PDA

View Full Version : 5-8 Where do we go from here?

Redtexan#34
12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I think with the game last night it will take us lossing all or maybe 2 of our last 3 games for Kubiak to be fired. Heres how i see it playing out. Next weekend Jacksonville goes to Indianapolis and beats the Colts and puts them at 9-5 and sowing up the AFC south due to their sweep of the Colts. The Texans beat the Titans and the Broncos to put our record at 7-8. In the Final game of the season the Jags come to Reliant and rest their starters and the Texans in a close game win and finish 8-8.
If this happens i doubt McNair will fire anybody but the best we could hope for is he fires Bush and brings in a DC that has no links to Kubiak or Denver. I will make a further prediction if this happens Fans and the local media will point to the 2009-2010 Superbowl champion Saints and how they hired Gregg Williams and allowed Sean Payton to concentrate on Offense. Only one thing Gary Kubiak aint Sean Payton and he would never call and have his players ready to get a onside kick to start the 2nd half of a superbowl.
FIRE KUBIAK AND HIRE BILL COWHER AND LOSE THIS LOOSER MENTALITY. GO TEXANS!!!

Thorn
12-14-2010, 10:54 AM
5-8 Where do we go from here?

To the store to buy more beer.

HOU-TEX
12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
To the off-season, yet again, with no emotional ties to teams in the playoffs?

The1ApplePie
12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Blow the rest of the season for draft position at this point. Of course, they won't. Probably finish 8-8 and draft another Kareem Jackson or Duane Brown.

Blake
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Exactly. ANOTHER ****ING PLAYOFFS WITHOUT THE TEXANS.

DexmanC
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

I'm still watching this season, to see Mike Vick become the first
"running quarterback" to win the Superbowl. It's only fitting, since
he's the first QB to be criticized for being such.

HOU-TEX
12-14-2010, 11:00 AM

It's football, of course I will watch. Just without the emotional ties a fan's home team would provide.

I don't see anyone beating the Pats with the way they are playing right now

axman40
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
8-8 here we come!
:mariopalm:

Pollardized
12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Find an AFC team and an NFC team you like and ride with them through the playoffs?

Rey
12-14-2010, 11:09 AM
8-8 here we come!

I'm not sold on 8-8.

I think 7-9 or 6-10 are real possibilities here.

bckey
12-14-2010, 11:09 AM

I don't think they will win the superbowl. They will have to beat the Falcons to get there and probably the Patriots if they do get there. Vick is a great story this year but not one that will end with a superbowl title imho.

Thorn
12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
8-8 here we come!

We've lost 6 out of our last 7 games. I'm thinking 7-9 is a more real possibility now.

axman40
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not sold on 8-8.

I think 7-9 or 6-10 are real possibilities here.
The Titans have given up , the Broncos are in turmoil and the Jags will rest for the playoffs.
8-8 Book it Dano!
:barman:

SheTexan
12-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Even though I agree with Thorn :drunk: I just wanna end the season with a sweep of the meatballs, and revenge on the kitty's!! Let Kubiak have a good showing in Denver so daddy Bob will let him go home. If he doesn't, then I'll still be here next year, NFL or not, expressing my womanly opinion!

The way is see it is that we have a SLIM chance of breaking even. Truthfully, really don't care at this point. My heart has been shattered to pieces and I need to do some serious repair work on my old ticker before next year gets here. Just gonna sit back and see what happens the rest of this year. As for the BOWL, I'm pulling for anyone other than a rep of the AFC South!!

JWarren14
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
We will beat Tennessee and Denver
Indy will beat Jacksonville and lose to Oakland and Tennessee
Jacksonville will lose to Indy and Washington

Everything will be set up perfectly, Garrard and MJD will be injured and all we have to do is win.

And...we will get beat on one of those plays where they just keep pitching it around and run it in.

Book it.

HTown2ATX
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
....down the toilet *flush*

GP
12-14-2010, 11:33 AM

I actually wanted Vick to come here after getting out of prison.

And i never thought Vick was any good before he went to prison.

But people like that need a second chance. Forget the whole black-white thing. I'm talking about a star NFL player who lost it all, and came back and said he wanted to be a better man.

Why wouldn't we take a flier on that guy? Because of the image?

I think Vick can single-handedly win games. He's THAT dangerous.

Good for him. And how about the loser Eagles fans who sported hateful signs about Vick this year? I bet they aren't sporting those signs now, are they? Winning cures all ills. Period.

Losing makes things 10 times worse. We know that for sure.

ThaShark316
12-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Where do we go from here?

To 8-8 man.

and to watch the Saints "Two dat".

