PDA

View Full Version : FIRE the Coaches ...OK what about da players !!!

Norg
12-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Ok firing the coaches is only half the solution What Scrubs do yall want to kick 2 the
Curve ??????????????

Matt Leinart
Vonta Leach
Derrick Ward
Jacoby Jones
Owen Daniels
Chris Myers
Eric Winston
Jarvis Green
Damione Lewis
DeMario Pressley
Zac Diles
Xavier Adibi
Jason Allen
Brice McCain
Bernard Pollard
Eugene Wilson
Matt Turk
Dominique Barber
Darnell Bing
Mike Brisiel
André Davis
Mario Williams

all deez Scrubs

Kimmy
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Ok firing the coaches is only half the solution What Scrubs do yall want to kick 2 the Curve ??????????????

Eric Winston

Doppelganger
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Steve Slaton, Jacoby Jones, Bernard Pollard, and Matt Turk would be a good start.

brakos82
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Anybody with "DB" as their tag.

dalemurphy
12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Steve Slaton, Jacoby Jones, Bernard Pollard, and Matt Turk would be a good start.

Pollard... are you nuts!?

He's a valuable player. He just isn't a cover 2 safety. When they let him attack, he's a good player.

Norg
12-21-2010, 07:11 PM

U know i still Have faith in Steve SLaton has a RUnning Back

I would keep him over Ward since Ward is a little older and i think slaton could give more production

and i think Foster/SLaton duo would be great IMO :kitten:

Norg
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM

He's a valuable player. He just isn't a cover 2 safety. When they let him attack, he's a good player.

He can only stay if he takes Less money i think he could be a heck of a Special Teams PLayer and have him bulk up and change to a OLB

thats what i would do with him

if not CUT !!!!!!!!

HTown2ATX
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM

Dude....I see what you're trying to say and he can hit.....but he doesn't cover for shit regarless of scheme. Roy Williams v.2 is all he is.

I do say keep him. But get some safety help in here ASAP!!!!!

gary
12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Who would replace Winston for the ZBS? If Gary does stay.

JB
12-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I have tried to restrain myself from commenting on your posts Norg, but this... this... this must be the worst OP in any thread, on any board ever!

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic _fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Vonta Leach is a scrub???
Derrick Ward is a scrub???
Owen Daniels is a scrub???
Eric Winston is a scrub???
Bernard Pollard is a scrub???

Mario Williams is a scrub???

WTF is the matter with you?!!!

Thorn
12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Fire norg!!

Fire JB!!

Fire that bastard Thorn, I can't stand that dude.

gary
12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Fire them all and FYI, OD is coming off major injury.

JB
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Fire norg!!

Fire JB!!

:lol: 2 out of three ain't bad...

Doppelganger
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM

A Strong Safety has three jobs:
1. Hit Hard
2. Tackle
3. Cover

This year all he can do is hit. He has missed too many tackles and his cover skills are poor. I would rather sacrifice the hard hit for a guy who could cover and tackle. 2 out of 3 is a lot better than 1 out of 3.

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Fire norg!!

Fire JB!!

And Fire Brakos, he's a lunatic.

JB
12-21-2010, 08:05 PM

You got that right! I think he is the president of looney or something.

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
U know i still Have faith in Steve SLaton has a RUnning Back

I would keep him over Ward since Ward is a little older and i think slaton could give more production

and i think Foster/SLaton duo would be great IMO :kitten:

7 seasons for Ward..... 3 seasons for Slaton

Fumbles:
Ward: 4 fumbles.
Slaton: 10 fumbles.

Average yards per carry - career (again 7 seasons for Ward, 3 for Slaton).
Ward: 4.8
Slaton: 4.3

Average yards per carry this season
Ward: 5.5
Slaton: 4.9

Should I keep going??? Ward, while in his 7th season, doesn't have that much wear on his tires...

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
You got that right! I think he is the president of looney or something.

Yeah, let's impeach the bastard. :lol:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, let's impeach the bastard. :lol:

I'm all for impeaching the president of looney!! That sumbitch is one looney m-effer!

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Although the VP isn't much better..... :thinking:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Although the VP isn't much better..... :thinking:

I like the VP... Hell, I love the VP!!! I think he's a swell guy!!! :ahhaha:

TexansSeminole
12-21-2010, 08:31 PM
All deez scrubs, yo.

JB
12-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I like the VP... Hell, I love the VP!!! I think he's a swell guy!!! :ahhaha:

Damn! I don't remember who is who anymore! http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/smileys/old_man_SMILEY.gif

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
It's Thorn.... VP's always an old fart.

Pantherstang84
12-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, back to the OP question. How about we let the potentially new coaching staff decide which players stay and which ones go.

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Damn! I don't remember who is who anymore! http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/smileys/old_man_SMILEY.gif

Some great guy in need of some venison.... Just sayin'!

JB
12-21-2010, 08:45 PM

I just remember I am the prime minister of booze & weed & women or something like that.

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Yes.... Yes he is!!!! :francis:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Fire norg!!

Fire JB!!

So Thorn, you're okay with me?? If not, KISS MY A$$!!! ;)

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 08:48 PM

:foottap:

I thought it was me!!! *heads to Treasures*

Ryan
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Fire Andre Johnson!! What a n00b scrub scrub n00b...n00b scrub.

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, back to the OP question. How about we let the potentially new coaching staff decide which players stay and which ones go.

This thread deserves a hijack. :lion:

I just remember I am the prime minister of booze & weed & women or something like that.

FDA - Free Drugs Administration.

JB
12-21-2010, 08:50 PM
This thread deserves a hijack. :lion:

Damn right!

FDA - Free Drugs Administration.

What thread was that anyway?

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
What thread was that anyway?
One with Melonheads in it..... :thinking:

JB
12-21-2010, 08:53 PM
One with Melonheads in it..... :thinking:

That doesn't narrow it down much! :foottap:

brakos82
12-21-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78199

Thorn
12-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I think everyone should be fired. :)

And that includes all outer space aliens who are screwing up our team and infecting this BBS.

JB
12-21-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78199

Wow! I missed so much of that. Oh what fun I could have had... :evil:

Kimmy
12-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Anyone who doesn't have double digit penalties for holding/offsides, half of which were committed on 3rd and shorts.

I know he's your boy, and I respect that; it's just time for him to move on to his broadcasting/endorsement career

Norg
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM

ANy other Big dude who plays anything near ZBS or a ZBS system

WInston plays Dude on Roller Skates :kitten:

Norg
12-21-2010, 10:28 PM
7 seasons for Ward..... 3 seasons for Slaton

Fumbles:
Ward: 4 fumbles.
Slaton: 10 fumbles.

Average yards per carry - career (again 7 seasons for Ward, 3 for Slaton).
Ward: 4.8
Slaton: 4.3

Average yards per carry this season
Ward: 5.5
Slaton: 4.9

Should I keep going??? Ward, while in his 7th season, doesn't have that much wear on his tires...

Not really Fair since MOre then half of the season SLaton was on da Bench has a RB

Big Lou
12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Ok firing the coaches is only half the solution What Scrubs do yall want to kick 2 the
Curve ??????????????

Matt Leinart 1 year deal, league minimum
Vonta Leach Pay the man Rick
Derrick Ward 2 year deal, a little above league min.
Jacoby Jones 1 year deal, low ball, if not see ya
Owen Daniels If we can sign cheap, then trade
Chris Myers low ball
Eric Winston sign, but nothing approaching the last deal he got
Jarvis Green whatever
Damione Lewis " "
DeMario Pressley " "
Zac Diles with Sharpton showing promise, low ball as insurance
Xavier Adibi league min, special teams
Jason Allen 1 year deal, best CB on the team
Brice McCain whatever
Bernard Pollard 2 year low ball deal based on this years performance
Eugene Wilson see ya
Matt Turk Turk see the other "Turk"
Dominique Barber whatever
Darnell Bing whatever
Mike Brisiel league min or see ya
André Davis who?? just kidding, league min, or see ya
Mario Williams Sign to big contract but not the highest paid thats for sure

all deez Scrubs

My answers in red. These guys value will be determined by the new scheme once Bushy is gone, there may be a couple of gems in the D once someone better than Madden 1996 coaches the D. Should be an interesting offseason.

infantrycak
12-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Curve ??????????????

Matt Leinart
Vonta Leach
Derrick Ward
Jacoby Jones
Owen Daniels
Chris Myers
Eric Winston
Jarvis Green
Damione Lewis
DeMario Pressley
Zac Diles
Xavier Adibi
Jason Allen
Brice McCain
Bernard Pollard
Eugene Wilson
Matt Turk
Dominique Barber
Darnell Bing
Mike Brisiel
André Davis
Mario Williams

all deez Scrubs

Seriously why are there 42 well now 43 responses to this crap? Any post that describes Leach as a scrub doesn't deserve any response in compliance with the forum rules.

brakos82
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Seriously why are there 42 well now 43 responses to this crap? Any post that describes Leach as a scrub doesn't deserve any response in compliance with the forum rules.
We tried hijacking the thread, don't blame me. :nolisten:

Big Lou
12-21-2010, 10:49 PM

I didn't even read the scrub part. I'm pretty sure Mario isn't a scrub although he's no Reggie Bush.............

:sarcasm:

TheIronDuke
12-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Norg is the worst poster in the history of message boards so I haven't read the thread but just thought I'd point out the fact that NORG IS THE WORST POSTER IN THE HISTORY OF MESSAGE BOARDS.

Norg
12-22-2010, 12:05 AM
My answers in red. These guys value will be determined by the new scheme once Bushy is gone, there may be a couple of gems in the D once someone better than Madden 1996 coaches the D. Should be an interesting offseason.

Does low ball me Keep these guyz

when i mean cut which is about 22 right here i fully expect them to replace them with about 14 Great PLayers better then these fools Through Draft F/A and Undrafted players

how are we going to affford to play these scrubs and Still get better coaches and PLayers ????????????

55 player roster not every one is going to make it u know there will be other players out there that dont play like the worst D and O in the history of the NFL

Norg
12-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Norg is the worst poster in the history of message boards so I haven't read the thread but just thought I'd point out the fact that NORG IS THE WORST POSTER IN THE HISTORY OF MESSAGE BOARDS.

I made this thread for yall to also list the players who "YOU" think need to go

ALl yall did was post not so funny Texts :kitten:

Norg
12-22-2010, 12:25 AM

Leech is OLd now this is a FB ive never seen leech do this since hes been here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzmNUcLG2M

this dude looks like a beast FB

infantrycak
12-22-2010, 12:42 AM

Leach is 29 which is not old for a FB.

That was a nothing run.

Leach doesn't decide if the coaches hand him the ball.

Leach is getting national attention as one of the best FB's in the league but according to you he is an old scrub.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2010, 09:22 AM

You know what, I've always thought you were some new age youngster who types and spells everything like they text and I just kind of laughed at it. But dude, you're absolutely clueless. Leach is a huge reason we have a running game and you'd know that if you knew anything about football.

Geez, is there a way to ban people from starting new threads? It's like johnsonfan all over again.

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2010, 09:29 AM

Mods, please lock and send this thread to interweb purgatory. It's making my eyes bleed! :kubepalm:

eriadoc
12-22-2010, 09:32 AM
If you replace the coach, the player problem will shake out by itself. It happened for Kubiak. The problem with Kubiak is he drafted poorly in some areas and didn't demand accountability on the defensive side of the ball. If a new coach comes in, the players that aren't getting it done will be fired by that coach. The question then becomes who that coach replaces them with and how he develops those players.

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
You know what, I've always thought you were some new age youngster who types and spells everything like they text and I just kind of laughed at it. But dude, you're absolutely clueless. Leach is a huge reason we have a running game and you'd know that if you knew anything about football.

Geez, is there a way to ban people from starting new threads? It's like johnsonfan all over again.

Come on man! That is selling our dear friend johnsonfan short. Compared to the posts by norg in this thread, that cockroach post is rhodes scholar worthy!

HOU-TEX
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Come on man! That is selling our dear friend johnsonfan short. Compared to the posts by norg in this thread, that cockroach post is rhodes scholar worthy!

Ok, ok, so I went a little overboard. I was a little peeved it had the nerve to call out Tha Beast

Señor Stan
12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Mr. Norg, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

burro
12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Dan Orlovsky needs to go just on principle. Besides that, Slaton and Jacoby could be traded for something I think. All in all, I'm not anxious to nuke the roster what so ever. I see a lot of talent being improperly utilized. Let's see what the guys can do with better coaching.

Norg
12-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Dan Orlovsky needs to go just on principle. Besides that, Slaton and Jacoby could be traded for something I think. All in all, I'm not anxious to nuke the roster what so ever. I see a lot of talent being improperly utilized. Let's see what the guys can do with better coaching.

U would keep Lineart over DANO TBO i think Dano has more upside then lineart IMO

burro
12-22-2010, 02:37 PM
U would keep Lineart over DANO TBO i think Dano has more upside then lineart IMO

Based on what? Leinart is no Joe Montana, but at least he can keep track of his helmet and, as far as I know, has never ran out of the back of the endzone for a safety. Frankly, us picking up Orlovsky in the first place was sort of a WTF moment for me.

El Tejano
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Fire them all and FYI, OD is coming off major injury.

Yeah but he's starting to show that he's coming off the injury now.

El Tejano
12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Curve ??????????????

Matt Leinartstay
Vonta Leach I wouldn't even think of letting this guy go
Derrick Ward He's working out for us. A full season of knowing the offense, plus he is a good pass protector and will do wonders for Tate
Jacoby Jones I would not let go. I just think we need to upgrade
Owen DanielsVery tricky here. On one side he's hurt and Dreesen is making plays but on the other end, Owen has been showing some signs of the old Owen Daniels and is making some plays
Chris MyersHe's played fairly well, even against some good DTs but I would still upgrade
Eric Winston Not even thinking of letting him go
Jarvis Green Who? Bye!
Damione LewisEverytime I see him, he's making a play. Other than that I don't really know what to think of him.
DeMario PressleyBye
Zac Diles Upgrade
Xavier AdibiBye
Jason AllenStays
Brice McCainBye
Bernard PollardStays
Eugene WilsonBye
Matt TurkBye
Dominique BarberBye
Darnell BingOh he stays
Mike BrisielHe stays
André DavisLiked him while he was healthy, our WR corp is too deep. It would only be for special teams if you stayed but looks as if we have some young talent that we could give a try. Bye!
Mario WilliamsGet him a DT and another DE

all deez Scrubs

Alot of these guys aren't scrubs. I do believe that there are a few that we could stand to upgrade. I've said all along that if a standout receiver were to fall to us in any round, we should go ahead and get him because AJ needs a legitimate #2.

My thoughts are in blue in the quote.

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Not really Fair since MOre then half of the season SLaton was on da Bench has a RB

That is more than fair. Slaton has had his opportunities and regressed. He dances in the backfield and has little to no vision. Ward has proven he is a nice spell back that can protect the football and get yards. In less than a third of the playing time, slaton has 2.5 times the fumbles.

This seriously is top 5 of most ridiculous threads I have read on this mb in 5 years. I seriously question your sanity/football knowledge. Check that. I only question your sanity, because you clearly have no football knowledge.

You are a slaton apologist, and say Leach is a scrub. You must be in fact, Steve Slaton.

I wouldn't be surprised. After hearing those wingstop commercials, Slaton sounded like he would have a problem with spelling/grammar/proper capitalization. Laughable

Norg
12-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Alot of these guys aren't scrubs. I do believe that there are a few that we could stand to upgrade. I've said all along that if a standout receiver were to fall to us in any round, we should go ahead and get him because AJ needs a legitimate #2.

My thoughts are in blue in the quote.

THats all fine and dandy but does upgrade mean Keep them and also upgrade u know how much money that would be no only resign like 10 guys but also sign another 10 guyz to upgrade

along with prob having to get new coaches do u really think mr tight books is really going 2 do that ?????????

Norg
12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
That is more than fair. Slaton has had his opportunities and regressed. He dances in the backfield and has little to no vision. Ward has proven he is a nice spell back that can protect the football and get yards. In less than a third of the playing time, slaton has 2.5 times the fumbles.

This seriously is top 5 of most ridiculous threads I have read on this mb in 5 years. I seriously question your sanity/football knowledge. Check that. I only question your sanity, because you clearly have no football knowledge.

You are a slaton apologist, and say Leach is a scrub. You must be in fact, Steve Slaton.

I wouldn't be surprised. After hearing those wingstop commercials, Slaton sounded like he would have a problem with spelling/grammar/proper capitalization. Laughable

Well u watch and see this off season i bet SLaton will be here next year and Ward is on the chopping block .....

Norg
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah but he's starting to show that he's coming off the injury now.

Yeah so was Dunta and we canned his ass whats your point OD will be wanting to get payed Starting TE money and i ganturee thats not what the texans are going to show his agent

drs23
12-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Well u watch and see this off season i bet SLaton will be here next year and Ward is on the chopping block .....

I would consult a financial adviser before I wagered on that, personally. If he told me to make that bet, I'd fire him. Just sayin'.

Dutchrudder
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I think I just lost 8 IQ points by reading this thread...

thunderkyss
12-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Butler!!

thunderkyss
12-22-2010, 07:29 PM

That's one of the problems of this regime.

:kubepalm:

Jackie Chiles
12-22-2010, 07:43 PM
http://unbillablehours.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ralph_wiggum_800_1.gif

brakos82
12-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I think I just lost 8 IQ points by reading this thread...

