PDA

View Full Version : What was up with Kubiak wearing gloves?

hollywood_texan
12-23-2010, 03:07 PM
To some of you guys, you probably remember me. Long time, no post. To catch up you other guys up, I was a very big skeptic on Carr and labeled McNair more as the problem to the woes of our team.

Anyway, I am in Europe now. Currently, it is night time here, I am in Nuremburg, drinking Becks beer, 4.9% I might add, and reflecting on watching the Texans debacle while I was in Rome. I was fortunate to to walk by an Irish pub down the street from the horse statue thing that was showing all the NFL games.

So, picture this, I am in Rome, at an Irish pub, watching the Texans, eating nachos grande while slamming Coronas. The game begins and I see Kubiak wearing gloves while holding his Denny's menu. I explain my issue regarding the gloves to another American in the bar. The guy's response was, "you don't you like that guy, do you?"

So, can someone fill me in on the Kubiak glove deal? Is that not Carr redux?

kiwitexansfan
12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
To some of you guys, you probably remember me. Long time, no post. To catch up you other guys up, I was a very big skeptic on Carr and labeled McNair more as the problem to the woes of our team.

Anyway, I am in Europe now. Currently, it is night time here, I am in Nuremburg, drinking Becks beer, 4.9% I might add, and reflecting on watching the Texans debacle while I was in Rome. I was fortunate to to walk by an Irish pub down the street from the horse statue thing that was showing all the NFL games.

So, picture this, I am in Rome, at an Irish pub, watching the Texans, eating nachos grande while slamming Coronas. The game begins and I see Kubiak wearing gloves while holding his Denny's menu. I explain my issue regarding the gloves to another American in the bar. The guy's response was, "you don't you like that guy, do you?"

Ummmmm, I'm going to guess he had cold hands.

How is this worth a post?

hollywood_texan
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM

It seems very relevant considering when David Carr started wearing gloves in his tenure as a Texan.

Maybe it's nothing and I am completely oblivious since I am not in Texas anymore.

I still watch the games though...

mattieuk
12-23-2010, 03:19 PM
It seems very relevant considering when David Carr started wearing gloves in his tenure as a Texan.

Maybe it's nothing and I am completely oblivious since I am not in Texas anymore.

David Carr did earn his wage by throwing a ball though (well, 'earn' his wage is used bery liberally here).

There is plenty of things to rip on Kubes about before getting to his gloves.

axman40
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Why was Kubiak wearing gloves ?
He was practicing for his new career in proctology?
:peek:

OzzO
12-23-2010, 03:49 PM
It allows him to get a better grip on the menu to make sure they don't stray from the script on matter how far behind they get in the score.....

.... or he was cold.

Showtime100
12-23-2010, 04:22 PM

Good to see you posting, Hollywood. I hope your stay abroad is working well for you. :)

rmartin65
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I want Kubes out as much as anyone... but this is ridiculous.

I like wearing shorts, but when it gets cold, I put on jeans.

I like wearing short sleeved shirts, but when it gets cold I put on a jacket or a hoodie.

I like my hands the way they are, but when it gets cold, I put on gloves.

I am sure Kubiak was thinking much along the same lines.

alphajoker
12-23-2010, 04:25 PM

I think the bigger question is why are you drinking Beck's Beer? You can find that import anywhere. You should be throwing down some local bavarian beer like Hofbrau or Paulaner. Now that's some good beer.

:wesmantexanfan:

False Start
12-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Whats up with Kubes making dumbass decisions? ;)

Old School
12-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Maybe he was trying to channel Dan Marino!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ace-ventura-isotoner-gloves_510.jpg%3Fw%3D510%26&imgrefurl=http://www.overoll.com/Content/Con-King-Steven-Russell-He-Still-Loves-Phillip-Morris-/2010/12/4/413719.news&usg=__yr2Bg4e66SaELOxAOzB31_rOn-g=&h=287&w=510&sz=27&hl=en&start=9&zoom=1&tbnid=Rh3V8ybw3EloVM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddan%2Bmarino%2Bisotoners%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DXDF%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D562%26tbs%3Disch: 1%26prmd%3Divnso&itbs=1
http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ace-ventura-isotoner-gloves_510.jpg?w=510&

Welcome back Hollywooooooood!

CloakNNNdagger
12-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Good to see you back, Hollywood.

Revolution
12-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Nevermind...

Revolution
12-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Rep!

bckey
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
How are you liking the military Hollywood? I think you should post on here periodically about your experiences as an older boot recruit. I think what you did at your age is commendable to say the least. Really good to hear from you.

I second the motion on the Paulaner. Oktoberfest!

hollywood_texan
12-24-2010, 03:28 AM
On the Kubiak glove thing, it just reminds me when Kubiak turns his back on the last play of the game because he can't stand to watch the end. Then there is the Carr situation of wearing gloves towards the tailend of his career in Houston.

You guys are pretty funny about a lot of stuff and I was trying to get the creative juices flowing on the Kubiak glove wearing subject. I guess it is a dead end. But, I tried.

Thanks for all the hellos and I hope everyone is doing well.

On the topic of drinking Becks beer. The Beck's I drink is not imported to the states. I have had the local/regional brewed beer, but Beck's just seems better to me.

I'll post my personal experiences in another forum to keep the topic on the Texans!

scourge
12-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Good to see you posting, Hollywood. I hope your stay abroad is working well for you. :)

Good to see you back, Hollywood.

How are you liking the military Hollywood? I think you should post on here periodically about your experiences as an older boot recruit. I think what you did at your age is commendable to say the least. Really good to hear from you.

I second the motion on the Paulaner. Oktoberfest!

What they said...

SAMURAITEXAN
12-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Welcome back Hollywood. How's the life in Europe?

About Kubiak, probably cold.