PDA

View Full Version : I think Mcnair will finally fire kubiak

texanchris
12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
...not

MEGA SWATT
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
The owner is showing major profits and he's too soft to make the hard decisions.

Trap_Star
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
a loss AND he saved his job...

FML

m5kwatts
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately, coming back to tie it just saved Kubiak's job probably. I can just hear the quotes when the season is over -- "We were right there in it with a potential Super Bowl team on Monday Night."

Dread-Head
12-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately, coming back to tie it just saved Kubiak's job probably. I can just hear the quotes when the season is over -- "We were right there in it with a potential Super Bowl team on Monday Night."

Agreed. Kubiak's offense had Ray Lewis and company fighting for air...and that is no easy feat. Gary's not going anywhere, he's earned the respect of the entire NFL with this one.

MEGA SWATT
Unfortunately, coming back to tie it just saved Kubiak's job probably. I can just hear the quotes when the season is over -- "We were right there in it with a potential Super Bowl team on Monday Night.WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?"

Fixed.

Hookem Horns

You can't be serious are you? All this game shows me is that there is a serious issue with coaching. We obviously have the talent but don't have the game plan to play 4 QTRs.

Pantherstang84
12-13-2010, 11:13 PM
:lol: Another uncontrollable laughing outburst. Somebody call Rusk and check me in. :lol:

Rey
Whatever....

Trap_Star
Agreed. Kubiak's offense had Ray Lewis and company fighting for air...and that is no easy feat. Gary's not going anywhere, he's earned the respect of the entire NFL with this one.

lol wut?

TexanSam
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I thought after the Patriots win at the end of last season where we came back and won that this team finally turned the corner. They've proved me wrong numerous times this year.

Mr. White
12-13-2010, 11:16 PM
First, we're gonna need to run some TPS reports and then send them up to Accounting so they can run a Risk-Analysis Report, which will get sent to Marketing so they can run a....:mariopalm:

tedr
With the Texans history of losing so many games down the stretch under Kubiak (especially in the last two seasons), wouldn't any owner not named McNair come to the conclusion that it's most likely the coaching that is to blame?

Rey

LOL...

He'll earn my respect when he actually wins games like this. Until that time, "vugg" 'em...

GP
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
You can't be serious are you? All this game shows me is that there is a serious issue with coaching. We obviously have the talent but don't have the game plan to play 4 QTRs.

Isn't it ironic that Kubiak has stated that Schaub runs the show in 2-minute situations?

Who calls the game the other 95% of the time? Yep, Mr. Teflon.

FML indeed, Trap_Star.

F. M. L.

Hookem Horns

OMG, I sure hope McNair doesn't have this same loser mentality.

DexmanC
This is yet another game where the Texans get EVERY STAT EXCEPT
THE FREAKING WIN!

GP
12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Not all is lost.

Reportedly, Cliff Lee is going to the Phillies.

Roy O might get a ring yet. And the Yankees DON'T get Cliff Lee.

Yay.

DexmanC
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM

Kubiak's offense goes nuts when the opponent plays Prevent.
Have we seen this before? Is the Texans' "dominant" offense good
against good team ONLY after spotting the opponent 14+ points?

fiasco west
12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
The excuse was the previous years that the team were taking steps, although small, they were taking steps and getting better each year.

Well this year they have taken a step back. I think Kubes gets the hook this year.

GP
12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
OMG, I sure hope McNair doesn't have this same loser mentality.

It's the instant gratification syndrome.

Please go and read ALL of my posts in the gameday thread.

And please eternally BAN me if you think I was wrong in what I said. This team, Hook 'Em, is ran by a complete MORONIC owner who reminds me of the rich guy on Gilligan's Island. And we all know who Gilligan is on this team.

I'm in awe. We had the perfect chance to get blown out and move Kubiak along to Denver. Oh well.

Ain't no way Kubiak gets fired now. It would seem so cruel and ice-cold for McNair to do so. He's all about the things that don't matter.

texanchris
12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
do u think we should keep kubiak as offensive coordinator or just fire him from the organization. Hes like Matt Schaub, great in no pressure sitauations and having great stats but when we need him most his time managment and play calling are terrible.

