want them to lose so we can get a new guy in here. Someone who isn't a proven loser and someone that has a chance. With Kubiak here it's a waste of time.

markn
12-26-2010, 07:19 PM
The Texans are a business and their performance on the field is a bad product that makes it's fans sick. You don't continue to give unconditional support for a poisoned product.

The problem with this argument is that fans do exactly that, because they are fanatic. Logic dictates that your position is correct: losing out leads to higher draft picks, and therefore benefits the franchise. However, fanaticism defies logic; it makes people perform illogical acts like flying airplanes into buildings, streaking, spending a fortune on PSLs and merchandising, and believing that Kubiak may someday take the Texans to the playoffs.

NitroGSXR
12-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the lesson that needs to be learned here is mainly by you and a few others who get so down and out and offensive about the fact that other fans see a pile of **** and they don't want it shoved down their throats anymore, so they ask for just a little more of it for just a little while longer so hopefully they won't see several more seasons of it.

You are the one that needs to learn the hard lessons here in my opinion. Did you not watch the Capers era? How on earth did you not learn anything from that? You hang onto a coach to long and your team falls apart. Your quality players leave, and other high end free agents don't want to come here. Not that it matters any way, since this is one of the only teams in the league that hates the idea of "free agency". The capers era and the Carr extension was an easy example to learn from and say "Never Again" will I trust some HC like that unconditionally if he hasn't proven a lot early on to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even the fact that Kubes got extended last season and came back to suck again should have been another example, yet you still can't understand why other people would want to see change and root for whatever needs to happen to execute change.

This whole "I'll root my team on no matter how bad they are" mentality is exactly why Bob Mcnair operates the way he does. He knows he can do anything he wants to in this market and his babies will still sit on his lap like he's Santa Clause. If you have no expectations or standards then just say so, but stop criticizing others who do already. I highly doubt you'd go back to a restaurant that gave you food poisoning and got you sick. That would be going back to a place that gave you a bad product. The Texans are a business and their performance on the field is a bad product that makes it's fans sick. You don't continue to give unconditional support for a poisoned product.

Go Texans!! Start Andre and destroy the Jaguars!!

:fans:

JB
12-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I get what you're saying and anyone who posts here consistently is a about as hard core of a fan as it gets. That's why I don't get this whole holier than thou attitude from the homers in here who think you're supposed to bow at the feet of Mcnair, these players, or this HC just because. They're just people with jobs that happen to work in Houston "for now." I don't know about you but I was here way before the Texans ever got here. I'm a Houstonian and have rooted for football teams here before they were here and if they leave at some point I'll root for whatever team comes next. I want to know that I'm rooting for a team that can win and go for it all though. I want to feel like I'm putting my time and efforts into an organization that cares about winning and is committed to it. When Mcnair fires Kubiak if that ever happens I'll be stoked and ready to root my ass off. Until then, I want them to lose so we can get a new guy in here. Someone who isn't a proven loser and someone that has a chance. With Kubiak here it's a waste of time.

I understand what you are saying, but I root for the Houston Texans. I'm not rooting for Kubiak or Smith or McNair.

I am ready for some major changes in this franchise, but if I get a chance to go to the Jags game I will be cheering and yelling my head off. Just the way I am.

Rey
12-26-2010, 07:40 PM
The problem with this argument is that fans do exactly that, because they are fanatic. Logic dictates that your position is correct: losing out leads to higher draft picks, and therefore benefits the franchise. However, fanaticism defies logic; it makes people perform illogical acts like flying airplanes into buildings, streaking, spending a fortune on PSLs and merchandising, and believing that Kubiak may someday take the Texans to the playoffs.

I look at it as having kids. You love them to death. . . With every bone in your body. .

But if they are clearly going down the wrong path you may call the police on them, or send them to bootcamp or hope that they get caught in a minor trangression so that they can get on the right track and realize they are headed for trouble.

I understand your love for them doesn't allow you to want to see them behind bars, but hoping they don( get caught and will one day just figure it out is a gamble. Sometimes falling flat on your face can be a learning experince.

You don't want them to be locked up with the key thrown away, you just want them to learn a tough lesson.

People don( want their team to suck forever. .that is why they want the organization to be "scared Straight".

