PDA

View Full Version : ... probably not firing Kubiak

Pages : [1] 2

texanchris
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
doesnt sound like we are going to fire him after reading what Mcnair said

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/McNair-addresses-team-after-practice/22ecbd97-0394-46bc-863b-49f0af6d4d59e

Section516
12-16-2010, 04:11 PM

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/McNair-addresses-team-after-practice/22ecbd97-0394-46bc-863b-49f0af6d4d59e

McNair was asked if all the positive remarks from other owners would have an effect on Texans coach Gary Kubiak's future with the team.

"I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said. "Clearly, we have to do better, because what we've done wasn't good enough. But (it affirms) that we're on the right track, and I've felt that way all along.

"We'll review everything at the end of the year, and will we make some changes? I'm sure we will make some -- we'll see some things that need to be improved. But we're very, very close to having the kind of team I think that we can all be proud of, and we just have to keep working hard and push it over the top. I think we're close."

The Texans have set an NFL record this season by becoming the first team in league history to come back from a deficit of at least 14 points to take the lead or tie, only to end up losing, in four games.

Each of those four losses has come during a 1-6 skid that has dropped the Texans' record from 4-2 to 5-8, which has all but ended their hopes of making the playoffs for the first time in team history.

"It's a killer," McNair said. "I hurt more than anybody. To see that we're so close to being where we want to be and then to be denied is just very disheartening. But you know, it's like life. I mean, does everything work out in your life? I doubt it. You don't quit, do you? No, you just suck it up and go on. And that's what you have to do. That's one reason this game is such a great reflection of life. It's what we face every day. And our fans, I feel their frustration and what have you. I get letters. I write them all back and tell them, 'Hey, I'm just as frustrated as you are.' But nobody wants to win more than I do, or Gary. I'll tell you that."

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
McNair was asked if all the positive remarks from other owners would have an effect on Texans coach Gary Kubiak's future with the team.

"I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said. "Clearly, we have to do better, because what we've done wasn't good enough. But (it affirms) that we're on the right track, and I've felt that way all along.

"We'll review everything at the end of the year, and will we make some changes? I'm sure we will make some -- we'll see some things that need to be improved. But we're very, very close to having the kind of team I think that we can all be proud of, and we just have to keep working hard and push it over the top. I think we're close."

The Texans have set an NFL record this season by becoming the first team in league history to come back from a deficit of at least 14 points to take the lead or tie, only to end up losing, in four games.

Each of those four losses has come during a 1-6 skid that has dropped the Texans' record from 4-2 to 5-8, which has all but ended their hopes of making the playoffs for the first time in team history.

"It's a killer," McNair said. "I hurt more than anybody. To see that we're so close to being where we want to be and then to be denied is just very disheartening. But you know, it's like life. I mean, does everything work out in your life? I doubt it. You don't quit, do you? No, you just suck it up and go on. And that's what you have to do. That's one reason this game is such a great reflection of life. It's what we face every day. And our fans, I feel their frustration and what have you. I get letters. I write them all back and tell them, 'Hey, I'm just as frustrated as you are.' But nobody wants to win more than I do, or Gary. I'll tell you that."

Well, there it is.

Thanks, Bob. No more season tickets for me. I'm done. Flat-screen tv's are too cheap for all of this.

I give up.

JB
12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm too slow

Pantherstang84
12-16-2010, 04:16 PM
If we go back to Suckville next year, I think I will sit the season out. Just freaking unbelievable. Yeah Mr. McNair maybe the Texans will make it to the playoff before you kick the bucket with your lukewarm coach. Then again maybe not. Beam me up Scotty. Energize!

b0ng
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Kubiak is retained.

Pantherstang84
12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, there it is.

Thanks, Bob. No more season tickets for me. I'm done. Flat-screen tv's are too cheap for all of this.

I give up.

Need about 68,998 more to follow suit or it will be pointless. Your Houston Texans: Lukewarm since 2006.

JB
12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
For all who decide you are not going to renew your season tickets, do you have PSL's? Will you lose your PSL if you don't renew?

Rey
12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Welp...There it is....

HoustonFrog
12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Why not flood the guy with letters. Where do you write him?

Rey
12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I must say, I am not terribly, terribly upset....

I have said all along that I think Kubiak can be a good head coach...I just thought his time here had passed....

Hopefully, we make some changes as far as defensive coaches go, and hopefully Kubiak has no input to that at all...

gafftop
12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Looking back at post done in October of last year.

"All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season. I was pro Kubiak at beginning of season but now I am ambivalent. Big questions
1) Inability to get team ready to play. Both beginning of season against Jets and it seems at the beginning of each game. Can he motivate?
2) Are the players tired of his style? Have they bought into his idea for the team? Are the players tired of Smith? Are they really giving 100%. I know some players are , but you really need all the players to give their all, especially when you are almost there like the Texans are.
3) Overall game plans and play selection on offense.
4) Evaluation and usage of the players, strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole and getting the best outcome you can get based on them.
But really who wants to hear any more. I'm DONE. "

Not a damn thing has changed. I don't think Kubiak gets it.

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 04:22 PM
For all who decide you are not going to renew your season tickets, do you have PSL's? Will you lose your PSL if you don't renew?

Yes, I have a PSL. Yes, I will lose it.

No, I don't care. I'm tired.

Hookem Horns
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM

http://www.ruqus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/new-lions-logo-1.png

b0ng
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Fans are really really going to groan a lot this year if, Bush isn't fired and a hotshot (read: Not an Internal Promotion) DC isn't hired. I can't imagine what opening day would look like (knock on wood) if Bush is the DC again this year.

ThaShark316
12-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Told y'all in that cowher thread...Kubiak ain't going nowhere.

IDEXAN
12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
""I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said."
&&
"We're on the right track," McNair said. Huh ? "Right track" ? What "right track" ? I don't see a "right track" ? Anybody see a "right track" ?

TexansSeminole
12-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll probably lose the majority of my interest in this team if we keep Kubiak and continue what we have been doing. I'll still watch the team, but I can't keep following a team on a daily basis that refuses to help themselves and continues down a path of mediocrity.

I don't think McNair understands that fan support comes and goes. He may be blinded by the ticket sales, but I promise you if he keeps this up people will migrate away from the team. While I will still watch the games, there are many people who will quit watching altogether.

HoustonFrog
12-16-2010, 04:33 PM
This is the sad part about his statements

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/McNair-addresses-team-after-practice/22ecbd97-0394-46bc-863b-49f0af6d4d59

"I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to say about our team, because it had never happened before like this," McNair said. "They were all, frankly, pulling for us after the way we came back... They just said it was just one of the most impressive comebacks they had ever seen. What was interesting was they didn't talk about the overtime. They didn't talk about the interception. All they could talk about was the comeback. They could just not believe it.

Basically impressed and happy because of a great failed comeback. What a joke. That is the mentality with him and the team. Cheering for .500. Celebrating 9-7. Impressed with a comeback that is a loss. For a guy who really wants to pull for this team it is pure frustration.

Corrosion
12-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, there it is.

I give up.

Need about 68,998 more to follow suit or it will be pointless. Your Houston Texans: Lukewarm since 2006.

For everyone who gives up their PSL's and season tickets ..... there will be a couple dozen waiting to purchase them.

You guy's need to look at the positives , no they may not be in the WL column but I agree with McNair , this team is real close to being real good for an extended stretch.
They do everything well accept stop the pass (and win) , once they solve that they will fulfill those expectations.

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Double Barrel
12-16-2010, 04:35 PM
yowza...well, there ya' go. I, along with with a few other pragmatics, have been saying all along that McNair will keep Kubiak through 2011. I felt it in my bones, and no matter how much the fan base rejects the guy, it's his team and he gets to do what he wants.

Welcome to the land of the Houston Lions...errr....Detroit Texans...d'oh, I get them so confused these days. Mediocre just oozes together in a thick and smelly pile of goo that it's tough to tell them apart.

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
For everyone who gives up their PSL's and season tickets ..... there will be a couple dozen waiting to purchase them.

I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit. It's simply not true. My section went from being a PSL section to a non-PSL section because they damn near had to start giving seats away to move them.

THere are still a ton of tickets available. We aren't the Green Bay Packers with a 30-year waiting list.

Double Barrel
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Link doesn't work.

"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

hot pickle
well lets only hope that the titans give the texans a good shit kicking this week and then mr mcnair will be singing a different tune

but in all seriousness texans! beat the titans asses!

Surreal McCoy
You guy's need to look at the positives...

That's the crux of the matter. Some people are Hicks, some are Hudsons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY). ;)

Jackie Chiles
12-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Smart move by the other owners heaping praise on this beautiful house of mud we have built. Convincing Bob we are on the right track eliminates 1 more team from playoff contention. Like taking candy from a baby.

ThaShark316
12-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Ok, so since Gary ain't getting fired...it's basically like this:

After the 18th of the next season the Texans play...if the man isn't coaching a 19th game within a week or 2, he's fired. PERIOD...they'll cut him some slack because of the lockout looming and the bad defense...but the bad 1st halves have to end. If not, good bye.

Surreal McCoy
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Link doesn't work.

"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

Here ya go Double.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-49f0af6d4d59

Texans chairman and CEO Bob McNair addressed the team for several minutes after practice on Thursday at the Methodist Training Center.

In the wake of the Texans' 34-28 overtime loss to the Baltimore Ravens, McNair said that he received an uncommon outpouring of support at the NFL owners' meetings in Fort Worth on Tuesday.

"I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to say about our team, because it had never happened before like this," McNair said. "They were all, frankly, pulling for us after the way we came back... They just said it was just one of the most impressive comebacks they had ever seen. What was interesting was they didn't talk about the overtime. They didn't talk about the interception. All they could talk about was the comeback. They could just not believe it.

"The level of respect that they have for our team and how close they think we are to really being not just a good team but an outstanding team, it was nice to hear your peer group say that about you. So I just wanted the team to know how close not only we think they are, but how close our competitors think they are, to being an outstanding team."

One of McNair's primary messages to the players on Thursday was the same thing that Kubiak and his staff have been reinforcing: To step up and make plays in crunch time. Kubiak said that McNair told him before practice that he would like to address the team.

"I think it's good," Kubiak said. "Our guys know how much he cares about them. He's out here at practice all the time. He's in the locker room. He's very active from that standpoint with this football team and he doesn't say a whole lot, and when he does speak, people pay attention."

Hervoyel
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Told y'all in that cowher thread...Kubiak ain't going nowhere.

Perhaps he's not but that doesn't mean there won't be change. If Kubiak doesn't go then Texans fans will. Gradually at first but if he continues to be the kind of coach he's been for 5 straight years McNair will have a half-filled, blacked out stadium by the end of 2011.

I'm not interested in watching anymore of this. I'm out for the remainder of this incarnation of the Texans. Better things to do than watch them find new records in futility to set.

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Smart move by the other owners heaping praise on this beautiful house of mud we have built. Convincing Bob we are on the right track eliminates 1 more team from playoff contention. Like taking candy from a baby.

Exactly. They see us as a playoff threat. And, we're a profitable House of Mud in a fairly wealthy city. Good for revenue sharing.

The "compliments" McNair recieved were back-handed. 99 percent of all those other owners would have fired Kubiak two years ago.

HoustonFrog
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Seriously, where do you write the guy?

Runner
12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm not surprised.

Corporate culture is hard to change. I see McNair says they are waiting for the end of the season to see if there were any problem areas that need to be fixed. No use wasting time trying to fix the broken parts of the Texans when this season is in play. There is always next year.

If they are so close, do you think they will risk tinkering with the defense? (Assuming post-season analysis shows there was a problem there).

Next year when they continue the mediocrity (using the last three years as a guide; history provides a better view of the future than blind hope) there will be disappointment and confusion of how it happened.

Kubes is back! The Texans aren't going to risk a bold move to get better. At least we should all know where to set expectations for next season. Does 7-9 - 9-7 sound like a good range?

spurstexanstros
12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
all hail the mighty Kubes...worship his majesty the Tom Landry of his generation..kid dynamo..the eighth wonder of Reliant Park will wreak vengance upon the NFL and his doubters .......

is what you guys think us Kubiak supporters are doing right now...Im not. I like Kubiak but im tired of not making the playoffs..im still pissed at all 4 of those close games. I want to win just like the rest of you guys but unlike you I think Kubiak is the guy to get us there. I still dont think Kubiak is safe, if the CBA is settled and he gets word that Cowher will come here Kubiak would be gone.

Plus this sounded like the all powerful vote of confidence.

IDEXAN
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
After reading the whole article, I gotta say that Kubiak is set for another year even if he dosen't win another game, i.e., finishs with a 5-11 record.
I'd say that's pretty close to an unconditional endorsement of Kubiak by the old man, if only for the 2011 season.
Now the DCs job is probably an entirely different matter, but I don't think that's nearly as important as getting some new guys to play on the D, specifically a collection of downlinemen who can consistantly get pressure on the QB.
It's frustrating, but they're still my team. For now and for the future no matter what.

Runner
12-16-2010, 04:58 PM

I have said all along that I think Kubiak can be a good head coach...I just thought his time here had passed....

Hopefully, we make some changes as far as defensive coaches go, and hopefully Kubiak has no input to that at all...

You are confident in his ability as a head coach, but you think it necessary to strip him of one of the most basic authorities of a head coach - to pick his own staff? To protect the team from his decisions?

I wonder if they should let him use pointy scissors...

Double Barrel
12-16-2010, 04:59 PM

That was my first thought. Wasn't this the same group of owners that sold Charlie Casserly to McNair as a noob owner? Ol' Bob is like the kid that always falls for the "something on your shirt" trick where you bonk his nose. The other owners with the Texans scheduled in 2011 are playin' the game.

Hey Bob, PULL MY FINGER!!

I'm not surprised.

Corporate culture is hard to change. I see McNair says they are waiting for the end of the season to see if there were any problem areas that need to be fixed. No use wasting time trying to fix the broken parts of the Texans when this season is in play. There is always next year.

If they are so close, do you think they will risk tinkering with the defense? (Assuming post-season analysis shows there was a problem there).

Next year when they continue the mediocrity (using the last three years as a guide; history provides a better view of the future than blind hope) there will be disappointment and confusion of how it happened.

Kubes is back! The Texans aren't going to risk a bold move to get better. At least we should all know where to set expectations for next season. Does 7-9 - 9-7 sound like a good range?

Embrace the futility! Celebrate the mediocrity! And feel free to attend the ReliantWorld GameDay Experience® with your wife and kids (for a small nominal fee, of course..."small" being relative).

all hail the mighty Kubes...worship his majesty the Tom Landry of his generation..kid dynamo..the eighth wonder of Reliant Park will wreak vengance upon the NFL and his doubters .......

is what you guys think us Kubiak supporters are doing right now...Im not. I like Kubiak but im tired of not making the playoffs..im still pissed at all 4 of those close games. I want to win just like the rest of you guys but unlike you I think Kubiak is the guy to get us there. I still dont think Kubiak is safe, if the CBA is settled and he gets word that Cowher will come here Kubiak would be gone.

Plus this sounded like the all powerful vote of confidence.

The problem with McNair is the "all powerful vote of confidence" is actually a vote of confidence.

:koolaid:

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 05:00 PM
You are confident in his ability as a head coach, but you think it necessary to strip him of one of the most basic authorities of a head coach - to pick his own staff? To protect the team from his decisions?

Exactly. And what kind chain-of-command will set in if McNair-Smith chose the next defensive coordinator with no input from Kubiak? That guy will, essentially, be Kubiak's boss.

If you can't trust him to pick major parts of his team, what's the point in putting him in charge?

disaacks3
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Of COURSE the other Owners are "behind you" Bob....you're guaranteeing them wins each year by settling for mediocrity!!!

Heck, ask the owners of the Eagles, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, etc if they want Bob to keep Kubiak...why wouldn't they think it was a FANTASTIC Idea?

Kimmy
12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
seriously, where do you write the guy?

1807 river oaks blvd
houston tx 77019

DoCRoN
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit. It's simply not true. My section went from being a PSL section to a non-PSL section because they damn near had to start giving seats away to move them.

THere are still a ton of tickets available. We aren't the Green Bay Packers with a 30-year waiting list.

I didn't know they switched PSL sections to non-PSL sections! Where do you sit?

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 05:09 PM
i didn't know they switched psl sections to non-psl sections! Where do you sit?

Hervoyel
12-16-2010, 05:11 PM
After reading the whole article, I gotta say that Kubiak is set for another year even if he dosen't win another game, i.e., finishs with a 5-11 record.
I'd say that's pretty close to an unconditional endorsement of Kubiak by the old man, if only for the 2011 season.
Now the DCs job is probably an entirely different matter, but I don't think that's nearly as important as getting some new guys to play on the D, specifically a collection of downlinemen who can consistantly get pressure on the QB.
It's frustrating, but they're still my team. For now and for the future no matter what.

I understand what you mean but I can't see football like that anymore. The Texans are entertainment and NFL football left my world once and I was surprised to find that I didn't miss a beat. The sun came up and the sky stayed blue. Die hard, Fan for Life, Ultimate Fan. None of those will ever be used to describe me. At one time I would have claimed otherwise but not since 1996.

I tried to get the Texans under my skin the way the Oilers had been but it wouldn't take. Part of that I think is because once the Oilers walked out on us I felt like I'd seen the man behind the curtain (pay him no mind) and the result was a fan who saw the business more than the game. Before that I saw the game and tried to ignore the business. The rest of it was because the Texans have always felt "wrong" to me. NFL teams reflect "when" they come from as much as where they come from. They play in our time but the Packers, Bears, and Giants still reflect the early NFL back at you. The Jets, Bronco's and Raiders still give off a bit of an early AFL vibe. To me there's still a slight hint of the 70's about the Buc's and Seahawks. The Jaguars and Panthers "feel" like the 90's.

The Texans feel like the modern NFL. They're slick, plastic, shallow, and fake. They're more of an NFL theme park experience than an NFL game experience and on top of it all they've consistently managed to either suck outright or be mediocre while arriving at that modest level of "not lousy" looking stunningly lousy from week to week. They're the spiritual successors to the old Oilers in that they can find ways to screw up that nobody imagined anyone would ever screw up so in a way they fit but they aren't my team. They'll never be my team really.

And now I know their owner is fine with that so in a way it doesn't really even bother me that the Texans "transplant" didn't take. I don't feel like it was as much my fault as theirs now.

Rey
12-16-2010, 05:15 PM

No...I'm not currently confident with his abilities...

I think it's possible that he can become a good coach in the future..

"In the future" can be as early as next year, or as far away as his next coaching job.

I just think someone needs to force him to get rid of Bush and bring in someone with some clout.

BTW, this is all my second choice. I didn't think I should preface what I said with "as long as he's going to be here next year anyways"...

My first choice would have been for him to have already been fired.

Runner
12-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Embrace the futility! Celebrate the mediocrity! And feel free to attend the ReliantWorld GameDay Experience® with your wife and kids (for a small nominal fee, of course..."small" being relative).

And since this is more about entertainment than a quest for greatness, then it's time to laugh at this organization like the rest of the league does. I already snicker when they show Kubes on the sideline and the term "brain trust" flits through my mind.

Don't get me wrong - I think Kubiak is a good guy, as many people do. I just respect his role in this great comedy.

Second Honeymoon
12-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Man, I am so freaking pissed right now. I am at a loss for words.....Psyche.

So this offseason, we have another year of Kubiak losing football games to look forward to? McNair doesn't give a crap about winning. He would rather win than lose but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean that much to him. It's painfully obvious after reading those quotes.

And I say this to the blithering fool McNair. You know why everyone wanted you to win? Because those owners want Baltimore's playoff spot and were hoping we could knock them off. Those owners don't give a crap about your team, Bob. Get over yourself, please. Your team lost the game in heartbreaking fashion AGAIN!!! you have won like 2 games at home all year...just embarassing.

The Cowboys rolled your team, McNair. Rolled it up and smoked it like the finest bud from Amsterdam. The Cowboys. And you followed that up with failure after failure. YAY! everyone we beat the Titans with a first time starter rookie QB. hoo-freaking-ray.

We started 4-2 and then went in the tank. In dramatic fashion week after week. I am no quitter but part of me wants this team to just go in the tank so Bob's hand will be pushed and we can get a better draft pick.

But I am done talking about Kubiak possibly being fired because its not going to happen unless they go 5-11 or maybe 6-10. It's just a waste of energy. I didn't know how crappy of an owner Bob was until reading those quotes.

BOB, YOU SUCK and I am glad I sold my 4 prime PSLs before this failure of a season. Got our money back on the licenses and didn't have to pay for another season's worth of tickets to unmitigated and unadulterated failure.

Everyone needs to put their money where their mouth is. Believe me, I feel really good letting my seats go because A.) they suck and B.) if they ever get serious about winning I can always come back.

As for people that think for every PSL lost there are 5 looking to pick them up, you are wrong. Yeah field level PSL's will still be in demand and I didn't have a hard time moving our seats but if they would have been in mid or upper tiers, you wouldn't get any serious inquiries.

I had to sell our PSLs to a guy moving to Houston from Boston. He was a Pats fan but he had to have NFL seats where he was living. I didn't get but 2serious inquiries in about a month and they were 15th row in the end zone. Now after this year of failure, I think Bob may start to get hit where it hurts. That last regular season game could be pretty empty if things continue to spiral down.

well rant over. FIRE BOB MCNAIR

Ole Miss Texan
12-16-2010, 05:21 PM
xxxxxx blvd
houston tx 77xxx
I would refrain from posting any home addresses of players or front office personnel, just for privacy reasons.

Letters should go to:
Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

Mr. White
12-16-2010, 05:21 PM
This is what McNair really meant:

"I quite frankly don't have the balls to make a coaching change. My corporation has proven quite profitable since I've had this franchise. My main concern is to create a profitable gameday atmosphere rather than to define success in terms of wins and losses."

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Man, I am so freaking pissed right now. I am at a loss for words.....Psyche.

So this offseason, we have another year of Kubiak losing football games to look forward to? McNair doesn't give a crap about winning. He would rather win than lose but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean that much to him. It's painfully obvious after reading those quotes.

And I say this to the blithering fool McNair. You know why everyone wanted you to win? Because those owners want Baltimore's playoff spot and were hoping we could knock them off. Those owners don't give a crap about your team, Bob. Get over yourself, please. Your team lost the game in heartbreaking fashion AGAIN!!! you have won like 2 games at home all year...just embarassing.

The Cowboys rolled your team, McNair. Rolled it up and smoked it like the finest bud from Amsterdam. The Cowboys. And you followed that up with failure after failure. YAY! everyone we beat the Titans with a first time starter rookie QB. hoo-freaking-ray.

We started 4-2 and then went in the tank. In dramatic fashion week after week. I am no quitter but part of me wants this team to just go in the tank so Bob's hand will be pushed and we can get a better draft pick.

But I am done talking about Kubiak possibly being fired because its not going to happen unless they go 5-11 or maybe 6-10. It's just a waste of energy. I didn't know how crappy of an owner Bob was until reading those quotes.

BOB, YOU SUCK and I am glad I sold my 4 prime PSLs before this failure of a season. Got our money back on the licenses and didn't have to pay for another season's worth of tickets to unmitigated and unadulterated failure.

Everyone needs to put their money where their mouth is. Believe me, I feel really good letting my seats go because A.) they suck and B.) if they ever get serious about winning I can always come back.

As for people that think for every PSL lost there are 5 looking to pick them up, you are wrong. Yeah field level PSL's will still be in demand and I didn't have a hard time moving our seats but if they would have been in mid or upper tiers, you wouldn't get any serious inquiries.
I had to sell our PSLs to a guy moving to Houston from Boston. He was a Pats fan but he had to have NFL seats where he was living. I didn't get but 2serious inquiries in about a month and they were 15th row in the end zone. Now after this year of failure, I think Bob may start to get hit where it hurts. That last regular season game could be pretty empty if things continue to spiral down.

well rant over. FIRE BOB MCNAIR

Second, you are correct on this point. I have great, mid-tier seats in 324. Great seats. You can see the entire field. There are very few "orginals" left, and the past two seasons have seen new people in each seat in almost every game. The lady who sits next to me who finally bought those empty seats told me that not only did she NOT have to pay a PSL fee (ours was a PSL section), but the Texans tossed in a free pass to that upscale churrasco's club for every game. So, she gets to go there, eat and drink and relax before every game. The Texans were desperate to sell those seats. (Now, of course, that lowers the value of my seats, but, oh well, I guess).

Bob is playing a very dangerous game with the fans this season.

HoustonFrog
12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I would refrain from posting any home addresses of players or front office personnel, just for privacy reasons.

Letters should go to:
Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

Thanks, wish he had an email

Surreal McCoy
12-16-2010, 05:30 PM
1807 river oaks blvd
houston tx 77019

I knew it! The fat cat is livin' in River Oaks off our money!!!!!!!!

houstonspartan
12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
I knew it! The fat cat is livin' in River Oaks off our money!!!!!!!!

LOL. In all fairness, the guy was a multi-BILLIONARE before he even bought the team. Where did you expect him to live, in the ghetto?

Double Barrel
12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL. In all fairness, the guy was a multi-BILLIONARE before he even bought the team. Where did you expect him to live, in the ghetto?

Yep. The benefit of Enron connections.

CretorFrigg
12-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Is this some sort of sick joke McNair wants to play on the fan base? Do we deserve this? We've been loyal to the team. I think that's evident when they sell out every game. Yet, they repay us with the same crap year-in and year-out.

I'm sick and tired of the "we're on the right track" mantra. Are we? If being on the right track means mediocrity, then I guess we are. We're headed towards yet another 8-8 or worse season. Is that really the right track? Thank you McNair for settling for mediocrity.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not proud of the product they're putting out on the field. It's entertaining, yes. We usually manage to stay in the game. But whenever I travel outside of Houston and state my football allegiance, do you know what everybody's reaction is? "Oh, the Texans? They suck. Good luck next year, man."
Next year? It's always about next year. Since 2002, folks. Come on. We haven't ever made the play-offs before.

I'm sorry for all you dedicated fans who have had season tickets since 2002. Sorry for the rant.

KA4Texan
12-16-2010, 05:39 PM
You guys are brutal, we are on the right track........... unfortunately I think we are more like the car stuck on them, than the train.

.....anyone know what happens if you stay on the tracks long enough without going anywhere?

Anyone? Anyone at all? Bueller........ Bueller.......?:kitten:

texanchris
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Paul Kahursky article about Bob Mcnair. So dissapointed right now that Mcnair will probably keep Kubiak. He says that him and Kubiak want to win more than anybody else does but that does not mean Kubiak is the best person for the job. Maybe next decade we will make the playoffs....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/19340/i-dont-follow-mcnairs-logic-do-you

Texan634
12-16-2010, 06:00 PM

My sentiments exactly

False Start
12-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Well hell, that just put a damper on my day. :pissed: :rake:

Dishman
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM

I guess some people missed the many, many empty seats throughout Reliant during Monday night. Sitting in section 502 I had a birds-eye view, and let me tell you it was dissapointing to see, but not surprising.

Pantherstang84
12-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Seriously. Is he that damn gullible?

Hervoyel
12-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Seriously. Is he that damn gullible?

He may be a very good businessman but he's a chump in the NFL "shark pool". The Texans won't be good until McNair accidentally stumbles into someone who can make them so.

False Start
12-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Official Texans fan smilie... http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9610/paperbag1.gif... :heh:

FirstTexansFan
12-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh well, I had hoped change was coming. I'll forever be a fan of Houston sports teams, but I won't be making that trip or two I make every year to Reliant stadium. I'll save that money to pay for my DirecTV Sunday Ticket, as I'm sure we'll be right back where we were in previous years, where the game won't be shown in our area of Texas.

I can't say I've felt this disappointed in a long time... wait, it's the same feeling I get everytime I see these guys on the field... nevermind.

Thorn
12-16-2010, 06:21 PM
meh......if any of you guys are suprised that Kubiak is coming back next year, you shouldn't be. You knew it would happen. But, what the hell. Let's just wait for the season to be over with and see what old Bob does.

SheTexan
12-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Really hard to know what to say. It's all about choices. Everyone responding to this thread is a passionate TEXAN fan, or you would not be so emotional over this article. That being said, ALL OF YOU have a choice. If you don't like what goes on at Reliant Stadium, in the FO or on the field, then just don't participate.. It's as simple as that. BUT, don't come here repeatedly with all your negativity just because THEY didn't see things your way. I have watched TT take a HUGE nose dive this year, due to all the posters who THINK they know more than the folks making the decisions. Yes, this is an opinion board, and a very good one thanks to Kevin!! The Texans have lost fans in the past due to disagreements with decisions made at the top. WELL GUESS WHAT! They still sell out every year,, the fans still show up, buy merchandise, and have HOPE that MAYBE next year will be different. We are all tired of mediocracy, but, we still have a choice to make. Either believe in the future of our team, or get out. Jump off the wagon and PLEASE don't jump back on if/when we do succeed.

As for me! I'm a TEXAN for life! I love the game of football and they are my chosen team. I'll still be here next year, and the year after. SURE, I want a SB as much as the next guy/gal! I'm 65 yrs old, my time might be running out, I dealt with the Oilers for 36 yrs, I AM FRIGGIN DUE a spot in the limelight, just for one glorious day on the first Sunday in Feb, just once before I go on to football heaven. When you love the game as much as most of us do, you KNOW you have to take the bad with the good. Thats just the way it is! Vent your frustrations, get pissed off, yell and scream, burn your TEXAN gear if you want. BUT, if you decide to come back, put the past behind you and let's move on.

I know there a grammatical errors, and this post is sappy, BUT, I gotta go to work and don't have time to edit!

LOVE ALL you guys/gals on TT!!

NitroGSXR
12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Second, you are correct on this point. I have great, mid-tier seats in 324. Great seats. You can see the entire field. There are very few "orginals" left, and the past two seasons have seen new people in each seat in almost every game. The lady who sits next to me who finally bought those empty seats told me that not only did she NOT have to pay a PSL fee (ours was a PSL section), but the Texans tossed in a free pass to that upscale churrasco's club for every game. So, she gets to go there, eat and drink and relax before every game. The Texans were desperate to sell those seats. (Now, of course, that lowers the value of my seats, but, oh well, I guess).

Bob is playing a very dangerous game with the fans this season.

Really? I'm one who has been waiting for some PSLs to open up for some time now. I want to buy in. I'm always told there are none.

Are you trying to imply to me that the Texans are lying to me or something equally sinster? I'm not buying it. You'll have to excuse me while I go wait on that PSL list some more. I know they'll happily take my money any chance they get.

False Start
Really hard to know what to say. It's all about choices. Everyone responding to this thread is a passionate TEXAN fan, or you would not be so emotional over this article. That being said, ALL OF YOU have a choice. If you don't like what goes on at Reliant Stadium, in the FO or on the field, then just don't participate.. It's as simple as that. BUT, don't come here repeatedly with all your negativity just because THEY didn't see things your way. I have watched TT take a HUGE nose dive this year, due to all the posters who THINK they know more than the folks making the decisions. Yes, this is an opinion board, and a very good one thanks to Kevin!! The Texans have lost fans in the past due to disagreements with decisions made at the top. WELL GUESS WHAT! They still sell out every year,, the fans still show up, buy merchandise, and have HOPE that MAYBE next year will be different. We are all tired of mediocracy, but, we still have a choice to make. Either believe in the future of our team, or get out. Jump off the wagon and PLEASE don't jump back on if/when we do succeed.

As for me! I'm a TEXAN for life! I love the game of football and they are my chosen team. I'll still be here next year, and the year after. SURE, I want a SB as much as the next guy/gal! I'm 65 yrs old, my time might be running out, I dealt with the Oilers for 36 yrs, I AM FRIGGIN DUE a spot in the limelight, just for one glorious day on the first Sunday in Feb, just once before I go on to football heaven. When you love the game as much as most of us do, you KNOW you have to take the bad with the good. Thats just the way it is! Vent your frustrations, get pissed off, yell and scream, burn your TEXAN gear if you want. BUT, if you decide to come back, put the past behind you and let's move on.

I know there a grammatical errors, and this post is sappy, BUT, I gotta go to work and don't have time to edit!

LOVE ALL you guys/gals on TT!!

:goodpost:

You're 65! I would have never thought that, I was thinking maybe a day over thirty. :cool:

Carr Bombed
Well my uncle just called........he's not renewing his season tickets next year and he's been a season ticket holder since day one.

Neither is my brother in law who has had season tickets for 5 years.

Can't say I blame them.......if I could afford the ridiculous prices, I'd drop my tickets too.

I'm beginning to come to the realization that we have a shitty owner....and spare me the "he brought football back to Houston" spill. That only gets you so far, after a decade of football the bar needs to be raised and Bob pansy ass McNair refuses to do what it takes to really bring a winner to this city. What we have is a owner who accepts mediocrity, but this shouldn't really be a big surprise to me......he did it last year with the great "9-7/no playoffs celebration". The only way this moron is going to wake the hell up is if we start to effect his bottom line....until then we're all a bunch of suckers for buying into this crap year after year. The problem with this team is no longer the coach.....We all know what he is and even he knows he's been in over his head (you can see it in his face on Sundays), so it's time to stop blaming a guy who is just who he is. The problem with this team is Bob pansy ass McNair, he let Capers run this team into the ground and now he's going to give Kubiak another year to do the same.

But Bob pansy ass McNair can sleep good at night, because the competition which benefits from us giving them free wins every year told McNair to keep the same coach, thus ensuring we'll continue to put up the same results. :mcnugget: Really Bob, REALLY!?!.......you are a complete jackass and I'm beginning to seriously question if you have what it takes to EVER bring a contender to this city.

texanchris
12-16-2010, 06:50 PM
:smiliepalm: Mcnair believes in Kubiak who believes in Frank Bush who believes in David Gibbs who believes in our secondary that tends to fall down a lot and just flat out suck.

Texecutioner
12-16-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm not interested in watching anymore of this. I'm out for the remainder of this incarnation of the Texans. Better things to do than watch them find new records in futility to set.

Eh, I've pretty much been done as far as having any real emotions for the Texans since mid season last year. Kubiak should have been fired in season 3 in my opinion. I couldn't believe he wasn't fired last season, and now that he'll be here next year pretty much, well Bob can take his team and do whatever the hell he wants at this point and it really wouldn't bother me. I sit back and wonder how bad it must feel to be a fan of a franchise like the Bengals where you know the owner is going to ruin his team every time they get a small amount of success. How sorry I feel for those fans. Well it's clear that the Texans have the same type of owner, but just in different ways.

Mcnair is digging his own grave here and alienating his own fans with this. He's cheap, and I don't care what anyone says. I believe that based off of his moves and his actions or lack there of. He's a country club type of owner where Reliant is just his amusement park. He's not an NFL owner where winning is a bonafied commitment to him. I could care less what happens with this team until Kubiak and Rick Smith are out of here. I won't root for them because it's a waste of time, and even if they ever did make the post season with Kubes, they'll still fail because this is not a competent HC or GM that builds a team two ways.

ThaShark316
12-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I think the man just doesn't want to be one of those owners that fires coaches every 2 years. Problem with that is, well, you might be barking up that mediocrity tree if you hold on for too long.

That's where we are now...average at best. That said, I'm not going to quit on 'em. I can't. But we can't say "we're close" though. That's talk for 2003 or 2006, not 2010.

get a new dc and don't let Kubiak have anything to do with the hire.

PapaL
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Bob says that him and Kubiak want to win more than anybody else?

I beg to differ Bob. Clearly from our history, the opposing coach and owner want to win more. Which one you may be asking? Pick one. Anyone. But I'd probably start in AFC South where we've been the doormat since...Day 1.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 07:16 PM
The more I hear Bob talk, the more I wonder if he's TK's grandpappy.

How in the HELL did Kubiak garner THIS much loyalty? The Texans
are at the top of almost every stat except WINS, which is the one stat
football fans want their team to lead the league in.

Rex Ryan gets that. Why doesn't Kubiak and Mcnair?

The stadium was closed on Monday Night Football, BECAUSE of the low
attendance. It's only gonna get worse if Kubiak is back, AGAIN.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I love how fans are gonna not got o the games and not renew their season tickets and quit watching and yada yada yada.... Yet come August, that fever will set in and yall will be right back here loving the wins and bitchin about the loses. It tickles me a bit. Go on and give them tickets up cause there is about 20,000 other folks who are waiting to snag them up just to experience the football atmosphere....

I know I will be....

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:23 PM
The more I hear Bob talk, the more I wonder if he's TK's grandpappy.

How in the HELL did Kubiak garner THIS much loyalty? The Texans
are at the top of almost every stat except WINS, which is the one stat
football fans want their team to lead the league in.

Rex Ryan gets that. Why doesn't Kubiak and Mcnair?

The stadium was closed on Monday Night Football, BECAUSE of the low
attendance. It's only gonna get worse if Kubiak is back, AGAIN.

Low attendance? I was in 344 and every seat as far as I could see had a butt in it. Attendance had nothing to do with the roof being closed and attendance will be just as strong next year as it was this year...

HoustonFrog
12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Paul Kahursky article about Bob Mcnair. So dissapointed right now that Mcnair will probably keep Kubiak. He says that him and Kubiak want to win more than anybody else does but that does not mean Kubiak is the best person for the job. Maybe next decade we will make the playoffs....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/19340/i-dont-follow-mcnairs-logic-do-you

Awesome. Even the local shows across the board were in shock over his statements. The guy is clueless and pretty much just doesn't get it. Seriously, the only way he sees the writing is if people stop going to the games that end the season and if people make a concerted effort to voice their displeasure to the organization.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Low attendance? I was in 344 and every seat as far as I could see had a butt in it. Attendance had nothing to do with the roof being closed and attendance will be just as strong next year as it was this year...

LOL, that stadium was not full.

houstonhurricane
12-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a bit of a different take beyond just Kubiak - if they don't have a CBA agreement by the time my ticket payment is due, I am not renewing. I don't care if they intend to refund me if the season is entirely or partially lost, that is my litmus...

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL, that stadium was not full.

71,113 is pretty damn close...

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I love how fans are gonna not got o the games and not renew their season tickets and quit watching and yada yada yada.... Yet come August, that fever will set in and yall will be right back here loving the wins and bitchin about the loses. It tickles me a bit. Go on and give them tickets up cause there is about 20,000 other folks who are waiting to snag them up just to experience the football atmosphere....

I know I will be....

First of all......it doesn't matter that there is a waiting list "NOW". If things continue as is, there won't be a waiting list in the future.....then what?

Second, what is this "football atmosphere" that you speak of. I can get that same "experience" by paying the homeless guy on the corner $70 to kick me in the balls. Sheesh. :mcnugget: You really think Houston Texan fans are getting their money's worth.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 07:32 PM
71,113 is pretty damn close...

LOL, did you just list the number of tickets sold. :)

I've been at games where reliant set attendance records and the stadium was still visibly not full at all.

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 07:32 PM

More BS from uncle BoB

I'm affirming that you suck as an owner. Of course your competitors are going to tell you that you're doing a swell job as they kick your a** every yr.

You're as frustrated as me. LOL I'm giving you my hard earned $$$$ and your selling me a medicore product and seem to be happy as he** with the results. So I doubt you're as frustrated as me.

If you truly want to win as badly as you claim hire a proven winner and let him teach this organization how to become a winning one. and yes I know it costs more $$$$ to hire a proven winner. But if you (Uncle BoB) want to win as badly as you say you do. Then reinvest some of the 500 mil that you have swindled off the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS. If you were half as committed to winning as this fan base is to your team. You wouldn't have a problem ponying up the $$$$.

But oh well everything is just hunky dory in Uncle BoB land.

Carnival Barker. IMHO

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Awesome. Even the local shows across the board were in shock over his statements. The guy is clueless and pretty much just doesn't get it. Seriously, the only way he sees the writing is if people stop going to the games that end the season and if people make a concerted effort to voice their displeasure to the organization.

What's in the bold won't happen. Football fans remember what it was like to not have football in this town. I would venture to guess that for every 5 fans that don't go, there is 10 that can't wait and Mcnair knows this and knows he is not in any real jeopardy as far as season tickets sales and attendance to make such a needed move.

It's not like Jerry up I45 that just spent a billion on a new stadium. Not saying he is hurting in attendance but a losing Cowboys team doesn't justify a billion dollar stadium so he wants to win now...

that's why I think Cowher or Gruden will end up in Dallas...

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:39 PM
First of all......it doesn't matter that there is a waiting list "NOW". If things continue as is, there won't be a waiting list in the future.....then what?

Second, what is this "football atmosphere" that you speak of. I can get that same "experience" by paying the homeless guy on the corner $70 to kick me in the balls. Sheesh. :mcnugget: You really think Houston Texan fans are getting their money's worth.

Did I type those words? Not every Texan fan is a die hard like the one's on this board, some are blow hards though.... Some fans just want to go for the experience, to say they had season tickets and went to the Texans, bad or not. Some buy tickets becasue it is the place to be on Sundays...

like I said, for every 5 people that give their tickets up, 10 will be waiting to buy them and McNair knows this and is not in any hurry to make any needed moves at the HC spot.

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 07:44 PM
I call for a boycott by all season ticket holders of the Jacksonville game.

Maybe then Uncle BoB will get the message.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
What's in the bold won't happen. Football fans remember what it was like to not have football in this town. I would venture to guess that for every 5 fans that don't go, there is 10 that can't wait and Mcnair knows this and knows he is not in any real jeopardy as far as season tickets sales and attendance to make such a needed move.

It's not like Jerry up I45 that just spent a billion on a new stadium. Not saying he is hurting in attendance but a losing Cowboys team doesn't justify a billion dollar stadium so he wants to win now...

that's why I think Cowher or Gruden will end up in Dallas...

The great "Football fans are too scared to lose another team" argument.

Sorry, that doesn't fly in today's economy. If this team brings back Kubiak next year, there will be people canceling their season tickets and if they fall flat on their face again with Kubiak next year, there will be a shitload of people canceling their season tickets. I've slowly watched as almost all of the original season ticket holders disappeared out of my uncle's section.....and now he's (4 seats) gone too. I'm sure somebody will buy them up, but what happens when they're gone?

Houston is a notorious fair weather sports town, the Texans have been exempt from that rule, because of what you said above (they missed football), but now they've had a decade of losing heartbreaking games....and just like with the Oilers, alot of fans are getting tired of watching the Texans pull off the same act. This is also without bringing up the fact that alot of people can no longer afford tickets today. I think you're seriously overselling your argument. This city is fed up with this team......moreso this year than they were with Capers.

.....And Jay Glazer just listed the Houston Texans as the best job available if it comes open. Too bad that isn't going to happen with Uncle Bob at the helm.

djohn2oo8
12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gary-Kubiak-should-not-be-the-coach-of-the-Houston-Texans-in-2011/177622172267172?v=photos&ref=ts#!/pages/Gary-Kubiak-should-not-be-the-coach-of-the-Houston-Texans-in-2011/177622172267172?v=wall

mad, and bored so there ya go

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:47 PM

nice thought but it won't happen. Why the hell pay all that money just to sit at home and make a "statement?" You want to throw away money, just send to me and my PBNB foundation. that would be the Poor Boy Needs Beer foundation....

NitroGSXR
12-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Respectfully decline. I'll be cheering my team on. It's the stinking Jaguars!!!

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Did I type those words? Not every Texan fan is a die hard like the one's on this board, some are blow hards though.... Some fans just want to go for the experience, to say they had season tickets and went to the Texans, bad or not. Some buy tickets because it is the place to be on Sundays...

like I said, for every 5 people that give their tickets up, 10 will be waiting to buy them and McNair knows this and is not in any hurry to make any needed moves at the HC spot.

:rolleyes: We're not talking about club boxes here... 80-90% of your season ticket holders are emotionally invested in this team...just like your "blow hards" here. I talk to them when I'm at the games, I know the frustration that goes on inside that stadium (the house of horrors) and in no way is it a good "football atmosphere".

You seriously work for the Texan's PR department don't you.......and I don't mean that as a joke. I'm seriously starting to think that in some form or fashion you work for the Texans PR department. No rational fan would pull the "football atmosphere" card. People want wins, losing games and inventing new ways to lose games is not a good "football atmosphere". It's actually a shitty atmosphere when you dish out the amount of greenbacks it now takes to take a small family to a game every other week. Not too mention that it isn't fun at all getting practically run out of your own stadium by opposing fans.

LOL "good football atmosphere". People wonder why fans don't get their asses in the seats before kickoff... It's not because they're bad fans, it's because all the "good atmosphere" is outside the stadium and as soon as they leave the parking lot, it's usually downhill from there.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:56 PM
The great "Football fans are too scared to lose another team" argument.

Sorry, that doesn't fly in today's economy. If this team brings back Kubiak next year, there will be people canceling their season tickets and if they fall flat on their face again with Kubiak next year, there will be a shitload of people canceling their season tickets. I've slowly watched as almost all of the original season ticket holders disappeared out of my uncle's section.....and now he's (4 seats) gone too. I'm sure somebody will buy them up, but what happens when they're gone?

Houston is a notorious fair weather sports town, the Texans have been exempt from that rule, because of what you said above (they missed football), but now they've had a decade of losing heartbreaking games....and just like with the Oilers, alot of fans are getting tired of watching the Texans pull off the same act. This is also without bringing up the fact that alot of people can no longer afford tickets today. I think you're seriously overselling your argument. This city is fed up with this team......moreso this year than they were with Capers.

.....And Jay Glazer just listed the Houston Texans as the best job available if it comes open. Too bad that isn't going to happen with Uncle Bob at the helm.

You act like there is thousands of fans dropping tickets becasue of Kubiak and sorry, it isn't be happen. I think you are seriously underselling fans and there wanting to just be at a game. You do realize how long it took for fans to get tired of the Oilers right? Fans here are little more patient than you give them credit for....

Dishman
12-16-2010, 08:01 PM
The "football atmosphere" at Reliant on Monday night included a whole lot of booing the home team for their poor-ass showing.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
You act like there is thousands of fans dropping tickets becasue of Kubiak and sorry, it isn't be happen. I think you are seriously underselling fans and there wanting to just be at a game. You do realize how long it took for fans to get tired of the Oilers right? Fans here are little more patient than you give them credit for....

PR department dude, I'm telling you. :)

wildroot
12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

Looks to me like he had an opportunity to put the question of Kubiak's future to rest and he side-stepped it.

Surreal McCoy
12-16-2010, 08:04 PM
You act like there is thousands of fans dropping tickets becasue of Kubiak and sorry, it isn't be happen.

No, it's their wish. They'll also be hoping the Texans lose out from here "for the best interests of the team" of course.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Didn't you hear the fans at Reliant booing the Texans off the field?

Didn't you see the bullpen chanting for Bill Cowher?

Who does that if there is widespread faith in this coaching regime?

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:05 PM
The "football atmosphere" at Reliant on Monday night included a whole lot of booing the home team for their poor-ass showing.

Wasn't it ENTERTAINING THOUGH!!!

Best MFing show on Earth! Money well spent and everybody had a great time right? I mean don't you like being able to tell people that you were at the game.....that's all that matters right? Just being there is well worth the price of admission.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:09 PM
No, it's their wish. They'll also be hoping the Texans lose out from here "for the best interests of the team" of course.

So now it's "MY WISH" for the texans to lose thousands of season ticket holders.

:kubepalm: Jesus Christ.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 08:10 PM
So now it's "MY WISH" for the texans to lose thousands of season ticket holders.

:kubepalm: Jesus Christ.

I know. The pro-Kubers are as rational as Kubiak was for throwing the challenge
flag Monday night.

NitroGSXR
12-16-2010, 08:13 PM

Honest to gosh, I heard no booing or chants for Cowher. Not a one!

:tinfoil:

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
:rolleyes: We're not talking about club boxes here... 80-90% of your season ticket holders are emotionally invested in this team...just like your "blow hards" here. I talk to them when I'm at the games, I know the frustration that goes on inside that stadium (the house of horrors) and in no way is it a good "football atmosphere".

You seriously work for the Texan's PR department don't you.......and I don't mean that as a joke. I'm seriously starting to think that in some form or fashion you work for the Texans PR department. No rational fan would pull the "football atmosphere" card. People want wins, losing games and inventing new ways to lose games is not a good "football atmosphere". It's actually a shitty atmosphere when you dish out the amount of greenbacks it now takes to take a small family to a game every other week. Not too mention that it isn't fun at all getting practically run out of your own stadium by opposing fans.

LOL "good football atmosphere". People wonder why fans don't get their asses in the seats before kickoff... It's not because they're bad fans, it's because all the "good atmosphere" is outside the stadium and as soon as they leave the parking lot, it's usually downhill from there.

Who the hell said it was a good football atmosphere? Nobody said it was good and no I don't work for the Texans PR and don't have to to know how the game works. How is it for what 8 years the Texans have not been good and for 8 years, tickets are still being sold out? There are fans out there who would like to just experience football with their sons or daughters and judging by the way you are responding, you far too young to understand that concept.

hide and watch, the tickets will get sold, there will be butts in the seats all while Kubiak is still the coach...

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:18 PM

LMAO. You are great Honda, fantastic sense of humor. :)

JB
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Respectfully decline. I'll be cheering my team on. It's the stinking Jaguars!!!

Damn right!

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM

Heard it, hell I was one of them booing my ass off from section 344. Nobody said there was faith in this coaching regime, I have totally lost faith in Kubiak and I grew up in College Station watching him play for A&M, followed him when he was drafted to Denver and went to school with his cousin, but fact still remains, not matter if Kubiak coaches next year or the next 2, fans will still come to the game becasue they like football in general and McNair knows this....

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Who the hell said it was a good football atmosphere? Nobody said it was good and no I don't work for the Texans PR and don't have to to know how the game works. How is it for what 8 years the Texans have not been good and for 8 years, tickets are still being sold out? There are fans out there who would like to just experience football with their sons or daughters and judging by the way you are responding, you far too young to understand that concept.

hide and watch, the tickets will get sold, there will be butts in the seats all while Kubiak is still the coach...

You're trying to sell the football atmosphere as something positive....sorry if good and positive don't go together for you.

Do you want me to go back and replace good with positive? I'll do it if you want me to.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
PR department dude, I'm telling you. :)

keep telling yourself that, I just know how the business works...

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
keep telling yourself that, I just know how the business works...

Yeah, probably as good as Bob McNair, which isn't saying much.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
You're trying to sell the football atmosphere as something positive....sorry if good and positive don't go together for you.

Do you want me to go back and replace good with positive? I'll do it if you want me to.

For some fathers who would like to spend 3 hrs with their son or daughters on a Sunday afternoon watching a professional football game, it doesn't matter if they win, lose or tie, I'd say that is positive in a different light...

but like I said, doubt you could understand that....

Lucky
12-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Well, there it is.

I give up.
I'm discouraged. I'm not sure how I will react, if this is true. But, it's not over until the fat lady sings. I'll wait until this plays out.

You've got to be kidding. Wait until the ticket agencies start dumping their tickets. The Texans will offer season tickets without the PSLs. They already offered the single next to me (sans PSL) for 3 years running. There's no way the Texans can market another year with Kubiak. When his marketing geniuses tell McNair that, Kubes will be gone.

At least we should all know where to set expectations for next season. Does 7-9 - 9-7 sound like a good range?
I think the players will quit on Kubiak next year. Start looking towards free agency. Another year of losing, and AJ asks for a trade. He might ask this offseason.
Exactly. Though if Kubiak does come back, I don't want him making those decisions.
:smiliepalm: Mcnair believes in Kubiak who believes in Frank Bush who believes in David Gibbs who believes in our secondary that tends to fall down a lot and just flat out suck.
Great post.
I guess a handful of disingenuous comments from corporate fat cats means more to McNair that the voice of the people that put $$$ in his pocket. That has to change.

If Kubiak comes back, I'll be convinced that McNair is the least knowledgeable owner in Houston sports history. Bud Adams was an a$$. But he wouldn't put up with this crap.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, probably as good as Bob McNair, which isn't saying much.

and yet your uncle paid for tickets year after year right? After how many bad seasons? I'd say he knows the business better than you think.

Now knowing football, that is a different story...

JB
12-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I know. The pro-Kubers are as rational as Kubiak was for throwing the challenge
flag Monday night.

Please do not lump me in the same group as that Surreal McCoy fool!

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:28 PM
For some fathers who would like to spend 3 hrs with their son or daughters on a Sunday afternoon watching a professional football game, it doesn't matter if they win, lose or tie, I'd say that is positive in a different light...

but like I said, doubt you could understand that....

Fathers and Sons can find many other (and MUCH more affordable and entertaining) things to do on a Sunday afternoon. I'm sure Sons and fathers were bonding plenty in this city without the Texans.

I beginning to wonder how many more stones you can overturn in your quest to uncover every possible excuse for this franchise.

Carr Bombed
12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
and yet your uncle paid for tickets year after year right? After how many bad seasons? I'd say he knows the business better than you think.

Now knowing football, that is a different story...

LOL WTH are you rambling on about now? :)

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Umm Fathers and Sons can find many other (and MUCH more affordable and entertaining) things to do on a Sunday afternoon. I'm sure Sons and fathers were bonding plenty in this city without the Texans.

I beginning to wonder how many more stones you can overturn in your quest to uncover every possible excuse for this franchise.

Are even paying attention, who is making excuses? Why do continue to pull words out of thin air? Nobody said it was a good football atmosphere, nobody is making excuses. this football team sucks but there are those fans out there, waiting for PSLs that do not care, they just want to be apart of what's going on in Reliant Stadium every Sunday. Weather you can believe that or not. I simply said that you can talk about a boycott all you want, ticket sales are not going to decline becasue there are plenty of folks out there that would be happy to take them off those who are unhappy's hands...

Lucky
12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Fathers and Sons can find many other (and MUCH more affordable and entertaining) things to do...
Most fathers and sons I know would prefer winning to losing, too.

BetaV1
12-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Man, the posts in this thread are painful to read. It's called coach speak guys, and it's not just limited to coaches.

Will Kubes go? Maybe. Maybe not. But I think many of guys are reading far too much between the lines here.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 08:38 PM
LOL WTH are you rambling on about now? :)

Well my uncle just called........he's not renewing his season tickets next year and he's been a season ticket holder since day one.

Neither is my brother in law who has had season tickets for 5 years.

You said Bob McNair doesn't know the business, yet your uncle and your brother have been or had been buying a bad product for years. McNair knew they would be back year after year, just like the other 70,000+ that bought tickets, so he has no urgency to put a productive product on the field and make the necessary changes where they need to be made....

Like I said, Mcnair knows the business better than you think and he is sucking 70k+ fans in year after year.... So boycott all you like, McNair knows there are others waiting in line...

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Damn right!

Well I'll be selling my 4 tickets

If BN4L is right it shouldn't be a problem.

drs23
12-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Heard it, hell I was one of them booing my ass off from section 344. Nobody said there was faith in this coaching regime, I have totally lost faith in Kubiak and I grew up in College Station watching him play for A&M, followed him when he was drafted to Denver and went to school with his cousin, but fact still remains, not matter if Kubiak coaches next year or the next 2, fans will still come to the game becasue they like football in general and McNair knows this....

Fool. What were you even doing there? Weren't you supposed to be in Living Room 77429? :sarcasm: kinda :D

Silver Oak
12-16-2010, 08:57 PM
hard to believe, but this thread is actually a better read than the "Texans Jerseys For Sale" thread. :popcorn:

devo-x
12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I think people are reading too much into this

Why would McNair publicly not support Kubiak? He'll probably allow him to quietly move to Denver next year

BetaV1
12-16-2010, 09:15 PM
I think people are reading too much into this

Why would McNair publicly not support Kubiak? He'll probably allow him to quietly move to Denver next year

That's what I'm thinking. People need to stop making this place look like it's being run by Stan Van Gundy. Unless someone can show me a link, clip, blip, something from an owner who publicly stated "I'm going to fire [insert position] [insert name] sometime later this week," then I'll drink the kool-aid that many of the doom and gloomers are chugging away on.

drs23
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
hard to believe, but this thread is actually a better read than the "Texans Jerseys For Sale" thread. :popcorn:

Ya think? I dunno, that one was a good one. :D

Yankee_In_TX
12-16-2010, 09:23 PM

Every year folks threaten, every year the Texans don't have many PSL's for sale.

JB
12-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Every year folks threaten, every year the Texans don't have many PSL's for sale.

Kinda what I figured. I keep looking for some at value, they are not to be found.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Fool. What were you even doing there? Weren't you supposed to be in Living Room 77429? :sarcasm: kinda :D

Got a free ticket! Tell you what would love to have that section for season tickets. Got to see AJs TD and Jacoby's 2pt conversion up close.

a man could get use to that kinda livin....

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Kinda what I figured. I keep looking for some at value, they are not to be found.

and that is my point. McNair is in no hurry to make any changes so long as the tickets are being sold. He is not worried about how many butts are in the seats come game time, just as long as that missing butt bought a ticket....

Hervoyel
12-16-2010, 09:36 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/1292552240467.jpg

drs23
12-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Got a free ticket! Tell you what would love to have that section for season tickets. Got to see AJs TD and Jacoby's 2pt conversion up close.

a man could get use to that kinda livin....

Yeah, I know. Had the pleasure of mingling with the Blue Crew for the NO PS game and the season opener. Had great times. I LOVE the experience.

Now, fire somebody, anybody! :pirate:

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 09:46 PM
and that is my point. McNair is in no hurry to make any changes so long as the tickets are being sold. He is not worried about how many butts are in the seats come game time, just as long as that missing butt bought a ticket....

Wrong,

He wants people in those seats buying alcohol,food,merchandise and all of the other crap that the organization tries to get the sheeple to spend their $$$$ on

Golf,bowling with OkOye etc...

This is where Uncle BoB really lines his pockets. Along with the PSL's and of course the billion $$$ contract.

I can see nobody thinks a boycott is a good idea. So status quo must be acceptable to them.

Texan_Bill
12-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm too slow

Yes.... Yes you are!! :lol:

PS where is the Venison?? :pissed:

Corrosion
12-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes.... Yes you are!! :lol:

PS where is the Venison?? :pissed:

In my freezer

Texan_Bill
12-16-2010, 09:49 PM

This is FACT!!

JB
12-16-2010, 09:59 PM

What all the angry fans don't realize is that as long as there are passionate fans, either for or against, McNair & the Texans are winners. They will only start losing when the fans become apathetic.

Dishman
12-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Wasn't it ENTERTAINING THOUGH!!!

Best MFing show on Earth! Money well spent and everybody had a great time right? I mean don't you like being able to tell people that you were at the game.....that's all that matters right? Just being there is well worth the price of admission.

What I enjoy most are the opposing teams fans that are cheering and bragging about their team as they leave Reliant down the ramp-way. That while us Texans fans get to do the mile-long walk of shame to our cars.

Thorn
12-16-2010, 10:04 PM
What all the angry fans don't realize is that as long as there are passionate fans, either for or against, McNair & the Texans are winners. They will only start losing when the fans become apathetic.

Despite all the hue and cry, we got a long ways to go before Texan fans go the way of the old Dud Adams Oiler fans of the early 90s.

JB
12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Despite all the hue and cry, we got a long ways to go before Texan fans go the way of the old Dud Adams Oiler fans of the early 90s.

Yes! That was my point. A lot of these damn young whippersnappers just realize the depths of depravity and despair a Houston fan can endure before they pack it in.

I remember the days of blackouts.

And then the joy of sold out stadiums and playoffs and national respect.

And then the days of blackouts.

Rinse and repeat.

Right up 'till the days when you could walk up to the ticket window 10 min. before kickoff and buy a ticket for the 40 yd line...

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 10:13 PM

How much longer?

Duds teams never went 9 straight yrs without getting to the playoffs.

Thorn
12-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes! That was my point. A lot of these damn young whippersnappers just realize the depths of depravity and despair a Houston fan can endure before they pack it in.

Rinse and repeat.

Right up 'till the days when you could walk up to the ticket window 10 min. before kickoff and buy a ticket for the 40 yd line...

Ah yes.......such horrible memorys. Thanks JB! :lol:

JB
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Ah yes.......such horrible memorys. Thanks JB! :lol:

:tiphat:

From one old curmudgeon to another!
:barman:

Thorn
12-16-2010, 10:16 PM
How much longer?

Duds teams never went 9 straight yrs without getting to the playoffs.

Playoff Appearences: (14)
1960, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993

But what difference does it make anyway?

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Rinse and repeat.

Memories

Sonner or later I've got a feeling it will turn out this way for McNair too.

I guess it's too much to ask for an owner of a football team in Houston to put his team in the SB.

TexanBacker93
12-16-2010, 10:19 PM

You guy's need to look at the positives , no they may not be in the WL column but I agree with McNair , this team is real close to being real good for an extended stretch.
They do everything well accept stop the pass (and win) , once they solve that they will fulfill those expectations.

I think the main issue most people might have (well, at least I do) with that line of thinking is every year for 4 years we have had just two little things to shore up and we begin to fulfill the expectations. If it's not run defense or turnovers, it's the running game or keeping Schaub healthy. Poor clock management and poor management of time outs has been a killer every year. What about failing to pull the game out in crunch time? That's a continuing theme. For each of the past 4 years we have had a few games that we were one play away from winning the game.

To keep status quo is saying that moral victories are fine. To decide against making a change is declaring that we are fine being mediocre. I'm still a fan and I will continue to support the team. I won't give up my PSLs because I spent a lot on them and don't want to lose them. I just want to see this team achieve something special. I want to feel what fans of the Steelers felt in the 70s, fans of the 49ers felt in the 80s, and fans of the Cowboys felt in the 90s. I don't see this team with this leadership getting us to that level. Yeah, we might be close. We've been saying that for 4 years now. It's time to prove it.

Dishman
12-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Someone has stepped up their game: http://www.firegarykubiak.com/

JB
12-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Playoff Appearences: (14)
1960, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993

But what difference does it make anyway?

Not a damn bit! I want it NOW!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4)

FirstTexansFan
12-16-2010, 10:23 PM

JB, I've found our new forums... they have a Football Talk area :)

BSofA04
12-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Perhaps Kubiak is the one who needs a fresh start.

JB
12-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Anyone afraid to put their name on a site is nothing more than a troll

JB, I've found our new forums... they have a Football Talk area :)

Yeah, we got one here too. :rolleyes:

axman40
12-16-2010, 10:31 PM

:tinfoil:
No close caption at the game.

NitroGSXR
12-16-2010, 11:13 PM
No close caption at the game.
Actually, it's captioned (and I am immensely grateful that it is). They just don't caption crowd noise.

JB
12-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Actually, it's captioned (and I am immensely grateful that it is). They just don't caption crowd noise.

Damn friend, I am tempted to show you what you are missing...

but I won't.

nhn... comes pretty close though...

cj5776
12-16-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't think we can assume Kubes is staying just because McNair said we are close. I believe he is being nice and does not want to be totally honest.

Dishman
12-16-2010, 11:57 PM

Yeah, we got one here too. :rolleyes:

You'll have to take that up with te site owner I suppose.

gary
12-17-2010, 12:02 AM
I do not think Bob is the type to pubicly trash anyone so I'll wait this thing out.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I do not think Bob is the type to pubicly trash anyone so I'll wait this thing out.

He said something similar to the press earlier this season and I was thinking the same thing then. I'm not thinking that this time.

Showing up to practice dressed like a coach and having the players circle around him is a different thing altogether. Then he says "we're on the right track" with a face full of cameras and microphones.

This was his "win one for the Gipper" speech. This was about showing solidarity. I think this is his way of responding to all the Cowher talk that came up this week.

I guess it's up to us as fans to show him if we agree or not.

BTW, there's a Vince Lombardi documentary about to come on HBO in about 10 minutes. I wonder if Bob McNair's seen it yet.

Lucky
12-17-2010, 12:27 AM
BTW, there's a Vince Lombardi documentary about to come on HBO in about 10 minutes. I wonder if Bob McNair's seen it yet.
A must see if you love football.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 12:38 AM
A must see if you love football.

"Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing."

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

I doubt Bob McNair is a Lombardi fan.

TexansFight
12-17-2010, 01:01 AM
I feel bad admitting this but I am starting to wish that Bob McNair somehow becomes incapacitated allowing his son Cal to take his place. I mean he couldn't be worse could he????

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 02:29 AM
I think the main issue most people might have (well, at least I do) with that line of thinking is every year for 4 years we have had just two little things to shore up and we begin to fulfill the expectations. If it's not run defense or turnovers, it's the running game or keeping Schaub healthy. Poor clock management and poor management of time outs has been a killer every year. What about failing to pull the game out in crunch time? That's a continuing theme. For each of the past 4 years we have had a few games that we were one play away from winning the game.

To keep status quo is saying that moral victories are fine. To decide against making a change is declaring that we are fine being mediocre. I'm still a fan and I will continue to support the team. I won't give up my PSLs because I spent a lot on them and don't want to lose them. I just want to see this team achieve something special. I want to feel what fans of the Steelers felt in the 70s, fans of the 49ers felt in the 80s, and fans of the Cowboys felt in the 90s. I don't see this team with this leadership getting us to that level. Yeah, we might be close. We've been saying that for 4 years now. It's time to prove it.

Where are your seats? How much did you spend on them, and how long ago did you procure them?

I'm in 324, which are great seats, but, I don't think I'lll be able to get back my full PSl fee.

I'm curious about how much you've spent on this brand?

Hookem Horns
12-17-2010, 03:02 AM

LOL, not sure I agree with that. How many people here know my real name?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm going to totally embarrass myself...nothing new...because this letter is so over the top and full of venom but I wrote it up and sent it. Alot of it was how I felt and what I was seeing here. Many may be like "why would a Cowboy fan who is barely here care so much?" Because it is frustrating to live somewhere and want to support local teams also and feel complete apathy because of how they are run...anyways...this will get nothing accomplished really but I like the exercise of writing it out.

Dear Mr. McNair,

I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. I just read the quotes from your talk to the team and I'm floored that you are still acting like the team is so close to being a great team. One part stood out to me. You said:

"I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to
say about our team, because it had never happened before like this," McNair
said. "They were all, frankly, pulling for us after the way we came back... They
just said it was just one of the most impressive comebacks they had ever seen.
What was interesting was they didn't talk about the overtime. They didn't talk
about the interception. All they could talk about was the comeback. They could
just not believe it."

That quote right there is a losers mentality. It's embarrassing. You guys run a franchise with a losers mentality. You might as well be the Houston Lions. Who cares how great a comeback that was or how impressive it was when the reality is you had to comeback because the team came out, AGAIN, unprepared. The reality is that no one counts comebacks that result in losses. The coach didn't have them ready to play. Being down by double digits has happened in 9 of the 13 games. That is coaching.

What I don't get is that you are this Billionaire businessman yet you won't learn from simple lessons. David Carr was a mess. All of the fans knew it, the media knew it and some players knew it. You gave him an extension and he was gone in a year. Now you are doing the same thing with Kubiak, despite proving every year that he is incapable of being a top head coach. For the last 3 years he has blown timeouts, blown challenges that wasted timeouts and had the team ill-prepared for stretches at a time. Every coach tenured from the year Kubiak was hired has made the playoffs. Multiple coaches that were hired in years after his hiring have made the playoffs. It is a joke.

What is blinding you?Is it the nice guy thing that had you with Carr? Seriously, he hired the defensive coordinator that is horrible. He brought in the players that aren't getting it done. The other owners are telling you great job because they are laughing and know that you will be no better than 8-8 again next year with Kubiak around. It is one less playoff spot they have to worry about. What else are they going to tell you? The guy makes the same mistakes over and over and year after year and you just sit there and blame it on other things. He is the one constant that isn't getting it done and never will get it done.

Do me a favor Mr. McNair. Go to the Texans message board, Texans Talk. Read the threads. Read the fans. People are over it. They are over you allowing this. They don't want this anymore. They think you don't care and just are happy to make money off them. Set aside a few hours and read. You are losing your fans in a massive way by keeping Kubiak. (Now as an aside I don't know who is truly over it, etc but I was on a roll and peeved. I'm also sure he doesn't have 3 hours of his day to surf this site...but it was for effect :))

Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This team has pulled this act for 4 years straight now. The same modus operandi. The same way to lose games. The same unpreparedness. Yet because of some failed comebacks and because of a few late wins against teams that have laid down you allow the insanity to continue.

Please stop the joke. You are 3 games from losing A LOT of fans next year unless Gary is gone. Go get a winner.

Sincerely

BullNation4Life
12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Wrong,

He wants people in those seats buying alcohol,food,merchandise and all of the other crap that the organization tries to get the sheeple to spend their $$$$ on

Golf,bowling with OkOye etc...

This is where Uncle BoB really lines his pockets. Along with the PSL's and of course the billion $$$ contract.

I can see nobody thinks a boycott is a good idea. So status quo must be acceptable to them.

Who said it wasn't a good idea, a boycott would be a great idea to get your message across. It would suck for fans like me that watch from home, cause then the games would be blacked out but it may send a message.

I just know it won't happen...

Ghostform
12-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Maybe everyone should chip in for that billboard idea this time around...

Marcus
12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
The Texans are entertainment and NFL football left my world once and I was surprised to find that I didn't miss a beat. The sun came up and the sky stayed blue. Die hard, Fan for Life, Ultimate Fan. None of those will ever be used to describe me. At one time I would have claimed otherwise but not since 1996.

Yep. Same goes for me.

When the Oilers left, I actually found my Sunday afternoon football watching to be much more enjoyable. I could actually turn on a game and watch the game for how it meant to be really watched. Just watch a good football game, nothing more than that.

Now, that "we" have a football team, and since it's a Houston team, and I'm "dedicated" to be a fan, and "dedicated" to watching them, and "dedicated" to root for them, I can't turn on another NFL game and watch it how it was meant to be watched. Just to enjoy the game for what it is. Instead, I'm foreced to sit there and watch it with a sour taste in my mouth, wondering wy "my" team can't play like them.

That sucks. I hope that all of you who desparately wanted NFL football to return to Houston are happier now than when we didn't have a team. But I don't really think that's the case.

Like they say . . . be careful what you wish for.

Thorn
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Yep. Same goes for me.

When the Oilers left, I actually found my Sunday afternoon football watching to be much more enjoyable. I could actually turn on a game and watch the game for how it meant to be really watched. Just watch a good football game, nothing more than that.

Now, that "we" have a football team, and since it's a Houston team, and I'm "dedicated" to be a fan, and "dedicated" to watching them, and "dedicated" to root for them, I can't turn on another NFL game and watch it how it was meant to be watched. Just to enjoy the game for what it is. Instead, I'm foreced to sit there and watch it with a sour taste in my mouth, wondering wy "my" team can't play like them.

That sucks. I hope that all of you who desparately wanted NFL football to return to Houston are happier now than when we didn't have a team. But I don't really think that's the case.

Interesting, that's fairly close to how I feel. When the Oilers left town, I would just pick and chose what games I watched just for the pleasure of watching a football game. And I didn't feel tied to my seat either. Hell, I even missed a few Super Bowls because I just didn't want to watch the teams in it.

Now, like you said, it's all different (again). I watch the NFL in how it relates to the Texans, which means it's sometimes difficult to watch.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2010, 10:47 AM
From Justice blog...response by a Jeff...love it

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/bob_mcnairs_rec.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fsportsjust ice+%28SportsJustice%29

bob just isn't very smart. This whole exchange reminds me of the poker scene in the movie stripes, where John Candy's character fleeces the moronic "cruiser".

Here is the scene if you do not remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZNh0P9K38

After fleecing the *****, Candy says "you are getting real good at this". Judging by McNair's comments, if he were the cruiser, he would have told everybody on the base how good his poker game was becoming.

From now own, McNair is "the Cruiser" to me.

I am really depressed about the future of this franchise

HOU-TEX
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/bob_mcnairs_rec.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fsportsjust ice+%28SportsJustice%29

:lol: Love that movie. Watch it a few times a year.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM

Perfect analogy.

Bob just wants to be one of the Boys. And the Boys don't want him to change a thing.

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Man, the posts in this thread are painful to read. It's called coach speak guys, and it's not just limited to coaches.

Will Kubes go? Maybe. Maybe not. But I think many of guys are reading far too much between the lines here.

I was wondering last night - as NFLN's Jason La Canfora emphatically stated again that Cowher wants the Houston job and expect to see Kubiak in Denver - so I was wondering if McNair is playing a game of his own.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but let's just act like he wants to trade off Gary's contract to Denver for a second. Wouldn't he hype Kubiak? Wouldn't he be saying all the positive things publicly in order to get the Broncos to bite?

Hey, it's possible. Highly unlikely, but still possible. A man can dream, can't he?

ahhhh, the PSL. This investment is responsible for more fans refusing to make a statement because it's a financial loss. Oh how the landscape of the NFL has changed with these license agreements at publicly financed stadiums. What a bunch of dupes we are as citizens! (and fans, for that matter)

That's the thing, Houston Texans Inc. is a very successful business. From a purely financial perspective, McNair has struck gold.

And other than a desire to win - which is speculatively marginal - there is really no incentive to change the status quo when Houston football fans continue to line his pockets for a perpetual mediocre product.

Not a damn bit! I want it NOW!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4)

If not now, when? 9 years into it, and we are starting to tread into Saints territory where they went 2 decades - 20 freakin' years - of suck.

At what point do fans allow the desire to win to overcome the appreciation of existence? Is the ReliantWorld Gameday Experience® so great that acceptance of perpetual suck is the way it is?

The Groundhog Day experience is getting redundant. As we get older, we begin to realize the value of the commodity called time. It is finite for all of us, and with each passing day, it becomes even more valuable. Wasting it is throwing something precious away.

As much as we hate mediocre as fans, can you even begin to imagine how AJ feels with his career passing before his eyes each year? Yeah yeah, he's well compensated and all that jazz, but beyond that, the cat deserves something greater in his career than .500.

Yep. Same goes for me.

Now, that "we" have a football team, and since it's a Houston team, and I'm "dedicated" to be a fan, and "dedicated" to watching them, and "dedicated" to root for them, I can't turn on another NFL game and watch it how it was meant to be watched. Just to enjoy the game for what it is. Instead, I'm forced to sit there and watch it with a sour taste in my mouth, wondering why "my" team can't play like them.

That sucks. I hope that all of you who desperately wanted NFL football to return to Houston are happier now than when we didn't have a team. But I don't really think that's the case.

Nice post and I know how you feel. The mood of my Mondays during football season used to be dictated by the results of Oilers games. 35-3 eventually broke me of that habit in brutal fashion, but I was still a huge fan.

Interesting thing about the Oilers. They earned my loyalty during Luv Ya Blue, as is most likely the case for many folks in Houston. Their grit and determination just seemed like a perfect identity for this city, and with heroes like Earl, Bum, Carl, Elvin, etc., that team meant so much more than just entertainment. Right or wrong, becoming an Oilers fan at a young age was forged through many great victories victories and the shared collective agony of crushing defeats.

With the Texans, they have earned nothing. They were the fortunate recipient of a large football fan base by default. Existing was enough to garner tremendous support for 9 years running, and customer 'loyalty' has been enforced by PSL investments and the memories of that barren 5 years between teams.

But they have not earned it. They have not brought glory to this city, have not unified the citizens of the city where hardcore fanatics and fair-weather casual fans are buzzing about the fortunes of the team, and it brings me to a crisis of faith and a deep questioning about the essence of loyalty.

GP
12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
1807 river oaks blvd
houston tx 77019

I'm going to mail a letter, and send it in a box.

The box will also contain every item of Texans gear I own.

The note will explain that he can keep it and send it back to me when he's serious about being a WINNER in the NFL.

I will not renew my Sunday Ticket subscription next year. Instead, I am going to re-invest that money in watching UFC PPVs. What I have noticed is that the UFC actually cares to put on a top-notch show for the people who want to spend money on it. From start, to finish, I always find myself having a blast watching the UFC shows.

Now, I have more money and can buy more PPVs than I had been able to afford due to Sunday Ticket.

I'll echo what Herv said: There are other things to do than to wait another year or two, being force-fed this baby food that McNair keeps telling us is steak and potatoes.

I'm not quitting as a Texans fan. I'm not even quitting this board. My appearances will be reduced, since there will be nothing but negative things coming from my keyboard. At least McNair is up-front right now, and not toying with any of us for the rest of the season. That's a decent thing for the guy to do for us, since he's Hell-bent on "staying on the right track."

Got family coming in town for like a bazillion days, so I won't be on the forums much. Will try to be back after Christmas.

:gotexans:

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I was wondering last night - as NFLN's Jason La Canfora emphatically stated again that Cowher wants the Houston job and expect to see Kubiak in Denver - so I was wondering if McNair is playing a game of his own.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but let's just act like he wants to trade off Gary's contract to Denver for a second. Wouldn't he hype Kubiak? Wouldn't he be saying all the positive things publicly in order to get the Broncos to bite?

Hey, it's possible. Highly unlikely, but still possible. A man can dream, can't he?

ahhhh, the PSL. This investment is responsible for more fans refusing to make a statement because it's a financial loss. Oh how the landscape of the NFL has changed with these license agreements at publicly financed stadiums. What a bunch of dupes we are as citizens! (and fans, for that matter)

That's the thing, Houston Texans Inc. is a very successful business. From a purely financial perspective, McNair has struck gold.

And other than a desire to win - which is speculatively marginal - there is really no incentive to change the status quo when Houston football fans continue to line his pockets for a perpetual mediocre product.

If not now, when? 9 years into it, and we are starting to tread into Saints territory where they went 2 decades - 20 freakin' years - of suck.

At what point do fans allow the desire to win to overcome the appreciation of existence? Is the ReliantWorld Gameday Experience® so great that acceptance of perpetual suck is the way it is?

The Groundhog Day experience is getting redundant. As we get older, we begin to realize the value of the commodity called time. It is finite for all of us, and with each passing day, it becomes even more valuable. Wasting it is throwing something precious away.

As much as we hate mediocre as fans, can you even begin to imagine how AJ feels with his career passing before his eyes each year? Yeah yeah, he's well compensated and all that jazz, but beyond that, the cat deserves something greater in his career than .500.

Nice post and I know how you feel. The mood of my Mondays during football season used to be dictated by the results of Oilers games. 35-3 eventually broke me of that habit in brutal fashion, but I was still a huge fan.

Interesting thing about the Oilers. They earned my loyalty during Luv Ya Blue, as is most likely the case for many folks in Houston. Their grit and determination just seemed like a perfect identity for this city, and with heroes like Earl, Bum, Carl, Elvin, etc., that team meant so much more than just entertainment. Right or wrong, becoming an Oilers fan at a young age was forged through many great victories victories and the shared collective agony of crushing defeats.

With the Texans, they have earned nothing. They were the fortunate recipient of a large football fan base by default. Existing was enough to garner tremendous support for 9 years running, and customer 'loyalty' has been enforced by PSL investments and the memories of that barren 5 years between teams.

But they have not earned it. They have not brought glory to this city, have not unified the citizens of the city where hardcore fanatics and fair-weather casual fans are buzzing about the fortunes of the team, and it brings me to a crisis of faith and a deep questioning about the essence of loyalty.

I have always been impressed with the loyalty of their fans. They remained passionate and stood behind their team. 9 years is chump change. My relationship with the Texans as stands...

I, NitroHonda, take you, Houston Texans, to be my team.
To have and to hold.
From this day forward. For better, for worse.
For richer, for poorer.
In sickness and in health.
To love and cherish.
'Till death do us part.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 11:31 AM

this is what those who threaten to drop thier PSL's don't understand...

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 11:39 AM

This is about where I'm at. I've been a fan of the team ever since I heard Bob McNair made the deal. But, I spent my last dollar on the ReliantWorld Gameday Experience® at the last Titans game. I'm not going back if there's any way that Houston Texans, Inc. makes any money off me. That goes for Texans gear at Academy as well. I'd rather buy a Sharper or Glenn jersey off Ebay than buy the 3 different colored jerseys I need so I can be a proper Texans fan.

I think that Bob got into the wrong business. He would make a great MLB owner. Fans don't mind if their team doesn't make a playoff run every 4 years as long as they're "on the right track." He'd be an even better Nascar owner. They're always on "the right track" unless they show up to the wrong track.

It's every NFL fan's right to bash an owner. In fact, most of them do. I don't know what makes "Mr. McNair" any different.

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I have always been impressed with the loyalty of their fans. They remained passionate and stood behind their team. 9 years is chump change. My relationship with the Texans as stands...

I, NitroHonda, take you, Houston Texans, to be my team.
To have and to hold.
From this day forward. For better, for worse.
For richer, for poorer.
In sickness and in health.
To love and cherish.
'Till death do us part.

You can take wedding vows with this entertainment company all you want, but do you never argue with your wife?

This is the point, people feel the way they do because they care about the team.

9 years is "chump change"? My son is 8 yo, and his life has not been 'chump change'. You'd be offended by that statement, but I'm not you and I don't get offended by words.

Agree to disagree, I guess. *shrugs*

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 11:44 AM

edit

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Quite simply for me, i love the game of football & i'm a homer so regardless i'm going to be rooting them on. If you fair weather fans want to jump ship just b/c you're not gonna get your way fine by me. Just don't come back when its winning time.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Quite simply for me, i love the game of football & i'm a homer so regardless i'm going to be rooting them on. If you fair weather fans want to jump ship just b/c you're not gonna get your way fine by me. Just don't come back when its winning time.

Save the "fair weather fan" take for a 610 call. The fair weather fans aren't on this message board.

I'll always be a fan. I just won't be a fan who donates money to a loser owner.

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 11:56 AM

lol! The nature of a fair-weather fan is to come back when it's wining time. The nature of a fair-weather fan is not one that would be on a forum posting despair because of perpetual mediocrity. The fair-weather fans bailed a long time ago, if they were ever around to begin with. There is no bandwagon for a losing team.

So, I take it by your statement that the only "good fans" are the ones that refuse to criticize the front office? "Good fans" accept whatever garbage results are posted without saying a word?

Good thing you don't live in Philly or other sports cities where passion ignites deep anger and resentment. Those guys would eat your logic for lunch.

I've got no problems with Sunshine Club members. However, I'm not going to read nonsense about defining fans because they do not share your blinding optimism about a losing team without commenting on it.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 11:57 AM

Fair weather? How about I send you the "Fair Weather" invoices I get at the beginning of the year from Bob McNair?

"Dear Houstonspartan, this year we (insert some lame-ass accomplishment that really isn't an accomplishment), and we are getting better every year. Oh, and by the way, we are raising your ticket prices - again. Now pay up."

Fair weather my ass.

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
You can take wedding vows with this entertainment company all you want, but do you never argue with your wife?

This is the point, people feel the way they do because they care about the team.

9 years is "chump change"? My son is 8 yo, and his life has not been 'chump change'. You'd be offended by that statement, but I'm not you and I don't get offended by words.

Agree to disagree, I guess. *shrugs*

Hey... let's not bring our kids into this... moving on AS FAR AWAY from that one as I can get.

Sure I argue but I'm most certainly not calling for a divorce. The chump change reference is in terms of other teams (including other sports) that have not made the playoffs in sports. People seem to be looking for instant gratification and throwing a temper tantrum when it doesn't come.

You and I are on the same team. Let's not turn against each other. I know we suck. You know we suck. This season hit us like a sack of potatoes. It is what it is... it's easy for me to remember that there's always next year. What was it? 62 years for the Arizona Cardinals? 102 years for MLB's Chicago Cubs? 9 years is chump change.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Save the "fair weather fan" take for a 610 call. The fair weather fans aren't on this message board.

I'll always be a fan. I just won't be a fan who donates money to a loser owner.

Not saying you, but yeah you are fair weather if you're in this thread talking about "i can't watch this crap anymore" or similar statements to it. You're basically saying you won't support the team b/c you're not getting your way.

What's more disturbing to me is that folks think that they're opinions or feelings matter more than those of us who just watch from home b/c they are PSL owners or they spend more money on average than those of us who choose to watch from home. It hurts us at home just as much to watch this team find new ways to lose & wallow in mediocrity year after year after year. We just choose to be optimistic for the next year, despite how dark it may look now. Furthermore, i know myself in that i can get all worked up now, but by the time september rolls around next year, i'm going to be starved for some football...some houston texans football..b/c there is always next year.

Don't be mad at McNair, be mad at yourselves for continously getting sucked in to dropping boat loads of your hard earned money.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Not saying you, but yeah you are fair weather if you're in this thread talking about "i can't watch this crap anymore" or similar statements to it. You're basically saying you won't support the team b/c you're not getting your way.

What's more is that folks think that they're opinions or feelings matter more than those of us who just watch from home b/c they are PSL owners or they spend more money on average than those of us who choose to watch from home. It hurts us just as much to watch this team wallow in mediocrity. We just choose to be optimistic for the next year, despite how dark it may look now.

Don't be mad at McNair, be mad at yourselves for continously getting sucked in to dropping boat loads of your hard earned money.

Hold up.

1) I never said I was a better person or fan because I have a PSL. In fact, I have always said that you can be just a strong a fan by sitting and watching at home. The ONLY TIME I bring up being a PSL owner is when someone questions my fandom. I'm tired of having my loyalties questioned, and when I do, I point out that I put my money where my mouth is. Not every one can afford tickets. I respect that. So respect the fact that I chose to spend money on this team.

2) Saying "I can't watch this crap anymore" is not being fair weather. It is being fed up. You have no idea how deeply people love this team. It's hard to see them self-destruct like this. Not to be overly dramatic, but it's almost like not wanting to watch someone you love slowly die.

Think carefully about what you're saying, and read people's comments very closely. The people who complain the loudest are often the people who love the team the most.

BigBull17
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I cheered during 2-14, I cheer when we blow leads, I'm not going to sit and watch my team refuse to do anything to fix what is broken.

Hervoyel
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I like movies. I find them entertaining. I don't go see movies that I don't think are going to be any good or that are about subjects I'm not interested in.

I like football so there's obviously some built in interest but it's entertainment, nothing more. If it's not entertaining then I don't see the point in spending money on it or making myself sit through it. I'll be back of course because I like football but I already know what this coach is going to do next year. We all knew in the back of our minds exactly what we were going to get this year too. My believing that we were capable of cranking out 10 or 11 wins was nothing but an exercise in self-delusion. I wanted it so I imagined it was possible really, really hard. As a result I was treated to a nice thick helping of reality. Not surprising at all when you think about it.

When I see somebody taking faux wedding vows to a company that exists solely to make a profit then I'm sorry Nitro but I'm laughing at you, not with you. You might as well swear your eternal loyalty to a record company or television network. Write an oath to 20th Century Fox or something because it's the same thing. They exist to entertain us. I just can't find bad football entertaining.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 12:32 PM

Being mad a McNair places the blame directly where it belongs. He's blinded by his loyalty to losers that get time in his office every week.

It was Casserly, Capers and Carr. Now it's Smith and Kubiak. Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?

We hated Bud Adams the whole time he was in Houston. The only time we shut up about it was when the Oilers were getting to the playoffs.....which is exactly how it oughtta be.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 12:34 PM
lol! The nature of a fair-weather fan is to come back when it's wining time. The nature of a fair-weather fan is not one that would be on a forum posting despair because of perpetual mediocrity. The fair-weather fans bailed a long time ago, if they were ever around to begin with. There is no bandwagon for a losing team.

So, I take it by your statement that the only "good fans" are the ones that refuse to criticize the front office? "Good fans" accept whatever garbage results are posted without saying a word?

Good thing you don't live in Philly or other sports cities where passion ignites deep anger and resentment. Those guys would eat your logic for lunch.

I've got no problems with Sunshine Club members. However, I'm not going to read nonsense about defining fans because they do not share your blinding optimism about a losing team without commenting on it.

Don't even talk about philly fans...they've called for Reid's head for years & the guy has done nothing but win there...& yet & still, they still show up which in essence proves my point.

I won't read nonsense about "sunshine club members" just b/c we've admitted that we're going to be there all-in regardless of who the coach is..

Furthermore what are you saying... you'd accept this "optimism" if a new coach was brought in here....even though you don't know exactly what said coach's results will be?

My point is every year, 32 teams come into the season with "blinding optimism". Does believing in their team regardless of the circumstances every year make them sunshine club members who are out of touch with reality & don't know anything too?

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;1611022]Don't even talk about philly fans...they've called for Reid's head for years & the guy has done nothing but win there...& yet & still, they still show up which in essence proves my point.

I won't read nonsense about "sunshine club members" just b/c we've admitted that we're going to be there all-in regardless of who the coach is..

Furthermore what are you saying... you'd accept this "optimism" if a new coach was brought in here....even though you don't know exactly what said coach's results will be?

My point is every year, 32 teams come into the season with "blinding optimism". Does believing in their team regardless of the circumstances every year make them sunshine club members who are out of touch with reality & don't know anything too?[QUOTE]

Wow. Dude, you are clueless. I thought you were having a rational debate/discussion, but that's not the case. You simply believe that fans should never, ever, ever say anything bad about their team.

You admitted that you were a homer.
Yes, you are.
Not in a good way.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Being mad a McNair places the blame directly where it belongs. He's blinded by his loyalty to losers that get time in his office every week.

It was Casserly, Capers and Carr. Now it's Smith and Kubiak. Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?

We hated Bud Adams the whole time he was in Houston. The only time we shut up about it was when the Oilers were getting to the playoffs.....which is exactly how it oughtta be.

McNair isn't making you open your check book & cut that check for those PSLs.

McNair isn't making you spend your last dollar at the texans gameday experience.

& he's certainly not putting a gun to your head & making you watch & get emotionally invested in a team thats' not very good.

Those are all your choices.

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I like movies. I find them entertaining. I don't go see movies that I don't think are going to be any good or that are about subjects I'm not interested in.

I like football so there's obviously some built in interest but it's entertainment, nothing more. If it's not entertaining then I don't see the point in spending money on it or making myself sit through it. I'll be back of course because I like football but I already know what this coach is going to do next year. We all knew in the back of our minds exactly what we were going to get this year too. My believing that we were capable of cranking out 10 or 11 wins was nothing but an exercise in self-delusion. I wanted it so I imagined it was possible really, really hard. As a result I was treated to a nice thick helping of reality. Not surprising at all when you think about it.

When I see somebody taking faux wedding vows to a company that exists solely to make a profit then I'm sorry Nitro but I'm laughing at you, not with you. You might as well swear your eternal loyalty to a record company or television network. Write an oath to 20th Century Fox or something because it's the same thing. They exist to entertain us. I just can't find bad football entertaining.

I get what you're trying to say but comparing a football team to a record label is weak sauce. If anything, compare it to their brand-name entertaners. I'll watch anything with Eva Mendes in it.

Go Texans!

:fans:

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't even talk about philly fans...they've called for Reid's head for years & the guy has done nothing but win there...& yet & still, they still show up which in essence proves my point.

I'd love to see some proof of that. I married into a family of Eagles fans. Always have Eagles on my fantasy rosters and check in on their boards sometimes.

That isn't the impression I get from them at all. I'm sure his popularity takes a dive in the off-years, but there's never been an overwhelming groundswell for him to get fired.

GP
12-17-2010, 12:43 PM
McNair isn't making you open your check book & cut that check for those PSLs.

McNair isn't making you spend your last dollar at the texans gameday experience.

& he's certainly not putting a gun to your head & making you watch & get emotionally invested in a team thats' not very good.

Those are all your choices.

You're right. So I will be and example and be a big boy and send Mr. McNair a letter.

He deserves to know how THIS Texans fan feels. Whether it matters, or not, is of no great consequence. The fact that I have a chance to tell the owner of the team how I feel about a product I have watched for almost 10 years? Well, it will help me get some things off my chest.

I can only hope that thousands of other Texans fans would do the same thing. Honesty is the best policy, and I have typed the letter, printed it off, and hopefully UPS can have it there before Christmas.

GP
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM

I made this the theme of one of my paragrpahs in the letter I just finished writing to Mr. McNair. I tol dhim I made wedding vows to wife, to be with her through better and for worse, but that I cannot extend the same loyalties to the Texans. I have to walk away fromt he relationship for a awhile and go get some clarity and put a little distance between me and the Texans.

Hervoyel
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I get what you're trying to say but comparing a football team to a record label is weak sauce. If anything, compare it to their brand-name entertaners. I'll watch anything with Eva Mendes in it.

Go Texans!

:fans:

Fair enough. You're right. The NFL is more like the record label or the movie studio. The teams are like the musicians, actors, and in a way the movies and albums. Same thing holds true though. I like Marisa Tomei myself but I won't go see a movie I think is going to suck just because she's in it.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;1611022]Don't even talk about philly fans...they've called for Reid's head for years & the guy has done nothing but win there...& yet & still, they still show up which in essence proves my point.

My point is every year, 32 teams come into the season with "blinding optimism". Does believing in their team regardless of the circumstances every year make them sunshine club members who are out of touch with reality & don't know anything too?[QUOTE]

Wow. Dude, you are clueless. I thought you were having a rational debate/discussion, but that's not the case. You simply believe that fans should never, ever, ever say anything bad about their team.

You admitted that you were a homer.
Yes, you are.
Not in a good way.

yeah, i'm clueless...:kubepalm:

gary
12-17-2010, 12:48 PM
No one here knows what Bob is really thinking untill the season is over.

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd love to see some proof of that. I married into a family of Eagles fans. Always have Eagles on my fantasy rosters and check in on their boards sometimes.

That isn't the impression I get from them at all. I'm sure his popularity takes a dive in the off-years, but there's never been an overwhelming groundswell for him to get fired.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/NitroHonda/151o.gif

Blake
12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cf5937/article/mcnair-delighted-by-fellow-owners-comments-after-texans-rally

Anyone read this article yet? More stay positive cheerleader crap. McNair seems to be focused on the wrong things.

HOUSTON -- Bob McNair was so moved by all the positive comments he heard about his Texans from fellow owners at a league meeting this week that he wanted to pass on the encouraging words to his struggling players.

McNair said many of the owners were impressed with the Texans rallying from a 15-point, fourth-quarter deficit Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens to force overtime before losing. He said he'd never heard other owners talk about his team in such a positive way and was "shocked" and "amazed" by the comments.

That doesn't mean he plans to leave everything as it is for next season; there has been much speculation about the future of coach Gary Kubiak.

"We'll review everything at the end of the year," McNair said. "And will we make some changes? I'm sure we will make some changes. We'll see some things that need to be improved. But we're very close to having the kind of team I think we can all be proud of."

I agree whole heartedly with this thread. Kubiak seems to be here for another year.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 01:00 PM

maybe not calling for his head so to speak but questioning the guy like he doesn't know what he's doing when he clearly does.

The eagles were my team when we had no football here & i still keep up with them here & there but the bolded is my point. They are so knee jerk that 1 down year or 2 game losing streak & you get more than your fair share of those that go off the deep end & act like he's never won there ever.

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 01:21 PM

I'm down.

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 01:32 PM
this is what those who threaten to drop thier PSL's don't understand...

Nope. People have already said in this thread that no one is buying the PSLs, and if they do, they got some great incentives from the Texans. Former PSL sections being changed to non-PSL sections, etc. So no, people aren't lining up to buy them. Definitely won't if Kubiak is back. I don't know how I can stomach another year of Texans football with Kubiak as the HC. It'll just be more of the same. I'll still watch, but the excitement level will be 0.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Nope. People have already said in this thread that no one is buying the PSLs, and if they do, they got some great incentives from the Texans. Former PSL sections being changed to non-PSL sections, etc. So no, people aren't lining up to buy them. Definitely won't if Kubiak is back. I don't know how I can stomach another year of Texans football with Kubiak as the HC. It'll just be more of the same. I'll still watch, but the excitement level will be 0.

Yep. I sit in 324. Try this: Pick up the phone, call a Texans ticketing agent, and say you'd like to inquire about seats in 324. Tell them you really don't want to pay a PSL fee. I guarantee you they will find you a non-PSL seat. Give it a shot. It's a five mintue phone call at most.

My PSL was $1,000 back in 2005. The lady next to me paid a PSL fee of $0 in 2010.

I'm just being real here. The economy is not like it was five years ago. Fans have to make choices.

Mr teX

That's the kicker...bring the price down for guys like me.

GNTLEWOLF

If someone would get this thing moving I would gladly contribute...

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 01:40 PM
That's the kicker...bring the price down for guys like me.

C-l-u-e-l-e-s-s.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 01:43 PM
C-l-u-e-l-e-s-s.

yeah, b/c in you infinite wisdom, year after year, you still keep getting suckered into spending your money on a losing product by the team & mcnair..:clap::ok:. Everyone in here should aspire to be as smart as you lol.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 01:44 PM
yeah, b/c in you infinite wisdom, year after year, you still keep getting suckered into spending your money on a losing product by the team & mcnair..:clap::ok:. Everyone in here should aspire to be as smart as you lol.

LOL. Yep. At least I care about this team, my friend. You don't.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
LOL. Yep. At least I care about this team, my friend. You don't.

Round & round we go....Keep em' coming buddy, you're only making yourself look sillier.

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Round & round we go....Keep em' coming buddy, you're only making yourself look sillier.

You've done that plenty in this thread. Trying to tell people who spent the thousands on PSLs that they aren't "true fans" because they are fed up with the team right now. Yet, you are a true fan because you don't question the owner and coach. Just because people are fed up with the owner giving Kubiak the longest leash for a coach that has never been to the playoffs does not mean they are fairweather fans. People are obviously sick of watching their team lose and want better. Kubiak is not the answer. There is five years of proof on this. NOTHING has changed since Kubiak has gotten here except for inflated stats on a still losing franchise. We need to some new blood.

I know people here have been saying that it isn't right to call other fans delusional for drinking the koolaid and believing Kubiak is the answer, but the hell with it, they are delusional. There is no way people can honestly look at this Kubiak regime and believe he is still the answer. He is the ONLY HC that has not been to the playoffs since he has been hired as a HC. Think about that and ask yourself, why is he still here? Is it because we have been "competitive" this past five seasons with absolutely NOTHING to show for it? Is it because Kubiak is from Houston and is a nice guy? What is the reason for keeping this man? Kubiak has all of the ingredients of a great team just laying out there, but he is clueless on how to put it together and make it work (a playoff run). We need a coach like Cowher to put the ingredients together, bake it, and get that shit out of the oven.

So what if we have to change to a 3-4? What has this 4-3 done for us? So what if its a new coach and we don't know what will happen. We DO know what will happen under Kubiak...9-7, but most likely 8-8 or below. The new coach could mean that Texans fans may start getting spoiled by playoff appearances...you never know. But, what we all do know is that Kubiak is not the answer. If this 2010 season wasn't enough for people to see that...

bckey
12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I just can't believe that McNair would base his decision making off the comments of nfl owners about one friggin game (a loss by the way) that was played on a monday night prior to tuesday's owners meeting. These guys were probably all watching monday night football and having drinks while staying in Dallas for the meeting the following day. I would say the same things if I only saw the Texans play that 1 game. Those owners don't watch the Texans play. It just happened to be the monday night game when they were all together.

The reality is that the Texans are a poorly coached mediocre team that has lost 6 of the last 7 games they have played. Never have they had a winning record against their own division. As Dexman has pointed out they have been 5-7 after 12 games for 4 straight years. Kubiak still makes dumb decisions during games that have fans scratching their heads as to what in the heck is this guy thinking. Kubiak cost the Texans big time with his decision to go into this season with this secondary.

How about last year when they came back from a 2 week bye only to get beat by the Titans on a monday night. That was when Kubiak unveiled secret weapon Chris Brown. In post game comments Kubiak was caught saying they had already done some preparing for the colts which was the next game. The guy flat out over looked the Titans and began preparing 2 games ahead. How about the Stagger lee 2 play in Jacksonville. Or the pass over the middle in Indy with no timeouts left when they just managed to spike the ball with 1 second left. Or the fumble at the goal line when all they had to do was run a play but instead let it run down to the 2 minute warning and allow a review of the play.

The evidence is staggering and yet we get comments from Uncle Bob like:

"I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to say about our team, because it had never happened before like this," McNair said. "They were all, frankly, pulling for us after the way we came back... They just said it was just one of the most impressive comebacks they had ever seen. What was interesting was they didn't talk about the overtime. They didn't talk about the interception. All they could talk about was the comeback. They could just not believe it."

and this

"The level of respect that they have for our team and how close they think we are to really being not just a good team but an outstanding team, it was nice to hear your peer group say that about you. So I just wanted the team to know how close not only we think they are, but how close our competitors think they are, to being an outstanding team.

''I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track. Clearly, we have to do better, because what we've done wasn't good enough. But (it affirms) that we're on the right track, and I've felt that way all along.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/bob_mcnairs_rec.html

What can you do? It really looks like McNair is football stupid. His loyalty to certain people like Carr and Kubiak is really mind blowing. The NFL is a cut throat business where allowing personal feelings in your decision making will cost you big time. Most of us like Gary Kubiak. But that doesn't stop us from wanting the guy fired because he has produced 5 straight years of mediocre football. Its frustrating to watch this team. You never really get a sense that this team has a game all sowed up. You expect something bad to happen with this bunch.

I just hope some kind of light goes off in Bob's head by seasons end and Kubiak is given his walking papers. Its just really frustrating being a Houston Texans fan.

Mr. White
12-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I thought a little more about this and I'm starting to think Bob McNair doesn't deserve all this bashing. Let's put ourselves in his shoes.

It means a great deal for Bob McNair to finally have the admiration, respect and support from his peers.

This means that they took the time to
a. ignore the "Kick Me" sign taped to his back, and
b. took his head out of the toilet between flushes

and they told him that he's "on the right track."

Don't know about you guys, but this tells me that he's finally one of the Boys. It's great to be accepted.

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 02:41 PM
You've done that plenty in this thread. Trying to tell people who spent the thousands on PSLs that they aren't "true fans" because they are fed up with the team right now. Yet, you are a true fan because you don't question the owner and coach.

Maybe that was a bit strong & i do apologize to those i offended in that regard. We are all fans, we wouldn't be here if we weren't.

However where in any of my posts have i said the bolded? Just b/c i'm not running around here with a pitchfork & torch like the soapers lynchmob doesn't mean that i don't question the owner & coach. Just b/c i'm not going to get bent out of shape over something i have zero control over doesn't mean i don't question this regime.

I'm simply acknowledging what others don't want to admit...I'm going to be here next year all-in regardless of who the coach is. Some of them say they won't... that's fine. Some say they will give up their PSL's & that's fine too..it's your perogative & I could care less, just don't try & blame anyone else for you choosing to spend your money on a losing product b/c that IS something you can control.

The1ApplePie
12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Isn't Bob McNair one of the chief reasons that there is going to be a lockout? I know he doesn’t want to share revenue with the likes of the Jags, but still…

Hopefully we get an owner more like Bob Kraft in this city.

axman40
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
"Captain Suck and the Mediocre Band"
:kubepalm:

SheTexan
12-17-2010, 03:01 PM

I sat on the front row of the Bullpen and didn't hear any chanting for Bill Cowher!! I've ask NUMEROUS members of the Bullpen and they didn't either! Where do you get your info?

SheTexan
12-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Isn't Bob McNair one of the chief reasons that there is going to be a lockout? I know he doesn’t want to share revenue with the likes of the Jags, but still…

YOu really wanna take that chance?

Mr teX
12-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I sat on the front row of the Bullpen and didn't hear any chanting for Bill Cowher!! I've ask NUMEROUS members of the Bullpen and they didn't either! Where do you get your info?

they showed on the MNF broadcast a couple, as in exactly 2, guys chanting for bill cowher...that's what he's refering to.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 03:26 PM

That'd be Jerry Richardson of the Panthers. Actually, most of the owners at fault because revenue sharing is a big sticking point to the CBA, and that's pretty much the owners arguing with themselves. Richardson has been leading the charge that the players are making way too much money thought.

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey... let's not bring our kids into this... moving on AS FAR AWAY from that one as I can get.

Sure I argue but I'm most certainly not calling for a divorce. The chump change reference is in terms of other teams (including other sports) that have not made the playoffs in sports. People seem to be looking for instant gratification and throwing a temper tantrum when it doesn't come.

You and I are on the same team. Let's not turn against each other. I know we suck. You know we suck. This season hit us like a sack of potatoes. It is what it is... it's easy for me to remember that there's always next year. What was it? 62 years for the Arizona Cardinals? 102 years for MLB's Chicago Cubs? 9 years is chump change.

We are on the same team, man. And I ain't going anywhere. I'll outlive the owner!

That being said, I won't be quiet about my opinions of the team or management. And I don't see that as being a "bad" or "good" fan. It's part of the Fanatics Creed, as far as I'm concerned. It is our right to be pissed and ***** about fail. Because if we didn't care enough, we'd not be much of fans. Just like I love my country but dislike a president or certain policies, it's the same for our team.

That being said, I'm a fan for life, but I'm going to protest by boxing up all my gear if Kubiak stays (I could wear a different Texans shirt for a month, too). I've paid my dues, spent more money than I care to admit, but I won't advertise a team that accepts mediocrity as policy.

I'm still a fan, not going to another team, and I'll be there watching every Sunday in 2011. But I can't act like I'm proud of something that I'm not proud of. That's just fake and not something that works for me.

Closing, though, your mention of the Cubs just depresses me. That's a bleak prospect. :shades:

Now you're pulling a straw man argument to change the discussion. My reply to you was specifically about fair weather fans. I mentioned Philly fans as ones that are passionate and not fair weather. I did not say if they were bad or good, but just that they express their passion with disgust when things are down. That DOES NOT make them fair weather fans, which is what you were talking about to begin with.

Do what? Do you think it's only the myopic Sunshine Clubbers that will be there for the team? You seem to have a very selective view on what makes a fan, but it's not one that is shared by the majority of people. The Debbie Downers have said that they'll still be watching, so I'm not sure what you're trying to extrapolate from nothing.

That's what you thought I said, but you need to read what I wrote again. My choice of words is precise and serves the purpose of conveying my exact thoughts.

Would I be optimistic if we fired this proven mediocre head coach we have? Of course! It means that the owner is tired of treading water and puts winning as a high priority.

As far as a new coach, why wouldn't fans be optimistic? Your post makes no sense to me.

My point is every year, 32 teams come into the season with "blinding optimism". Does believing in their team regardless of the circumstances every year make them sunshine club members who are out of touch with reality & don't know anything too?

Give me a break. Lions fans don't have blinding optimism. They know that they suck and will suck. And this is where Texans fans are finding themselves now.

The point is that we KNOW what we get with Kubiak. We know his style and coaching decisions. It's Einstein's definition of insanity and Groundhog Day all rolled into one crappy product.

What can you do? It really looks like McNair is football stupid. His loyalty to certain people like Carr and Kubiak is really mind blowing. The NFL is a cut throat business where allowing personal feelings in your decision making will cost you big time. Most of us like Gary Kubiak. But that doesn't stop us from wanting the guy fired because he has produced 5 straight years of mediocre football. Its frustrating to watch this team. You never really get a sense that this team has a game all sowed up. You expect something bad to happen with this bunch.

I just hope some kind of light goes off in Bob's head by seasons end and Kubiak is given his walking papers. Its just really frustrating being a Houston Texans fan.

This. :thumbup

And about the bolded, I think it's the nail on the head. McNair is not a football mind, and I respect his policy of hiring football people to run his franchise.

However, his misguided loyalty to mediocre coaches and players are dearly costing this team, and that's as influential in the final results as any meddling owner.

gary
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
This just drags on.

DexmanC
12-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Bob had better be careful. ALL the anger that was directed at
Capers, Casserly, K(C)hris Brown(s), Slaton, Kubiak, Rosencopter,
Bush, Richard Smith, etc. will be transferred to HIM if this nonsense
he's speaking translates into Kubiak getting yet "one more year."

Bob's leash is starting to get shorter, and when that happens,
he'll either have to $hit or get off the pot.

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 03:44 PM
We are on the same team, man. And I ain't going anywhere. I'll outlive the owner!

That being said, I won't be quiet about my opinions of the team or management. And I don't see that as being a "bad" or "good" fan. It's part of the Fanatics Creed, as far as I'm concerned. It is our right to be pissed and ***** about fail. Because if we didn't care enough, we'd not be much of fans. Just like I love my country but dislike a president or certain policies, it's the same for our team.

That being said, I'm a fan for life, but I'm going to protest by boxing up all my gear if Kubiak stays (I could wear a different Texans shirt for a month, too). I've paid my dues, spent more money than I care to admit, but I won't advertise a team that accepts mediocrity as policy.

I'm still a fan, not going to another team, and I'll be there watching every Sunday in 2011. But I can't act like I'm proud of something that I'm not proud of. That's just fake and not something that works for me.

Closing, though, your mention of the Cubs just depresses me. That's a bleak prospect. :shades:

Now you're pulling a straw man argument to change the discussion. My reply to you was specifically about fair weather fans. I mentioned Philly fans as ones that are passionate and not fair weather. I did not say if they were bad or good, but just that they express their passion with disgust when things are down. That DOES NOT make them fair weather fans, which is what you were talking about to begin with.

Do what? Do you think it's only the myopic Sunshine Clubbers that will be there for the team? You seem to have a very selective view on what makes a fan, but it's not one that is shared by the majority of people. The Debbie Downers have said that they'll still be watching, so I'm not sure what you're trying to extrapolate from nothing.

That's what you thought I said, but you need to read what I wrote again. My choice of words is precise and serves the purpose of conveying my exact thoughts.

Would I be optimistic if we fired this proven mediocre head coach we have? Of course! It means that the owner is tired of treading water and puts winning as a high priority.

As far as a new coach, why wouldn't fans be optimistic? Your post makes no sense to me.

Give me a break. Lions fans don't have blinding optimism. They know that they suck and will suck. And this is where Texans fans are finding themselves now.

The point is that we KNOW what we get with Kubiak. We know his style and coaching decisions. It's Einstein's definition of insanity and Groundhog Day all rolled into one crappy product.

This. :thumbup

And about the bolded, I think it's the nail on the head. McNair is not a football mind, and I respect his policy of hiring football people to run his franchise.

However, his misguided loyalty to mediocre coaches and players are dearly costing this team, and that's as influential in the final results as any meddling owner.

I would be unhappy if you or any other reasonable fan were quiet.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 03:56 PM

Why does bob have to be careful? His leash is getting shorter? Shit or get off the pot? What does this all mean, it's very cryptic. I'm not exactly sure why fans think that a guy that's already made hundreds of millions on a franchise is in any danger of something bad happening. At worst, he'll sell the franchise for a tidy profit and keep a house in River Oaks.

While I don't think Bob is cheap (still, sorry steelb and others, just hasn't been proven to me), I don't think he's the best football guy that owns a team either. I want to see the Texans be a winner and I think it'll happen eventually, but in no way do I think this owner is going to be in any financial trouble because fans are upset he's not doing it their way. Hell, he's already willing to sit out an entire year of football where his stadium will have NO fans in it. Worst comes to worse he'll sell the team for a lot more money than he paid to have one put here, and he'll ride off into the sunset with a bucketload of money from citizens of Houston. Poor Bob.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Travis Rodgers is on now saying the only way he will ever learn any lesson...McNair..is by not spending money on the product if you don't like it. Agree. But as this conversations has shown, I doubt it will happen. It is only for the end of this season though.

DexmanC
12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Why does bob have to be careful? His leash is getting shorter? Shit or get off the pot? What does this all mean, it's very cryptic. I'm not exactly sure why fans think that a guy that's already made hundreds of millions on a franchise is in any danger of something bad happening. At worst, he'll sell the franchise for a tidy profit and keep a house in River Oaks.

While I don't think Bob is cheap (still, sorry steelb and others, just hasn't been proven to me), I don't think he's the best football guy that owns a team either. I want to see the Texans be a winner and I think it'll happen eventually, but in no way do I think this owner is going to be in any financial trouble because fans are upset he's not doing it their way. Hell, he's already willing to sit out an entire year of football where his stadium will have NO fans in it. Worst comes to worse he'll sell the team for a lot more money than he paid to have one put here, and he'll ride off into the sunset with a bucketload of money from citizens of Houston. Poor Bob..

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Dex, that's the point I've been trying to make. McNair had better watch his step this time. I have seen the most die hard Texans turn against this team.

And, as I've said 200 times in this thread and in other threads, money does not grow on trees. The economy is still struggling, and people have to make choices about how they spend their money. For really wealthy people who can afford tickets regardless of the economy, it'll become a matter of time. Truly wealthy people have many entertainment options, and value their time. They can easily find something else to do on Sunday's besides go to Reliant.

McNair had better be careful. This is not the year to f--k with fans.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 04:04 PM

While I don't think Bob is cheap (still, sorry steelb and others, just hasn't been proven to me), I don't think he's the best football guy that owns a team either. I want to see the Texans be a winner and I think it'll happen eventually, but in no way do I think this owner is going to be in any financial trouble because fans are upset he's not doing it their way. Hell, he's already willing to sit out an entire year of football where his stadium will have NO fans in it. Worst comes to worse he'll sell the team for a lot more money than he paid to have one put here, and he'll ride off into the sunset with a bucketload of money from citizens of Houston. Poor Bob.

You can't be that clueless. Look, this is a business. Bob provides something to his customers. The product is bad. His customers are unhappy. Therefore, Bob had better do something to improve the product, or he will lose his customers.

Get it?

Why is this so freaking hard to understand, people? Yeesh.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 05:28 PM
You can't be that clueless. Look, this is a business. Bob provides something to his customers. The product is bad. His customers are unhappy. Therefore, Bob had better do something to improve the product, or he will lose his customers.

Get it?

Why is this so freaking hard to understand, people? Yeesh.

Bob McNair paid $700 million dollars to bring the Texans to life. Forbes listed the franchise as worth $1.1 billion dollars. Tell me where he would lose money if he decided to up and sell the team because he thinks this city has too many ***** fans?

Don't think so short term son.

I still can't believe some of you people who wanna "sock it to em" aren't even thinking that maybe, as a businessman, he brought the Texans to Houston because he knew it'd be profitable and it'd be worth double the money by the time 9 years an no success whatsoever had passed? Do you really think that a guy who has already shown willing to LOCK THE ****ING DOORS TO HIS ****ING STADIUM would really be hurting from a few thousand fans throwing their hands in the air and making angry phone calls to a radio station? He's already turned a huge profit, and could easily wait out a few years of fair weatheredness from fans if he were so inclined, but seeing as how he was already a multi-billionaire before ponying up for NFL in Houston, he'd probably just sell the team.

Again, you are right it's a business, you are dead wrong in thinking that you or any group of your friends or an entire messageboard could even begin to dent that mother****ers wallet. He's already +400 million dollars in the black according to Forbes, so if you want to give up your tickets while "sticking it to the man" you're going to need to get about 50,000 more people on board before he really takes notice.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Bob McNair paid $700 million dollars to bring the Texans to life. Forbes listed the franchise as worth $1.1 billion dollars. Tell me where he would lose money if he decided to up and sell the team because he thinks this city has too many ***** fans?

Don't think so short term son.

I still can't believe some of you people who wanna "sock it to em" aren't even thinking that maybe, as a businessman, he brought the Texans to Houston because he knew it'd be profitable and it'd be worth double the money by the time 9 years an no success whatsoever had passed? Do you really think that a guy who has already shown willing to LOCK THE ****ING DOORS TO HIS ****ING STADIUM would really be hurting from a few thousand fans throwing their hands in the air and making angry phone calls to a radio station? He's already turned a huge profit, and could easily wait out a few years of fair weatheredness from fans if he were so inclined, but seeing as how he was already a multi-billionaire before ponying up for NFL in Houston, he'd probably just sell the team.

Again, you are right it's a business, you are dead wrong in thinking that you or any group of your friends or an entire messageboard could even begin to dent that mother****ers wallet. He's already +400 million dollars in the black according to Forbes, so if you want to give up your tickets while "sticking it to the man" you're going to need to get about 50,000 more people on board before he really takes notice.

I get really angry when people imply fans are useless and that we don't matter. It's extremely insulting. So I'm going to just say we will agree to disagree, my friend, and leave it at that.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Nobody is saying fans are useless, but you need to get all of them on-board with whatever you're trying to do if you're going to "wake him up" financially. I just don't think most of you guys realize how profitable the Texans are, even when they've been losing.

Once we start hearing about home games being blacked out, then you've probably got something going that could get you what you want. Right now you're just the crazy guy on a soapbox that a few people are listening to, not the rebel leader that's going to bring about revolution. Sorry bro.

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Nobody is saying fans are useless, but you need to get all of them on-board with whatever you're trying to do if you're going to "wake him up" financially. I just don't think most of you guys realize how profitable the Texans are, even when they've been losing.

Once we start hearing about home games being blacked out, then you've probably got something going that could get you what you want. Right now you're just the crazy guy on a soapbox that a few people are listening to, not the rebel leader that's going to bring about revolution. Sorry bro.

Yeah, but, I think you may be missing the bigger point: I'm not the only one who feels this way. Trust me.

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 05:52 PM
b0ng is right. As frustrating as it is in the end, we could all collectively picket Reliant on a daily basis and it would amount to a hill of beans to Billionaire Bob.

It's tough to balance the deep appreciation I have for the man bringing football to Houston with the growing perception that he's an arrogant rich man who might put factors not directly related to winning games as his priorities. It's his prerogative, but we don't have to like it.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but, I think you may be missing the bigger point: I'm not the only one who feels this way. Trust me.

Okay, you are correct on that, and listening to talk radio in Houston for about 15 minutes could confirm this. But are you guys going to cause a blackout for the Jags game? How about next season? If you can do that then you'll see dire changes in an immediate fashion I'm sure. But, right now, these things aren't happening, and so I can only assume that while some fans are upset at the team and are throwing down the gauntlet for McNair to improve the team before they come back, it does not look like anything will come of it this year. Maybe something will happen next year, maybe a blackout will occur. Right now though, there are a few teams that suffer from blackouts from time to time, and the Houston Texans. . . they ain't one of em.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
And let me just make this crystal clear:

If I had the money to spend on season tickets, and had been for the past 9 years, I would more than likely be giving them up after a season like this as well. However, I have no qualms in knowing that in the long run, it probably won't effect (affect? I have no idea anymore) the team in any tangible way that would make me think "Man he really listened to the fans this time". I'm just a guy, and yea a few other guys and gals would probably share the same opinion and opt to take the same actions, but in no way do I think that there will be any major changes taking place because of my actions. That team in Houston is worth too much money right now, and it looks like it will be for the forseeable future for things like that to happen.

I still wear my gear around though. Even if I gave up expensive season tickets, I'd still watch the damn team on TV because they have some sort of crack/heroin mixture they put into the airwaves that keeps me sucked in to what the Texans are doing on Sundays.

Rey
12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
However, I have no qualms in knowing that in the long run, it probably won't effect (affect? I have no idea anymore)

affect

disaacks3
12-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but, I think you may be missing the bigger point: I'm not the only one who feels this way. Trust me. The question is whether the SUITE folks express their displeasure to Bob.

Like the First Class passengers on an airliner, they (more or less) make the whole operation profitable.

Think 20-to-1 ratio on the airliner...

100-to-1 for Reliant Suite Holders.

gary
12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Something tells me 5-11 and Gary will be gone.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Something tells me 5-11 and Gary will be gone.

As bad as the Texans are, the next two teams coming in are just as bad (Titans) if not worse (Denver). The Jags may be in the playoffs by week 17 and might start Todd Bouman or whomever their second stringer is. I'm betting the Texans end at 7-9 or 6-10 on the season and for some superflous reason Kubiak is retained. All bets would be off though if they went from 4-2 to 5-11, that would be one epic choke job.

gary
12-17-2010, 06:38 PM
As bad as the Texans are, the next two teams coming in are just as bad (Titans) if not worse (Denver). The Jags may be in the playoffs by week 17 and might start Todd Bouman or whomever their second stringer is. I'm betting the Texans end at 7-9 or 6-10 on the season and for some superflous reason Kubiak is retained. All bets would be off though if they went from 4-2 to 5-11, that would be one epic choke job.
It probably won't happen but if it did Gary just then look out that's all I am saying.

texanchris
12-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Jason LaCanfora said that Houston is Cowhers most likely choice if he returns. Bob doesnt hire anyone else that would like to come to houston (Schoebel) so dont think he will hire Cowher either....

Lucky
12-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Jason LaCanfora said that Houston is Cowhers most likely choice if he returns.
I feel like going John Boehner right now.

http://www.theexaminingroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/boehnercrying.jpg

TexanBacker93
12-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Where are your seats? How much did you spend on them, and how long ago did you procure them?

I'm in 324, which are great seats, but, I don't think I'lll be able to get back my full PSl fee.

I'm curious about how much you've spent on this brand?

I'm in 138. I have been a season ticket holder since before Reliant was built and I have spent a lot of money. I could probably get more than what I paid for my PSLs back if I tried to sell them. I know I can get more for my seats on a week to week basis then I spend on them in a season, but I love to go to the games. I grew up in Denver and you couldn't get seats to games without knowing someone. My cousin just got season tickets this season. He's been on the wait list for 17 years.

steelbtexan
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm down.

Me too

Double Barrel
12-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Jason LaCanfora said that Houston is Cowhers most likely choice if he returns. Bob doesnt hire anyone else that would like to come to houston (Schoebel) so dont think he will hire Cowher either....

It's mind-boggling how the stars are aligned, with a Denver job being open, Cowher wanting to return and by all accounts to Houston, us having a fifth year of mediocrity so McNair would take no heat for letting him go...Billionaire Bob just refuses to look at the night sky.

*sigh* Grab the marshmallows, squeeze the Charmin, and let's all join in together, "Kum by ya, my lord, kum by yah..."

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 07:58 PM
It's mind-boggling how the stars are aligned, with a Denver job being open, Cowher wanting to return and by all accounts to Houston, us having a fifth year of mediocrity so McNair would take no heat for letting him go...Billionaire Bob just refuses to look at the night sky.

*sigh* Grab the marshmallows, squeeze the Charmin, and let's all join in together, "Kum by ya, my lord, kum by yah..."

I agree. This is all setting up nicely for us but we won't grab it. Frustrating.

disaacks3
12-17-2010, 08:00 PM

That's the WORST part of all this...knowing that Billionaire Bob isn't going to try and right the ship when it's the easiest time he'll ever have to do so.

steelbtexan
12-17-2010, 08:04 PM
YOu really wanna take that chance?

Yes I'm willing to take that chance.

Kaiser Toro
12-17-2010, 08:05 PM
If I were in McNair's shoes I would be in discussions with Cowher's agent and saying nothing about Kubiak publicly. This thing needs to play out "naturally."

JB
12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
If I were in McNair's shoes I would be in discussions with Cowher's agent and saying nothing about Kubiak publicly. This thing needs to play out "naturally."

And for all we know that may be happening.

NitroGSXR
12-17-2010, 08:13 PM

And there goes another nibble. You're chomping on some power bait, dude!! It's not real food!

gary
12-17-2010, 08:13 PM
If I were in McNair's shoes I would be in discussions with Cowher's agent and saying nothing about Kubiak publicly. This thing needs to play out "naturally."And behind closed doors. I agree.

Kaiser Toro
12-17-2010, 08:14 PM

And for all we know it may not.

All I am asking baby Jesus is to have the fat guy, in the red suit, deliver some silence on the matter this Christmas.