PDA

View Full Version : We beat ourselves (by the numbers)

Kimmy
12-14-2010, 02:00 AM
1st downs B 19/Texans 28
Total net yards B 253/Texans 489
Avg gain per offensive play B 4.1/Texans 5.7
Net Rushing B 63/Texans 111
Net Passing B 190/Texans 378
Time of possession B 31:18/Texans 31:47

With stats like these, we should be winning.

Why did we lose?
Field Goals B-0/0/Texans 2/3
Total return yardage B 37/ Texans 16
Penalty Yards B 15/Texans 51

Stats like these make it such a heartbreak when we don't.

We have the talent, why can't we do it? COACHES. It can not be said enough

HJam72
12-14-2010, 02:03 AM
The 6 points they got on a defensive play and another 7 on a KOR have a lot to do with that too. All I can say is these guys don't come to fight for it the WHOLE game.

Kimmy
12-14-2010, 02:05 AM
The 6 points they got on a defensive play and another 7 on a KOR have a lot to do with that too. All I can say is these guys don't come to fight for it the WHOLE game.

Yeah, I stopped off at Lacuna and had those erased from my memory on the way home.

Oh, if only it were that easy ....

Hervoyel
12-14-2010, 08:24 AM

You're right, they don't. What their off-again/on-again/off-again performances show us is that they are capable of playing with any team in the league when they turn it on. That raises the question "Why can't they play focused football for 60 minutes?"

panamamyers
12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
You're right, they don't. What their off-again/on-again/off-again performances show us is that they are capable of playing with any team in the league when they turn it on. That raises the question "Why can't they play focused football for 60 minutes?"

EVERY team in the league is able to play with anyone else in the league when they turn it on and play on all cylinders. It's not like the Lions get beat by 40 every week.