Losing these games helps to further bring awareness to how bad the situation really is. Winning meaningless games is like your child continuing to get away with petty shoplifting. It brings a false sense of security and does nothing to inspire a change.

No matter what happens I'll be a fan. But I won't always wish them success when they are doing wrong. If that makes me a bad fan in someone's eyes, oh well. . Bite me.

If comparing the team to your hypothtical kids isn't fanaticism I don't know what is.

Rey
12-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I root for the Houston Texans. I'm not rooting for Kubiak or Smith or McNair.

I am ready for some major changes in this franchise, but if I get a chance to go to the Jags game I will be cheering and yelling my head off. Just the way I am.

Jb, you speak so casually about your displeasure for the team but your use such imagery when talking about fans you don't agree with.

How about spewing some of that venom towards the actual cause of all this mess?

Ok you don't want them to lose. Great.

But why call out other fans and be so nonchalant towards the team?

JB
12-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Jb, you speak so casually about your displeasure for the team but your use such imagery when talking about fans you don't agree with.

What?

mussop
12-26-2010, 08:03 PM

I dont have an verifiable answer to that question but I bet the further you go down the more likely you are to miss. For instance I bet you are more likely to hit on a good player in the 5 to 10 range of the first round than in the 15 to 20 spots.

NitroGSXR
12-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Only one doing any calling out is you folk. Back to my scheduled programming of rooting for the Texans.

Hey McNair? Can you send out the invoices a little earlier this year? I'd like it to coincide with my tax refund better.

Go Texans.

:fans: :texan: :logo:

gary
12-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Today was the last draw for me as long as I know Gary and Frank are on the line next week for sure then I'll hope for a loss.

SheTexan
12-26-2010, 09:10 PM

Ok, how to respond. First of all, NO WHERE in any of my post will you find where I've stated I'm a fan of Gary Kubiak. Supporting the players on the field does not mean I support GK, FB, or RS!! I support my FOOTBALL TEAM who is out there playing a friggin GAME!! I refuse to allow myself to get caught up in the way the FO thinks or works. I have NO control over that, NONE, and I will not pretend that I do. Refusing to buy my season tickets, picketing the Jags game, acting like a fool over a GAME that I CHOOSE to participate in, just makes me look like a fool for loving the game in the first place, and for such a long time.

The Houston Texans are my favorite football team, and I will continue to support them as long as I call myself a fan of the game of football! Some of you guys are so arrogant you think you can control what a multibillionaire will do! Well, my fellow Texan fan, the joke will be on YOU!! If Bob McNair fires GK it will be because HE wants to, not because of what a few fans on a Texan message board wants! IF he decides to keep GK it will be HIS choice, and he really will NOT care if you ever enter the gates of Reliant again. You are correct, the NFL is a business and it's our choice, as fans, as to whether we want to keep shelling out money, time, and emotions on a bad product. If I quit it will because of the changes the NFL has made in a game I have loved for almost 60 yrs, not because my football team sucks!!

You seem to think I am indifferent to the way this year has turned out. WELLLLL, you are badly mistaken! I've been about as pissed off as the rest of you, but, I'm not ready to give up on my favorite team, or my fav game. This year is HISTORY, just like 36 yrs of Oiler fandom, and 10 yrs as a Houston Texan fan. 46 yrs of my life I've spent pulling for a LOSING team!!! Why should I stop now??!!

NOW the kicker!! I assure you, as a longtime fan of this game, my expectations and standards should NEVER be questioned!! I'm just wise enough to know not to stress over something that is out of my control.

spurstexanstros
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM

Call me old fashioned and even despite the outcome today . I find rooting for your team to lose a little dbagerry. I never root for my team to lose.

Go Texans.

Texecutioner
12-26-2010, 09:15 PM

And more power to you JB. Every franchise needs many fans of your kind. Your passion for this team and franchise is wonderful. Every franchise needs fans of all kinds though. If we "all" sat back and praised the owner, the coaching staff, and the players now matter how poor they got on or off the field, then there would never be a reason to get better or to have any real commitment. My perspective as a fan right now though is that this team has no chance of winning a SB under what we have, so I want whatever happening that needs to happen in order so they are out of here and some other form of management or staff is here that can get us there. You still have some type of hope in a next year sort of way in these guys to pull it around. I don't have any, and because of that I can't even fathom wanting meaningless wins that will keep them here to waste more seasons when losses could possibly bring a new HC that I feel could get us to a SB.

