PDA

View Full Version : Justice: Defeatism surfaces in Texans' locker room

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Mr. McNair: Quit peddling to the Houston Fans your "Chinese Drywall" Football Team. If you don't step in , Clean House, and take some definitive action to stop this NOW, you deserve every bad thing that is going to happen to you. In other words, you will own the AFC version of the Detroit Lions.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. Texans coach Gary Kubiak stood there so defeated and dispirited, so utterly out of answers.

He had just watched his players quit on him - not just on him but on themselves and on the owner who continues to believe in them.

This appears to be a first. Even in the worst of times, the Texans always played hard, fought until the end. Not this time. They seemed disinterested in competing, apparently ready to pack their cars and head for those offseason vacations.

So they fell behind by 21 points in the first quarter, getting run off the field by a team that had lost six in a row and been tied with the Texans for last place in the AFC South.

"This is embarrassing," safety Bernard Pollard said after a 31-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday dropped the Texans to 5-9 and ended any thought of a winning season or a come-from-nowhere run to a playoff berth.

Kubiak would never put it that way. He's going to protect his players, even the ones who don't deserve protecting. But he surely learned a lot about them on a day the Texans had more penalties (nine) than first downs (six) in the first half.

"I thought we looked slow," Kubiak said. "Guys looked slow moving around."

That's a nice way of saying they just weren't into it, that winning was more important to the other guys.

"The display of defense in that first quarter and a half was horrible," linebacker Brian Cushing said. "What it is, I don't know. I don't know what's going on or what happened with us."

The Texans lost the tough battles inside along with plenty of the little ones outside. They could neither run the ball (30 yards) nor stop the run (147 yards). They had breakdowns in protection, special teams, you name it.

The week began with Texans owner Bob McNair solidly in his coach's corner, adding, astonishingly, that he believed his franchise to be on the right track. But a game like this one surely rattled his confidence, because it was so inexcusable.
Kubiak helpless

"We have the talent, but we're making mistake after mistake," Pollard said. "It's all of us. At a certain point, you don't know what to say."

To fire Kubiak at this point would be an act of mercy. Whatever his message, it's not getting through.

"We got it handed to us pretty good today," Kubiak said. "They outcoached us. They outplayed us. They beat us up pretty good."

The Titans were up 14-0 midway through the first quarter, and whenever the Texans seemed close to making it competitive, they did something dumb.

How about those nine first-half penalties?

"I don't know," Kubiak said. "Concentration?"

Those are the words of a beaten man. He's the guy who has defended his players at every turn, but for whatever reason, they've decided he's not worth fighting for.

Now a word about an offense that's supposed to be one of the best in the NFL - sixth in yards, ninth in points.

Just goes to show that you can twist numbers to prove almost anything. The Texans aren't a good offensive team, at least not when it counts.
Inconsistency remains

They're averaging 8.1 points in the first half, 2.6 points in the first quarter. In their past four losses, they've been outscored 95-30 in the first half.

The Texans are an unstoppable offensive team only after they have fallen way behind.

"Good teams play well from start to finish, and we're not doing that," linebacker Kevin Bentley said. "After the first couple of minutes, you start to ask, 'Where's our energy?' 

In defense of that offense, its job is tougher because the Texans give up so many points. An opposing defense can take chances because it knows its offense will score a boatload of points.

Once the Titans got a lead, they were free to blitz from every angle, and Matt Schaub took another terrible beating. That he continues to pick himself back up is a tribute to his toughness and guts.

He, too, had a bad first half, but the Texans could use 50 others who care as much as Schaub.

Cushing, Andre Johnson and Arian Foster are playing hurt, and in every corner of the locker room, there's the recognition of a season of optimism having come undone.

"I don't know what to think," Johnson said. "They pretty much just kicked our butts. That's pretty much been our season."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7346954.html

TheMatrix31
12-20-2010, 05:58 AM
I don't think the team has quit. This is EXACTLY how we expect games to play out nowadays. They're "trying" out there, but it ends up being the same **** as usual.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Dishman
12-20-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't think the team has quit. This is EXACTLY how we expect games to play out nowadays. They're "trying" out there, but it ends up being the same **** as usual.

So... Keep plugging along as-is?

What's ordinary to the Texans may be pretty damn shameful to some of us.

TheMatrix31
12-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Never said keep plugging along as is. Where do you get that from my post? I'm saying the team hasn't quit on him.

He'd be fired a couple hours from now if it were up to me.

