PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Bob what i want for Christmas is

TEXANJAK
12-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey Bob all i want for Christmas is Bill Cowher as head coach,Gary Kubiak as offensive head coach, and Wade Phillips as our Defense Coach.

utahmark
12-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey Bob all i want for Christmas is Bill Cowher as head coach,Gary Kubiak as offensive head coach, and Wade Phillips as our Defense Coach.

I'm sure Cowher would agree to come here and have no choice of his coordinator's. That's just not going to happen. He will bring his own people if he comes.

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Wade coaches a 3-4. That means our #1 pick would be an NT, with Smith and Williams as ends, and Cushing and Barwin as OLB's. There would be no time to implement it during a lockout season.

Cowher has coached 4-3's though.

Lucky
12-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Wade coaches a 3-4. The means our #1 pick would be an NT, with Smith and Williams as ends, and Cushing and Barwin as OLB's.
There are usually free agents around that can play the nose. In the Smithiak era, we're so used to filling needs in the draft. Other teams fill needs in free agency and find the best talent in the draft. Maybe the Texans should try that?

Runner
12-20-2010, 01:01 AM
There are usually free agents around that can play the nose. In the Smithiak era, we're so used to filling needs in the draft. Other teams fill needs in free agency and find the best talent in the draft. Maybe the Texans should try that?

That's not the right way.

Txn_in_FL
12-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Gary Kubiak as offensive head coach

Hasn't Kubiak already been an offensive head coach? I mean... EXTREMELY offensive?

disaacks3
12-20-2010, 01:18 AM

Hey you, no making sense in here! :hurrah:

Norg
12-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Kubes O only plays 2 qts No thanxs

u see to win in the NFL u need to play 4 qts

PockyAF
12-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Surely you jest. Clearly your delusion have you thinking Bob McScourge, is Good ol', fat & jolly, St. Nick.

What you want for Christmas is going to end up netting you a huge black lump of rockturd under your Christmas tree:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2416872/2/istockphoto_2416872_lump_of_coal.jpg

But keep on wishing for us all, the good lord above knows we need a Christmas miracle(meltdown) for fatboy Bob to have an epiphany and realizes the suckitude of his beloved Texans team. Maybe one more battle-red day trashing will convince him of that; even though I have the feeling that we'll come up with yet another pointless, end of the season victory over them to, once again, have the mindless sheeps of the Texans fanbase believing we've turned the corner and will be ready to 'rock n' roll' into the playoffs the following season.

Oh btw, Lucky, I hate to say I told you so, but oh what the hell, I ****ing told you so.

Hopefully, in the end this is all just a big freakin' nightmare, and we'll wake up to Cowher as our new HC this off-season.

Lucky
12-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Oh btw, Lucky, I hate to say I told you so...
You definitely told me so. What did you tell me?

hradhak
12-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Wade coaches a 3-4. That means our #1 pick would be an NT, with Smith and Williams as ends, and Cushing and Barwin as OLB's. There would be no time to implement it during a lockout season.

Cowher has coached 4-3's though.

Tomlin came into the Steelers from the Vikings as a 4-3 D coordinator. He was able to switch over. I don't think it is that much of a difference. Of late our D line play has been better it really is our secondary that is killing us. I'm open to change, but finding a stud 3-4 NT is hard in the NFL. And if we were to draft 1 in the first round, we'd be missing out on secondary help

Section516
12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Tomlin came into the Steelers from the Vikings as a 4-3 D coordinator. He was able to switch over. I don't think it is that much of a difference. Of late our D line play has been better it really is our secondary that is killing us. I'm open to change, but finding a stud 3-4 NT is hard in the NFL. And if we were to draft 1 in the first round, we'd be missing out on secondary help

Tomlin has Dick Lebeau...The same D Cord Cowher had..

axman40
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
You definitely told me so. What did you tell me?
Was it so?