I want all the success in the world for this team and want to see a dynasty era at some point. But losing right now to get a HC quicker puts us at that place faster potentially by losing now to get a new HC, then it does to win now and replace our coach way later on. That's my perspective any way.

Heath Shuler
12-26-2010, 09:17 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdNZNz5MIHXCjqLvyH4VGPj4IQXIM8_ DOo7TDRTbRMx0Q2NrvNuw

spurstexanstros
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Why would any passionate fan care if this disgusts you or bothers you? Since you've been in here all I've seen you demonstrate is homerish excuses for this coaching staff and this regime and poor logic and reasoning for doing so and just a few weeks ago you were having meltdowns in here at people who even questioned this coaching staff. Yeah, you're someone that an informed fan should worry about. People who spend their money and time and emotions into an organization can do whatever the hell they want, and what you think about that means nothing just because you have this unconditional man crush for Bob Mcnair just because he owns a team that operates under the "Houston" name. I've rooted for the Texans to lose out the rest of the games last season and I did this season as well, and by the results it's been proven that I was spot on for doing so. I want change. I want a new general that I can believe in and don't have to question every game, and if you're such a passionate fan like you claim you "should" want the same thing.

It's unfortunate to me as a fan that so many people that root for this team care more about winning one or two meaningless games than they do the overall success of an organization as a whole. Rooting for the Texans at this point in the season is not rooting for the success of this franchise because there is nothing to gain. It's rooting for Kubiak to keep his job, because that's all that's on the line with these last few games and I can't believe anyone would root for Gary Kubiak at this point. That tells me that they like him more than they like this team.So I remember there were those rooting for the Texans to lose during the 2-14 season so we could get #1 pick How did that work out ? not too well.

You should never root against your team...never.

Before you guys go and question my fanhood take a guess who was sitting by himself in a BWW in SA TEXAS SURROUNDED BY Colts and broncos fans. I was there to root for my team. I love this team and will root for them to win no matter what the cost.I wasnt there to watch the tackling Kubiaks

Next week I am going to root for the Texans to beat the Jags because those lucky SOBS need to get some freaking payback and be knocked out of the playoffs by . Revenge is a beeeeyotch and i want it served to them like nobody's business.

and im not questioning anyonelses fanhood. I disagree with any Texan fan rooting for them to lose.

JB
12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
And more power to you JB. Every franchise needs many fans of your kind. Your passion for this team and franchise is wonderful. Every franchise needs fans of all kinds though. If we "all" sat back and praised the owner, the coaching staff, and the players now matter how poor they got on or off the field, then there would never be a reason to get better or to have any real commitment. My perspective as a fan right now though is that this team has no chance of winning a SB under what we have, so I want whatever happening that needs to happen in order so they are out of here and some other form of management or staff is here that can get us there. You still have some type of hope in a next year sort of way in these guys to pull it around. I don't have any, and because of that I can't even fathom wanting meaningless wins that will keep them here to waste more seasons when losses could possibly bring a new HC that I feel could get us to a SB.

I want all the success in the world for this team and want to see a dynasty era at some point. But losing right now to get a HC quicker puts us at that place faster potentially by losing now to get a new HC, then it does to win now and replace our coach way later on. That's my perspective any way.

We want the same things Tex. We want our team to win a SB. I just can't root for my team to lose. Ever. And I don't think that the fans will have an input into the decision. Like I said before, I thing big changes are needed. But I don't think that me wishing they would win or lose will have a bearing on McNair's decision, and I can't wish for them to lose.

Thorn
12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
You know, I'm thinking a good plan here is to turn on each other and insult each other. That should work quite well and get the Texans to a Super Bowl. :)

With that in mind, JB sucks.

JB
12-26-2010, 09:51 PM
You know, I'm thinking a good plan here is to turn on each other and insult each other. That should work quite well and get the Texans to a Super Bowl. :)

With that in mind, JB sucks.

:tiphat: Thank ya! Thank ya very much!

