PDA

View Full Version : Organized fan protest underway

Mr. White
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
From Alan J. Burge's Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/ajtexans).

Callers to SportsTalk790 are trying to organize a protest. Season ticket holders go to Reliant to return their jags tickets in person.

stingray
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Awesome!!!

b0ng
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Interesting. Lets see how many actually do it, and what happens in the end.

Carr Bombed
12-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I've been listening to the entire thing. A guy called into the "mighty Gwinn" show and said that tomorrow he was going to put his tickets into a envelope and hand deliver them to McNair....he knows he won't be able to see McNair personally, but he'll talk to whoever will see him and tell them that he isn't renewing his season tickets unless serious changes are made. Gwinn asked him to call back afterwords and report on their reaction. Other callers thought that was a great idea so they said they would do the same. Now texters and emailers are saying they're going to do the same......hand over their tickets and their PSLs and then report back to Gwinn and tell him what the Texans said.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 01:07 PM
You tell Mr. Burge that I will gladly relinquish my tickets once they have been scanned and we have been granted access to the stadium.

Because...

I will look for him during the game. His seats are within eyeshot from my sky-high seats. I bet he'll be firmly planted into his seats as usual along with those fancy all-access creditentials I have seen him wear around his neck.

BUT BUT BUT...

I won't hold it against aj for showing up. He's got a job to do and I can understand that but to call for this protest... is kinda a slap in the face unless he gives a promise to participate in full.

I guess I'm a skeptic. I think I'll look for secondhoneymoon and his brother and partipate in their protest. Seems a bit more reasonable to walk a picket line in front of 70k fans plus the city of Houston passing by on 610.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I've been listening to the entire thing. A guy called into the "mighty Gwinn" show and said that tomorrow he was going to put his tickets into a envelope and hand deliver them to McNair....he knows he won't be able to see McNair personally, but he'll talk to whoever will see him and tell them that he isn't renewing his season tickets unless serious changes are made. Gwinn asked him to call back afterwords and report on their reaction. Other callers thought that was a great idea so they said they would do the same. Now texters and emailers are saying they're going to do the same......hand over their tickets and their PSLs and then report back to Gwinn and tell him what the Texans said.

Thanks for explaining it all out. I now understand the full story and how it came to fruitition.

CretorFrigg
12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes, I love it! We've always been complaining and take no action. I hope there's a huge outcome so McNair gets the message.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I was listening to this today too and love the idea. If not I don't see the big issue with a silent protest. If people are so into tailgating and all they don't want to miss their last chance then tailgate and don't go in for the first 5 minutes of the game. You are at the game, you get your fun and the palce is really empty for part of the quarter.

BIG TORO
12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I can understand that returning your tickets sends a strong message, but I think there is alot of people who are reluctant to give back something that they worked hard and paid for.

I think if people were to organize a picket outside of reliant alot more people would get involved since they would not be out any money. This week would be ideal for this because there is alot of people off for the Holidays, and the power of numbers could send out a stronger message than a few returning there tickets.

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Picket in front of Bob McNair's house!!!! I know where it is!!!

Nawzer
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Please let's make this happen! I'm not a season ticket holder, but you guys who buy and spend your hard earned dollar on buying season tickets can make a real impact. We need to send a strong message to Mr.McNair that this is unacceptable. He's a business man who understands money and if he sees his season ticket holders pissed off he will take notice of that. And we as fans should in general hold a protest of some sort soon so that our displeasure with this team can be heard loud and clear.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Please let's make this happen! I'm not a season ticket holder, but you guys who buy and spend your hard earned dollar on buying season tickets can make a real impact. We need to send a strong message to Mr.McNair that this is unacceptable. He's a business man who understands money and if he sees his season ticket holders pissed off he will take notice of that. And we as fans should in general hold a protest of some sort soon so that our displeasure with this team can be heard loud and clear.

I'll tell you what... I'll sell you my tickets and parking pass at cost and you can protest in my name as SEASON TICKET HOLDER.

Fair enough?

gwallaia
12-20-2010, 01:54 PM
The people in the upper rows of Sections 351 and 352 have a real opportunity to get Bob's attention. Those sections are directly in front of his suite. Make some big signs demanding that this spineless and clueless coaching staff needs to be fired. Hold them up for the entire game.

CretorFrigg
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a lot of season tickets provided to me by my company. We give those tickets away to clients. But, as of recently, it seems that clients aren't as interested in the Texans anymore.

Guess I'll have to relay that message upstairs, McNair. That's one less sponsorship.

Mr teX
12-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Interesting. Lets see how many actually do it, and what happens in the end.

This...

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
The people in the upper rows of Sections 351 and 352 have a real opportunity to get Bob's attention. Those sections are directly in front of his suite. Make some big signs demanding that this spineless and clueless coaching staff needs to be fired. Hold them up for the entire game.

Oooooooo!!!

Biting the hand that feeds you is always a risky move. The rewards and consequences are equally great.

mridge01
12-20-2010, 02:06 PM
1560 the game is hosting a Jags ticket burning at Klein's jewlers this Friday.

False Start
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I think this is great! If I could, I would make it. Lets hope more people show up than when the fans gathered to keep the Oilers here, lol.

BIG TORO
12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
The whole Bull Pen could sit for an entire game that could send a message!

TexansBlood
12-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Im willing to send my tickets for the Jags game to McNair.

He sits directly behind Section 352, when I go to the restroom I see him looking at the game with his binoculars all the time.

Maybe I should attend the game and have a big poster saying "US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WANT CHANGE!!" on the front and back.

Im pretty sure he will see the sign if im standing up.

JB
12-20-2010, 02:26 PM

The entire Bullpen should stay at the tailgate until halftime to send a loud message...

BIG TORO
12-20-2010, 02:29 PM
The entire Bullpen should stay at the tailgate until halftime to send a loud message...

Or we could all wear bags!

DoCRoN
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM

I don't sit in the bullpen, but I must say,...

A 'bagpen' would be awesome.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm showing for the game. I work too hard to throw good money away. If nothing else I'll enjoy the new and creative way to lose that day (it's becoming very entertaining)!

My protest will be me showing up nekkid... Now that would send a strong message!!

False Start
12-20-2010, 02:38 PM

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6397/baghead.png

Battle Red:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/232/battleredbag.png

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm showing for the game. I work too hard to throw good money away. If nothing else I'll enjoy the new and creative way to lose that day (it's becoming very entertaining)!

My protest will be me showing up nekkid... Now that would send a strong message!!

That would give a whole meaning to 3rd and inches....

silvrhand
12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.discountshoppingbags.com/product/Paper_Bags/SOS_-_Matte_Colors/_10_-6_56_X_4_06_X_13_19/Red?13

Battle Red Bags!

http://www.discountshoppingbags.com/product/Paper_Bags/SOS_-_Matte_Colors/_10_-6_56_X_4_06_X_13_19/Navy_Blue?8

Blue Bags!

Texan_Bill
12-20-2010, 02:41 PM

:foottap: Bastage!!

I was in the pool! I was in the pool!!

http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/george_costanza020.jpg

BIG TORO
12-20-2010, 02:41 PM

A bagpen would be a huge embarassment for Mr. Mcnair and I imagine he would have to do something drastic to show that he is listening.
:hunter::hunter::hunter::kubepalm:

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 02:42 PM

"Looks like we've got a time out on the field for a measurement. The ball appears to be a few inches short of the stick. TexanBill is coming out on the field to assist in this measurement...."

False Start
12-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Great idea!

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8783/bagpen.png

BIG TORO
12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.discountshoppingbags.com/product/Paper_Bags/SOS_-_Matte_Colors/_10_-6_56_X_4_06_X_13_19/Red?13

Battle Red Bags!

http://www.discountshoppingbags.com/product/Paper_Bags/SOS_-_Matte_Colors/_10_-6_56_X_4_06_X_13_19/Navy_Blue?8

Blue Bags!

That would be cool do one Section 116 in Blue and Section 117 in red, with a select few wearing white in section 116 to make a star, and roll white toilet paper down in the midddle down the isle. It would be a Toro Bagpen!

Porky
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I've been saying for quite some time now that McNair is the problem. It's nice to see y'all catch up. :gun:

Second Honeymoon
12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
My brother and I will be meeting at the Holiday Inn little sports bar next to reliant. Nothing fancy, just some posterboard, some sharpies and some pickets. We sold our PSLs last year so this is our best method to protest bob's ludicrous comments last week.

Oh and nobody has missed going to the game
It has been bad enough on TV, thanks

Dutchrudder
12-20-2010, 03:12 PM

I was with you up to this point... I don't think that sends the right message to anyone, especially the mental one...

TD
12-20-2010, 03:21 PM
The only thing any NFL owner worries about is indifference. Protests aren't going to mean much as it shows fans care.

You wanna hurt McNair? Organize a concessions strike. A Sunday of no beer sales would have him crying like a baby.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2010, 03:22 PM

That is what I said the page before...not just the bullpen.. but the stadium. Take the 1st quarter off and tailgate and then come in.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 03:34 PM
That is what I said the page before...not just the bullpen.. but the stadium. Take the 1st quarter off and tailgate and then come in.

No. You said miss the first five minutes which is what most do ANYWAY.

;)

I like the half idea but I'm going to respectfully decline. I'm watching my Texans kick the shit out of the Jaguars.

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
The only thing any NFL owner worries about is indifference. Protests aren't going to mean much as it shows fans care.

You wanna hurt McNair? Organize a concessions strike. A Sunday of no beer sales would have him crying like a baby.

The concession boycott is a great idea.

I think the messages that need to be conveyed are these:

1) This isn't a protest against the players or their efforts, it's about demanding a change at the head coach position.

2) McNair's apparent optimism has catalyzed intolerance and frustration from his patrons.

3) If a change at the head coach position does not happen, we will no longer buy any more of McNair's products.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Someone bring a Buddhist to Bud Plaza, I'll bring the gasoline.

http://www.sott.net/image/image/17212/full/thichquangducselfimmolade7.jpg

HoustonFrog
12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
No. You said miss the first five minutes which is what most do ANYWAY.

;)

I like the half idea but I'm going to respectfully decline. I'm watching my Texans kick the shit out of the Jaguars.

Yes I did...same idea..you got that :handshake:

I just think this is the only way Bob cares.

NitroGSXR
12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes I did...same idea..you got that :handshake:

I just think this is the only way Bob cares.

The company who made this picture frame that I bought like 10 years ago does NOT care that today it still sits in a box with the random family photo that they provided collecting dust. The moral is that they got their money already.

Using our tickets as toilet paper or attending the game is left to our discrection. I would donate my tickets to some youth organization before throwing them away.

TheMatrix31
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Who cares about the fans not showing up for the first quarter? The team doesn't either.

////

imatexan
12-20-2010, 04:22 PM

I am positive that McNair could care less about his beer not selling for a Sunday, after all he is a billionaire.

I think the best idea for the people who want to do some protest is a mass organized protest that would make national news.
The best one I have heard on here is the whole bullpen leaving at halftime, however it should be nearly the entire stadium and people should not arrive until the second half because we know the Texans do not show up for the first half!

SheTexan
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I will NOT participate in any of this nonsense! WHY?? Because I support my football team!! Just the way I was brought up. I might not like some of the decisions being made, I might wish for a perfect secondary, a perfect coach, a perfect organization, BUT, at the end of the day I'm still gonna be a TEXAN fan and come Jan 2nd I'm gonna be there supporting ALL the guys in RED, WHITE, and BLUE!! I have no desire to give my fandom to another team, I will not jump off the wagon and jump back on when we do well. If any of you think picketing, burning your season tickets, etc will have any kind of effect on what decisions Bob McNair will make you all are crazy! Again WHY? Because there is no way in hell a few hundred irrate fans will have an impact on his decision. To do some of the things you guys have mentioned will only punish the team, and I'll have NO part in that!! Come Jan 2nd, fans will flow into Reliant just like they always have. Because of the time of year this game will be played there will be empty seats anyway.

Fans will do what they wanna do, but, when it's all said and done, Daddy Bob will do what HE wants to do. THEN you have to make a decision if you wanna hang in there with this team or not. I'm in for the long haul. Call me a glutton for punishment if ya want.

Andrew6
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I hope to see the rest of y'all out there. This will be a game that I will thoroughly enjoy mostly just because its not, "THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY."
Hope to see the rest of you folks out there to enjoy the "LAST" game of the season.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

:fans::texflag::fans::texflag:

Andrew6
12-20-2010, 05:02 PM
You beat me to it G'Ma.

I will NOT participate in any of this nonsense! WHY?? Because I support my football team!! Just the way I was brought up. I might not like some of the decisions being made, I might wish for a perfect secondary, a perfect coach, a perfect organization, BUT, at the end of the day I'm still gonna be a TEXAN fan and come Jan 2nd I'm gonna be there supporting ALL the guys in RED, WHITE, and BLUE!! I have no desire to give my fandom to another team, I will not jump off the wagon and jump back on when we do well. If any of you think picketing, burning your season tickets, etc will have any kind of effect on what decisions Bob McNair will make you all are crazy! Again WHY? Because there is no way in hell a few hundred irrate fans will have an impact on his decision. To do some of the things you guys have mentioned will only punish the team, and I'll have NO part in that!! Come Jan 2nd, fans will flow into Reliant just like they always have. Because of the time of year this game will be played there will be empty seats anyway.

Fans will do what they wanna do, but, when it's all said and done, Daddy Bob will do what HE wants to do. THEN you have to make a decision if you wanna hang in there with this team or not. I'm in for the long haul. Call me a glutton for punishment if ya want.

Andrew6
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Can someone add her some Rep. It won't let me do it due to yadda.... etc...

Texan_Bill
12-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Got it!!! See y'all there!!

Pollardized
12-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Got her!!!!

Andrew6
12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
appreciate it, bill gave you some rep. Pollardized says I can't give you any more for same reason as g'ma

SheTexan
12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys!! Section 116, row C, seats 21-24 will be supporting our team!!!!! I bet Ted and his crew will be right there with us too!!

DX-TEX
12-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I support this team and will continue to do so. Dont tell wife but I know I have a brand new Texans varsity jacket under my Christmas tree. But I can not support the current coaching staff and the decisions they make for MY team.

gary
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Texans fan untill death does us part. GO TEXANS

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I usually hate protests, and most boycotts are just reactionary, but the only reason I may support this one is because of the optimistic comments made by McNair last week. It will require some form of persuasion to force his hand, because he can't make the tough decision on his own. I admire his loyalty, but in this case it's a fault.

97roc
12-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Texans Fan till death. I'll be supporting them in the same place as I always am, in front of my tv at the house... unless someone gives us some tickets like last year.

Carr Bombed
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't really think anybody said anything about "not being a texan fan anymore".

And the people still supported the team. Those tickets they're taking down to reliant are bought and paid for. All they're doing is voicing their displeasure in the direction of the team, since our idiot owner would rather listen to other owners instead of the fans and he's stuck in some fantasy land where everything is peachy and "we're on the right track".

gwallaia
12-20-2010, 07:37 PM

Send this to the Texan cheerleaders and see if they run with the idea for themselves.

That would send a very strong message that would carry more weight than you.

Carr Bombed
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Send this to the Texan cheerleaders and see if they run with the idea for themselves.

And nobody would give away their tickets either, I think you're on to something gwallaia. :)

drs23
12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
send this to the texan cheerleaders and see if they run with the idea for themselves.

+1 :spy:

TxDavid
12-20-2010, 08:18 PM
This idea is moronic. The fact of the matter is, the money is already paid. Don't renew your season tickets if you don't want to go. Just remember - there's a waiting list for season ticket holders. As long as there is a waiting list for tickets, fans can cry & scream all they want - Bob is still going to get his money.

As far as the bags - it's been done. Why steal something from the Saint's fanbase - be original. Dress up like Bob or Kubes and make them look like morons. Or hold up a sign. Or something else - anything besides "bags"

Ugh...I'm done with this. I'll see you at the game...

Texan_Bill
12-20-2010, 09:21 PM

I support this!!! Email sent! :handshake:

DoCRoN
12-20-2010, 10:05 PM
As far as the bags - it's been done. Why steal something from the Saint's fanbase - be original.

If a protest is in order, I have to disagree. I think bags on heads is absolutely appropriate. Sure it's been done, but that's part of the beauty of it. It symbolizes, while still fans, many are fed up with their team's/management's/ownership's performance. It's a "universally known" symbol. If enough people were to do it at the Jags game, I have to believe McNair would not be happy with the image it portrayed. I think it would have more of an impact than a few thousand people not showing up until halftime (which many do on a regular basis anyways).

I wish I had the time/skillz to photoshop a shot of the north endzone (if not more) with paperbags covering the crowd. That's a lasting image no owner wants a part of, IMO.

Speedy
12-20-2010, 10:36 PM

Callers to SportsTalk790 are trying to organize a protest. Season ticket holders go to Reliant to return their jags tickets in person.

Probably why I don't listen to 790.

People come up with some really stupid ideas. Uh, the tickets are already paid for, so if McNair cares about nothing but the money like some of you say, how will turning in your tickets send a message? The money is already in the bank if not a single ticket holder walks through the turnstyles.

From what I've seen through the years, the stadium will likely be half empty any way. Last game of the season, nothing to play for, there's no interest in this game. I'm already seeing tickets going for $16 on these ticket sites. It will probably sound like a Jags home game. There will be plenty of empty seats on Jan. 2, but again, most all of those empty seats have been paid for so I don't know what kind of message that sends really.

OK, you want to do something? Everyone use their tickets and go to the game but show up in Jags gear. Yeah!!! :sarcasm:

TxDavid
12-20-2010, 10:44 PM
If a protest is in order, I have to disagree. I think bags on heads is absolutely appropriate. Sure it's been done, but that's part of the beauty of it. It symbolizes, while still fans, many are fed up with their team's/management's/ownership's performance. If enough....<snip>

It just doesn't have the "effect" that it used to. There will be minimal talk about it, maybe a picture or to. Go for something different. For instance, if the entire endzone was sporting Bob McNair masks - that would be different - and would make a lasting impression. Or how about everyone holding up a picture of Mr Yuk. All I'm saying is if you're trying to make a statement - be original and think outside the box.

I agree that a protest of absence if futile. And if you're not attending, give your tickets to someone less fortunate who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to go to the game.

KA4Texan
12-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Probably why I don't listen to 790.

People come up with some really stupid ideas. Uh, the tickets are already paid for, so if McNair cares about nothing but the money like some of you say, how will turning in your tickets send a message? The money is already in the bank if not a single ticket holder walks through the turnstyles.

From what I've seen through the years, the stadium will likely be half empty any way. Last game of the season, nothing to play for, there's no interest in this game. I'm already seeing tickets going for $16 on these ticket sites. It will probably sound like a Jags home game. There will be plenty of empty seats on Jan. 2, but again, most all of those empty seats have been paid for so I don't know what kind of message that sends really.

OK, you want to do something? Everyone use their tickets and go to the game but show up in Jags gear. Yeah!!! :sarcasm:

Thanks, and I had just blocked out the Cowboys game.

houstonspartan
12-20-2010, 10:55 PM
This idea is moronic. The fact of the matter is, the money is already paid. Don't renew your season tickets if you don't want to go. Just remember - there's a waiting list for season ticket holders. As long as there is a waiting list for tickets, fans can cry & scream all they want - Bob is still going to get his money.

For the 900th time: There is not a wait for season tickets. That is false. I will continue to say this until people stop saying it. It's lazy, simple-minded thinking that can easily be refuted by a 5-minute phone call to a Texans ticketing agent.

DoCRoN
12-20-2010, 11:20 PM
It just doesn't have the "effect" that it used to. There will be minimal talk about it, maybe a picture or to. Go for something different. For instance, if the entire endzone was sporting Bob McNair masks - that would be different - and would make a lasting impression. Or how about everyone holding up a picture of Mr Yuk. All I'm saying is if you're trying to make a statement - be original and think outside the box.

I agree that a protest of absence if futile. And if you're not attending, give your tickets to someone less fortunate who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to go to the game.

Point taken. I agree that, while it doesn't have to be paper bags, it definitely has to be something other than "not showing up". The bags have been done, but they are simple and people would "know the drill". If someone could organize a more unique protest, I'd be all for that.

Problem is, with any type of in-stadium protest like this, it would most likely take some time to catch on. The bags didn't appear in full force in NO overnight. It took time to develop the apathetic following. Wish we could have known how bad this was gonna get 3 home-games ago.. :gun:

Runner
12-20-2010, 11:23 PM

The fact that the money is already paid makes it an even stronger message. If the fans are ready to boycott a game even though the tickets are paid for, what will they do when asked for money for future games?

That being said, the protests will do little but cause a little momentary embarrassment. He will still make plenty of money, and people with that much wealth and power tend to see things their way. It would be easy for him to convince himself that the protesters are a vocal minority, the the ReliantWorld experience keeps the fans coming, and Kubiak will be great next year. It's what he wants, and he always gets what he wants, right?

FirstTexansFan
12-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Go with very large bags, something you can write this on so it can be read...

"I'm COWERing under this bag" :)

Kimmy
12-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Point taken. I agree that, while it doesn't have to be paper bags, it definitely has to be something other than "not showing up". The bags have been done, but they are simple and people would "know the drill". If someone could organize a more unique protest, I'd be all for that.

Problem is, with any type of in-stadium protest like this, it would most likely take some time to catch on. The bags didn't appear in full force in NO overnight. It took time to develop the apathetic following. Wish we could have known how bad this was gonna get 3 home-games ago.. :gun:

Bring an old Texans shirt, hat, etc and throw it on the field ... simple, effective, quick ....

Kimmy
12-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Bring an old Texans shirt, hat, etc and throw it on the field ... simple, effective, quick ....

And write "Continue to throw me onto the field if you are disgusted about our play" on it, so others will get the message

mexican_texan
12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I agree, some of you should stay home and protest. I'll happily take the ticket. For safekeeping, of course.

Big Lou
12-21-2010, 12:24 AM
I think everyone that has tickets should go to the game with prothestetic chins and mustache in support of a certain new hire.

Since I'm no longer lucky enough to live in Houston, is there a Radio Station that supports hiring Cowher? Maybe they could put something together/

Here is a place that sells a wizard costume with a fake chin:
http://www.costumeexpress.com/Wizard-Nose-Chin/11176/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=SCE-CEbizrate

How awesome would it be if the Television Crew ran with this!!!!!!

MannyFresh
12-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I knew Battle Bag Day would come to fruition!

Big Lou
12-21-2010, 12:43 AM
I knew Battle Bag Day would come to fruition!

Hey everyone could paint thier bags red, that would be a new twist on the Saints Bag deal!!! That would be sweet!!!

http://www.partythings2go.co.uk/red_paper_party_bag.jpg

jgl35
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Ok guys, You want to let the Texans know you are not pleased with what is going on.
Here is what you do.
Go to the game, sit down and boo non stop. I am talking from the coin flip to when it says 00 at the end of the 4th quarter. You boo everything nonstop and you do it at the top on your lungs. Don't even stop at half time.
Trust me on this. It works.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Again, if people want to keep the tickets and all, just plan a walk out, wait to come in...use bags. Effective or not it shows displeasure. I'm not telling anyone what to do with their tickets but people shouldn't complain about McNair if they are just going to do exactly what he loves...show up and act like all is good. JMO.

Kaiser Toro
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I would love to see the fans, that show up, put on Lucha Libre masks, rather than paper bags. It would be a new and fresh, at least in my eyes, form of protest.

SheTexan
12-21-2010, 09:25 AM
What part of SUPPORTING your team do you people not understand???! Daddy Bob's gonna do what Daddy Bob wants to do, and no amount of stupid bags, dumb signs, booing your head off, or throwing things on the field, which by the way will get you kicked out of the stadium, is gonna matter. I'm just not gonna stress over what the FO is gonna do come January or March! BUT, I support my football team through the bad times, and this is definitely one of the BAD times!! I want AJ, AF, OD, Mario, Demeco, and many others to know we did not let them down. If they are out there playing the friggin game then I'm gonna be in the stands yelling for them!! Geeeeezzzzz, this thread reeks of immaturity!!

Señor Stan
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
This is why we call ourselves diehard fans. ^^^^

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
What part of SUPPORTING your team do you people not understand???! Daddy Bob's gonna do what Daddy Bob wants to do, and no amount of stupid bags, dumb signs, booing your head off, or throwing things on the field, which by the way will get you kicked out of the stadium, is gonna matter. I'm just not gonna stress over what the FO is gonna do come January or March! BUT, I support my football team through the bad times, and this is definitely one of the BAD times!! I want AJ, AF, OD, Mario, Demeco, and many others to know we did not let them down. If they are out there playing the friggin game then I'm gonna be in the stands yelling for them!! Geeeeezzzzz, this thread reeks of immaturity!!

Completely disagree. I think people would be surprised how much fan reaction affects owners. Fans don't directly make decisions for owners but if they are embarrassed by the lack of support then they get the message. This man just came out and said that the team was on the right track and that everything was good. I'm not even the biggest fan and I fired off a 2 page letter. At least he knows how I feel. Even Jerrah has admitted that the criticism he receives and the fan reaction has made him think and pause about what they were doing with the team. I'm not singling out you ST but if everyone toes the company line then for sure he will look around and say "see, the fans agree with my assessment." A small token of displeasure can last an offseason when he looks to how 2011-2012 may play out with the status quo.

HOU-TEX
12-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I support this!!! Email sent! :handshake:

Just be sure JB can keep you "fluffed up". Otherwise, a major case of shrinkage will quickly set in

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Just be sure JB can keep you "fluffed up". Otherwise, a major case of shrinkage will quickly set in

:smiliepalm: :facepalm: :kubepalm: :wadepalm:

JB
12-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Wait...What??? :foottap:

HOU-TEX
12-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Wait...What??? :foottap:

It's cool. It should only take two of your fingers

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
HOU-TEX seems awfully obsessed with my junk! :thinking:

HOU-TEX
12-21-2010, 09:58 AM
HOU-TEX seems awfully obsessed with my junk! :thinking:

:redface:

gary
12-21-2010, 10:57 AM
There ways to show how you feel without acting like jerks. You know?

3rd and Inches
12-21-2010, 10:59 AM

Remember.. I still have to make your tamales Poll.. lmfao

HJam72
12-21-2010, 11:15 AM

I'm with you guys.

NitroGSXR
12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Remember.. I still have to make your tamales Poll.. lmfao

No fret! Texan_Bill's representing here!! We talking about a whole lotta inches.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/NitroHonda/DSC_0027.jpg

False Start
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
:ahhaha:

Pollardized
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
No fret! Texan_Bill's representing here!! We talking about a whole lotta inches.