SheTexan
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I actually wanted Vick to come here after getting out of prison.

And i never thought Vick was any good before he went to prison.

But people like that need a second chance. Forget the whole black-white thing. I'm talking about a star NFL player who lost it all, and came back and said he wanted to be a better man.

Why wouldn't we take a flier on that guy? Because of the image?

I think Vick can single-handedly win games. He's THAT dangerous.

Good for him. And how about the loser Eagles fans who sported hateful signs about Vick this year? I bet they aren't sporting those signs now, are they? Winning cures all ills. Period.

Losing makes things 10 times worse. We know that for sure.

If Vick had come to Houston I would be an EX Texan fan! I hate the guy that much! BTW GP, I would hate him if his skin was white!!! BUT, I'm a two faced biatch!!:embarrass I picked him up on my FF team and expect him to lead my team to victory and MONEY!! Money made legally!!!

The only thing Vick has proved is that he's an OUTSTANDING football player! Give credit where credit is due. BUT, NO ONE knows what he does in his personal life so saying he's a "better" man is a stretch! He's still a sorry SOB who just happens to be an excellent football player! JMO!!

HardKnockTexan
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I can't confidently say that we'll win any of the remaining 3 games. I'm sure they'll be close, but I have no idea if the Texans will be able to pull off a single W. I'm too defeated right now to give "my team" any kind of respect.

Texan_Bill
12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/batink/Animal%20House/advice.jpg

The1ApplePie
12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
No Texans
No Cowboys

I guess I'm back to cheering whomever plays the Patriots in the playoffs.

Runner
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm interested in seeing what the Falcons do in the playoffs, since they haven't built "slow and steady" but instead went out and got a lot better.

Doppelganger
12-14-2010, 12:36 PM

People said the same thing about Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, and Donovan McNabb. He is certainly not the first running QB to be criticized.

CretorFrigg
12-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Where do we go from here? Well, it's another mediocre season, boys. 8-8 is a possibility, but 7-9 is more likely. We're regressing. Time to set our sights on a new head coach.

Time for me to watch some NHL...

steelbtexan
12-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm interested in seeing what the Falcons do in the playoffs, since they haven't built "slow and steady" but instead went out and got a lot better.

Houston should be so lucky to have a team as good as the Falcons.

And yes Vick is a despicable human being who shouldn't get a pass because he's a great football player. If I were a Philly fan I would still be carrying a sign outside the stadium.

gary
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Blow the rest of the season for draft position at this point. Of course, they won't. Probably finish 8-8 and draft another Kareem Jackson or Duane Brown.I get it about Kareem but the O line has been a nice surprise this year.

Buffi2
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Where do we go from here?

Shopping? (Not for Texan gear)

I've been muttering that we won't win another game for the last few weeks. Nothing has happened so far to change my mind. I wouldn't bet the farm on us even making 6-10 much less 9-7.

The only way to go up is a new coach otherwise we are going to be asking the same question this time next year. Book it!

kiwitexansfan
12-14-2010, 01:31 PM
5-11

I called it after the Cowboys game when I realised just how AWFUL our defense was.

Norg
12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
GO into Shut down MOde and loss out to get a better draft position i pretty sure thats what the titans are doing and Denver They already started that process like 3 weeks ago

Rest our starters since most of them are dinged up alla Andre and Matt schaub is dinged

PLay our 2nd and 3rd stringers find out more about our team

Tell Kubes today we are going to fire u at the end of the week along with his entire Coaching staff and GM

Hire Jeff Fiser in the off season batta bing batta booom

O a boy could dream

El Tejano
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
What ticks me off the most, is no team in the NFL scares me. The teams we lost to, to me were very fortunate that Football Gods hate us. When Baltimore was winning the game last night, I kept thinking about how Baltimore didn't look better than us and we were beating ourselves. That's what ticks me off the most. I bet we can look at all the playoff teams and feel like we can beat them. We let so many teams off the hook.

I think the last goal needs to still be accomplished and that is to have a winning record in the division. If we can do that it will be tremendous for us going into next season. Unfortunately.

badboy
12-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Let's go Astros! BWAAHHAAA

texanchris
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
what we should do or what we will do? We should just try and get a high draft pick and rest some of our starters that have injuries. we will go on a meaningless winstreak now because we are basically eliminated from the play offs.

97roc
12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/batink/Animal%20House/advice.jpg

I think I already started that when we were 4-2 at the bye. What should I do now?

CretorFrigg
12-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Let's go Astros! BWAAHHAAA

WHY would you subject yourself to such torture? :smiliepalm: