PDA

View Full Version : I think Kubiak has finally lost the locker room for some key players.

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Was listening to 610 this morning and they had Schaub on. They asked him about the team not running in OT. I think most fans were yelling at the TV about that since there was plenty of time and they were backed up so they should have been running as opposed to when they were down by 14+ late in the game and had no choice but to throw.

I'm glad the guys asked him this.

Schaub responded as quick as possible with a certain pissed tone to his voice that "I just run the plays they call". He repeated this a few times and just made it clear without coming out and saying it that it was assinine not to run in OT and that it was Kubes call.

Plus as others have mentioned Schaub and Kubes seemed to be getting into it on the sidelines. Unfortunately I think a train wreck may be coming and it could get ugly. The good news is that the result of that would be Uncle Bob being forced to make changes.

Do you all think Kubes has officially lost the locker room as of now, 12/14/10??

(THE POLE QUESTIONS ARE ESSENTIALLY SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU SMILE....NO ONE GET PISSED!!)

ThaShark316
12-14-2010, 10:57 AM
LMAO the OP is trying hard to get rid of Kubiak...

GP
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Was listening to 610 this morning and they had Schaub on. They asked him about the team not running in OT. I think most fans were yelling at the TV about that since there was plenty of time and they were backed up so they should have been running as opposed to when they were down by 14+ late in the game and had no choice but to throw.

I'm glad the guys asked him this.

Schaub responded as quick as possible with a certain pissed tone to his voice that "I just run the plays they call". He repeated this a few times and just made it clear without coming out and saying it that it was assinine not to run in OT and that it was Kubes call.

Plus as others have mentioned Schaub and Kubes seemed to be getting into it on the sidelines. Unfortunately I think a train wreck may be coming and it could get ugly. The good news is that the result of that would be Uncle Bob being forced to make changes.

Do you all think Kubes has officially lost the locker room as of now, 12/14/10??

I think players go in and out of loyalties.

I think they switch their loyalties just about as much as you see on here. ONe day they are up, one day they are down. It's however the wind is blowing.

Because check this out: You don't want to be on the wrong side of a failed mutiny. Unless your roster position is locked up and you are exempted from being touched up by a revenge-minded Kubiak after the dust settles and he's still the HC. A few players can do what Schaub did. FEW. The rest are being mindful of how this corporate-minded franchise operates.

Which is why I place the blame on the owner above all else. He's created a sterile, lifeless environment for his team's players. They know that McNair is loyal-to-a-fault with coaches. They see how contract talks flow, even with the BETTER players on this team. So sit back, don't make waves, and ride it out. THAT is the mentality of about 90% of the roster, IMO.

I've been watching this team a long time. I took the bait with David Carr, stood up and defended him, and then finally had the blinders removed during his last season here. I vowed that I wouldn't be "an easy mark" the next time around. That time is here, and I won't be fooled again. I see that we're up against the wall with this owner and this coach. I have the bad feeling that we're going to have to blindly stumble upon the right HC who can get us to the promised land. I don't think it will happen by intentional means, though.

Rey
12-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans?

I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

Everyone handles this stuff differently...

GP
12-14-2010, 11:01 AM

Yeah, or he is just reporting what he heard and how it sounded.

The Op can't get rid of a HC. Wisen up there, pal.

At least he offers useful information, instead of mocking and adding nothing to the actual conversation.

Pollardized
12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans? I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

can't we all just get along????

http://kenoath.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/rking.jpg

Pantherstang84
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I heard it too. While Schaub didn't snarl the answer, you can tell he was a little annoyed. I think that was as close to throwing Kubes under the bus as you will get from him. As said earlier, you don't want to be on the wrong side of a mutiny or maybe you do (Dunta).

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM

Lol :kubepalm: like I have that kind of power.

Listen to the podcast of the interview and make your own judgment, just calling it as I heard it.

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans?

I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

The poll questions are meant to be jokes so we can make fun of ourselves....

ThaShark316
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM

At least he offers useful information, instead of mocking and adding nothing to the actual conversation.

No shit he can't get rid of the coach. Notice the "lmao" at the start of my reply. If you didn't like my reply, neg rep me and move on with life, son.

Anyway, I didn't hear how Schaub said it, but I can add this much: Schaub always sounds like he's about to sigh or he's not too excited, so him saying "I just do this and that and what the coach tells me" doesn't make me go ape shit. Y'all read too much into words said by these guys.

Its like when people on the radio went nuts after schaub said "we weren't going for the touchdown" vs nyj. Everyone knew what he meant, but since the team lost, it made everyone snarl.

Rey
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM
The poll questions are meant to be jokes so we can make fun of ourselves....

I only see one view point being "made fun of".

But I wasn't even talking specifically about your thread or poll. I was just talking in general. Fans attacking other fans because of their view point on the team outlook is silly...IMHO.

ThaShark316
12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Lol :kubepalm: like I have that kind of power.

Listen to the podcast of the interview and make your own judgment, just calling it as I heard it.

Dude, I put the lmao there....I saw the last part of your post...I was going along with you....

GP
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
No shit he can't get rid of the coach. Notice the "lmao" at the start of my reply. If you didn't like my reply, neg rep me and move on with life, son.

Anyway, I didn't hear how Schaub said it, but I can add this much: Schaub always sounds like he's about to sigh or he's not too excited, so him saying "I just do this and that and what the coach tells me" doesn't make me go ape shit. Y'all read too much into words said by these guys.

Its like when people on the radio went nuts after schaub said "we weren't going for the touchdown" vs nyj. Everyone knew what he meant, but since the team lost, it made everyone snarl.

Try the SARCASM smilie.

Wisen up, will you? Putting LMAO off at the end of something is not exactly a sure-fire way of telling people you are joking. It can easily be understood as being ugly about something.

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM

But I wasn't even talking specifically about your thread or poll. I was just talking in general. Fans attacking other fans because of their view point on the team outlook is silly...IMHO.

You're exactly right it is silly.....that's why I want to make fun of it. I'm trying to make fun of both though the carebear one is more obvious. I'm also making fun of myself and others like me with the "i love the chaos" one......none of us want this or love it....but to some it seems like we do.

so trying to make fun of both.

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Dude, I put the lmao there....I saw the last part of your post...I was going along with you....

Lol....my mistake if that's the case. Sometimes I misread things....just ask the ladies haha.

ThaShark316
12-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Lol....my mistake if that's the case. Sometimes I misread things....just ask the ladies haha.

We all "misremember" around the ladies, man...

That said, are the Texans not the chick that you date...she's sexy, smart, etc...but she says "no NOTHING before marriage"...but teases you anytime she gets...

:mariopalm:

GP, calm down...make you eat that soap in your avatar.:bat:

2slik4u
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Burn!!!

Surreal McCoy
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Repped. It's patently obvious if you don't toe the party line around here then it's OK (possibly even encouraged) for the haters gang rape you with no vaseline. Well said, preach on brotha!

Norg
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Lets stay Classy Houston Lets lose with CLass infact i hope we loss out Better draft position

Bench Schaub and PLace AJ on IR Becasue there obvs Dinged up

Lets start building toward teh future

TexCanada
12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Lets stay Classy Houston Lets lose with CLass infact i hope we loss out Better draft position

Bench Schaub and PLace AJ on IR Becasue there obvs Dinged up

Lets start building toward teh future

Do "stay classy" and "I hope we lose" really belong in the same sentence?

Norg
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Do "stay classy" and "I hope we lose" really belong in the same sentence?

Lets lose out with Class :mariopalm:

GuerillaBlack
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM

Bro, it's not going to stop until this team is winning next season. Lets say Cowher comes in (good chance it seems), there is going to be fighting between fans ALL offseason until the season kicks off again (and it will, I have faith the deals will get done).

fiasco west
12-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Lets lose out with Class :mariopalm:

You want us to lose against the Titans and Jags? F--- That.

Mr teX
12-14-2010, 04:34 PM

I recently began to utilize the ignore list...it is truly a beautiful thing & if you're like me & find your head is about to explode reading certain posters post, i highly recommend it.

Hervoyel
12-14-2010, 04:41 PM
I recently began to utilize the ignore list...it is truly a beautiful thing & if you're like me & find your head is about to explode reading certain posters post, i highly recommend it.

I wish there was a way to see how many people have you on ignore. I'm curious and I kind of think in some cases it would almost be a "badge of honor" to be on some posters ignore list.

Scooter
12-14-2010, 04:44 PM
i find this thread ironic. in my opinion the only thing kubiak HASNT lost is the lockerroom. up by 30 points or down by 30, 11-0 or 0-11, the players on this team do try like hell. talent, scheme, coaching, youth, and luck all factor into the overall fail ... but effort and want arent areas i've seen lacking. as flawed as we are, the players very much rally around kubiak.

Shaft75
12-14-2010, 04:45 PM

That sig has me roflmao!

97roc
12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Is it safe to post here? this thread seems a little hot...

Seriously, that schaub quote seems more like what all the players and fans of the Texans are feeling.... frustration. I don't think this has turned into a Dallas or Minnesota situation, yet.

Rey
12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Bro, it's not going to stop until this team is winning next season. Lets say Cowher comes in (good chance it seems), there is going to be fighting between fans ALL offseason until the season kicks off again (and it will, I have faith the deals will get done).

See, I know that fans will debate...win, lose or draw...Fans are going to disagree...

But when the team is doing bad it doesn't make sense to me to turn up the fire on other fans...

IDEXAN
12-14-2010, 05:23 PM
If it meant us getting Nick Fairley in April ? Maybe.

HuttoKarl
12-14-2010, 05:31 PM

I definitely hope we beat the Titans...Jags...well...the higher the draft pick, the better.

FirstTexansFan
12-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I wish there was a way to see how many people have you on ignore. I'm curious and I kind of think in some cases it would almost be a "badge of honor" to be on some posters ignore list.

I have everyone on ignore other than you and me... the rest wear mullets, and secretly wish they could be us :)

JB
12-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I have everyone on ignore other than you and me... the rest wear mullets, and secretly wish they could be us :)

:lol:

If you saw that, you lied! And I just got my mullet chopped off!

FirstTexansFan
12-14-2010, 06:55 PM
:lol:

If you saw that, you lied! And I just got my mullet chopped off!

I'd never put you on ignore JB, you're an inspiration to we supposed Senior citizens... but it's not us without a cheerleader and dateless on a Saturday night is it? LOL

JB
12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd never put you on ignore JB, you're an inspiration to we supposed Senior citizens... but it's not us without a cheerleader and dateless on a Saturday night is it? LOL

Lol!

Goatcheese
12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
It sounded more like he was annoyed by a stupid question.

With the way the O-line got destroyed on both snaps in OT we wouldn't have been able to run it anyway. There's a reason Schaub was almost 10 yards behind the LoS and falling backwards when he threw.

Ghostform
12-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Another mediocre season coming to and end and tensions are high as this was suppose to be "our year" yet again...

Lucky
12-14-2010, 08:42 PM
...the players very much rally around kubiak.
I think the Texans have classy players and will not throw their coach under the bus. But would some welcome leadership? After 5 years of failure, I have to believe they would.

Lucky
12-14-2010, 08:46 PM
With the way the O-line got destroyed on both snaps in OT we wouldn't have been able to run it anyway. There's a reason Schaub was almost 10 yards behind the LoS and falling backwards when he threw.
The protection that Schaub received from the o-line in the 2nd half was incredible. Then to start overtime, Kubiak goes empty backfield and tips his hand. This offense ran better in the no huddle when Kubiak didn't have time to screw the pooch.

Throwing the o-line under the bus. :mariopalm:

texanchris
12-14-2010, 09:08 PM
So we’ve got to get it corrected. Now through that, we did a hell of a job—I shouldn’t say we. Our quarterback did one hell of a job because there was a great deal of the time where it was breaking up on us and he handled the situation unbelievably. I mean, (QB) Matt’s (Schaub) so smart.

quote from gary kubiak in todays press conference. Maybe
Kubiak should let Schaub choose the plays more often...