PDA

View Full Version : I am happy we lost today. Here is hoping to 2 more embarrassing losses

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 03:38 PM
2010, what an abortion of a football season. As a Longhorns and Texans fan, I have been forced to root for my teams to lose to rid us of the coaching albatrosses tying both of them down. GDGD is gone, now its time to put the final nail in the coffin of the Gary Kubiak era of failure. I hope the fraud known as Tim Tebow excites all of his loser Jesus freak fans by torching the Texans next week.

For the home finale, I can't wait to boo everything and anything to do with this team.

Thorn
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm disgusted as hell with this sorry ass team, but I will NOT root for them to lose. I just ain't gonna do it.

Yesterday
12-19-2010, 03:41 PM
5-11, hopefully a good enough draft pick to draft Patrick Peterson!!

We'll probably just draft another Defensive Lineman.

Tebow just had a sweet run against the Raiders. Go Broncos!

Goatcheese
12-19-2010, 03:41 PM
First I was like :mcnugget:

Then I was all like :eek:

Now I'm all like :backsout:

Ryan
12-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I personally will just voice my disgust with the team by not attending the Jags game.

Malloy
12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
We lost, I lost 200$ (I should know better than to bet on the Texans).

No way will I ever cheer for the opposing team, if I did that I'll rather stop watching the games alltogether.

DexmanC
12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
2010, what an abortion of a football season. As a Longhorns and Texans fan, I have been forced to root for my teams to lose to rid us of the coaching albatrosses tying both of them down. GDGD is gone, now its time to put the final nail in the coffin of the Gary Kubiak era of failure. I hope the fraud known as Tim Tebow excites all of his loser Jesus freak fans by torching the Texans next week.

For the home finale, I can't wait to boo everything and anything to do with this team.

Do you think Bob is such a dunderhead, the team NEEDS to go 5-11 for him to
realize Kubiak is not the right coach?

MEGA SWATT
12-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm disgusted as hell with this sorry ass team, but I will NOT root for them to lose. I just ain't gonna do it.

I won't root for them to lose, but I don't really care if they win. Carry over a winning feeling for next season--blah, blah, blah.

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 03:46 PM

If you truly love the Texans like I assume you do, it is the only way. It serves us no good for this team to win any more games this season. McNair is a fool and needs to be shaken violently awake and compelled to fire Kubiak even if he moronically does not want to. I hope the players quit again the next 2 weeks. Ideally, McNair would lose control of the team to his son Cal before the new year (that would be a wonderful Christmas gift for us all). Cowher needs to be here STAT.

Koolaid Time
12-19-2010, 03:48 PM
I personally will just voice my disgust with the team by not attending the Jags game.

As long as fans keep buying this "Chinese Drywall" of a Football Team, McNair has absolutely no incentive to make any substantial "expensive" change for the better.

In other words, he won't fire the GM or the Coaching Staff or bring in any high dollar Free Agent.

Why should he? You keep on spending your money on what is the biggest pile of crap that is South of the Red River.

Until people vote with their wallet, change is not going to happen.

Mr. Texan
12-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I won't root for them to lose but if we tank the rest of the season at least we get a good draft pick

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/47e9b7df_46ca_82c6.jpg

infantrycak
What happened to your promise to leave the MB and never root for the Texans again if they didn't draft VY? No commitment I guess. Only a jackhole would be glad their team lost. And that would be ... ummm, you.

Wolf

Surprised that you would post something like this, :sarcasm:

When I thought you couldn't post anything else that makes me go wow, you bring religion into it

Seriously?

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2010, 03:50 PM
What happened to your promise to leave the MB and never root for the Texans again if they didn't draft VY? No commitment I guess. Only a jackhole would be glad their team lost. And that would be ... ummm, you.

Thanks Cak. I wanted to reply, but kept biting my tongue (or my keyboard).

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 03:51 PM

If you are being serious, the answer is HELL YES. Have you seen this moron operate? He ****ing gave Kubiak an EXTENSION last year when any good NFL owner would have FIRED his ass. This guy needs his hand forced. I have no trust in him to do the right thing.

For the life of me, I have no idea how this guy became a billionaire. You look at other successful people and you can immediately nail down what they bring to the table whether it is intelligence, guts, street smarts or winning the lottery in being born into wealth. What the hell does McNair bring to the table. He loves mediocrity. I would love working for this dumbass. You could get away with murder and get rewarded for it.

TheMatrix31
12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
OP can go **** himself.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
If you are being serious, the answer is HELL YES. Have you seen this moron operate? He ****ing gave Kubiak an EXTENSION last year when any good NFL owner would have FIRED his ass. This guy needs his hand forced. I have no trust in him to do the right thing.

