Farve active
Peterson Inactive

First outdoor game in Minny in 29 years

Wolf
12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Farve is now starting

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
And it is SNOWING!! I mean REALLY SNOWING!

I heart Brett Favre.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT'S GAME TO START!!

gary
12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I want Minny to win for fantsy purposes.

gwallaia
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I can't wait to see all the freaking snow!

Marcus
12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Well now, all you youngins get a chance to see a game played in conditions the way it used be.

I hear some players are "concerned about their health".

Friggin candyasses. Vince Lombardi would turn over in his grave.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Well now, all you youngins get a chance to see a game played in conditions the way it used be.

This ^^^^ Just effing this ^^^^^

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 08:05 PM

Favre is not concerned.

gary
12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
It is game time.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
The way I see it, weather-wise, is if the snow doesn't come in bunches soon this game wouldn't even make the top 50 in bad weather games.

I still find it unbelievable Minnesota players were complaining they shouldn't play.

JB
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow! 1st & 30- TD! Vikes putting on their Texans act?

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow! 1st & 30- TD! Vikes putting on their Texans act?

That was freaking pretty. Nice catch for numb fingers. The throw was right in stride too.

JB
12-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Damn! Peppers almost had his 2nd interception of the night.

TimeKiller
12-20-2010, 09:37 PM
You think Favre loves football yet? He's playing for nothing and lining up for body slams like that in 20 degree weather.

Doesn't mean he's not a dbag off field....

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
You think Favre loves football yet? He's playing for nothing and lining up for body slams like that in 20 degree weather.

Doesn't mean he's not a dbag off field....

Agree. I can't help but love what he is on the field. The guy is tough and he's one of the best ever, but off the field I can't stand him.

Now he's hurt, I just hope the banks are still planning on being open tomorrow.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
The way I see it, weather-wise, is if the snow doesn't come in bunches soon this game wouldn't even make the top 50 in bad weather games.

I still find it unbelievable Minnesota players were complaining they shouldn't play.

Let's be clear on what exactly they were complaining about... the snow has nothing to do with it.

All 32 NFL teams fields have a special kind of heater under the turf to warm up the ground in cold weather. The UM field does not have this heater so the turf froze like a solid block of ice. Concussions are their main concern which I find to be a legitimate explaination. They had four external heaters trying to warm up the ground but they were not very effective considerng that they only were able to warm up one side of the field. The Minnesota punter guaranteed a concussion if somebody's helmet comes down on the ground funny.

JB
12-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Let's be clear on what exactly they were complaining about... the snow has nothing to do with it.

All 32 NFL teams fields have a special kind of heater under the turf to warm up the ground in cold weather. The UM field does not have this heater so the turf froze like a solid block of ice. Concussions are their main concern which I find to be a legitimate explaination. They had four external heaters trying to warm up the ground but they were not very effective considerng that they only were able to warm up one side of the field. The Minnesota punter guaranteed a concussion if somebody's helmet comes down on the ground funny.

And Farve got one kind of early...

Though that may have happened on any surface with that kind of hit.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:20 PM

About 40 games on the theoretical list had no heaters either. If you want to talk about a hard surface I present all games played on original Astrodome turf and all games played at the old Vet and I'm sure I leave out a field or two. If you don't think those were rock hard surfaces I don't know what to tell you.

My theoretical list is just an opinion from a guy who saw games in an era you didn't although some were before my time, but still just an opinion.

JB
12-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Hester just came damn close to making history!

JB
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM

And Hester makes History!

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM

WOW. This time he DID!

JB
12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
WOW. This time he DID!

Dammit young whippersnapper! You're slow!

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Dammit young whippersnapper! You're slow!

Slow as molasses and loving it! :spit:

JB
12-20-2010, 10:36 PM
That was a BS call!

JB
12-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Ok. Vikes need to score a TD here!

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Ok. Vikes need to score a TD here!

Could you ask for for money for Showtime? You're rolling.

JB
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Could you ask for for money for Showtime? You're rolling.

:lol:

Wish I was in Koushatta right now!

Or even Vegas...

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 10:40 PM
About 40 games on the theoretical list had no heaters either. If you want to talk about a hard surface I present all games played on original Astrodome turf and all games played at the old Vet and I'm sure I leave out a field or two. If you don't think those were rock hard surfaces I don't know what to tell you.

My theoretical list is just an opinion from a guy who saw games in an era you didn't although some were before my time, but still just an opinion.

???

All I wanted to do was clarify what you thought they were compaining about which was snow... that was inaccurate. It was the block of ice they're playing on.

I have no doubt that the Astrodome is hard as well as the old Verterans stadium. Speaking of the Astrodome... I have met Earl Campbell several times. Lipreadng him is a doozy. It seems like that his speech is slurred. I'm not saying the field at the dome did this but that man has been concussed one time too many.

The NFL is cracking down on player safety in a big way yet they're letting this one slide. I see their argument. They're playing anyway aren't they?

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:46 PM
???

All I wanted to do was clarify what you thought they were compaining about which was snow... that was inaccurate. It was the block of ice they're playing on.

I have no doubt that the Astrodome is hard as well as the old Verterans stadium. Speaking of the Astrodome... I have met Earl Campbell several times. Lipreadng him is a doozy. It seems like that his speech is slurred. I'm not saying the field at the dome did this but that man has been concussed one time too many.

The NFL is cracking down on player safety in a big way yet they're letting this one slide. I see their argument. They're playing anyway aren't they?

Ok. You brought up the hard surfaces so I merely pointed out this game is nothing new. Neither is the cold, neither is the snow.

My original point was this might not make the top 50 in bad weather games. Bad weather, I might add, made for the hard surface just like it did for the hard nipples thoughout the place. :D

JB
12-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Dammit! If Cutler scores another 50 points I'm in trouble!

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Man that field just looks hard. I felt kinda bad for Favre on that one play.

JB, was Brett Favre tough when you guys were in elementary school together?

JB
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Man that field just looks hard. I felt kinda bad for Favre on that one play.

JB, was Brett Favre tough when you guys were in elementary school together?

WTH you talkin' about? I had graduated high school and was probably in jail for a dwi while Favre was in elementary school...

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
WTH you talkin' about? I had graduated high school and was probably in jail for a dwi while Favre was in elementary school...

Oh, my bad. I thought you guys were about the same age!!!!! :spin:

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM

JB was Valedictorian of his class. Here's a pic. :spit:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/c92f7a8f-c036-4fb0-ba71-62f708cbef5e.jpg

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 11:16 PM
JB was Valedictorian of his class. Here's a pic. :spit:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/c92f7a8f-c036-4fb0-ba71-62f708cbef5e.jpg

See Favre down in the bottom right corner of that pic???

Dishman
12-20-2010, 11:47 PM
See Favre down in the bottom right corner of that pic???

Is that Foster on the bottom left?

JB
12-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Flattery will get you nowhere!

edit: Booze on the other hand...

Blake
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Some players, or a punter/kicker?