PDA

View Full Version : Let's try something constructive?

burro
12-19-2010, 04:30 PM
As devoted fans, it's to be expected that we are more than just a little disappointed in the turnout of this season. We are 5-9 and it seems like it's the same old crap every week with no change in sight. There's plenty to be bummed about.

However, I think we may all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's gotten to the point that we are going at one another's throats over trivial crap and turning our frustrations inwards. I understand being a newbie here, that I don't have a lot of stroke and room to talk and criticize, but it seems to me that our focus has navigated away from constructive football talk and toward bitter ranting and grumbling. I don't know what we can do, and I'm sure one look at my post count/joined date will inspire "GTFO"s and whatnot. None-the-less, can we stop acting like manchildren and get back to rational and constructive football talk?**

**Of course this isn't directed at anyone in particular or believers in any particular set of opinions regarding the Texans, but only at the general attitude of the fanbase as represented by this message board.

Sincerely,
newb.

PS I acknowledge that I am guilty of this as well and am making a conscience effort to knock it off.

Mr. Texan
12-19-2010, 04:35 PM
*throws chair at OP*

the texans have a LOSING record! Time to go RIOTING! WE GOIN LOOTIN'!!! PAPA NEEDS A NEW TV!!!

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhasdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k

brakos82
12-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Kiss my ass. :runaway:

BetaV1
12-19-2010, 04:44 PM
*throws chair at OP*

the texans have a LOSING record! Time to go RIOTING! WE GOIN LOOTIN'!!! PAPA NEEDS A NEW TV!!!

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhasdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k

lol. You're freaking hilarious; the Scott Steiner of the Texans fanbase (not trying to diss your grammar. :spin:).

Mr. White
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
This is an ugly day around here. Lots of friendly fire with bunker-busting bombs.

Most people around here have been pissed off since Thursday when Bob McNair stuck his foot in his mouth. An awful loss doesn't help matters. Hell, a win wouldn't have helped matters.

Now, people that want Kubiak fired are arguing with other people that want him fired.

The Texan-on-Texan violence at the end of the 1st half is the perfect analogy for this day on the message board. The sad thing is that the next 2 weeks don't look much better.

PapaL
12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey Bob... ┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐

CharloTex
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
As devoted fans, it's to be expected that we are more than just a little disappointed in the turnout of this season. We are 5-9 and it seems like it's the same old crap every week with no change in sight. There's plenty to be bummed about.

However, I think we may all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's gotten to the point that we are going at one another's throats over trivial crap and turning our frustrations inwards. I understand being a newbie here, that I don't have a lot of stroke and room to talk and criticize, but it seems to me that our focus has navigated away from constructive football talk and toward bitter ranting and grumbling. I don't know what we can do, and I'm sure one look at my post count/joined date will inspire "GTFO"s and whatnot. None-the-less, can we stop acting like manchildren and get back to rational and constructive football talk?**

**Of course this isn't directed at anyone in particular or believers in any particular set of opinions regarding the Texans, but only at the general attitude of the fanbase as represented by this message board.

Sincerely,
newb.

PS I acknowledge that I am guilty of this as well and am making a conscience effort to knock it off.

Ok, look at my join date. I've been around here reading as long as EVERYONE. In fact, if I got rep for READING, I'd be at the top of the heap (Sinatra). I'm also 50 years old. I've also lived in Houston since 1973. I've also rooted for the Houston football team since 1973. I've also rooted for all Houston professional teams since 1973 (rep to the Comets).

No disrespect to you, young poster with good intentions or few post (like me). BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT , ....

Frustration is ooooooooooozing from our skin. And to listen to people who suggest that we just need to stay the course (keep Kubes), and just let Kubes reconfigure the defensive coaching staff and have another go at it next year is BLOWING OUR MIND. You are 21 years old. There's nothing wrong with that. But you haven't served in the trenches as long as some of the vets here. I'm truly glad that there are young people like you that carry the torch for the Texans. But your level of frustration cannot equal mine.

Gary Kubiak and his team of coaches CAN NOT COACH THIS TEAM TO BETTER THAN 9-7, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER. And you didn't say what side of that fence you are on, and even if you are on the wrong side, I can't blame you for you youthful idealism. I was the exact saem, until I was about 45. But to the rest of these posters who are saying to stay the course, most of them are old enough to know. It's not going to happen with Kubes. Love the man, hate the coach. And the coaches ways.

So, if I get a little impatient with those that would support more of the same, forgive me. Been there, done that, many, many, many years now.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey Bob... ┌П┐(_)┌П┐

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4009/1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Mr. Texan
12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
lol. You're freaking hilarious; the Scott Steiner of the Texans fanbase (not trying to diss your grammar. :spin:).

There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner!

TexCanada
12-19-2010, 04:58 PM
http://chir.ag/calm-down/img/1.jpg

fiasco west
12-19-2010, 05:06 PM
This is an ugly day around here. Lots of friendly fire with bunker-busting bombs.

Most people around here have been pissed off since Thursday when Bob McNair stuck his foot in his mouth. An awful loss doesn't help matters. Hell, a win wouldn't have helped matters.

Now, people that want Kubiak fired are arguing with other people that want him fired.

The Texan-on-Texan violence at the end of the 1st half is the perfect analogy for this day on the message board. The sad thing is that the next 2 weeks don't look much better.

Thats the funny thing about it, pretty much everyone wants a change.

CloakNNNdagger
12-19-2010, 05:07 PM

:spit:

steelbtexan
12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Hey Bob... ┌П┐(_)┌П┐

Repped

Good stuff LOL

Mr. White
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner!

Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up.