PDA

View Full Version : To the "Fire Kubiak" gang (Read before Responding)

Pages : 1 [2]

TexCanada
12-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Game 1: Solid game
Game 2: We go down 27-10, go on the win the game.
Game 3: Down 27-6, lose the game.
Game 4: Solid game and win
Game 5: Lose by 24 (down by 21 early)
Game 6: Down 14, go on to win.
Game 7: Down 21, lose
Game 8: Never really down by much, lose
Game 9: Down 14, lose
Game 10: Down 16, lose
Game 11: Great win
Game 12: Down 14, lose
Game 13: Down 21, lose

I'm all for the idea of all that matters in W's and L's, but this trend of getting down by a huge amount of points is scary. Games 1, 4, 8 and 11 are the only games where we don't go down by a large amount of points. That leaves 9 (!) games this year where we were down by at least 2 TDs at some point in the game.

This comes down to preparation, and while some of this can surely be put on the players, the coaches are the ones who are ultimately responsible for this.

gafftop
12-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Looking at a post I made LAST YEAR in October

"All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season. I was pro Kubiak at beginning of season but now I am ambivalent. Big questions
1) Inability to get team ready to play. Both beginning of season against Jets and it seems at the beginning of each game. Can he motivate?
2) Are the players tired of his style? Have they bought into his idea for the team? Are the players tired of Smith? Are they really giving 100%. I know some players are , but you really need all the players to give their all, especially when you are almost there like the Texans are.
3) Overall game plans and play selection on offense.
4) Evaluation and usage of the players, strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole and getting the best outcome you can get based on them.
But really who wants to hear any more. I'm DONE. "

I don't think anything has changed. I am afraid nothing will. Remember this was written LAST YEAR.

Bigbots_02
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=gafftop;1610343]Looking at a post I made LAST YEAR in October

"All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season.QUOTE]
I think this is a far assesment and well stated.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=gafftop;1610343]Looking at a post I made LAST YEAR in October

"All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season.QUOTE]
I think this is a far assesment and well stated.

He said it LAST YEAR, and this year has been an EXACT REPLICA.

The Texans have NOT gotten better in FOUR YEARS. Who cares if this
team puts up every stat BUT wins. WINS, are what this fanbase is
STARVING FOR.

thunderkyss
12-16-2010, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Bigbots_02;1610365]

He said it LAST YEAR, and this year has been an EXACT REPLICA.

The Texans have NOT gotten better in FOUR YEARS. Who cares if this
team puts up every stat BUT wins. WINS, are what this fanbase is
STARVING FOR.

really?

4 years ago, this team would have gone 3-10 with the schedule we have today.

I think.

Dishman
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
But time & time again, at least for the last 13 games, we've seen teams walk all over us when we play timid & we've seen us roll over the best defenses this league has & stymie the average offenses when we are aggressive & pressure the ball.

I can't understand why Kubiak has consistently decided to come out timid....... every game.

F@#k Caution, win games. period.

A-freakin'-men. We've seen they are capable. The team needs someone who can help them put it all together. That will put them over the hump.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
really?

I think.

4 years ago we went 5-7 with this schedule.

I think.

JB
12-16-2010, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=thunderkyss;1610463]

4 years ago we went 5-7 with this schedule.

I think.

:clap:

edit: actually in 2006 we were 4-8 at this point. We have improved a dramatical 2 games. But then again, that year we swept the Jags.

DexmanC
12-16-2010, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=DexmanC;1610537]

:clap:

edit: actually in 2006 we were 4-8 at this point. We have improved a dramatical 2 games. But then again, that year we swept the Jags.

Wasn't that the year the Jags rested ALL their key starters in the last
game of the regular season (while they prepared to play a playoff game
the following week, beating Pittsburgh,) and the Texans roared their way to victory and
"OUR FIRST 'NON-LOSING' SEASON"!:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

The Texans' marketing staff won a Superbowl that year.

SHEESH.

JB
12-16-2010, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=JB;1610555]

Wasn't that the year the Jags rested ALL their key starters in the last
game of the regular season (while they prepared to play a playoff game
the following week, beating Pittsburgh,) and the Texans roared their way to victory and
"OUR FIRST 'NON-LOSING' SEASON"!:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

The Texans' marketing staff won a Superbowl that year.