Bill's a brother?????? I had no idea..... :thisbig:

gary
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't mind protests at all just as long as they are proper and contained. This reminds me of not liking something at work. Do you ask to see your boss or do you go off and start acting differently? And not do your job at all. I think that most us would handle the problem professtional manner. If things continue then we make our own choice on what action to take next. Well, what is my point? That no matter what you think upset fans does effect the owner in some fashtion just because someone else buys your tickets does not mean the franchise is not losing out on other possible buyers, Viewers, and Gear for the team because they probably are. You think of whatever way you want to send a strong message to Bob and the team just as long as you keep it within the law and no one ends up hurt or behind bars. Letters, E-mails, Signs, and Booing your team after a bad play are all effective no matter what. How effective? Maybe a little or a lot depending on other factors but there is no doubt something is better than nothing at this point. And you may still support your favorite team at the end of the day on Sundays. Just my two cents. GO TEXANS

b0ng
12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't mind protests at all just as long as they are proper and contained. This reminds me of not liking something at work.

And stop. Comparing this to work seems silly as at work, you get paid to put up with shit you don't like.

gary
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM

Wonders, what Ted or his wife would have to say if they saw this posted on the MB right now? LOL.

gary
12-21-2010, 01:02 PM
And stop. Comparing this to work seems silly as at work, you get paid to put up with shit you don't like.Right, it is a choice which you may deal with or leave but I know a teacher who just retired because she was being taken advantage of. Sometimes enough is enough. So, now we are not allowed to voice our opinios? This does not happen to everyone or no one would have a job but it does happen and is either corrected, dealt with, or you just leave.

Mr teX
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Instead of all this silly red bags & staying outside to tailgate nonsense, here's a thought: Why not excuse yourself from the gameday thing all together? Nothing sends a "message" more loud & more clearer than being absent from the game & its activities all together.

It just seems to me that'd be the more prudent thing to do if you're dead set on trying to make a statement...

gary
12-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Instead of all this silly red bags & staying outside to tailgate nonsense, here's a thought: Why not excuse yourself from the gameday thing all together? Nothing sends a "message" more loud & more clearer than being absent from the game & its activities all together.

It just seems to me that'd be the more prudent thing to do if you're dead set on trying to make a statement...
Ok, that could be a valid option for a lot of unhappy fans.

Texans_Chick
12-21-2010, 02:15 PM

This is why you are awesome.

If people are that upset, just don't go.

Coaching changes or no, if you wear bags or boo or do other nonsense, you are sending a terrible message to the good players that are on your team. If you are a good player, do you want to be associated with bag headed fans? Good players can choose to go anywhere.

I've always thought that teams need their fans more when times are tough. McNair is going to do what he is going to do. In the meantime, I am going to support the players who will likely remain no matter what changes are made.

Shaft75
12-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Coaching changes or no, if you wear bags or boo or do other nonsense, you are sending a terrible message to the good players that are on your team. If you are a good player, do you want to be associated with bag headed fans? Good players can choose to go anywhere.

I've always thought that teams need their fans more when times are tough. McNair is going to do what he is going to do. In the meantime, I am going to support the players who will likely remain no matter what changes are made.

I feel exactly the same way.

What are the bag heads going to feel when Andre looks up at them in the stands, and gives them a look of disgust/disapproval?

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing,

I could care less about what Andre Johnson thinks of my fandom. They players need to stop worrying about what the fans are doing/saying/thinking and start doing their jobs better.

DexmanC
12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I feel exactly the same way.

What are the bag heads going to feel when Andre looks up at them in the stands, and gives them a look of disgust/disapproval?

Aren't these same players used to telling us fans about how much a
"business" the NFL is? Following the same logic, WINNING is the currency
the fans accept. If the players aren't upholding their end of the deal,
by generating wins, they should expect the wrath they receive from the fans
to also be part of the "business."

Texas T
12-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Rep to both you and SheTexan. This is exactly my thinking-I am in no way satisified with how this team is performing but who here is blaming it on AJ, Foster or Schaub (okay some of you are blaming him)?? Don't you think that not being in you seats or wearing bags, etc. has a negative affect on the players?? They are the one's who have to look up and see it-I'm betting it will hurt them alot more than McNair/Kubs/coaching staff.

Ya'll do what you want but me for one will be in my normal spot watching and rooting for MY team. And yes I get ALOT of crap up here in NJ for being a Texans fan but I still proudly wear my gear everywhere and suck up the pain.

Shaft75
12-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Nothing,

I could care less about what Andre Johnson thinks of my fandom. They players need to stop worrying about what the fans are doing/saying/thinking and start doing their jobs better.

I personally believe that Andre Johnson has earned the respect I give him. Maybe you should re-evaluate your stance. The guy has constantly rode out sinking ships with us. So I really don't know where your coming from.

gary
12-21-2010, 02:29 PM
You don't have to boo everytime but on a bad play if the team is just playing badly thus not trying hard enough. What is wrong with booing?

Shaft75
12-21-2010, 02:34 PM

Sounds logical, but it's application can be a little inappropriate. I don't want to chastise one of the best wr's ever, especially one that continues to ride things out with us. I'm just not that negative of a person.

Shaft75
12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
You don't have to boo everytime but on a bad play if the team is just playing badly thus not trying hard enough. What is wrong with booing?

I'm mainly talking about paper sacks on some heads.

mattieuk
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Nothing,

Too right. AJ would have a nerve to think anything less of fans booing the team. Time and time again this year, he has refused to play, because of a poorly ankle, and shows little to no passion for this team and its fans.

Oh wait...

I have no problem with fans riding players who don't put the effort in (unlike a low level of ability, that ball is in their court). To boo players who are just not good enough, or are busting their gut to win is just idiotic, and will lead to us watching AJ with a Superbowl ring on, aquired somewhere other than Houston.

Texas T

That is 1000% appropriate-an immediate response to an immediate screw-up.

gary
I'm mainly talking about paper sacks on some heads.
gotcha.

Texas T
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Too right. AJ would have a nerve to think anything less of fans booing the team. Time and time again this year, he has refused to play, because of a poorly ankle, and shows little to no passion for this team and its fans.

Oh wait...

I have no problem with fans riding players who don't put the effort in (unlike a low level of ability, that ball is in their court). To boo players who are just not good enough, or are busting their gut to win is just idiotic, and will lead to us watching AJ with a Superbowl ring on, aquired somewhere other than Houston.

That thought just ruined what had been a pretty good day...I feel like kicking a dog now...thanks alot <sniffle>.

Texan4Ever
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Not to derail this thread (didn't want to start a new thread about this) but anyways, I know some NFL teams allow season-ticket holders a chance to be present at meetings with HC and or management and ask them questions about the franchise as the Lions did after there 0-16 season.

Do the Texans allow this or hold a season-ticket holder meeting with the HC or GM and allow them to express there concerns? I think this is a good way for the team to allow fans to voice there opinions and make them feel that what they have to say actually counts.

gary
12-21-2010, 02:58 PM
That is 1000% appropriate-an immediate response to an immediate screw-up.I'll kindly disagree. AJ, Foster, Williams, ect. They might not always deserve to be booed but if the team deserves it overall then they should know the fans are going to do so. It is all part of being fan and I bet you the players would be upset if the rolls were reversed.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Exactly and it isn't like they have exactly stepped up while being coddled and praised. I'm not for booing all game but a quick protest shows displeasure until going back to your regularly scheduled program. Finally worked for the Lions. Again, without it then McNair just sees smiling faces and nothing being wrong. "Look, we are so close, the fans love it." You pay your money and get to do what you want within the legal limits on the ticket. They get paid millions and are subject to scrutiny.

Texas T
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I'll kindly disagree. AJ, Foster, Williams, ect. They might not always deserve to be booed but if the team deserves it overall then they should know the fans are going to do so. It is all part of being fan and I bet you the players would be upset if the rolls were reversed.

So you're disagreeing with me agreeing with you???
I'm confused...

Oh well, I was just agreeing that booing after a bad screw-up is GOOD! No more specifics given. There is a difference between a bad screw-up and not making the miraculus happen (like the Texans leading in the first quarter).
Booing for an entire game because you are upset with management is BAD!

The1ApplePie
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
The Texans have wheeled out mediocre-at-best football for 9 years, and they are one of the top-10 most profitable sports franchises in the world. For a business standpoint, there is no reason to change.

For every person that makes an ass out of themselves with a bag on their head, there are 100 people looking to get their ticket into the stadium.

gary
12-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm confused...

Oh well, I was just agreeing that booing after a bad screw-up is GOOD! No more specifics given. There is a difference between a bad screw-up and not making the miraculus happen (like the Texans leading in the first quarter).
Booing for an entire game because you are upset with management is BAD!OOOPS. Sorry, wrong qouote sir.

Double Barrel
12-21-2010, 03:11 PM

If you are a good player, do you want to be associated with a 35-42 head coach who can't get a team to the playoffs? Do you want to be associated with perpetual mediocrity and an owner that thinks 5-9 is "on the right track"?

If these players really cared about the desires of fans, they would have showed some sack when the Dallas freakin' Cowboys rolled into town and kicked their asses all over Reliant Stadium. Instead, all we got was a bunch of mealy-mouthed pansy talk about how they aren't from Houston so this isn't a rivalry to them. Yeah, all that bullshit about civic pride and representing Houston rings hallow when a crappy Cowboys team visits and puts their collective cowboys boots up Toro's backside. That was an embarrassing day to be a Texans fan, but all we got from the overpaid eggheads was a shrug and 'just another game' mantra. I have much love and respect for SheTexan, but she clearly has a short memory about the pathetic state of this team back in September. In hindsight, that game was a sign of things to come.

These players get paid millions to play a game. If they need fans to pump them up for motivation, then they need to find another line of work. I can't coddle this pathetic crap. With the exception of a handful of players, the rest of them should live in shame for the travesty that is the 2010 season.

gary
12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Pretty soon these same players who are great are going to get mad but not at us but at the team for allowing this crap. And letting their careers just go by the waste side.

DexmanC
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Pretty soon these same players who are great are going to get mad but not at us but at the team for allowing this crap. And letting their careers just go by the waste side.

Looks like Dunta Robinson wasn't crazy, after all. Dude went through
a near career-ender, and decided to play on a team that's
going somewhere.

Mr. White
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
For some reason, this whole issue reminds me of this story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/randy-lerner-meets-with-two-disgruntled-fans/) from last season.

Browns owner Randy Lerner obsessively avoids having his voice or image recorded by the media.

On Tuesday, however, he blazed new ground by taking a meeting with two unhappy fans.

Lerner met with men who have called for fans to not take their seats at the November 16 Monday nighter until after the kickoff.

(In an unrelated note, ESPN is no longer cursing the fact that this game has landed on their 2009 schedule.)

Mike Randall of Massillon and Tony Schaefer of Sandusky spent two hours with Lerner, and they were impressed.

“He wants to get this right,” Randall said, per Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository. “He was very open in saying
mistakes have been made. He basically said, ‘I take full blame.’

“Randy strikes me as very passionate about owning the team and getting this right,” Randall said.

And they got some insight regarding whether Lerner will keep coach Eric Mangini beyond the 2009 season.

“I believe, from what I heard that if it doesn’t work out this year,
Randy will make a move,” Randall said. “He’s not going to sit there and
take this garbage any more. He is [ticked] off. He is disgusted.”

Lerner’s peers might be feeling a little queasy, too. Now that Lerner has seen fit to sit down with two of the customers, others whose teams fall on hard times might be pressed to do the same.

More important than the fan meeting, Lerner went on to hire Holmgren at GM.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 03:26 PM
For some reason, this whole issue reminds me of this story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/randy-lerner-meets-with-two-disgruntled-fans/) from last season.

More important than the fan meeting, Lerner went on to hire Holmgren at GM.

And they are still looking at firing Mangini.........

gary
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Looks like Dunta Robinson wasn't crazy, after all. Dude went through
a near career-ender, and decided to play on a team that's
going somewhere.Exactly, one of my favorites out of the NFC right now.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
If you are a good player, do you want to be associated with a 35-42 head coach who can't get a team to the playoffs? Do you want to be associated with perpetual mediocrity and an owner that thinks 5-9 is "on the right track"?

If these players really cared about the desires of fans, they would have showed some sack when the Dallas freakin' Cowboys rolled into town and kicked their asses all over Reliant Stadium. Instead, all we got was a bunch of mealy-mouthed pansy talk about how they aren't from Houston so this isn't a rivalry to them. Yeah, all that bullshit about civic pride and representing Houston rings hallow when a crappy Cowboys team visits and puts their collective cowboys boots up Toro's backside. That was an embarrassing day to be a Texans fan, but all we got from the overpaid eggheads was a shrug and 'just another game' mantra. I have much love and respect for SheTexan, but she clearly has a short memory about the pathetic state of this team back in September. In hindsight, that game was a sign of things to come.

These players get paid millions to play a game. If they need fans to pump them up for motivation, then they need to find another line of work. I can't coddle this pathetic crap. With the exception of a handful of players, the rest of them should live in shame for the travesty that is the 2010 season.

Must spread...yada, yada, yada

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm confused...

Booing for an entire game because you are upset with management is BAD!

Why is booing bad?

It's not like it will make a difference in W/L.

I'm just saying fans pay hard earned $$$$ and have the right to boo/wear bags/make signs etc.... and if the players dont like it tuff. Their getting paid millions and are big boys. They can get a few W's and the booing will stop.

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM

Great post, must spread rep.

The coddling of players is one of the main reasons that the Texans are where they are as a franchise. Losers

Mr. White
12-21-2010, 03:49 PM
And they are still looking at firing Mangini.........

As of right now, the Browns have the same record as the Texans and Mangini will be lucky to get a 3rd year. Not to mention, Holmgren has an itchy trigger finger.

Seems like they're at least on the way up now. If the HC is ineffective, then he won't be ineffective for long.

gary
12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
The players earn millions don't tell me that I should coddle to them which is absured.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2010, 04:15 PM
As of right now, the Browns have the same record as the Texans and Mangini will be lucky to get a 3rd year. Not to mention, Holmgren has an itchy trigger finger.

Seems like they're at least on the way up now. If the HC is ineffective, then he won't be ineffective for long.

It's like in Miami. Sparano went to the playoffs his first year and then had a decent year. Now they are down and the owner is talking like he wants him gone. People see the writing on the wall way before this organization does.

mattieuk
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
The players earn millions don't tell me that I should coddle to them which is absured.

Don't coddle them, but don't belittle their efforts.

Wearing a paper bag on your head shows no respect to the efforts that players have put in this season - it is symbolising your embarassment of being associated to them.

It doesn't matter that the players earn millions, that is completely beside the point. You know their wages when you buy the tickets, and the fact they are well paid does not mean the fans are correct in laying into them on a gameday, when a good majority of the players don't deserve that. If a poor player is stuck on a team, what do you want him to do? Would you rather Matt Turk retire half way through the season and give up his job, because he hasn't been a great punter this year? Would you rather Kareem hit himself in the foot with a hammer to get put on IR, to force the team to play someone else?

As I said before, what is making AJ stay here? It sure as heck ain't the prospect of being a serious contender - perhaps he is one embarassment away from wanting to go to a more 'winning' franchise.

The majority of failure this season falls on the coaching and the front office IMO - and running the players through the mud doesn't achieve the objective of attacking the previous two.

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 04:42 PM
The players efforts have been poor this season and dont deserve respect. The a.Smith/Cushing thing is a great example.

If Johnson wants to walk trade him and get high picks that will help build the team into a winner. He's not helping the team become a winner as of now anyway. Despite all of his talents. He will be to old to contribute be the time this team becomes a winner.

And they can spend the $$$$ on getting a proven winner in to run this organization.

gary
12-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Don't coddle them, but don't belittle their efforts.

Wearing a paper bag on your head shows no respect to the efforts that players have put in this season - it is symbolising your embarassment of being associated to them.

It doesn't matter that the players earn millions, that is completely beside the point. You know their wages when you buy the tickets, and the fact they are well paid does not mean the fans are correct in laying into them on a gameday, when a good majority of the players don't deserve that. If a poor player is stuck on a team, what do you want him to do? Would you rather Matt Turk retire half way through the season and give up his job, because he hasn't been a great punter this year? Would you rather Kareem hit himself in the foot with a hammer to get put on IR, to force the team to play someone else?

As I said before, what is making AJ stay here? It sure as heck ain't the prospect of being a serious contender - perhaps he is one embarassment away from wanting to go to a more 'winning' franchise.

The majority of failure this season falls on the coaching and the front office IMO - and running the players through the mud doesn't achieve the objective of attacking the previous two.
The bags might not be the best thing. Let me ask you this. Would you rather call for a change in some form or just not go to games and then not have football at all again?

Mr teX
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
The players efforts have been poor this season and dont deserve respect. The a.Smith/Cushing thing is a great example.

If Johnson wants to walk trade him and get high picks that will help build the team into a winner. He's not helping the team become a winner as of now anyway. Despite all of his talents. He will be to old to contribute be the time this team becomes a winner.

And they can spend the $$$$ on getting a proven winner in to run this organization.

unequivocably the worst idea ever & you pick 1 exchange out of tons throughout the year to say that their effort has been poor all season?

mattieuk
12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
The bags might not be the best thing. Let me ask you this. Would you rather call for a change in some form or just not go to games and then not have football at all again?

I don't think that not turning up is a particually smart idea. I know if I was lucky enough to have tickets, I'd be there, supporting the performance put on.

A vocal protest outside the ground before and after the game makes sense to me. Just leave the game alone. We aren't the 0-16 Lions, by a long shot, and the rest of the NFL will be laughing at Houston if fans are paperbaging their heads, and constantly booing during the game at the complete overreaction from the fans (it will give the anti-Manning crowd in Indy from a few weeks back some competition).