For the life of me, I have no idea how this guy became a billionaire. You look at other successful people and you can immediately nail down what they bring to the table whether it is intelligence, guts, street smarts or winning the lottery in being born into wealth. What the hell does McNair bring to the table. He loves mediocrity. I would love working for this dumbass. You could get away with murder and get rewarded for it.

Weren't you the one that wanted to sue the Texans a few years ago for not winning ?(if I have you mistaken for someone else, my apologizes)

hot pickle
ill be honest that even though the texans are my team there is a little part of me that doesnt even care that they lost today!!

HEY KUBES!!!! GO **** YOURSELF

infantrycak
Weren't you the one that wanted to sue the Texans a few years ago for not winning ?(if I have you mistaken for someone else, my apologizes)

No, you are correct. Coincidentally the phrase vituperative clown was coined after one of his posts.

JB
12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Wow!

steelbtexan
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM

In a word YES.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM
No, you are correct. Coincidentally the phrase vituperative clown was coined after one of his posts.

:spit: rep you when I can

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 03:57 PM

What's your God damned point. Choke on your Texans Kool Aid if you don't like what I am saying. Just listen to the post game show to hear what people are saying.

JB
12-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Why is it I get the impression that if Kubiak had gone to UT you would be his biggest supporter?

Texecutioner
Fans can sit here under this delusion that Kubiak will finally turn into this magician of a HC like they have the last two years, but I'm not that naive and I don't accept a spoon full of shit from an arrogant owner that's laughing a way at fans who support this team unconditionally no matter what he does or doesn't do to improve this team.

I am rooting for this team to lose and have for most of the season. I know that this team will never go anywhere under this HC, so I'd rather suffer a lot now to get this team fixed earlier. Andre Johnson deserves better and should demand a trade, and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

People bashing other fans for not wanting this pile soft team to lose are unrealistic.

FirstTexansFan
Cak 1 TexansFight 0

infantrycak
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
What's your God damned point.

I think I made it pretty clear VC.

Choke on your Texans Kool Aid if you don't like what I am saying. Just listen to the post game show to hear what people are saying.

I give almost as much a crap about people calling in to radio stations as hmmm, that would be it - your opinion.

burro
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
That's just not cool. To be so bitter and frustrated as to root against your team...that's just the ugly side of fandom. I personally will always cheer on the Texans, regardless of how mediocre and laughable they are. Kind of like this guy:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QOyhKkAKOFk/0.jpg

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
In a word YES.

That is why you, Double Barrel and Herv are my favorites. You get it. You think fans in Philly would have put up with 3 years much less FIVE years of this crap. I do know this, if any of the guys I named above or myself were placed in charge of the Texans while kicking Moron McNair TOMORROW, we'd get this team into the playoffs NEXT YEAR. I'm that confident that the good posters on this board could do a better job in picking coaches and players than the guys paid to do so.

I will be in usual spot in Section 105, Row X wearing my Bernie Pollard jersey. I will be BOOING this team from the get go in 2 weeks. If you don't like that, be a man and tell me that to my face.

thunderkyss

Understood.

If McNair doesn't have any intention of firing GK by now, it ain't going to happen.

Stinking it up for 2 more games isn't going to do anything, but ruin my Sundays.

I don't need no more of that.

Kimmy
I think I made it pretty clear VC.

I give almost as much a crap about people calling in to radio stations as hmmm, that would be it - your opinion.

I thought you were going to type "people posting on message boards" ... :spit:

Wolf
What's your God damned point. Choke on your Texans Kool Aid if you don't like what I am saying. Just listen to the post game show to hear what people are saying.

I just found it funny that a few years ago that you want to sue the very same team for not winning and now you want them to purposely lose

Classic

gary
12-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Indifferent is my feeling right now not happy or mad.

jaayteetx
12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
This season is a wash, who gives a crap if they win two meaningless games at the end of the year? The only exception being possibly eliminating the Jag offs last game of the year. Other than that, I want whats best for the team in the grand scheme of things and that, IMO, would be better draft position and getting rid of the current coaches.

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
That is why you, Double Barrel and Herv are my favorites. You get it. You think fans in Philly would have put up with 3 years much less FIVE years of this crap. I do know this, if any of the guys I named above or myself were placed in charge of the Texans while kicking Moron McNair TOMORROW, we'd get this team into the playoffs NEXT YEAR. I'm that confident that the good posters on this board could do a better job in picking coaches and players than the guys paid to do so.

I will be in usual spot in Section 105, Row X wearing my Bernie Pollard jersey. I will be BOOING this team from the get go in 2 weeks. If you don't like that, be a man and tell me that to my face.

We don't need to say anything, you just keep exposing yourself for the ass that you are.

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Why is it I get the impression that if Kubiak had gone to UT you would be his biggest supporter?

That's why I rooted for UT to LOSE their remaining games so that Mack Brown was forced to fire GDGD. God, I have no idea how you could go through life and accept such mediocrity and failure. I don't and that is why I bet if you compared me to you in real life, that I would come out on top when it comes to who has the better job, hotter wife, nicer house, more money, etc. I don't put up with mediocrity.

Surreal McCoy
12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
The problem is not one random Mong on an otherwise forgetful message board post rooting for his team to lose, it's the fact that so many in Houston are allied in their ignorance.

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
We don't need to say anything, you just keep exposing yourself for the ass that you are.

What the **** do you know about winning aggy? Of course you love your fellow loser aggy Coach Kubiag. You have no frame of reference. Shut the hell up.

gary
12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
That's why I rooted for UT to LOSE their remaining games so that Mack Brown was forced to fire GDGD. God, I have no idea how you could go through life and accept such mediocrity and failure. I don't and that is why I bet if you compared me to you in real life, that I would come out on top when it comes to who has the better job, hotter wife, nicer house, more money, etc. I don't put up with mediocrity.Let's not get personal here.

Mr. Texan
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QOyhKkAKOFk/0.jpg

he aint even mad

GlassHalfFull
What the **** do you know about winning aggy? Of course you love your fellow loser aggy Coach Kubiag. You have no frame of reference. Shut the hell up.

LOL, as I said. You are showing your class without us needing to say anything.

FirstTexansFan
12-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't put up with mediocrity myself... thus my kids have complexes, and my wife pisses down her leg when I speak... But I drive a BMW /sarcasm :)

Wolf
12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
That's why I rooted for UT to LOSE their remaining games so that Mack Brown was forced to fire GDGD. God, I have no idea how you could go through life and accept such mediocrity and failure. I don't and that is why I bet if you compared me to you in real life, that I would come out on top when it comes to who has the better job, hotter wife, nicer house, more money, etc. I don't put up with mediocrity.

What a crock of shit. Maybe take a break from the MB.. I imagine your shit doesn't stink either.

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Fans can sit here under this delusion that Kubiak will finally turn into this magician of a HC like they have the last two years, but I'm not that naive and I don't accept a spoon full of shit from an arrogant owner that's laughing a way at fans who support this team unconditionally no matter what he does or doesn't do to improve this team.

I am rooting for this team to lose and have for most of the season. I know that this team will never go anywhere under this HC, so I'd rather suffer a lot now to get this team fixed earlier. Andre Johnson deserves better and should demand a trade, and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

People bashing other fans for not wanting this pile soft team to lose are unrealistic.

Thank you. A man who gets it. I don't know what's happened to the fans in Houston. The years without a team softened WAY too many people here.

gary
12-19-2010, 04:11 PM
TF, should be banned NOW.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I like UT but the arrogance of some fans

Reminds me of some Cowboy fans and I root for the cowboy's too

TexansFight
12-19-2010, 04:13 PM
I just found it funny that a few years ago that you want to sue the very same team for not winning and now you want them to purposely lose

Classic

Why don't you get a ****ing clue about what you are talking about. I wanted to threaten to sue the Texans because of TAILGATING ISSUES. I only wish that you could have a cause of action to sue this team for being the LOSERS they are.

TexansFight
TF, should be banned NOW.

Hand in your resignation now Kubes.

Wolf
Thank you. A man who gets it. I don't know what's happened to the fans in Houston. The years without a team softened WAY too many people here.

Maybe the years of no team has made some forget what tactfulness is

gary
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Hand in your resignation now Kubes.Lol. you aRE an asshole.

JB
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM

So then why are you a longhorn & Texan fan?

And you know nothing about me, my job ( or lack thereof), my wife or my house.

And I don't care to ever know about yours.

But anyone that roots for their team to lose is not a fan.

And yeah, you can go ahead and call me a moron if you want. I would take that as a complement coming from you.

TexCanada
12-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Indifferent is my feeling right now not happy or mad.

This is how I feel too.

michaelm
12-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Wow. Just wow.
If you would only accept mediocrity, there might be a possibility for you to improve your current level of class and character.

Carry on, winner. You're number 1.

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2010, 04:22 PM
As a fan, I always cheer for my team to win. I always stay until the end of the game, no matter how bitter it gets. I root for my team and have never booed my team.

I guess that makes me a bad fan according to the OP. I will just have to find a way to live with myself.

gary
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
This thread stinks.