SHEESH.

No, that was the year we went 6-10. Jacksonville went 8-8. We beat them in week 7 & week 10.

I am talking the 2006 season.

Texan_Bill
12-16-2010, 10:06 PM
TB, I thought you had already moved on from Kubiak. It looks like you STILL think he is a good head coach even though we have 5 years of proof that he isn't.

I know he is an Aggie. I know he is from Houston. It's just that the guy sucks, Bill. And frankly, its been pretty evident since Day One. Poor talent evaluation and even a more horrible ability to bring in quality assistant coaches on the defensive side.

At this point in time its pretty obvious that the players aren't going to buy into what kubiak has to sell them. How many times can you hear the same speech and coachspeak before you tune out.

I fell in line this year and tried to be optimistic but in the back of my mind I knew this was going to happen. You can't let your best corner go in FA and then promote from within a horrible defense to get your new DC and expect to compete. We had nowhere to go but down offensively and nickel and diming your coaching staff and defensive talent didn't help.

I could quote myself and tongue myself by showing that I saw all this coming, but there is no need. it was painfully obvious to anyone not addicted to the kool aid.

We need to start over and there is nowhere to go but up. Kubiak just sucks as a head coach.

Great OC but an inept and pathetic HC. I appreciate what he has done and that he didn't keep Carr around for but one year, but although the team is more competitive it hasn't turned the corner and if he hasn't yet he never will.

i am sick of tired of the guy and I think 75% of the fanbase, especially the hardcore fans, are with me on this. I appreciate the loyalty and candor, Bill, but its not working out and its not going to. Fire the loser and get someone in here who has some credibility, some passion, and some direction....oh and maybe someone who isn't afraid to hire someone with some backbone and experience/pull as their DC.

I am trying to be positive, Bill. However, this season is the swan song for this regime. THE GUY MISREAD DOWN AND DISTANCE ON 4th DOWN AT END OF GAME!! THAT IS UNFORGIVEABLE AND INEXCUSABLE. KUBES MUST GO!!

Whoa!! SH I'm for the Texans winning - PERIOD! And sure, I've gotten on Kubiak.

My point is this, you can have a first time HC. You can have a first time GM.... You CAN'T have a first time HC and first time GM at the same time. While I appreciate Mr. McNair's efforts to bring us some NFL football, this was a terrible decision. Kubes has waaaaaay too much power for a first time head coach. This organization should've hired an experienced GM when Casserly was outta here.

The HC should work for the GM.. Clearly, the Texans failed model is the GM working for the HC... I think you'll agree that that is an effed up model.... Again, back to my original point, fire Smith, fire Bush and reach out for an experienced football guy for GM, and bring in a defensive coordinator and I would be okay with Kubes coaching this team in 2011.... Don't do those things and I'm in favor of blowing the whole thing up.....

DUDE, the rest of your post is way too long. I have a very short attention span..... A.D.D.H. and all..

Lucky
12-16-2010, 11:54 PM
My point is this, you can have a first time HC. You can have a first time GM.... You CAN'T have a first time HC and first time GM at the same time.

Again, back to my original point, fire Smith, fire Bush and reach out for an experienced football guy for GM, and bring in a defensive coordinator and I would be okay with Kubes coaching this team in 2011....
Kubiak and Smith have been on the job for 5 long years. They're not football neophytes (Runner taught me that word). They just suck at what they do.

Suck is too strong. Kubiak and Smith just aren't good enough. The question Bob McNair has to ask himself is, "Do I want to be part of something great?" If the answer is yes, then Smithiak must go. If sorta, kinda, sometimes okay is good enough, then Smithiak are your guys.

I believe Texans Chick first promoted the idea of hiring a vet GM to babysit Kubiak. That's consistent on her part, as she has been pro-Kubiak from the start. But in reading her latest blogs, I get the sense that she's reaching the end of her virtual rope with Kubiak's leadership. Hiring a vet GM to look over Kubiak's shoulder is eerily similar to the 2006 offseason, when Kubiak was brought in to tutor Carr. It seemed like a good idea, then. It turned out to be a wasted year. I don't want to see the Texans waste their 10th season on fixing Gary Kubiak.

heymak
12-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I like how charlie pallilo puts it. "You are what your record says you are", if you like having a mediocre coach by all means keep him. I would prefer a move forward.

Bigbots_02
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=DexmanC;1610459]

really?

I think.

Thats wierd... I quoted some one saying that... i didnt say it though. I mustof made a mistake when quoting.

Bigbots_02
12-17-2010, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Texan_Bill;1610678]
The HC should work for the GM.. Clearly, the Texans failed model is the GM working for the HC... I think you'll agree that that is an effed up model.... Again, back to my original point, fire Smith, fire Bush and reach out for an experienced football guy for GM, and bring in a defensive coordinator and I would be okay with Kubes coaching this team in 2011....

QUOTE]

I think this is a great direction. I think that the people that actually like kubiak would be happy and the people that want change MIGHT be satisfied.

GNTLEWOLF
12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Texan_Bill;1610678]
The HC should work for the GM.. Clearly, the Texans failed model is the GM working for the HC... I think you'll agree that that is an effed up model.... Again, back to my original point, fire Smith, fire Bush and reach out for an experienced football guy for GM, and bring in a defensive coordinator and I would be okay with Kubes coaching this team in 2011....

QUOTE]

I think this is a great direction. I think that the people that actually like kubiak would be happy and the people that want change MIGHT be satisfied.

Hmmm taking power away from the hc and having a real football guy look over his shoulder...
1) isn't that kinda like what Washington did with Jim Zorn?
2) is there any HC who has had all that power that is going to take being stripped of it and still be around long term?
3) isn't that really a vote of no confidence?
4) if he has been identified as being the problem why not just solve the problem and fire him rather than waste another season trying to fix him?

houstonspartan
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Bigbots_02;1610997]

Hmmm taking power away from the hc and having a real football guy look over his shoulder...
2) is there any HC who has had all that power that is going to take being stripped of it and still be around long term?
4) if he has been identified as being the problem why not just solve the problem and fire him rather than waste another season trying to fix him?

Exactly. It's the same thing with people who say Rick Smith should hire a defensive coordinator and that Kubiak should have no say in the matter. That creates a huge power vaccum, and the defensive coordinator would essentially be reporting to Rick Smith and Bob McNair.

Why not just fire the head coach and call it a day?

thunderkyss
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM

No, every franchise should have a GM or Vice President of football operations, to steer the franchise. They pick the direction the franchise wants to go in & get the right people in the right position to go in that direction. The Head Coach is just a cog in the machinery, a spoke in the wheel.

The way things are now, Kubiak is deciding the direction & trying to implement it. Hand picking Rick Smith alludes to that. (It is possible that "Hand picking" Smith is more of a perception thing, but it is what it is.)

It would be like an Army Captain not only managing his division, but the whole war altogether.

thunderkyss
12-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Exactly. It's the same thing with people who say Rick Smith should hire a defensive coordinator and that Kubiak should have no say in the matter. That creates a huge power vaccum, and the defensive coordinator would essentially be reporting to Rick Smith and Bob McNair.

Why not just fire the head coach and call it a day?

The only problem I have with firing the head coach, is that he is the one steering the ship right now.

He shouldn't be. Not unless it's a proven winner, a Holmgren, Shanahan, Parcells, Cowher (maybe).

As a first time head coach, Kubiak should never have been put in that position.

Kinda like Carr. Maybe if he came from a "big-time" program, but from Fresno State to leading an NFL team??

So if you get one of those guys to come in here, & run the franchise, you might have something. But if we fire Kubiak, and get stuck with Chan Gailey.... I am afraid of what Chan Gailey + Rick Smith would get us. Casserly/Capers/Kubiak/Smith already has us looking like the Detroit Lions. But it could always get worse & for the Texans, it just seems like it always does.

If McNair wants Cowher, he needs to be working that behind the scenes & get a handshake deal in place before he fires Kubiak. If not, he needs to be working on getting a real GM.

Bigbots_02
12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Has anybody been seeing whats going on over in washington with Mike & Kyle Shanahan? The folowing are quotes from the artical:

(Redskins players are not happy. "The guys are extremely pissed," one player told NFL.com's Jason La Canfora. He reports that Redskins players think offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is using McNabb as a scapegoat for his own failures.)

(It's a valid point. Shanahan's ego seems out of control. (Head coach Mike or Kyle, take your pick.) The father-son combination seems intent on placing the blame for the Redskins' failures on anyone but themselves. Albert Haynesworth(notes), Hunter Smith(notes) -- it's always someone else's fault.)

This further more makes me believe that Kubiak has been the driving factor for the sucesses we have had in our offensive scheme. The players are as much a factor as he his, but maybe he deserves some credit for that. He also takes responsibility when the chips are down and everyone looking for someone to put on the cross. (lol... the media and you guys... j/k) This doesnt excuse our "shortfalls" aka record but its a bright side.

texanchris
12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=thunderkyss;1611600]The only problem I have with firing the head coach, is that he is the one steering the ship right now.

He shouldn't be. Not unless it's a proven winner, a Holmgren, Shanahan, Parcells, Cowher (maybe).

As a first time head coach, Kubiak should never have been put in that position.

Kinda like Carr. Maybe if he came from a "big-time" program, but from Fresno State to leading an NFL team??

Seems like the texans seem to set everyone up to fail.

As much as i want Kubiak gone, i know he will be back next year and finding new ways to lose game we should win.

b0ng
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I admire bigbots_2's pluckiness and moxie when dealing with angry internet sperglords.

Lucky
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I admire bigbots_2's pluckiness and moxie when dealing with angry internet sperglords.
I like how he began the thread calling the Fire Kubiak gang irrational and stupid.

You people are irrational. Have any of you ever heard the expression: A PERSON is smart, but PEOPLE are stupid.

Someone would be better off drinking gun powder then lighting a match and swallowing it..

I'm too irrational and stupid figure out how to drink gun powder. Maybe mix it with some Moxie?

http://www.thespoof.com/sitepics/thespoof/moxie.jpg

Very different. If you've ever tried Moxie, you'd agree that it couldn't be any worse with gunpowder.

Bigbots_02
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I like how he began the thread calling the Fire Kubiak gang irrational and stupid.

I'm too irrational and stupid figure out how to drink gun powder. Maybe mix it with some Moxie?

http://www.thespoof.com/sitepics/thespoof/moxie.jpg

Very different. If you've ever tried Moxie, you'd agree that it couldn't be any worse with gunpowder.

Im not calling anyone "stupid"... Its more along the lines of blind...

Ok, Ill explain it... people arent "blind" as far as sight goes but they REFUSE to really listen. Some can talk to a group of people and they might hear what he or she says but that doesnt mean their listening. The reason is because its a group of people with the same idea and their feeding off each other fueling their point.

You dont have to agree and should be able to feel how you want. I just think that if people acted on their own accord, they might be able to see anothers point of view and maybe not think that their idiots for not agreeing with the masses.

TheIronDuke
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Ok, Ill explain it... people arent "blind" as far as sight goes but they REFUSE to really listen. Some can talk to a group of people and they might hear what he or she says but that doesnt mean their listening. The reason is because its a group of people with the same idea and their feeding off each other fueling their point.

You dont have to agree and should be able to feel how you want. I just think that if people acted on their own accord, they might be able to see anothers point of view and maybe not think that their idiots for not agreeing with the masses.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/goopslinger/34hudxd.gif

Lucky
12-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Ok, Ill explain it... people arent "blind" as far as sight goes but they REFUSE to really listen.
Perhaps "deaf" is the word you're searching for?

LOL @ TheIronDuke's post! Great!

thunderkyss
12-18-2010, 07:42 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/goopslinger/34hudxd.gif

'nuff said!!

Bigbots_02
12-19-2010, 10:56 AM
'nuff said!!

Wish I could see the pic... Iv been on a computer @ work

DexmanC
12-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Wish I could see the pic... Iv been on a computer @ work

It's a GIF of Ed Norton reading a laptop screen, then slamming it closed
in disgust as he gets up from the table.

Lucky
12-19-2010, 12:36 PM
It's a GIF of Ed Norton reading a laptop screen, then slamming it closed
in disgust as he gets up from the table.
You spoiled it. Why don't you tell Bigbots what Santa is bringing him for Christmas?