Protest the coaching staff/GM/owner all you want, but don't forget that the fans are there to support the team during the game, thats all.

Lets trade a proven NFl star for a load of high picks, that will cost a fortune to sign, and may not turn out to be worldbeaters.

AJ > Okoye, Kareem, Brown and Cushing

Whilst we're at it lets get rid of AF, Schaub and Mario, as they've got trade value!

AJ is helping us to win. Without him, I think we are looking at having won about 2/3 less games, and lost a few of the ones we won. Sheesh.

:wadepalm:

BIG TORO
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I was'nt going to further comment in this thread since I read that some of the things that were commented on earlier in the thread have seemed to have upset some of my good friends in the Blue crew, and thats the last thing I wanted to do.

After marinating in my thoughts this is what I have to say:

* First off I agree that some of the Ideas for the protest were a little adolescent, and this matter can be, and should be handled in a mature way.

* I do feel that it's the fan's prerogrative to take action and show displeasure with the team if the team is under performing or to simply remain silent.

* I also feel that if a fan decides to display his dissapproval with the team it does not disqualify that person from being a real fan or a hardcore fan. It just means some fans want to send a message that mediocrity is not welcome in Houston.

* If a business man like Mr. Mcnair serves a bad product and everyone is satisfied why change the product. (why fix it if it ain't broke) Well it is broke and the product does need to be changed, and Bob needs a strong respectful message that will get his gears in motion.

* I feel bad for all the All-star players that give it there all and we all know who they are, and I'm sure they understand that the displeasure is not with them, but with other areas of the team.

* I have much respect and commend the fans that have been here since 2002, you guys have been through alot with this team and you guys deserve the playoffs and more.

* I was a fairweather fan from 2002 thru 2004, I moved to Houston in 2005 and became a full time fan, and in 2008 I started coming to the games and I now consider myself a Hardcore fan. It was'nt until I was a hardcore fan that the emotions with this team really started kicking in. Emotion is what makes me want to send a message to Mr. Mcnair sometimes, but it does not mean I want to change allegiance or quit being a fan, because no matter what happens the Texans and I are stuck together until the day I die!

:fans::fans::fans:

P.S Bare with me on my thought, I'm at work and did not proof read!

gary
12-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't think that not turning up is a particually smart idea. I know if I was lucky enough to have tickets, I'd be there, supporting the performance put on.

A vocal protest outside the ground before and after the game makes sense to me. Just leave the game alone. We aren't the 0-16 Lions, by a long shot, and the rest of the NFL will be laughing at Houston if fans are paperbaging their heads, and constantly booing during the game at the complete overreaction from the fans (it will give the anti-Manning crowd in Indy from a few weeks back some competition).

Protest the coaching staff/GM/owner all you want, but don't forget that the fans are there to support the team during the game, thats all.

Lets trade a proven NFl star for a load of high picks, that will cost a fortune to sign, and may not turn out to be worldbeaters.

AJ > Okoye, Kareem, Brown and Cushing

Whilst we're at it lets get rid of AF, Schaub and Mario, as they've got trade value!

AJ is helping us to win. Without him, I think we are looking at having won about 2/3 less games, and lost a few of the ones we won. Sheesh.

:wadepalm:
How about before and after the game? Call in, e-mail, blog, newspappers, a freaking yard sign ect. All of that may be of outside the sadium. You know?

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I'll protest by having one less $7.50 beer... That'll show 'em!! :francis:

:runaway:

NitroGSXR
12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
How about before and after the game? Call in, e-mail, blog, newspappers, a freaking yard sign ect. All of that may be of outside the sadium. You know?

Like I said in one of these threads somewhere the other day... I will be looking for secondhoneymoon and his brother before going into the stadium. That to me is the best way to express displeasure ALTHOUGH once inside, I'm turning into a rabid and passionate Houston Texans fan.

This other protest crap is ridiculous.

Beat the Jaguars.

gary
12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Like I said in one of these threads somewhere the other day... I will be looking for secondhoneymoon and his brother before going into the stadium. That to me is the best way to express displeasure ALTHOUGH once inside, I'm turning into a rabid and passionate Houston Texans fan.

This other protest crap is ridiculous.

Beat the Jaguars.
Agree, with you about winning out and there are different ways to protest which I do not have any control over so be it.

burro
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm in the boat that's going to support and cheer for my team regardless of how bad what I see on the field sucks. That said, if the first half starts out as we can all safely assume it will, I think boos and chants are in order. There's no logic in cheering failure. It's the equivalent of giving all the kids a trophy.

gary
12-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Bob might have his mind made up by now about Gary for all we know as he sould.

disaacks3
12-21-2010, 05:56 PM

I've always thought that teams need their fans more when times are tough. McNair is going to do what he is going to do. In the meantime, I am going to support the players who will likely remain no matter what changes are made. So, the players would automatically assume we were "angry" and / or "ashamed of them? I don't think the players are that dense. I think Andre (specifically) wants a chance to go to the playoffs and would be more than happy to sacrifice his individual numbers (via a coaching change) if that's what it takes to accomplish this.

Aren't these same players used to telling us fans about how much a "business" the NFL is? Following the same logic, WINNING is the currency the fans accept. If the players aren't upholding their end of the deal, by generating wins, they should expect the wrath they receive from the fans to also be part of the "business." Yep! That's why I haven't been surprised to hear from players that they weren't "hurt" when the fans booed a poor performance. I seem to remember a quote along the lines of "If I'd been in the stands, I'd boo us too!"

gary
12-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Players do NOT want to be on a losing team period. I am done with this mess now.

JB
12-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Just as long as you don't cut down on your vodka purchases... That would scare the hell out of them...

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Just as long as you don't cut down on your vodka purchases... That would scare the hell out of them...

I have no beef with Specs!! :D

Norg
12-21-2010, 06:55 PM
THere are like 17 other teams that have losing records

I dont know Guyzz Thoes fans show up CLE SEA DET DAL

Im really no different im not mad enough to not go to the game something i spend my hard earned money on I bought the tickets and im dang sure going to go there tailgate and enjoy myself

Rey
12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Who the f cares what other fans are doing to calm their frustration with the team...

Do what you are going to do and move on.

Norg
12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
im just saying compare thoes fans to us i dont know what there msg Boards are like but im sure its a little different then Ours less Doom and gloom Prob

i dont know IM so scared of losing our team like the oilers that its going to take alot for me to get really mad like 14 years and no playoffs thats deff in the back of my mind

Lets talk more about our 2nd stringers and team and the offseason i enjoy taking about da players

Carr Bombed
12-21-2010, 07:30 PM

When you're still buying 11 beers (instead of 12), I don't think that's really going to show them Bill.

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 07:50 PM
unequivocably the worst idea ever & you pick 1 exchange out of tons throughout the year to say that their effort has been poor all season?

iyo

Texecutioner
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM

So according to you it's only awsome if you're cheering on the team no matter what is displayed no matter how much money you're spending to watch this team you're rooting for? What world of sunshine and lolipopps do you live in? That's not realistic.

Many of these fans have been here for ages and have been here far before the Texans ever arrived into town. They've got a lot of passion for this city and how their team represents it competitively. You can sit around and applaud Mcnair all that you want no matter what he does or doesn't do just because he owns a football team, but I'll boo them on poor efforts and a bad display of being unprepared in a game. I'll voice my frustration around this city until some sort of major change at HC is made, because I'm a football fan and a Houston fan that wants to see competency and has high standards of what I'd like to see out of my team. Those standards have never been met under this regime and if people aren't taking action right now or never did in the past than every owner would do absolutely nothing for their teams because they wouldn't have to. Like I said, it's a very unrealistic way to view things if you think that we've got a poor coach which isn't really debatable at this point in time now.

HTown2ATX
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
All I can say is that I have been and always will be a Houston die hard for every sport and accomplishment sports or otherwise out of HTown. Anyone who knows me or pays attention to my posts knows this. Hell, I refused to even watch football on a consistent basis between the Oilers and Texans. So yes, if I may say so, I am a hardcore and loyal fan not to even mention alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my gear, collectibles, etc...

That said I am also damn near broke. So no, I do not have season tickets and when I get to go I stay all damn day and soak it up.

I AM pissed off enough though that I genuinely feel that if I COULD afford season tickets I would renew them, but I would send in the remainder of this year's tickets back to the box office as protest.

Why? Not because of Kubiak or the players or the never ending litany of shitscapade endings to games, but because of McNair.

You don't effing come out and say that the team is "on the right track" during this latest circumference around the toilet. What kind of patsy ***** listens to the other owners tell him how much they love his team and he not realize the reason WHY they love his team is because they know it is like a bye week for THEIR team and almost a guaranteed W.

Too bad Marvin Zindler is gone. Someone needs to find out just how the eff he became a billionaire with teddy bear snuggle wuggle approaches to this kind of shit?!?!?!?!

Texan_Bill
12-21-2010, 09:32 PM
When you're still buying 11 beers (instead of 12), I don't think that's really going to show them Bill.