Dutchrudder
12-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm somewhat relieved that the Texans lost. There will be a huge logjam of teams with 5-6 wins this season, and we need to be at the top of that pile for a good draft position. We may have a top 10 pick at this rate! Nick Fairley or Steven Paeae (sp?) would really help this team next year.

steelbtexan
12-27-2010, 12:25 AM

Thanks for the neg rep. LOL

I refuse to neg rep anybody. But the mindset of you as a human being was way out of line. IMHO Glad to know you're judge and jury of the human mind.

I truly am very glad that somebody like you (Those that put their heads in the sand) and judge others character because they disagree with you.

You and I are on different levels of toleration and I'm very glad to be on a different level than you.

I've got to give it to people like Dex,JB, TB etc.... they may disagree with my point of view. But atleast we are able to discuss things without each others feelings getting hurt.

You might consider lightening up. Life is short.

Norg
12-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I would root for our team to lose but TBO they dont need our help to lose they seemed to have masterd the art of losing on there own :kubepalm:

5-11 what is that at least a top 10 pick right ????:kubepalm:

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 01:28 AM
I'd hate this fan base if we were 15-1 and #1 in everything.

I can't stand each and every last one of you regardless.

EDIT: it was obvious :sarcasm:

Lucky
12-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I'd hate this fan base if we were 15-1 and #1 in everything.

I can't stand each and every last one of you regardless.
And we so wanted you to like us. I feel just terrible.

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 02:07 AM
And we so wanted you to like us. I feel just terrible.

To be the man....

WOOO

You gotta beat the man!

WOOOOOOOOOO

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the neg rep. LOL

I refuse to neg rep anybody. But the mindset of you as a human being was way out of line. IMHO Glad to know you're judge and jury of the human mind.

I truly am very glad that somebody like you (Those that put their heads in the sand) and judge others character because they disagree with you.

You and I are on different levels of toleration and I'm very glad to be on a different level than you.

I've got to give it to people like Dex,JB, TB etc.... they may disagree with my point of view. But atleast we are able to discuss things without each others feelings getting hurt.

You might consider lightening up. Life is short.

No one's judge and jury of anything. It's my opinion, man. If someone roots for their team to lose under any circumstance, then I think it reflects poorly. Simple as that. No one has to agree with it, if they don't want to.

I don't really care to lighten up when my opinions continue to be misconstrued. That's why I downdinged your post. Honestly, if there should be no downdings, then the system shouldn't exist. Can't believe we're doing this run-around again. I mean, what do I have to do, make a thread about how much I hate Kubiak? Do I have to bring up examples and screenshots from other boards "proving" that I've wished for Kubiak's departure since last year? Just because I'm not willing to slam him at EVERY turn? I've admitted plenty of times that "as far as W/Ls go, the Smithiak era has been a failure."

I'm normally a very easy-going guy, but the reason I've been posting with an edge here is because if you're not touting the company line in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE, you're some sort of outcast it seems. I guess that's how it is in life anyway, just gotta get used to it.

If it comes across as me being too tightly wound up, then whatever. Everyone's on edge. This team has severely underperformed. BUT it's no way to foster a winning attitude amongst the players by losing. I guarantee "Uncle BoB" will get rid of Kubiak, or at least strongly shake up the coaching staff. I'm PRETTY SURE he sees what we're seeing. We're message board geeks. We're extreme fans. On every board I visit that's specific to a team I root for, people pound the **** out of a specific issue or person. For this board, it's Kubiak. For the Suns, its Turkoglu/lack of PF/ownership. For the Braves, it was Bobby Cox. For the Sabres, it's coach/GM.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not cut out for team-specific message boards. I understand it seems silly to think less of someone because they want their team to lose, but I think it does reflect poorly. I don't care to be told I'm trolling because I'm posting what I believe, like another dude said. Maybe I should just cut down on my posting, or something. I don't know.

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 02:35 AM
No one's judge and jury of anything. It's my opinion, man. If someone roots for their team to lose under any circumstance, then I think it reflects poorly. Simple as that. No one has to agree with it, if they don't want to.

I don't really care to lighten up when my opinions continue to be misconstrued. That's why I downdinged your post. Honestly, if there should be no downdings, then the system shouldn't exist. Can't believe we're doing this run-around again. I mean, what do I have to do, make a thread about how much I hate Kubiak? Do I have to bring up examples and screenshots from other boards "proving" that I've wished for Kubiak's departure since last year? Just because I'm not willing to slam him at EVERY turn? I've admitted plenty of times that "as far as W/Ls go, the Smithiak era has been a failure."

I'm normally a very easy-going guy, but the reason I've been posting with an edge here is because if you're not touting the company line in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE, you're some sort of outcast it seems. I guess that's how it is in life anyway, just gotta get used to it.

If it comes across as me being too tightly wound up, then whatever. Everyone's on edge. This team has severely underperformed. BUT it's no way to foster a winning attitude amongst the players by losing. I guarantee "Uncle BoB" will get rid of Kubiak, or at least strongly shake up the coaching staff. I'm PRETTY SURE he sees what we're seeing. We're message board geeks. We're extreme fans. On every board I visit that's specific to a team I root for, people pound the **** out of a specific issue or person. For this board, it's Kubiak. For the Suns, its Turkoglu/lack of PF/ownership. For the Braves, it was Bobby Cox. For the Sabres, it's coach/GM.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not cut out for team-specific message boards. I understand it seems silly to think less of someone because they want their team to lose, but I think it does reflect poorly. I don't care to be told I'm trolling because I'm posting what I believe, like another dude said. Maybe I should just cut down on my posting, or something. I don't know.

You soft.

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 02:37 AM
You soft.

Softer than our defense? :-/

texansdrummer
12-27-2010, 02:37 AM

Pretty much dead on.....there's hardly ever any room for "moderation" here. As far as rationality and logic?....you're entirely in the wrong place. Strive for "moderation" and expect disappointment. Strive for rational thought and/or logic? Don't even waste your time.....

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Softer than our defense? :-/

wtf is defense? I just gave up 612 yards passing in madden...(and won)...****'s contagious.

GuerillaBlack
12-27-2010, 09:59 AM

tl;dr

Anyway, you just need to stop being so damn sensitive handing out negative reps to people that don't agree with you. Questioning people on this board's character as a human being because they want their team to lose this last game. Dude, it's really not that serious. Football is just entertainment. That kind of stuff you post just makes you look childish. You need to lighten up bro. Get you some poontang.

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 04:27 PM
tl;dr

Anyway, you just need to stop being so damn sensitive handing out negative reps to people that don't agree with you. Questioning people on this board's character as a human being because they want their team to lose this last game. Dude, it's really not that serious. Football is just entertainment. That kind of stuff you post just makes you look childish. You need to lighten up bro. Get you some poontang.

Why even respond with the same garbage that made me angry enough to type that long response in the first place? Maybe you should read before responding to understand my point of view.

TheCD
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Perhaps you aren't. There are lots of times us posters don't agree with one another. Topics can get very heated, but as long as you are sticking to the argument and not attackig someone's character then it is fine.

Negative rep'ing someone because they would like the team to lose and get a higher draft pick is Bush League. Saying something that is hurtful about them because of it is just low.

What if the difference between winning and losing is that one player that turns everything around? You think the team isn't kicking themselves because A.P. was taken one spot ahead of us...with which we picked Okoye?

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Perhaps you aren't. There are lots of times us posters don't agree with one another. Topics can get very heated, but as long as you are sticking to the argument and not attackig someone's character then it is fine.

Negative rep'ing someone because they would like the team to lose and get a higher draft pick is Bush League. Saying something that is hurtful about them because of it is just low.

What if the difference between winning and losing is that one player that turns everything around? You think the team isn't kicking themselves because A.P. was taken one spot ahead of us...with which we picked Okoye?

I downdinged him because he falsely presented my thoughts, not because he was rooting against the team.

^^^^^

This is BS

That's what I dinged down. I've said (even once or twice directly to him, I'm pretty sure) many times that I don't really want Kubiak around, and haven't for a while now. I'm sick of being lumped into "those who think the Smithiak Era hasn't been a failure" just because I'm not going to bust balls about him and the coaching staff with every single post or thread I make. THATS why I dinged him down. Not because he disagreed with me.

And yeah it might be low to say that I think it reflects poorly on someone's character to wish for the team they root for to lose, but I think it's just as low to root for your team to lose. Oh well.

And meh @ the draft. It's all a crapshoot. We could have taken Willis (went #11) but we went with Okoye (#10). Peterson was 2 spots ahead of us.

Pantherstang84
12-27-2010, 04:42 PM
tl;dr

It cures everything.