Mr. Texan
12-19-2010, 04:24 PM
texans players fighting each other.

texans fans fighting each other on message boards.

ITS CHAOS IN HOUSTON...CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!

JB
12-19-2010, 04:25 PM
As a fan, I always cheer for my team to win. I always stay until the end of the game, no matter how bitter it gets. I root for my team and have never booed my team.

I guess that makes me a bad fan according to the OP. I will just have to find a way to live with myself.

Sounds like you are a good fan to me. And I know you are.

I can understand when people are apathetic. But to come out with so much vitriol against your so called favorite team is lower than a snake's belly.

TexCanada
12-19-2010, 04:26 PM

This is complete ignorance at its finest. You are objectifying completely subjective things. You seem like the type who would walk around with your big wallet, your trophy wife and a shit-eating, arrogant grin on your face. The problem is that NOBODY is actually jealous of you and your "success". Hilarious.

steelbtexan
Ditto

Ghostform
Kubiak will have this team at 7-9 at best (prolly wont even get there) and yet people are still happy with him being the coach. 5 years of his crap and people still cant get enough podium tapping and its on me speeches.

To sum it up: 5 years, no playoffs, and now were back to a losing record which we havent had since the 2006 season.

sakebomb
12-19-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm not really rooting for them to lose but I know they need to in order to have a better chance of McNair making a change. That being said, I feel nothing with this team anymore. I forgot they were even playing until 1:00. I turned on the TV and they were down 21-0. Apparently the team forgot they were playing too. I sat on my couch and watched some of the game. I was very numb. I could have been watching the Carolina/Arizona for all I care. Football sucks in Houston.

thunderkyss
12-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Kubiak will have this team at 7-9 at best (prolly wont even get there) and yet people are still happy with him being the coach. 5 years of his crap and people still cant get enough podium tapping and its on me speeches.

To sum it up: 5 years, no playoffs, and now were back to a losing record which we havent had since the 2006 season.

Not one person in this thread said anything about being happy with Kubiak, wanting Kubiak to be around another day, much less another season.

This is about rooting for your team to lose. Some people think it doesn't make sense. Others don't have a clue.

Honoring Earl 34

Tom Brady is on our board ! :spin:

gary

Lots of us want change we are just not being an ass about it. Go read the other threads around here.

FirstTexansFan
12-19-2010, 04:31 PM

LOL Must spread rep...

HTown2ATX
LMFAO....I love this thread!!!!

The chaos is strong in us!! :evil:

Who needs craigslist rant and rave section?

Seriously though, I can't root for the team to lose...especially to the effing tits, that said I could care less if they win or lose at this point. It's over, Bob wants to keep Kubes and the team is effed for now.

The Braker and 35 bridge near my apartment is finally clear of traffic...gonna go see how high up it is.... :gun:

:sarcasm:

Wolf

:spit:
Rep if I could

JB
12-19-2010, 04:32 PM
LOL Must spread rep...

Yeah, me too...

steelbtexan
Sounds like you are a good fan to me. And I know you are.

I can understand when people are apathetic. But to come out with so much vitriol against your so called favorite team is lower than a snake's belly.

I will be there booing if they play like crap.

I'will be the guy with the fire Kubiak sign.

Does that make me a bad fan?

thunderkyss
I'm not really rooting for them to lose but I know they need to in order to have a better chance of McNair making a change.

Because getting your ass handed to you by a divisional rival (once again) isn't enough?

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2010, 04:33 PM

I actually haven't seen anyone in this thread supporting Kubiak. I am bashing the OP for his being happy we lost, rooting for two more losses, saying he is planning on booing, and general *********gery towards people replying to the thread.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 04:35 PM

I don't think so, with some it is person shots that stir it up

Ghostform
12-19-2010, 04:36 PM
My mistake... Im not rooting for a loss just rooting for change.

JB
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Are you going to be there hoping they lose the game? Are you going to boo them if they play well? No? You are not a bad fan. You are a fan and have your opinion. And I'm cool with that. I'm not happy with the team or Kubiak either.

It's about the name on the front of the jersey (jacket), not the name on the back.

Like I said, I understand being angry about the team, but I will never understand wanting your team to lose.

gary
12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Are you going to be there hoping they lose the game? Are you going to boo them if they play well? No? You are not a bad fan. You are a fan and have your opinion. And I'm cool with that. I'm not happy with the team or Kubiak either.

It's about the name on the front of the jersey (jacket), not the name on the back.

Like I said, I understand being angry about the team, but I will never understand wanting your team to lose.
Exactly.