Dishman
12-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Never said keep plugging along as is. Where do you get that from my post? I'm saying the team hasn't quit on him.

I'm not taking that from your post. I'm just wondering, now what? This team feels like a rudderless ship.

hradhak
12-20-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm not taking that from your post. I'm just wondering, now what? This team feels like a rudderless ship.

You let him play the last 2 games and then you send him packing. Not much else you really can do. The play to this point has been terrible.

Runner
12-20-2010, 07:38 AM
It isn't defeatism, it's realism. The players know a lot more about football and what is going on than fans do. If 80% of the fan base has figured out this team isn't getting any better and has little hope to under current conditions, you can bet the players do.

Until this point it hasn't stopped them from bailing as fast as they can, but they may have finally admitted to themselves the ship is sinking no matter what they do.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
If you were at a company for 5 years and and your division was run by this really nice guy but every year there were always "fires" to put out and last minute deadlines that were either barely made or missed, you'd become a little frayed or frazzled. Your division would get no recognition. Mentally it would be tough, despite having the job. You'd probably think of what it was like in other divisions or at other jobs. These guys have to be at that point no matter how long they have been there. Every profession has a point where the grass is greener elsewhere.

TheOgre
12-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Prior to yesterday, I didn't think McNair would fire Kubiak. His team quit on him yesterday, and that is grounds for his dismissal. At this point, if he doesn't fire him, it is strictly because of the Lockout and the limited time a new coach would have to put in a new system.

Blake
12-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Prior to yesterday, I didn't think McNair would fire Kubiak. His team quit on him yesterday, and that is grounds for his dismissal. At this point, if he doesn't fire him, it is strictly because of the Lockout and the limited time a new coach would have to put in a new system.

The team quit on Kubiak, McNair, Smith, the entire oganization, and didnt even really try to win the game when we were still mathematically in the playoff hunt.

At least thats how it looked to me.

Tailgate
12-20-2010, 08:39 AM
What did anyone really expect yesterday?? Mario was put on the shelf leading up to the game. We had like 6 of the worse losses a team could take in a row.

BullNation4Life
12-20-2010, 08:49 AM
The team quit on Kubiak, McNair, Smith, the entire oganization, and didnt even really try to win the game when we were still mathematically in the playoff hunt.

that is how it looked to me as well. Defeated, beaten down and disinterested pretty much sums up the 2010 Houston Texans. Starting go from Pathetic to just sad now....

DexmanC
12-20-2010, 08:50 AM

They only thing they're "trying" to do is make it to the offseason without
getting hurt. Can't say I blame them. Discipline is breaking down on this
team, and the owner is wringing his hands about following through on the
correct solution.

OzzO
12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh man, sooooo glad I didn't watch the game yesterday (on vacation) and completely forgot they were on. That woulda been time wasted on time I don't need to waste. So, the team quit, huh? Finally to that point of nothing to play for. No 4 wins in a row to pull out of one's nether region this year and make it look like a "close season"... to make it look like we're on the right track.

Nothing out of the ordinary though. When a team is out of it - all that's left is to play for pride and spoliers, but it sounds like this team doesn't want to play that this year. Just can't get to play up at the end of the year, huh coach? No miracle 2 quarter finish to make it a game and a moral victory where other owner's tell your boss you're on the right track (cause apparently, he's not sure of himself? No gut feeling?)

But that is a new one, though. No offense? Uh oh. Nothing to hang your hat on this time.

IDEXAN
12-20-2010, 09:30 AM
The Texans fade here at the end of the season has turned into an all-out collapse. This is incident is very disappointing.

Buffi2
12-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I switched to the Indy game after the first two plays - or two penalties in Texan talk.

I don't think that the players gave up this badly during the 2-14 season. This is really hard to watch. Being bad is one thing - giving up is another entirely.

Texans_Chick
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
This was a bad bad bad defense with DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams.

Without them, they are also a bad bad bad defense.

The entirety of the story of the Texans isn't quit versus non quit.

When the Texans offense plays lights out, the Texans win games or keep it close, despite a terrible defense.

When the Texans offense struggles, then the Texans have little chance and get crushed.

This defense is terrible. The special teams in the past has had years where they've helped out some with field position but not so much this year.

The Titans issues have been primarily issues at QB and WR. Their defense is ranked 8th in efficiency.

The soft, lazy analysis is that they quit. The hard analysis is that they just aren't that good. One way or another, that may be a distinction without a difference.

