PDA

View Full Version : Glover Quin

TEXANJAK
12-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I just want to thank whoever taught him how to use the remote, so he could study film against his opponents.(LOL) Just kidding ever since the Titans game he has stepped up. After the Ravens game i just wanted to give him some praise for not letting all those mistakes build up and get him down mentally.

Kaiser Toro
12-15-2010, 08:52 AM
I thought he played terrific on Monday. Hopefully he can keep it going.

TheCD
12-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm going to repeat myself (again, sorry) and say that I think the light has finally come on for him.

On top of that he's got a swagger now, which I like. Not sure if that swagger will stick after he has a bad game, but hopefully it will. I'm looking forward to seeing him face a healthy Kenny Britt. If Glover can cover him, then I think we've got some good things to look forward to next year.

HTown2ATX
12-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Major props to Glover!!!! He played balls out Monday!

on the other side of the field....

"Kareem Jackson will fall down"..

gtexan02
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Im mostly impressed by his ability to rebound. He was seriously at rock bottom

rmartin65
12-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Yep, he was the most impressive player on the D last night. The only one consistently making plays.

aussie_texan
12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Yep, he was the most impressive player on the D last night. The only one consistently making plays.

what about pollard and cushing. even okoye played well not the best on d but one of his better games

TimeKiller
12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh man...........................

Don't get me started.........

steelbtexan
12-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Im mostly impressed by his ability to rebound. He was seriously at rock bottom

Me too

He went from below average to acceptable.

Which is a vast improvment over the rest of the secondary.

BullNation4Life
12-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm going to repeat myself (again, sorry) and say that I think the light has finally come on for him.

On top of that he's got a swagger now, which I like. Not sure if that swagger will stick after he has a bad game, but hopefully it will. I'm looking forward to seeing him face a healthy Kenny Britt. If Glover can cover him, then I think we've got some good things to look forward to next year.

Then maybe GQ can change out the light bulb in Kareem Jackson's head cause that dam thing is burnt out....

rmartin65
12-16-2010, 07:54 PM
what about pollard and cushing. even okoye played well not the best on d but one of his better games

Key word was consistent. Pollard looked good close to the line of scrimmage; he was still abysmal in coverage. And Cushing is a shadow of last year.

Lucky
12-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Quin has really stepped up his game since the Fail Gary play. With improved coaching, I'm certain that Quin can be part of the solution.

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 01:11 AM

"I got three picks in one game. Shiiiit, I can do anything now!"

Signed,

Glover Quin.

Malloy
12-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Add me to the 'I'm impressed by his rebound' choir.

After being directly involved in two last minute back-to-back loses, he's come back looking good.

Yeah, some will call him 'acceptable', that's fine with me, if our entire secondary was 'acceptable' in pass coverage, our offense would'nt have to score 30+ points a game :)

El Tejano
12-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I wish we could get pretty lucky like the Oilers did one year and draft players like Mike Dumas, Darryl Lewis, Marcus Robertson, and Steve Jackson. They drafted an entire secondary and pretty much all those dudes contributed.

b0ng
12-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Key word was consistent. Pollard looked good close to the line of scrimmage; he was still abysmal in coverage. And Cushing is a shadow of last year.

While I agree that Cushing has not been very good overall this season, he has really done a lot better over the last 3 weeks. He was pretty good against Balty, and put some fear into Chris Johnson. I'm not nearly as worried about him bouncing back from not having his favorite supplements as I was 4 weeks ago.

Oh and Golf Claps all around for Glover Quin. Why is it he has played his best after getting a cast on his hand?

Wolf6151
12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I wish we could get pretty lucky like the Oilers did one year and draft players like Mike Dumas, Darryl Lewis, Marcus Robertson, and Steve Jackson. They drafted an entire secondary and pretty much all those dudes contributed.

That's not possible for the Texans, we draft 8th string TE's, small school projects, and CSU players in the mid and later rounds.

Rey
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Quinn is a good payer...I think the coaching has mostly failed him as well as other players on this team.

Brisco_County
12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Quin made a key play in the 4th quarter when he performed an athletic leap in front of the receiver and batted down the ball. That's the best play I've seen him make all year. With ability like that --plus the way he tackles-- he is indeed part of the solution.

