PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding?

steelbtexan
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
This is a game caled who will finish their rebuilding faster than the Texans game.

I will start off with my #1/2 and everbody add to the list who will end up rebuilding quicker than the Texans. Has to be non playoff teams.

1. Chiefs
2.Cowboys

Runner
12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
1. Raiders
2. Browns

Rey
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
1. Any team that is re-building

b0ng
12-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't the Chiefs technically be a rebuilt team? Haley's been there for a few years now and Pioli has been making some pretty smart draft picks and FA acquisitions for a little bit. Of course we beat em, so I guess they are rebuilding? :shrug:

1. Raiders - Big ups to Darren McFadden for not looking like a scrub his 3rd year in.
2. Rams - They could win that division after picking 1st overall. Not sure if they are better than the Texans but they are closer to the playoffs that's for sure

Texas T
12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
1. Raiders
2. Browns

These were my two thoughts except the other way around:

1. Browns
2. Raiders

and two team that looks like it's behind us (yes there are two)

1. Bengals
2. Panthers

I wouldn't count the Chiefs (if the rule is no playoff teams)...

JCTexan
12-17-2010, 06:19 PM
This is a game caled who will finish their rebuilding faster than the Texans game.

I will start off with my #1/2 and everbody add to the list who will end up rebuilding quicker than the Texans. Has to be non playoff teams.

1. Chiefs
2.Cowboys

If it has to be non-playoff teams the Chiefs couldn't make the list right now (they're ahead of the Chargers by 1/2 game). The teams that are out of it right now that could possibly make the playoffs next year are:

1: Minnesota
2: Dallas
3: Oakland

Miami, Tampa Bay & Cleveland are three other teams I would consider. The only problem I have with them is that there are two really tough teams in their divisions I just don't see them passing.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I'll tell you, a co-worker is a Cleveland Brown fan, and he was really, really down on them during the pre-season. I understood why. That franchise was in the toliet.

Lo and behold...several weeks later, they have the exact record as the extremely talented Houston Texans.

Don't sleep on Cleveland. Holmgren has a plan.

ArlingtonTexan
12-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Rebuilding or not all but the worst teams in the league make the playoffs 1 in 5 (really 4) years not matter the division or situation.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Rebuilding or not all but the worst teams in the league make the playoffs 1 in 5 (really 4) years not matter the division or situation.

Yep. Reacing the playoffs within 5 years is a really reachable, attainable goal in the NFL.

Texanator
12-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Who will finish their rebuilding first?

I say it will be entire Hi-way system across all of Texas.

steelbtexan
12-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, I'll tell you, a co-worker is a Cleveland Brown fan, and he was really, really down on them during the pre-season. I understood why. That franchise was in the toliet.

Lo and behold...several weeks later, they have the exact record as the extremely talented Houston Texans.

Don't sleep on Cleveland. Holmgren has a plan.

Holmgren is a proven winner and if McCoy is the real deal. I belive they could reach the playoffs within the next 2 yrs.

drs23
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Holmgren is a proven winner and if McCoy is the real deal. I belive they could reach the playoffs within the next 2 yrs.

Holmgren believes he's the real deal it looks like and so do I (not that it counts). I think we'll be hearing a whole lot more about Colt McCoy in the seasons to come. I think Cleveland got a steal. He didn't set all those NCAA records being an inept, no talent QB. JMO

JCTexan
12-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't the Chiefs technically be a rebuilt team? Haley's been there for a few years now and Pioli has been making some pretty smart draft picks and FA acquisitions for a little bit. Of course we beat em, so I guess they are rebuilding? :shrug:

1. Raiders - Big ups to Darren McFadden for not looking like a scrub his 3rd year in.
2. Rams - They could win that division after picking 1st overall. Not sure if they are better than the Texans but they are closer to the playoffs that's for sure

Technically you could list the entire NFC West in this thread if we're talking just making the playoffs. San Francisco started the year 1-6 and are only one & a half games out of the division lead right now. They could possibly be one game out after this week at 5-9.

Hervoyel
12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I look sometimes at who's "been to suckville and back" since the Texans entered the league with a 4-12 record and it makes me angry. Then to try and make myself feel better I change it to "Just since Kubiak got here" and I still feel like crap. Finally I cut a year off for having to hang on to David Carr and it looks marginally better but there have still been too many teams go from bad to playoffs in the time it's taken Bob to figure out that Gary's definitely on the right track.

CharloTex
12-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Detroit

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Astros vs Texans

Which team makes the playoffs first?

TexCanada
12-18-2010, 02:47 PM
What does it mean to finish rebuilding? Superbowl?

Hookem Horns
12-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I look sometimes at who's "been to suckville and back" since the Texans entered the league with a 4-12 record and it makes me angry. Then to try and make myself feel better I change it to "Just since Kubiak got here" and I still feel like crap. Finally I cut a year off for having to hang on to David Carr and it looks marginally better but there have still been too many teams go from bad to playoffs in the time it's taken Bob to figure out that Gary's definitely on the right track.

This is so true. All you have to do is look at the NFL Draft history since the Texans came into the league.

If a team is drafting in the top 5 that generally means they have been in the tank. Here are some notable teams that have drafted in the top 5 since the Texans have been in the league.

Saints (2006, won the SB in 2009)
Giants (2004, won the Super Bowl in 2007)
Cardinals (2007, went to the SB in 2008)
Bears (2005, went to SB in 2006)
Falcons (2008, best record in NFC right now)

Of course there is a longer list of teams that had drafted at the top and have already cycled through being playoff teams since.

Actually there aren't many teams that haven't been to the playoffs after having some high draft positions. The Lions are the only consistent team drafting high and not going to the playoffs, hence my avatar.

b0ng
12-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Technically you could list the entire NFC West in this thread if we're talking just making the playoffs. San Francisco started the year 1-6 and are only one & a half games out of the division lead right now. They could possibly be one game out after this week at 5-9.

Nah man the Cardinals are a ****ing horrorshow/dumpsterfire/trainwreck. Matt Leinart was probably their most talented QB, and that's sad. They are probably in the Luck/Mallet/Locker sweepstakes but I feel for any QB going there. While they could be mediocre and heralded as the next Warner, they don't have that good of a FO and their owners are way way way way way way way worse than anything a Houstonian could come up with.

JCTexan
12-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Nah man the Cardinals are a ****ing horrorshow/dumpsterfire/trainwreck. Matt Leinart was probably their most talented QB, and that's sad. They are probably in the Luck/Mallet/Locker sweepstakes but I feel for any QB going there. While they could be mediocre and heralded as the next Warner, they don't have that good of a FO and their owners are way way way way way way way worse than anything a Houstonian could come up with.

Warner took that team to the Super Bowl two years ago, and won the division last year. If they draft a franchise QB they could be right there for the division at this time next year. They are only two games back in the division this year. That's how awful the NFC West is right now.

C Madd
12-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Detroit

This ^