He should go to the official boards, the cumulative IQ of both boards would increase.

JB
12-22-2010, 07:58 PM
He should go to the official boards, the cumulative IQ of both boards would increase.

:spit:

gary
12-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Butler!!How about blaming the Crappy D? And not running the football after it had been working? The list goes on. Poor clock managment and ST play for some reason. Shaub throwing a lame duck even after the line has held up. Why? The offence as a whold gets going in the second half. Is the first half all due to Winston? No. Does he have bad plays? Sure, but he is not the reason we are headed towards 5-11 right now. I'd look elsewhere when it comes to the troubles of the 2010 Houston Texans. Even when it might be time to draft a new punter because things are that bad with this team.

thunderkyss
12-25-2010, 03:23 PM
How about blaming the Crappy D? And not running the football after it had been working? The list goes on. Poor clock managment and ST play for some reason. Shaub throwing a lame duck even after the line has held up. Why? The offence as a whold gets going in the second half. Is the first half all due to Winston? No. Does he have bad plays? Sure, but he is not the reason we are headed towards 5-11 right now. I'd look elsewhere when it comes to the troubles of the 2010 Houston Texans. Even when it might be time to draft a new punter because things are that bad with this team.

You asked who would replace Winston, I told you. I'm not blaming Winston for all our offensive problems, but I do believe Butler has shown to play better than Winston every chance he gets.

gary
12-25-2010, 03:34 PM
You asked who would replace Winston, I told you. I'm not blaming Winston for all our offensive problems, but I do believe Butler has shown to play better than Winston every chance he gets.
I say Eric is just fine.

thunderkyss
12-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I say Eric is just fine.

Then maybe you shouldn't ask the question, if you might not like the answer.

He our worst starting offensive lineman.

Rey
12-25-2010, 05:31 PM

He our worst starting offensive lineman.

That statement may be true as a straight observation, but I will say that on an overall basis it may not be...

I'm pretty sure you are aware of this, but playing tackle is different than playing center or guard...

Like I could easily see Winston moving to guard and being one of our best linemen...

When you're playing tackle, you are out there on an island with little room for error...You have to play much much different than guys on the interior...

Whether or not we have a new coaching staff or not, I think a good starting line for us may be Brown, Smith, Myers, Winston, Butler.

gary
12-25-2010, 06:55 PM

He our worst starting offensive lineman.Worst? LOL.

TexCanada
12-25-2010, 06:58 PM

I agree with you, I think Winston's play has been considerably worse then the last couple of years. I'd like to see Butler get a chance at RT since he seemed to do fairly well when he was at LT.

gary
12-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Winston and Smith on the inside. With Butler and Bown on the outside.

NitroGSXR
12-25-2010, 07:35 PM
That statement may be true as a straight observation, but I will say that on an overall basis it may not be...

I'm pretty sure you are aware of this, but playing tackle is different than playing center or guard...

Like I could easily see Winston moving to guard and being one of our best linemen...

When you're playing tackle, you are out there on an island with little room for error...You have to play much much different than guys on the interior...

Whether or not we have a new coaching staff or not, I think a good starting line for us may be Brown, Smith, Myers, Winston, Butler.

Winston's not going to take a paycut and that's what moving to guard usually means. I think his market value was inflated by the Texans and he's going to take advantage.

I like Winston but he has a lot of flaws.

infantrycak
12-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Winston is on a 5 year $30 mil deal. He is not payed as an elite G or T. His position really doesn't matter to his pay.

Now I will chalk this whole conversation up to a bizarre fascination of fans in having players move positions.

NitroGSXR
12-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Winston is on a 5 year $30 mil deal. He is not payed as an elite G or T. His position really doesn't matter to his pay.

Now I will chalk this whole conversation up to a bizarre fascination of fans in having players move positions.

Thanks for the clarification on his contract. It's not elite but it's not chump change either. Moving players around after so long at their other position just doesn't happen very often. He is not at the tail end of his career. I think him moving simply isn't a reality. I see a very nice payday for him come contract time. I don't see why not.

I like Winston. He'll back up his teammates in the media.

thunderkyss
12-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Winston and Smith on the inside. With Butler and Bown on the outside.

So now you agree with me? Butler at RT?

gary
12-26-2010, 11:28 AM
So now you agree with me? Butler at RT?Feel there is a chance he might be better off there but still think he should be somewhere on the line though.