TheMatrix31
12-19-2010, 04:45 PM
How does this TF loser still have an account?

Ryan
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/ryanb591/templr5924092c9ef1.gif

Kimmy
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
How does this TF loser still have an account?

How bout we lock the damn thread? It's retarded that we are replying.

Mr. White
12-19-2010, 04:49 PM
This thread is just like the Smith/Cushing fight at the end of the first half.

.....and I think it's pretty obvious which guy is Antonio Smith.

steelbtexan
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I cant root for them to lose as I've stated before. It's not in my DNA.

But I must admit it may be better for this franchise in the long term if they were to lose out.

Wolf
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM

But I must admit it may be better for this franchise in the long term if they were to lose out.

I joked at work about the Texans pulling a Rockets and tanking on purpose,but come game day, I want to see a W

JB
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM

Very true statement, I think this is how many of us feel. But, it is not in me to ever hope they lose.

gary
12-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Bob should have his mind made up his mind by now and two more games should not matter win or lose IMHO.

valleytexfan
12-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I actually agree with this. If we're gonna go down, let's go down in flames so we can see some changes. I hate wishing for that, but it feels like that's the only way to turn up the heat.

Jottoz
12-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not opposed to G. Kubiak leading the Texans to the Superbowl next year. I don't feel our record is a complete reflection of his coaching abilities. I get that we went backwards record wise this year versus last, (tougher schedule)but unfortunately I don't exhibit selective amnesia that many Texan fans seem to be suffering from that removes plays like Schaub's "pick 6", QG's "bat down" and Troy Nolans "tipped pass" from memory. I like to put blame where it belongs, that's just me probably the military in me. I too feel like a coach should be able to call any play any down and expect his offense to execute it, convert it, or score it. I don't have a huge problem with the playcalling like some. I feel a little more attention to detail and a work ethic like AJ's can turn this team around next year. I look forward to a new defensive (possibly scheme) led team that can allow our offense 21 points to win a game. I think this year is gonna help our young secondary progress and sprinkle in a draft pick or FA that group can come together. I personally don't care if Kubiak or Cowher is on the sidelines for the Texans just as long as it's during the Superbowl.

Here is to an outstanding off-season!

Rey
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi...My name is Rey and I want my team to lose.

I hope they get embarrassed the rest of the season as I feel that is the only shot in hell that we have at making some major coaching/personnel changes.

It really sucks that it's come to this, but the Texans have no one to blame but themselves...

Pollardized
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
LOL Must spread rep...

got him!!!

gary
12-19-2010, 05:01 PM
I actually agree with this. If we're gonna go down, let's go down in flames so we can see some changes. I hate wishing for that, but it feels like that's the only way to turn up the heat.

Bob should have his mind made up his mind by now and two more games should not matter win or lose IMHO.I'll just repeat this again because it is so true.

Mr. White
12-19-2010, 05:02 PM

"Flames" is the right word for it. Lots of that going on today.

cdollaz
12-19-2010, 05:11 PM
There is nothing more pathetic than a "I make more money, have a better house, and a hotter wife" blast.

"Do you know who I am" thinks that is lame.

CharloTex
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm not opposed to G. Kubiak leading the Texans to the Superbowl next year. I don't feel our record is a complete reflection of his coaching abilities. I get that we went backwards record wise this year versus last, (tougher schedule)but unfortunately I don't exhibit selective amnesia that many Texan fans seem to be suffering from that removes plays like Schaub's "pick 6", QG's "bat down" and Troy Nolans "tipped pass" from memory. I like to put blame where it belongs, that's just me probably the military in me. I too feel like a coach should be able to call any play any down and expect his offense to execute it, convert it, or score it. I don't have a huge problem with the playcalling like some. I feel a little more attention to detail and a work ethic like AJ's can turn this team around next year. I look forward to a new defensive (possibly scheme) led team that can allow our offense 21 points to win a game. I think this year is gonna help our young secondary progress and sprinkle in a draft pick or FA that group can come together. I personally don't care if Kubiak or Cowher is on the sidelines for the Texans just as long as it's during the Superbowl.

Here is to an outstanding off-season!

I'm sorry, and Jottoz, this is not directed at you personally, but at this line of thinking. It's absolute BULLCRA p. As long as we only lose 53 games, you'll have a different player to blame for each loss. When people say "you can't fire the team" what do you say to that? You named 3 players whom you believe contibuted significantly to the day's loss. That happens every game, win or lose. You can't fire the players. You CAN COACH THE PLAYERS TO be prepared and to play winning football.