DexmanC
12-20-2010, 10:07 AM

When the Texans offense plays lights out, the Texans win games or keep it close, despite a terrible defense.

When the Texans offense struggles, then the Texans have little chance and get crushed.

This defense is terrible. The special teams in the past has had years where they've helped out some with field position but not so much this year.

The Titans issues have been primarily issues at QB and WR. Their defense is ranked 8th in efficiency.

The soft, lazy analysis is that they quit. The hard analysis is that they just aren't that good. One way or another, that may be a distinction without a difference.

Normally, I'd agree with you. However, yesterday's game had something
the other games this season didn't. There was a complete and total
breakdown in focus and discipline in all phases of the game from
the very first snap, to the very end.

That one addition brings me to the conclusion that this team quit.

SheTexan
12-20-2010, 10:08 AM

Most of all, the team quit on the fans! They all know how much we hate the Titans, BUT, they didn't give a hoot (I'm being nice) and let us all down. Heck, we already knew we weren't going to the playoffs, and all we had left was a little hope that we could sweep the team we hate the most. They are an arrogant bunch of pricks IMHO and I'm sick of their defeatest attitude. Setting themselves up to be the laughing stock of the NFL is inexcusable, and very sad! That pathetic loss yesterday was on the TEAM, pure and simple! JMHO!! I haven't been a huge Kubiak fan since day ONE, but, yesterdays loss was not on him. Our team was defeated before they set foot in Nashville.

DX-TEX
12-20-2010, 10:08 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/jhu6gp.jpg

At least they broke the cycle this year!! No .500 "moral victory"!!

:hurrah::specnatz::whip:

Hervoyel
12-20-2010, 10:11 AM
I believe that the Texans players like Gary and aren't going to come out and throw him under the bus but their play says a lot more about his coaching than their words. After McNair did his "We're on the right track" thing the team obviously saw that if they wanted a change in direction they were going to have to take it to a new level. Expect two more weeks of this regardless of what comes out of their mouths.

They may think the world of Gary Kubiak the person but they will not perform for Gary Kubiak the coach.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 10:35 AM
McNair is going to hire Dan Reeves again and ask him who should be fired.

Double Barrel
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Gary said it perfectly to describe who he is as a head coach after the game. It was the interview with Bob Allen for the "After The Game" show at 10:30 (ch. 13 ABC).

His words were "If I could put my finger on it [why they are losing], I would."

Think about this for a second, let it sink in. The head coach, who this team, staff, attitude, schemes, etc. represent, just doesn't know what's wrong with his team by his own words. He just can't quite figure out what is wrong.

These words have FAIL written all over it, and this team represents their head coach well.

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 11:25 AM

I'd normally agree, but the overarching problem is a head coach who can't impress a personality into the players. Even untalented players can play with discipline under an effective head coach.

Gary said it perfectly to describe who he is as a head coach after the game. It was the interview with Bob Allen for the "After The Game" show at 10:30 (ch. 13 ABC).

Think about this for a second, let it sink in. The head coach, who this team, staff, attitude, schemes, etc. represent, just doesn't know what's wrong with his team by his own words. He just can't quite figure out what is wrong.

These words have FAIL written all over it, and this team represents their head coach well.

When an accomplished coach says this in the middle of an uncharacteristic slump, he is protected by his own credibility. When an unproven coach consciously says this at the end of an utter disappointment of a season, it probably means he has conceded defeat.

I don't think Kubiak will be fired. I think he'll resign as soon as the season is over.

houstonspartan
12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd normally agree, but the overarching problem is a head coach who can't impress a personality into the players. Even untalented players can play with discipline under an effective head coach.

When an accomplished coach says this in the middle of an uncharacteristic slump, he is protected by his own credibility. When an unproven coach consciously says this at the end of an utter disappointment of a season, it probably means he has conceded defeat.

I don't think Kubiak will be fired. I think he'll resign as soon as the season is over.

I just don't see anyone quitting with two years left on a contract, voiding it, and walking away from millions of dollars. I just don't see that.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Gary doesn't have "put a finger" on anything.

All he has to do is look in the damn mirror.

There it is.... see it Gary? That's whats wrong, you F'ing moron.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 12:17 PM
I just don't see anyone quitting with two years left on a contract, voiding it, and walking away from millions of dollars. I just don't see that.

By the end of this week he will be planning his "Bail Out" to Denver.

DX-TEX
12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
By the end of this week he will be planning his "Bail Out" to Denver.

Dont know if you are joiking or not but this whole "Denver wants Kubiak" thing could be a pretty big X factor in this whole situation. The Broncos could see it as an opportunity to make a move for Kubiak and get him cheap. Or they could just say **** it he is going to be fired anyway.

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
This Atlanta Falcon commercial keeps coming on TV (for NFL Play 60) and everytime it comes on, I get upset. Mike Smith has his team at 11-2 in just his third season. What a turnaround that Falcons team was. Dunta Robinson is in the commercial dancing along like all of them. Kubiak needs to go.

steelbtexan
12-20-2010, 12:33 PM

What made you change your position?

It looked like the team quit on Kubes yesterday.

They might not even be able to beat the lowly Broncos next week.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Dont know if you are joiking or not but this whole "Denver wants Kubiak" thing could be a pretty big X factor in this whole situation. The Broncos could see it as an opportunity to make a move for Kubiak and get him cheap. Or they could just say **** it he is going to be fired anyway.

I'm serious. But then again Denver's opinion about Kubiak could change if the Broncos light up the Texans on Sunday.

Runner
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
This Atlanta Falcon commercial keeps coming on TV (for NFL Play 60) and everytime it comes on, I get upset. Mike Smith has his team at 11-2 in just his third season. What a turnaround that Falcons team was. Dunta Robinson is in the commercial dancing along like all of them. Kubiak needs to go.

12-2 if that helps.

TheMatrix31
12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
What made you change your position?

It looked like the team quit on Kubes yesterday.

They might not even be able to beat the lowly Broncos next week.

How do you know what my position is or isnt? I've wanted Kubiak gone since last year. Just because I'm not ready to make every post of mine about his failures and pin every failure on him doesn't mean I didn't want him gone.

And no, the team didn't quit on Kubiak. The team did exactly what they usually do. Get in a big hole early, then show signs of life in the third quarter. Can't work every time. I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Doppelganger
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM

The turnaround is more dramatic than that.

Atl was 4-12 when Smith was hired. After his first season they were 11-5 and made the playoffs, a turnaround of 7 more wins. In his second year they had a regression and won only 9 games (9-7) and missed the playoffs. This year, his third year they are 12-2 and in position to be the #1 seed in the playoffs.

In three years Smith has never had a losing season. Smith's WORST season at 9-7 has been Kubiak's best.

Yeah.

TheCD
12-20-2010, 03:36 PM

Atl was 4-12 when Smith was hired. After his first season they were 11-5 and made the playoffs, a turnaround of 7 more wins. In his second year they had a regression and won only 9 games (9-7) and missed the playoffs. This year, his third year they are 12-2 and in position to be the #1 seed in the playoffs.

In three years Smith has never had a losing season. Smith's WORST season at 9-7 has been Kubiak's best.

Yeah.

To be fair, he didn't have to worry about cleaning up the mess created by Doom Capers and Charlie Asserly. That smug SOB pisses me off every time I see him on t.v.

(Did anyone see the NFLN top 10 draft trades where he boasts that he engineered the Ricky Williams trade with Mike Ditka and got like 10 picks out of him? I thought it was amusing that then they showed sports writers and such blasting the redskins for not building a dynasty ouf of that draft).

That's no excuse for our lack of a turnaroud, but you can't deny those guys totally boned us over.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
To be fair, he didn't have to worry about cleaning up the mess created by Doom Capers and Charlie Asserly. That smug SOB pisses me off every time I see him on t.v.

(Did anyone see the NFLN top 10 draft trades where he boasts that he engineered the Ricky Williams trade with Mike Ditka and got like 10 picks out of him? I thought it was amusing that then they showed sports writers and such blasting the redskins for not building a dynasty ouf of that draft).

That's no excuse for our lack of a turnaroud, but you can't deny those guys totally boned us over.

He did have to clean up the Mike Vick dog mess though and everything that surrounded it. It was pretty dire there. Both QBs were gone...Vick and Schaub. They had a previous coach quit on them. They had lost significant guys to injuries.

JB
12-20-2010, 03:41 PM

Yeah.

And the year berfore they were 7-9, and before that they were 8-8 and the year before they were 11-5 and in the NFC championship game. It's not like they didn't have any talent there when he came in.

Marcus
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM

I'll go with the soft, lazy analysis for this game. But for the season as a whole, the hard analysis comes into play.

