PDA

View Full Version : Even with the dissapointment...

Ryan
12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
you cannot help but love this team. Being the natural critics that we are as hardcore fans of this team, sometimes we just get so caught up in the moment as we are longing for the day this team becomes a success. Me and a guy i sit nearby at the games were just discussing this tonight, just about how blessed we are to have a team to root for again. This team is full of warriors that just seem either cursed or just not quite ready to make that next step.

This team's success is so close to coming, folks, although it seems like it's never going to get that way. Whether it be by a coaching change or just a few changes in personnel, this team's future is so bright and our favorites like Andre Johnson will get to be in the playoffs sooner rather then later. And it's going to be the sweetest thing ever once we get there.

I doubt this may be the thing all of you want to here out of another heartbreaking loss, but to some it might be of help. For some reason or another, at this moment i'm damn proud to be a Texan! :texflag:

Kimmy
12-14-2010, 02:34 AM
I want whatever you're drinking ....

Dishman
12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
LOL @ this thread

Ryan
12-14-2010, 02:42 AM
I want whatever you're drinking ....

must be the kool-aid....those battle red uniforms got to me i guess.

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 02:48 AM
With all due respect, the "we're just blessed to have a team to root for" argument is old and lame. Yep. We got the NFL back. Fine. Now what?

It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity. I thought that was the coolest thing ever when they came here. But enough already. Take the training wheels off already.

I think you may have gotten caught up in how much fun games are at Reliant. I was at the game. Reliant is a cool place. But not when we lose.

Pantherstang84
12-14-2010, 07:58 AM
With all due respect, the "we're just blessed to have a team to root for" argument is old and lame. Yep. We got the NFL back. Fine. Now what?

It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity. I thought that was the coolest thing ever when they came here. But enough already. Take the training wheels off already.

I think you may have gotten caught up in how much fun games are at Reliant. I was at the game. Reliant is a cool place. But not when we lose.

:goodpost:

Surreal McCoy
12-14-2010, 08:19 AM
It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity.

We are building an identity. One that is most definitely consistent with the Oilers and indeed every major league franchise this city has ever had.

Houston was built on a Karankawa burial ground so we'll just have to deal with it unless we move the entire city west a few miles.

Ryan
12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Now i'm not entirely sure what i was drinking last night :backsout:

HOU-TEX
12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I reckon we could go back and find one of these type threads in each of the past 3-4 years. I used to understand how people could feel this way after a season like this, because I was one of them. I think something in my head snapped after the titan MNF game last season. I guess I just want more now. These type of losses no longer make me optimistic anymore. They just piss me off even more, knowing there's talent to play with the best but unable to put them away.