GP
12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I can only erase Kubiak on my Madden video games.

So at least I've got THAT going for me....which is nice...

:caddieshack:

TexanBacker93
12-13-2010, 11:24 PM

If he only had a game plan for the 1st half. Same story every week.

TexCanada
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
do u think we should keep kubiak as offensive coordinator or just fire him from the organization. Hes like Matt Schaub, great in no pressure sitauations and having great stats but when we need him most his time managment and play calling are terrible.

Did you watch the game? Schaub was amazing in the high-pressure 4th quarter.

Norg
12-13-2010, 11:26 PM
This game didnt hurt kubes prob

We didnt get blown out on national TV

ChrisG
12-13-2010, 11:26 PM

what game were u watching? schaub did awesome in the 2 minute drill. He did terrible with no pressure and playcalling on Kubes shoulders.

Terrible play calling by Schaub?

Two minute offense is run by the QB = TD
OT(and the rest of the game) is run by Kubes = LOSS

Not saying the INT isn't on schaub too, but how do you call another pass when you just got almost got a safety and if the 2nd pass ends up an INC you have to pass again. RUN THE BALL! WE HAVE FOSTER!

Hookem Horns
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Ain't no way Kubiak gets fired now. It would seem so cruel and ice-cold for McNair to do so.

Why? The only thing that matters is wins and losses. The Texans have not lost 8 games and will finish another season without a playoff game. They have only 1 winning season in their history. TONS of NFL coaches get fired for doing a LOT better than that.

charterTexanfan
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
where was that "up tempo" offense the first three quarters? I feel like I just got another pair of house shoes for Christmas instead of the compound bow I wanted. :pissed:

GP
12-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Why? The only thing that matters is wins and losses. The Texans have not lost 8 games and will finish another season without a playoff game. They have only 1 winning season in their history. TONS of NFL coaches get fired for doing a LOT better than that.

You're using rational logic.

Our owner does not.

You're just yanking my chain, aren't you?

I will bet you $5 Kubiak is still here. Deal?

GP
12-13-2010, 11:30 PM
where was that "up tempo" offense the first three quarters? I feel like I just got another pair of house shoes for Christmas instead of the compound bow I wanted. :pissed:

LOL. Good one. Maybe the only time I have LOL'd the whole night.

Rep your way.

When you get rep from me, you've done well. Nicely done, sir.

Pantherstang84
12-13-2010, 11:30 PM

I don't think many folks have confidence that Uncle Bob will pull the trigger. Bob and Kubes are kindred spirits. Fiercely loyal even when the solution is obvious.

ChrisG
12-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Its so frustrating, having a owner that probably doesn't realize how Kubes blew this game.

We were in it, so Kubes will probably be here again. I hope he isn't but ik he will be. Im already getting tired of watching the texans every week, and feeling like crap. Im still here watching tho. I cant imagine what it will be like next year with a repeat preformance by Kubes :gun:

m5kwatts
12-13-2010, 11:33 PM

I am serious. I never said anything about agreeing with the sentiment.

TheMatrix31
12-13-2010, 11:39 PM
He'll get fired at the end of the year. I view this game as sort of a way to sway a new coach, by showcasing what he has to work with if he comes on down here.

ChrisG
12-13-2010, 11:45 PM
since this is a thread about Kubes,

anyone else notice that when we have a good RB we dont run when we should. I seem to remember when we had Ahman Green, Kubes would run all day and not pass. I may be wrong but I seem to remember that. When we couldn't run that was all he called. Run, Run, short pass, punt. Now that we can run its pass, pass, pass, punt.

My only thought on this is Kubes knows we have a good rb. The def knows that so he tries to out smart them and ends up losing.

Carr Bombed
12-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Kubiak did not save his job at all. At this point we should be past moral victories and what was really different about this game? This game was EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME WE PLAYED.

Hail Mary to Jacksonville after a come back

Basically another hail Mary to the Jets after a come back

Huge 3rd down plays given up against the Eagles after a come back

And now a pick 6 after a come back...

And in all of these games, Kubiak forgot about Arian Foster. I'll never understand why he didn't touch the ball when the Ravens pinned them deep.

Texecutioner
12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Wow. This attitude in year 5 amazes me.

houstonspartan
12-13-2010, 11:53 PM

Total Loser Mentality.

Sad.

Showtime100
12-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Wow. This attitude in year 5 amazes me.

No shit, me too. Last I checked 5-8 kinda sucked, especially when this is all we've seen out of this coach who single-handedly blows crucial games for us year-in and year-out.

fiasco west
12-13-2010, 11:58 PM
He'll get fired at the end of the year. I view this game as sort of a way to sway a new coach, by showcasing what he has to work with if he comes on down here.

I think so too. The talking heads are all saying after this game things like 'Tremendous talent' and 'Poor Texans' it was at the very least a good showcase of what the team is capable of.

Also great crowd tonight as well. If I wasn't a Texan fan it would have been a much more enjoyable game than it was.

DX-TEX
12-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I think so too. The talking heads are all saying after this game things like 'Tremendous talent' and 'Poor Texans' it was at the very least a good showcase of what the team is capable of.

Also great crowd tonight as well. If I wasn't a Texan fan it would have been a much more enjoyable game than it was.

I think Gruden was pleasuring himself in the booth.

powerfuldragon
12-13-2010, 11:59 PM
draft vince young

Mr. Texan
12-14-2010, 12:00 AM
you can tell Gruden looks at this team as something he can put over the hump.

he LOVES AJ and Arian.

Showtime100
12-14-2010, 12:01 AM
you can tell Gruden looks at this team as something he can put over the hump.

he LOVES AJ and Arian.

Please no, not Gruden. Lord take me now if Gruden is our next coach.

nut
12-14-2010, 12:01 AM

LMAO - apologist Aggy'S stick together to the bitter end. the dude's gone man, sorry for the chink in your armor

TheMatrix31
12-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Total Loser Mentality.

Sad.

Well, I have it on good authority from some people around here that teams dont take on the personality of their fans, and vice versa....so you shouldn't be so concerned.

///

b0ng
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM
If we keep tanking he might. Pending labor issues notwithstanding.

bckey
12-14-2010, 02:06 AM

You have got to be joking. We are 5-8 and you guys are talking about respect. Kubiak needs to be fired.

HoustonFrog
12-14-2010, 07:58 AM

What a joke this is. Kubiak's offense didn't have the Ravens gasping for air, the Ravens offense did. If Kubiak's offense was so potent where were they when it was 28-3 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter?You had a Ravens D with a kickoff return for a TD. Then a long drive for FG, another long drive for FG and then a 99 and a 91 yard drive. Their offense gave them no breathing room. They were on the field to much. Part of that is the Texans stepping up but alot is their offense going into a shell with a lead. Other teams have done this to the Ravens this year. He earned nothing but another loss because they didn't play 4 quarters. This is a losers mentality.

CloakNNNdagger
12-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Some things NEVER change!

http://images.chron.com/blogs/jeromesolomon/Texans%20tombstone.jpg

And Kareem Jackson.......Gary Kubiak.........and the Texans..........fall down.........again!:shades:

panamamyers
12-14-2010, 08:23 AM

If "right there in its" were as good as victories, Kubiak would be the second coming of Vince Lombardi. Don't get any credit for "right there in its" though.

Double Barrel
12-14-2010, 10:18 AM

I know you're taking a beating for this quote, so I won't pile on.

However, I would ask you to qualify "entire NFL", as the dudes on ESPN, NFLN, and national radio have no respect for this head coach or team. I'm hearing terms like "soft" and "lacks physicality" and "unfocused" and "uninspired" with regards to our team. I'm not reading respect into any of those descriptions, and I'm sure sure why all these folks are not part of the "entire NFL" that you've mentioned.