Distinction without a difference? Couldn't possibly disagree more. We are just not that good, and that is going to take a lot more to fix than just some coaching change.

Koolaid Time
12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
And the year berfore they were 7-9, and before that they were 8-8 and the year before they were 11-5 and in the NFC championship game. It's not like they didn't have any talent there when he came in.

They didn't have much. In fact, player wise IMO they were in worse shape than the Texans are today.

The "difference" is that Blank has a hell of a Front Office and Talent Evaluation Team.

Rich McKay is "President" of the Team and runs the business side and Dimitroff as GM runs the Football Operations. McKay makes the Texans Jamie Rootes look like a rank amateur. And Rick Smith can't wash Dimitroff's laundry.

JB
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
They didn't have much. In fact, player wise IMO they were in worse shape than the Texans are today.

The "difference" is that Blank has a hell of a Front Office and Talent Evaluation Team.

Rich McKay is "President" of the Team and runs the business side and Dimitroff as GM runs the Football Operations. McKay makes the Texans Jamie Rootes look like a rank amateur. And Rick Smith can't wash Dimitroff's laundry.

Worse shape than the Texans are today. But much better than the Texans were in 2006.

Texan_Lee
12-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I figure they are just going for a higher draft position this coming year... :choke:

Runner
12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Worse shape than the Texans are today. But much better than the Texans were in 2006.

So the Falcons were in somewhat better shape when the new coach took over. He had much better success with the playoffs and sitting as the top team in the league at 12-2 right now. Kubiak took a bad team, got it to 9-7 once, and has a bad team again at 5-9. Which is more successful, even if granted the assumption the Falcons had more to work with?

JB
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
So the Falcons were in somewhat better shape when the new coach took over. He had much better success with the playoffs and sitting as the top team in the league at 12-2 right now. Kubiak took a bad team, got it to 9-7 once, and has a bad team again at 5-9. Which is more successful, even if granted the assumption the Falcons had more to work with?

Hey, I'm not defending Kubiak in anyway. Just if you are going to use another team as a comparison, tell the full story not part of it.

Runner
12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey, I'm not defending Kubiak in anyway. Just if you are going to use another team as a comparison, tell the full story not part of it.

OK. Texans were 7-9 two years before Kubiak got here too. 2-14 was a meltdown from that, much like this year is becoming.

infantrycak
12-20-2010, 06:48 PM
OK. Texans were 7-9 two years before Kubiak got here too. 2-14 was a meltdown from that, much like this year is becoming.

I disagree. The 7-9 team was the aberration. They had 22 INT's to get lucky to have that record. The next year they had just 7 and fell back to what they were, a very bad team.

Runner
12-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I disagree. The 7-9 team was the aberration. They had 22 INT's to get lucky to have that record. The next year they had just 7 and fell back to what they were, a very bad team.

I don't know about that. They climbed to 7-9 with small improvements and fell apart. I don't know if it was luck (with 15 or so lucky interceptions) or if that team reached its maximum potential.

This team climbed to 9-7 with small improvements and fell apart. I wouldn't use similar logic to conclude that 9-7 was an aberration due to an easy schedule. I certainly don't think the team reached it's maximum potential then either - they underperformed 1-2 wins that year. They are falling apart now though.

Rey
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM

I didn't frequent the message board as much back then, but I honestly do not remember many people feeling like the Texans were about to take a step back after that 7-9 season....

From my viewpoint the common sentiment was that the Texans were about to build on that record....

bckey
12-21-2010, 01:40 AM
The 9-7 season was the result of a cream puff schedule. Look at the nfc west this year. Division leaders tied at 6-8. What a joke. This team choked last year when it mattered. Kubiak should have been let go instead of being given an extension. Good ol Bob. Yeah the Texans are on the right track. Unbelievable.

We went 3-1 against the nfc west last year. Throw in the Raiders, Bills and Dolphins and I would say they blew a huge opportunity last year. 1-5 in our own division.

Runner
12-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I saw the lunar eclipse through gaps in the clouds, so that's something.

TheMatrix31
12-21-2010, 05:19 AM
The 9-7 season was the result of a cream puff schedule. Look at the nfc west this year. Division leaders tied at 6-8. What a joke. This team choked last year when it mattered. Kubiak should have been let go instead of being given an extension. Good ol Bob. Yeah the Texans are on the right track. Unbelievable.

We went 3-1 against the nfc west last year. Throw in the Raiders, Bills and Dolphins and I would say they blew a huge opportunity last year. 1-5 in our own division.

So if we can attribute being over .500 last year to a creampuff schedule then can we blame this season's failures on the hardest schedule in the league?

Just testing the logic, not making statements either way.

Lucky
12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
So if we can attribute being over .500 last year to a creampuff schedule then can we blame this season's failures on the hardest schedule in the league?

Yes, we can. A mediocre team playing a weak schedule can give slightly better than average results. A mediocre team playing a tough schedule can give less than average results.

This is a mediocre team. And has been for the past 3 seasons. They haven't gotten better or worse. Just differences in the schedule.

HOU-TEX
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, we can. A mediocre team playing a weak schedule can give slightly better than average results. A mediocre team playing a tough schedule can give less than average results.

This is a mediocre team. And has been for the past 3 seasons. They haven't gotten better or worse. Just differences in the schedule.

Yup. And the past 2 season's have been ripe for the picking for the Texans...if they were good enough to pick'em.

IIRC, The Steelers' latest Super Bowl came off a season in which they had the league's toughest schedule. That was a team taking care of bidness

GP
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
"I've wanted Kubiak gone for a long time, but I'm not going to make all of my posts about how he's to blame for everything that goes wrong." - paraphrased.

LOL.

This is like saying "I'm not going to blame the captain of the Titanic for everything that goes wrong." Uh, OK.

The coach gets the spoils of victory. He gets the blame if he sinks the team.

It is what it is.

And it's what makes the NFL so appealing to watch: To see the gritty, take-no-prisoner "general" lead his men into battle and eventually win the whole war.

To say you want the guy gone, but you can't get on the guy's case TOO much...is, IMO, a puzzling statement. It goes against what I believe are the basic tenets of the NFL life.

Whether you like it or not, it's how things are. A guy has had five years here, and look at the final product: A frazzled, inconsistent, late-starting, undisciplined collection of players who have quit on the year. Two games to go, and they are ALL thinking about getting the Hell out of Dodge and into their vacation time. Can't say I blame them. Especially if they're going to return to year 6 of the Kubiak era. Yay.

Sometimes change is good, even with all risks factored into it. The players get to start with a clean slate. The new coach will see things the previous coach was blind toward. There will be a willingness to listen to the coach, instead of already knowing the outcome in advance, because the new coach will do and say things differently. The new coach will bring in his own kind of players and you'll start seeing a different overall approach to everything.

Starting fresh would be so much better than what we have. If McNair stays with Kubiak, it was a money decision (due to lockout fears). Pure and simple. Because no man could be so ignorant as to truly believe that this team is on the right track. DB's signature is awesome, by the way.

steelbtexan
12-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Before the yr started I said the Texans would finish 7-9 due to SOS.

I was crucified and told SOS didn't matter by many on this MB.

I guess SOS does matter.

Rey
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Before the yr started I said the Texans would finish 7-9 due to SOS.

I was crucified and told SOS didn't matter by many on this MB.

I guess SOS does matter.

SOS shouldn't matter, but when you are a bad team it does.

Texecutioner
12-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Since when? In every thread I see you post you're somehow defending Kubes and getting angry at fans who are frustrated.

Norg
12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
these last 2 games we deff need to go into Offseason MOde

put in our 2nd and third stringers

Its time to pepare for offseason Mode

TheMatrix31
12-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Since when? In every thread I see you post you're somehow defending Kubes and getting angry at fans who are frustrated.

I've wanted him gone since 2/3rds of the way last year. I wasn't around here last year to spread that sentiment. Just because I'm not going to blame absolutely EVERYTHING on Kubiak/coaching doesn't mean I don't want him gone.

Texanmike02
12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
I haven't felt like you fire Kubiak until yesterday. The issue between Antionio and Brian combined with the penalties and the fact that the team has quit.

It was the same with Capers and honestly, it was the same with HWWNBN. I thought both of them could have been decent until they got that 'somebody just stole my birthday' look. Yeah, that's the look Kubiak had. I don't know who you bring in that is better, but anybody is better than a guy who has lost his team.

I think Gary should be on the phone right now trying to orchestrate a trade with CBS. He is a classy guy who is well spoken and honestly... can he be any worse than Gruden at talking about football? Maybe we can trade them Gary for Cowher and we'll throw in a dramatic moments? I know, Gary for Cowher and the Texans agree to sign TO AND Moss at the end of the season. Guaranteed fireworks for them to write about every week.

Mike