Alright, I will also cut-out my obligatory "nasty dog"... (Chili cheese, all the way dog), which is merely used to handle my drunken munchies at halftime!!! How's that? :D

wildroot
12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Sounds logical, but it's application can be a little inappropriate. I don't want to chastise one of the best wr's ever, especially one that continues to ride things out with us. I'm just not that negative of a person.

I gotta believe players like AJ and Arian have enough snap to realize that the fan's frusration isn't aimed at them but rather Kubiak & Bush. Hell, they know what's going on.

Ranger Tom
12-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Alright, I will also cut-out my obligatory "nasty dog"... (Chili cheese, all the way dog), which is merely used to handle my drunken munchies at halftime!!! How's that? :D

Dear God, Bill, are things really so bad that you need the nuclear option?!

JB
12-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Dear God, Bill, are things really so bad that you need the nuclear option?!

The savings in toxic gas decontamination will probably make them the 5th most profitable franchise in the world...

Shaft75
12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
You don't effing come out and say that the team is "on the right track" during this latest circumference around the toilet. What kind of patsy ***** listens to the other owners tell him how much they love his team and he not realize the reason WHY they love his team is because they know it is like a bye week for THEIR team and almost a guaranteed W.

Really? Guaranteed a W? Playing us is like a bye week?

That's pretty harsh and narrow minded. Now if you say they know we'll find a way to lose, then that's fair, but the Texans are hardly a bye week of a team.

We're talking about a team that can't make it to the playoffs, not a terrible 1 to 2 win team. I think the whole debate about a protest stems from the fact Uncle Bob is okay with mediocrity.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2010, 10:31 AM

http://www.ahwatukeescreenandawning.com/uimages/product_page_images/Screen_Doors_II.jpg

eriadoc
12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
*shrug* ..... I already did my part. Ball's in your court.

BullNation4Life
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
:lol: "I'm gonna march right up to Mr.McNair and hand deliver my tickets!":lol: Like you would even be able to get 100 ft from him to deliver them. you don't think he hasn't stepped up the security around his box for those "disgruntle fans" that want to send a message?

The whole idea is ridonkulous.....:kubepalm::wadepalm::mariopalm:

disaacks3
12-22-2010, 12:27 PM

So YOU're the Phantom Pharter! :roast:

Malloy
12-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Or everyone shows up, then proceeds to turn their back to the field for an entire quarter. THAT would get media attention too :)

Carr Bombed
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
:lol: "I'm gonna march right up to Mr.McNair and hand deliver my tickets!":lol: Like you would even be able to get 100 ft from him to deliver them. you don't think he hasn't stepped up the security around his box for those "disgruntle fans" that want to send a message?

The whole idea is ridonkulous.....:kubepalm::wadepalm::mariopalm:

You do know that the guy said he never expected to see McNair right?

BullNation4Life
12-23-2010, 01:50 AM
You do know that the guy said he never expected to see McNair right?

Nope, didn't care to even read that far. The whole idea is asinine...

Like I've said before, you want to make a statement, it needs to be one that is news worthy, not TexansTalk message board worthy...

the billboard idea is the way to go.

Koolaid Time
12-23-2010, 11:30 AM

So when we see HazMat Teams and the Stretcher Bearers start coming down into the stands, it will be because of you?

Koolaid Time
12-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Not to derail this thread (didn't want to start a new thread about this) but anyways, I know some NFL teams allow season-ticket holders a chance to be present at meetings with HC and or management and ask them questions about the franchise as the Lions did after there 0-16 season.

Do the Texans allow this or hold a season-ticket holder meeting with the HC or GM and allow them to express there concerns? I think this is a good way for the team to allow fans to voice there opinions and make them feel that what they have to say actually counts.

David Bailiff does that over at Rice. Things often get very "interesting" in these meetings.

If Kubiak held these meetings he would be wearing Kevlar and be sitting behind a 1 inch polycarbonate screen.

Kimmy
12-27-2010, 11:00 PM
This thing is gaining legs ....

Chron Link (http://blogs.chron.com/fanzone/2010/12/fans_organizing_fire_gary_kubi.html)

Kimmy
12-27-2010, 11:04 PM
And this link (http://www.khou.com/news/local/-Houston-Texans-fan-plans-anti-Kubiak-protest---112525279.html) has video and was featured on channel 11

Wolf
12-27-2010, 11:11 PM
After the Denver game and seeing the press conference. I personally feel he knows the writing is on the wall.

Waste of time now.

Mr. White
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
This thing is gaining legs ....

Chron Link (http://blogs.chron.com/fanzone/2010/12/fans_organizing_fire_gary_kubi.html)

I was wondering what the question at the press conference was talking about. The "ticket turn-in" never really caught on.

Those comments are for to laugh.

hookinreds
12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Just what everyone wants...don't renew your season tickets so that some broker can get them and sell them overpriced to visiting fans. Genius...that will really make a dent in Bob's wallet.

Koolaid Time
12-28-2010, 09:26 AM
After the Denver game and seeing the press conference. I personally feel he knows the writing is on the wall.

Waste of time now.

I'd be surprised if he lasted past Tuesday of next week.

DerekLee1
12-28-2010, 09:30 AM
No thank you. Signs and booing are one thing, but I ain't giving up my tickets. EVERY team eventually turns it around (see: 2009 Saints), and I want my Bull Pen seats when it happens.

HOU-TEX
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
No thank you. Signs and booing are one thing, but I ain't giving up my tickets. EVERY team eventually turns it around (see: 2009 Saints), and I want my Bull Pen seats when it happens.

Agreed! +Rep

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Whether one agrees with this approach or not, one thing has become quite obvious. This city is desparate for a winner. Now, it will have gone "national."

[ESPN] Updated: December 28, 2010, 9:24 AM ET

Fans plan rally to sack Gary (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5962120)

A pair of Houston Texans fans who believe coach Gary Kubiak should be fired are organizing a rally for Sunday to make their point, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Fans Brad White and Scott Carter are hoping the demonstration before Sunday's season finale against the Jacksonville Jaguars will help convince team owner Bob McNair to change coaches, according to the report.

"I want to stress that I don't want people to come out to bash Kubiak," White told the Chronicle. "We don't want vulgar signs out there. We're not there to bash him. We're there to say that we want a change."

The Texans, who this season were thought to have their best chance of finally reaching the playoffs, instead have struggled to a 5-10 record.

"Five years has been enough," White said of Kubiak's coaching tenure in Houston, according to the report. "We've regressed this year. Minus a couple players, we believe the players aren't responding to [the coaching staff] anymore."

Kubiak's contract runs through the 2012 season, and McNair offered a vote of confidence for his coach two weeks ago -- after the team rallied from 21 points down to tie, but eventually lose, a Monday night game to Baltimore.

With Sunday's loss to Denver, Kubiak's record slipped to 36-43 through five seasons.

The Texans' defense ranks 29th overall and last against the pass, allowing 277 yards per game. Houston also has allowed 32 touchdown passes and 17 pass plays covering at least 40 yards, both league highs, and most of those defensive breakdowns have occurred in the fourth quarter.

The Texans have led or been tied in the fourth quarter of seven of their past eight games, and lost all but one of those.

Kubiak learned about the rally during his weekly news conference Monday, according to the report.

"It's part of my job, and I understand that," he said, according to the report. "I came here to win games and do a job to win games. That's what Bob [McNair] pays me to do. It's not a lack of effort and work, and it won't be this week, neither. So, I'm OK with all that."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I'll join in on the protest... ...after the game.

blitz90
12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78689

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I will be booing these protesting morons.

Beat Jacksonville and dash their playoff hopes!

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Is there a predictive message that is hidden in this statement of Kubiak's??

"It's part of my job, and I understand that," he said, according to the report. "I came here to win games and do a job to win games. That's what Bob [McNair] pays me to do. It's not a lack of effort and work, and it won't be this week, neither. So, I'm OK with all that."

b0ng
12-28-2010, 09:52 AM
After thinking about it for a week (And watching the Texans lose again), I find that the idea of a ticket turn-in (or whatever) for the Jacksonville game is silly. I don't think it's going to effect the decision of whether Kubiak should be retained (My best guess is that decision has already been made) and I do think it'll make our stadium look awfully silly on national tv if there are a bunch of people with signs outside of Reliant like they are some sort of pissed off hot dog vendors.

I just feel that all this stuff should be happening next year at the games if we are still rocking the same staff and front office in 2011. This year is already toast and we aren't getting next year's HC in place before the season is over. There's nobody on the staff currently that I could even fathom being a HC for an NFL team, so I wouldn't even care who the interim coach would be.

I still have no idea why we extended Kubiak in the offseason.

Mr teX
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
After thinking about it for a week (And watching the Texans lose again), I find that the idea of a ticket turn-in (or whatever) for the Jacksonville game is silly. I don't think it's going to effect the decision of whether Kubiak should be retained (My best guess is that decision has already been made) and I do think it'll make our stadium look awfully silly on national tv if there are a bunch of people with signs outside of Reliant like they are some sort of pissed off hot dog vendors.