Now, imagine how improved these corners could play with the addition of a real free safety back there to help. I'm not quite sure what it is Eugene Wilson contributes.

kiwitexansfan
12-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Now, imagine how improved these corners could play with the addition of a real free safety back there to help. I'm not quite sure what it is Eugene Wilson contributes.

Interesting you raise this. I was listening to a show last night on the Radio (Keyshawn and Mortneson perhaps) and they were saying how Polamalu can freelance and take educated gambles because Ryan Clark is such a good Free Safety.

Makes me think that if we just had that special FS we the rest of the secondary would click into place.... even Pollard.

badboy
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
While I agree that Cushing has not been very good overall this season, he has really done a lot better over the last 3 weeks. He was pretty good against Balty, and put some fear into Chris Johnson. I'm not nearly as worried about him bouncing back from not having his favorite supplements as I was 4 weeks ago.

Oh and Golf Claps all around for Glover Quin. Why is it he has played his best after getting a cast on his hand?Cushing needs to re-adjust to his body not having the "ingredients" he had last year. He can still be very effective if left in his true position & left to excel. He lost two weeks with his move to mike.

Quin should go to FS and Mcmanis to strting CB. Hopefully we will draft a cover type CB in first or 2nd.

76Texan
12-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Quin made a key play in the 4th quarter when he performed an athletic leap in front of the receiver and batted down the ball. That's the best play I've seen him make all year. With ability like that --plus the way he tackles-- he is indeed part of the solution.

Now, imagine how improved these corners could play with the addition of a real free safety back there to help. I'm not quite sure what it is Eugene Wilson contributes.That is a play Quin learn from watching films of the veteran CBs, and hand-on tutoring from Dunta (that and the holding call.)

You can call at least 2 of 3 penalties on that play on Quin.
Athletic, yeah, some.
But it was more like a pushing the envelope play that a CB can get away with due to the 3-wide sets on that side that made it difficult for the zebra to watch.

It is something that I've mentioned before that I'd like to see our CBs do.
Pick your spot, push the envelope... lots of other CBs got away with it.
It's how they play the game. The receivers benefit enough from the rules tailored to put points on the board.

Tackling, from what I can see without the sunshine glasses on, Quin needs to continue working on it to become better at it.
I like him since last year when I did those play-by-play or certain form of recaps on the D during the season.
I do think that he's a part of the solution.

Maddict5
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
That is a play Quin learn from watching films of the veteran CBs, and hand-on tutoring from Dunta (that and the holding call.)

You can call at least 2 of 3 penalties on that play on Quin.
Athletic, yeah, some.
But it was more like a pushing the envelope play that a CB can get away with due to the 3-wide sets on that side that made it difficult for the zebra to watch.

:mariopalm:

what are you talking about? it was a perfectly clean play- he jammed boldin within 5 yds and jumped in front without making contact or hooking boldin with his other hand. not a single raven appealed for a penalty. none of the tv guys. nobody

76Texan
12-18-2010, 07:40 PM
:mariopalm:

what are you talking about? it was a perfectly clean play- he jammed boldin within 5 yds and jumped in front without making contact or hooking boldin with his other hand. not a single raven appealed for a penalty. none of the tv guys. nobody

Quin did it very well. Everything is very subtle where the naked eyes may not even see it.
Look at the close up angle from behind the offense.
Left hand grabbing the back jersey below the shoulder to pull it down (in the middle of the #1), not letting Boldin get a free release.
As Boldin turned past the overhead camera you can see that the jersey got pulled away from his body.
Next, left hand on the hip (this one the zebras hardly ever call, only when they really want to).
Last, right arm (with his cast) around the waist. You can see the white cast and the white tapes on the fingers. The hand was curling around the waist. It was there way before the ball arrived and stayed there at least until Quin reached the ball.

Like I said, there were 3 sets of WR/DB on this side (all very close together).
And it was a quick pass. It's very difficult for the zebras to keep track of the actions.

Yesterday
12-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I have always thought Glover Quin could be a very good second CB on a very good Defense.

burro
12-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Quin is easily our best CB at the moment. That's not saying much, but it's definitely true. I look forward to seeing what a better DC can do with him.