PDA

View Full Version : People Need to Stop With the "Inconsistent" Label

eriadoc
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
This offense is so consistent you can bet on what's going to happen. They are going to score once in the first half, they are going to complete only about 55% of their passes, and they're all going to be for short gains. And they're going to ask their defense to hold the other team scoreless in order to be even or ahead at the half.

The offense has only deviated from this script ..... what twice? Maybe three times? The overwhelming majority of the time, they do the same thing, consistently.

dream_team
12-14-2010, 09:52 AM
This offense is so consistent you can bet on what's going to happen. They are going to score once in the first half, they are going to complete only about 55% of their passes, and they're all going to be for short gains. And they're going to ask their defense to hold the other team scoreless in order to be even or ahead at the half.

The offense has only deviated from this script ..... what twice? Maybe three times? The overwhelming majority of the time, they do the same thing, consistently.

but how different would have things looked if the receivers caught balls that hit them right in the hands?

Rey
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
but how different would have things looked if the receivers caught balls that hit them right in the hands?

Who knows. This one game might have been different, but the season results probably would have remained the same.

Another year with no play-offs.

eriadoc
12-14-2010, 10:33 AM

This team hasn't really had problems with drops on the season. Last night, sure, but I'm referring to the season (which is why I pointed out trends in my first post).

cdollaz
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
If we have players that are constantly dropping balls, then they need to be removed from the playing field.

Although, other than Jacoby, who shouldn't be on the team next year, they really haven't had a big problem with drops.

DerekLee1
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
The offense and defense are both consistent. The offense is going to put up 28 points. The defense is going to allow MORE than 28 points.

BullNation4Life
12-14-2010, 12:25 PM

I think you are confusing consistent with predictable. The Texans are "consistent" in losing games in the 4th quarter but are "predictable" when it comes to their game plan....

Speedy
12-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I've lost count but it's been like 9 out of 13 games or so that they have zero points in the first quarter and 10 or 11 of 13 where they've scored no more than 3 points in the 1st.

Looks pretty consistent to me.