PDA

View Full Version : McNabb benched again

Mr. Texan
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Rex Grossman will start in place of Donovan McNabb at quarterback against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, according to reports coming out of Washington. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan had refused to name the starter this week, but most folks had assumed it would be McNabb since he started the previous 13 games.

If the reports are true, Shanahan and son Kyle will have sparked yet another controversy in what has been a tumultuous first year on the job. They'd already benched McNabb once this season at the end of a game against the Detroit Lions. Now, it appears Grossman might be taking over for the rest of the season.

McNabb has the long-term contract extension, but that only provides some financial security. If Shanahan really makes this move, I think McNabb will be playing elsewhere next season. He'd already said he would be expect the Redskins to show "professionalism and communication" this week if they were going to bench him.

Here's hoping he didn't have to find out the news on TV (CSN Washington first broke the story). But no matter what, the Shanahan boys have stirred up more controversy in Washington. We thought things might be different once Albert Haynesworth was banished from Redskins Park, but Mike Shanahan has now upped the ante.

But something tells me the Cowboys won't be shaking at the thought of facing Grossman. They treated him pretty poorly in a 2007 game from what I can remember. We'll keep you updated on this situation throughout the day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/23128/report-mcnabb-benched-again

Norg
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Last night i thought i heard they were thinking about it but Kyle said Mcnabb would start the game

TheCD
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
So...does Rex know something about Little Shanny or something? Maybe a few of his escapades with Chris Simms?

McNabb may have dropped, but you'd be pretty hard pressed to convince me that he's worse than Sexy Rexy.

Hervoyel
12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
I really think Shanahan is a little nuts at this point. Not in that dangerous way or standing on the corner urinating in his own pants while holding out a cup for change kind of way. More like the way those people are who nobody can really work with for very long. You know, functionally crazy. I look at the guy and think "He kinda looks nuts to me". Jerry Glanville was like that. It's like his ego and his desire to have hands-on control of everything around him has gotten out of proportion to the good things he brings to a team.

I think Haynesworth would have been fine in Washington had he been allowed to simply come in and play the position he plays. Changing him to a 3-4 NT flipped his "I'm gonna be an asshole" switch on and I think Shanahan's switch is stuck in the on position now. Mike Shanahan will be out of football after next season and probably won't be coming back anytime soon. That's what I think.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 12:28 PM
maybe shanahan's thinking something else. Its clear they can't protect whomever is back there so maybe shanahan is trying to save what little of McNabb he has left by letting grosman take the rest of the punishment for the season & then come back with a better line next year for him. I just find it hard to believe he really believes Grossman is the better option at this point.....not after they just gave mcnabb that extension anyway.

texanhead08
12-17-2010, 01:29 PM
That team had numerous offensive problems before McNabb ever showed up. Their oline sucks and they have subpar recievers. They are trying to deflect the blame off themselves and on the QB when the whole orginization needs to accept blame.

El Tejano
12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Mcnair should be like Dan Snyder.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SEX CANNON (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html) (NSFW).

I would post excerpts but there are a lot of wirty dords on there.

JB
12-17-2010, 08:48 PM
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SEX CANNON (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html) (NSFW).

I would post excerpts but there are a lot of wirty dords on there.

That is Hilarious! Some of the comments pretty good as well

PapaL
12-18-2010, 12:05 AM
McNabb needs to go to AZ and finish is career. Washington experiment has been an epic fail.

TheEastwood
12-18-2010, 09:32 PM
The Dragon makes another appearance. Wish him the best of luck... if only to see more kissingsuzykolber.com posts about him. Go Sexy Rexy!!!! The original and only SEXCANNON

Damn that pass looks pretty going deep. I bet that cheerleader just creamed herself lookin at it. Who cares if it was intercepted? Did you see the tight spiral on that shit? Bitches love a tight spiral