I just feel that all this stuff should be happening next year at the games if we are still rocking the same staff and front office in 2011. This year is already toast and we aren't getting next year's HC in place before the season is over. There's nobody on the staff currently that I could even fathom being a HC for an NFL team, so I wouldn't even care who the interim coach would be.

I still have no idea why we extended Kubiak in the offseason.

Yes, people are taking this WAAAYYYYY too serious. Houston Texan football isn't something that you can't live without & for things like that, & If its getting folks this riled up, do yourself a favor & simply don't participate. The effect is 2-fold. You'll be much more stable & there will be changes made.......eventually.

scourge
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Even ESPN has an article about this. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5962120)

Thorn
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Even ESPN has an article about this. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5962120)

From that article:

The Texans have led or been tied in the fourth quarter of seven of their past eight games, and lost all but one of those.

And that just sucks. Bigtime.

DX-TEX
12-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Could this backfire? Make any HC candidates not want to come here?

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Could this backfire? Make any HC candidates not want to come here?

New York , Philadelphia, Pittsburg, among others don't seem to have too much difficulty filling their HC positions.

I wouldn't want a coach who gets his feelings hurt by the media or their fans.

EARN IT.

Pantherstang84
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM

I was thinking the same thing. It's like he knows already.

Yankee_In_TX
12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I will be booing these protesting morons.

Beat Jacksonville and dash their playoff hopes!

I don't know - part of me wants to lay down, like the Colts did for the Jets last year.

nero THE zero
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't know - part of me wants to lay down, like the Colts did for the Jets last year.
1. Revenge
2. Better chance of Kubiak being fired
3. Better draft pick

It's like you're rooting against the team if you're rooting for them.

DerekLee1
12-28-2010, 11:27 AM

I'd kinda like to see Dorin Dickerson and Matt Leinart play.

CharloTex
12-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Judging from what was raised/bolded/colored in his post, I think he was pointing out that Kubes employed the double negative, which doesn't SPEAK well to his chances of staying. Just saying. Or not.

I'm not saying there's no way he's not going to be fired. :kitten:

That's my interpretation/prediction. :)

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Then I will boo part of you!

Lol.

If I know you like I think I do.... you will be cheering on our Texans once you get into it. Of course... provided we have a game like we did against the Patriots last season or the Seahawks destruction.

The picture of you with your arms crossed in the Chronicle still is embedded in my mind. The ultimate disappointed fan.

See you both on Sunday!!!

CharloTex
12-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I know, as sure as I know the day is long, that the best thing for next year's Texans team is that they lose this game to Jacksonville, so between now and Sunday at 3:15 p.m., I will be hoping and angling for the Texans to lose. But, at 3:15 p.m. on Sunday, I will again become hypnotized (by Kubiak's clock mismanagement no doubt) and I will resume full-scale, unconditional rooting for the Texans to kick the Jags tails into oblivion and win, win win!!

If they lose, I will be furious, until Monday morning.

J_R
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I assume one of those 2 guys in the article CnD posted were one of the guys who created firegarykubiak.com?

Well if so, no more rally.

Due to unrelenting hate mail and threats, I have decided that I am taking the site down. It was initially created as a fun place for people to gather who had the same thought process as I did. I really never intended for this to get as big as it did, and have no desire in taking on the world. Thank you to all of the supporters, and others that voiced their opinions. Time will tell if we get a new coach.

I also wanted to point out that the Shirts, Petition, and Rally were not my ideas, they were requests that came to me from Texans fans. I also want to point out that this was never designed to make money, to date I have barely made enough to pay for the site.

This site was created for me to have fun, and instead has ruined the game of football for me. I will not be attending the rally so to those of you that wanted to meet me to "punch me in the face", there is no need for you to go. If the rally continues, it will not be because I continued to promote it, it will be because OTHER fans think that it is a good idea, and want a way to voice their opiions, maybe you could punch some of them in my place.

Furthermore I would like to point out that I have NEVER attacked Gary Kubiak as a person and I never would. I think he is a fine person, and a great offensive mind. I simply wanted better for the team, for the city, and for the fans. I see now that in voicing that opinion it only breeds hate and discontent, something that I don’t want to surround myself with.

Thanks again to everyone who was on board, and thanks to the others that have managed to ruin football for yet another Houston fan.

The contact email account will also be disabled, so there is no need to continue to try and send me nasty-grams.

I turely hope that the Texans do well next year, with or without Kubiak.

DonnyMost
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll see you guys out there.

I won't be hard to find.

http://www.tomorrowlands.org/images/monk-fire.jpg

Double Barrel
12-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes, people are taking this WAAAYYYYY too serious. Houston Texan football isn't something that you can't live without & for things like that, & If its getting folks this riled up, do yourself a favor & simply don't participate. The effect is 2-fold. You'll be much more stable & there will be changes made.......eventually.

We've had our differences of opinions regarding Kubiak, but in the end we agree on the fundamental aspects of being a fan. I agree completely with your above post. Perspective is always in order to keep this entertainment medium from defining you as a person and influencing your mental and emotional state of mind.

I always think of voicing my opinion as a fan to be in the "football bubble", as I call it. Get riled up and chat/debate within that bubble, but as soon as you step out of it, let it go and live life.

Being a Texans fanatic neither defines me nor does it impact my well-being. I learned that hard lesson after 35-3, and it's one that I will never let myself forget. There are many important things in life, and watching football should probably not be high on that list at the end of the day. JMO.

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I assume one of those 2 guys in the article CnD posted were one of the guys who created firegarykubiak.com?

Well if so, no more rally.

Due to unrelenting hate mail and threats, I have decided that I am taking the site down. It was initially created as a fun place for people to gather who had the same thought process as I did. I really never intended for this to get as big as it did, and have no desire in taking on the world. Thank you to all of the supporters, and others that voiced their opinions. Time will tell if we get a new coach.

I also wanted to point out that the Shirts, Petition, and Rally were not my ideas, they were requests that came to me from Texans fans. I also want to point out that this was never designed to make money, to date I have barely made enough to pay for the site.

This site was created for me to have fun, and instead has ruined the game of football for me. I will not be attending the rally so to those of you that wanted to meet me to "punch me in the face", there is no need for you to go. If the rally continues, it will not be because I continued to promote it, it will be because OTHER fans think that it is a good idea, and want a way to voice their opiions, maybe you could punch some of them in my place.

Furthermore I would like to point out that I have NEVER attacked Gary Kubiak as a person and I never would. I think he is a fine person, and a great offensive mind. I simply wanted better for the team, for the city, and for the fans. I see now that in voicing that opinion it only breeds hate and discontent, something that I don’t want to surround myself with.

Thanks again to everyone who was on board, and thanks to the others that have managed to ruin football for yet another Houston fan.

The contact email account will also be disabled, so there is no need to continue to try and send me nasty-grams.

I turely hope that the Texans do well next year, with or without Kubiak.

Lol. Sounds like Bob's got to be feeling a little better about keeping Kubiak.

The threats were unnecessary though. Boo to the threateners!

Yankee_In_TX
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
We've had our differences of opinions regarding Kubiak, but in the end we agree on the fundamental aspects of being a fan. I agree completely with your above post. Perspective is always in order to keep this entertainment medium from defining you as a person and influencing your mental and emotional state of mind.

Except for the punch to the gut feeling when you take a hard loss (...back when we had playoff hopes) - I 100% agree.

Double Barrel
12-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Except for the punch to the gut feeling when you take a hard loss (...back when we had playoff hopes) - I 100% agree.

Yeah, I'm not gonna' lie. There are times when those losses just pissed me off. But, I quickly check the emotions and refuse to allow them to infect the rest of my day. I've got too much to be positive about than let this product steal my joy in life. :)

Now, however, it's apathy that I'm fighting within myself. I can't shake the feeling that I just don't care anymore...at least at this point. I'm still a fan and will watch in 2011, but honestly, if they decide to continue on our current course, I doubt that I'll pay much attention to the franchise in the off-season. Einstein's definition of insanity keeps running through my mind.

[/football bubble]

kiwitexansfan
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Lol. Sounds like Bob's got to be feeling a little better about keeping Kubiak.

The threats were unnecessary though. Boo to the threateners!

WOW, people need to get a life on both sides of this argument.

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM

I'm not sure what I've said to warrant that kind of response from you...

drs23
12-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Whether one agrees with this approach or not, one thing has become quite obvious. This city is desparate for a winner. Now, it will have gone "national."

SH, is that you? :kitten:

gary
12-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Why fire Kubiak rally is a bad idea.
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/12/why_a_fire_gary_kubiak_rally_i.php

Mr teX
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Why fire Kubiak rally is a bad idea.
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/12/why_a_fire_gary_kubiak_rally_i.php

funny article..especially the part about bucky richardson..

gary
12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
funny article..especially the part about bucky richardson..
Bagwell, too.

NitroGSXR
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Once again, I'm not sure what I've said to warrant that kind of comment from you... can you please elaborate?

HJam72
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
I wasn't involved in the argument, but I do need to get a life. :)