GuerillaBlack
12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
^^It does, sir. It does.

I downdinged him because he falsely presented my thoughts, not because he was rooting against the team.

That's what I dinged down. I've said (even once or twice directly to him, I'm pretty sure) many times that I don't really want Kubiak around, and haven't for a while now. I'm sick of being lumped into "those who think the Smithiak Era hasn't been a failure" just because I'm not going to bust balls about him and the coaching staff with every single post or thread I make. THATS why I dinged him down. Not because he disagreed with me.

And yeah it might be low to say that I think it reflects poorly on someone's character to wish for the team they root for to lose, but I think it's just as low to root for your team to lose. Oh well.

And meh @ the draft. It's all a crapshoot. We could have taken Willis (went #11) but we went with Okoye (#10). Peterson was 2 spots ahead of us.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten the hell up. What he posted did not deserve a neg rep. If you disagreed, give him some positive rep, but explain your disagreement in the comment and move on. Seems like you hold onto things for too long and try to get back at people by neg repping. As if that does anything in real life, but it's annoying to see on the forums where most people just come to vent and relax.

As for this:

It's pretty stupid to question someone's character because they want their team to lose a few meaningless games to get a better draft pick and a new GM/Coach regime. What do the Texans gain for winning this last game? A worse draft selection? Possibility Kubiak can stay again (though I HIGHLY doubt he comes back now)? Pride? That pride left the game after Andre fought Innegan. Should people question your character as a human being because you want your team to win, thus giving them a lower draft position (so less of a chance at getting a better player to help the team)?

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Whatever, bro. You have your way of thinking about things, and I have my way. If people want to think poorly of me for wanting to WIN no matter WHAT, then that's fine.

I don't try to "get back" at people by dinging them down. I'm utilizing the function because its there. It's not some sort of twisted revenge, lol. And earlier, someone said "nice to know who's judge and jury of the mind". Well, I'm sure glad that we now know who decides what is worthy of a "neg-rep" and what isnt. Take a bit of your own advice then. It's just a message board, not that serious. You guys tout around the "OMG he neg-repped me, lmfao" crap way too much.

Mr. White
12-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Whatever, bro. You have your way of thinking about things, and I have my way. If people want to think poorly of me for wanting to WIN no matter WHAT, then that's fine.

I don't try to "get back" at people by dinging them down. I'm utilizing the function because its there. It's not some sort of twisted revenge, lol. And earlier, someone said "nice to know who's judge and jury of the mind". Well, I'm sure glad that we now know who decides what is worthy of a "neg-rep" and what isnt. Take a bit of your own advice then. It's just a message board, not that serious. You guys tout around the "OMG he neg-repped me, lmfao" crap way too much.

Just because the function is there doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

When people disagree around here, they usually say so. Usually, the people that hand out neg rep are the people that take **** way too personal.

TheMatrix31
12-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Just because the function is there doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

When people disagree around here, they usually say so. Usually, the people that hand out neg rep are the people that take **** way too personal.

I guess that's "usually". I'm a pretty unusual fellow. Didn't say when I signed up that the function isn't to be used, and if it is, do so in a certain way. I definitely say why I disagree anyway. It's, like I said, when words get twisted and ideas get misrepresented that I'll dish out the downdings. Ain't nothing personal here, dont get confused.

ThaShark316
12-27-2010, 07:01 PM
^^It does, sir. It does.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten the hell up. What he posted did not deserve a neg rep. If you disagreed, give him some positive rep, but explain your disagreement in the comment and move on. Seems like you hold onto things for too long and try to get back at people by neg repping. As if that does anything in real life, but it's annoying to see on the forums where most people just come to vent and relax.

As for this:

It's pretty stupid to question someone's character because they want their team to lose a few meaningless games to get a better draft pick and a new GM/Coach regime. What do the Texans gain for winning this last game? A worse draft selection? Possibility Kubiak can stay again (though I HIGHLY doubt he comes back now)? Pride? That pride left the game after Andre fought Innegan. Should people question your character as a human being because you want your team to win, thus giving them a lower draft position (so less of a chance at getting a better player to help the team)?

Your avatar is pink. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/jay2.gif

Blake
12-27-2010, 09:15 PM
At this point in the season, under these circumstances, I dont want a W. I want a new coaching staff and a top CB in the 2011 draft.

Some will think my comments say I am not a "true fan" whatever that is, but that is silly. I am just looking towards the future of this franchise.

Texan_Bill
12-27-2010, 09:30 PM
My thoughts on another thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1618501&postcount=16

EDIT: Don't be a ****ing loser!!!

Wolf
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
At this point in the season, under these circumstances, I dont want a W. I want a new coaching staff and a top CB in the 2011 draft.

Some will think my comments say I am not a "true fan" whatever that is, but that is silly. I am just looking towards the future of this franchise.

I expect the Texans to whip the jaguars ass and knock them out of any hope of getting to the playoffs, it is what we do.

I want a win, but I am conflicted right now with this last game. right now if I recall, we are picking 8th and if we lose, we could go up a few spots, if we win we could drop to 12th or 14th.

is the 8th pick good enough to get one of the top CB's coming out or an impact player? how much would we need to trade to move up from 12th or 14th (I don't want to see picks disappear we need them all)

Should we showcase Dan O for some gamefilm for the new coach coming in and see if Dan worth the money as a back up?

steelbtexan
12-27-2010, 11:07 PM

Show me where you said anything of the sorts. You dinged me over something you're pretty sure of. I'm pretty sure you're angry and not getting enough POONTANG and anybody that carries themselves the way you present youself on this MB should not be suprised by the lack of POONTANG in their life. (Atleast I'm pretty sure)

TheMatrix31
12-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Show me where you said anything of the sorts. You dinged me over something you're pretty sure of. I'm pretty sure you're angry and not getting enough POONTANG and anybody that carries themselves the way you present youself on this MB should not be suprised by the lack of POONTANG in their life. (Atleast I'm pretty sure)

lmao, so you're now going to insult me about something you have no idea about? REALLY dude? That's like, Lame Internet Tactic #1. Oh, the guy comes across with an edge, obviously he doesn't get laid enough! LMFAO. Jesus CHRIST man.

I'm not going to sit here and link you to all the instances of me saying I haven't wanted Kubiak around since last year, and that you guys would know that if I were a member of the board since that time. Go look through my prior posts if you care that much.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1614231&postcount=33

This was one post of mine, directed at you a WEEK ago. Nice memory you have. And in looking for that specific post from a week ago, I came across a couple other instances of me mentioning the same thing to others, and that's just in the last week.

drs23
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I expect the Texans to whip the jaguars ass and knock them out of any hope of getting to the playoffs, it is what we do.

I want a win, but I am conflicted right now with this last game. right now if I recall, we are picking 8th and if we lose, we could go up a few spots, if we win we could drop to 12th or 14th.

is the 8th pick good enough to get one of the top CB's coming out or an impact player? how much would we need to trade to move up from 12th or 14th (I don't want to see picks disappear we need them all)

Should we showcase Dan O for some gamefilm for the new coach coming in and see if Dan worth the money as a back up?

I've been following the folks in the draft section and many if not most want a top flight CB or a space eating tackle. If this staff is still in place is there ANY chance they draft a CB. Wouldn't that be like admitting they made a mistake. I see too much ego in the GM chair and also in the HC position. Am I way off base here???

Blake
12-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I've been following the folks in the draft section and many if not most want a top flight CB or a space eating tackle. If this staff is still in place is there ANY chance they draft a CB. Wouldn't that be like admitting they made a mistake. I see too much ego in the GM chair and also in the HC position. Am I way off base here???

You make a valid point. Nobody can say for certain who this staff would draft, vs. a new staff. I dont believe either staff could count out a secondary player with their first selection.

I dont think it would be admitting that they made a mistake because it never hurts to have multiple talented cornerbacks. Teams double dip at that position all the time. Especially since there can be up to 5 DB's on a certain play from time to time. We are seeing alot more spread offenses. 5 wide and so on.

drs23
12-28-2010, 02:31 PM
You make a valid point. Nobody can say for certain who this staff would draft, vs. a new staff. I dont believe either staff could count out a secondary player with their first selection.

I dont think it would be admitting that they made a mistake because it never hurts to have multiple talented cornerbacks. Teams double dip at that position all the time. Especially since there can be up to 5 DB's on a certain play from time to time. We are seeing alot more spread offenses. 5 wide and so on.

Good to hear. Then there's still hope!