PDA

View Full Version : Tampa... Blacked out AGAIN!

mootini
12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
It amazes me how, the national media has not said one word about the Bucs this season. The Bucs, have offically, had all home season blacked out! Where is the media banging on their fans/community? The Jags at least had one game, last season, not blacked out vs. Colts. The Bucs are still in the playoff race with a 8-5 record and black out again. Sorry, there is no excuse. CBS sports just announced that final home game Redskins vs. Jags, will not be blacked out. The Jags/fans/community have come together this season, no blackouts! :kitten::kitten::kitten:

mattieuk
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
They need to start using some tarps before they'll get really slated. :kitten:

Pretty sad that the community won't even support a winning team though.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
They need to start using some tarps before they'll get really slated. :kitten:

Pretty sad that the community won't even support a winning team though.

All the tarps in Florida are already being used. :pirate:

Hookem Horns
12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Don't mess with the Bucs. I always loved the Bucs.

http://www.teamontop.com/all_images/buccaneers76_96.jpg

El Tejano
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
It amazes me how, the national media has not said one word about the Bucs this season. The Bucs, have offically, had all home season blacked out! Where is the media banging on their fans/community? The Jags at least had one game, last season, not blacked out vs. Colts. The Bucs are still in the playoff race with a 8-5 record and black out again. Sorry, there is no excuse. CBS sports just announced that final home game Redskins vs. Jags, will not be blacked out. The Jags/fans/community have come together this season, no blackouts! :kitten::kitten::kitten:

http://rlv.zcache.com/california_here_we_come_bumper_sticker-p128944875839308906tmn6_210.jpg

TheIronDuke
12-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't understand why Florida needs 3 NFL football teams, horrible pro sports state.

TexanSam
12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Has Tampa always had problems with blackouts prior to this season?

thunderkyss
12-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Freaking Bucs.....
8-5, can't sell a ticket.

Texans.... can't win.. but selling out every home game.

Go figure.

TEXANRED
12-18-2010, 11:54 PM

The Jags are trying to justify a move to L.A.

The Bucs are staying put.

Sorry, I feel for you. It sucks to lose a team.

kastofsna
12-22-2010, 02:33 PM

no, they've sold out every game since the new stadium opened in '97.

i hope more fans stop going to games, find other ways to view the games (i.e. glorious illegal streams) and force the NFL to lift their ridiculous blackout rule.

it's you guys that sell-out every game are the problem. stop putting ridiculous amounts of money in the pockets of billionaire owners who don't give a shit about what your team does on the field.

TexansBlood
12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't understand why Florida needs 3 NFL football teams, horrible pro sports state.

This.

eriadoc
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
it's you guys that sell-out every game are the problem. Stop putting ridiculous amounts of money in the pockets of billionaire owners who don't give a shit about what your team does on the field.

qft

Norg
12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Im surprised texans games havent been blacked out yet :kitten:

imatexan
12-22-2010, 05:43 PM

i hope more fans stop going to games, find other ways to view the games (i.e. glorious illegal streams) and force the NFL to lift their ridiculous blackout rule.

it's you guys that sell-out every game are the problem. stop putting ridiculous amounts of money in the pockets of billionaire owners who don't give a shit about what your team does on the field.

:kubepalm::wadepalm::bender:

houstonspartan
12-24-2010, 12:19 PM

This is the real issue. Florida is saturated: Three football teams, two baseball teams, two basketball teams, two baseball teams, and two hockey teams.

It's ridiculus.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2010, 12:31 PM

Not really. While they haven't ranked in the top half of the league in attendance they went from 99% average capacity in 2008, to 96% in 2009 to a huge drop-off this season, falling to 75% capacity.

Fred
12-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Freaking Bucs.....
8-5, can't sell a ticket.

Texans.... can't win.. but selling out every home game.

Go figure.

Surprisingly season tickets are usually sold in the off-season, not 13 games into the season. Since most NFL tickets are sold as season tickets - not walk up tickets, poor season tickets sales will probably result in un-soldout games. Tampa Bay was 3-13 last year. To the extent that your ticket sales are dependent on your won-lost record your record last year is much more important for this year's sales than this year's record is.

Thanks for your attention,
Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

mootini
12-27-2010, 10:37 AM

They would have in 2009, but the owner bought the unused tickets. But this season, no way, and ALL games blacked out.

mootini
12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Not really. While they haven't ranked in the top half of the league in attendance they went from 99% average capacity in 2008, to 96% in 2009 to a huge drop-off this season, falling to 75% capacity.

Exactly the drop off is the reason why the Owner did not buy up those unused tickets. Wait until you see the stats for 2010.

mootini
12-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Thank PSL's!

mootini
12-27-2010, 10:42 AM

No, they have not sold out every game since 97! Is this the same term for a "sell out" in S. FL? I mean those Dolphin games look like a sea of orange seats, until the Jets or Patroits show up.

mootini
12-27-2010, 10:45 AM
The Jags are trying to justify a move to L.A.

The Bucs are staying put.

Sorry, I feel for you. It sucks to lose a team.

Justify? LOL Jags are not going to LA, wake up! Bucs/Devil Rays/Tampa has some serious issues, I mean they had to give out free tickets for the Devil Rays playoff games!

thunderkyss
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Exactly the drop off is the reason why the Owner did not buy up those unused tickets. Wait until you see the stats for 2010.

Why the drop off? Economy?

TheCD
12-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Wasn't the blackout restriction lifted just last year? We may have some to come...but this is Texas and it's gonna take more than a few bad seasons (read: 9 bad seasons) of football to keep people from watching.

All the tarps in Florida are already being used. :pirate:

:spit: