PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy Special Team failures? Merry Christmas from ..

Kimmy
12-14-2010, 11:52 PM
The Texans.

That's the headline of the article. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Enjoy-special-teams-failures-Merry-Christmas-fr?urn=nfl-295573)

The thumbnail on the Yahoo homepage included this little nugget ...

Football play called one of season's worst
Three Houston Texans look like a slapstick act on a long touchdown run, one blogger says.

I was hoping the almighty Farve/Metrodome debacle would keep us off the front pages.

Malloy
12-15-2010, 01:51 AM
I spilled coffee over this bit :)

The play also capped an interesting week for Reed. I believe he became the first NFL player ever to have his home raided by police and then return a kick for a touchdown in the same week. While authorities did confiscate some materials from his home, no charges were filed. Slippery guy

Wolf
12-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Some people refer to this play as a "David Reed kickoff return for a touchdown." I prefer to call it "The time three Texans decided it would be more fun to just tackle each other." Take a look at the worst tackling job of the NFL season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Enjoy-special-teams-failures-Merry-Christmas-fr?urn=nfl-295573

Thorn
12-15-2010, 07:52 AM
That was just gawd awful tackling on the Texans part. The Texans sometimes still act like they are an expansion team with crappy thrown togeather talent. When will it ever end???????

wagonhed
12-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I believe that was the first special teams score of the season against us. It was still a shitty play, obviously, but only allowing one ST TD a year isn't bad. You can't win em all.

Malloy
12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
I believe that was the first special teams score of the season against us. It was still a shitty play, obviously, but only allowing one ST TD a year isn't bad. You can't win em all.

True, that part is very nice. What's pissing me off is that everyone and their mother gets past the 20 on kicks and punts, whereas we opt to not return the ball from the 10yarder everytime. Are we blocking the kicking ST players at all, are someone seeing something that I'm missing?