Teach Glover Quinn which direction is down. If I had been in Glover Quinn's shoes, I would have grabbed the ball, brough it part way down with me and as soon as I could see that planet called Earth, I would have slammed it as hard as I possibly could to the ground - through hands, away from shoes, to the nearest blade of grass I could find. Why doesn't Quinn know that is the ONLY way to play that ball. Because he wasn't coached to know it.

Why did Troy Nolan tip that ball today as though he was a basketball player trying to tip the ball back out to his basketball guard for another shot? Because he hasn't been coached to do anything else. He hasn't been coached how to defend a pass like that. He doesn't know how to defend that pass.

Why does Sage Rosenfels think that the best course of action on a QB option play is to go air born? Because he hadn't been coached to know it was a horrendous option.

Why didn't Vonte Leach block the correct defender in Jacksonville on the half back pass option? Why did Chris Brown not throw the ball harmlessly out of bounds instead of into the waiting arms of a Jacksonville defender? He hadn't been sufficiently coached as to what to do in case of panic.

Yes, of course the players are the ones who make the plays. The coaches are the ones who make the players. These and so many, many, many other bungels don't happen when the player is properly coached.

I can name all 53 players, each of them coached by the same head coach. Answer my questions.

Pantherstang84
12-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry, and Jottoz, this is not directed at you personally, but at this line of thinking. It's absolute BULLCRA p. As long as we only lose 53 games, you'll have a different player to blame for each loss. When people say "you can't fire the team" what do you say to that? You named 3 players whom you believe contibuted significantly to the day's loss. That happens every game, win or lose. You can't fire the players. You CAN COACH THE PLAYERS TO be prepared and to play winning football.

Teach Glover Quinn which direction is down. If I had been in Glover Quinn's shoes, I would have grabbed the ball, brough it part way down with me and as soon as I could see that planet called Earth, I would have slammed it as hard as I possibly could to the ground - through hands, away from shoes, to the nearest blade of grass I could find. Why doesn't Quinn know that is the ONLY way to play that ball. Because he wasn't coached to know it.

Why did Troy Nolan tip that ball today as though he was a basketball player trying to tip the ball back out to his basketball guard for another shot? Because he hasn't been coached to do anything else. He hasn't been coached how to defend a pass like that. He doesn't know how to defend that pass.

Why does Sage Rosenfels think that the best course of action on a QB option play is to go air born? Because he hadn't been coached to know it was a horrendous option.

Why didn't Vonte Leach block the correct defender in Jacksonville on the half back pass option? Why did Chris Brown not throw the ball harmlessly out of bounds instead of into the waiting arms of a Jacksonville defender? He hadn't been sufficiently coached as to what to do in case of panic.

Yes, of course the players are the ones who make the plays. The coaches are the ones who make the players. These and so many, many, many other bungels don't happen when the player is properly coached.

I can name all 53 players, each of them coached by the same head coach. Answer my questions.

Here is the post of the day.

Kimmy
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM

Excellent, excellent post. Would triple rep you if I could

Surreal McCoy
12-19-2010, 05:41 PM

God, I love internet tough guys. :clap:

CloakNNNdagger
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Very true statement, I think this is how many of us feel. But, it is not in me to ever hope they lose.

Add me to that group

Grforces
12-19-2010, 05:45 PM

Great post. Except I would'nt blame Kubes for how bad Turk sucks. I would definatly send them both on their way around the same time.

gary
12-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Add me to that group
Me too.

Texecutioner
12-19-2010, 05:53 PM

I will never understand you guys still believing that a guy who has 5 years of fail and all sorts of epic game day failures under his belt as a HC is going to lead this team or any team to a SB. This guy gets hired by Mcnair and this automatic "faith" light turns on with a battery that never drains. This regime can keep on failing and embarrassing it's fans and it's organization, but you guys will still root them on and believe in them for some reason like it's god's plan or something that the Texans are supposed to win a SB with Gary Kubiak at some point.

That's a lot more irrational to me to follow that sort of thinking than someone who would rather see a worst case scenario happen now in order to see a change that makes things better. That seems a lot more logical to me than you guys wanting to keep this HC around that's done nothing for you personally or your family and has proven 5 times now that he's not capable of leading this team anywhere. That's the definition of insanity which is trying the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Big Lou
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Why do you have to drag Jesus in to talk of this sorry excuse for a team. I'm a Jesus Freak, and don't care about Tebow other than the fact that I hope he stays a godd young man.

JB
12-19-2010, 05:56 PM
I will never understand you guys still believing that a guy who has 5 years of fail and all sorts of epic game day failures under his belt as a HC is going to lead this team or any team to a SB. This guy gets hired by Mcnair and this automatic "faith" light turns on with a battery that never drains. This regime can keep on failing and embarrassing it's fans and it's organization, but you guys will still root them on and believe in them for some reason like it's god's plan or something that the Texans are supposed to win a SB with Gary Kubiak at some point.

That's a lot more irrational to me to follow that sort of thinking than someone who would rather see a worst case scenario happen now in order to see a change that makes things better. That seems a lot more logical to me than you guys wanting to keep this HC around that's done nothing for you personally or your family and has proven 5 times now that he's not capable of leading this team anywhere. That's the definition of insanity which is trying the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Where do you you get this from my post? What does this have to do with wanting your team to lose?

ATXtexanfan
12-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Bob should have his mind made up his mind by now and two more games should not matter win or lose IMHO.

simple and so true, the only thing to look forward to is the day after the jags game. rooting for losses is like hoping your kids fail. we can only hope bob has seen enough.

axman40
12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Remain Calm ALL IS WELL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro&feature=related
Or NOT!
:spit:

Texecutioner
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Where do you you get this from my post? What does this have to do with wanting your team to lose?

Because for the most part all year long you guys have advocated pretty strongly for Kubiak and routinely seem to get very chippy when fans voice their frustration and disgust with Mcnair's lack of commitment to make this team a winner. So, the OP and a few others including myself feel that losing out right now and hitting rock bottom again which is what we already have done for the most part would be the only way that Mcnair would finally let go of Kubiak and Rick Smith. Of course no one wants to root for their team to lose, but if they feel that theor team will never go anywhere under the current regime and that the longer that regime is there the further this team will sink into an oblivion again, that it's smarter to hit that low point as soon as possible, so the change can be made sooner than later. It's not really wanting your team to lose if you feel like your team is already going to fail. It's wanting your team to lose out a lot earlier so the proper changes can be made to fix the problems and get the ship sailing on the right path. Does that make more sense?

JB
12-19-2010, 06:08 PM
None.

TheMatrix31
12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
What if Jacksonville can get into the playoffs by beating us in Week 17? You tellin' me you don't want the Texans to do EVERYTHING in our power to make sure those assholes don't get in?!

Wow.

...wow.

Texecutioner
12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
None.

Well then why ask the original question then? If you're going to support a regime no matter what their results are, then simply say that winning isn't important to you and you shouldn't have a bone in this argument whether others want a change at HC, GM, or even the beer sales guy in the stands. You're fine either way and are just happy to have a team. That's fine with me if that's your stance, but to think that all other fans shouldn't care about winning or that they shouldn't get frustrated after 5 years of losership under a current regime and 9 years of slop under two regimes, then you're being unrealistic in the scope of what the average football fan's motivation is for picking the team they get behind and what makes them a satisfied fan after they put their time and efforts into helping that franchise stick around.

If winning one meaningless game is fine for you, then more power to you. But to think that others should be okay with that and shouldn't expect more is very close minded.

JB
12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Well then why ask the original question then? If you're going to support a regime no matter what their results are, then simply say that winning isn't important to you and you shouldn't have a bone in this argument whether others want a change at HC, GM, or even the beer sales guy in the stands. You're fine either way and are just happy to have a team. That's fine with me if that's your stance, but to think that all other fans shouldn't care about winning or that they shouldn't get frustrated after 5 years of losership under a current regime and 9 years of slop under two regimes, then you're being unrealistic in the scope of what the average football fan's motivation is for picking the team they get behind and what makes them a satisfied fan after they put their time and efforts into helping that franchise stick around.

If winning one meaningless game is fine for you, then more power to you. But to think that others should be okay with that and shouldn't expect more is very close minded.

Didn't say I was happy. Didn't say I didn't want change, or wanted to support the current regime in any way.

What I said is that I will never understand hoping that your team loses.

I want my team to win every game. Regardless of the standings, I want my team to win every game. I always have. I always will.

Rey
12-19-2010, 06:22 PM
What if Jacksonville can get into the playoffs by beating us in Week 17? You tellin' me you don't want the Texans to do EVERYTHING in our power to make sure those assholes don't get in?!

Wow.

...wow.

LMAO!!!

What's the damn difference between Jacksonville getting in and Indy getting in?

Would you rather we beat Jacksonville and Tenn gets in????

Ryan
12-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Wow.

...wow.

I am not saying i want us to lose if that is the case, but damn, i'd much rather the Jags be in the playoffs over the Colts.

swisher
12-19-2010, 06:24 PM
It's beginning to look alot like Christmas 2005 around here.

gary
12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Why do I feel that no playoffs once again should be enough for Bob already?

3rd and Inches
12-19-2010, 06:28 PM
This thread.. well.. to be honest.. it just gives me gas..

JB
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM

I wish it gave me something so benign...

Thorn
12-19-2010, 06:32 PM
If there was any possible way to fart in an internet thread, I would do so right now.

3rd and Inches
12-19-2010, 06:32 PM
I wish it gave me something so benign...

Benign is far from it.. they manufacture chemical weapons with the stuff emitting from my body right now.. I dunno.. I just don't know what to say about the thread.. I'm rather bothered that the OP takes pleasure in insultin' board members for no reason.. so.. it gives me gas..

Texecutioner
12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Didn't say I was happy. Didn't say I didn't want change, or wanted to support the current regime in any way.

If I recall, you've argued on behalf of this current regime pretty strongly all season long up until about a week or two ago.

I want my team to win every game. Regardless of the standings, I want my team to win every game. I always have. I always will.

That's fine, but why is it so hard for you to understand that others might take a different approach if they feel that the owner will not take the measures of firing this current regime unless losing out happens? If you agree that the owner won't do anything either unless they lose the rest of the games, then why would you want them to win these meaningless games if you just said that you wanted a change?

JB
12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Benign is far from it.. they manufacture chemical weapons with the stuff emitting from my body right now.. I dunno.. I just don't know what to say about the thread.. I'm rather bothered that the OP takes pleasure in insultin' board members for no reason.. so.. it gives me gas..

yeah, I understand that, but this kind of thread is a cancer.

3rd and Inches
12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah, I understand that, but this kind of thread is a cancer.

Agreed. It's a defeatist attitude. I don't understand. Is our season done? Yes. Am I pissed at the coaching? Yes. Will I be a walking oxymoron and wear a jersey while booing the team? Hell no.

Hookem Horns
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL TexansFight, I have never seen anyone get beat up by his fellow fans on a message board as much as you do. Of course it will never get as bad here as it does on Shaggy Bevo because we don't allow the crude personal attacks that you are always getting over there.

I respect that you are both a Horns and Texans fan like myself, and you do stand up to those VY fanboys on Shaggy Bevo. However you might change your posting style up some because for some reason you tend to rub people the wrong way. For example I personally agree with a lot of your takes, especially on Shaggy Bevo, however it's the way you express things that get them riled up.

Was I rooting against the Texans today? Not hardly. Did I care that they lost, no. In the end if they lose out will that be for the best? Yes, IF that forces McNair's hand to bring in someone that will turn this into a real franchise.

Dutchrudder
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Losing out is the chemotherapy this team needs to be cured of the coaching cancer it has. I hate rooting against the Texans, but sometimes a little poison is the only cure.

bckey
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM

I could understand your way of thinking if the Texans owner wasn't such a football dumbass. It takes a lot more than it would for say the Steelers owner or the Patriots owner for this guy to "get it". For that reason I hope the Texans lose out.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM

http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/DSCF2809.jpg

Thorn
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
When Bud Adams announced he was moving the Oilers, that's the only time I ever wished the home team would lose. It was out of contempt and I wanted to get them out of my head because they would be gone, and would no longer be Houston.

That isn't the case here. The Texans will be here for a long time, there is a lot invested in the city and the team. Like everyone else I'm pretty pissed off, but the Texans will be back next year. McNair doesn't seem to be the greatest owner in the world, but DAMN, he's a far site better than that fat basterd Adams.

I'm not going to be sad if they lose their last two games, maybe it'll wake McNair up and he'll fire Kubiak. It'll also get us a better draft position. But I'm sorry, I just can't root for them to lose. Not when these same fellows will be back next year playing for us. I just can't do that.

Texecutioner
12-19-2010, 06:47 PM
I could understand your way of thinking if the Texans owner wasn't such a football dumbass. It takes a lot more than it would for say the Steelers owner or the Patriots owner for this guy to "get it". For that reason I hope the Texans lose out.

Exactly. We've seen how Mcnair operates and it took the Texans falling down to a 2-14 season for him to do something with Capers and even then he still wouldn't get rid of Carr. He's doing the very same thing again after that happened once already with Kubiak, so fans are forced to want the bottom to fall out "now" so we don't fall that hard next season and have a total waste of a season again. It's not wanting your team to lose really. It's wanting your team to lose now so the team can get reconstructed with a new HC instead of winning meaningless games where this current regime will stick around and waste another season. I don't know why this is so hard to figure out for some.

HJam72
12-19-2010, 06:48 PM
There is no point to hoping this team loses....or wins.

There is no point to watching the games....except cheerleaders.

There is no point to this post.

I have no point. :spin:

There is no point. :kitten: