PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Kubiak is smarter than we think

gafftop
12-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Could Kubiak be smarter than we think? Is he trying to set himself up to get fired so he gets his salary with the intention of going to Denver? Did he panic when McNair said he had confidence that the team is going the right direction and decide he needed to make a point in the Titan game? Has he decided that he doesn't want to come back to the Texans because if the owner is that clueless he doesn't even want to be a part of the organization? Kind of like in Pineapple Express when the guy says if you will take me back i don't want you anymore because you are clueless. What do you think????

Runner
12-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Could Kubiak be smarter than we think? Is he trying to set himself up to get fired so he gets his salary with the intention of going to Denver? Did he panic when McNair said he had confidence that the team is going the right direction and decide he needed to make a point in the Titan game? Has he decided that he doesn't want to come back to the Texans because if the owner is that clueless he doesn't even want to be a part of the organization? Kind of like in Pineapple Express when the guy says if you will take me back i don't want you anymore because you are clueless. What do you think????

The only part of this post that I agree with is that Kubiak is certainly smarter than I give him credit for. :)

Rey
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
No.

gtexan02
12-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Why would anyone want to go to Denver?

burro
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
why would anyone want to go to denver?

qft.

Thorn
12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I think Kubiak wants to stay here with the Texans rather than move. As to if the Kubinator would pull something like that I can't say, but covering your ass is something we all do.

TheCD
12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Why would anyone want to go to Denver?

How could you not get into Heaven with Timmy Tebow as your QB? :sarcasm:

HJam72
12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Kubiak does seem to have a lot more intellect than common sense, but he's not doing that. He just outsmarts himself. He's like an overaggressive chess player with no D.

The1ApplePie
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
I can picture it like that South Park episode where Mr. Garrison kept trying to get fired because he was gay. He kept ramping it up and people were still tolerating him.

jaayteetx
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I can picture it like that South Park episode where Mr. Garrison kept trying to get fired because he was gay. He kept ramping it up and people were still tolerating him.

Isn't Southpark supposed to be in Colorado? Interesting....

gary
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I disagree. Wouldn't totally tanking the season away make him not as appealing for a new job?

houstonspartan
12-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I really don't think that's the case. These guys are competitive and getting fired is getting fired and is likely embarassing, even with the big payout. And, Gary's from here, and I believe him when he has said he wants to bring winning to his hometown.

I don't think he's tanking the team on purpose. I just think he's overwhelmed and a really bad leader.

gary
12-20-2010, 12:05 PM
No one wants to lose and I don't care who they are or where they are from. Untill I a hear Gary himself utter these words this is not true. Everyone wants to be a winner.

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes. Kubiak is a mastermind. And Jacques Reeves detonated CIA-planted bombs in the World Trade Center before selling Texans defensive secrets to other teams.

gafftop
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
LOL. I don't believe it either, but I think it is very possible that Kubiak is gone at the end of the season and ends up fat and happy in Denver in some capacity.

Corrosion
12-20-2010, 07:25 PM

This is Kubiak's "Dream Job" .... your post is absolutely crazy.

Pantherstang84
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
How could you not get into Heaven with Timmy Tebow as your QB? :sarcasm:

Seriously. We need to stop with the Christianity insults when talking about Tebow. I see it on this board and hear it on the radio. Just stop it. If you don't like the guy fine but don't insult Christianity to just twist your dagger at him and try to make yourself look cute. /soapbox

Marcus
12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Go anywhere outside of Houston and you ask about Dom Capers, he's a very good defensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers.

And next year, you go anywhere outside Houston, Gary Kubiak will be a very good offensive coordinator for some team.

And next year, inside Houston, there will be numerous "Fire (next Houston Texans head coach)" threads.

Bring on the lockout. Bring on No NFL season.

Carr Bombed
12-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Go anywhere outside of Houston and you ask about Dom Capers, he's a very good defensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers.

And next year, you go anywhere outside Houston, Gary Kubiak will be a very good offensive coordinator for some team.

And next year, inside Houston, there will be numerous "Fire (next Houston Texans head coach)" threads.

Bring on the lockout. Bring on No NFL season.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uekyjQXowno/S5K_TBEIOaI/AAAAAAAAEdg/Lx0BGeCt-SA/s400/eeyore.jpg
:)